Is this your business? claim it now

Buttercups Floral Design

Washington DC, Northern VA, and Shenandoah Valley and Blue Ridge

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Plants, Vases, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

147 N. Loudoun St, Winchester, VA
Washington DC, Northern VA, and Shenandoah Valley and Blue Ridge

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Rebekah D

My husband and I had a hard time finding a florist since we were on a budget, yet we wanted beautiful flowers. We met with several florists, but Laura was by far the best! She had so much energy and just seemed so excited at the chance to make our wedding beautiful. And her... Read More flowers are grown locally on her farm, which is amazing. Neither my husband nor I are very knowledgeable with flowers, so during our first meeting Laura pulled out this ginormous book and went through different types with us to ensure we would have what we wanted. She also understood our budget and was so reasonable with pricing and with last minute changes. Her rentals also made the decorating very easy. We were able to rent everything from the arch to centerpiece jars. Oh and the arch was so beautiful. We told her from the beginning what arch we were looking for. She didn't have one in inventory so she made one for us instead! The wood came from her 200 year old barn. It was beautiful as was everything else. We are so happy with our choice in Buttercups Floral Design. Definitely found our florist for life!

Absolutely Wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/28/2014 Darby L

I worked with Buttercups Floral for my wedding recently, and I am so glad I did. Working with Laura was great, she has great vision. The one place I was really lacking on was knowledge of flowers, but she took my colors and made beautiful bouquets, not to mention the table... Read More arrangements, aisle arrangements, and the arbor! I highly recommend Laura and Buttercups Floral for your wedding :)

Wedding florist

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Katie A

I stumbled across Laura's table randomly at a bridal show. I was not planning on using a florist and she convinced me to at least schedule a consultation with her. I did, I went and I am SO glad I decided to use her. She did such a great job and took the job of doing flowers off... Read More my shoulders. She, without a doubt, did a much better job than I would have.

Great Value - Disappointed at the Final Product

Reviewed on 5/11/2013 Jacqueline K

This vendor came in right on target with our budget, always gave us prompt replies and had great ideas during our initial meeting when we really didn't have a handle on how we wanted to integrate some of the aspects of our themes. Towards the end though the vendor cancelled our... Read More final review which I didn't necessarily mind until the day of the wedding when I saw that my bouquet was not the one I selected. No one noticed of course but it put a damper of what my vision was. All and all for the value, I'd definitely go with her again but I'd recommend that you get some sort of visual confirmation before the big day.

Great experience

Reviewed on 1/09/2013 Moira G

I really liked working with this company. I explained that I was on a budget and not only made it work, they west above and beyond what I thought it was going to look like.

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Natalie M

Laura was fantastic! She was very knowledgeable, creative, willing to work in my budget, flexible, and easy to communicate with. I loved my flowers! I would definitely use her again! :)

Extremely Disapointed

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Emily C

The flowers were pretty colors but that's all Laura has going for her. I could have made better flower arrangements myself from Costco. The table centerpieces looked like crap and all the boutonnieres fell apart before the ceremony. My dad (father of the bride) had to get safety... Read More pins and tape and leaves off the ground to make new ones.. Worst part of all she gave me (the bride) attitude when i asked a question about a poorly made grandmother corsage and walked away from me and never made contact again. Very unprofessional!

not what I expected

Reviewed on 5/28/2012 Emmanuella D

During my planning process, it was important for me to find a vendor that could work within my budget without sacrificing quality. Once I found Laura, she was very accommodating in finding a location that was midway between Alexandria and Winchester, where she is located. She... Read More was organized and professional and even brought me a sample bouquet which stayed alive for almost a week after our meeting. I told her my color, theme and budget and pretty much trusted her to provide the flowers. I booked her pretty early in our planning process so over the course of a 9 months there were a lot of changes to the wedding party. She was always good about getting back to me on the changes and payments were easy to make. The only reason why I gave her a low score is I was really disappointed by the way the flowers looked. The bouquets were really small and did not look fresh, as we were in the waiting area some of the flowers in my bouquet and my bridesmaids fell off. Some flowers were wilting and the colors were not as vibrant as I expected. There were no similar issues with the boutonnieres and the pomander for the flower girl made of carnations was gorgeous. I also requested flower petals for decorations and think that I didn't get as many flowers as I expected, either the guidance I gave her wasn't right or she gave me less than I asked/paid for, I don't know which. All in all, I would recommend her to anyone on a budget, but if I'd recommend talking about size expectations and the freshness of the flowers. I chose to preserve my flowers and just as the sample she provided at our first meeting, they stayed alive but barely. Also, I thought a toss bouquet was part of my package, but when looking back on emails it was never mentioned by either of us - however, I wish she might have asked me about it then it would have donned on me that I needed one, but that didn't happen until I was at the reception about to toss my bouquet. All the other florists I spoke to included it in their packages, but again neither Laura or I brought it up so it wasn't in writing.

TO Buttercups Floral Design