Your Wedding is our next creation!

Cakes by Kasarda specializes in creating custom, one-of-a-kind cakes for weddings and special events capturing the style and theme of your memorable day. Each cake is made to order using select ingredients and baked days before your event - ensuring flavor and freshness.

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

3414 Rivers Avenue, Charleston, SC (843) 737-6201

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Monica G

My wedding cake literally took my breath away when I first saw it. Tammy went above and beyond any and all expectation and I am so thankful to have chosen her to make our perfect delicious wedding cake. I wanted something original and quite different from the norm and she was... Read More so excited to make my vision my perfect reality. I had a navy cake with gold lace detailing that would knock your socks off. No flowers or cake topper needed to accent this cake. It was originally supposed to be a sugar stencil, however, when I saw the cake I quickly realized the stencil was gold piping gel hand piped gorgeously which must have taken hours for her. She never said a word about the issue she had and I know it must have been lots of time and a very steady hand. I am so grateful to you Tammy for all your hard work I know went into the design, which was better than I could ever imagined. I added some cake lighting which really made the cake look even more stunning in the evening light. Our tasting meeting was wonderful with so many cake and filling choices to choose from. We actually loved them all and trusted her entirely by going with a seasonal flavor we didn't taste that day; pumpkin spice with cream cheese frosting. It's our favorite and perfect for our fall wedding so we knew we couldn't go wrong and boy were we right! We received rave reviews about the taste and even though we gave everyone larger pieces of cake, it was wiped out at the end of the night. People were stealing other guests pieces it was so yummy! Thank you again Tammy. We ABSOLUTELY LOVED it! ~Monica & Dustin

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Anna C

Tammy did an absolutely amazing job on both our wedding cake and our grooms cake! My husband wanted the Iron Throne (from Game of Thrones) for his grooms cake, and Tammy's creation was so realistic people weren't aware it was a cake! Both cakes were delicious and we can't wait... Read More to eat our top layer later! We will definitely be coming back to Tammy for birthday cakes and other events!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Lesley T

Tammy did a beautiful job with our wedding cake and was BEYOND creative with the grooms cake I requested! Our tiered cake was equally stunning and delicious and the popcorn/bubblegum themed grooms cake was a true show stopper! Quite a few folks did not believe it was a real... Read More cake! Our cake tasting appointment was a true highlight of our planning process and I would recommend Tammy over and over again!

Reviewed on 12/26/2017 Jonathan E

Absolutely amazing cake, frosting to die-for, and it was decorated to perfection! Tammy was professional throughout the entire process and a gem while we did our tasting. Everyone raved about how great our cake looked, but especially how it tasted! She was patient with us as... Read More we gave her “beach theme” but didn’t quite know how to go about giving her more direction. The cake decorations couldn’t have turned out better! We would definitely recommend her to our friends and family!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Kelly W

I highly recommend Cakes by Kasarda. Tammy is so sweet and helpful. She did a 3 tiered wedding cake with 3 different flavors and a scuba diver groom's cake. They were both beautifully done. And the best part was how wonderful they tasted! All of our guests were raving about the... Read More flavors and texture. It was exactly what we wanted - even better!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Denise B

I found out about Cakes by Kasarda through a friend whose parents bought her 30th birthday cake from Tammy. This was a few years ago, and when we ultimately decided on Charleston for our wedding (we live in WA), I had to track her down because I remembered the cake she did for... Read More my friend that was both beautiful and tasted great. I had a mullet (or peek-a-boo) cake idea, classy and formal in the front, and personalized in the back. When visiting with her, I mostly left the cake tasting to my mom and nephew, and we discussed the idea and how she could make the cake a reality. I later sent her pictures of our dogs, which were to be included. Come wedding day, multiple things went wrong (as they do), and I managed to hold it together. When we arrived at the reception, and the DJ was calling us for our first dance, I noticed the cake and made a beeline for it. Not going to lie, the cake brought me to tears. The nerves, stress of the day, things that didn't turn out as I wanted it to, and then I saw the cake. It was that perfect. When I had to deal with curveballs and things not being delivered as planned, this cake made my day. I wish I could add pictures here to show you the cake that she made. It was a beautiful square, three tier cake. Classy and elegant from the front, with our dogs holding back the "curtain" in the back to reveal our colleges, and our NFL teams. On top of it all, the cake was delicious. All three flavors we chose. I tasted them all. No shame.

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Melissa S

So amazing! Not only did our cake look amazing, but it tasted AMAZING! I would definitely recommend!! I did a fun grooms cake & also a small reception cake - both came out even better than I could have imagined. And our guests were raving at how delicious they both were!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Sharon M

I highly recommend Cakes by Kasarda, the tasting was so much fun and so much to taste, we narrowed it down to Red Velvet and Lemon cake. The frosting was a mix of butter cream and Italian cream so it was not too sweet, my guests thought the cake was beautiful and the best cake... Read More they had ever tasted!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kimber W

Tammy was great to work with! She made two beautiful cakes for us and both tasted delicious. She was always on time and very good with communication.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Tyler B

I would hire Cakes by Kasarda over and over again! She is by far the best! She was great about responding to every email and planning our tasting. Our wedding cake was beautiful and exactly what we asked for! Our guest went crazy over the sweet potato cupcakes just like we did... Read More when we first tasted it!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Robb A

Tammy is truly the best in the business! When we had our tasting, she answered all of our questions and made us feel so at home! There were so many options, and said we liked them all! It was so hard to choose the best one! Thank you again for everything! If you want an... Read More amazing tasting wedding cake, go see Tammy!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Ashley C

Tammy was very friendly from the beginning and very helpful with coming up with ideas. She made both the groom's cake and wedding cake and both of them tasted amazing! They were the most moist and fresh tasting cakes I have had. She was able to create each of them to look... Read More absolutely beautiful and just like I imagined them! She was very reasonably priced as well.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Rachel R

Our cake was STUNNING and so delicious. I overheard so many people talking about it!! People refused to even put it down while breaking it down on the dance floor! Thank you!!!'

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Samantha B

I had at least 10 people come up to me during the reception to ask where our cake came from! It not only looked exactly like I asked, it tasted better than I thought it would! She also has some of the best prices around!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Brooklyn K

HANDS DOWN best cake we have ever tasted! We were lucky enough to stumble across Kasarda just based on reviews and we couldn't have chosen a better company for our cake. Our wedding guests could not get enough - we went with chocolate and red velvet and they are still talking... Read More about how awesome it was! Do not look any further - You have found the perfect Bakery!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Kayla M

Tammy was recommended to us by our wedding planner (whose cake was also made by Cakes by Karsada). We are so happy with her recommendation! Tammy was amazing to work with, very responsive and patient with my changing ideas up front, helping us find a solution that was both... Read More cost effective and deliciously beautiful. Her tasting was also wonderful, although is more sweets than we could try. We also really liked her recommendations for pairing. All around, you cannot go wrong using Cake by Karsada. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Allyson K

Cakes by Kasarda did an amazing job with my wedding cake! It was exactly what I asked for and was decorated beautifully. Tammy was professional, nice and did a beautiful job. Not only was my cake beautiful but it tasted great! I can't wait to eat my top layer on my one year... Read More anniversary. I highly recommend Cakes by Kasarda.

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Claire F

Cakes by Kasarda was AMAZING!!!! We had an amazing cake tasting and could not have gone wrong with any of the many many choices of cake and frosting that were provided. We ended up getting two cakes - a wedding cake for the big day and a second cake for the rehearsal dinner,... Read More which was also my sister's birthday (she approved the wedding date :-)). We told Tammy that we wanted something special for my sister's birthday, and, because my sister was working at a planetarium at the time, we wanted a space cake. We showed Tammy a couple of pictures of things we found online but gave her a lot of freedom on how to make it look. The cake was BEYOND what we were ever expecting. Tammy delivered the cake to the rehearsal dinner restaurant, so we did not get to see it before it was brought out, but it was, by far, the most amazing cake I have ever seen. Tammy and Cakes by Kasarda made an absolutely beautiful and delicious wedding cake and also helped us surprise my sister on her birthday!! Thank you for helping to make our entire weekend perfect!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Caroline S

Tammy is so talented! I gave her a picture of what we wanted and she designed it even better! Her other dessert options were fabulous too! Everyone raved about the cakes for weeks! So delicious!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Kelly I

Our wedding cake was beautiful and exceeded our expectations. She was so nice and even offered a law enforcement discount! We would 100% recommend her cakes!!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Morgan R

My cake was a dream come true. I had no vision for what I wanted and my Groom had very picky taste. Not only was the cake absolutely beautiful, it tasted incredible too!! Tammy was so professional and personable. We LOVED working with her and we would highly recommend her to... Read More anyone looking for a beautiful cake!!

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Melissa B

I absolutely loved my wedding cake!! Hands down the best wedding cake I've ever tasted...gorgeous too.

Delicious wedding cake and cookie sandwiches

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Christa B

Tammy, Thank you so much for our beautiful wedding cake, the delicious flavors, and yummy oatmeal cookie sandwiches featuring the icings from our cake! The lace detail and monogram turned out more amazing than I ever could have imagined! Our tasting was a fantastic... Read More experience as well as got to taste a wide variety of cake flavors and frosting options. Tammy was very easy to work with and even did 2 custom flavor combinations. We did 2 other tastings in Charleston and eventually chose Cakes by Kasarda based on the taste and texture of her cakes/frostings (homemade and light/fluffy) and military discount.

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Jaime M

Our cupcakes were amazing! We did a few tastings at other places and the cupcakes were all too sweet and too heavy. Every place also only had certain cupcakes on certain days and that's what you needed to choose from. When we met with Tammy, in her wonderful little yellow house,... Read More she had a bunch of cake flavors, many frostings, and some other toppings (fruit drizzles & such). She gave us some pointers and advice on which cake goes with which frosting but then let us get crazy to mix & match flavors. We then got to choose which flavors we liked best. We did 200 cupcakes (50 each of 4 different flavors) and we got a cutting cake with another flavor. The cupcakes were so amazing! We even took a box of them with us on the plane when we left so we could eat more the next day. We definitely recommend Cakes by Kasarda.

Reviewed on 6/02/2015

My wedding cake wasn't a top priority to me. I was actually just going to get a cake from publix, but that would cost me a lot for poor quality. Therefore, the cake tasting began. I tried a lot of cakes in a 2 day period. Cakes by Kasarda was by far the best tasting cake and the... Read More best price. Another very reputable baker was twice as much with cakes that did not taste even close to as good as her's. Seriously, I didn't even think she was going to be as good as she was. She was amazing. Great design and great taste for an unbelievable great price

Tammy Pilch

Tammy has been perfecting her baking and pastry skills for more than 20 years, which afforded her the opportunity of being a member of the opening pastry team at the Sanctuary hotel on Kiawah Island Resort and commanding the kitchen at Kaminsky's dessert cafe here in Charleston. Her work is featured in many local and national publications such as Charleston Wedding Magazine and the Knot. Tammy earned the Knot's Best of Weddings Hall of Fame in 2014 and has achieved back-to-back honors from the Weddingwire.com's Couples' Choice Awards. In 2011, she was featured on the Cooking Channel's