Bridal Couture of Birmingham

Birmingham, MI

Find Your Dream Gown at Bridal Couture

At Bridal Couture, we focus on offering a comfortable and relaxing environment for brides to find the dress of their dreams. From the elegant, boutique environment of our Plymouth store to our expansive selection in Birmingham, we dedicate ourselves to providing quality service to all of our brides.

Type

Alterations, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mothers Fashions, Shoes, Wedding Gowns

912 S. Old Woodward Ave, Birmingham, MI

Fabulous Staff and Beautiful Gowns

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Jennifer L

I was very happy with Bridal Couture of Birmingham. I tried my dress on out of state and they didn't have it in the store. I ordered over the phone to get their White Friday discount on Black Friday. The dress came and it was beautiful. They had a nice selection of veils. The alterations were perfect. I needed the neckline cut down, a belt sewn on, the bustle and the hem. All turned out wonderful. I live out of town and they were very accomodating to get me weekend fittings...They even opened up the store early for me. Bridesmaids received a discount on their Bill Levkoff gowns. I'm not sure if those were the best prices, but probably within $30 of other salons. The bridesmaids didn't need alterations but they steamed the dresses for free. Trust the alterations lady..we thought some of the girls needed different sizes but all were sized perfect according to what the salon recommended. You know how it is...a size 8 girl needs the size 12 BM dress. Just trust them! Overall, a very positive experience. Every person I met was helpful, warm and engaging. I kind of want to go back there just to check in with everyone and show them pictures of the wedding. It's THAT kind of place.

Fairy Godmother of Dresses

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Tene L

Bridal Couture helped me get the dress of my dreams, a St. Pucchi stunner for an amazing price during their sample sale. The store owner was flexible and they were very professional. Check them out. You never know what jewel you may find.

Lovely experience

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Elizabeth W

I was so pleased with every aspect of my experience with Bridal Couture of Plymouth. The staff, the store environment, the service and selection. The store is simple (in the best way possible!) and clean. Most importantly, it doesn't at all feel like a cattle call, like a lot of other bridal salons, with all the employees jumping on you like a piece of meat for commission. You very much get one-on-one treatment and they stay in touch very well throughout the process. I will gladly send anybody I know who is looking for a dress (bridal or bridesmaid) to Bridal Couture.

Great selection, but wish I'd bought somewhere else

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Katie A

Bridal Couture has a great selection, with gowns at a wide range of price points. Gorgeous gowns here. Unfortunately, once I fell in love, I wish I had purchased elsewhere. They fitted me in the waiting room of the salon in front of several other women. Usually I wouldn't mind, but when I asked about a different size the woman yanked up my shirt, and squeezed the tape measure tightly around my waist in order to "demonstrate" what the smaller size would feel like. They ended up suggesting a size 6. I (with hesitancy) ordered a size 4, and it was incredibly large on me. I had a great tailor, but if you order a couture dress to size, its unfortunate to have to take it down 2 sizes. The woman who sold me the dress also made a comment to another coworker about how we'd have to put some "really good cup inserts on this chick." Harsh. I love my gown and am grateful there's a Lazaro retailer near me, but this is not the place to purchase.

Trustworthy

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Jenna F

I had my aunt pick my dress up the day before the wedding. I got a phone call from Bridal Couture to give verbal confirmation for her to pick it up- I was very pleased with this!! My sister got her dress from Bridal Couture, so it wasn't a question that I would do the same! We love the staff- they made us feel welcome (and beautiful) with every fitting. The dress was stunning and was part of making our day perfect!

Beautiful Selections of Dresses

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Jillian B

Bought my Pronovias gown from this boutique. They were very nice and helpful. Little bit pricer than other places. Overall a good experience. Their alternations are good quality.

Found my perfect dress at Bridal Couture!

Reviewed on 4/10/2014 shelbi i

I went to a few other bridal stores and none of them came close to providing me with the amazing service I received from the whole staff at Bridal Couture. Everything was very calming and had a posh look to it. I feel like I tried on everything in the store and loved it all, but truly fell in love with my dress by Jim Helm Blush. The consultants and seamstresses worked with me to add special touches that really made my dress unique. I wish more than anything I could wear it over and over!! I would 100% recommend Bridal Couture. Thanks ladies!!

Don't believe all the good reviews

Reviewed on 2/09/2014 Banj V

To be fair, I did not have an appointment. I had travelled far (live 5 hours away) to be with my family and look at dresses. I looked at other boutiques earlier that day and was slowly making my way to end up at the Somerset mall for some retail therapy. Since we were in the area, I thought we'd check out a couple more places. I found Bridal Couture of Birmingham through the Knot, called three times, but no one ever answered. From what I could see the placed looked very nice, clean, and organized. As soon as I said I didn't have an appointment the red-headed lady looked me up and down, told me they were completely booked and asked me to come a different day. I understand they were busy and I should have scheduled an appointment ahead of time, but she should have spoken to me in a more professional manner. She proceeded to tell me I could come back next week (still looking at me up and down) even though I had told her I didn't live anywhere near the area. I did not feel that she was sincere, and I didn't appreciate the time I wasted when I could have gone somewhere else. If you want to spend your day with people who think they are better than you, then this place is perfect.

My very own princess dress...

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Danielle R

Everyone said I'd want to look like a princess...and my dress did not disappoint. My experience with this shop was awesome. The ladies were sweet and helpful...always knowledgeable and understanding. They did numerous fittings to make sure everything was perfect for me and my dress. I felt amazing and beautiful, and confident on my big day. They are a great shop, and you can't go wrong here. I bought the very first dress I tried on...I went and tried on others, and others stores, but I was in love with my first dress...

Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Vicky S

I had shopped at a few stores and decided to stop into this one. I was expecting things to be super expensive. I tried on a few things and the attendant, after some disappointment of not finding anything, said she had the perfect dress. it was not out for sale yet. She brought out a dress, I didn't like it on the hanger but she insisted I try it on. I loved it and it ended up being the perfect gown! they were so nice there too! I thought the dress would have been way out of budget but it was $300 below my budget!!!!

Got a Beautiful Dress, but terrible service!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Erin M

My consultant was very disengaged while I looked at dresses, seemed in a bad mood, she only perked up when it was obvious I loved a dress and would buy it. (My mom picked it.) The owner, who has a Scottish accent, is lovely and very nice. My opinion of this shop would be different if she were the only person I interacted with. But the consultant, who was also there when my dress came in, was such a terrible experience. I chose to take my dress elsewhere for alterations because of their strict policies and terrible service -- very glad I got my beautiful gown out of their hands as quickly as possible.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 Jessica R

I visited over 10 bridal shops before stepping foot into Bridal Couture of Plymouth. From the moment I walked in, I knew this place was special. Not only did i finally find the dress I was looking for, the people that work there are just amazing. They make you feel like the most important person in the world every time you go to the shop. I had to visit for quite a few alterations and whatnot and they were just super nice every time. They made the whole process easy. They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I cannot say enough nice things about this place, really. Don't waste your time shopping around, they have a nice variety of dresses and also do bridesmaids dresses at a discount if you order your dress from them. I would have saved myself a lot of frustration if I had heard about them sooner. I have no regrets about choosing my dress and bridesmaids dresses from Bridal Couture. I am glad I was able to give such nice people my business.

Such Great Service

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Bridget M

The ladies at Bridal Couture made me feel special on every single visit I made to their salon (it took 4 visits!) I was so grateful for their patience with me and we found the dress of my dreams!

Wedding dress

Reviewed on 8/18/2013 Jowan S

Thank you thank you thank you to all the ladies at Bridal Couture of Birmingham!! I received so many compliments on my wedding dress! I am so happy with the service provided by this vendor. From choosing my wedding gown, to helping me get a discount through the fashion designer even after the trunk show was over, to alterations and fittings-they helped make the process less stressful. Everyone is patient and attentive to your needs. Thanks for making my wedding day spectacular! -Jowan

Love my Lazaro Gown from Bridal Couture!

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Leslie G

Overall, I had a great experience with getting my dress at Bridal Couture of Birmingham. The consultants were always very helpful and took great care of me at every visit and alteration appointment. When I purchased my dress, I even got 10% off! The reason I only gave an overall score of 4 stars is because of two things: my bustle did not work on the night of my wedding (loops were too small for buttons) and when they steamed my dress after my final fitting, it actually ended up being just slightly too long on my wedding day and I had to be careful and "kick out" my dress so I wouldn't trip. These two issues, when looking at the big picture, really were not too big of a problem, just little hiccups that I just had to say, "Oh well!" to on the night of my wedding. :)

Bridal couture of Plymouth...amazing.

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 kristen j

I had a wonderful experience working with bridal couture of Plymouth. They were professional, loyal, honest and overall a pleasure. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to any future bride. Thank you bridal couture for making my experience so memorable!

Ask for Jacqueline

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Heather B

Great service and patience. Beautiful dresses. Organized. Seamstress did amazing work

Helpful staff

Reviewed on 7/03/2013 Amanda R

This store was my third and final spot to find my dress. They did not have a large selection in my budget, but I found what I wanted and it was gorgeous. They do their own tailoring-making the whole process a breeze. Staff were very helpful.

Dream dress

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Stephanie P

My dress was perfect! I had originally called Bridal Couture looking for a specific Jim Hjelm dress I had seen in a magazine. They didn't have it but the woman on the phone told me that they had an Eliza trunk show that weekend & that I would definitely love the dresses. She was right! I ended up with the third dress I tried on. I also had purchased a couple appliqu├ęs I wanted added on the dress. Their seamstress Basima( spelling?) was so sweet and talented! Her ideas and placement were perfect! It turned out gorgeous! The only thing that upset me a bit was that I was having a hard time getting in there to see my dress when it came in. I have a difficult work schedule & don't live close to the store. They called me a few times and when I was trying to set up a time to come in they seemed a bit irritated and pushy. However, every time I was in there for a fitting they were great!

Perfect!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2012 Danielle P

I bought my wedding dress at Bridal Couture of Plymouth and had the very best experience! Jacqueline is fantastic!! The staff there helped me totally transform my dress into what I had envisioned through numerous alterations. I had 5+ alterations appointments with tons of work to be done...plus, I was rather particular! Each appointment, I was amazed at how wonderful it turned out. They understood what I was asking for and made it all possible. I would recommend buying here over ANY other shop! Jacqueline and everyone at Bridal Couture of Plymouth were absolutely the best I could have asked for!

Best selection of dresses!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Naomi b

I searched many bridal salons before I found this store. This was the only store that I found multiple dresses that I liked. The seamstress was very patient and made my dress fit perfectly!

Beautiful Gowns

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Krystal B

I found an absolutely stunning Piccione wedding gown at Bridal Couture and fell in love with it immediately from the moment I tried it on. It was one of the first dresses I tried on, so I wanted to be sure it was "the one" and continued to look. Inevitabely, I was drawn back to the bridal shop to purchase it. I also found the perfect veil to go with it. I was extremely happy with the gown and veil I purchased at Bridal Couture. The service is fair, not exceptional but the dress was well worth it.

Fantastic Customer Service; Beautiful Dresses

Reviewed on 10/14/2012 Lyneah B

I went to the Plymouth location and found an affordable dress off the rack. I only had to try on about five dresses before I found the perfect one. The Manager at the Plymouth location, Jacqueline, is absolutely wonderful -- as are the other staff, Rebecca, Laura, and especially the seamstress Debbie! They really went above and beyond to make sure I looked and felt beautiful on my wedding day.

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Rachel M

I went to Bridal Couture of Plymouth to purchase my wedding gown and the customer service and experience I had with them is more than I can put into words! I worked with Jacqueline and if you get a chance to go in there make sure to ask for her. She made my whole experience of dressing shopping for making a decision to the final fitting so special! I could not have asked for a better person to work with than her!

Love the dress, unhappy with tailoring

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Jennifer B

They have a good selection of high quality, beautiful dresses and the service was good as well. However, I was not happy with the tailoring. My dress was a sheath silhouette; pretty basic. The bustle was broken before it was even bustled so it needed to be pinned. It didn't fit well in the bust area, even though I had her try and fix it...I didn't realize exactly it looked until I saw it in pictures. Finally, the strap going down the middle of my back did not snap in place well, so it ended up only being tucked in the back of my dress.

TO Bridal Couture of Birmingham