Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Fashion

912 S. Old Woodward Ave, Birmingham, MI

Reviewed on 8/04/2016

I am so happy that I chose to purchase my dress at Bridal Couture! Starting with my first appointment trying on dresses up to the day that I brought my dress home, I truly had a wonderful experience with them. The employees went above and beyond to make sure I was happy and that... Read More everything ran smoothly from start to finish. They have a large selection of high quality dresses that work with brides' different tastes, body types and budgets. They offer in store alterations and the seamstresses made certain that I was completely satisfied with the way my dress fit. I really appreciate how they made the whole process completely stress free. My bridesmaids were also able to purchase their dresses here, and we loved their large selection for them as well! I would definitely recommend Bridal Couture to any of my newly engaged friends, I know you'll love your experience just as much as I did!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Cate H

When searching for a non-traditional wedding dress, that has a splash of color and all of the elegance of a traditional gown, I cannot suggest Bridal Couture of Birmingham enough. I had searched high and low, for something that was as unique as the experience of getting married.... Read More Something everyone would remember, not just my husband. I didn't expect to find such an amazing, one of a kind dress at this location, but I did. And of all of the bridal shops in the area, this was the first I wasn't just going to have to 'settle' with. Everyone at this location, from the owner, to the seamstresses, was wonderful to work with. The dress itself was incredibly affordable, and the alterations were reasonable to boot. I found it wonderfully fulfilling discussing dress alterations with the seamstresses, and taking in their feedback and suggestions on other attire to pair with the dress. Being the experts they are, they helped me pull off my best look for my wedding, and provided me with a dress to remember! I couldn't be more proud & grateful of the final product, and the effect it had on my wedding guests. I'll forever have the best memories and photographs of how it surprised my husband, and how it made my day as perfect as could be. Go to Bridal Couture with an open mind, and prepare to have your mind blown, as your perfect day will have gotten even better! Thanks so much Amy + Michelle!

Reviewed on 4/29/2016

I cannot say enough positive things about Bridal Couture! I purchased my dress from their Birmingham store and fell in love with it immediately. The staff were very gracious and helpful, still indulged me while I tried on a few other dresses, then the one I picked again - to... Read More make sure it really was THE dress. My appointment was in the middle of the day during the week, so it was quiet in the store and both of the staff members there were able to give their thoughts and really help guide me. I'm far from a size 2, but was pleasantly surprised when I found a size 14 on the rack. This gave me a great idea of how it would look on and then alterations that would be needed. I walked away with a huge smile on my face after such a happy experience finding THE dress! Speaking of alterations...WOW. Their alterations girl (Michelle) is AMAZING. I had a few concerns with buckling around the straps and she came up with some suggestions that fixed exactly what I was worried about so I wouldn't be self conscious on our big day. She also came up with some creative ideas for how I could incorporate my "something old" into the dress and it worked perfect. I live out of town so she worked quickly and was able to get the alterations done (and done well) in two fittings so when I left after the second fitting, I knew my dress was going to fit perfectly on our wedding day. I was a lucky bride and got to wear my dress twice - once to our actual ceremony and then again to a reception in my home town. EVERY SINGLE PERSON commented on how perfect the dress was and how amazing it looked on me. I know, I was the bride, but I think they were right!! It was an absolutely gorgeous dress, purchased in a fabulous store with friendly and helpful people. I would not hesitate to recommend this store to anyone - in town or out of town!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Leanne D

We had a wonderful experience at Bridal Couture. We were treated so kindly and we felt so very welcome here. Everyone who assisted us, including the owner of the store, were so very personable, helpful, and a joy to be around; however, they did not rush us or pressure us to... Read More make a purchase. The dresses were all so beautiful and so unique. Ultimately, we said "yes!" to the dress of my daughter's dreams here!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Christina S

I had a wonderful experience purchasing my wedding gown from Bridal Couture. I had made appointments at a few different stores, and Bridal Couture was by far the most enjoyable experience I had trying on gowns. Once I said "yes to the dress," I especially appreciated how easy it... Read More was to schedule fittings as an out of town bride.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Natasha D

Fantastic service. They always made me feel like a princess at each fitting. They did an amazing job on my dress and the ladies felt like family by the time my wedding came along

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Charlotte P

I moved to Michigan from NYC and was scrambling to find somewhere to alter my dress (since I bought it in NYC). Bridal Couture agreed to take me on even though I did not buy the dress there and was beyond gracious through out the entire process. They even tried to help me... Read More negotiate some unfair alteration fees I had already paid in NYC. Mary, who altered my dress, had a very tough job since my dress had so much beading and I am so petite so it basically didn't fit me at all to begin with. However, she got everything ABSOLUTELY perfect! Would HIGHLY recommend Bridal Couture - IMPECCABLE service & they do a terrific job! They go above and beyond for you - truly!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Lauren A

The staff is amazing and helped me find the perfect dress it was a great experience!!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

So great, finally somewhere where I was shown the most perfect dresses and made to feel so welcome. Such a great selection of dresses, wonderful staff and fantastic fitting service, thank you!! I LOVED both my dress and my beautiful veil

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Anna L

I actually found my dress at another bridal gown store but the service was horrible. I called the Bridal Couture to see if they had the dress I found, they didn't but they told me they could order it. From the moment I stepped foot into the store, I was treated with great... Read More customer service! I ordered all my bridesmaid dresses from them too. Great people work here and I truly am grateful for all their help and advice.

Reviewed on 5/01/2016

I have been shopping at 4 other bridal stores. This is the first one that has treated me so special and was so Patient with me. I was getting so confused going to so many stores. The woman that helped me choose my gown took the time to go over what I liked. I found my beautiful... Read More gown. So thankful for bridal couture. It was the BEST!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Meredith B

I agree with the other reviews that discussed the cold, judgmental staff. The staff member who helped me made me feel stupid and rushed. It's difficult having multiple dresses and trying to remember which are available to order, in what colors, etc. And the staff member made me... Read More legitimately feel stupid with her cold harsh comments like "I already told you ....(this dress doesn't come in ivory)" or something along those lines. Immediately upon walking in, I did not feel welcomed. I felt out of place. Do not waste your time.

Reviewed on 4/29/2016 Jodie E

If I could have given zero stars I would have. This was an absolutely terrible experience. From the start walking in the sales associates were cold and judgmental. The sales associate that was working with me for my appointment was one of the rudest people I have ever met. She... Read More made several comments about my weight saying that I was too large for most of their dresses. Mind you im 5'3 and 150 pounds. Yes I realize Im not a size 0 but I was insulted. Even if that is the case, you DO NOT comment on a woman's weight. And when i tried on dresses, they fit. What a weird concept. She asked me about my budget. I told her I would like to stay around $5000. She scoffed when I told her my budget (Even though several of their dresses were under this price point.) My mom was talking to me about my wedding and the sales associate demanded my mother quit talking to me because I wasn't "focused" like I had to be. The whole time I was at my appointment, the sales associate made me feel like i was an inconvenience to her day. She made me feel like I was no where near good enough to step foot in that shop. Even if I would have liked a dress there I would have never given them my business. If you are looking to feel beautiful and have a positive experience, take your business literally anywhere else. I am extremely disappointed and will be passing my experience along with several others I know looking for wedding gowns.

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Alecia Z

I would give them more than a 5 star rating, but the website won't allow it. The whole experience start to finish was painless. Mary was super helpful and offered me suggestions on how to make my dream dress come to life since I had no vision or idea of what I wanted. My mom was... Read More also running an hour or two late since her flight in had been delayed and they told me to sit back and relax until she got there (even though they were busy). I couldn't have been happier! I highly recommend this place to any bride looking for a beautiful, one of a kind dress you won't find anywhere else!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Robyn F

Horrible experience is the only way to describe my experience at Bridal Couture of Birmingham. While Bridal Couture does have a good selection of dresses, their staff was rude, condescending, abrasive, pushy, and bossy. The sales associate had the audacity to lecture me on... Read More having gone to too many salons in what I can only assume was an attempt to pressure me to buy one of their dresses which I was not prepared to. Throughout my e experience I felt like a child being scolded rather than a bride to be selecting the perfect dress for such a special day. I actually found a dress here that I really loved but given how poorly I was treated I decided to go elsewhere and I am so glad I did.

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Amy M

Worst. Experience. Ever. And I didn't even try on dresses! My mom and I stopped as we were passing by to look at their selection. We had been to their novi store and heard they had more. We were greeted with crosses arms and judgmental faces. They didn't ask about myself or my... Read More wedding and basically told me a dress I was looking at wouldn't look good on me. It's a bummer that they really fit that Birmingham stereotype. It was clear they were counting my wallet- too bad they miss counted. They missed out on an, easily, $10,000 sale. In my opinion, I would never give that business my money when there are much better ones around.

Great Selection

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Jennifer S

They had a great selection of dresses and really tried to help you find something that suited you. The seamstresses seemed really dedicated to making your dress perfect.

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Kimberly B

I've had a few friends have good experiences here, but I did not. The woman who was "helping" me was very dry. This was the first place I went shopping at & had every intention of finding something (I'd looked up the designers, had print outs of what I liked, etc). When I got... Read More there, I asked the woman what she thought I would look best in. She responded, "You're tall and thin. Anything will look fine on you so it doesn't matter." It wasn't in a tone of voice that was complimentary - she sounded irritated that I asked. She told me to just go look throughout the aisles. It made me less excited about the dress shopping. My maid of honor lives in NYC & called here to ask if she could have some champagne or something for us as a surprise for me, but they told her no because they don't allow drinks. It's not a big deal, but at the next store we went to, I bought a dress, popped champagne, and had a really fun experience. This store has some beautiful dresses & I'm sure some helpful employees, but it certainly wasn't set up for an exciting or personable experience.

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 maureen l

they were wonderful. I found my dream dress, which turned out to be the exact opposite of what I was looking for. All of the women, from the owner to the sales professionals to the seamstresses, we're so helpful, warm and professional. My dress and veil were gorgeous and fit... Read More perfectly and my mother's dress was spectacular. The seamstress even made my mom a jacket for it. If I could do it all again, I would. I loved working with them. and looked forward to every visit. Thank you.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Gina V

Bridal Couture of Birmingham provided me with a wonderful experience as a bride. I went in with my family for the first appointment to try on dresses and they were so accommodating, friendly, and non-pushy. They gave honest opinions and stayed back when my family and I were... Read More talking. I bought my dress, headband, veil, belt and bra from them. Everything came in well within the time frame they gave me and came in correctly and without mistakes. They helped me order the right size so minimal alterations (for a wedding gown) were needed. The alterations department was amazing and accommodating. They allowed my mom to nitpick things and were always willing to provide suggestions. They even sowed and embroidered a piece of my mother's wedding gown on the inside of my gown. Overall, a wonderful and pleasant experience. Stress free which is much needed when planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Michelle P

I was in town visiting family after my engagement and made an appointment at Bridal Couture of Birmingham. I was lucky enough to have Sarah work with me on selecting my gown and providing input on what the best type of dress was for me. She was incredibly patient, knowledgable... Read More and calming as I tried on several different dresses and styles. Once we narrowed it down and were discussing with my family, Amy, the owner also provided her thoughts on the best dress for me and how I could style it with the PERFECT veil and jewelry. At the end of the day, we found the PERFECT dress, my moms were in tears and I cannot wait to wear it!! Thank you to everyone at Bridal Couture for your professionalism and caring while I found my dress!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Whitney R

I had the best experience at this store! They had a great variety of wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses! The staff was very professional and welcoming. My orders were timely. The entire experience was very smooth and I would highly recommend this bridal store!

Reviewed on 7/25/2015 Kaitlin M

EXCELLENT!! I loved this place and my gorgeous Lazaro gown. Amy, the owner, was a joy to work with as well as the other staff. I also picked my bridesmaid dresses from this location and they looked beautiful as well. Nothing but excellent things to say about this place.... Read More Highly highly recommend! :)

Great selection, but wish I'd bought somewhere else

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Katie A

Bridal Couture has a great selection, with gowns at a wide range of price points. Gorgeous gowns here. Unfortunately, once I fell in love, I wish I had purchased elsewhere. They fitted me in the waiting room of the salon in front of several other women. Usually I wouldn't... Read More mind, but when I asked about a different size the woman yanked up my shirt, and squeezed the tape measure tightly around my waist in order to "demonstrate" what the smaller size would feel like. They ended up suggesting a size 6. I (with hesitancy) ordered a size 4, and it was incredibly large on me. I had a great tailor, but if you order a couture dress to size, its unfortunate to have to take it down 2 sizes. The woman who sold me the dress also made a comment to another coworker about how we'd have to put some "really good cup inserts on this chick." Harsh. I love my gown and am grateful there's a Lazaro retailer near me, but this is not the place to purchase.

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Jenna F

I had my aunt pick my dress up the day before the wedding. I got a phone call from Bridal Couture to give verbal confirmation for her to pick it up- I was very pleased with this!! My sister got her dress from Bridal Couture, so it wasn't a question that I would do the same! We... Read More love the staff- they made us feel welcome (and beautiful) with every fitting. The dress was stunning and was part of making our day perfect!

Start a Conversation!