Dressing Brides For Over 40 Years

Bridal and Formal understands that choosing a bridal gown is an important and exciting decision, and they are firmly committed to making all brides look and feel beautiful on their wedding day. Visiting Bridal and Formal will be an experience unparalleled by any other bridal store.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Bridal Stylists, Fashion

Bow2010

300 W Benson St, Cincinnati, OH (513) 821-6622

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 6/12/2013 Kirsten C

Great Service, beautiful salon! My dress came quicker than promised! I bought a Christina Wu for $800. Everyone thought my gown was gorgeous! I'm extremely pleased with Bridal & Formal, Inc.!

THE one!

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Jessica G

After 3 cities, 6 wedding gown shops and finally lucky dress number 35 was the one I knew I would wear on my wedding day. Shopping for plus sizes had been very difficult up to this point. When I saw their selection of selection of plus size bridal gown at this store I was... Read More ectatic! My personal consultant was so sweet and personable with me and made it such a memorable experience. Tears flowed as I sadi yes to the dress, and my Mom hugged me.

My Dream Dress

Reviewed on 10/17/2011 Melanie M

As far as a wedding dress shop goes, bridal and formal has it all. Everything from my dream dress, beautiful earrings for my special day, and even my shoes...I was thrilled with everything! Make sure though, when you think you found the dress, put on a veil, and walk out in the... Read More better lighting and larger mirrors...it makes the moment!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Lauren J

I don't even know where to begin with my fabulous experience with Norma when searching for my bridal gown. She went over and above to make the entire experience perfect. I made an appointment to begin looking for dresses and ended up finding a dress that was complete opposite of... Read More what I thought I originally wanted. Norma made the experience flawless and a magical experience! Please ask for her when finding your wedding dress. I picked out a beautiful Christina Wu gown. The only downfall was the girl doing the measurements. She was uncomfortable doing my measurement without me wearing a bra although I was not going to wear one with the dress. I was then suggested to get the size I tried when it was pinned and about a dress size too large. I went against her suggestion although she was not happy with that. I am so glad I did since I lost 20 pounds and ended up needing even more alterations (Alterations by Toni). The dress turned out perfect for my wedding Day thanks to using my best judgement. I can't thank Norma enough for making the experience wonderful. I highly DO NOT recommend the bridesmaid department as that was the most miserable experience of my wedding planning.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Elizabeth V

terrible experience with my sisters wedding. to start off at best, her dress was beautiful, it was fine no problems. however the attendent was not helpful and didnt really do anything. we looked for ourselves, she didnt pull anything. i don't know what she did honestly. to the... Read More bad part now: i had a terrible time with my bridesmaid dress. the girl who fitted me was completely wrong. it was huge! it was a quick wedding process, so when i got the dress, i immediately called them to fix it. they said they couldnt do anything. they couldnt put a rush on a new dress, even if they could i would have to pay for another dress. they wouldnt even discount the dress or pay for my alterations since the dress had to be RECONSTRUCTED COMPLETELY!!! which they fitted me for. my sisters experience was sub-par and mine was TERRIBLE. the girls who work here don't seem to care. if your looking for a nice experience, people could say mine was a fluke or w/e, but it was subpar at best. Ive had many other friends with terrible issues as well!

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Kristen B

The dresses were beautiful; however, my consultant was rude, demeaning, and flippant. I understand the value in trying on dresses a consultant suggests; however, it took a good forty minutes for the dresses my family and I selected to arrive in the fitting area. Several dresses... Read More I openly stated my distaste for were forced upon me, and when I expressed my opinion my consultant acted as if I had committed a crime. When I finally got to the first dress I picked, she immediately stated it was "plain" and "boring". I loved it; however, when one of my aunts noticed the skirt didn't look as good in photos, the consultant proceeded to create a huge fiasco out of the situation. She literally yelled at my aunt "not with a PROFESSIONAL photographer, and a 5,000 dollar camera. Of course it's going to look like that in Dr.'s office lighting and through the lense of an iPhone." She continued to retort my bridal party with very biting, snide remarks. Even after we switched consultants she returned to display to us all a "professional" photo of the previous dress, which made the experience all the more uncomfortable. Moreover, the fact that my consultant was wholeheartedly defending a dress that she originally labeled "plain" and "boring" completely diminished any genuine, ethical salesmanship. She was clearly pushing for the sale, and any sale whatsoever. A bride should be treated with respect while searching for the most important dress of her life, rather than having to endure agressive, elementary, upselling tactics.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Brooke P

Loved my experience! I told them my price range and showed photos of what I was looking for, and they knew exactly which gowns to direct me to. They were even able to lower the price a bit of the gown that I fell in love with to better fit my budget. The only negative part was... Read More when I went to try on and pick up my gown. The girls working at the front desk seemed annoyed that they had to be there, like they were arguing over who had to help me. Other than that, everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Amanda Z

I got both my wedding gown and wedding party dresses from Bridal and Formal, so I will give a review of each side. My Bridal consultant was Karen and she was absolutely amazing. I had called in about a specific dress I wanted to try and she had it all ready for me. I went... Read More pretty much on a whim with my mom on a weeknight evening and I think that made all the difference. It gets pretty crazy on weekends, so I would recommend trying to go during the week when it is slower. My dress was the first dress I tried! She still took the time to look at pictures that I brought with me and to ask about the vision for my wedding. She brought other options for me to try as well to make sure my gown was the one. I only had my mom with me and we had wonderfully personalized service. I expressed that I was upset that some of my loved ones didn't share the shopping experience with me, so Karen suggested that we have a gown reveal party! A week after we bought my gown I came in with my "entourage" and they had my dress hidden in the room. the people in my group got to see me try on a couple of other dresses before I came out in the one I chose. The party really made it a special day. My gown came in earlier than expected and it was absolutely beautiful! The entire bridesmaid's department is absolutely amazing, but especially Kristen. She worked with me for a long time until we found the perfect dresses and everyone was so incredibly accommodating. I really can't say enough how happy I am with the Bridesmaid's department ladies! We also picked out our Flower Girl and Mother of the Groom dresses at Bridal and Formal.

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Kari S

I went to many places and had a very specific style in mind and barely any company had my style. Since Bridal and Formal has a huge selection I found my dress and Jarvis did a great job finding me my dress! She was awesome, warm, and friendly and so was all the staff I worked... Read More with.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Brandy A

I shopped at bridal and formal and the customer service was amazing. I worked with Courtney the day i found my dress. She listened to my style and what I wanted and picked the perfect dress for my special day. I would highly recommend Bridal and Formal for wedding dresses and... Read More defenitly ask for Courtney. She was awesome!!!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Gabbie C

Bridal and Formal was my third stop in the Reading Bridal District and I am very happy it was. I went to two other boutiques first and they were different in the fact that they catered to you- meaning you got the full bridal shopping experience. You had your own fitting room and... Read More your consultant picking your dresses and bringing back different ones to see what you love. At Bridal and Formal it's more of a "go look through the dresses and pick what you like then we will try them on." They have SO MANY dresses to look through and choose from- so much more than the other places. We tried several but just not really finding what I love. My consultant, Sam, went out and brought me back three final dresses to try on. One happened to be the exact dress I was looking for!!! She took me into a separate room with the most perfect lighting, put a veil on me, and made me feel like the most beautiful bride-to-be! I loved working with her!!! Fabulous! The only downfall is the dressing room area is sub-par. The lighting in the main dressing room area was horrible!! I didn't realize how much I loved my dress until she took me into the separate room. I'm glad I got the experience at the other two places first but I loved working with Sam and she found me the dress of my dreams!!!! I can't wait till my fiancé (and guests) gets to see me in it!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Nickol M

If there was anything I would change about my wedding planning, it would have been getting my dress from Bridal & Formal. Even though I made an appointment, I was stuffed in a corner behind a semi-partition in an open room packed with other brides. It felt rushed and careless.... Read More My consultant changed half way through, and I didn't get much personal guidance on what styles complimented me or initiative for other suggested styles that would suit me better. I found a dress that I liked and ordered it on my first visit. However, the consultant (the first one who magically returned at the end) sized me a half size up although I was right within the next size down. When I picked up my dress (about 3 weeks later than they initially stated) the bust and length were huge, and waist bigger than I needed (note, I am 5'2 and wear a size 4 and didn't drastically lose weight in between). My saving grace was Sue's Creations, who essentially made me a brand new dress in her alterations that was beautiful.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Angelita W

USED SALESMAN OF BENSON STREET! 1. They need to be kicked out of Benson Street! All the Bridal Salons on Benson Street were wonderful! This one was cheap, rude, shady sales tactics and dressing room situation was totally embarrassing for brides and crowded spectators. 2. Group... Read More dressing room? 10 brides in their underwear and bridal party-mothers-grandmothers-kids and loud screeching sales people all crowded in one large room? HOW EMBARRASSING FOR EVERYONE!! 3. They need to be kicked out of Benson Street and out of www.theknot.com 4. Lack of respect for your privacy! They make thousands of dollars in sales and can't even offer private dressing rooms? EVEN WALMART RESPECTS YOUR PRIVACY WITH PRIVATE DRESSING ROOMS! 5. Totally demeaning experience. Salespeople double teaming us with hyper comments and talking over you and being pushy. 6. Salespeople taking expensive dresses and dragging them across the floor-eventhough they were in bags. Very poor taste. 7. Store is there solely for profits and nothing else. Please move out of the wedding district1

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Christine N

This is the place!! I worked with Karen and what a spitfire she is.......couldn't have been matched up with anyone better. I didn't have enough time to order the dress I chose and they worked with me on getting the sample which was in almost perfect condition. Everyone I... Read More encounted at the salon was helpful, honest and pleasant. Glad I made the trip from Columbus.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kelsey S

I purchased my gown as well as bridesmaids gowns from Bridal and Formal. They were the only place I went to look. Their options are endless. Their styles are amazing and their staff is super helpful and fun to work with. I tried on a handful of dresses until I found the perfect... Read More one and my bridesmaids had a blast choosing theirs. I recommend this place to all Cincy brides. It is a must see.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Natalie S

Excellent selection of dresses and excellent service. The staff were able to pull exactly what I was looking for and negotiated the price of my dress. When we shopped for bridesmaid dresses, they gave us an entire fitting room which other places did not do.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Blair K

Megan A at Bridal and Formal was so helpful and creative during my visit. She had great ideas, really listened to my preferences, and was easy to talk to. We were lucky to get her input for a wedding gown and came back for bridesmaid dresses the next day!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Lindsay R

I went to Bridal and Formal for a dress in August of 2015. It was the first and only store I went to to find my dress. I made an appointment ahead of time and brought along my bridesmaids, mom, grandma and mother in law. They had enough room so that we didn't feel crowded. I... Read More really enjoyed this shop and the variety of dresses that they had. I tried on the dress that I *thought* I wanted but ended up not liking it. I actually ended up leaving with exactly what I said I wouldn't and I loved it. I found such a unique dress and the best part was that it had pockets :P They also did a great job accessorizing and working with us on price. My wedding wasnt until Sept. 2016 but my dress was ready by Oct 2015! I live in Columbus and my veil wasnt in yet so they mailed it to me at no charge. We did try to look for bridesmaid dresses here but they were all too fancy for what we wanted.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Ashley K

Went here to get my bridesmaids dresses. Dresses are beautiful and arrived on time. They even price matched a local salon who had a better price. However, they wrote one of my bridesmaid dress measurements down incorrectly. It ended up being way too small and they had to express... Read More order the fabric in to get it fixed. Still not sure how it will look.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Lindsay B

I loved my experience at Bridal and Formal. I didn't end up getting my dress there, BUT I can't say enough great things about my consultant, Norma. She was fabulous and really worked with me well. She listened to my opinions and ended up finding me the dress I almost went back... Read More and got. The selection was great. Really great experience and I came really close to ordering my dress through them, I just found one I liked a little more at a different salon. Thanks for one of my favorite shopping experiences! I will definitely be back for bridesmaids dresses, because I enjoyed my dress experience so much.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Sara V

I went with my mom sister and two bridesmaids to try on dresses at store number 3. Everyone at Bridal and Formal was very helpful. I was not looking for something super traditional or big and their staff listened and helped me to find my perfect dress! It was very elegant and... Read More classy and even better than I remembered it in the store.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Katelyn M

Dealing with the Bridal and Formal bridesmaids department was by far the most stressful and upsetting part of my whole wedding experience. First of all when I first placed an order I was told that the dresses would only be in 1 - 2 weeks before my wedding and that I should place... Read More a rush order on each dress which would almost be an addition $200.00 total. I chose not to do this and take my chances because I felt like there should've been plenty of time for the dress to come in. I understand that they have to call every week to give updates on who has purchased the dress, but each week I was told that I should place a rush fee even though I had already decided against it. And guess what my dresses came in a little over a month before my wedding. I honestly feel like they were just trying to get more money. My biggest complaint about working with the company is that when one of my bridesmaids took the dress out of the bag she noticed a huge tear in the dress before she even tried it on. They made her drive all the way up there again and then told her that they weren't liable for it because she had signed the receipt. Well I guess in the receipt it says that once you take it out of the store it's your responsibility and they're not liable. It's very poor customer service to not tell your customers that they should look at the dress before they take it out of the store to make sure there's no damages to it and to explain that they weren't liable. Instead they were too busy talking to each other. Because of this they almost made me a lose a bridesmaid who was so upset at the way she was treated (you blamed her for the tear in the dress) and you had me in tears. So much for the customer is always right. They refused to do anything about the damages. If you're going to shop here be sure to read the fine print and make sure there's no damages to your dresses. This whole experience was absolutely ridiculous and I will never recommend this company.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Molly G

Love love Bridal & formal I'm so excited I found my dress there I couldn't be happier everyone was super nice and Megan was amazing and helped me find my beautiful dress

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Gabby N

I was not impressed with the staff or dresses I tried on. I felt they were not very professional and were defensive about any critiques I made about dresses I tried on. The store itself is very overwhelming and it was my first time shopping so I wasn't given much direction or... Read More guidance. My family picked out several dresses for me to try on and I never got to try them on. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone newly engaged looking for their dress for their big day.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Samantha M

Absolutely loved my experience here. My consultant was very energetic, kept our spirits high, and ultimately was the one who found my dress because she paid attention to what I liked and disliked.