Dressing Brides For Over 40 Years

Bridal and Formal understands that choosing a bridal gown is an important and exciting decision, and they are firmly committed to making all brides look and feel beautiful on their wedding day. Visiting Bridal and Formal will be an experience unparalleled by any other bridal store.

300 W Benson St, Cincinnati, OH (513) 821-6622

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 kelly w

I had the GREATEST experience at Bridal & Formal! This was the only store I tried dresses on and they have a huge selection of "budget-friendly" and couture gowns. I scheduled my appointment on a Friday afternoon (which was amazing because my gals and I practically had the whole... Read More salon to ourselves.) My consultant, Courtney, was soooo much fun to work with. I don't like being the center of attention and I was super nervous about being in the spotlight. After my group and I picked out 7 dresses that I didn't love, Courtney found a few more in the store with my preferences (strapless, sweetheart neckline, satin.) She was very thoughtful about my budget and didn't make me feel poor LOL Courtney also didn't rush us and even gave me her personal opinion when I felt indecisive about each gown. I can't wait for my dress to come into the store so I can put it back on (:

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Danielle E

My experience at Bridal & Formal was perfect. Kelsey helped me and she went over and beyond for my appointment. Kelsey was so helpful, I was worried about being overwhelmed and she took that off me. I never felt pressured to buy that day which was important to me. I had... Read More appointments at other shops and I can say some need to take notes from Bridal and Formal.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Crystal H

Bridal and Formal is such a large place, so I imagine that people have a wide variety of experiences. I only stopped into the store on a whim - I had appointments at three other places I thought I was more likely to find my dress. However, I found my dress over our lunch break... Read More just popping into Bridal and Formal! I worked with both Katelyn and Kelsey - they are awesome! When I went back to make a final decision on my dress, the young lady helping me (I didn't catch her name) was disinterested and terse and led me to a semi-public room to change back into the dress. Thankfully, I asked for Kelsey, and the experience improved dramatically again! If you find someone you like, be sure to mention their name every time you walk in. The bridesmaids department staff was very helpful when I was searching for five complementary shades of blue for my bridesmaids dresses. I came on a empty Tuesday evening and they pulled out all the color samples and helped me compare. Saturdays here are INSANE, so come with a game plan if you need to do a Saturday. We were able to order matching lace for my custom-made veil through Bridal and Formal. It took months to come in and almost didn't make it in time, but that was likely out of Bridal and Formal's hands. My dress and bridesmaids dresses all came in on time / slightly early, so no issues there! I used a family friend for alterations, so I can't speak of their recommended shops, but they did give me a lengthy list of options. I would recommend visiting to at least get a good feel for all the types of dresses out there! There are so many options, and you just might stumble across the one. :)

Reviewed on 3/19/2018 Nena P

My sister and I had a wonderful experience at Bridal and Formal. We tried to get into Kismet across the street, but no one came to the door, so we decided to go into Bridal and Formal instead, knowing full-well we wouldn't be able to afford anything inside, but it might be fun... Read More to try on the dresses just to see how they look. We went early, so no one was busy and they were able to take our walk-in. I got matched with Lecrecia and I couldn't have chosen a more perfect consultant to help me. She was so knowledgeable and extremely helpful (and fast!) once I described my perfect Boho wedding dress to her. Literally, the FIRST dress she picked for me ended up being THE dress! It had all the elements I wanted and opened me up to what my perfect dress could be! It made my sister cry when Lecrecia snagged some turquoise fabric to show what my wedding sash would look like, gave me a red bouquet to hold AND brought out the matching veil with the same type of lace on it! She got me a heck of a deal on the dress, veil AND an added panel to the underskirt which all ended up under $1000! I couldn't have been happier with my experience at Bridal and Formal and I will be reccommending them to my friends for sure! Can't wait to get my dress ordered!!!

Reviewed on 3/09/2018 Cathy P

This was the second place that I went to look for my dress. I had a specific dream of what I wanted and the other bridal salon told me that I would never find what I wanted without special ordering it online. Needless to say I was a little disheartened but I decided to go to... Read More Bridal and Formal anyway. I am so glad I did. Lacrecia was my consultant and she was so amazing. From the moment I met her I felt so comfortable and at ease. She helped me find my dream dress. It actually ended up being the first one that she pulled. Lacrecia helped me not only find the dress but see myself as a bride. There were two dresses that I could not decide between. Lacrecia let my little sister, who looks like me, put on the other dress so that I could see the dresses side by side. At the other bridal salon, I felt rushed. At Bridal and Formal I felt comfortable and Lacrecia made sure that I was her priority and that she would not rush me. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 2/10/2018 Hilary M

As I was about to walk into Bridal and Formal with my Mom in search of THE perfect dress for my Wedding Day, I was excited, but also pretty nervous because I knew there would be so many beautiful gowns to choose from. I just kept thinking to myself, “How does a girl just choose... Read More one, or even know which dress she tries on is THE dress for her?!” To my relief, my nervousness had subsided because of the comfort the Team at Bridal and Formal, and more particularly, my consultant Bobbi, provided me the entire time I was in their store. The butterflies went away nearly the second I walked through the door. I knew that they were going to make sure that I had an experience of a lifetime and they didn’t disappoint! Bobbi was a total Rockstar, and made this the most enjoyable day I had throughout the entire wedding planning process. She’s extremely knowledgeable, and truly listened to what I was looking for in finding my perfect dress. After trying on a couple of gowns, my vision came to life! I knew right when I tried it on that I found MY perfect dress and I couldn’t have been happier with my decision! Believe it or not, this was by far the most fun, stress free shopping trip I’ve ever had. While I was extremely grateful for Bobbi’s dedicated attention, it meant just as much to me that the owners, Andy and Lisa, took the time to provide feedback on the gowns I was trying on, and that they ensured I had nothing short of an exceptional experience. It’s this type of team effort and family environment that confirmed my vision that Bridal and Formal was the perfect place for me to not only purchase my Wedding gown but also my Bridesmaid dresses. Thank you to everyone at Bridal and Formal for giving me the best experience a Bride could ever ask for!

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Jenna H

I had an appointment for bridesmaids dresses and could not be more pleased with how the day went! I went into it not knowing what I wanted and what to expect. Rosie went above and beyond to help me find the perfect dresses for my bridesmaids, MOH & mom!

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Emily V

This enormous bridal salon is worth visiting just for the experience! I had a great time browsing the huge selection of dresses and seeing what other brides were trying on. It was very chaotic on the weekend that I visited, which was overwhelming for me and my bridal party.... Read More Although I did not buy a dress here, I want to mention how fantastic Michelle was in helping me and my family. She was very professional, kind, and a good listener.

Reviewed on 1/06/2018 Ashley N

Helped an indecisive bride explore options and find the perfect match!

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Allison S

I ordered my wedding dress from Bridal & Formal for our October wedding. I was so lucky to be paired with Bobbi! She made the process fun and easy, and seemed genuinely interested in me finding the perfect dress for me. She paid attention to my budget and wasn’t at all pushy or... Read More only interested in making a sale. I probably tried on over 10 dresses and she was very patient, listened to what I liked & didn’t like about each one, and kept bringing more. Finally, she brought out a dress that had ALL of my favorite things from the previous dresses. (It was like she magically made it in the back room or something.) It was PERFECT! I absolutely loved my wedding dress and received so many compliments. Thank you Bobbi for making the process of finding a wedding dress so special and painless!

Reviewed on 12/23/2017 Jacqueline M

I had such a positive experience going to Bridal & Formal for my wedding gown. Everyone at the boutique was friendly, fun, and accommodating! Courtney assisted me and my MOH throughout the whole process, and I was so surprised at her genuine excitement and enthusiasm for my... Read More wedding. I felt like she truly cared about me and my big day, and that she enjoyed being a part of my wedding experience. By the time I selected my dress, I practically felt like she was a friend. Very grateful to her for making this time so memorable and special. My Maggie Sottero gown was beyond perfect on my wedding day, and I will always be grateful to the Bridal & Formal staff for helping me pick my dream dress.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Katherine R

I found my DREAM DRESS at Bridal & Formal! Although I found their selection of available plus size dresses to try on to be a little lacking (which was honestly the case at every boutique), my dress was not only in my budget but it was everything I ever imagined! Kayla helped me... Read More select my dress and she was a pleasure to work with! She helped me select my gown, a matching belt (because...duh... more bling right?!), a slip and my veil! Thanks Kayla - they looked PERFECT on my big day!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Alexandria S

I cannot express how much I loved shopping at Bridal & Formal. The experience here was completely different from any other dress shop I had been to. My sales associate Karen was so wonderful and did everything she could to make me feel comfortable. They also had a huge selection... Read More to choose from. I would highly recommend this dress shop to any bride looking! Thank you so much!(:

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Emily R

I made an appointment to look for my wedding dress, and when we arrived, the saleswomen seemed to be arguing over who "had" to take me to look for dresses. When one of them started working with us, she asked what size I wear, and when I mentioned that I was plus size, she said... Read More "we may have a few back there that you could look at. Let me know if you want to try anything on." She pointed down an aisle and then walked away from us. After looking through the dresses with no help from the store, we decided to leave. Our salesperson stopped us on the way out and said 'you'll probably want to look somewhere else down the street if you need plus size." I will never go back here, and unfortunately, I had picked out bridesmaids dresses from them, but I will be looking elsewhere.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Kinsey R

Katelyn was amazing! Absolutely loved my dress, as well as the bridesmaids! She helped us to pull all of the colors and styles together. Amazing service!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Laura Beth C

I had a great experience with Bridal & Formal. My consultant was Bobbi, and she was so much fun and very helpful. The staff were very accommodating, even when my mom and I walked in without an appointment, and at a separate appointment when I brought a large number of family... Read More members with me. Bobbi was able to help me pick the perfect dress, even when encountering a lot of push back from my mom, which I really appreciated. I felt and looked stunning on my weeding day, it was the perfect dress! Thank you Bobbi! No issues with getting the dress in, or with ordering bridesmaid dresses.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Kasey W

Lacrecia was AMAZING! She asked the perfect questions and found THE dress that made me completely speechless. I had been to 4 other salons which were all wonderful, but I was starting to think that I wouldn't have "that moment"...it definitely happened with Lacrecia!! She made... Read More me feel so beautiful and taken care of, I will always be thankful I met her!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Kirsten P

We had a blast! We scheduled an appointment after walking in to check out the place. We found out Randy Fenoli from "Say Yes to the Dress" was going to be there so we booked an appointment. It was a $50 deposit to secure the appointment due to it being a special event, but the... Read More money went toward a dress purchase. I had been to a few places and wasn't finding any dresses that really wowed me. They have a large selection and staff that will hunt for things for you based off things you like. They gave suggestions and were all very fun! Pricing wise, they want 60% upfront to order the dress but if you put some money down (at least in my case) they consider it a pre-order until you get to that 60%. Then you have some time to get to the full price.. The place looks very clean and has space for you and your entourage. However there is a 4 person minimum of who you bring with you, the only thing I was sad about, but I fully understand why.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Danielle P

Bad experience. The took my mom and I back to the dresses and basically left us. No one came to help us. After about 20 minutes my mom and I left and no one even noticed. I am certain that if I were going to spend thousands of dollars they would have treated me much... Read More differently. I went across the street to Wendy's Bridal and Michelle helped me find a GORGEOUS dress in my price range. She was so personable, helpful, and kind. She actually told me that they have many people come over complaining about the customer service at Bridal and Formal, and that they have better dressing rooms for those who are spending more money. If that's true...that's ridiculous. Seriously, come on. So the bottom line I think is this....If you're going to spend lots of money, you will likely enjoy Bridal and Formal and think they are wonderful. If you are not, you may not even be given a second glance. Thanks to Wendy's Bridal, though, I had and absolutely fantastic day...and got a lovely dress!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Bridgette B

While they do have a wide selection, I will say this store doesn't have too many plus size options for bigger women to try on, which is fine. I don't expect every store to have every size. However, the woman helping me was not listening to what I wanted and kept putting me in... Read More dresses I told her I didn't like. Now my best friend found her dress here so I'm sure would recommend this store but I however would not. Though, this may have more to do with my consultant versus hers. I guess just be careful when your in there to not let them railroad the appointment because that's what they did with me and I left empty handed and just happy to have the appointment over with.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jessica S

My bridesmaids got their dresses here. Good service, beautiful dresses! They shipped the dresses to out-of-towners too to make things easier.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Erin W

I went into dress buying thinking I would just be looking around and getting an idea of what style I liked, but the attention to detail and care my stylist took to finding me dresses helped me fall completely in love with my wedding dress! Megan Autry was my consultant and she... Read More totally listened to my vision, giving me options that varied along with what I wanted. She also did a great job of keeping everything within my price range. I went on a weekday so had the whole store practically to myself and she took her time to really help find me the dress of my dreams. She directed the appointment well and made me feel absolutely beautiful. I would recommend this place to anyone! Thanks bridal and formal!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Susan H

Bridal and Formal had a great selection of bridesmaids dresses, with great designers like Mori Lee. The experience in the store with three of my bridesmaids was great! Good customer service. However, the customer service took a turn for the worse after that. My bridesmaids each... Read More were to call in with their measurements and then B&F would recommend a dress size for them based on those measurements. The dresses ran very small, so if you were normally a size 2, you'd order a size 10 and have it altered down. Some of my friends were normally a size 8 or 10 and they were told to order like size 25's, no joke. When they opted for a smaller size, the woman on the phone had an attitude and said they were going against their recommendations. The amount of time it took for the dresses to come in was ridiculous. I had my last bridesmaid place her order mid-November, and they said in about 4 months they would be ready. That would be mid-March. I called mid-March, and they said another 2-3 weeks. That rolled by, I called again. Once again, another 2-3 weeks. We were getting into April and alterations needed to happen asap during busy season in order to have these ready for my wedding. My maid of honor even called about the status and the girl rudely told her that only the bride could call. When I, the bride, went to pick up my bridesmaids dresses to do a quality check on them, the girl at the desk clearly just didn't want to be there. I was all excited to see the dresses, yet I felt like I was in trouble? Odd. I even made a point of typing out all the bridesmaids' names and addresses to ship the dresses to save her some work and she didn't seem thankful for that. Overall not impressed. Bridesmaids dresses took about as long, if not longer to come in than my actual Bridal gown. Customer service could be improved.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Emily W

I would like to start off with saying my consultant Iris was PERFECT! She let my mom and I pull 5 dresses and once I went through those she went and pulled dresses based on what I liked and disliked about each dress. It was my first time looking at dresses and she helped me find... Read More one on my first try! Later that day she also helped my friend who's getting married a month before me find her dress! She was so helpful with my friend who had absolutely no idea what she wanted. Iris was so patient and so helpful. I could not recommend her enough! She was so helpful and everyone there is so nice!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Kate J

Terrible!! Unfortunately I have to give one star when they deserve none. They will not help you if something goes wrong. If I could give 0 stars I WOULD! Honestly I went a few months ago while this trunk show was going on, I finally found the bridesmaid dress that I loved and... Read More just had to try it on (it was on the mannequin) it was a size 4 and that was the only day it would be there. It fit almost perfect but was a bit snug in the bust, I was completely fine with it (holds everything where it needs to since I wouldn't be wearing a bra). We left and a few weeks later came back to get measurements and order the dresses. The girl measured me and because of how big my chest is originally bumped me up to an 8.. yes an 8, I told her absolutely not I love the 4 and then decided to bump me down to a six and said I will only have make SLIGHT alterations (LIE)!!! Months later (end of may 2017) I finally got my dress, I tried it on and my lord... it is huge! A complete dress size to big and at LEAST 2 sizes to big in the chest! So today June 1st 2017 I take my dress into the store and said we have a big problem, low an behold they did NOTHING FOR ME! They would not order me a new dress and would not pay for the 100+ dollars I need for alterations because they couldn't do their job right oh and I'm talking to the manager by the way. She told me the 4 I tried on at the trunk show was probably altered to fit one of the "models".. I said okay and.. like I said the sample FIT me so why the hell would they think a six would work for me. If it would have been the 4 I could have only altered a small amount now I have to alter a whole dress size down. Anyways all around TERRIBLE experience at this point. My mother who was with me left a very not so nice message to the owners voicemail. Absolutely do not EVER recommend this place.