Camp Lucy

Dripping Springs, TX

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Texas Hill Country's wedding destination!

Stunning Texas Hill Country venues for unforgettable weddings including our legendary Ian's Chapel which includes a French Colonial chapel, Events Hall, pavilion, Great Lawn and more, and our magical Sacred Oaks venue which includes a tree canopied ceremony site, Great Hall, Bell Tower, and more.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

3509 Creek Road, Dripping Springs, TX

Beyond Personal Experience

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Cassie A

I knew from the moment my fiancé and I drove into Camp Lucy that we had found our perfect venue. From the beautiful view, secluded spaces and the friendliest staff we were hooked. We also utilized Whim Catering, Whim Floral and stayed in the Cottages the night before. All 3... Read More of these services went above and beyond my expectations! All in all, I simply can't recommend Camp Lucy enough- it's an experience that will make your dreams come true!

April Showers? Not on OUR day!

Reviewed on 4/16/2014

I had been looking at Camp Lucy since it first opened, this April we finally said "I do" and we are so glad to have had it at the Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy. The site in itself was exquisite, decorations were minimal for us because the scenery itself made it just that romantic and... Read More intimate. We had numerous compliments from our guests about how beautiful the site was, how delicious Whim Catering was, and the staff was so professional. My questions were answered in a timely manner and they woked alot with us on what we wanted. Even though we were only allowed to use their catering and their bartenders, everything turned out fantastic. This is a gorgeous location to have even just the smallest wedding, with it's stunning view of dripping springs' classic hill country, you won't be disapointed!

Beautiful - RAIN or shine!

Reviewed on 3/25/2014 Taylor F

I got married at Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy early this March. My experience was awesome. It POURED on my wedding day. The venue let me wait out the entire day to see if the rain would hold up for my ceremony time, and I didn't make the decision to move it inside until 45 minutes... Read More before the start of the ceremony. Tammy and Kaley from Camp Lucy were very understanding and supportive, and they helped make my suddenly indoor ceremony perfect. Despite my missing out on those gorgeous twinkling lights hanging from the Oak Grove, my wedding was still incredible. The rain let up after the ceremony, so the outdoor photos were awesome with the wet scenery! Loved my experience with Camp Lucy!

Stunning Venue

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Shelby H

Everyone that attended my wedding kept going on and on about what a perfect venue Camp Lucy was. We were blessed with perfect weather and the ceremony under the trees at Sacred Oaks was exactly what I had hoped for. All the staff, especially Lindsay Blackwell & Shelby... Read More Hawkins were so attentive making sure that we had everything we needed throughout the day. The money we spent on this venue was definitely worth it. I wouldn't want to have my wedding anywhere else.

If you are not stunned by the beauty of Camp Lucy you must be blind.

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Haley H

In one word Amazing. Literally every guest at the wedding spoke of how beautiful the venue is and how amazing the food was at dinner. We had some foodie's at our wedding who commented that this is not you run of the mill wedding food. It was delicious I would LOVE the recipe for... Read More the green chile macaroni and cheese. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and has multiple places to take great photos. The staff does not disappoint. I dealt with multiple people at Camp Lucy and each was more helpful than the last. The staff helped setup my wedding and helped break it down and with clean up. It took 20 minutes to be out of the venue at the end of the night (crazy fast if you have ever done this you know!). The only minor complaint is in the process of being fixed- billing. We had to pay each department separately which got confusing but they are in the process of streamlining this. The on site cabins are to die for. We will be spending anniversaries in the cabins. Our bridal party and family stayed the night before the wedding and we had great bonding time at the camp fire making smores. If I could do it all over again I would still absolutely get married at Camp Lucy.

Camp Lucy is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Kimberly O

Camp Lucy is the best place to get married! They were super professional and helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process! The venue itself is stunning and was the perfect place to get married! I highly recommend!

The Best Wedding Coordinator on the Planet!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Lauren S

Lindsey Blackwell was our assigned wedding coordinator through Camp Lucy, and my family and I couldn't have been more pleased with her services throughout the wedding planning process. Everything from her warmth, her evident investment in what she does, a genuine passion to... Read More help her clients and a complete willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty made Lindsey an invaluable part of our wedding planning process. She made herself available as often as I needed, and if she didn't answer a phone call she would always respond back with 24 hours either with a text or an email or a phone call. Even when we ran into snags with the venue itself and the delivery of certain items Lindsey jumped through hoops to try and accommodate what we needed, going so far as personally volunteering herself to pick up things like alcohol, etc. I definitely feel like we got WAY more than we paid for with Lindsey. People always advised us to get a wedding coordinator and I'm so glad we did, but more than that I'm grateful it was Lindsey and not just anyone. She was absolutely fantastic to work with. I don't think I would have survived the wedding sane without her help and steadying influence, truly. And I'm confident my family and now husband would agree. There really aren't enough emoji's to express our gratitude to Lindsey Blackwell!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Ami

SOO BEAUTIFUL! Camp Lucy was the best place ever to get married! The staff is helpful and everything was completely perfect! We were both so happy with how everything turned out! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Casey C

Facilities are great for hosting a large wedding. I highly recommend using Whim Catering as well (onsite warm cooked meal). I chose Ian's Chapel and have no regrets. The pavilion is wonderful for cocktail hour. The works for rain as well. Kristen White was the wedding... Read More coordinator-she was fantastic on making the event flow.

GORGEOUS venue with AMAZING staff!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Taylor E

My husband and I took almost 1 year to find the perfect ceremony and reception venue for our wedding. When we walked onto the Sacred Oaks premises at Camp Lucy we just knew--and booked asap! The ceremony site is a stunning backdrop of oak trees that are beautifully lit at night... Read More with a dramatic (but not too dramatic) long aisle. the reception hall is enormous and so elegant. Shelby was our day-of coordinator and she was fabulous! She followed up with me leading up to the wedding and herself as well as Andrea were blessings in disguise when we had some major unexpected issues arise. Their main concern was always making sure my event was how I envisioned it. I am so thankful to the great people working at Camp Lucy that we have been able to interact with, it makes a stunning venue stand out even more. And people are STILL sending me messages regarding how great the food was--and it was!! Chef Rob and his team delivered a culinary experience unlike any other wedding I've seen or participated in! And that says a lot coming from a group of people in the restaurant business. I cannot recommend Camp Lucy enough!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Lauren P

Camp Lucy was our absolute dream venue! From the second we stepped out of the car, we knew that we would be getting married at Ian's Chapel. All of the staff were exceptional. They took the time to show that they truly cared about every detail. Sabrina and Lindsay were such a... Read More blessing and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. It is the PERFECT venue. I wish we could do it all over again!

Great venue, food and staff but a little pricey

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Jennifer L

We had our wedding at Camp Lucy last Sunday. Overall we were very impressed with their staff, the venue and the food. They definitely came through to make our wedding a smashing success! Our guests constantly mentioned to us how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food... Read More tasted, the best food they had ever had at a wedding. We did have moments during our planning when we questioned our decision to book Camp Lucy as our venue because we felt nickle-and-dimed by them. We didn't realize when we booked that our catering bill (you have to use Camp Lucy catering) would have a staffing fee that would double our bill. They also had a lot of other charges that we thought would have been included when booking the venue. One example, their florist, which is located about 30 ft from the event hall, had a 20% service charge whereas the local florist we went through located in downtown Austin only had a 11% service charge and didn't charge for delivery. All in all, we are very happy with our Camp Lucy wedding and probably would not change anything.

Gorgeous but expensive

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Alexandra T

Camp Lucy is a gorgeous venue. We had Sacred Oaks and, although it rained all day, the staff was constantly around to make sure everything was in order. The caveat to all this was that Camp Lucy was, in our opinion, very expensive. I'm bummed that it rained all day so we didn't... Read More get to enjoy the outdoor section of our venue but that isn't their fault. The extra expenses come from having to use their rentals and catering, which I wasn't completely impressed with during our planning process. Overall, I would recommend Camp Lucy.

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Brittnee D

I am so happy that we chose Camp Lucy for our May 16th wedding. I could not have asked for a more perfect venue and event staff. Camp Lucy won me over with their Sacred Oaks venue. I'm pretty sure I cried when I first saw it. I'm from the East Texas area and we were looking for... Read More a "Texas Destination" wedding. I'm so happy I stumbled upon them. From the 1st meeting the staff was so friendly and involved in my planning process. We used all the amenities that Camp Lucy had to offer: Florals, Catering, Coordination, Rentals, etc. It was WONDERFUL to have everything all in one place, especially being from out of town. Stephanie was my event coordinator and WOW did she do an amazing job. Everything went so smoothly from start to finish. She gave us so many referrals to help make our day extra special. I did not feel stressed or worried for one minute at my wedding. She truly went above and beyond. Florals were fantastic. They did an amazing job of bringing my vision to life. Rentals had it all. They were so helpful and knowledgeable of everything that we might need and were great at helping us make selections. The catering department is phenomenal. The food choices are magnificent and so many guest told us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. I cannot say enough great things about Camp Lucy. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them to everyone!

Couldn't have imagined a better wedding

Reviewed on 5/24/2015 Erika L

We recently were married at Camp Lucy, Ian's Chapel. The event space is beautiful, the grounds are picturesque and the staff is helpful and ensure that everything moved smoothly. We picked Camp Lucy because we fell in love at first sight--even with the high price tag--we were... Read More so happy with our decision. It would have been a perfect day with all our friends and family around, but being at Camp Lucy was like the cherry on top. Couldn't have been happier!

Beautiful Sophistication of Camp Lucy

Reviewed on 3/27/2015

Camp Lucy is truly a wonderful wedding venue!! Everything is the highest level of beautiful sophistication. From Ian's chapel with its romantic richness and carved beamed ceiling to the charming bridal suite. The gorgeous grounds create a stunning backdrop for wedding... Read More pictures. The staff was always available and friendly, assuring the wedding ran smoothly. We stayed at the Camp Lucy cottages where the staff went above and beyond to accommodate all our needs!! Camp Lucy makes for a memorable wedding that guests will love.

Could not have asked for anything more!

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Christin S

When I began my venue search for our wedding, I was instantly drawn to the romantic trees of Sacred Oaks and knew that I wanted to get married beneath them. Upon touring the venue, I was even more pleasantly surprised by the reception area with it's sky-high ceilings and unique... Read More craftsmanship. Working with the staff at Camp Lucy was a breeze from the first days of correspondence, and while we did have a planner who worked closely with many of them, I never felt out of the loop or taken by surprise. I especially loved working with Tara and Randi in the weeks leading up to the wedding as well as the day of. Randi worked diligently to make sure we would get everything we wanted and more from our food and her flexibility and positive nature just made such a difference in the overall experience. Speaking of the food, it was absolutely amazing! Every one of our guests raved about the meal that Chef Rob prepared, which was something I really wanted to prioritize for our day. The service was excellent as well and really ensured that the day rolled smoothly. Everything about the day was perfect and I can not thank everyone who worked with us enough for their role.

Dream wedding

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Gina G

We had our New Year's Eve wedding at Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy. Everything was amazing, from the staff and coordinators to the florist, rentals, planning, etc. The food was the best I have EVER had at a wedding. It was such a romantic atmosphere. We had planned on an outdoor... Read More ceremony, however weather did not permit, so Tara and Kari were sure to make the indoor ceremony more than I could ever imagine! I highly recommend this venue! I had ZERO stress while planning or the day of. They really took care of us and everything ran very smoothly!

December Camp Lucy Wedding

Reviewed on 1/06/2015

Camp Lucy is fabulous!! Our daughter's wedding was held there at Ian's Chapel recently and it was just wonderful! The venue is a treasure with its warm and elegant architecture. The chapel was intimate and beautiful. The reception at the Events Hall was simply stunning with... Read More just floral centerpieces, candles and set tables. The food was superb! I think every guest mentioned it in their first words to us. Every one of the staff was outstanding. We had some outside vendors and the staff worked seamlessly with them. Kim Hunt was our wedding coordinator for the month of the wedding and she was excellent! She was so easy to work with, was very organized, and gave advice when we needed it. She worked tirelessly to make the wedding match the couple's vision, and managed the event to perfection. We were able to really enjoy the wedding because she and the Camp Lucy staff handled everything. I highly recommend this venue!

Ian's Chapel Wedding

Reviewed on 12/07/2014

We would not hesitate to recommend Camp Lucy, their staff and their on site services to anyone who is planning a wonderful outdoor wedding and an indoor reception. Every detail of our daughter's wedding, (rental, set up, floral, catering, bar tending, on site managing, etc....),... Read More exceeded our expectations, and we could not have imagined a more perfect wedding and evening!!

Sacred Oaks is absolutely breathtaking 10-24-2014

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Jamie A

Hands down the best venue in Texas! Both ceremony site's are gorgeous, but Sacred Oaks is breathtaking. I could not have asked for better service, accommodations, wedding coordinator (Ashley O'Bryan), food, florals (Whim), etc. Everything was absolutely perfect and everything I... Read More had ever dreamed of!! I can not thank the staff of Camp Lucy and Whim Hospitality enough for such an unforgettable day/night.. you all made my wedding day amazing!

Prettier at Dusk

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Stephanie Q

When we saw Sacred Oaks Venue we were pretty impressed. We were even more amazed to see it at night with the lights in the trees. The reception hall was perfect for 150 and could have easily fit another 60+. We did last weekend in September and on a Friday.

Sacred Oaks Wedding 09/05/2014

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Windi H

Camp Lucy is absolutley amazing. The venue is gorgeous, the food is delicious, the lodges are beautiful! Everyone that I worked with was so friendly and always helpful. Amy O. was the BEST! I loved working with her! She made sure my wedding was PERFECT! You will be so happy with... Read More the choice if you choose to have your wedding here at Camp Lucy!!

Romantic and beatiful hill country wedding

Reviewed on 8/05/2014

It is difficult to describe how perfect Camp Lucy is. I was living in North Dakota when my fiancé went and toured Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy while it was still being built. We were able to get a great deal for a Monday wedding on a holiday and booked! It wasn’t until 5 months... Read More before our wedding that I was able to visit Camp Lucy during one of their open house events. They had vendors from the local area showcasing their talents at Sacred Oaks. Whim Florist (Rachel) helped show me around without any convincing (one of the sweetest people ever!) because I was by myself. The ceremony location is outside and when you walked out you could hear a string quartet playing. When I got to the top of the aisle I started crying, it was the most magical perfect moment and I knew we had picked the right place. I did choose to hire a “month of” coordinator, Britney, she was so perfect and really was able to keep my head straight through all of the planning. It was raining incredibly hard on the morning of our wedding and we chose to use Britney’s rain plan. She made the moment go off perfectly and everyone thought it was so amazing. The only downside to Camp Lucy is that you have to use vendors for EVERYTHING. There is no “all-inclusive” here. They offer their preferred vendors, usually Whim Hospitalities, and they are able to meet all of your needs with these services. Just be aware that prices can add up faster than you expect. I was able to use Whim Catering for our buffet and appetizers. This was literally the one thing people COULD NOT stop talking about. The food was 5 stars all around; Chef Rob has some of the most amazing foods on his menu. It is so so hard to choose what to have at the wedding. Sacred Oaks is so beautiful and breathtaking that you don’t really need a lot of décor and extras that you might need somewhere else. They have reasonable pricing for the quality you get. One last thing… and I repeated this over and over again in my process. They hire staff that love what they do, they are there to make sure you are smiling and that your wedding goes off perfectly. They will go above and beyond what you ask.

Reviewed on 7/18/2014 Texan F

Our experience with Camp Lucy was pretty great!! We absolutely adore the venue and thought it was beautiful. The grounds were so peaceful and our guests absolutely loved it. My only complaint is that, when we booked the venue, Camp Lucy did not have an in house catering... Read More team, which I believe they do now. At the time, they had a list of approved vendors that you had to use for catering. While I know this is standard for the industry, and none of the vendors on the list could accommodate the dietary requirements (South Asian vegetarian) of our family and friends. Still, we were required to pay a hefty outside catering fee and a kitchen use fee. In addition, the night before the wedding, while I was about to head to one of my events, I received a call stating that we were not allowed to use the kitchen, though we had already paid a fee to do so. I referred Camp Lucy back to the relevant clause in our contract and the matter was quickly resolved but I definitely think that they should have raised the issue long before the wedding and, referred back to our contract, if they had any additional questions on the night before. That said, Diane was our main point of contact leading up to the wedding and she was very pleasant and polite, and we enjoyed working with her. In addition, the staff was pretty great, overall, and, did I say that we loved the venue already?:) I would definitely recommend the venue!