An innovative + fresh approach to wedding planning

Calluna Events combines unique + stylish ideas with unparalleled organizational skills + exceptional attention to detail to create your perfect wedding. With over 10 years experience + an extensive network of vendors to fit your style + personality. Full-service planning to wedding day coordination!

$$$

Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Bow2010

1435 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder, CO

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Jessica S

There are so many spectacular places to create a dream wedding and so many details to consider. Through her work as a makeup artist, my LA-based daughter has had the opportunity to visit many amazing locations across the U.S. and, after considering a number of locations, she chose the historic Arizona Biltmore Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. While choosing a venue took some time, there was never any question about who would be her wedding coordinator. Having worked and lived in Colorado for several years, she had the pleasure of having worked alongside Heather Dwight of Calluna Events and considers her the best in the business. Most people think that hiring a local wedding coordinator for a destination wedding would be the most practical, safest and most cost effective thing to do. After all, wouldn’t someone “local” have access to more resources and be able to negotiate better contracts? Wouldn’t they be more available during the planning process and provide better organization and supervision during the actual wedding? Heather proved that that isn’t necessarily true. Over the years, Heather has perfected her craft and knows exactly what needs to be done to produce a successful event. Whether it is an intimate local party or a destination black-tie affair, she handles each event with precision while her calm demeanor puts everyone at ease. The result was a dream wedding for our daughter and son-in-law that went off without a hitch. There were no surprises – no cost overruns, no slipped schedules, no disappointments. The guests arrived to a string quartet; the ceremony began and ended on time, and after a lovely cocktail hour the guests were escorted into a show-stopping ballroom and greeted by a ten-piece band. After a fabulous dinner, guests danced the night away and captured memories at the photo booth. When the last guest left (well past midnight), Heather and her team supervised the relocation of the reception décor to another ballroom where the post-wedding brunch would be held the following morning. While all this was taking place, Heather and her team were nearly invisible working behind the scenes to make sure that the night was unforgettable and that our family would be able to enjoy every minute of the weekend festivities. The ceremony rehearsal was held the day before the wedding. Just before beginning, Heather took me aside and said, “From this moment on, you are a guest. If you have any concerns or need anything, just ask me.” I thought I was ready to do that but then she told me that I needed to take a moment, step aside and take it all in. She told me that after leaving the ceremony, I should visit the reception ballroom before heading to the cocktail hour. I needed to see the room before the crowd entered. It is this kind of insight that sets Heather apart as a Wedding/Event Coordinator. She understands the significance of these moments in our lives. I took her advice and will be forever grateful to her because these memories are imprinted in my mind and in my heart. Thank you, Heather, for making my daughter’s vision of her perfect wedding a reality and for leading me to a place that made it possible to capture these special moments. I will remember them for the rest of my life.

Best Planner in Colorado

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 jandee t

Heather is AMAZING! My husband and I had the daunting task of planning a Colorado Mountain Wedding from Florida, so hiring a planner was a no-brainer for us. I had read incredible reviews of Heather and her team at Calluna and was eager to meet her. We were instantly drawn to her calm demeanor and immaculate style and hired her right away. Heather has so much experience we knew that any crazy obstacle that popped up along the way we would be in good hands. Every vendor she recommended was a perfect fit for us, and she orchestrated them in an amazing graceful way. The team of vendors we ended up with was absolutely incredible and Heather has made a great name for herself in the Boulder events community. She works with absolutely the best people around! She listened to everything we had to say about what we envisioned, helped us keep it realistic in terms of our budget, and gave us a super detailed comprehensive timeline catered to us. She provided an outline for a beautiful non-denominational ceremony which we were able to use and tweak to match to our own personal vision. She helped us collaborate with our florist and baker to create something wonderful from barely an idea to start with. The week and especially the day of our wedding she was phenomenal! From last minute linen changes, to orchestrating a perfect rehearsal. She worked so hard behind the scenes and created such a beautiful wedding working with all of our vendors. When I walked in the reception space I was blown away! She took what I had to say and created a fairy tale. The only thing I had to worry about was getting myself pretty. I even forgot to take my vows off my cell phone 30 minutes before the ceremony she found a way to print them out for me without batting an eye. She was perfectly supportive, never pushy. It was all about us, and I can't thank her enough. Heather is a lovely, wonderful person, and the best at what she does! I loved every minute of the planning experience thanks to her.

Colorado's Finest

Reviewed on 9/14/2013 Maris G

I knew choosing my wedding planner would be one of the most important decisions I would need to make throughout the planning process. I spent weeks reading blogs, websites, testimonials, magazines and I kept seeing "Calluna Events" everywhere. We all do it--spend hours looking at wedding pictures of complete strangers for inspiration--and the weddings I found most inspiring were always credited to Heather. From our very first introductory call to our day after brunch Heather was outstanding; she is an excellent listener and works magic translating your ideas (however fuzzy) into beautiful, integrated settings that reflect your personality and make your guests feel special and ready to celebrate. I am a laid back person myself, so I apprecaited that Heather wasn't overly precious or excitable. She has a very pragmatic and organized approach, which kept me calm and focused on the important things. I knew she would be there when I needed her, but she was never heavy-handed or a distraction. Our wedding was above and beyond what I ever could have imagined. The vendors that Heather helped us select were amazing and a perfect fit for our style. Several of them told me that I had chosen the 'the best planner in Colorado.' This was completely unsolicited and Heather would never say this about herself because she is far too humble. Now I can say without a doubt: SHE IS THE BEST! The number one advice I would give to couples planning their wedding is to make sure it reflects the two of you as a couple; your favorite hobbies, style, colors, food, etc. This will make the planning process fun and your guests will recognize and appreciate the personal touches immediately. I never once felt like Heather was trying to push me towards a 'cookie-cutter' wedding; she helped us create something unique and perfectly 'us' with memories and stories we will be sharing for years to come.

Reviewed on 7/25/2015

Our daughter's beautiful wedding took place last weekend at the Vail Wedding Deck and Donovan Pavilion in Vail, Colorado. As you might imagine with 2 venues, the logistics were a bit tricky, and the weather made it even more complicated. Fortunately for us, we had Heather Dwight leading the team from Calluna Events. Heather, Gabby, and Spice flawlessly pulled everything together. These ladies are true pros at what they do. They kept everyone on track beginning the night before at the rehearsal and continuing through the day of the wedding. They were masters at coordinating all the vendors and kept the reception flowing while remaining unobtrusive in the background. Well done, ladies! Thank you so, so much. It was a great experience and I only wish I had another daughter so together we could do this all over again! Patrice L.

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Molly G

We would work with Calluna again in a heartbeat. Beyond recommending the best vendors, they gave us the greatest gift -- we were able to completely enjoy our wedding day. They listened to us so well throughout the planning process that when our wedding weekend arrived, they took over all of the planning and logistics and allowed us to be fully present with each other, our family, and our friends. Not only were we happily and totally immersed in the celebration, but Calluna did such a fabulous job bringing our wedding vision to life. If any hiccups happened behind the scenes, we had no idea! It was the perfect wedding for us, and it certainly wouldn’t have been the same without Heather and the Calluna team.

A pleasure to work with!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Christine S

Calluna was extremely helpful and professional. It was such a relief knowing they were in charge of everything on the wedding day. The whole day from start to finish could not have gone smoother. Great knowledge/relationships with CO vendors and great style! They staff was so friendly and experienced. I highly recommend using Calluna Events for all of your Colorado wedding needs!

Calluna helped make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 2/22/2015 Geri L

I would highly recommend hiring Calluna for wedding planning in the CO area. Our planner helped coordinated vendors, and was especially helpfule when we were having trouble gettting in touch with specific vendors to resolve issues. Our planner was especially helpful on the day of, making sure that small problems were taken care of quickly and without stress. We couldn't have done it without them!

Wedding Planner Bliss!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Kelly B

Growing up you always picture your wedding day as being the best day of your life and you think of where you want it to be, what you’ll be wearing, etc. What you don’t think of is how much work it will be to plan and pull it off! There is so much that goes into a wedding and I had no idea before planning my own. Hiring Calluna Events was the best decision I made when planning our wedding! It was so great to have someone who is so well connected and knows everything there is to know about weddings on our side! Jolene made great recommendations for us and I feel like she really understood what we wanted our special day to be like! I can’t tell you what a relief it is to know that on the day of your wedding everything is being taken care of according to our plan! I can confidently say that my wedding day was the best day of my life and I have to give credit to Jolene for making it all happen! I highly recommend Calluna Events for any event you’re planning!

photographer loving working with Calluna Events

Reviewed on 10/09/2014

I am a photographer and have worked with Calluna Events at a couple of weddings. The weddings have gone so smoothly. It was obvious by the detailed schedule and timeline I received before the wedding how much time and energy Calluna Events put into organizing the day. On the day of the weddings Calluna Events was there organizing everything - but the weddings felt laid back and organic. Only a great event planner can make the day go perfectly yet have it feel like no effort or stress. The attention to details on the decor for both weddings was also beautifully and creatively done. They made my job so much easier keeping me alert to all that was going on. Looking forward to more weddings together.

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Sloan S

As soon as we made the decision to plan a destination wedding in Colorado while living in New York, we knew that we would need to hire a planner to be our eyes and ears on the ground. We worked with Jolene Greenbaum Peterson at Calluna, and she was an absolute dream! Jolene did a masterful job of coordinating all of the pieces for our ceremony and reception (which was no small task - a tented ceremony in the middle of a field with no electricity or running water for 230 people). Jolene helped us find the perfect vendors, came up with creative and beautiful ideas to solve problems that popped up along the way, and brought a contagious excitement and energy to the planning process. And most importantly, I can't imagine feeling more calm or relaxed than we felt when the wedding weekend finally came. We knew that Jolene had everything covered - she did a beautiful job of coordinating the vendors, directing the guests, and calming the bride from behind the scenes. Even when a wind storm blew over flowers, name cards, and easels, Jolene handled it all effortlessly. Working with Jolene and Calluna was absolutely one of the highlights of the wedding for us!

Calluna Events is Amazing

Reviewed on 9/25/2014

I could literally list hundreds of reasons why Calluna Events and Heather Dwight are so amazing. Put as concisely as possible, it cannot be easy to take a couple's vision and make it real, but that is exactly what Calluna did. Heather knows all the best vendors, has fabulous taste & is incredibly organized. Heather & her team ran everything the day of the wedding. Not having to deal with one issue or oversee the set-up of the tent, dinner, flowers, ceremony, or reception cannot be valued. Everyone hears the day-of horror stories - this doesn't happen with Calluna. The whole experience was perfect. We loved Heather and knew that she truly cared about the wedding. We could not have asked for anything more.

Meredith and Johs. Wedding

Reviewed on 9/25/2014

Calluna events could not have been more helpful in getting us ready for our big day. They helped make sure we crossed every T and dotted every I with the right details that we might have missed. They were conscientious of our budget and understood what we were trying to achieve. With their great experience they were able to offer us many great ideas on how to schedule the day, who we might need to talk to in preparation, how we might want to decorate...overall they know this business inside and out and made it feel as natural and special as it should be. We highly recommend them as they will listen to your needs and help you achieve what you set out to in making your wedding very much your own.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Lauren C

We used Jolene Greenbaum Peterson at Calluna, and I have only good things to say. She was very easy to work with, organized, and had connections with great vendors. I absolutely couldn't have done the wedding without her, and recommend Jolene and Calluna Events without reservation! A +++++

Stress Free Wedding Day

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Lesley B

Heather is amazing! My Groom and I were able to be relaxed on our wedding day knowing Heather and her team had all the details covered. Even when we had to move things around last minute due to weather, everything worked out perfectly. Thank you again for all your help in making my pinterest board come to life! The best part is they offer a la carte services to match any need/budget.

Best Investment Ever!!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Heather W

First off, Jolene Greenbaum Peterson is a saint. Anyone who was at our wedding will tell you that, and they didn't know one tenth of what she did behind the scenes. Apart from being just a sweet, compassionate person who clearly loves her job, she is incredibly professional, punctual, reliable, creative, and expects nothing less from the vendors she works with to make your wedding perfect. I should start by mentioning some of the obstacles she had to deal with right off the bat. My fiancé (now husband) and I decided we wanted a Lord of the Rings meets Game of Thrones themed wedding - complete with costumed guests. We wanted every detail from medieval chairs for the ceremony to a dragon and phoenix themed cake to custom-made armor for the groom and all his groomsmen, and we wanted it all to take place in a castle in the mountains. Add on to that an obsessive/compulsive detail-crazy bride and you have a recipe most coordinators wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole. Jolene never flinched. For an entire year worked with us to get everything just right. She went to vendor meetings, negotiated contracts, came up with spectacular ideas, and answered every single email (of which there were hundreds). She always took my calls and kept me abreast of her schedule, and she had an uncanny way of turning me on to the perfect vendor for all our weird and out-of-the-box needs. I had to keep reminding myself that we weren't the only wedding she was planning because she was so willing to devote the time and energy whenever we needed her. It always felt like we were her top priority. Then on the day of, the skies opened up and our outdoor wedding had to be hastily relocated indoors. But somehow Jolene made it all happen seamlessly, as though we'd planned it that way all along. I never had to feel stressed or anxious about anything because Jolene had the entire massive production completely under control. I cannot recommend Calluna Events enough for Jolene alone. Their prices are incredibly reasonable for the services and dedication you get, and I will fully admit that I could not have done it without them. They were the best investment of the entire wedding. Whether you are planning something small and traditional or something as grandiose and unconventional as our wedding, you will not regret hiring Calluna for one second.

A Groom's Perspective

Reviewed on 9/17/2013

Heather and the Calluna Events team were top-notch to work with. As the groom, my role was less hands on at first, but as the big day neared I was impressed with how well-coordinated, stress-free, and drama-free Heather and her team made everything. Several people have mentioned this in their own reviews, and I have to absolutely agree: Heather exudes calm professionalism. This is perhaps her single greatest trait--most planners we spoke to were a little over the top and too high strung for our personalities. Heather was the perfect fit for us. She simply got things done--lined up vendors for consideration, facilitated decisions, organized event details, etc--in a timely and thorough manner without any stress or drama. I appreciated how at ease Heather and the Calluna Events team made our whole wedding party. Every question had been anticipated and addressed. All contingencies and "Plan Bs" and even "Plan Cs" had also been thought out. In short, Calluna Events made it easy to enjoy the weekend without worrying about the chaotic behind-the-scenes logistics that come with every wedding. I think the thing that speaks best for Heather and her team is the high regard that every single vendor has for Calluna Events. Every single vendor we spoke to (including those we ultimately didn't select for the weekend) had nothing but great things to say about working with Calluna. The most common sentiment we heard was: "Heather is hands down the best in Colorado". My new wife and I fully agree. Thank you Heather and Calluna Events team!

Beautiful Taste & Calming Presence Result in Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Sarah M

When looking at event planners, you want a team that can properly plan and handle what seem like trivial details, but eventually turn into the foundation for a flawless experience for your guests. You also want trusted advisers who can translate your vague thoughts and feelings into implementable ideas using creativity, excellent taste, and a rolodex of talented collaborators. Finally, equally important is the management on the day of the event. Calluna Events does all that. Heather and Jolene have a calmness and a gravity that you look for on what can be the most chaotic day of your life. Using the perfect mixture of elegance and unassuming hospitality, Calluna gave us the perfect wedding that our guests are still talking about months later. Every detail was impeccably appointed, allowing us to focus our attention on our guests, and their experience with us on the most important day of our lives.

Piece of Mind!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Catherine V

I was first introduced to Gabbie with Calluna Events at a friend’s wedding and was immediately impressed with her organization and composure. When I got engaged a few months later and starting planning my own wedding I contacted Gabbie to see if she could help me on my BIG DAY. She worked with me to create a tailored service that met my weddings needs. She put together a week of schedule - including a VERY detailed wedding day timeline, followed up with my other vendors, attended catering meetings, helped plan the reception lay-out, hung decorations, ran errands the day of, and kept us all in order on the BIG DAY. I had piece of mind with her at the wheel. Calluna Events is worth it for any bride to be.

The perfect day created by the perfect planner

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Suzanna P

I can honestly say Heather Dwight and Calluna Events saved our wedding and made it the most memorable day of our lives. Four months before I married my love of nine years, our wedding venue we had booked prior to meeting with Heather canceled. We were living in a different state at the time and I was panicking. Heather very calmly took charge, using her amazing contacts and relationships, as well as her fantastic taste , and found us the perfect location and the best vendors while being very budget conscious. After finding the location, Heather and her staff helped everything fall into place and instead of stressing, we were able to enjoy the process. The day was more than we could have ever dreamed of, it was perfect. I am a very type A personality and I like to be in control, but I trusted Calluna Events completely. Just knowing Heather and her staff were there allowed me to enjoy myself and not worry about any of the details. I know throughout this time Heather had many clients, but we always felt like we were the only one. I would and do recommend her to anyone!

Professional & CALM!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Connie D

Heather and team from Calluna Events are the best of the best! There is so, so much that goes into planning and designing a wedding. Heather is so calm and professional, that even if there was a hiccup, you and the guests would never know! They are absolutely amazing, creative, and are highly recommended!

Professional, Creative and Great People

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Erika H

Heather and Jolene with Calluna Events have been a joy to work with! Besides being very open and friendly people, they are extremely professional in everything that they do. If you pick these ladies to do your wedding, you can kick back and enjoy the whole experience - from planning to actually getting married. They go beyond all expectations. I would recommend getting their full service package where they help you through the whole process and not just the day of. They know how to pick the right vendors. They're also great at creating personal and fun parts to your wedding that you might not have ever thought of on your own. I know that this is a lot of praise, but they are simply that great!

Made My Daughter So Happy!

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Robert G

Calluna Events helped bring my daughter's dream wedding to life. I know she was very busy while wrapping up school and starting a new full time job, so the extra support from such an organized and professional team made all of our lives that much better! I will say that I didn't even know what a wedding planner was until my daughter got married. Now, I truly don't know what we would have done without one. It was so nice to be treated like a guest at this wedding (even though we were the hosts) and not have to lift a finger the entire wedding weekend. We highly recommend letting Calluna Events take over for the weekend - from the Rehearsal Dinner to the Brunch. Money well spent!

Wedding in Boulder

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Sarah G

Jolene and Heather at Calluna Events helped me plan my wedding at The St. Julien in Boulder. They helped us figure out the best way to maximize our guest space (over 200) for the event and were a dream to work with. For each decision we had to make we were giving over 5 different options and if none of the options were what we wanted we were given 10 more. They made wedding planning seem like a breeze and truly know how to plan a party. Thank you so much for all of your help and for making our wedding the perfect day!

The Best Wedding Planner Ever!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 natalie t

I was so happy when I found Calluna. Heather was so personable and friendly when I met her seven months before my wedding I knew I had to work with Calluna. Things got even better when we were assigned Jolene as our day of planner. Jolene had so many amazing recommendations, ideas, organizational, and decorative tips that made planning easier and the wedding day so special! She was always attentive promptly returning emails and phone calls. The wedding process and the big day ran so smoothly that it made it so easily to enjoy friends, family, and my new husband!

Calluna is the Best!

Reviewed on 12/12/2012 Donna R

Hiring Heather and Calluna events to plan our wedding was truly a great decision! We planned our wedding in just three short months, and although there are more moving parts than we ever could have imagined, with Heather’s knowledge, guidance, and confidence, and sense of calm, it was actually a relatively stress free and fun process! The week of our wedding, we had a very unexpected weather change(it dropped from 80 degrees and sunny to 34 degrees and flurrying snow), and were completely panicked that our vision of a beautiful “Fall” wedding would, all of a sudden, not be a possibility. BUT, Heather and her team remained calm, rallied (BIG TIME) together with all of our vendors, and were able to stay completely true to our vision! We put our trust into her to make our day as incredible as we had dreamed, despite some pretty big obstacles, and we were were NOT disappointed! In fact, our wedding was even better than we imagined, and we would not do it any differently. Thank you Calluna!

TO Calluna Events