An innovative + fresh approach to wedding planning

Calluna Events combines unique + stylish ideas with unparalleled organizational skills + exceptional attention to detail to create your perfect wedding. With over 10 years experience + an extensive network of vendors to fit your style + personality. Full-service planning to wedding day coordination!

Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Bow2010

1435 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder, CO

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Jessica S

There are so many spectacular places to create a dream wedding and so many details to consider. Through her work as a makeup artist, my LA-based daughter has had the opportunity to visit many amazing locations across the U.S. and, after considering a number of locations, she... Read More chose the historic Arizona Biltmore Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. While choosing a venue took some time, there was never any question about who would be her wedding coordinator. Having worked and lived in Colorado for several years, she had the pleasure of having worked alongside Heather Dwight of Calluna Events and considers her the best in the business. Most people think that hiring a local wedding coordinator for a destination wedding would be the most practical, safest and most cost effective thing to do. After all, wouldn’t someone “local” have access to more resources and be able to negotiate better contracts? Wouldn’t they be more available during the planning process and provide better organization and supervision during the actual wedding? Heather proved that that isn’t necessarily true. Over the years, Heather has perfected her craft and knows exactly what needs to be done to produce a successful event. Whether it is an intimate local party or a destination black-tie affair, she handles each event with precision while her calm demeanor puts everyone at ease. The result was a dream wedding for our daughter and son-in-law that went off without a hitch. There were no surprises – no cost overruns, no slipped schedules, no disappointments. The guests arrived to a string quartet; the ceremony began and ended on time, and after a lovely cocktail hour the guests were escorted into a show-stopping ballroom and greeted by a ten-piece band. After a fabulous dinner, guests danced the night away and captured memories at the photo booth. When the last guest left (well past midnight), Heather and her team supervised the relocation of the reception décor to another ballroom where the post-wedding brunch would be held the following morning. While all this was taking place, Heather and her team were nearly invisible working behind the scenes to make sure that the night was unforgettable and that our family would be able to enjoy every minute of the weekend festivities. The ceremony rehearsal was held the day before the wedding. Just before beginning, Heather took me aside and said, “From this moment on, you are a guest. If you have any concerns or need anything, just ask me.” I thought I was ready to do that but then she told me that I needed to take a moment, step aside and take it all in. She told me that after leaving the ceremony, I should visit the reception ballroom before heading to the cocktail hour. I needed to see the room before the crowd entered. It is this kind of insight that sets Heather apart as a Wedding/Event Coordinator. She understands the significance of these moments in our lives. I took her advice and will be forever grateful to her because these memories are imprinted in my mind and in my heart. Thank you, Heather, for making my daughter’s vision of her perfect wedding a reality and for leading me to a place that made it possible to capture these special moments. I will remember them for the rest of my life.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Gemma S

Heather and Francesca from Calluna are amazing. Their attention to detail is astonishing, and it is because of them that we had the most amazing wedding. Francesca's vendor recommendations were spot on and were key to creating the wedding that we both envisioned. She was also... Read More extremely organized, professional and friendly. I would recommend Francesca and Calluna in a heart beat, they truly made our day!

BEST WEDDING PLANNER IN COLORADO!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Kat R

I cannot say enough good things about Heather and her team at Calluna Events. This was hands down one of the best decisions that I made in the wedding planning process. She has so many amazing contacts in the business, and it is clear that everyone she works with loves and... Read More respects her. Heather is incredibly creative, has such a wonderful eye for detail, and always carries herself gracefully and with confidence. Even when it came down to the final moments before the wedding, she was so calm and easy to be around. I miss our daily e-mails and phone chats. I would highly recommend Calluna Events to any future brides. They are the best of the best!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

Heather was absolutely wonderful to work with on the planning of our wedding. We chose to get married on a ranch in Wyoming and from day one, Heather was in contact with the ranch's team, setting up site visits, and beginning to coordinate all of the details. She has an... Read More extensive number of vendors that she has worked with that she could recommend to us. We were blown away by the quality of the floral team, the photographers, and the stationary teams that she has worked with and their work was incredibly professional and top of the line. She has great working relationships with these folks too, so it felt like there was a good chemistry between our team on the days leading up to our wedding, and the day of the wedding. On our actual wedding day, Heather's calm and grounding energy went a long way to calm the inevitable nerves that came up. She was attentive to both the logistical details and emotional experience of bride, groom, and family. I would absolutely recommend working with Heather and her team; they are truly outstanding! We could not have envisioned a more beautiful wedding; she totally got our vision and made it a reality and dream come true.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Gracie D

Heather did a fantastic job with our wedding. We hired Calluna Events for Day-Of-Coordination and were so happy we did. We felt so taken care of from the big things to the small things, from the time we hired (9 months prior) to the very end. Heather is very professional and... Read More personable at the same time and her assistants were so sweet and very helpful. I highly recommend Calluna Events whether you need full planning, partial, or day-of. They know what they're doing! Thank you Calluna Events for making our wedding day even better than we could've imagined. xoxo, Gracie Swansinger

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Callie K

We worked with Heather at Calluna for our wedding and are so thankful that we did! Heather and her team are the perfect mix of professional and fun! I did not have to worry about a thing on the day of our wedding! I could just enjoy the day feeling calm and happy!

Reviewed on 4/04/2016

Heather listened to our dreams and goals, made them better and then turned them into reality. We met Heather in November without a venue or a clue about how to plan a wedding, but with a goal to bring family and friends together in a beautiful, rustic chic Colorado mountain... Read More community by late winter. She helped us select Dunton Hot Springs for our weekend getaway and then planned the entire wedding from start to finish. The results were magical. Our goal was to show our family how much we appreciated their love and support and to share how happy we were to be together. Everything about the entire wedding was put together with such attention to detail and care of our vision. Heather has the unique ability to select venue, vendors and design elements that pair perfectly together. There was not a single detail that felt out of place. Our guests were immediately taken care of with beautiful hand-designed guests bags with maps, directions, itinerary and all of the wonderful Colorado goodies, including hand illustrated wine bottles. Our wedding decor was beyond beautiful. The flowers, design, stemware, plates, chargers, custom dyed silk, lighting, chairs and everything in between was so unmistakable "Colorado rustic chic" it took our breath away. It all fit beautifully and was better than we had even imagined. Our photographers and videographers captured everything about that day so we can share it for years to come. Heather even arranged fireworks!!! We were able to fully enjoy our family and friends in this special place and had no stress while we planned the wedding or even during the entire weekend. Our dream team that Heather assembled made our special day truly a once in a lifetime experience and we will be forever grateful!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015

Professional, creative, trustworthy. Just a few ways I would describe Calluna after working with them for my own wedding. No detail was spared throughout the planning process, which gave me the confidence to relax on the big day. I will recommend Calluna to friends and family in... Read More the future.

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Mari Katherine R

Where do I even start!? Now that our wedding has passed I miss working with these ladies so much! The Calluna Events team makes wedding dreams come true. They are so professional, driven, genuine, creative and unique. The list goes on and on! I interviewed pretty much every... Read More planner that I could find in the state of Colorado and Calluna won my vote and heart from the beginning. My lead planner was Heather and she guided and believed in my vision from the beginning. Also did I mention I live in San Diego? Heather and Samatha were my ladies on the ground in Colorado making sure everything was on track and organized. I grew up in the small town of Craig, CO with a Big Fat Greek family and a guest list of 500 plus. With dreams to get married in my small church I grew up in, we set out on a mission to find a place to would host a glamorous celebration. Which is very hard to come by in NW CO. We tried and mapped out many different venues and nothing was working out. We had to change our venue plans five months before the wedding because our original venue wouldn’t fit all the people. So, the only place left if town was the local ice skating rink. Heather kept a positive attitude through the whole thing and kept pushing forward, especially during the times where I felt discouraged and overwhelmed by the idea of transforming the ice skating rink into a ballroom. On the day of my wedding, there we so many moments that I will always cherish and remember about Calluna. Including Heather removing a large grease stain that I got on the front of my dress second before walking down the aisle and reminding me to smile through it all. And, our late night dance party that we had to celebrate such an incredible accomplishment. I didn’t see the venue until the moment I walked in with my groom after our ceremony and I started crying and hugging Heather because it was absolutely breathtaking and more exquisite than I could have ever imagined. So many people have told me that even though our guest count was 500 people it felt as intimate as a 100 person wedding and many people have said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. It wouldn’t have been possible without Heather and her team. Calluna coordinated everything for our wedding reception, I was able to relax and enjoy every special moment. Something that I believe is priceless and that every bride should invest in. I’m so thankful for Calluna Events, Heather went from my wedding planner to a very special friend!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Natalie L

Working with Calluna was the best thing we could have done. We had a lot going on during our wedding planning season and Heather and Spice at Calluna made wedding planning a breeze. We had a lot of weird family dynamics adding into the mix and she made the day go so well.... Read More Between surgeries and cancer and new babies coming to the world all during a 9 month engagement it seemed hectic but Calluna was so helpful and really helped my vision in my head come out on paper. We had a pretty blank slate venue and they made the room come alive. We had so many compliments on our weeding. I would highly recommend this Calluna Events.

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Annie S

If you get the pleasure of working with Calluna you know your wedding will be absolutely flawless. Heather & team are professional, unflappable and literally the best in the business. BOOK CALLUNA.

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Jessica M

Anyone who says planning a wedding is stressful, obviously didn't work with Heather and her amazing crew at Calluna! I worked with Heather from the early planning stages of my wedding. She found our amazing venue, helped me develop a vision, recommended great vendors, and... Read More expertly mapped out the day of coordination. I knew I had a great wedding planner, but I didn't realize I had the BEST wedding planner until the weekend of the wedding. Heather went above and beyond. She even came up a night early to help run our rehearsal and brought 2 additional planners with her. I floated our wedding day, without a care in the world, because Heather and her team were working tirelessly behind the scenes to make everything seem effortless. I can't say enough about her patience, enthusiasm, and impeccable taste. She made our day perfect.

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Alexandra A

Calluna Events is awesome! We were getting married at The Four Seasons when the catering manager we were working with left a week and a half before the wedding! We were in a panic when Calluna stepped in and really wowed us! They were beyond professional and they were always... Read More right there when we needed them. They took care of all the details so we were able to enjoy our day to the fullest. They are dedicated to their work as wedding planners and it shows! I wish we had hired them from the get-go. I would highly recommend them to anyone for wedding planning. I can not say enough good things about them! Thank you Heather, Spice and the Calluna team for everything!

What a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Mary Agnes B

We married on our alpaca farm and hosted a sit down dinner for 120 people. Calluna worked with us on everything and helped make our day perfect! The feedback from friends and family was universal - our wedding was one of the most beautiful our guests had ever attended. We... Read More couldn't have done it without the Calluna staff. All we had to do was describe what we wanted and they took care of the rest. I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation. Large or small weddings, these women know what they're doing and will work to make everything perfect. Loved them!

Reviewed on 7/25/2015

Our daughter’s beautiful wedding took place last weekend at the Vail Wedding Deck and Donovan Pavilion in Vail, Colorado. As you might imagine with 2 venues, the logistics were a bit tricky, and the weather made it even more complicated. Fortunately for us, we had Heather... Read More Dwight leading the team from Calluna Events. Heather, Gabby and Spice flawlessly pulled everything together. These ladies are true pros at what they do. They kept everyone on track beginning the night before at the rehearsal and continuing through the day of the wedding. They were masters at coordinating all the vendors and kept the reception flowing while remaining unobtrusive in the background. Well done, ladies! Thank you so, so much. It was a great experience and I only wish I had another daughter so together we could do this all over again!

Reviewed on 7/25/2015

Our daughter's beautiful wedding took place last weekend at the Vail Wedding Deck and Donovan Pavilion in Vail, Colorado. As you might imagine with 2 venues, the logistics were a bit tricky, and the weather made it even more complicated. Fortunately for us, we had Heather... Read More Dwight leading the team from Calluna Events. Heather, Gabby, and Spice flawlessly pulled everything together. These ladies are true pros at what they do. They kept everyone on track beginning the night before at the rehearsal and continuing through the day of the wedding. They were masters at coordinating all the vendors and kept the reception flowing while remaining unobtrusive in the background. Well done, ladies! Thank you so, so much. It was a great experience and I only wish I had another daughter so together we could do this all over again! Patrice L.

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Molly G

We would work with Calluna again in a heartbeat. Beyond recommending the best vendors, they gave us the greatest gift -- we were able to completely enjoy our wedding day. They listened to us so well throughout the planning process that when our wedding weekend arrived, they took... Read More over all of the planning and logistics and allowed us to be fully present with each other, our family, and our friends. Not only were we happily and totally immersed in the celebration, but Calluna did such a fabulous job bringing our wedding vision to life. If any hiccups happened behind the scenes, we had no idea! It was the perfect wedding for us, and it certainly wouldn’t have been the same without Heather and the Calluna team.

A pleasure to work with!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Christine S

Calluna was extremely helpful and professional. It was such a relief knowing they were in charge of everything on the wedding day. The whole day from start to finish could not have gone smoother. Great knowledge/relationships with CO vendors and great style! They staff was... Read More so friendly and experienced. I highly recommend using Calluna Events for all of your Colorado wedding needs!

Calluna helped make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 2/22/2015 Geri L

I would highly recommend hiring Calluna for wedding planning in the CO area. Our planner helped coordinated vendors, and was especially helpfule when we were having trouble gettting in touch with specific vendors to resolve issues. Our planner was especially helpful on the day... Read More of, making sure that small problems were taken care of quickly and without stress. We couldn't have done it without them!

Wedding Planner Bliss!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Kelly B

Growing up you always picture your wedding day as being the best day of your life and you think of where you want it to be, what you’ll be wearing, etc. What you don’t think of is how much work it will be to plan and pull it off! There is so much that goes into a wedding and I... Read More had no idea before planning my own. Hiring Calluna Events was the best decision I made when planning our wedding! It was so great to have someone who is so well connected and knows everything there is to know about weddings on our side! Jolene made great recommendations for us and I feel like she really understood what we wanted our special day to be like! I can’t tell you what a relief it is to know that on the day of your wedding everything is being taken care of according to our plan! I can confidently say that my wedding day was the best day of my life and I have to give credit to Jolene for making it all happen! I highly recommend Calluna Events for any event you’re planning!

photographer loving working with Calluna Events

Reviewed on 10/09/2014

I am a photographer and have worked with Calluna Events at a couple of weddings. The weddings have gone so smoothly. It was obvious by the detailed schedule and timeline I received before the wedding how much time and energy Calluna Events put into organizing the day. On the day... Read More of the weddings Calluna Events was there organizing everything - but the weddings felt laid back and organic. Only a great event planner can make the day go perfectly yet have it feel like no effort or stress. The attention to details on the decor for both weddings was also beautifully and creatively done. They made my job so much easier keeping me alert to all that was going on. Looking forward to more weddings together.

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Sloan S

As soon as we made the decision to plan a destination wedding in Colorado while living in New York, we knew that we would need to hire a planner to be our eyes and ears on the ground. We worked with Jolene Greenbaum Peterson at Calluna, and she was an absolute dream! Jolene... Read More did a masterful job of coordinating all of the pieces for our ceremony and reception (which was no small task - a tented ceremony in the middle of a field with no electricity or running water for 230 people). Jolene helped us find the perfect vendors, came up with creative and beautiful ideas to solve problems that popped up along the way, and brought a contagious excitement and energy to the planning process. And most importantly, I can't imagine feeling more calm or relaxed than we felt when the wedding weekend finally came. We knew that Jolene had everything covered - she did a beautiful job of coordinating the vendors, directing the guests, and calming the bride from behind the scenes. Even when a wind storm blew over flowers, name cards, and easels, Jolene handled it all effortlessly. Working with Jolene and Calluna was absolutely one of the highlights of the wedding for us!

Calluna Events is Amazing

Reviewed on 9/25/2014

I could literally list hundreds of reasons why Calluna Events and Heather Dwight are so amazing. Put as concisely as possible, it cannot be easy to take a couple's vision and make it real, but that is exactly what Calluna did. Heather knows all the best vendors, has fabulous... Read More taste & is incredibly organized. Heather & her team ran everything the day of the wedding. Not having to deal with one issue or oversee the set-up of the tent, dinner, flowers, ceremony, or reception cannot be valued. Everyone hears the day-of horror stories - this doesn't happen with Calluna. The whole experience was perfect. We loved Heather and knew that she truly cared about the wedding. We could not have asked for anything more.

Meredith and Johs. Wedding

Reviewed on 9/25/2014

Calluna events could not have been more helpful in getting us ready for our big day. They helped make sure we crossed every T and dotted every I with the right details that we might have missed. They were conscientious of our budget and understood what we were trying to achieve.... Read More With their great experience they were able to offer us many great ideas on how to schedule the day, who we might need to talk to in preparation, how we might want to decorate...overall they know this business inside and out and made it feel as natural and special as it should be. We highly recommend them as they will listen to your needs and help you achieve what you set out to in making your wedding very much your own.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Lauren C

We used Jolene Greenbaum Peterson at Calluna, and I have only good things to say. She was very easy to work with, organized, and had connections with great vendors. I absolutely couldn't have done the wedding without her, and recommend Jolene and Calluna Events without... Read More reservation! A +++++