Buttercups Floral Design

Washington DC, Northern VA, and Shenandoah Valley and Blue Ridge

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Plants, Vases, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

147 N. Loudoun St, Winchester, VA Washington DC, Northern VA, and Shenandoah Valley and Blue Ridge (540) 533-7404

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Jennifer T

Laura is amazing!! From our first meeting to the day of, I cannot thank her enough. She was truly professional and talented. Everything she touches was so beautiful. She was able to take my rambling words and turn them into something truly amazing. My bouquet was just perfect... Read More and she killed it with her use of succulents, the center pieces were classy and perfect, and the greenery / garland work was top notch and her placement of all flowers was perfect. She even added touches of green in places I would never think needed it! It was the little things too that put work over the top. After the wedding that my husband told me she helped all the men put the boutonnieres on as they all stood there clueless. It was that personal touch that warmed my heart a little. She also did amazing job of educating us on the flowers, what more cost conscious flowers options or alternatives were, what would be in season and easier to get etc. Her pricing was great and she did not nickel and dime us, which was so appreciated! Laura is a down to earth person, incredibly nice and was one of my favorite vendors to work with. I 100% recommend working with her for your wedding! I hope I get to work with her again in the future!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Shannon K

LOVE Buttercups! I went to my consult with a few pictures for bouquets and centerpieces but nothing set in stone. She took my small ideas and turned them into something real and made me beautiful bouquets and gorgeous centerpieces. She also set everything up which made my life... Read More so much easier. She was also available any time I wanted to make changes to my invoice. I'm so glad I chose Buttercups!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Kathleen W

Laura did an incredible job with the flowers at our wedding. They were so beautiful. She was able to make our vision come to life. My bouquet was full of the most beautiful white and ivory flowers. I absolutely loved it. She paid attention to every little detail - including... Read More the arch during the ceremony, flowers during the reception, and even having decorations on the cake table for our two wedding cakes. She was professional, organized and a joy to work with from the beginning. It was an incredible value for the amount of amazing flowers we had at the wedding and the reception. We couldn't have been happier with it and would recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Jessica R

I am so happy we went with Buttercups Floral, our flowers were gorgeous and added the perfect pop of color. Our table arrangements were perfect, I went into picking flowers without a vision and Buttercups helped me create a vision for the evening! Superb work.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Jess S

I'm happy that we selected Buttercups, and would recommend them to other brides in the future! Flowers were not something we were super knowledgeable about or wanted to spend a ton of $ on. Laura was able to work with us on both fronts - helping us determine what we liked, and... Read More staying within our budget. She was usually very responsive (a little less so towards the end - I think she was out of town or just swamped with weddings), but I found her proposal a little confusing (we had two types of centerpieces and a few transitions); after a little back and forth we clarified and everything was on the right track. The flowers looked gorgeous the day of, and I got many compliments! Overall, I am happy that we went with Buttercups.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Alex D

If I could give Buttercup Floral Designs a million stars- that still wouldn't be enough. To keep it short and sweet- Laura is utterly amazing, so genuine and kind and truly has a talent for making everything she touches absolutely beautiful. We shared some ideas...okay a ton of... Read More ideas, that I wanted to try but was unsure that I could afford. Not only did she: 1. give me all of the prices (which are completely affordable) for each individual request I had, so I could decide what was best for our budget 2. perfectly designed and executed everything that I had imagined 3. always kept me in the loop about comments and concerns but she also did so with such a compassionate and understanding attitude. If you want someone who is a personable and professional as she is talented- book with Buttercups Florals. Thank you so much Laura!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Emily L

I worked with this vendor to discuss working together for my wedding. We went as far to create a contract and were in the middle of finalizing the contract (waiting for an email from Laura to adjust some things). Without updating the contract, she cancelled on us, saying she... Read More overbooked herself. We were talking consistently and often so I would have never expected her to pull the rug out of under us like that. We are back to square one. I would not trust her services. This was a very unprofessional experience.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Janie

My now husband and I didn't need to go far to find the perfect florist for us. Instantly upon meeting Laura, from Buttercups Florals, we knew we wanted to use her to decorate our wedding; it was her energy, organization, expertise, and her personality. I will admit that I was... Read More not a picky bride, Laura understood the vision and did what she does best. She's an expert with her flowers and gives you suggestions that just make your flowers stand out. My bouquet! Oh my goodness, it was perfect (so much that I had it preserved!!!), I highly recommend Laura as your florist, she will take the best care of you and what you like.

Beautiful, unique flowers at an afforadable price

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Whitney G

We used Laura, owner of Buttercups, for our October wedding, and all of our flowers turned out beautifully! We had rather specific requests (e.g., garland instead of traditional centerpieces, wanted to use some of our own items, keeping budget low, etc.) and she was very... Read More accommodating. Her arrangements were all just as we had imagined and turned out just beautifully! She even managed to incorporate a piece of grandmother's veil into my bouquet - so special! I would definitely recommend her to others, especially given her very reasonable pricing!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Rebekah D

My husband and I had a hard time finding a florist since we were on a budget, yet we wanted beautiful flowers. We met with several florists, but Laura was by far the best! She had so much energy and just seemed so excited at the chance to make our wedding beautiful. And her... Read More flowers are grown locally on her farm, which is amazing. Neither my husband nor I are very knowledgeable with flowers, so during our first meeting Laura pulled out this ginormous book and went through different types with us to ensure we would have what we wanted. She also understood our budget and was so reasonable with pricing and with last minute changes. Her rentals also made the decorating very easy. We were able to rent everything from the arch to centerpiece jars. Oh and the arch was so beautiful. We told her from the beginning what arch we were looking for. She didn't have one in inventory so she made one for us instead! The wood came from her 200 year old barn. It was beautiful as was everything else. We are so happy with our choice in Buttercups Floral Design. Definitely found our florist for life!

Absolutely Wonderful!

Reviewed on 4/28/2014 Darby L

I worked with Buttercups Floral for my wedding recently, and I am so glad I did. Working with Laura was great, she has great vision. The one place I was really lacking on was knowledge of flowers, but she took my colors and made beautiful bouquets, not to mention the table... Read More arrangements, aisle arrangements, and the arbor! I highly recommend Laura and Buttercups Floral for your wedding :)

Wedding florist

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Katie A

I stumbled across Laura's table randomly at a bridal show. I was not planning on using a florist and she convinced me to at least schedule a consultation with her. I did, I went and I am SO glad I decided to use her. She did such a great job and took the job of doing flowers off... Read More my shoulders. She, without a doubt, did a much better job than I would have.

Great Value - Disappointed at the Final Product

Reviewed on 5/11/2013 Jacqueline K

This vendor came in right on target with our budget, always gave us prompt replies and had great ideas during our initial meeting when we really didn't have a handle on how we wanted to integrate some of the aspects of our themes. Towards the end though the vendor cancelled our... Read More final review which I didn't necessarily mind until the day of the wedding when I saw that my bouquet was not the one I selected. No one noticed of course but it put a damper of what my vision was. All and all for the value, I'd definitely go with her again but I'd recommend that you get some sort of visual confirmation before the big day.

Great experience

Reviewed on 1/09/2013 Moira G

I really liked working with this company. I explained that I was on a budget and not only made it work, they west above and beyond what I thought it was going to look like.

AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Natalie M

Laura was fantastic! She was very knowledgeable, creative, willing to work in my budget, flexible, and easy to communicate with. I loved my flowers! I would definitely use her again! :)

Extremely Disapointed

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Emily C

The flowers were pretty colors but that's all Laura has going for her. I could have made better flower arrangements myself from Costco. The table centerpieces looked like crap and all the boutonnieres fell apart before the ceremony. My dad (father of the bride) had to get safety... Read More pins and tape and leaves off the ground to make new ones.. Worst part of all she gave me (the bride) attitude when i asked a question about a poorly made grandmother corsage and walked away from me and never made contact again. Very unprofessional!

not what I expected

Reviewed on 5/28/2012 Emmanuella D

During my planning process, it was important for me to find a vendor that could work within my budget without sacrificing quality. Once I found Laura, she was very accommodating in finding a location that was midway between Alexandria and Winchester, where she is located. She... Read More was organized and professional and even brought me a sample bouquet which stayed alive for almost a week after our meeting. I told her my color, theme and budget and pretty much trusted her to provide the flowers. I booked her pretty early in our planning process so over the course of a 9 months there were a lot of changes to the wedding party. She was always good about getting back to me on the changes and payments were easy to make. The only reason why I gave her a low score is I was really disappointed by the way the flowers looked. The bouquets were really small and did not look fresh, as we were in the waiting area some of the flowers in my bouquet and my bridesmaids fell off. Some flowers were wilting and the colors were not as vibrant as I expected. There were no similar issues with the boutonnieres and the pomander for the flower girl made of carnations was gorgeous. I also requested flower petals for decorations and think that I didn't get as many flowers as I expected, either the guidance I gave her wasn't right or she gave me less than I asked/paid for, I don't know which. All in all, I would recommend her to anyone on a budget, but if I'd recommend talking about size expectations and the freshness of the flowers. I chose to preserve my flowers and just as the sample she provided at our first meeting, they stayed alive but barely. Also, I thought a toss bouquet was part of my package, but when looking back on emails it was never mentioned by either of us - however, I wish she might have asked me about it then it would have donned on me that I needed one, but that didn't happen until I was at the reception about to toss my bouquet. All the other florists I spoke to included it in their packages, but again neither Laura or I brought it up so it wasn't in writing.