Brookside Gardens Event Center

Berthoud, CO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Fairytale Gardens for Your Special Day

Brookside Gardens is a historic indoor-outdoor venue in the quaint town of Berthoud. Ultimate privacy is afforded to events within its 3 acres of lush landscaping including a small brook, waterfall, vine-covered arbors, colorful flowers, aspen trees and mountain views. The indoor event area boasts beautiful woodwork, a stately fireplace and grand chandelier. Amenities abound to create the most relaxing wedding day with on-site spa and salon services not limited to massage, sauna and steam rooms, manicures and pedicures, bridal party hair and makeup. Spend the day in preparation with your wedding party utilizing the large bride and groom’s suites and enjoy a complimentary wedding night’s stay for two at the on-site cottage. Accommodating intimate events all the way up to parties of 350

Garden

Bar + Drinks, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

619 East State Highway 56, Berthoud, CO (970) 532-3663

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Heather K

Brookside Gardens took such good care of my husband and I throughout the entire planning process! They assisted us with timeline details and made sure things would flow smoothly and then on the day of they took care of everything and worked closely with our DJ and caterer to... Read More make sure things went as they were supposed to!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Heidi F

Brookside was perfect. We are so glad we chose to get married there, and could not have been happier. Everything was set up to our specification and communicated well. It is also the most beautiful venue with the kindest people. Thank you, Brookside!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Hannah H

Brookside Gardens is a beautiful and practical location for a wedding. We found out about this venue in a wedding magazine and instantly fell in love. The gorgeous photos you see really do not do the real thing justice. Their outdoor gardens and pergola create the perfect... Read More setting for the ceremony and outdoor cocktail hour. The indoor reception area is also gorgeous and works well for the post-ceremony celebration. The staff at the venue are very accommodating and responsive. We were able to walk through the site a number of times before the wedding to show family and get measurements for decorations. The location also has a variety of great photo backdrop options for your photographer to take advantage of. Brookside Gardens is the perfect place for any event and a beautiful backdrop for a wedding!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Samantha S

The best decision we made picking this for our venue for our wedding! They were nothing, but amazing from the day we toured it to our wedding day. Very quick with responses, open communication, and extremely reasonable for all the amenities they provide! The day of coordinator... Read More they provided as well was fantastic. Our day was absolutely perfect, streamlined amazing, and not a single hiccup. They communicated great with our caterer, cake company, and us. We could not have done it without the amazing staff at Brookside! I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a perfect day with an absolutely gorgeous setting!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Megan L

My husband and I got married at Brookside Gardens on November 20th of last year. We had the most amazing experience! They were so incredibly helpful through out the entire process. Amanda Disney was absolutely amazing leading up to the wedding and on the day of. She was always... Read More willing to answer any of my questions and made our day run smoothly. She kept us on schedule and made sure that everything was exactly how we wanted it. The entire staff was extremely professional and helpful. We truly had the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Jenna F

Brookside Gardens is one of the most stunning event venues in Northern CO. I adore their garden theme, as it creates a very romantic and breathtaking atmosphere. I highly recommend it to all of my brides and clients! I most often work with Katie, and she will definitely make... Read More sure that you are taken care of. :)

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 McKyley B

This place is beautiful. It was more wonderful than anything I could have imagined. They really took care of everything and the whole wedding went off without a hitch, thanks to Amanda, who was an EXCELLENT coordinator. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. I've had... Read More numerous people tell me it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. My only two complaints are that the rooms to get ready in were not unlocked in time, which was a minor inconvenience but not a very big deal. My major complaint is that the morning after our wedding, my husband and I were staying in the cottage on site. Which the staff set up and were fully aware of. We were woken up by a man at 8 in the morning knocking on the door and unlocking it himself. He came in while we were in bed and preceded to go downstairs in the cottage to get paint! Not the way I wanted to wake up the day after my wedding. Like I said, this place was beautiful. I loved it and would recommend it to anyone. But a traumatic and awkward morning for sure!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Victoria R

This place has it all which made planning and the day of a lot easier. Plus we had a lot of help from all of the staff who were super helpful and accommodating. All the outside vendors (photographer, videographer, etc.) mentioned how much they liked the venue and the help they... Read More received from our on-site coordinator Katie who works for Brookside. We only received rave reviews from everyone who attended. Everything went perfectly and we could not have asked for anything more.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Takisha D

The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL! It fit my theme perfectly, but really that's where the glam ended for me. The price was reasonable when I booked it, but as I see the price go up in the upcoming year there is no way I could justify booking it later on. There is quite a bit... Read More included in the fee, but it all disappears quickly. They say a wedding supervisor is included, but I highly suggest a planner or at least make sure your MOH or someone else has everything handled. Mine was nowhere to be found and did the bare minimum at the rehearsal and coming up with the timeline, which was really just whatever the caterer and I said but repeated. Luckily, my MOH and bridesmaids took on a lot of responsibility the day of, but overall it was a lot of miscommunication that could of been easily fixed if the planner had actually discussed things with me. My bridal party and immediate family came in early to set up the centerpieces and everything out on the tables for me. The staff... the wonderful ladies that did my hair and make up are the only ones spared, but the gossip and disrespect from the others is uncanny! I was running late for my appointments, by 20 minutes and called to let them know and got the rudest responses back over the phone. Then when I actually got there the person on the phone was very easy to distinguish because she still had an attitude to my face, to a few of my bridesmaids! Then I find out later that her and other staff were talking about me in the salon within earshot of my mother getting her make up done after getting off the phone with me (they clearly didn't know she was there) and the lady doing my mom's make up had to tell them that she was there and they could hear them. Overall: The venue is beautiful. The salon is a salon. Extremely bad staff experience. The cottage is nice, but simple (TV didn't work), breakfast was from panera bread, and good champagne. Go ahead and get a planner anyway.

2016-06-08T15:51:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your experience here was not up to your expectations. Rude staff is inexcusable. If you would like to contact us directly to give us more details, we would love the chance to correct that. We do... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/21/2016

The essential vibe of this place is a salon that decided to open a wedding venue. Don't get me wrong the place is nice, but they really lack the competency in wedding planning that is offered by most other local venues.

2016-06-08T16:03:15 Response from the vendor

Hi there! I noticed that your wedding date is listed for next summer. Do you currently have a wedding booked with us? If so, please give us a call at 970-532-3663 and ask for me, Katie. I was a wedding planner for 9 years before... Read Less Read More

Brookside gardens

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 McKensie F

This venue was absolutely amazing. They are extremely helpful and know what they're doing! They provide a wedding coordinator who helps you get through the big day and they are excellent. We are so happy we chose Brookside Gardens for our wedding. It was beautiful and our... Read More friends and family cannot stop talking about it! I highly highly recommend it!!!

Brookside Gardens was a terrific choice for daughter's wedding.

Reviewed on 1/19/2015

This is a beautiful place for your wedding. Staff and coordinator were professional, supportive and extremely competent. My daughter's wedding was early evening so the romantic ambiance only increased as the evening went on. The ceremony followed by cocktails was outside in the... Read More garden area and then everyone moved indoors for the reception and dancing. Guests moved comfortably throughout the beautiful grounds.There is also an Aveda spa in the building making it very appealing. For the value, for the beauty, for the convenience, Brookside Gardens was wonderfully perfect!

l

Reviewed on 1/05/2015

l

Lovely

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Amy F

Stunning venue and so handy to have an Aveda Salon on property for all the wedding day hair and makeup. Great experience and just a stunning location.

this place helped masked my day perfect

Reviewed on 9/14/2013 Christina C

Susan my wedding coordinator was full if helpful ideas, sweet comments, and encouragment when i thought the stress was getting to be too much. My day was beautiful! They ensured everything went exactly how err planned it! I recommend everyone to this place!

Stunning Venue

Reviewed on 9/05/2013 Katie H

This venue is gorgeous! We had our ceremony outside and the flowers and greenery gave us the most beautiful backdrop. The reception was held inside the main event center. It is big, well kept, and beautiful. There is a food dance floor and build in bar that can be used. The best... Read More part is this venue also has the Aveda salon attached. I was able to get my nails, hair and makeup all done her at the location which made the whole day very easy and stress free. We got married on a Monday which really cut down the cost of the venue, and actually turned out to be a great night for a wedding. In addition to saving money by having the wedding on a Monday we also got the bridal sweet for the whole day, unlike weekend dates which only have it to use for a few hours. Great staff, that really take time to get to know you and invest in your special day. I would highly recommend this venue!

Excellent Venue

Reviewed on 8/03/2013 Sara C

We wanted an outdoor ceremony in a garden setting with an indoor reception. Brookside fit that perfectly. Our day of coordinator, Linda O'Hare, was excellent and made sure everything went as planned. Our guests made several comments about how beautiful our venue was! They were... Read More also very affordable. I would definitely recommend them for weddings or other events. We also used the salon services the day of the wedding. Everyone was very pleased with the results! As someone who doesn't own makeup and who rarely does anything to my hair, it was very important to me that I felt comfortable with the products used on me. Brookside only uses Aveda products and I was pleasantly surprised at my trial to find I didn't feel the need to wash my face immediately like I have when using other products. I worked with Susan, and she did a great job listening to what I wanted. I was very happy with how I looked!

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Brooke J

This was the first venue that I looked at with my fiancé and we immediately fell in love! The grounds are absolutely beautiful and it is so convenient to have everything in one location (salon, bride and groom getting ready rooms, ceremony, reception). I got so many compliments... Read More

on how beautiful this venue was and it was perfect for our day!

Reviewed on 9/16/2012 Mary G

The venue is amazing and beautiful. I had a few issues with some of the staff and the spa pricing but overall a great venue.

Great venue for a wedding

Reviewed on 9/05/2012 Laura L

We used this venue for our recent wedding and were super pleased. We loved the fact that it held our large family and still had room. It is also the ideal venue because it has a ceremony site and reception site all in one location. This means that your family doesn't have to go... Read More from place to place on your wedding day. And the best part about Brookside Gardens is the beauty of the property. My favorite is the water feature and the flowers.

Great Locations

Reviewed on 8/20/2012 Amanda S

Awesome Staff and beautiful grounds with a ton of flowers

Reviewed on 8/09/2012 Lindsey M

Brookside Gardens was the perfect venue for our reception. The staff were incredible, and big garage doors opened the large interior space to a beautifully landscaped garden area. We were given access to groom and bridal suites and made a grand entrance by walking down an... Read More exterior staircase into the garden. Couldn't have been better!

so happy with my wedding hair and makeup

Reviewed on 7/08/2012 Erin M

Kat did my hair and makeup for my wedding, and she did an amazing job! We did a trial before the wedding, where she tried a few different looks and was so sweet and helpful. I cannot put into words how happy I was with how she made me look that day.

Flowers, Music, Atmosphere!

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Corinne D

Brookside Gardens is the premiere wedding venue in Northern Colorado! It was great working with Ashlea! She was professional, organized and helped with anything we needed. She had a plan for any and all of our questions, which took a lot of stress off of us. Our guests loved the... Read More indoor/outdoor setting. It was elegant, cozy, airy, and just plain beautiful!

great venue

Reviewed on 10/02/2011 Jenny R

This place is beautiful and overall the price is pretty good especially when under a tight budget.