Camp Lucy

Dripping Springs, TX

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Texas Hill Country's wedding destination!

Stunning Texas Hill Country venues for unforgettable weddings including our legendary Ian's Chapel which includes a French Colonial chapel, Events Hall, pavilion, Great Lawn and more, and our magical Sacred Oaks venue which includes a tree canopied ceremony site, Great Hall, Bell Tower, and more. Or check out our new, more intimate venue Whit's Inn, perfect for smaller weddings or rehearsal dinners.

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Historic Venue, Church, Tented, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

3509 Creek Road, Dripping Springs, TX (512) 858-9446

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Tyler Q

We went to look at a few wedding venue options in Dripping Springs and Camp Lucy blew us away. We were amazed at the natural beauty and history of the venue. As a hands-off bride who needed all the help she could get, it was incredible to have florals, catering and rentals are... Read More run through Whim. Thank you so much to Camp Lucy staff and Whim staff for making our big day beautiful and amazing. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking in the Dripping Springs / Austin area!!

2017-10-30T08:49:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad you were able to enjoy all that Camp Lucy has to offer and that Camp Lucy and Whim were such an easy and pleasing choice for your special day!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Taylor W

Camp Lucy was everything I dreamed of for my wedding and more! We got married at the Sacred Oaks location at Camp Lucy. The venue itself is gorgeous, which is nice because you don't need much additional decor. Everyone on the Camp Lucy staff was very easy to deal with and made... Read More the whole wedding planning process less stressful. I would definitely recommend Camp Lucy!

2017-10-30T08:52:11 Response from the vendor

We are so glad that your special day was everything you hoped for! Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff and venue, we are thrilled we got to be a part of your dream wedding! We hope you will come back... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/03/2018 Whitney H

There is little to say about Camp Lucy that hasn’t already been said by a hundred other couples. The venue was perfect for us. We decided to have a small wedding with a total of 10 people. We brought everyone in on Tuesday to stay at lodging at Camp Lucy, had a pre-wedding... Read More reception dinner on Wednesday at Camp Lucy, and the ceremony at Ian’s Chapel. The entire staff was amazing to work with and helped create a special experience for everyone. Camp Lucy is known for being able to host gorgeous weddings with several hundred guests, but they can also host an intimate and small one as well. Even with an ice storm and closed roads and a photo shoot at dawn, Camp Lucy was there for us in every way. Thank you for the amazing experience and beautiful backdrop to a very special day!

2018-04-10T10:46:25 Response from the vendor

We are so thrilled that we were able to be a part of your special day. Thank you for taking the time to review us and share your Camp Lucy Experience. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 Allison P

Bottom line: Camp Lucy is beautiful but the costs really sneak up on you. If your budget is $20,000 or less it is a major challenge. The positives: the people are very nice to work with and very responsive. Anna was our main contact and she was great to work with. Everything is... Read More beautiful so photos will turn out amazing. The cons: You must use their florist and caterer, Whim. The food, while delicious, is VERY expensive. The flowers, while beautiful, are VERY expensive. For example, a kids meal starts at $60 and an arch of greenery was just under $1,000. I ended up having to DIY the majority of my decor to stay within our budget which made the months leading up stressful. You cannot bring in your own flowers so I had to get creative. There are not many hotel options nearby and some of our guests had to stay 45 minutes away. We only had 80 guests and people booked hotels early. The cost to stay at Camp Lucy in the cabins is astronomical. We stayed in the cheapest cabin they had so we could be on site and for 2 nights our bill with taxes was $657. We had some discrepancies on our final bill but accounting was very pleasant to work with and got it resolved quickly. All in all would I book it again? Unfortunately no just because of how easily the costs ran up. If your budget is $30k-$50k it would be perfect for that.

Reviewed on 2/01/2018 Kelly B

Camp Lucy was wonderful to work with as a ceremony and reception venue. Their staff is friendly, easy to work with, responsive, and timely. They work exclusively with Whim Hospitality for catering, floral, and rentals, which is convenient, they're all on the same page and it... Read More cuts down on the number of meetings I needed to attend! We were married in their Sacred Oaks venue and our guests told me over and over how beautiful it was as an evening venue location.

2018-04-10T10:43:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are thrilled your experience was seamless and that we were able to be a part of your beautiful day!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Mr M

I've been out to Camp Lucy a handful of times and each time I get there, the approach to the chapel or the Sacred Oaks venue feels like walking up to a castle. Kind of awe inspiring; important and unavoidable. The photos on their website speak volumes, so if you can't visit... Read More yourself, just take a look. Those photos are completely accurate. I also want to throw a shout out to: •Chef Rob McMahon for dishing out masterpiece after masterpiece in his kitchen. •Ashley Rousseau's coordinating talents are thorough, fast, and reliable. Plus, she's just a really kind person all-around. Thanks Camp Lucy!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Amber M

We loved working with Camp Lucy! We had our wedding and reception at Camp Lucy's beautiful Ian's Chapel. After months of planning, this venue began to feel like home! We love it's beauty and history, it's wonderful staff, beautiful and comfortable cottages, which many of our... Read More bridal party and family stayed in, and we loved how easily and quickly we were able to plan our wedding there! Everyone was friendly, helpful, and accommodating as we planned our wedding, and our coordinator, Tara Blackwell, helped our day come together flawlessly!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Katherine C

After scouring the internet for wedding venues, Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy was at the top of our list from the very beginning. When visiting in person, we realized that the pictures online don’t even compare to the magic of being there in person – it was a no-brainer for us that... Read More this would be where we would have our wedding and we couldn’t imagine a better ceremony location than under the huge grove of oak trees. As an out-of-town bride, it was a bonus that the staff and events at Whim was all-inclusive, covering florals, events, and rentals. We felt we could relax knowing that the team at Whim works together day-in and day-out and could execute weddings at Camp Lucy blindfolded. A big thank you to everyone at Camp Lucy that made our wedding day a dream!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Abbey B

Camp Lucy is one of the most beautiful places in the Hill Country. It is the only venue my fiancé and I visited and I am so so so glad we made the choice to get married there! The staff is amazing and so easy to work with. Every single person we came into contact with was... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw extremely kind, helpful, and genuine about making our day the most important. The facility is so gorgeous and so well maintained! When we took our first tour, there were absolutely no doubts that Camp Lucy was where we wanted to get married!!! The entire experience was so enjoyable and most of all stress free!!! Camp Lucy has a special place in our hearts and I would tell anyone to most definitely choose Camp Lucy for their special day! Thank you for making ours a day we will never forget!:)

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Kayla R

Beautiful venue!! We had our wedding at Ian's Chapel in front of the arch, and everything came together on our wedding day perfectly. Having the florals, rentals, and catering with Camp Lucy is very convenient, and they handle everything well. They are quick to respond to any... Read More issues you may find and willing to review everything with you. They want to make everything the best it can be for you, and you can feel that effort. It takes a lot of effort to plan and execute a wedding with so many details! Details you never thought of, they would discuss and guide you. I planned our wedding with my mom and fiance and had the assistance of an outside day-of coordinator who had other clients at Camp Lucy in the past. I asked a lot of questions to both my coordinator and Camp Lucy, and they helped me plan the most amazing day ever! We loved every minute of our wedding - it just flies by too fast!! Thank you Camp Lucy!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Rachel D

We had our wedding at Camp Lucy on 4/23/17 and I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with the staff. We felt supported at every stage of the planning process and we enjoyed working with all the staff who were not only professional but also warm and... Read More personable. Our coordinator, Kim Hunt, did an amazing job and our event ran smoothly from start to finish because of her outstanding organization skills. We enjoyed our experience so much that we are planning to return to Camp Lucy annually on our anniversary and stay in the cottages to commemorate our wonderful wedding day in its original location!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Ashley P

This is the most beautiful venue in Dripping Springs. Half of my guests flew in from out of state and a couple from out of the country. Everyone was astonished by how beautiful the wedding was. We had our ceremony and reception at Sacred Oaks. The bluebonnets were out, the sun... Read More was going down and the lights were twinkling from the trees. I will always look back at that day and remember how beautiful and peaceful our wedding spot was. Thank you Camp Lucy for such a sweet and beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Stephanie P

Camp Lucy was PERFECT. Sacred Oaks was beautiful even with the rain. The staff and management at Camp Lucy are very helpful and mindful of your wishes. They keep you informed on payments and work very well with the Whim teams to ensure everything runs smoothly on your big day.... Read More I’m so glad we were able to celebrate our marriage here.

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Madeline F

I stumbled on this venue (Sacred Oaks) one night on Pinterest not knowing that this was located in Texas. Once I researched more and I saw that it was, I immediately booked a tour (The first and only place we actually booked and took a tour with because once you know you just... Read More know!). As soon as we pulled up to Sacred Oaks I knew that this is exactly where I wanted to marry my best friend. It was everything I envisioned for our fairytale wedding. The beautiful oak trees and hanging lights provided a romantic ambiance, while the indoor reception area with its beautiful beams and architecture, although rustic was still able to accommodate the winter wonderland theme I was going for. It rained the day of our wedding and it was foggy, but our Day of Wedding Coordinator, Kim Hunt, whom I highly recommend, was there to calm my nerves and help coordinate everything to where we were able to still have our ceremony outside. This gave us the most beautiful photos! From the tour to the getaway on the day of the wedding, the staff was there every step of the way to help in any way they were able. All our friends and family, even the ones that were not there physically, but have seen our pictures just through Facebook, have raved and continue to compliment on how beautiful this venue is! They have cabins on property that are great and convenient for you and your guests. Unfortunately, we were unable to experience them because they were unavailable so we had already booked our hotel room blocks elsewhere, but we will definitely take advantage on our year wedding anniversary! They also have catering, rentals, and florals in-house which really did save me a lot of time with searching for these vendors. Plus, they already know the venue inside and out, so I trusted their opinions and the food was delicious! I wish we could renew our vows already just to redo it at this venue, obviously you can tell I just love this venue! Budget wise, in my opinion, it was definitely a steal for everything Camp Lucy offers!

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Kat I

My husband and I are from south Texas and both decided we want to do a destination wedding. I was browsing venues through this website and found Camp Lucy with really good reviews. I looked into the pictures etc and I knew I needed to see it in person. We drove to Dripping... Read More Springs and had appointments with other venues as well. The first venue we saw was beautiful, and I thought that that would be the venue. I was already thinking about not showing up to our appointment at Camp Lucy! Good thing we showed up because the minute We laid eyes on Sacred oaks, we both just fell in love with the place. This was the one. I can't even begin to describe the beauty of the place. It's beyond amazing. During the entire planning process, they made sure that everything would just be easy for me . We did a lot of emails and phone calls and if I have concerns or issues, they were so quick to respond. The day of the wedding, everything was just perfect. Even the sun came out that day. Most brides probably stress out the day of but I felt so relaxed. I trusted the camp Lucy team to deliver and boy did they ever. I couldn't thank each and every one of them enough for making our wedding day the most memorable time of our lives. We had the best time, everyone was raving about the food, and it was just the most perfect day. Again, thank you all so much! Kat and Paul

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Cara W

By far, the BEST decision we made when planning our wedding. Camp Lucy is worth every cent! The staff was so personable, respectful, accommodating, and communication was NEVER a problem. The venue was amazing! We got married at Sacred Oaks, and everything was immaculately... Read More prepared, inside and out! In regards to the planning team we worked with, our questions were always answered promptly, and we always felt on the “same page”. Everything was handled with the utmost professionalism and class, which was very appreciated and valued. We had a relatively short engagement (less than 6 months), and the team was very accommodating to our quick timeline. We felt very prepared going into the day-of, and were not disappointed! We didn't have a single complaint because excellence is the norm, personal touch is the expectation, and execution is flawless.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Adriana C

I don't know where to start. Camp Lucy is simply stunning! My husband and I immediately fell in love with Camp Lucy. Both venues are beautiful but the ceremony site at Sacred Oaks took our breath away. Even though it rained on our wedding day, everything was incredibly romantic... Read More and magical. Ashley O'Bryan was our coordinator. She went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect! The food, oh the food! To this day, we still get compliments. Even our pickiest guests loved it. We had some family members try to re-create the food. Some of our friends are even looking for restaurants that serve similar food! Best food ever. The flowers: Siobhan is amazing!! I went to the studio with just a simple idea but wasn't too sure of what I wanted. I sort of explained my vision to her and she made it all a reality. She is very talented!! Everyone on the Camp Lucy/Whim Hospitality team had one goal in mind and that was to make our wedding day the best day of our lives. And it truly was! I had some family members come in from out of the country and they all went back home talking about how amazing and magical it all was. I wish I could relive that day. It was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Jake S

Absolutely amazing. Camp Lucy was beautiful and did a lot of things o make our wedding perfect. They even let us have our dog in the ceremony! Our coordinator Kristen went above and beyond to make sure everything went off without a hitch. Could not be more happy!

2016-11-02T09:14:39 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that our teams were able to help your special day be all that you hoped for! We are thrilled that your wedding was amazing and that your planner was able to make it even better! We hope that you will come... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Amy S

When my husband and I initially started planning our wedding, I had my sights set on another venue. One of my family members sent me information on Camp Lucy, and I was intrigued. We were going to be in Austin for an open house at another venue, so I thought "What the heck?... Read More Might as well go look." Can I just say "Wow!" Camp Lucy is gorgeous. There are two separate venues (Ian's Chapel & Sacred Oaks). From the moment we walked into the ceremony area at Sacred Oaks(outdoors, under large oak trees with twinkling lights) I knew that it would be the place that we would get married. On top of the gorgeous ceremony site, their great lawn and reception hall put my love for this venue over the top! Needless to say, my initial venue choice was no longer a contender. I am thankful that I went to look at Camp Lucy, and found the perfect venue to have our wedding!

2016-11-02T09:13:03 Response from the vendor

We are thrilled that you stopped by to visit us and now we get to be a part of your special celebration! We cannot wait until your big day and are so happy you fell in love with our venues!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Baleigh B

I cannot say enough great things about Camp Lucy as a wedding venue. First off, its an absolutely beautiful venue that is so unique! It was a perfect place to get married. Everyone was so amazing to work with especially our coordinator Stephanie Middleton. Literally, every... Read More single detail was thought of and taken care of! Also, whats great is that we can go back and stay at Camp Lucy anytime we want to since they have beautiful cottages to stay in and lots of fun things to do in the area!

2016-10-03T08:56:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Camp Lucy with us! We are thrilled that you have so many great things to say and are so happy that your special day was perfect. We hope that you will come back again and stay... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Angela C

After viewing a few venues in Houston, my heart was really wanting to say our "I do's" in Hill County. Our family is from out of state and we really wanted to show them the beauty of Texas! It's a quaint quiet location up in the hills so you have beautiful scenery overlooking a... Read More working ranch. Just by looking at pictures, and this venue being my only Hill Country appointment, I knew it was going to be an easy "yes" for me! Diane Hutchinson gave us a beautiful tour of both options and since our wedding was intimate (60 guests) we decided that Ian's Chapel would fit everyone perfectly! BONUS! If you want an outdoor wedding, there is a magnitude of ceremony option locations! We booked a year in advance, and on a Monday which turned out to be the best idea ever financially! Ashley Rousseau seamlessly answered my questions revised our proposal a few times. We were set free to start the planning process and Sabrina Read was our Manager on Duty and she helped us perfect our wedding day for the remainder of the planning process. Big Kudo's to Sabrina for going above and beyond and gathering as much history as she could for us so we could prepare a history blurb to our guests for cocktail hour. I booked one onsite cottage for me and my girls to get ready in! We showed up day-of, grabbed yummy breakfast food & coffee from their breakfast buffet and took it back to our cottage. The cottage girls also brought a lovely fruit tray to our cottage while we got ready! Since Camp Lucy is in the country, we all stayed at the Austin Marriott South (free shuttle to downtown for our guests) and my husband and I booked a private bus for our guests to safely get to-and-from Camp Lucy. It was a perfect decision and all transportation companies are aware of Camp Lucy's location as well as that uphill climb! You really can't go wrong with booking here, we couldn't not be happier with our decision and our guests continuously tell us how beautiful our wedding day was!

2016-08-24T09:57:48 Response from the vendor

We are filled with so much joy that we were able to make your special day one to remember! Thank you so much for shouting out our staff and how they helped you, it is always great to be reminded that you are doing a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Caroline J

We hand an absolutely incredible experience working with Camp Lucy and our wonderful wedding coordinator, Stephanie Middleton! Stephanie took all the stress out of wedding planning, and did an incredible job both offering great ideas and making my requests "come true." If you... Read More book Camp Lucy, not only are you getting a gorgeous venue with an attentive staff, but also a smoothly planning process and day-of. If you're adding a coordinator, I highly recommend requesting Stephanie too!

2016-08-24T09:54:55 Response from the vendor

We are overjoyed that your Camp Lucy experience was one to remember! We are so happy that the coordinating and planning process was made a breeze by our staff for you! Thank you and we appreciate you reviewing us and sharing your Camp Lucy experience... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Gail P

Camp Lucy is the absolute best wedding facility in the Hill Country area. They are so easy to work with and do everything to make sure your day is perfect. A special shout out to Shelby Hawkins, our day of contact, she was a jewel. We had amazing food, a beautiful setting... Read More and a perfect evening at Camp Lucy.

2016-08-24T09:52:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that your process when so smoothly and that the team was able to make your special day perfect! We appreciate you sharing your Camp Lucy experience with us! -Camp Lucy Team

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Nancy J

A wedding venue for the wedding of your dreams! Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy with its majestic oak grove is the stuff dreams are made of - a whimsical setting to exchange heart-felt vows that will be remembered a life time! The beauty of the venue was rivaled only by the... Read More attentiveness and courtesy of the entire Whim staff.

2016-08-24T09:48:32 Response from the vendor

We are overjoyed with your thoughts of Camp Lucy! We are even more filled with joy that the Whim services help make that magical experience all fall into place. Thank you for sharing your Camp Lucy experience with us! -Camp Lucy Team

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

Camp Lucy was our first and only stop when we went venue shopping for our wedding. Its beautiful hill country views with rustic buildings and chic room décor sold us, without a doubt. But what also stole the show was the wonderful staff at Camp Lucy which also includes the Whim... Read More events family (florals, rentals and catering). Each and every one we came in contact with throughout the wedding process was so nice, full of energy, easy to get into contact with and very professional. These are amazing people who do amazing things! We couldn't have asked for a better team to make our dream wedding a reality. The site we choose was Sacred Oak and it was such a magical ceremony under the biggest oak trees in Hays County. We were so happy with our choice in venue and would highly recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. There are countless benefits that come with the venue that the value is extraordinary, so give them a call and decide for yourself. Thanks again to Camp Lucy! Special thanks to Sabrina Reed, Amy Oertli, Danielle Harkness and Stephanie Middleton. These women made our wedding stress free and went above and beyond every expectation we had. To put it simply, Camp Lucy is where dream weddings come true!

2016-08-24T09:46:11 Response from the vendor

Camp Lucy is so happy to hear that you had a love at first sight experience with the property and even more happy to hear that your special day was a dream come true. We are thrilled that working with all of the Whim services... Read Less Read More