Dressing Brides For Over 40 Years

Bridal and Formal understands that choosing a bridal gown is an important and exciting decision, and they are firmly committed to making all brides look and feel beautiful on their wedding day. Visiting Bridal and Formal will be an experience unparalleled by any other bridal store.

300 W Benson St, Cincinnati, OH (513) 821-6622

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 kelly w

I had the GREATEST experience at Bridal & Formal! This was the only store I tried dresses on and they have a huge selection of "budget-friendly" and couture gowns. I scheduled my appointment on a Friday afternoon (which was amazing because my gals and I practically had the whole... Read More salon to ourselves.) My consultant, Courtney, was soooo much fun to work with. I don't like being the center of attention and I was super nervous about being in the spotlight. After my group and I picked out 7 dresses that I didn't love, Courtney found a few more in the store with my preferences (strapless, sweetheart neckline, satin.) She was very thoughtful about my budget and didn't make me feel poor LOL Courtney also didn't rush us and even gave me her personal opinion when I felt indecisive about each gown. I can't wait for my dress to come into the store so I can put it back on (:

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Crystal H

Bridal and Formal is such a large place, so I imagine that people have a wide variety of experiences. I only stopped into the store on a whim - I had appointments at three other places I thought I was more likely to find my dress. However, I found my dress over our lunch break... Read More just popping into Bridal and Formal! I worked with both Katelyn and Kelsey - they are awesome! When I went back to make a final decision on my dress, the young lady helping me (I didn't catch her name) was disinterested and terse and led me to a semi-public room to change back into the dress. Thankfully, I asked for Kelsey, and the experience improved dramatically again! If you find someone you like, be sure to mention their name every time you walk in. The bridesmaids department staff was very helpful when I was searching for five complementary shades of blue for my bridesmaids dresses. I came on a empty Tuesday evening and they pulled out all the color samples and helped me compare. Saturdays here are INSANE, so come with a game plan if you need to do a Saturday. We were able to order matching lace for my custom-made veil through Bridal and Formal. It took months to come in and almost didn't make it in time, but that was likely out of Bridal and Formal's hands. My dress and bridesmaids dresses all came in on time / slightly early, so no issues there! I used a family friend for alterations, so I can't speak of their recommended shops, but they did give me a lengthy list of options. I would recommend visiting to at least get a good feel for all the types of dresses out there! There are so many options, and you just might stumble across the one. :)

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Katherine R

I found my DREAM DRESS at Bridal & Formal! Although I found their selection of available plus size dresses to try on to be a little lacking (which was honestly the case at every boutique), my dress was not only in my budget but it was everything I ever imagined! Kayla helped me... Read More select my dress and she was a pleasure to work with! She helped me select my gown, a matching belt (because...duh... more bling right?!), a slip and my veil! Thanks Kayla - they looked PERFECT on my big day!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Alexandria S

I cannot express how much I loved shopping at Bridal & Formal. The experience here was completely different from any other dress shop I had been to. My sales associate Karen was so wonderful and did everything she could to make me feel comfortable. They also had a huge selection... Read More to choose from. I would highly recommend this dress shop to any bride looking! Thank you so much!(:

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Emily R

I made an appointment to look for my wedding dress, and when we arrived, the saleswomen seemed to be arguing over who "had" to take me to look for dresses. When one of them started working with us, she asked what size I wear, and when I mentioned that I was plus size, she said... Read More "we may have a few back there that you could look at. Let me know if you want to try anything on." She pointed down an aisle and then walked away from us. After looking through the dresses with no help from the store, we decided to leave. Our salesperson stopped us on the way out and said 'you'll probably want to look somewhere else down the street if you need plus size." I will never go back here, and unfortunately, I had picked out bridesmaids dresses from them, but I will be looking elsewhere.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Kinsey R

Katelyn was amazing! Absolutely loved my dress, as well as the bridesmaids! She helped us to pull all of the colors and styles together. Amazing service!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Laura Beth C

I had a great experience with Bridal & Formal. My consultant was Bobbi, and she was so much fun and very helpful. The staff were very accommodating, even when my mom and I walked in without an appointment, and at a separate appointment when I brought a large number of family... Read More members with me. Bobbi was able to help me pick the perfect dress, even when encountering a lot of push back from my mom, which I really appreciated. I felt and looked stunning on my weeding day, it was the perfect dress! Thank you Bobbi! No issues with getting the dress in, or with ordering bridesmaid dresses.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Kasey W

Lacrecia was AMAZING! She asked the perfect questions and found THE dress that made me completely speechless. I had been to 4 other salons which were all wonderful, but I was starting to think that I wouldn't have "that moment"...it definitely happened with Lacrecia!! She made... Read More me feel so beautiful and taken care of, I will always be thankful I met her!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Kirsten P

We had a blast! We scheduled an appointment after walking in to check out the place. We found out Randy Fenoli from "Say Yes to the Dress" was going to be there so we booked an appointment. It was a $50 deposit to secure the appointment due to it being a special event, but the... Read More money went toward a dress purchase. I had been to a few places and wasn't finding any dresses that really wowed me. They have a large selection and staff that will hunt for things for you based off things you like. They gave suggestions and were all very fun! Pricing wise, they want 60% upfront to order the dress but if you put some money down (at least in my case) they consider it a pre-order until you get to that 60%. Then you have some time to get to the full price.. The place looks very clean and has space for you and your entourage. However there is a 4 person minimum of who you bring with you, the only thing I was sad about, but I fully understand why.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Danielle P

Bad experience. The took my mom and I back to the dresses and basically left us. No one came to help us. After about 20 minutes my mom and I left and no one even noticed. I am certain that if I were going to spend thousands of dollars they would have treated me much... Read More differently. I went across the street to Wendy's Bridal and Michelle helped me find a GORGEOUS dress in my price range. She was so personable, helpful, and kind. She actually told me that they have many people come over complaining about the customer service at Bridal and Formal, and that they have better dressing rooms for those who are spending more money. If that's true...that's ridiculous. Seriously, come on. So the bottom line I think is this....If you're going to spend lots of money, you will likely enjoy Bridal and Formal and think they are wonderful. If you are not, you may not even be given a second glance. Thanks to Wendy's Bridal, though, I had and absolutely fantastic day...and got a lovely dress!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Bridgette B

While they do have a wide selection, I will say this store doesn't have too many plus size options for bigger women to try on, which is fine. I don't expect every store to have every size. However, the woman helping me was not listening to what I wanted and kept putting me in... Read More dresses I told her I didn't like. Now my best friend found her dress here so I'm sure would recommend this store but I however would not. Though, this may have more to do with my consultant versus hers. I guess just be careful when your in there to not let them railroad the appointment because that's what they did with me and I left empty handed and just happy to have the appointment over with.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jessica S

My bridesmaids got their dresses here. Good service, beautiful dresses! They shipped the dresses to out-of-towners too to make things easier.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Erin W

I went into dress buying thinking I would just be looking around and getting an idea of what style I liked, but the attention to detail and care my stylist took to finding me dresses helped me fall completely in love with my wedding dress! Megan Autry was my consultant and she... Read More totally listened to my vision, giving me options that varied along with what I wanted. She also did a great job of keeping everything within my price range. I went on a weekday so had the whole store practically to myself and she took her time to really help find me the dress of my dreams. She directed the appointment well and made me feel absolutely beautiful. I would recommend this place to anyone! Thanks bridal and formal!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Susan H

Bridal and Formal had a great selection of bridesmaids dresses, with great designers like Mori Lee. The experience in the store with three of my bridesmaids was great! Good customer service. However, the customer service took a turn for the worse after that. My bridesmaids each... Read More were to call in with their measurements and then B&F would recommend a dress size for them based on those measurements. The dresses ran very small, so if you were normally a size 2, you'd order a size 10 and have it altered down. Some of my friends were normally a size 8 or 10 and they were told to order like size 25's, no joke. When they opted for a smaller size, the woman on the phone had an attitude and said they were going against their recommendations. The amount of time it took for the dresses to come in was ridiculous. I had my last bridesmaid place her order mid-November, and they said in about 4 months they would be ready. That would be mid-March. I called mid-March, and they said another 2-3 weeks. That rolled by, I called again. Once again, another 2-3 weeks. We were getting into April and alterations needed to happen asap during busy season in order to have these ready for my wedding. My maid of honor even called about the status and the girl rudely told her that only the bride could call. When I, the bride, went to pick up my bridesmaids dresses to do a quality check on them, the girl at the desk clearly just didn't want to be there. I was all excited to see the dresses, yet I felt like I was in trouble? Odd. I even made a point of typing out all the bridesmaids' names and addresses to ship the dresses to save her some work and she didn't seem thankful for that. Overall not impressed. Bridesmaids dresses took about as long, if not longer to come in than my actual Bridal gown. Customer service could be improved.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Emily W

I would like to start off with saying my consultant Iris was PERFECT! She let my mom and I pull 5 dresses and once I went through those she went and pulled dresses based on what I liked and disliked about each dress. It was my first time looking at dresses and she helped me find... Read More one on my first try! Later that day she also helped my friend who's getting married a month before me find her dress! She was so helpful with my friend who had absolutely no idea what she wanted. Iris was so patient and so helpful. I could not recommend her enough! She was so helpful and everyone there is so nice!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Kate J

Terrible!! Unfortunately I have to give one star when they deserve none. They will not help you if something goes wrong. If I could give 0 stars I WOULD! Honestly I went a few months ago while this trunk show was going on, I finally found the bridesmaid dress that I loved and... Read More just had to try it on (it was on the mannequin) it was a size 4 and that was the only day it would be there. It fit almost perfect but was a bit snug in the bust, I was completely fine with it (holds everything where it needs to since I wouldn't be wearing a bra). We left and a few weeks later came back to get measurements and order the dresses. The girl measured me and because of how big my chest is originally bumped me up to an 8.. yes an 8, I told her absolutely not I love the 4 and then decided to bump me down to a six and said I will only have make SLIGHT alterations (LIE)!!! Months later (end of may 2017) I finally got my dress, I tried it on and my lord... it is huge! A complete dress size to big and at LEAST 2 sizes to big in the chest! So today June 1st 2017 I take my dress into the store and said we have a big problem, low an behold they did NOTHING FOR ME! They would not order me a new dress and would not pay for the 100+ dollars I need for alterations because they couldn't do their job right oh and I'm talking to the manager by the way. She told me the 4 I tried on at the trunk show was probably altered to fit one of the "models".. I said okay and.. like I said the sample FIT me so why the hell would they think a six would work for me. If it would have been the 4 I could have only altered a small amount now I have to alter a whole dress size down. Anyways all around TERRIBLE experience at this point. My mother who was with me left a very not so nice message to the owners voicemail. Absolutely do not EVER recommend this place.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Turner S

Norma was fantastic! I haven't bought a dress yet, but she stayed under my budget, listened to what I wanted and picked out some amazing dresses for me. She made sure it was all about me and what I wanted, and it was a fun experience. I was super indecisive, and it is so far... Read More from my wedding still, but I would definitely go back, and definitely work with her again!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Clare D

My consultant- KIMBERLY- was absolutely terrible and ruined the entire experience. This was the first place I went to try on dresses and it was a nightmare because of her. She asked me for pictures of the dresses I had in mind, which was great, but as soon as I showed her the... Read More first one she goes- oh no thats not in your budget! and threw it aside. I was just showing her so she could see the style I had in mind. Then she said NO ONE was allowed in the dressing room with me, even my mother. My mom insisted and she rolled her eyes at her and made a face at another sales consultant. When I told her my wedding was in October, she made a face behind my back and counted the months obnoxiously on her fingers. My friends and mom saw her. She contradicted herself over and over, had no idea what she was doing, didn't have me try on any of the dresses we picked out and was incredibly RUDE. She would make comments like, thats extra money to not get the beading.. and would then say the opposite a few moments later. It felt like we were working for her and it was her day. She seemed inconvenienced, was disrespectful and not in her element at all. I am spending several thousand dollars, I would at LEAST like some respect. At the end she said, well now you have the styles you like so you can go somewhere else. The first question she asked is how many places we had scheduled for the day. This lady was completely insane and needs to be fired.

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Casey E

I wouldn't even give this place one star if I could! I had an appointment for 3+ months and when I came in it was mass chaos! No one was willing to help me find the gowns I had saved and brought pictures in of.. I was put in a back room in the smallest dressing room available... Read More (try getting on a Cinderella gown in a room thats 3.5 ft wide and long. Also, the area we were sat at, was TERRIBLE. My own mother couldnt even see the dresses I was in unless she got up and completely walked in front of me- horrible set up on their part. Although some of their gowns were more budget friendly- you get what you pay for. I have no doubt that if I would have purchased my gown here it would have been a living nightmare to get in correctly as they were careless in my consultation. Before my appointment began, we witnessed the consultants dragging the dresses across the floor (yes, they are in bags but my goodness really?). The set up of dresses are terrible as well. Everything is in a bag making it next to impossible to even see what the gown really looks like when pulling ones to try on. My consultant did not help me in & out of gowns, luckily my Matron of Honor was willing to do all of the work. When the consultant did clip my dress (to my size) it was a half-ass job and wasn't even a good "fit". Never once did they bother to ask what I did or did not like about a gown. The gowns I did pull to try on, I got to try 2 of the 5 I pulled because they are so disorganized they didn't even bring back all of the ones I had picked. The one gown I did get to try on that I had asked for was a Badly Mischka gown. When I was in front the mirror I asked for a belt to match the gown to see if it added the "ah" factor I was looking for.. When the consultant came over with the belt she said the is an "Enzoani belt so its the same designer as the gown". At this point I was so fed up I just didn't even say a word but couldn't believe this consultant didn't have a single solitary clue what she was talking about or trying to "sell". This place is the most impersonal bridal salon I have ever stepped foot into. I am 99% sure my consultant didn't even know my name. When I was in the dressing room to get my street clothes back on before leaving another consultant had grabbed my items out of my derssing room and tossed them in the hallway; like what, excuse me? After being in the salon 30 minutes I was so fed up, we left. One of my friends was supposed to go shopping here this coming weekend and after hearing my experience she changed her appointment to another Bridal Salon. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Lauren J

I don't even know where to begin with my fabulous experience with Norma when searching for my bridal gown. She went over and above to make the entire experience perfect. I made an appointment to begin looking for dresses and ended up finding a dress that was complete opposite of... Read More what I thought I originally wanted. Norma made the experience flawless and a magical experience! Please ask for her when finding your wedding dress. I picked out a beautiful Christina Wu gown. The only downfall was the girl doing the measurements. She was uncomfortable doing my measurement without me wearing a bra although I was not going to wear one with the dress. I was then suggested to get the size I tried when it was pinned and about a dress size too large. I went against her suggestion although she was not happy with that. I am so glad I did since I lost 20 pounds and ended up needing even more alterations (Alterations by Toni). The dress turned out perfect for my wedding Day thanks to using my best judgement. I can't thank Norma enough for making the experience wonderful. I highly DO NOT recommend the bridesmaid department as that was the most miserable experience of my wedding planning.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Elizabeth V

terrible experience with my sisters wedding. to start off at best, her dress was beautiful, it was fine no problems. however the attendent was not helpful and didnt really do anything. we looked for ourselves, she didnt pull anything. i don't know what she did honestly. to the... Read More bad part now: i had a terrible time with my bridesmaid dress. the girl who fitted me was completely wrong. it was huge! it was a quick wedding process, so when i got the dress, i immediately called them to fix it. they said they couldnt do anything. they couldnt put a rush on a new dress, even if they could i would have to pay for another dress. they wouldnt even discount the dress or pay for my alterations since the dress had to be RECONSTRUCTED COMPLETELY!!! which they fitted me for. my sisters experience was sub-par and mine was TERRIBLE. the girls who work here don't seem to care. if your looking for a nice experience, people could say mine was a fluke or w/e, but it was subpar at best. Ive had many other friends with terrible issues as well!

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Kristen B

The dresses were beautiful; however, my consultant was rude, demeaning, and flippant. I understand the value in trying on dresses a consultant suggests; however, it took a good forty minutes for the dresses my family and I selected to arrive in the fitting area. Several dresses... Read More I openly stated my distaste for were forced upon me, and when I expressed my opinion my consultant acted as if I had committed a crime. When I finally got to the first dress I picked, she immediately stated it was "plain" and "boring". I loved it; however, when one of my aunts noticed the skirt didn't look as good in photos, the consultant proceeded to create a huge fiasco out of the situation. She literally yelled at my aunt "not with a PROFESSIONAL photographer, and a 5,000 dollar camera. Of course it's going to look like that in Dr.'s office lighting and through the lense of an iPhone." She continued to retort my bridal party with very biting, snide remarks. Even after we switched consultants she returned to display to us all a "professional" photo of the previous dress, which made the experience all the more uncomfortable. Moreover, the fact that my consultant was wholeheartedly defending a dress that she originally labeled "plain" and "boring" completely diminished any genuine, ethical salesmanship. She was clearly pushing for the sale, and any sale whatsoever. A bride should be treated with respect while searching for the most important dress of her life, rather than having to endure agressive, elementary, upselling tactics.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Brooke P

Loved my experience! I told them my price range and showed photos of what I was looking for, and they knew exactly which gowns to direct me to. They were even able to lower the price a bit of the gown that I fell in love with to better fit my budget. The only negative part was... Read More when I went to try on and pick up my gown. The girls working at the front desk seemed annoyed that they had to be there, like they were arguing over who had to help me. Other than that, everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Amanda Z

I got both my wedding gown and wedding party dresses from Bridal and Formal, so I will give a review of each side. My Bridal consultant was Karen and she was absolutely amazing. I had called in about a specific dress I wanted to try and she had it all ready for me. I went... Read More pretty much on a whim with my mom on a weeknight evening and I think that made all the difference. It gets pretty crazy on weekends, so I would recommend trying to go during the week when it is slower. My dress was the first dress I tried! She still took the time to look at pictures that I brought with me and to ask about the vision for my wedding. She brought other options for me to try as well to make sure my gown was the one. I only had my mom with me and we had wonderfully personalized service. I expressed that I was upset that some of my loved ones didn't share the shopping experience with me, so Karen suggested that we have a gown reveal party! A week after we bought my gown I came in with my "entourage" and they had my dress hidden in the room. the people in my group got to see me try on a couple of other dresses before I came out in the one I chose. The party really made it a special day. My gown came in earlier than expected and it was absolutely beautiful! The entire bridesmaid's department is absolutely amazing, but especially Kristen. She worked with me for a long time until we found the perfect dresses and everyone was so incredibly accommodating. I really can't say enough how happy I am with the Bridesmaid's department ladies! We also picked out our Flower Girl and Mother of the Groom dresses at Bridal and Formal.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Kari S

I went to many places and had a very specific style in mind and barely any company had my style. Since Bridal and Formal has a huge selection I found my dress and Jarvis did a great job finding me my dress! She was awesome, warm, and friendly and so was all the staff I worked... Read More with.