Wedding Jewelry, Fashion, Engagement Rings, Wedding Rings, Rings

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

26 O’Farrell Street, San Francisco, CA (415) 757-5768

Reviewed on 2/17/2018 Jacquelyn S

My experience with Brilliant Earth has been wonderful.  Specifically, working with Reyelisa at the La Jolla showroom in San Diego.  My fiancé proposed on 11/20/17 and scheduled a surprise appointment so I could pick out the engagement ring of my dreams.  I luckily had the... Read More pleasure of working with Reyelisa and couldn’t be happier.  She was genuinely happy for me and patiently walked me through the process of selecting my dream ring.  I have to admit that I am quite picky and because I had never tried on engagement rings before, I was pretty clueless as to what I wanted and what looked good on me.  I wasn’t able to decide on a ring during my first appointment and I never felt pressured or rushed to make my decision.  She encouraged me to take pictures and then emailed me all of my top choices.  3 appointments and many very responsive emails later, after great feedback, patience and guidance from Reyelisa, I selected and ordered my engagement ring and wedding band!  She walked us through financing/insurance and answered every detailed question we had.  She even remembered the small details I had mentioned previously about the wedding, our family, planning, etc.  I highly recommend Brilliant Earth because of their customer service and quality.

Reviewed on 2/14/2018 Alexis U

Beautiful, unique, quality rings and exceptional customer service. My wife worked with Brilliant Earth's custom design team to create the coolest engagement ring a boyish gal could dream of. Brilliant Earth was even able to source conflict free raw diamonds to give my ring a... Read More more artisan look instead of using traditional polished diamonds. We were so happy with the engagement ring we went back for matching wedding bands and couldn't be happier with them!! An added bonus is working with their customer service and design teams - they made the whole process so fun, relaxed, and easy(I loathe large purchases) by being attentive, patient, flexible and on at least one(maybe two) occasion, catering to our crazy.

Reviewed on 2/14/2018 Jaclyn T

The Chicago showroom is fabulous and in such a great area of the city. I can't say enough good things about the customer service I experienced and would refer this brand to anyone I know.

Reviewed on 2/13/2018

My partner, now fiance, got my ring from Brilliant Earth! I was so excited he took the time to find an ethical band for our engagement. The team in West Hollwood helped him with the whole process. I am happy to wear a ring that matches my values in life.

Reviewed on 2/13/2018

I've loved every piece I've received from Brilliant Earth! The yellow gold diamond jewelry is on trend -- and so sparkly. I can't wait for my next gift!

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 Sarah P

My husband just got me the most beautiful diamond earrings for our anniversary from Brilliant Earth! We have been customers since we designed my engagement ring and our wedding bands with them a few years ago. I get compliments on my rings (and new earrings!) all the time.... Read More Everyone we've worked with at the company has been super friendly and helpful each time we've been back. We've referred a few friends to them who have also had glowing feedback. I meant to write a review after our wedding but luckily my husband just gave me a good reminder to do it now!

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Christopher R

I bought an engagement ring from the Chicago showroom and had a wonderful experience. Emily helped me design a custom band, she was extremely patient with me, and made the process super easy. Brilliant Earth has so many setting and stone options - you will find exactly what you... Read More want. And my Fiance is absolutely obsessed with the ring!

Reviewed on 2/04/2018

The Denver team took really great care of my girlfriend and me when we came in this past month! We loved their selection of vintage engagement rings and could not be happier with the experience. We will definitely be purchasing from Brilliant Earth

Reviewed on 2/04/2018 Lauren A

Our experience with Brilliant Earth has been so nice. From the beginning of our ring search process, to visiting a showroom, and leading up to our purchase. Everyone has been so helpful, nice, and patient. We've been so grateful. I highly recommend Brilliant Earth. Also, they... Read More have lots of vintage and unique rings.!

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Frieda M

I'm married but never had an engagement ring. The hubs surprised me with a visit to Brilliant Earth for our 20th anniversary. They treated me like a queen! Wonderful service in the Denver showroom and the ring is drop-dead gorgeous. I can't stop staring at it. Worth the wait in... Read More every way. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 2/02/2018 Sharon D

I purchased my fiance's engagement ring and wedding band and a wedding band for myself from Brilliant Earth. I loved the hands-on experience. Our sales rep helped us every step of the way. We just got married in October and I'm already looking forward to looking for anniversary... Read More bands at BE!

Reviewed on 2/02/2018 Ryan M

I had a wonderful experience in the West Hollywood showroom. The sales rep helped me design a custom band for my proposal and made the process easy and fun. My now Fiance is obsessed with the ring and we can't wait to get married later this year!

Reviewed on 2/02/2018 Ann L

Every experience that I have had with Brilliant Earth has been exceptional. All employees from receptionist to sales associate to office manager has provided first rate professional service. And the quality and beauty of the jewelry I have from them is perfection. I cannot... Read More recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 2/02/2018 Mary C

I love the designs of the wedding bands. There are lots of stackable options, and getting to create in your preferred metal type is a plus as well. The customer service has been really exceptional. I was stressed with our wedding but they took care of us. I also got a surprise... Read More gift which turned out to pretty silver studs. Overall very happy.

Reviewed on 2/02/2018

I am so happy with my experience at Brilliant Earth! We picked out my diamond and engagement ring setting in their showroom. It was perfect, and we loved the relaxing and stress-free atmosphere, so different from other jewelers I went to! I have since ordered the matching... Read More wedding band, and couldn't be happier. I needed my wedding ring quickly, and they were really helpful in checking the status of it and making sure I would have it in time. Their customer service was great, and the jewelry is so beautiful and unique. I get so many compliments on my rings. It also is great that the jewelry is ethically sourced!

Reviewed on 1/30/2018 Meredith H

The prices are a little high - but I really wanted something ethical and recycled. The rings arrived on time and fit well based upon their free sizer (mailed earlier). We are still satisfied nearly half a year later.

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Jessica S

I don't even know where to start..... Every step of my process with Brilliant Earth has been painful. The sales process was disorganized and stressful. I live an hour and a half from the showroom and would have been better off not wasting my time driving down there. We had a... Read More pre appointment call so that they could "have options ready for me to see" but the stones and settings they "pulled" for my appointment were not the price point I specified, not the metal I specified and not the color I specified (gemstone) When my fiance called in to try to purchase the ring I had picked nobody could figure out who I was or what he was talking about. At one point (before he called them) the salesperson, me and him were all on the same email thread so I'm not sure how this could have been so difficult. When I got my ring I was so excited; it's absolutely beautiful but I was quickly disappointed when one of the pave diamonds fell out in less than 10 days of light wear. I was able to purchase the protection plan after the fact but each time a stone falls out I have to send it to them to be replaced (which they say is a two week turnaround time but it has already been 2 and half weeks and "soon" is the best they can give me as an estimate of when I can expect my ring back). At this point they have had my engagement ring longer than I have. I'm glad I at least learned early on; I will certainly not be buying our bands from them.

Reviewed on 1/13/2018 Denise S

My husband purchased my engagement ring from Brilliant Earth 1 and 1/2 years ago. Recently, I noticed one of the prongs was bent to the point where I was concerned the stone would fall out despite the fact that I am very careful with the ring and could recall no preceding... Read More incident to have caused this. We sent the ring to the "repair team" in CA to be told that they noted 2 additional prongs that were also bent (although not to the naked eye) and they recommended I replace the entire setting followed by quoting us "discounted" prices of roughly $200 to fix the prongs ($150 of which was mandatory polishing) or over $300 to change the entire setting (this is the discounted price!). When my husband asked if just the prongs could be fixed and skip the polishing to save money they said absolutely not. We spoke with multiple people in the "customer care" department over this (although never once an actual jeweler) and after reaching no conclusion we had the ring returned to us and went to a local reputable jeweler instead who examined the ring and noted just the single bent prong which they charged $25 to fix and polished for free. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone considering purchasing an engagement or wedding band. They not only wanted to overcharge us for fixing a ring that should never have had an issue to begin with but they refused to work with us at all and just kept repeating that "this happens sometimes" and it wasn't their fault nor was it mine regarding the prong. We even mentioned that when we first got the ring one of the 6 prongs looked very slightly asymmetric but chalked this up to aesthetics and so did not pursue it. When my husband asked if this could explain the bent prong, the original customer care team member said it was "possible" but later team members denied this claim. I am very disappointed that a company that claims to be ethically sourced does not treat their own customers in a morally ethical way. Poorly made ring, poor customer service and a major RIP OFF!

Reviewed on 1/07/2018

My husband proposed in 2014, and to date, the diamonds in my Willow ring (diamonds from both the engagement ring and from the matching wedding band) have fallen out four times. Three of these times we had to pay out of pocket to get them replaced and twice have we paid to get... Read More the ring reinforced and strengthened to prevent stones from falling out again in the future. I am an English teacher. I wear these rings to work (rings that we had soldered together to help make them stronger) and I take them off the moment I get home. Never have I been rough with it, yet, the stones repeatedly fall out. Brilliant Earth claims that they have warranty, but it doesn't cover general wear and tear, so they, with the exception of one time, expect that I continually pay to replace the diamonds that fall out. When I think about how much my husband spent on these rings, I want to cry. What a terrible investment. Three years into our marriage, we are considering getting an entirely different ring because these rings are not made to last. Terrible quality. Terrible customer service. Terrible value.

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Grace U

I loved our experience at Brilliant Earth! We visited MANY jewelry stores looking for an engagement ring and nothing was quite right (plus the workers were always pushy or annoying). My husband ended up choosing the engagement ring on his own from BE, and it is just gorgeous.... Read More (Unfortunately it was the wrong size, but it was resized in only half the time they predicted!) We met with Lane in the SF store to choose our wedding bands, and we found one for me that complimented beautifully without being too matchy. The price is worth the product: their selection is gorgeous and their mission is SO important. I experienced nothing but kindness and professionalism from their staff. Thank you for my rings!!

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Lynn L

AVOID THIS BRAND! I had my engagement ring for two months wearing with care, and one side stone was missing. I sent it back for evaluation and repair on 12/01. I called the customer service three times, trying to get a sense what are my repair options and what does the timeline... Read More look like. Every time I call, the representatives were not able to provide any useful information. The only option I was offered was to wait for somebody to get in touch with me. However, up until now, I still have not received any information regarding my ring. First of all, it is disappointing to spend money on an expensive piece of jewelry with such poor quality. Second, what makes this even more frustrating is to have a team of customer service that are so incompetent or having a customer service system that simply does not work. I do not think what I am requesting is that unreasonable. I simply need to know what my repair options are, and how long it will take you to have it repaired. I cannot come up with any explanations why these questions are so hard to answer. I do not need an exact date, but at least give me a rough estimation. In conclusion: do not buy engagement rings from this brand! Poor quality and the worst customer service ever!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Rachael J

We purchased my wedding band from Brilliant Earth, as my fiance had purchased my engagement ring there and had a wonderful experience. We visited both the San Francisco and Washington, D.C. showrooms to try on wedding bands and had excellent experiences at both - super fun and... Read More laid-back. After our appointment in Washington, we purchased my wedding band and the real-life version is even more stunning than we recalled! The packaging is elegant and gorgeous and the ring itself is a show-stopper - platinum and diamonds. Our representative Shayna went above and beyond following up with us and making sure everything was perfect. So excited and proud to wear my Brilliant Earth rings for the rest of my life!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Jessica M

Bought an obscenely expensive engagement ring, for the quality that arrived. It turns out their white gold is cut with SO much nickel, it flared up my nickel allergy to the point that it was unwearable. I tried to send it back and have it reset in a material that wouldn't break... Read More me out in a rash. They told me they would upgrade it to platinum, but "conveniently" neglected to tell me that this would be an extra $350 until I had already sent the ring to them. I posted a negative review of my experiences with the ring and their shoddy customer service, and was contacted by a higher up. I will never forget the abusive tone she used with me. Here's an inkling: "JUST TAKE IT DOWN. NOW." After months of trying to work on getting my engagement ring reset so that it would no longer physically harm me, it became apparent that the company would not work with me unless I signed an NDA. That's a non-disclosure agreement that included both never posting A WORD of my experience, positive or negative, and also never TELLING ANY FRIENDS OR FAMILY. I had them return the ring on principle. I'm getting it reset by a company I trust. I've never had such a traumatic experience with a company, and for lord's sake, it was over my engagement ring. From my experience, I can deduce three things about Brilliant Earth: 1. They have a terrible product 2. They know it 3. They continue to sell it and appear respectable by bullying customers who run into their batch inconsistency and terrible customer service into not discussing their experiences. If you have been wronged by Brilliant Earth, as I was, please have the courage to do as I did and refuse to sign an NDA. Please discuss your experience with as many people as possible, in as many mediums as possible. Do not let this awful company continue to thrive off abusing their customers. P.S. BE employees - I have a screenshot of your NDA, unsigned, and have told everyone I know about this experience. Please do not attempt to contact me. I will never take this review down, no matter what crap you offer me in exchange. I have more respect for myself than you have for anyone.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Nathalie W

TL; DR - Poorly made products; center stone has loosened 3x in 24 months - No integrity/fraudulent behavior: Wrote a negative review, was promised that they would remedy the situation if I took it down - once I removed it, they reneged their promise. - Abysmal customer... Read More service; smug, aloof, incompetent, and unethical. - Company does not stand behind products EVEN WITH their Protection Plan; If something goes really wrong, Good Luck! Several weeks ago, I was contacted by BE because I wrote a negative, but truthful review about the poor craftsmanship of their products . They asked me to remove the review in exchange for resolving my problem. As soon as I took down the review, they strung me along for weeks and eventually renegged everything that they had promised. Audrey Brooks from the Boston office has actually threatened not to fulfill their contractual obligations under the warranty if I re-post a negative review. Here is my honest review of Brilliant Earth: My husband was hesitant to purchase a ring from BE because there were a handful of negative reviews on Yelp questioning the craftsmanship of BE jewelry. However, he was assured by the sales rep that he had nothing to worry about and that BE’s practice was to always allow customers to renew the warranty plan (which expires every 3 years). I’ve worn my ring since June 2015. In the 26 months that I’ve owned my ring, my solitaire diamond has become loose 3x. I take very good care of my ring; I take it off whenever I exercise, sleep or shower. I even followed their protocol and have the ring examined every 6 months- but still, the ring continues to fall apart. Given my lackluster experience, I wrote a review on Yelp on 8/7/17 so that other people would realize how horrid it is to be stuck with a malfunctioning BE product and deal with their careless customer service team. I was soon approached by several employees from various offices around the country asking that I remove the review in exchange for promises to fix the situation. I removed the review in reliance on a number of promises made by BE. Cory Martin from the Denver office said that BE would at a minimum agree to renew the warranty plan in perpetuity. Ariel Sharpe from the DC office made the same promise, and also offered the option of exchanging my ring for a new diamond and setting on favorable terms (apparently there are frequent issues with the Petite Prong Setting that no one disclosed when the ring was purchased). Ariel and I selected 5 new stones, which she told me would be available for viewing at the SF office with Tim Sullivan. I left work early to go to the appointment with Tim only to learn that the stones weren’t there and the entire meeting was a sham to get me to remove my review. When I showed up, Tim told me that BE would not be making good on any of the promises it had made. No one had the courtesy to tell me they would not honor their promise and they felt that it was completely acceptable to waste my time. In short- stay as far away from this company as you can. BE has zero integrity as a company and they do not stand behind their products. Their customer services is inattentive, smug, aloof and incompetent. Looking at other reviews, it seems that they have a pattern of bribing customers to remove negative reviews.Do yourself a favor and learn from my negative experience, this is not a company that you should buy a “lifelong” product from.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Scott M