Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn

Middleburg, VA

Book Your Wedding with Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn

Silver Fox Room. Located in The Fox Den event building, the Silver Fox Room is ideal for ceremonies, rehearsal dinners and small receptions. Lined with glass doors, this room provides a wonderful view of the grounds.

Gold Fox Room. Also located in The Fox Den, the Gold Fox Room is an elegant space perfect for larger receptions. Swarovski chandeliers, a stone fireplace and large glass doors decorate the sophisticated space.

Outdoor Spaces. Couples say their vows in front of a white picket fence, in front of the impressive main house or surrounded by luxuriant trees on the expansive estate. There are several outdoor locations that are also perfect for cocktail hour.

Located outside of the Gold Fox Room, the patio is a great place for a small ceremony, cocktail hour or a place for the guests to get some fresh air and enjoy the view during the reception. Another option is next to the pool. Perfect for a casual rehearsal dinner, cocktail reception or other small party, the poolside is a relaxing outdoor setting.

Couples hosting their wedding at Briar Patch Bed and Breakfast Inn are able to choose their own vendors, and the venue provides a list of local vendors for convenience. Catering companies must be licensed. Many of the suggested catering, photography, music and flower services offer special packages with discounts for weddings held at Briar Patch Bed and Breakfast Inn.

Enough chairs and tables for up to 200 attendants are included for receptions held in The Fox Den, and 200 outdoor chairs are provided for rehearsals and outdoor ceremonies. Dinnerware, tableware, silverware and linens are available for rent if not provided by the catering company.

Rental of the Briar Patch Bed and Breakfast Inn for weekend weddings includes exclusive use of the property and buildings from 4:00 p.m. on Friday to noon on Sunday, making it easy for couples to arrange their rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, day-after brunch and first night as a couple at the same picturesque location. The package includes:

• Use of the main houses' eight charming bedrooms for two nights
  • Use of the private one-bedroom cottage for the bride and groom
  • Three bedrooms in The Chicken Coup are reserved for booking from additional guests
  • Access to the property for ceremonies and gatherings during the weekend for photos
  • Use of The Fox Den for the reception
  • Fox Den or pool area for the rehearsal dinner
  • Complete hot breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning for guests staying the weekend
  • Access to the pool and hot tub

Make your wedding a historic event at Briar Patch.

Make your wedding a historic event at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn, a historic property (c. 1805) on 47 acres with majestic mountain views in Middleburg -- the heart of Virginia horse and wine country. Located 20 minutes from Dulles Airport and 45 minutes from Washington, DC. Weddings up to 200.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

23130 Briar Patch Lane, Middleburg, VA (703) 327-5911

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Andrea R

I used Briar Patch for my October 21, 2017 wedding. Looking at wedding venues can be a discouraging task. Many places have really strict rules such as where you could have the wedding, times you’re allowed to use it, and even which vendors you could use. It was daunting trying... Read More to juggle which restrictions or accommodations you were or were not okay with. From the moment I arrived at Briar Patch and met the staff, I was blown away by how friendly and accommodating they were to my needs. The owner Ellen is 100% welcoming to her brides and supporting their dream weddings. They have a fantastic wedding package that includes not only housing in their main house but also the venue rental property itself for 3 days, 2 nights. While the sticker price may shock you at first, you balance it out with the fact that you can house much of your bridal party (or other guests), have a ample time to set-up/breakdown decorations, full use of their facilities such as extensive grounds, pool, and hot-tub, and fully furnished house and fully stocked kitchen. The staff is incredibly sweet and attentive, and you are not nitpicked or charged for every add on or request you want. This alone…the feeling of being cared for and treated fairly was one of the main reasons I went with Briar Patch. I felt like their biggest joy was in helping me have a spectacular wedding day and not just another tick on their checklist. The venue space is large, airy, and light. It has a very homey and warm feeling when done up, so it feels very intimate and cozy (yet trust me plenty of space for guests, dance floor, and decorations). I highly recommend this venue if you want a warm and loving reception, with a highly attentive staff, and a beautiful nature filled backdrop. Also, as a side note, I highly recommend hiring their in-house coordinating service. I used them and my day went off without a hitch with Ali as my day-of coordinator!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Tahereh M

We had a beautiful wedding at Briar Patch! It was kinda of last minute and they had an availability, so we got a really nice discount! The setting is gorgeous and really fun for kids and families. We were able to fit about 200 people in the reception room. I would definitely... Read More recommend it!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Nikki V

LOVED having our wedding at the Briar Patch! Such a beautiful and peaceful location, and we loved having our closest friends all stay in one house together for our big day. Breakfast was delicious, the venue was perfect, and the staff is amazing. Even ran to Best Buy to pick up... Read More a cord for us for the rehearsal dinner slideshow. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Laura C

I can't imagine a better place to get married! My family and wedding party had a blast staying at the Briar Patch. All of our guests were blown away by the beautiful venue. The people at the briar patch were helpful and kind to us throughout the process of planning my wedding.... Read More I am so grateful for them. Matt and I had a wonderful wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Andrew H

What a venue!!! We had a fall wedding at the Briar Patch with about 140-150 guests. The venue was PERFECT for all of our guests and activities throughout the weekend. Being able to stay on property for the weekend, as well as have family stay with us, was such a pleasant... Read More experience. The Chicken Coop also allowed extended family to stay near by, allowing us to connect with family for a longer period of time. The property itself is gorgeous - barns, horses, hilltops, greenery, etc. Every spot is picture perfect. The Fox Den worked out great for the reception - comfortably fit all of our guests for both a dinner and for dancing. Plus, the patio off of the Den was great for guests to catch some fresh air, mingle and enjoy making s'mores. We had the ceremony on a hilltop over looking some hills in the background. Walking up there with it fully decorated and full of guests continues to bring tears to my eyes. It was just stunning. A lot of Briar Patch's preferred vendors have done several events there and know how to make sure everything flows smoothly. However, Briar Patch is also great in allowing you to bring in other vendors as you please. The ability to bring your own alcohol was appreciated and a huge money saver! Briar Patch was the perfect place to get married, so glad we chose the location.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Kasey V

We had an absolutely AMAZING wedding weekend!! On our first visit to Briar Patch, my husband and I immediately fell in love. We signed our contract that day and did not see any other venues! For our wedding, both of our families arrived on Sunday at noon to set up for the... Read More rehearsal dinner on site that night as well as for our wedding on Monday, and then finally brunch on Tuesday morning. I primarily worked with Ali, who was absolutely fantastic! She was warm, supportive, and helped me wrangle my crazy family! The best part about the wedding was that Briar Patch is dog-friendly- so our 2 mutts were there, plus 5 other family dogs!! Plus both our families and the entire wedding party stayed at the B&B. The whole grounds were ours all weekend (well modified weekend since we got married on a Monday). I cannot say enough good things about this venue. Highly highly recommend. I also included a note written by my brother-in-law. Clearly, Briar Patch Wowed everyone!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Aisha E

I was married at the Briar Patch July 1st 2017. This venue is beautiful with views of rolling hills, vineyards and horses; on first look my husband and I were in-love. We were pleased to have the option of changing from an outside wedding ceremony to inside wedding ceremony at... Read More a moments notice in case the weather changed, fortunately, the weather cooperated and we had the outside wedding of our dreams. The Briar Patch team had great suggestions for overflow hotels, transportation, catering, floral, wedding planning and cake vendors. Not only was the Briar Batch team accommodating and professional, they made my family feel at home for the weekend. Pre-wedding, I was able to drop in and show the venue to my mom when she came to town, with short notice. Family is very important to us, the fact that we were able to share our wedding weekend with both sides of our family in one place was spectacular. The staff at the Briar Patch made our family feel welcomed, their flexibility with check-in was key with people coming from near and far. We had our rehearsal dinner on the property and the Briar Patch staff made sure we had everything we needed from chairs, tables and lighting to pull off an outdoor, evening, pool-side dinner.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Jackie P

My brother got married at Briar Patch, and when I got engaged I knew exactly where I wanted mine. Jackie helped me from start to finish, and was so helpfuk making my wedding stress free.All our guest loved the property, and will be contacting Briar Patch for future events.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Rachel H

Briar Patch Bed and Breakfast was the PERFECT venue for our wedding weekend! We loved that we had the entire property to ourselves for the entire weekend and Briar provided the exact experience we wanted for our wedding. Our entire wedding party got to spend the weekend with... Read More us at the Bed and Breakfast which gave us even more time with our closest friends and family. Another reason we picked Briar was because they had both outdoor and indoor options. We knew we were chancing it, having our wedding on Labor Day weekend, and even though it ended up raining, we were still very happy with how everything turned out, as were our guests! The staff and owner at Briar are incredibly helpful and nice, they were willing to help create the special day and weekend that we wanted.

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Andi H

We cannot say enough about the wonderful weekend we had for our daughter's wedding at Briar Patch. Everything from the beautiful accommodations at the inn to the perfect setting for the reception in the Fox Den; we could not have asked for anything more. Despite the rain, we... Read More had everything we needed from Friday evening until we left on Sunday. Extra thanks to Ali who was there for us with a great deal of patience and kindness no matter how many questions we asked or requests we made. We would not have changed a thing. This venue is the perfect place to have a wedding.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Colleen C

My husband and I visited Briar Patch once before falling in love with this venue. We got married in the beginning of June and Briar Patch was gorgeous and the perfect size for our wedding. The front yard beneath the large oak tree was a great backdrop for the ceremony and... Read More their reception hall is very elegant. We want to recognize Ali Werner for her expertise and assistance with referring us to vendors for our wedding and helping to coordinate the ceremony/reception plan, to name a few items. She was awesome to work with and she helped to coordinate our wedding perfectly. If you are looking for a beautiful location and venue in Middleburg to get married in, we would highly recommend Briar Patch.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Missy C

The Briar Patch B&B made my fairy tale wedding come true! We reserved the entire estate for the whole weekend. We had the rehearsal ceremony and dinner on Friday, wedding on Saturday, and then brunch on Sunday. We had all the rooms at the B&B booked for bridal party and... Read More family. I personally found it less stressful to know that once we arrived Friday night I didn't have to travel anywhere else during the wedding. Our wedding was on Oct 29th, and we completely lucked out with the weather. There were tons of scenic shots for the photographers to work with; hill sides, old barns, fencing, and the main house itself. I worked mostly with Henriette and she was WONDERFUL! She will give you amazing tips & tricks on how to survive your wedding. It seems like every other weekend prior to the wedding we had friends & family that wanted to see the estate, and Henriette was always accommodating. There were definitely a few things I would do differently about my wedding, but picking The Briar Patch was one of the best decisions we did! We can't wait to go back to The Briar Patch for our anniversary and finally get to check out all the amazing wineries in the area.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sarah G

I could not recommend this venue more! It is a beautiful spot, with helpful and professional staff, and it met all of our needs. Top reasons we chose Briar Patch: could accommodate up to 200 guests; exclusive use of the property from Friday afternoon to Sunday noon; excellent... Read More rain plan; flexibility in vendor choice. Briar Patch is very up front about all costs. An important budgeting note: they require you to book all 12 rooms of the B&B along with the site fee. We decided it was worth the extra expense to extend our (parents’) generosity to our wedding party. It worked out perfectly: groom and I shared the cottage, our parents and brothers took the 3 rooms in the “Chicken Coop”, and our remaining bridesmaids and groomsmen fit in the 8 rooms of the guesthouse. Ellen recommended we use Henriette Buell of Lemon Thyme Events for month-of and day-of coordination services. We took Ellen’s advice and are so glad we did! (See our review on her vendor page). I cannot stress how wonderful the exclusive use for the weekend is. It allowed us to be completely relaxed, comfortable, and prepared. We started our weekend with a rehearsal dinner on the lawn area by the pool. The day of our wedding, we made a bit of a risky call to have the ceremony outdoors after some thundershowers passed. We did not regret it – the hilltop made for a beautiful setting, with the Piedmont hills in the background. Given the heat, we held cocktail hour indoors, in the space adjacent to the reception hall, and then opened the doors to the reception hall for dinner. The incomparable Culinary Delights by Feist, who I also highly, highly recommend, catered both our rehearsal dinner and reception dinner, including the fabulous cake! We ended the night with an after party by the pool, and a number of our guests decided to take a dip! Extra touches: two friendly horses on site; relaxing pool; cozy breakfast; spacious & well-stocked bridal suite!)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Udit M

We held our wedding at the Briar Patch B&B and it was perfect. My wife and I have older family members who can not get around very well and we were able to put them up right at the venue. That added a bit of thoughtfulness that was so easy but meant so much. My wife (then a... Read More fiancee) and I stayed there and it was a beautiful. Some family came a day before and the breakfast and the self-catered lunches were a mini-party in themselves. We held the wedding outside under the huge maple tree and it looked exquisite. It was a country wedding in nature and not so far from the city. The reception was held in their reception hall that was right there. There was no lag going from ceremony to party. Everything just flowed together. The staff helped us coordinate and plan at the last minute even while the caterers were there. We used the patio after the dinner to smoke cigars and had a small bonfire all the while dancing was going on inside -- there was something for everyone. Everyone asked how we found such a hidden jem and commented on the beautiful scenery.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Heather W

We couldn't have chosen a more perfect venue to have our wedding at! Briar Patch is truly amazing and absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend booking this venue if you're looking for the BEST place to have an all in one wedding and reception. Briar Patch allows you the option... Read More of booking the entire property for the weekend (from 4pm on Friday until 12pm Sunday) and I can't stress enough how wonderful it is to have the entire place for your exclusive use. I loved the fact that our bridal party was able to stay the whole weekend with us. We had our rehearsal dinner by the pool Friday night. Saturday, we got married by the tree out in the front yard, and then had our reception in the Fox Den. We used Henriette Buell from Lemon Thyme Events to help with our day of coordination. Her assistant Ali was there to coordinate for us on our wedding day, with help from Jackie. They did a wonderful job making sure everything ran smoothly and made sure we were taken care of. All of the staff at Briar Patch were very friendly and made us feel like we were right at home. We loved having the homemade breakfast each morning while we were there! There truly aren’t enough words to describe how perfect Briar Patch, is and we can’t wait to return for our one-year anniversary.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Charles W

The Briar Patch was an amazing venue! We had toured multiple venues before coming to the Briar Patch. We toured venues from Maryland to Washington DC to other Northern Virginia venues and as soon as we toured the Briar Patch we knew it was the venue for us. A few of the many... Read More amazing features of the Briar Patch--1) our family and bridal party could stay on sight 2) stunning views 3) the ENTIRE property is yours for the weekend and 4) you can bring your own liquor and wine. The Briar Patch was extremely responsive to emails and phone calls--often responding within hours if not minutes. They were very accommodating--allowing us to tour the property multiple times throughout the planning process. They provided helpful tips and have list of vendors we could use but were not obligated to do so. They worked to make sure our wedding weekend was truly memorable. We couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else--this was an entire weekend of memories and not simply a day. Thank you Briar Patch and staff for making our wedding weekend so memorable.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Michelle R

The Briar Patch was an amazing location for my wedding. we got tons of compliments on the scenery. Having the property for the whole weekend was the best part. we were able to take our time with everything and when the guests didn't want to leave we were able to keep the party... Read More going! A lot of my bridal party was from out of town so it was really nice having all of them in one location for the wedding weekend. we never had to worry about any one being late. The Briar Patch staff was also very helpful in setting up and knowledgeable about what the best floor plans would be. Plus breakfast in the morning was amazingly delicious!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Maria B

Choosing this venue for our wedding on Oct. 22, 2016, was one of the best decisions we made for our big day! The venue and grounds were beautiful, versatile, clean, and so very charming. Every one of our guests absolutely loved it! Thank you for making our wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Lauren M

Briar Patch was a great venue and they were flexible and easy to work with. We had our wedding over Thanksgiving and couldn't have been happier. Highly recommend one of the holiday deals if you like your soon to be in-laws and want about 20 people to spend a fews days around... Read More your wedding together.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Caroline C

Highly recommended! We chose Briar Patch because of the beautiful scenery and the chance to have the wedding party stay there for a relaxing weekend. We ended up very pleased with the staff's helpfulness during the process and particularly throughout the wedding weekend. (They... Read More even baked us cookies as a welcome!) There are lots of options (both indoor and outdoor) for every part of the festivities, from the rehearsal dinner to the reception. The venue was much more relaxing than other weddings we've attended, which helped us enjoy our special weekend even more.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

There truly aren't words to express how happy I am that we chose Briar Patch as our wedding venue. The entire staff bent over backwards to accommodate us every step of the way, and they have an uncanny ability to make a stressful occasion very relaxed. They are such lovely... Read More people that I started feeling like a friend rather than a client. Our guests raved over how beautiful the venue was, and those that stayed on site loved their rooms. Briar Patch embodies Virginia country charm - you can't take a bad picture! The venue, both inside and out, is absolutely stunning, unique, and extremely special. As a bride, The Cottage is the ideal on-site space to get ready before the event. With its own kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and large sitting space, it provides privacy if you want it, and also allows plenty of space to hang out with family & friends. There is also ample space for the groom to get ready in another with friends/groomsmen. I could not give Briar Patch a higher recommendation. I wish I could do it all over again. I wouldn't change a thing.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Mary A

There is nothing but great, fond memories from our wedding weekend at the Briar Patch. From the very beginning the management and staff (Henriette, Ellen, Alexandra, etc) were nothing but helpful and accommodating. We had to move our wedding date and they didn't try and... Read More overcharge us even though we moved to a different season. This and many other reasons, were a great weight lifted off our shoulders, considering we were paying for our wedding by ourselves. We rented out the entire place for our wedding weekend. We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception at the site. The staff was so helpful coordinating my wedding planner and caterer so that we had nothing to worry about for food or set up and tear down for either the ceremony or reception. This was so nice because I could then focus on other things I needed to get done for the wedding making sure my guests were comfortable. We had our rehearsal dinner at the pool which was awesome! Even though people were being rowdy and having fun at the pool this didn't bother people who were staying in the main house, chicken coop or cottage. I stayed in the chicken coop with my bridesmaids and it was so nice! Everything was brand new and it was roomy and perfect for us to get ready. My husband stayed in the cottage, where we ended up staying the night of our wedding. It was big and cozy and perfect for the guys to get ready. All of our guests loved their rooms and had nothing but good things to say about our entire wedding weekend. They all had so much fun and we really did create awesome memories. The food in the morning was great and really went with the home/laid back/cozy feel we were going for. I could go on and on about the staff, the site, the location but let me just leave you with this: if you want an awesome, fun, beautiful, memorable wedding, go with this place. You will not feel overwhelmed, frustrated, or hopeless because you will have a good group of people who are professional and have planned and thrown (including the owners daughter's wedding) many weddings. You will be left with many great memories and will be so happy with the result.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Michele D

The Briar Patch is a beautiful and historic venue! The staff were all nice and helpful, making it that much easier to plan an event with so many out if towners (including the bride and groom). Plus, the cottage is exceptionally adorable, with little touches (and a ginormous... Read More bathtub) that made our stay magical!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Josh S

It was the absolute perfect venue for a wedding. Beautiful, spacious and a convienient location. Henrietta was amazing! She handled everything perfectly and was super helpful and fun! If you're looking for the peeffect place for your wedding. Look no further!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I had my wedding here valentines weekend 2015 - and it was amazing. My wedding was everything I could've hoped for with the venue of Briar Patch and the help of Henrietta, Ali and Sam. My family and friends loved the rooms - the breakfast and homey feel of the accommodations was... Read More great. Enough safe for 150 guests. We did everything inside - they did a complete turnover from the ceremony to the reception. Plenty of space for the DJ, the buffet dinner setup, the dancing... Everything was perfect. I wish I could relive the day over again