San Diego’s Bridal Choice Since 1941

Welcome to BRIDAL & VEIL! We have the largest designer showroom in San Diego with over 2,000 dresses on the floor from top name designers. Our full service salon caters to the bride, mother of the bride, bridesmaids, flower girls and Tuxedos. Come in today and experience the elegance that is Bridal & Veil or call an make an appointment.

1233 Camino del Rio South, San Diego, CA (619) 295-0820

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nicole M

I came in thinking I knew what I wanted - I couldn't have been more wrong! LOL! I was paired with Reva as my consultant and right away she took the reins and made me feel like I was in good hands. I explained what kind of wedding I am having and what I like/don't like in a dress... Read More and Reva went to work! She pulled several dresses and amazingly, the very first dress she pulled is the one I bought! I tried on several to be sure and one thing I really liked was that Reva was honest and told me what she thought about each dress. I was also really impressed by Reva and the owner because they never pressured me into going above my set price point and they were even able to get me a dress for less than I had hoped to spend! I had a really nice experience with Bridal and Veil and would highly recommend them to any bride who is looking for a dress! Thank you Bridal & Veil - You were all great!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jamie D

Barbra and the rest of the staff was extremely welcoming , flexible and understanding. I am an out of state bride and they worked with my mother and i to make sure i had eve thing i needed to get my dream dress by my wedding day. Barbra was able to alter my gown within a few... Read More days after my final fitting. I had my final fitting on Monday, and was getting married on Friday. I was able to pick it up on Wednesday and it fit like a glove. i could not have been happier with my gown and the service we received.

Extremely Happy! Sophia is the Best!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Lisa J

How I heard about Bridal & Veil was through two separate accountancies who raved about the terrific prices, selection, and excellent customer service. I made an appointment here and at another bridal shop that day who had more of the "experience" of dress shopping (champagne,... Read More etc). I had a clear vision as to what style I wanted. I felt heard by my saleswoman and she also respectively steered me away from a style tried on but was definitely not working in my favor ;) Literally, the first dress I tried on was the one I ended up buying! I tried about 15 more in B&V and went to the other "experiential" shop which ended up being way too pricey and not as special as the first dress I tried on. My seamstress, Sophia, deserves 10 starts just by herself! She was so thorough and meticulous! My dress was all lace and with a silk lining that didn't cover my back, so the entire back of my dress was just lace with buttons down the length. The dress in my size was meant for a woman who is 5'7" and I am 5'4", so the length of fabric she had to make work was extensive. We did 5 fittings in total and she was so kind throughout the whole process! The dress was absolute perfection and I truly felt so gorgeous on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Zhelan T

BUYERS BEWARE!! PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PURCHASING. MY BRIDAL DRESS CAME WEEKS LATE & ENDS UP BEING THE WRONG DRESS!! 2 WEEKS BEFORE WEDDING!!! I purchased my wedding dress on 2/11/17, I had signed up for my appointment online. I paid in full because they said they would give... Read More me $100 off. I had confirmed with Cynthia the sales lady and Sal(Owner/manager) when the dress would arrive and they BOTH reassured me that it would be at their store by the end of April or the latest would be the first week of May. I let them know that my wedding day was on July 1st, 2017 and I was worried and that’s why I wanted to verify the date of arrival. Sal reassured me that he has never missed a brides wedding and he has been in business for over 35 years. I called and checked in about scheduling my appointment for alterations on the first week of May and they didn’t even know what I was talking about. My dress had not arrived and they couldn’t tell me what was going on. Sal called me back and told me my dress was coming from overseas and it would arrive in Mid-June??. I was in shock at that point and couldn’t believe this was happening. I checked on weekly basis after my dress didn’t arrive on the first week of May as promised and Sal told me I shouldn’t stress and I won’t look pretty for my wedding and not to worry about it. Finally- 2 weeks before my wedding, I received a call and was told my dress had arrived and my dress fitting was scheduled on 6/17. I arrive and receive the WRONG DRESS!! I purchased a trumpet/mermaid style wedding dress in off white/ivory, but I received a ball gown 2 sizes smaller in white. They blamed the manufacturer and I was told this has happened many times before with this manufacturer. I was told my dress and the dress delivered had the same ID/model number. How is that possible? They are totally different dresses and why the dress 2 sizes is smaller and a different color. Sal would not deal with me and I was told he was “out of town”. He was speaking to the sales girl Reva and using her as a mediator. He was trying to convince me to take the ball gown dress, after refusing they would not confirm a delivery date and wanted me to wait till Monday so they can speak to manufacturer. After not budging he finally showed up after returning from “out of town”. I didn’t want the ball gown (wrong dress 2 sizes smaller!!) and my only option was the floor sample. Reva had told me that they would do free alterations and would fix the beading on the dress. Sal wanted me to pay FULL PRICE for the floor sample because he told me the dress doesn’t depreciate just because its on the floor and people try it on. He was very rude to my family and friends and had no remorse. I was in shock when all of this was happening because the last thing I was worried about was my wedding dress. After going back and forth and having him threaten to give me my money back less than 2 weeks before my wedding and have me purchase a dress else where he finally agreed to give me $200 off but would give me the check when I came to pick up my dress. Very unprofessional business owner and just thinking about this ordeal is making me sick all over again but I didn’t want to keep this to myself because thinking about another bride going through what I did would make me feel even worse. Horrible place, please use caution and make sure to get everything in writing if you plan on purchasing a wedding dress because they will not honor their word.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Amy M

You know how you hunt around for wedding dresses online, and can't find anything in person you like? Well, Bridal and Veil came to the rescue for me. I couldn't find anything in budget that was "me." My sales associate was a bit rash, but man, did she know her dresses. She... Read More found a dress that was SO perfectly me, which I would have never seen or found without her. They were great through the alterations process. The only side which was a bit frustrating was I wish they would be a bit more proactive about letting you know when your dress would arrive. I had to call them a few times to check in on my dress/see if it was there.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Gina B

I had a great experience at Bridal & Veil. I went there for my first wedding dress shopping trip and was paired with Jeanette. She was helpful and suggested a dress that I liked. I tried some other bridal salons before returning to Bridal & Veil, when I was paired with Reva. I... Read More found the dress after I saw it on someone else at the salon. Great consultants! They only recommendation would be to have the front staff be more welcoming. There was some pressure as I was leaving from the seamstress to add on costs as well. Overall great though!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Lisa K

I went to several bridal boutiques around San Diego, all of which were nice enough but didnt have what I was looking for. My mom and I were on our way back from one such place and drove past the Bridal & Veil outlet in Alvarado Canyon and we decided to stop on a whim. Both women... Read More working at the time, whose names escape me, were very nice and tried to find the style of dress I was wanted. One of the women also worked at the Bridal & Veil on Camino Del Rio and knew the inventory, she actually pulled up several dresses online, one in particular caught my eye. She called over to the store and asked them to pull it for me and was able to set me up with a consultant, Reva, right away even though I didnt have an appointment. Reva was amazing, she is so friendly and knows what she is doing. She listened to everything I wanted, asked the right questions and pulled some really beautiful dresses and my mom got a showing room all to herself! I ended up with a completely different dress than what I was looking for. Right when I walked into the boutique there was a dress hanging up away from all the other dresses, it was just sitting there, like it was waiting for me. Its perfect and beautiful and Reva knew the moment that I put it on from the look on my face that this was it. I tried on a couple more dresses just in case but nothing could compare. My experience there was fantastic and the staff was great, especially Reva!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Emerald T

I would recommend Bridal & Veil to ANYONE. Myself and a friend of mine picked out our wedding dress there. The entire staff is amazing.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Stacey E

I was really dreading the part where I had to "the dress" for fear I just wouldn't feel the way it's hyped to be for your wedding dress. 5 dresses in, and I was brought to tears with my dress. They listened to what I was looking for and were spot on! I had minor alterations and... Read More the price was unmatched. THANK YOU so much for your help to make my wedding day so special. I was a fairytale and I felt like a queen in my lace dress!

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 Robin S

Bridal and Veil made my wedding dress dreams come true! Not only did they have the perfect dress for me, but also the most Lovely staff. Sal and his team know how to meet a brides needs. They are accommodating and will do what it takes to make you happy. THANK YOU Bridal and... Read More Veil, I will cherish my wedding gown forever!

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Laura K

I ordered my dress back in May and I trusted my dress consultant and did not question my measurements and the size they ordered. I signed the piece of paper that my measurements were correct and I didn't think about it again until I went into my first fitting in October. When I... Read More put it on, I couldn't walk or sit in the dress. I mentioned to the sales consultant that I believe I was measured incorrectly to begin with, but she said she's been doing this for 8 years and she did not believe me. I also mentioned that I participate in a fitness program that took my measurements one month before the fitting and my hips were not what they measured, but they still insisted they did not make a mistake. The consultant said I was trying to turn things around on her and that she didn't make a mistake. Bridal and Veil will not acknowledge that they have done anything wrong and they told me I'm the problem. They said we are all adults and that I was unfairly blaming them because I just don't like the dress anymore. In the spirit of being an adult, I would like to offer this advice for all brides to be: (1) know and document your measurements before you enter the shop, do not sign the receipt unless you are 100% sure those are your measurements. (2) The dress shop will most likely not have your exact size and you will need to be clipped in. Take pictures of how you look in the dress from all sides for documentation, including how they have clipped you into the dress. (3) Make sure to ask how the dress will fit you (i.e. - will the dress be tight, have other brides liked the dress, have other brides had fit issues with the dress) (4) Never pay for the dress in full when you buy it. This was my biggest mistake. I was offered the option of paying for half or paying the full amount and I choose to pay in full. When I tried it on the first time and it didn't fit, I was so scared and panicked that I then agreed to pay for additional alterations. I should have stopped immediately and discussed all my options (exchanging the dress for another, etc). They did not offer me any other suggestions other than alterations. (5) Have someone with you at the fitting. I didn't have anyone with me for the first fitting and I was very emotional and upset because it didn't fit. I did not ask about all of my options and went with the only option being offered to me - alterations at their shop. I should have left and thought about it for a few days and made a decision when I was less emotional. Best of Luck to all the Brides to Be! I hope my experience and advice will help you make the best decision in the future.

2015-11-30T16:34:19 Response from the vendor

Hi Laura, IT IS NOT TRUE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. FACTS ARE :Your measurement changed to a larger size from when you order the dress and when you came to try the dress on in the end of october and there for we had to... Read Less Read More

Loved my dress

Reviewed on 12/18/2014 Taunya H

My dress ended up being exactly the opposite of what I thought I wanted but when I tried it on I fell in love. Ksenia was wonderful to work with.

Vendor Review

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Nicole G

I had my wedding dress (for 10/11/14) altered at Bridal and Veil in San Diego after purchasing it in Boston. The seamstress did a great job adding 5 buttons and loops for my big, ruffly bustle, adding cups to the bust, and putting in a couple small stitches on the bust for it to... Read More lay flat instead of sticking out. (It wasn’t too much bigger to take in from the side seams.) I tried it on with the seamstress a few weeks before the big day and then picked it up the week before. It fit great and I got so many compliments. Advice: Take someone with you to learn how to do the bustle. It’s pretty easy but it helps if another person can see it in action.

Exceeded My Expectations

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Alyssa B

I have to be honest my expectations were pretty low. I had read other reviews online that ripped this place to shreds. But my experience was great. I was looking for a very specific dress so I called, asked if they had it, they gave me the price over the phone, I came in, tried... Read More it on and bought it. And because I did it that same day, they threw in the veil for free! My stylist was so nice, very helpful, not pushy, and let me take photos of my dress, which according to other reviews (and the sign on the mirror) I was not allowed to do. When we placed the order, my dress came in within the time frame they gave me, in the correct size, and it was perfect. I ordered my veil the day I picked up my dress which also came in within the time frame they promised and was perfect. I will say I did not have my alterations done there and if I had to critique them, I would say that I probably could have ordered the dress a size smaller which definitely would have saved me on the alterations. It also was not the quintessential bridal experience that most brides want and I was okay with that because I wasn't expecting it, but a congratulatory glass of champagne would have made this a 5 out of 5 for me.

Great Service, Satisfactory Quality

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 Dawn P

I purchased my Aire Barcelona wedding dress from Bridal & Veil. The staff is very accommodating and helped me find my dream dress. The only problem was the quality of the dress itself -- I had to do some additional alterations due to bunching from poor stitching and add another... Read More layer part of the dress was a bit see-through. I recommend the store for the vast selection and quality service, but would advise you to be careful when going to your final fitting to avoid having to redo alterations.

First wedding dress fitting

Reviewed on 1/14/2014 Camelia M

I came here with my maid of honor and it was my first time shopping for a wedding dress. I had no idea what I wanted! Consultant, Ksenia, helped me out and was AMAZING! I had a very pleasant and educational experience! She worked with me and my taste and had great suggestions... Read More and was not pushy! I loved this place and plan on purchasing from here! Highly highly recommend to all!

Great selection!

Reviewed on 12/29/2013 Cathryn Z

I could not have been happier with the dress I got here. I didn't have high hopes when I walked in to the store, but I tried on about 15 dresses and picked the third one. I cancelled all my other appointments because it was perfect. My only complaint is they ordered my dress... Read More too short. The seamstress was lovely though and they worked with me and steamed it for free. In the end it turned out beautiful.

So many dresses...lacking in service

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Dani M

My initial experience with Bridal and Veil was good. I stopped in one day without an appointment, since I was in the area and had seen all the good reviews. When I asked if I could try on some dresses even though I didn't have an appointment, the consultant was very... Read More accommodating, even letting me log on to their computer to show her my dress "wishlist." I tried on two dresses that day, but didn't want to hold her up as the store was only about 15 min from closing. So I made another appointment (in the middle of the day as not to be rushed) to come back and see what else they had to offer. This is when things started to go down hill. The consultant was hurried and a little pushy. She gave me about 2 minutes to look through their HUNDREDS of dresses, grabbed two (one of which I had tried on my previous visit) and asked if I was ready. I asked to keep looking for a minute, and to try a few different styles to see what suited my body type. She grabbed one more dress, informed me that most of the styles I was looking at would be discontinued by the time I get married, and into the fitting room we went. The dresses I tried were beautiful, and the pricing was great, but I am not the kind of bride ready to make a decision after three dresses. I asked if she had other dresses she might recommend - even just similar styles with different details. She said that was it. ....really? Out of all those dresses in the shop she had NOTHING else to show me? She took me back into the fitting room, and after three dresses I was back in my street clothes. I looked around a little more after that, but the dresses are pretty disorganized (at least to my untrained eye), and the racks are so crammed it is difficult to really see what is there. When I did have some questions, I found that my consultant had moved on to some other customers. Bottom line: If you have a specific dress in mind - the pricing is decent. But if you go in expecting great service or advice you will be disappointed.

Happy bride

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Jenny P

Cynthia was amazing!!! Best consultant ever! She understood my vision and made it happen!!!! I would recommend this place to anyone!

Best seamstress in town!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Audi d

I used them for alterations and absolutely loved. My friend also purchased her gown from there and they are really awesome. Super helpful staff and a great selection!

Friendly and Accommodating

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Amanda D

Bridal and Veil was the first place that I looked when I started dress shopping in January. Ksenia was my consultant and did such an amazing job picking out dresses. Also they had a wide variety of price ranges and dresses so you didn't feel limited in what you were looking at.... Read More And even ended up pulling the dress that I ended up getting. She was so accomadating. The policy was no pictures but she allowed us to skype with my family that was in Connecticut so that they could seeing me trying on dresses. I put my dress on hold to think about it while I was on vacation. They never pressured me about buying the dress. When I came back with different girlfriends she let us try on spend time trying on some of the other dresses even when she knew that I was going to be purchasing my current dress. I came back again in April when my parents were in town visiting to try on the sample. They just really try and make the most of the wedding dress buying experience. I can't wait to wear my dress next month! I love it!

Beautiful Dress, Difficult Process

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Nicole V

I went to Bridal and Veil because they carried a designer I really liked (Luna Novias). I was thrilled to find a dress after trying on a lot at David's Bridal without being absolutely excited with anything. I am about 5 feet tall and 100 pounds so all the dresses I try on have... Read More to be pinned in the back. At Bridal and Veil I tried on a Luna Novias dress and fell in love with it! Only problem was it was a size 12 but the style was from 2 years ago so they gave me a discount. The saleslady (Cynthia) assured me that the seamstress there could take it in to my size and she gave me a price quote. I felt a little deceived because the way it looked pinned was different than the way it looked after it was altered. Also keep in mind this was 3 alterations later! The price I paid in alterations was higher than what she quoted me but it was too late, there are no returns/exchanges after you buy. I felt the price I paid in alterations was the same as a new dress! When I tried it on the first time I liked the way Cynthia bustled it, but when I had my first alteration she didn't explain to me that there are many ways to alter a dress and she didn't tell the seamstress the way I liked the bustle. When I picked it up after the first alteration the bustle looked terrible! It didn't fit the style of the dress at all. Luckily I had a picture of how it was before and Cythnia and the seamstress talked/argued about it and finally the seamstress gave in to do it the way I wanted it (she didn't agree with it). It was a stressful process and I am thankful I started my alterations a couple months in advance since it took 3 alterations to get it the way I wanted it. In the end I loved my dress but I went through a lot of stress/worry to get it that way. I feel that they aren't very honest and they should know that this is most brides first time doing this and obviously they didn't provide the necessary assistance (for example the issue I had with the bustle) . Unless you are set on a certain designer (they carry a lot of designers), I would go with another wedding dress store. The only reason I gave it 3 stars was because I did love my dress in the end.

Unconventional, but hopeful

Reviewed on 1/19/2013 Alysa P

Thousands of dresses to choose from, but you have to go through them yourself. However, they have a friendly staff who are willing to help. Unfortunately, the store did not have the dress I ordered 4 months prior until a week before the wedding, which was the first time I could... Read More have a fitting. Also, at the fitting they told me that they lost the veil I purchased with the dress and would have to find a new veil. It was stressful to have to go through veils all over again a week before the wedding, but my dress ended up being beautiful. Stressful process at the end, but this is a good choice if you have the time to constantly monitor them.

Not too pleased

Reviewed on 12/13/2012 Eliana M

Although they have a great selection of dresses, they are very 'business' oriented. It was unbelievable how they are not very organized and do not have a very solid communication between employees/owner. Expect to pay an extra $400 at least on alterations and $75-$85 on... Read More steaming the dress. They will not do a courtesy steaming on ANY dress...regardless of the price! Barbara, in the alterations department was horrible at doing the alterations for my dress. She did not do certain things to it which resulted in having to go for 4 fittings!...all of this 3 days before my wedding. I cannot give this place a higher rating because it was just not helpful and did not provide good customer service.

Horrible

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Caitlin L

Worst wedding dress shop ever. Do not go there. The service is absolutely horrible. Every time I showed up for an appointment they didn't know who I was!