Brooklyn Winery

Brooklyn, NY

Brooklyn Winery

With a fully functioning winery as the backdrop for your nuptials, Brooklyn Winery is uniquely chic—you’ll host your guests in our romantic, sophisticated space filled with reclaimed wood and hand-selected vintage adornments while sipping wine made on premises. Your dedicated event manager will carefully assist with all of the details, from helping you select your individual wedding menu to making sure every element is perfect when it’s time to walk down the aisle. We’ve expertly designed our weddings to provide you with a full-service experience as we help you craft the day you’ve always imagined. Also looking for venues in Washington, DC? Check our new wedding venue District Winery. We are currently booking weddings for dates beginning November 2017 and beyond. Visit districtwinery.com

Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

213 N 8th St, Brooklyn, NY (347) 763-1506

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Arielle D

One of the things stopping us from having a big wedding was finding the right venue. We wanted to find a place that was beautiful, convenient, with excellent food and wine, and that would take care of all the small details and minimize the stress of planning a huge event. We had... Read More been to Brooklyn Winery a couple times and loved the rustic but relaxed vibe and atmosphere, and obviously loved their food and wine, so we were excited to discover that they did weddings and events! We met with Rachel & Jesi, and right from the start they were so helpful in guiding us through the process, with photos of past weddings, menus, lists of vendors they have worked with, and answers to all of our many questions. We finally decided on a day and a guest count, and went from there. Brooklyn Winery threw a big group tasting party for everyone who was getting married in the next few months, where you can sample all of their food and wines and make some hard decisions (just for the food -- all six wines we tried are available at the open bar by default!) And there was another event where we could sample some of the add ons, like themed food tables, or special cocktails, and meet with some vendors if there was anything we hadn’t decided on yet. Once everything was set up, we were given an event manager, Jessica, who coordinated with all of our vendors and made sure all details and deadlines were accounted for. And, as with everyone else we had met with, she was so easy to work with and was on top of every detail. But the real test was the wedding day itself. And let me tell you, the hard work of everyone at Brooklyn Winery, and especially Jessica, paid off immensely! Everything went, no exaggeration, without a single hitch. Every vendor was there in time and had what they needed, the venue looked gorgeous. They did an incredible job of decorating the space, providing the candles, all the dinnerware, and even a fantastic amenities basket in the ladies room. Everything happened exactly when it was supposed to happen without ever seeming chaotic or rushed. The way Brooklyn Winery does weddings, every room serves multiple purposes and are transformed from one thing to the other: for example, the ceremony room becomes the dinner room, the cocktail hour room becomes the dance floor, the bridal suite becomes an additional cocktail room, and then the dessert area. All of this switching around requires a ton of coordination and they were 100% on top of everything. The wait staff and bartenders were extremely attentive: I have never been to a wedding where hors d’oeuvres were circulated so efficiently or food and wine replenished so frequently during dinner. Many of our guests commented on how generous they were with bringing around second and third servings during dinner. And Jessica was everywhere at once making sure everything went the way it should, so it all felt easy and effortless. I am so glad we chose Brooklyn Winery as our wedding venue, and the hard work and dedication of everyone on the staff made our wedding an incredible success. All of our guests told us it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to, and a large part of that has to do with Brooklyn Winery. Thank you for helping us have our perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Tricia C

This was the first and only venue we looked at - the space is sophisticated, unique, and beautiful, and the staff are warm, professional, and exceptionally accommodating. Once we toured Brooklyn Winery, we canceled all other venue tours and booked our wedding date. First off,... Read More you have to see the space, which features dark wood finishing salvaged from New Orleans, a vintage tin ceiling, dark leather and wood furniture, and abundant candlelighting. However, the skylight over the atrium is one of the most beautiful features as it filled our ceremony with beautiful spring twilight. The bar/cocktail space is smaller and more intimate, which enhanced our dance party since everyone could easily access the bar and then mix into the tightly packed dance floor. I also have to rave about what is included in the BW package. Besides their beautiful space, they offer an open bar of BW wine/craft beer/top shelf mixed drinks and dinner menu that has been called by our family and friends "the best wedding food we have ever tasted." They also provide attentive, professional, day-of coordinators, and extremely warm and welcoming staff. As an aside, before the wedding we overheard staffers chatting about details of the wedding they liked; we also reconnected with a staff member who helped us during our tasting. Their enthusiasm and positivity truly made the day so personal, special and memorable. Our coordinator, Jessica Petti, was so amazingly helpful. She responded to emails immediately, welcomed us eagerly at the dinner tasting and open house, acquainted herself carefully with all of our details and plans, and cooperated effortlessly with our wedding planner. She also went above and beyond to help us customize some additional aspects of our planning. We could not have dreamed of a better location, venue, team of staff, menu, price, etc. for our wedding. It was exactly what every venue should aspire to be like, and yet so few seem to match what Brooklyn Winery offers!

Amazing, amazing venue

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Ben G

I can't say enough about how great of a place to host your wedding the Brooklyn Winery is. From our very first meeting with Rachel (the sales manager) to our last minute questions frantically e-mailed to Jessica (our event coordinator, the team at the Brooklyn Winery always made... Read More us feel like we were the only event happening, even though we obviously weren't. Both Rachel and Jessica answered our questions promptly and accurately, and they accommodated just about every request we had. Furthermore; this place is straight-up freaking beautiful, which you know if you've ever been inside. The ambiance is perfectly romantic, and has such a great balance of urban charm and rustic touches. We barely had to do anything in terms of decorations because both rooms at the Winery are already so amazing. The food: delicious. The wines, obviously, are great. The bartenders make great, balanced, strong drinks. The beer selection is fun, and the soft drinks are artisanal for any non-drinkers. One of the highlights of the wedding planning was the tasting night! In conclusion: The team at the Winery seems to genuinely love weddings, and made us feel so great and cared for throughout the process. Also, do not underestimate the allure of having one vendor to take care of the venue, the tables, the chairs, the drinks, the food, the flatware and the silverware! If I had a friend getting married in Brooklyn, I would enthusiastically, without question or hesitation, tell them that the Brooklyn Winery is an amazing choice for their big day.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Jaclyn L

We hosted our Rehearsal Dinner at Brooklyn Winery on Thursday, August 10th, and it was nothing short of a dream!! We found this location back in November and immediately knew this was the place for us. The rustic vibe, the intimacy of the venue, the food and wine, and the... Read More gorgeous decor is all perfection. The staff and service were just as amazing, if not better, then the food and decor! When initially booking, Jesi was incredibly helpful and thorough in answering all our questions and getting us set up with the event. The weeks leading up to the rehearsal dinner our event coordinators, Stephanie and Emily did a superb job of helping me plan all of the details, from the menu, to the seating chart, to the floral arrangements, and timeline of the event. They were efficient in making sure the AV system worked for our video and speeches we had planned and helped to make sure the night ran smoothly, which it 100% did! Thank you to the events team at Brooklyn Winery for hosting such an amazing night for us! We highly highly recommend this venue and can't wait to go back soon!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Bridget I

Our wedding this June at the Brooklyn Winery was truly a perfect day! From the second we walked into the winery we knew it was the perfect place for us to get married. It was an intimate setting with unique spaces, the perfect size for our 100 person wedding. Throughout the... Read More planning process the winery event staff was responsive and incredibly lovely. The actual day of the wedding was seamless. Jessica, our event manager, was an amazing planner. She thought of every detail and handled every bump (even when we had two uninvited guests show up) that came her way. We have gotten so many compliments on every aspect (especially the food) from our friends and family. It was a perfect day at the perfect venue!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Anne B

We got married this past weekend at Brooklyn Winery, and could not be happier with how everything went! We used all of their recommended vendors (on a list they gave us), which made everything even easier, since all the contact people knew each other, knew the space, etc.... Read More Jessica, our day-of coordinator, exchanged a million emails with me as we approached the big day, was very helpful with my questions, and helped make the whole day run smoothly. Our guests were thrilled with the food and the service and of course the wine!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Alison K

I'll admit... I am not a bride that has dreamed about the big day my whole life. I've spent more of my life ruling out things that I didn't want for my wedding than figuring out what I wanted to do. My "must" list was short: 1) great food and drinks 2) beautiful space 3) as... Read More easy as possible You would think this wouldn't be too ridiculous of a list, but I was sorely mistaken. But when we went to Brooklyn Winery, we knew our search was over - it was the perfect venue and better than I ever imagined. Let's go through my list... 1) The food was excellent. In fact, it was better on our wedding day than at the tasting. It's been almost 6 weeks since the wedding, and so many people are still bringing up the food at our wedding (and the majority of them comment that this was the best wedding food ever). We were able to have a wide variety of choices for everyone at cocktail hour - there was plenty to go around, and the cheese and charcuterie tables were beautiful. Dinner was amazing. I always knew I wanted family style dinner, but this felt more refined and elegant. (Your salads/sides are family style, but the entrees are served by an excellent waitstaff.) They were also very accommodating to any friends or family with dietary restrictions (including plating an individual plate for my friend with Celiac... above and beyond!). 2) The space is so lovely. It's like a warm, cozy hug with sprinkles of nature. But it's all in the details. The vintage feel of the dishes/glassware was perfection. The candles on the table made the room glow. The way the amazing staff arranged the flowers, tables, and decor throughout the venue was beyond perfect. The bathrooms were freshly stocked with anything a guest could need. And it was totally worth the slight "splurge" for the extra lighting in the bar and atrium areas. It really pulled it all together. Seriously - get ready for amazing wedding photos. 3) I cannot tell you enough times.... they do EVERYTHING for you. Emily, our event manager, was just incredible. She replied to all of our questions in a fast and correct manner. She happily assisted with our vendors. She moved the evening along so smoothly. She thought of everything so that we didn't have to. I always felt like I had someone to rely on in case anything slipped through the cracks. In addition, we were able to arrive with our close family 2 hours before the event to relax, have a drink/snack, get ready, and take some photos. It was exactly what we all needed to reset, reconnect, and get excited for the evening to come. If you're even considering getting married in the NYC area, just go and check out Brooklyn Winery. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Laura S

Brooklyn Winery is an exceptional wedding venue. Our November event was absolutely perfect, thanks to the gorgeous setting, amazing staff, delicious food and wine. The staff are total professionals, who made planning easy and efficient, and delivered a seamless event. Thank you... Read More for giving us the perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Courtney C

I feel compelled to write a review here, even though Brooklyn Winery is not the venue my fiance and I are ultimately choosing another venue for our wedding reception. Honestly, Marisa (the event director at the winery) was extremely prompt, courteous, and prepared. Marisa was so... Read More flexible and generous with her time in meeting with us to give the venue tour as well--it was election day, so you can imagine how hectic it was! My fiance and I have a long history with the Brooklyn Winery and it was sad that we didn't ultimately choose them, as that it where we met! But their price points--which exceed many Manhattan venues I visited--were beyond our budget. But, if you are looking for kind, excellent customer service and a BEAUTIFUL, rustic and charming space--look no further! Marisa was certainly a joy to work with! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Ashley F

Wow is all I can say. Just getting married last night at the Brooklyn winery I think I am still in shock of how it all turned out. I will start out by saying that from the day I contacted the winery about taking a tour and subsequently reserving my date I was hooked - Jessi... Read More toured me around the winery and set up my wedding date and timeline of events and she was AMAZING. She then connected me with Jessica who was my coordinator from that day forward and made every day leading up to my wedding so smooth & was constantly reassuring. The tasting at the winery was nearly as fun as our wedding and such a great experience for an anxious bride to just relax, enjoy and begin to envision what the day would be. In the weeks leading up to our wedding I spoke with Jessica so often and each time I did I felt more and more reassured and confident - she was prompt in her responses, always able to resolve any question or concern and followed up on every detail. Despite having other weddings and events to coordinate, Jessica made it feel as though I was the only one getting married this year :) From beginning to end of our wedding yesterday my dreams came true and I know it is because of the dedication, attention to detail, kindness and passion that not only Jessica has but every staff member at the winery. This unique rustic, chic & romantic venue was the most beautiful space to say I do to my best friend. I wish I could do it all over again and can only say quick call and book your wedding at the Brooklyn Winery!!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Deborah B

I am not sure where to start with my glowing review of BK winery - but headline - if you are looking for somewhere fabulous to have your wedding that is a little different then you ABSOLUTELY should have your wedding at BK winery! From our initial meeting with Rachel all the... Read More way to the follow up after they took care of everything. Rachel was great up front with the details of the wedding and responsiveness to our questions. And then Emily was fantastic with the details in the run up to the big day. Always responsive and always with helpful answers and suggestions. She also handled a situation The venue was so great - the food is amazing, of course the wine is great and the whole lay out / set up was brilliant. The staff were all fantastic on the day - and even were up dancing by the end of the evening . They also remembered everyones drink orders and kept them flowing! My only advice is the time goes quick so I would definitely invest in extending by an hour if your budget allows. BK winery makes you feel special - they have lots of weddings clearly but we were never made to feel like one in a long list - we were made to feel unique. Thanks again - can I get a re do??

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Scott and Erin N

We cannot recommend Brooklyn Winery enough. They made our wedding such an easy and wonderful process. We worked with Rachel in booking the wedding and with Jessica for actually planning it. They were both very accommodating and very easy to work with. The wedding day itself... Read More was seamless; everything went as planned thanks to Jessica's direction and planning. The food was delicious, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the space itself was the perfect backdrop for our wedding. Our guests loved the wedding and we received so many compliments on everything at Brooklyn Winery. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Olivia P

My husband and I wanted a daytime wedding with lots of light and an indoor non-church location that was accessible for our elderly guests. We found ourselves struggling to find a venue that fit all our wishes (didn't quite think it through that most restaurant private rooms are... Read More either in dark basements or up several flights of stairs), on our meager-for-NYC budget. I don't know what we would have done had we not found the Winery. Their glass-ceilinged atrium let in the most gorgeous, ethereal daylight, and the place is all on one floor with no stairs. Plus, they were willing to work with us on pricing thanks to our very quick (3.5-month) turnaround, so our budget didn't suffer as greatly as we were fearing. That's just the beginning, though - in addition to fitting our basic requirements, the Winery's services and amenities absolutely steamrolled other venues in terms of quality and value. And, now that the actual day has passed, I'm thrilled but not at all surprised to report that they came through 10000% on everything. Emily, the event manager we worked with, could not have been more helpful, friendly, and capable in our massive pre-wedding logistics email chains, and on the day itself she was a flawless combination of calming energy and no-bullsh*t control captain. I honestly don't know how she does it, but it was a delight to witness. I was able to be fully present and emotionally grounded during my wedding mainly because I knew Emily was right there handling all the other stuff. My husband and I both give her Wedding MVP props, hands down. As for the rest of the Winery, I echo everyone else's comments - the space is stunning, the wine was (obviously) fantastic, the servers were swift and friendly, the food was really REALLY good, etc etc. Emily and her staff went above and beyond in every way (including, but not limited to, setting up all of our DIY decor, flowers, and greenery garlands for us beforehand!). I can't recommend the Winery enough!

Reviewed on 2/20/2016 Susan S

This place is amazing. Here's why: 1. It's stunningly beautiful. 2. The event coordinator, Emily is wonderful to work with and very responsive. She is so sweet and kind! 3. The staff the day of the wedding were attentive, friendly, and went above and beyond our expectations.... Read More Don't worry about any hipster attitude with these folks. They are all awesome! Here's an example: my husband lost his wedding ring an hour after we got married. I told Emily and she immediately had her staff start looking. Phillip found it in the garbage by the bathroom!!! And he was so sincere and genuinely cared about helping us find it. I was totally blown away. 4. The food is delicious - everybody said so. 5. Wine was delicious too. This team has got everything down to a science and they really know what they're doing. They will do everything in their power to make sure that your wedding is absolutely magical.

Reviewed on 2/18/2016 Rashel S

The Brooklyn winery is beautiful! The team is extremely professional, organized, thoughtful and helpful. They made the wedding planning journey extremely fun and just downright easy. They organized everything for us and helped without hesitation when we need that extra... Read More assistance. They were also very accommodating for our non-standard requests. The food was scrumptious! The wine was of course amazing! Emily was our events manager and she was perfect. We had a 120 guests, which was perfect for the size of the space including cocktail hour and dancing. We only had our reception there.

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 rachel b

Having our wedding at the Brooklyn Winery ended up being the best decision we made. We were looking for a wedding for around 100 people, and were disappointed with the venues we had seen (and we saw a lot!). We had a fall 2015 wedding date in mind, and once we walked into the... Read More Brooklyn Winery we secured our date that day. It was the most perfect, rustic, romantic and intimate venue we were hoping to find - and the location is in the heart of Williamsburgh. We loved working with Rachel and Jessica. We had such a good experience leading up to our date that on the day of the wedding, we were so relaxed and had the best day of our lives. Highly recommend!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Gabriela S

I had both my ceremony and reception at BW just this past December. My husband and I were blown away with the outcome. The staff at this venue know exactly what they're doing. They are focused, efficient, and attentive. The space was completely transformed...just stunning. The... Read More planning process went quite smoothly considering I was planning from abroad. My event manager was very helpful. She was quick to respond to my e-mails, enthusiastic, and was very organized during the day of the wedding. I need to mention the food...it was out of the world. My guest keep raving about it. Absolutely delicious! We are so happy we went with this venue for our special day.

Can't Beat this Venue

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Margarita O

Brooklyn winery was the perfect place for our small (65 people) wedding. From the initial consultation to the wedding day everyone did a spectacular job. The tasting was fantastic (reco: fast the whole day as there is a LOT of food to try). Our day-of coordinator, Emily,... Read More decorated the space beautifully. She was responsive to emails and answered all questions, as well as gave great advice. The wedding itself ran seamlessly and everything was happening behind the scenes without myself (bride), and my husband being bothered. The venue is not cheap but worth every penny. We also highly recommend the custom wine favors; the process is very fun!!!!

PERFECT, special, beautiful wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Lauren E

The Brooklyn Winery created the wedding of our dreams. My now husband and I both knew from the moment we first stepped into the winery for our tour that this was the perfect wedding venue for us. We were very opposed to have a banquet hall-style wedding and were looking for... Read More something more special that would help us create a less traditional and more casual wedding. The Brooklyn Winery - with its gorgeous, rustic interior, amazing wine and delicious food - did not disappoint us in any aspect throughout the entire planning process and the event itself! Rachel, Jessica, Sean and the entire staff are not only friendly, wonderful people to be around, but incredibly responsive, helpful and dedicated to making your day perfect. From answering a million questions in the last month to helping with some less typical requests (like setting up my antique teacup collection and helping us to get it back home safely!), the staff truly went above and beyond. We were also fortunate to be able to visit the winery often leading up to the wedding since we live in Brooklyn, and were always met with a hug. Onto the event itself - my husband and I remarked afterward that we literally could think of nothing that went wrong or we would have improved on. We were completely confident that Jessica and her team would handle all of those little details, and we did indeed have a stress free wedding! Our guests raved about how special the venue itself was and many remarked that it was the best wedding food they have ever had, and this comes from a pretty picky (and honest) crowd. The wine is also superb and impressed even our very wine-savvy guests. We would choose the winery again in an instant to host our wedding and give them nothing but our highest recommendations on all levels!

Modern vintage beauty

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Debbie R

My husband and I found the Brooklyn Winery before they had completed the renovations and we really liked it then! Now that they are done, the space is warm and sophisticated and feels like a very special place. The staff was attentive and we really had a spectacular time. Our... Read More only complaint, and it is minor: the wine and beers that were to be served at our wedding continually changed, and we were told about it each time. Frankly, as long as they were good wines and beers, and we trusted that the winery would only serve good ones, we didn't really care, but it was somewhat annoying to learn that they were changing so many times. Although, researching and sampling them each time was fun!

nice venue, but small

Reviewed on 9/08/2012 Jennifer M

This venue seemed to be reasonably priced, but couldn't fit our 150 guests.

Wonderfully magical wedding experience!

Reviewed on 5/14/2012 Melissa T

The Brooklyn Winery truly exceeded our expectations in every way! The event planning staff is wonderful and very professional. They were invested in helping us create the experience and wedding we wanted. We held the ceremony and reception at the wedding and were impressed at... Read More how beautiful everything turned out on the day of the wedding. They pay attention to special details and work very well with other vendors. Additionally, the food was OUTSTANDING!! It's not your typical wedding food and they do an outstanding job serving, quality, and incredibly yummy food. Many of our guests complimented the food. The wine selection is great as well. Finally, the service is absolutely incredible and professional. They did a great job of serving and couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend the Brooklyn Winery for couples looking to have a unique, intimate wedding in a beautiful space with a focus on delicious food, good wine, and great service. And, one of the best parts - it's an incredibly fair price for everything you get, which is refreshing for the NYC area. I'm sure it will book up fast now that word is out, but I encourage you to consider this amazing venue!