Camp Lucy

Dripping Springs, TX

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Texas Hill Country's wedding destination!

Stunning Texas Hill Country venues for unforgettable weddings including our legendary Ian's Chapel which includes a French Colonial chapel, Events Hall, pavilion, Great Lawn and more, and our magical Sacred Oaks venue which includes a tree canopied ceremony site, Great Hall, Bell Tower, and more.

$$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

3509 Creek Road, Dripping Springs, TX

Perfect!

Reviewed on 5/16/2014

We had our daughter's wedding outdoors here in early May, 2014. I can't praise the venue or the staff too much - the entire experience was perfect! Sacred Oaks is exquisitely set up. The outdoor chapel, under the trees with an arbor, is picture-perfect and the trees provide a cool shade. A stone terraced amphitheater allows everyone an excellent view. We had no difficulty with acoustics. We planned the wedding for 6:30, to take advantage of the sunset for photos. As an aside - after dark the trees are lit with myriad streamers of tiny lights. It is a fairlyand! You almost want to repeat the ceremony in the dark - beautiful. A well-appointed "brides room" with makeup stations and a washroom allows the girls to arrive, do hair, makeup and dress onsite and stay in the air conditioning until the ceremony. An equally well-appointed groomsmen area lets them get ready in private. The purpose-built reception venue had a spacious lawn for the photographs (and for kids to run around on later) overlooked by a large patio where the guests had cocktail hour and could watch the picture-taking. We had stand-up tables and a cheese/fruit station on the patio, and passed hors d'oeuvres which were scrumptious. The bar, immediately off the patio inside the reception hall, had no difficulty (with two bartenders) keeping up with the guests. We provided our own alcoholic beverages, which can only be served by the bartenders. We had Camp Lucy provide all non-alcoholic drinks, both at the bar and at a separate serve-yourself table. Most people used the bar for both. The spacious and spectacular reception hall had plenty of room for a U-shaped head table (for about 20), tables of 8 for the rest of the guests, an area for the DJ and an area for dancing. Acoustics were great. A balcony, accessed by a spiral staircase, provided a platform for tossing the bouquet and garter (as well as some overhead photos of the guests). Dinner - we chose buffet style - was amazing. I've been at catered events all over the world, and this was the BEST catered food I have had, bar none. There is a huge list of suggestions - grouped by themes - on the website, and the catering staff (Tiffany and Randi) had excellent suggestions but were also willing to create new items based on our ideas. The bride and groom went to a tasting session some weeks in advance, and loved EVERYTHING they were served - it was hard to limit ourselves to a few dishes. Many guests told me they were astounded at the quality of the food - good to hear! Because we (parents of the bride) were out of state, we went with a Camp Lucy planner / co-ordinator (Kim Hunt), and used Camp Lucy / Whim for rentals, floral, and catering, which made everything much easier. Everything was lovely. Kim in particular organized everything well in advance, developing a moment-by-moment timeline from first arrival through very last cleanup. Then on the day she kept everything running smoothly through all the busting groups hither, thither, and yon. During the reception and as they were leaving many guests told me this was the BEST wedding they had EVER attended. As hosts we were exceptionally pleased to hear that - and relieved it all came off so well. We wanted our daughter's day to be perfect, and it was. Access: out-of-town guests stayed nearby at the Sleep Inn (new and lovely) which provided a shuttle to take its guests to and from the venue. There is handicap parking close in, easy access.

April Showers? Not on OUR day!

Reviewed on 4/16/2014

I had been looking at Camp Lucy since it first opened, this April we finally said "I do" and we are so glad to have had it at the Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy. The site in itself was exquisite, decorations were minimal for us because the scenery itself made it just that romantic and intimate. We had numerous compliments from our guests about how beautiful the site was, how delicious Whim Catering was, and the staff was so professional. My questions were answered in a timely manner and they woked alot with us on what we wanted. Even though we were only allowed to use their catering and their bartenders, everything turned out fantastic. This is a gorgeous location to have even just the smallest wedding, with it's stunning view of dripping springs' classic hill country, you won't be disapointed!

Beautiful - RAIN or shine!

Reviewed on 3/25/2014 Taylor F

I got married at Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy early this March. My experience was awesome. It POURED on my wedding day. The venue let me wait out the entire day to see if the rain would hold up for my ceremony time, and I didn't make the decision to move it inside until 45 minutes before the start of the ceremony. Tammy and Kaley from Camp Lucy were very understanding and supportive, and they helped make my suddenly indoor ceremony perfect. Despite my missing out on those gorgeous twinkling lights hanging from the Oak Grove, my wedding was still incredible. The rain let up after the ceremony, so the outdoor photos were awesome with the wet scenery! Loved my experience with Camp Lucy!

Gorgeous but expensive

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Alexandra T

Camp Lucy is a gorgeous venue. We had Sacred Oaks and, although it rained all day, the staff was constantly around to make sure everything was in order. The caveat to all this was that Camp Lucy was, in our opinion, very expensive. I'm bummed that it rained all day so we didn't get to enjoy the outdoor section of our venue but that isn't their fault. The extra expenses come from having to use their rentals and catering, which I wasn't completely impressed with during our planning process. Overall, I would recommend Camp Lucy.

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Brittnee D

I am so happy that we chose Camp Lucy for our May 16th wedding. I could not have asked for a more perfect venue and event staff. Camp Lucy won me over with their Sacred Oaks venue. I'm pretty sure I cried when I first saw it. I'm from the East Texas area and we were looking for a "Texas Destination" wedding. I'm so happy I stumbled upon them. From the 1st meeting the staff was so friendly and involved in my planning process. We used all the amenities that Camp Lucy had to offer: Florals, Catering, Coordination, Rentals, etc. It was WONDERFUL to have everything all in one place, especially being from out of town. Stephanie was my event coordinator and WOW did she do an amazing job. Everything went so smoothly from start to finish. She gave us so many referrals to help make our day extra special. I did not feel stressed or worried for one minute at my wedding. She truly went above and beyond. Florals were fantastic. They did an amazing job of bringing my vision to life. Rentals had it all. They were so helpful and knowledgeable of everything that we might need and were great at helping us make selections. The catering department is phenomenal. The food choices are magnificent and so many guest told us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. I cannot say enough great things about Camp Lucy. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them to everyone!

Couldn't have imagined a better wedding

Reviewed on 5/24/2015 Erika L

We recently were married at Camp Lucy, Ian's Chapel. The event space is beautiful, the grounds are picturesque and the staff is helpful and ensure that everything moved smoothly. We picked Camp Lucy because we fell in love at first sight--even with the high price tag--we were so happy with our decision. It would have been a perfect day with all our friends and family around, but being at Camp Lucy was like the cherry on top. Couldn't have been happier!

Beautiful Sophistication of Camp Lucy

Reviewed on 3/27/2015

Camp Lucy is truly a wonderful wedding venue!! Everything is the highest level of beautiful sophistication. From Ian's chapel with its romantic richness and carved beamed ceiling to the charming bridal suite. The gorgeous grounds create a stunning backdrop for wedding pictures. The staff was always available and friendly, assuring the wedding ran smoothly. We stayed at the Camp Lucy cottages where the staff went above and beyond to accommodate all our needs!! Camp Lucy makes for a memorable wedding that guests will love.

Could not have asked for anything more!

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Christin S

When I began my venue search for our wedding, I was instantly drawn to the romantic trees of Sacred Oaks and knew that I wanted to get married beneath them. Upon touring the venue, I was even more pleasantly surprised by the reception area with it's sky-high ceilings and unique craftsmanship. Working with the staff at Camp Lucy was a breeze from the first days of correspondence, and while we did have a planner who worked closely with many of them, I never felt out of the loop or taken by surprise. I especially loved working with Tara and Randi in the weeks leading up to the wedding as well as the day of. Randi worked diligently to make sure we would get everything we wanted and more from our food and her flexibility and positive nature just made such a difference in the overall experience. Speaking of the food, it was absolutely amazing! Every one of our guests raved about the meal that Chef Rob prepared, which was something I really wanted to prioritize for our day. The service was excellent as well and really ensured that the day rolled smoothly. Everything about the day was perfect and I can not thank everyone who worked with us enough for their role.

Dream wedding

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Gina G

We had our New Year's Eve wedding at Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy. Everything was amazing, from the staff and coordinators to the florist, rentals, planning, etc. The food was the best I have EVER had at a wedding. It was such a romantic atmosphere. We had planned on an outdoor ceremony, however weather did not permit, so Tara and Kari were sure to make the indoor ceremony more than I could ever imagine! I highly recommend this venue! I had ZERO stress while planning or the day of. They really took care of us and everything ran very smoothly!

December Camp Lucy Wedding

Reviewed on 1/06/2015

Camp Lucy is fabulous!! Our daughter's wedding was held there at Ian's Chapel recently and it was just wonderful! The venue is a treasure with its warm and elegant architecture. The chapel was intimate and beautiful. The reception at the Events Hall was simply stunning with just floral centerpieces, candles and set tables. The food was superb! I think every guest mentioned it in their first words to us. Every one of the staff was outstanding. We had some outside vendors and the staff worked seamlessly with them. Kim Hunt was our wedding coordinator for the month of the wedding and she was excellent! She was so easy to work with, was very organized, and gave advice when we needed it. She worked tirelessly to make the wedding match the couple's vision, and managed the event to perfection. We were able to really enjoy the wedding because she and the Camp Lucy staff handled everything. I highly recommend this venue!

Ian's Chapel Wedding

Reviewed on 12/07/2014

We would not hesitate to recommend Camp Lucy, their staff and their on site services to anyone who is planning a wonderful outdoor wedding and an indoor reception. Every detail of our daughter's wedding, (rental, set up, floral, catering, bar tending, on site managing, etc....), exceeded our expectations, and we could not have imagined a more perfect wedding and evening!!

Sacred Oaks is absolutely breathtaking 10-24-2014

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Jamie A

Hands down the best venue in Texas! Both ceremony site's are gorgeous, but Sacred Oaks is breathtaking. I could not have asked for better service, accommodations, wedding coordinator (Ashley O'Bryan), food, florals (Whim), etc. Everything was absolutely perfect and everything I had ever dreamed of!! I can not thank the staff of Camp Lucy and Whim Hospitality enough for such an unforgettable day/night.. you all made my wedding day amazing!

Prettier at Dusk

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Stephanie Q

When we saw Sacred Oaks Venue we were pretty impressed. We were even more amazed to see it at night with the lights in the trees. The reception hall was perfect for 150 and could have easily fit another 60+. We did last weekend in September and on a Friday.

Sacred Oaks Wedding 09/05/2014

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Windi H

Camp Lucy is absolutley amazing. The venue is gorgeous, the food is delicious, the lodges are beautiful! Everyone that I worked with was so friendly and always helpful. Amy O. was the BEST! I loved working with her! She made sure my wedding was PERFECT! You will be so happy with the choice if you choose to have your wedding here at Camp Lucy!!

Romantic and beatiful hill country wedding

Reviewed on 8/05/2014

It is difficult to describe how perfect Camp Lucy is. I was living in North Dakota when my fiancé went and toured Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy while it was still being built. We were able to get a great deal for a Monday wedding on a holiday and booked! It wasn’t until 5 months before our wedding that I was able to visit Camp Lucy during one of their open house events. They had vendors from the local area showcasing their talents at Sacred Oaks. Whim Florist (Rachel) helped show me around without any convincing (one of the sweetest people ever!) because I was by myself. The ceremony location is outside and when you walked out you could hear a string quartet playing. When I got to the top of the aisle I started crying, it was the most magical perfect moment and I knew we had picked the right place. I did choose to hire a “month of” coordinator, Britney, she was so perfect and really was able to keep my head straight through all of the planning. It was raining incredibly hard on the morning of our wedding and we chose to use Britney’s rain plan. She made the moment go off perfectly and everyone thought it was so amazing. The only downside to Camp Lucy is that you have to use vendors for EVERYTHING. There is no “all-inclusive” here. They offer their preferred vendors, usually Whim Hospitalities, and they are able to meet all of your needs with these services. Just be aware that prices can add up faster than you expect. I was able to use Whim Catering for our buffet and appetizers. This was literally the one thing people COULD NOT stop talking about. The food was 5 stars all around; Chef Rob has some of the most amazing foods on his menu. It is so so hard to choose what to have at the wedding. Sacred Oaks is so beautiful and breathtaking that you don’t really need a lot of décor and extras that you might need somewhere else. They have reasonable pricing for the quality you get. One last thing… and I repeated this over and over again in my process. They hire staff that love what they do, they are there to make sure you are smiling and that your wedding goes off perfectly. They will go above and beyond what you ask.

LOVED THIS VENUE! IT WAS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2014 Texan F

Our experience with Camp Lucy was pretty great!! We absolutely adore the venue and thought it was beautiful. The grounds were so peaceful and our guests absolutely loved it. My only complaint is that, when we booked the venue, Camp Lucy did not have an in house catering team, which I believe they do now. At the time, they had a list of approved vendors that you had to use for catering. While I know this is standard for the industry, and none of the vendors on the list could accommodate the dietary requirements (South Asian vegetarian) of our family and friends. Still, we were required to pay a hefty outside catering fee and a kitchen use fee. In addition, the night before the wedding, while I was about to head to one of my events, I received a call stating that we were not allowed to use the kitchen, though we had already paid a fee to do so. I referred Camp Lucy back to the relevant clause in our contract and the matter was quickly resolved but I definitely think that they should have raised the issue long before the wedding and, referred back to our contract, if they had any additional questions on the night before. That said, Diane was our main point of contact leading up to the wedding and she was very pleasant and polite, and we enjoyed working with her. In addition, the staff was pretty great, overall, and, did I say that we loved the venue already?:) I would definitely recommend the venue!

Camp Lucy is the most beautiful venue in the Austin area

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Jordan L

Everything was absolutely beautiful, could not have imagined a more perfect day! Coordinator, Kim Hunt, goes above and beyond to make your dream become a reality. Whim Florals did a stunning job on all the flowers; they were even better than I could have even imagined they could be. Whim catering did an outstanding job with the food it was so good and presented so nicely; the lines ran so smooth so no one had to wait too long! Whim rentals also did a wonderful job helping us figure out exactly what we needed and set it up perfectly for the wedding. Camp Lucy is the most beautiful venue in the Austin area and all the staff is so great, helpful and professional. I am so happy I chose to have my special day here! It was absolutely perfect!

Hospitality has a pricetag!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Diane O

Beautiful venue & grounds...but if you aren't blowing the lock off with them, they will make you feel that way. Service is obviously based on the amount of money you spend with them. We did not use their floral (they own the event rentals & catering company, Whim and you have no choice). We also provided our own liquior and cake. It was a small daytime wedding, very sweet and lovely. If they have a wedding the day before yours, the staff isn't up to par for your day. No rehearsals the night/day before so you have to "wing it" on your one and only day. No signage and GPS doesn't work out there. They say chapel holds 150....only if everyone is slim. I've been to mid afternoon weddings (cake & champagne only) at 5 star hotels with 50 people and we were all made to feel like royalty. We had 150 guests for a luncheon and were treated as if in the cheap seats. I gave two stars because of the beautiful setting.

2014-06-04T11:43:22 Response from the vendor

As the bride's aunt, we know you wanted the best day for your niece and, please know, we did as well, as we do for all of our brides. As you may know, your niece's Sunday wedding was booked just 30 days out. Because it... Read Less Read More

Camp Lucy is PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Amanda S

From the minute my (now) husband, Tim, and I stepped into Camp Lucy over a year ago, we were in love! Every inch of the venue is so detailed and perfect. You will get a perfect picture no matter where you are standing. For us -- we wanted an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception in one location that would accommodate around 200 guests. And Camp Lucy offered everything that we were looking for and more. We couldn't have created a better location if we had built it ourselves. Tim and I were planning our wedding from halfway across the country in California. So, of course, I was anxious to get back to Camp Lucy to see it again after a year of being away. Our wedding coordinators and Terri Hawkins at Camp Lucy scheduled our rehearsal the day before our wedding day. And Tim and I were pleasantly surprised that not a single thing had changed. Every detail that we loved was even more beautiful after being away for so long. We envisioned how our entire wedding day would look and feel, and we were so excited! We had the most romantic and magical wedding day at Camp Lucy. Terri was absolutely amazing, she was attentive and helpful all day. Our coordinators executed every minute with perfection. My bridesmaids and I relaxed in the Bride's Cottage and Tim and his groomsmen hung out in the Groom's Quarters before all the festivities began. These were the perfect places to get ready for our big day. And we were so lucky to have perfect weather in the middle of October. All week weathermen were saying there was a 50% percent chance of rain! But sure enough, the rain held out until 11:05pm after we and our guests had left! It truly was the most special day, and Camp Lucy provided a gorgeous backdrop. I highly recommend this venue, and I'm hoping I get a chance to visit or attend an event at their new venue Sacred Oaks. From the photos I've seen, it's just as lovely!! Thank you so much Terri and Camp Lucy for giving us the wedding of our dreams!!!

Second best choice of my life! (Besides saying 'yes' to the groom!)

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Amanda H

We had our 9/21/13 wedding at Camp Lucy, from the first time I stepped onto the grounds I knew I had found something special. I would have moved mountains to marry my best friend here and I'm so lucky we were able to have our beautiful and perfect day here. The ENTIRE process was smooth, welcoming and fun. I can't tell you how many guests commented on our wedding saying it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to, I know it was largely thanks to the magical setting that is camp lucy. Thanks to everyone there including Diane and the Camp Lucy floral team.

My Dream Camp Lucy Wedding

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Lauren P

I got engaged October 2010 and got married at Camp Lucy in December 2012. I knew Camp Lucy would be my venue just by looking at their website! When my husband and I took the drive through beautiful Dripping Springs to Camp Lucy I knew I wouldn't need to look anywhere else. I remember calling my parents after our tour of the property and making our deposit that day! We didn't even look at other venues, Camp Lucy was everything I ever wanted! We were married in the beautiful french colonial chapel which was just heaven! All of our guests were blown away by this hidden gem outside of Austin. The staff at Camp Lucy were incredible to work with and always quick to respond. I'm just glad I got married here before any of my friends did, hehe! :) Thank you for the perfect day, I'd love to do a vow renewal when we're older here. What a magical place. All the best, Lauren Postler of Austin, TX

Wedding Wonderland

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Erica H

My wedding was Alice in Wonderland themed and I could not imagine a better place than Camp Lucy for our special day. The hill country setting was magical! Our wedding was on May 19th, 2013 and we were joined by 300 guests. Even with such a large wedding, the venue accommodated everyone comfortably. Before booking the venue, I had attended a couple other weddings at Camp Lucy. It was amazing to me how each bride was able to truly make the venue their own and I was so excited to do the same. We had an outdoor ceremony under the stone arch overlooking the beautiful Texas Hill Country. The path down the aisle was winding and lined with colorful potted flowers. After the ceremony we made use of the lawn for croquet and cocktail hour. We then moved to the beautiful reception hall where we had brunch and dancing. I was also very pleased to have booked Camp Lucy’s staff for my floral arrangements as well. They did an amazing job! The arrangements were so colorful and creative – whimsical, just like my theme! The staff listened to my ideas and made sure they were implemented above and beyond my expectations.

Camp Lucy - It's All in the Details! (Planner Review)

Reviewed on 8/07/2013 Olivia S

If you're considering Camp Lucy for your venue, then look no further! This stunning hill-country retreat offers a variety of flexible spaces for a range of guest counts and styles. Of course, the in-house kitchen, manicured lawn space, and onsite chapel are a bonus, but it's the venues impeccable attention to detail and the attentive staff that really capture our love for the venue. Although Camp Lucy lends itself to the natural rustic landscape, it boasts an appealing flavor of international flare with it's imported hand-made details from all over the world. As planners, we're always looking for a venue that offers our clients the very best and Camp Lucy is high on our list! *Event Planner has planned events at this venue.

Beautiful Venue, nice people

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Erin O

This place is absolutely gorgeous. There is so much space to utilize here, the possibilities are endless. The people are amazing to work with and very nice and they have good ideas to help you make your day. They also did our flowers, and the florist knows her flowers and also has great ideas. We loved our flowers! A must visit!

Best Venue

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Jeremy S

I would highly recommend Camp Lucy to anyone and everyone! Such a gorgeous back drop for our wedding day! The staff is professional and on point, assisting with anything you need. The reception hall is stunning and even with minimal decorations, the place looks amazing! We had 300 people at our wedding and there was more than plenty of space to dance, drink, socialize, and eat. I can't wait to attend someone else's wedding at this location!

TO Camp Lucy