Wedding Jewelry, Fashion, Engagement Rings, Wedding Rings, Rings

26 O’Farrell Street, San Francisco, CA (415) 757-5768

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Jessica M

Bought an obscenely expensive engagement ring, for the quality that arrived. It turns out their white gold is cut with SO much nickel, it flared up my nickel allergy to the point that it was unwearable. I tried to send it back and have it reset in a material that wouldn't break... Read More me out in a rash. They told me they would upgrade it to platinum, but "conveniently" neglected to tell me that this would be an extra $350 until I had already sent the ring to them. I posted a negative review of my experiences with the ring and their shoddy customer service, and was contacted by a higher up. I will never forget the abusive tone she used with me. Here's an inkling: "JUST TAKE IT DOWN. NOW." After months of trying to work on getting my engagement ring reset so that it would no longer physically harm me, it became apparent that the company would not work with me unless I signed an NDA. That's a non-disclosure agreement that included both never posting A WORD of my experience, positive or negative, and also never TELLING ANY FRIENDS OR FAMILY. I had them return the ring on principle. I'm getting it reset by a company I trust. I've never had such a traumatic experience with a company, and for lord's sake, it was over my engagement ring. From my experience, I can deduce three things about Brilliant Earth: 1. They have a terrible product 2. They know it 3. They continue to sell it and appear respectable by bullying customers who run into their batch inconsistency and terrible customer service into not discussing their experiences. If you have been wronged by Brilliant Earth, as I was, please have the courage to do as I did and refuse to sign an NDA. Please discuss your experience with as many people as possible, in as many mediums as possible. Do not let this awful company continue to thrive off abusing their customers. P.S. BE employees - I have a screenshot of your NDA, unsigned, and have told everyone I know about this experience. Please do not attempt to contact me. I will never take this review down, no matter what crap you offer me in exchange. I have more respect for myself than you have for anyone.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Nathalie W

TL; DR - Poorly made products; center stone has loosened 3x in 24 months - No integrity/fraudulent behavior: Wrote a negative review, was promised that they would remedy the situation if I took it down - once I removed it, they reneged their promise. - Abysmal customer... Read More service; smug, aloof, incompetent, and unethical. - Company does not stand behind products EVEN WITH their Protection Plan; If something goes really wrong, Good Luck! Several weeks ago, I was contacted by BE because I wrote a negative, but truthful review about the poor craftsmanship of their products . They asked me to remove the review in exchange for resolving my problem. As soon as I took down the review, they strung me along for weeks and eventually renegged everything that they had promised. Audrey Brooks from the Boston office has actually threatened not to fulfill their contractual obligations under the warranty if I re-post a negative review. Here is my honest review of Brilliant Earth: My husband was hesitant to purchase a ring from BE because there were a handful of negative reviews on Yelp questioning the craftsmanship of BE jewelry. However, he was assured by the sales rep that he had nothing to worry about and that BE’s practice was to always allow customers to renew the warranty plan (which expires every 3 years). I’ve worn my ring since June 2015. In the 26 months that I’ve owned my ring, my solitaire diamond has become loose 3x. I take very good care of my ring; I take it off whenever I exercise, sleep or shower. I even followed their protocol and have the ring examined every 6 months- but still, the ring continues to fall apart. Given my lackluster experience, I wrote a review on Yelp on 8/7/17 so that other people would realize how horrid it is to be stuck with a malfunctioning BE product and deal with their careless customer service team. I was soon approached by several employees from various offices around the country asking that I remove the review in exchange for promises to fix the situation. I removed the review in reliance on a number of promises made by BE. Cory Martin from the Denver office said that BE would at a minimum agree to renew the warranty plan in perpetuity. Ariel Sharpe from the DC office made the same promise, and also offered the option of exchanging my ring for a new diamond and setting on favorable terms (apparently there are frequent issues with the Petite Prong Setting that no one disclosed when the ring was purchased). Ariel and I selected 5 new stones, which she told me would be available for viewing at the SF office with Tim Sullivan. I left work early to go to the appointment with Tim only to learn that the stones weren’t there and the entire meeting was a sham to get me to remove my review. When I showed up, Tim told me that BE would not be making good on any of the promises it had made. No one had the courtesy to tell me they would not honor their promise and they felt that it was completely acceptable to waste my time. In short- stay as far away from this company as you can. BE has zero integrity as a company and they do not stand behind their products. Their customer services is inattentive, smug, aloof and incompetent. Looking at other reviews, it seems that they have a pattern of bribing customers to remove negative reviews.Do yourself a favor and learn from my negative experience, this is not a company that you should buy a “lifelong” product from.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Scott M

Good company.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Khiera K

My fiancé and I bought our rings online from Brilliant Earth. They arrived yesterday via FedEx. He bought me the Symphony Diamond Ring wedding set and I bought him the Yukon gold ring, both in rose gold. The Yukon ring is beautiful and looks just like the photo on the site.... Read More However, when we saw the Symphony set, we thought we had been pranked. The bands are so thin and the diamond so small that flimsy is not an exaggeration. The rings are miniscule compared to the photo and description online. While I'm not someone who aspires to have a large diamond engagement ring, I do expect a good product for my (his) money. The Symphony set is a terrible value for what my fiancé paid. For the same price, he could have purchased a sturdier ring with a larger diamond from a reputable jewler. I feel terrible that he spent so much money and has nothing to show for it. We chose Brilliant Earth for its supposed good ethics, but thier misleading advertising is anything but ethical. Learn from our mistake and spend your own hard owned money elsewhere.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Fiona A

Amazing customer service and beautiful products. My dad used to work in the diamond business so I am very picky about my jewellery... but I am so happy with my engagement ring & matching band that my fiancé picked out, and he is not a jewellery guy but he loves his "comfort fit"... Read More ring too. Everything was on time and better than expected!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Ashlee G

I absolutely love brillant earth. The brillant Earth in San Francisco was very accomadating, especially Mary! She was so nice and professional and even sent me multiple pictures of the rings I liked. My fiance bought me the antique delicate scroll with side diamonds and it's... Read More breath taking. It's vintage and classy and I get nothing but compliments on It!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017

Do not order with these guys at all. Ordered a loose stone was assured would be delivered in one week.... 2 weeks passed and kept being told that the date is firm and it will be delivered by multiple agents then on the day it was shipped find out that it will be another week!!!... Read More and even that wasn't fully confirmed since there was no shipping confirmation still from fedex!! extremely un pleasant to deal with, the staff just gives scripted answers.. very annoying. They will not deliver on their Promises!!! Needless to say I cancelled my order with them. A complete and utter waste of my time.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Jillian Y

My fiancee prefers to buy ethically sourced jewelry, and bought some beautiful Brilliant Earth earrings for me before. He really enjoyed picking out my engagement ring at their showroom in San Francisco. My friend had sent him a photo of a ring I liked, and when he showed it to... Read More the associate , Lauren, he said she immediately had a setting in mind! The Brilliant Earth ring was slightly different than the picture, but I loved it so much more! Lauren worked with my fiancee to sort through their diamond selection and found one that was a perfect fit. He said she explained the process every step of the way. We're both really happy with the great customer service, and of course, the ring! We both agree that we would absolutely go to Brilliant Earth for our jewelry needs in the future.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Rikki T

The original place my husband bought my engagement band stopped selling the wedding band to go with it. Brilliant Earth had a very similar band. They were easy to work with, and they created a perfectly matching wedding band for my ring. Their customer service was easy to... Read More work with, and very helpful through the process. I'm beyond thrilled with my stunning wedding band.

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 K G

My husband purchased his wedding band at Brilliant Earth in Chicago. There have been several problems. 1. They measured him incorrectly - when he got the first ring he could barely get it on his finger. He went with their recommendations as opposed to other places who measured... Read More him larger. 2. When they sent the replacement it did not have the width modification he paid for. They told him he could keep it for the wedding (a week away) and then exchange it after the wedding for the correct width and they would provide a floor model ring while he wasn't wearing the one they sent him or his final ring. 3. He took it in for exchange today and they would not give him a floor model ring to wear while we're waiting two weeks for the next ring. Now he's looking online for something to wear in the meantime. It has been nothing but a headache. Their customer service is good when you are sitting in front of them, but they don't take any action based on phone calls or emails. They had told us it would be arranged and the ring would be ready for him after the wedding, it was not. The ring is nice, but not unlike things seen elsewhere. I wish we had worked through someone else. Fortunately, we got my rings elsewhere.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Anna P

I love my beautiful engagement ring as well as the matching wedding ring! While we were getting my ring resized, we actually met the woman that came up with my engagement ring design. It's always been a great experience going into their San Francisco location.

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Kate L

I can't say enough about how happy I am with my GORGEOUS ring from Brilliant Earth! From "just looking" to it's arrival at my door, the people at Brilliant Earth offer exceptional service! (Shoutout to Rio for keeping me up to date on it's ETA!) After looking at many other... Read More places, my husband and I couldn't find anything that compared to the beautiful craftsmanship at Brilliant Earth. Most importantly, I can wear my diamond knowing that it was ethically sourced and expertly set! I couldn't be more in love with my Caliana ring! (And my sweet hubby!😍) Best anniversary gift ever!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Wilson S

My experience with Brilliant Earth has been amazing. There was enough information about the company on their site and many reviews online that helped me feel safe about purchasing online. Mary N. has helped me since the beginning. The engagement ring I received was absolutely... Read More beautiful.I had to get it resized and it only took 2 weeks and it is perfect now. My fiancee is in love with the ring and we purchased our wedding rings two weeks ago from Brilliant Earth as well. A huge thank you to Mary N. and Brilliant Earth for making me so happy during a big and special moment in my life and for making my soon to be wife smile from ear to ear!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Amelia S

My fiancée proposed to me with this gorgeous ring on the Brooklyn Bridge last week and of course, I would have said yes no matter what, but the ring really is the cherry on top! I've been getting hundreds of compliments! I also love that they're ethically sourced while being... Read More more unique and affordable than luxury brands. I feel that they're so much more beautiful for that!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Pradeep G

This is a review for my online experience with Brilliant Earth: In short, they were actually brilliant. Madison and Mary helped answer all my questions, walked me through the entire process. They even snapped some real-life pictures of the ring so I could be sure it looked as... Read More good IRL as it did in the online showroom pictures. Their site is a breeze to use, and once I checked out, I got personal updates from them as the ring was resized and eventually shipped. They also helped me understand their return policy, resizing policy, and the unique restrictions they have on custom jewelry to help me make my decision. In the end, I picked the perfect ring for the perfect lady, and all for an incredibly reasonable price. Plus, I can be happy knowing I helped support a company committed to ethical sourcing and conflict-free jewelry. Brilliant Earth does incredible work in the communities they source from, so I highly encourage everyone to support this important and vital company in the jewelry industry. You've got a customer for life Brilliant Earth!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jeremy S

My experience with Brilliant Earth was incredible. As far as communication and service go, Catie and Emily in particular were who I worked with and they went WAY above and beyond to help us get our rings just right. Our situation was definitely out of the normal spectrum, but... Read More they were able to work around some of the hard lines to make everything happen!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Kendall W

My experience with Brilliant Earth in a list of events and facts: 1. My fiancé purchased my ring from Brilliant Earth on November 10th, 2015. 2. He spent over $5000 for the ring. 3. On December 20th, we got engaged. 4. I take my ring off to shower, sleep, do yard work,... Read More wash the dishes, go to the gym, etc. I am careful with the ring. 5. Over Labor Day weekend of 2016, I noticed 2 loose stones in my ring. 6. I took my ring to my local jeweler after I noticed the loose stones. They informed me that it was *in their opinion* a design flaw (their words, not mine) and they fixed it. The insurance paid the repair fee which was $50. 7. On November 2nd, 2016, I noticed another loose stone in my ring while at work. I work a desk job. 8. I took my ring to my local jeweler again. They told me the issue was to do with *in their opinion* a design flaw again. They said they would fix the ring. 9. I went to pick the ring up on November 4th, 2016. The stone was still slightly loose. They informed me that they were only able to tighten it so much without causing damage to the ring. 10. I asked what they suggested as a permanent fix. They said that the only permanent fix option was to melt down and rebuild my ring. They said to call Brilliant Earth. 11. I called Brilliant Earth. Spoke with a representative in customer service. She told me that the only way for them to do anything was to ship ring back to CA. They would look at and assess ring damage and the issue. She said they would "repair" the ring there. 12. I was told there was no way to "repair" the ring. This came from a reputable jeweler in my hometown in SC. 13. I asked if I could have my jeweler rebuild the ring and have Brilliant Earth pay for or help pay for the ring. I was interrupted by the representative and told that they don't do that there at Brilliant Earth. 14. I asked if there were ANY options and any room for compromise. She did not give me any options besides sending the ring to California. 15. I left a review of my truthful experience and opinion. 16. I was asked to delete my review.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Mary N

Brilliant Earth rings are absolutely beautiful, sturdy and unique. They have amazing customer service too, so you need not worry about making such an important, and expensive purchase online. My husband purchased my ring from Brilliant Earth because conflict free diamonds and... Read More good quality and responsibly produced metal was very important to me. I also had a unique vision and Brilliant Earth met all of our needs. I highly recommend their products and services for your special band!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Natalja V

Nowadays more and more people can afford to buy jewelry. Purchasers can get the opportunity to wear beautiful and expensive thing and also invest money. True connoisseurs of beautiful and original jewelry will certainly be interested in company Brilliant Earth. The quality of... Read More their production you can see from their website. No more thinking about presents, Brilliant Earth has everything that you can wish for, and amazing customer service will be happy to assist you.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Kelly S

Totally caught me off guard for the second time but.... he asked again and I said yes! #Ireland2017 #cliffsofmoher #tenyearweddingvowrenewal #ivebeenupgraded #myhusbandsakeeper #brilliantearth #moissy #moissanite I'm having this one engraved Éire 2017 and our wedding bands... Read More (Antique Scroll) will be engraved with Grá mo chroí also purchased from Brilliant Earth. Brilliant Earth, your customer service has been exceptional since my first day creating my dream ring with you. I can't thank your staff enough for the pictures that they sent me of my ring with matching bands and for the countless questions that I asked. Shipping was right on time, and the packaging for the ring was simple yet remarkable! Ladies and Gents, diamonds while beautiful are overrated, so consider a Moissanite which is superior to the diamond in many ways, yet a fraction of the cost. I promise you will not be disappointed with this exquisite and unique gemstone. For reference this is the 18K White Gold Aberdeen Engagement Ring in an 8 3/4 with a 7.5MM Super Premium (Forever One) Cushion Cut Moissanite and I'm logging off right now to purchase the matching White Gold Antique Scroll Diamond band to go with it.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Jordan M

You will not be disappointed with your purchase if you buy your ring through Brilliant Earth. Their website is easy to navigate and they make what could be an overwhelming process simple and easy. The ring exceeds my expectation. The ring comes with a cleaner, appraisal, and GIA... Read More report. I feel good knowing that my diamond is ethically and economically conscious. Thank you to Brilliant Earth for excellent customer service and making our engagement such a wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Kelsi G

Originally I was excited about Brilliant Earth because they make ethical jewelry. While I was shopping around I kept coming back to Brilliant Earth because they had the best variety of both classic and unique styles. The ring I have is absolutely perfect and I couldn't be... Read More happier!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Emily M

Beautiful, beautiful rings!!! We ordered our wedding bands from here. I got a rose gold band with diamonds all the way around, he got a platinum band and they are both stunning. They came in a beautiful box and with a cleaner.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Brilliant Earth! Conflict free diamonds are, in my opinion, the very minimum everyone should do. But the level to which Brilliant Earth goes to to make sure they have truly ethically sourced diamonds raises them above all else. Not to... Read More mention that 5% of their profits goes to funding schools in areas that have been impacted by negative mining practices! They never had any sort of sales pitch - they were more interested it answering my questions and making sure I got the exact ring and diamond I wanted! Everyone I interacted with was super friendly. I honestly can't think of a single thing negative thing to say about them!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

I was very excited to use Brilliant Earth as their extensive selection of estate jewelry is what drew me to them initially. I choose a vintage ring for my fiancé and after giving it to her brought it back to Brilliant Earth to be resized. Within a month the ring snapped!!... Read More After bringing it to two other jewelers in the Boston area, we were informed that a platinum ring was soldered with gold resulting in a sub-par job. When I asked about this Brilliant Earth refused to own their part and it resulted in costly repairs shortly before our wedding. Overall a very disappointing experience.