Camp Lucy

Ballroom, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

3509 Creek Road, Dripping Springs, TX

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

Camp Lucy was our first and only stop when we went venue shopping for our wedding. Its beautiful hill country views with rustic buildings and chic room décor sold us, without a doubt. But what also stole the show was the wonderful staff at Camp Lucy which also includes the Whim... Read More events family (florals, rentals and catering). Each and every one we came in contact with throughout the wedding process was so nice, full of energy, easy to get into contact with and very professional. These are amazing people who do amazing things! We couldn't have asked for a better team to make our dream wedding a reality. The site we choose was Sacred Oak and it was such a magical ceremony under the biggest oak trees in Hays County. We were so happy with our choice in venue and would highly recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. There are countless benefits that come with the venue that the value is extraordinary, so give them a call and decide for yourself. Thanks again to Camp Lucy! Special thanks to Sabrina Reed, Amy Oertli, Danielle Harkness and Stephanie Middleton. These women made our wedding stress free and went above and beyond every expectation we had. To put it simply, Camp Lucy is where dream weddings come true!

2016-08-24T09:46:11 Response from the vendor

Camp Lucy is so happy to hear that you had a love at first sight experience with the property and even more happy to hear that your special day was a dream come true. We are thrilled that working with all of the Whim services... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Gail P

Camp Lucy is the absolute best wedding facility in the Hill Country area. They are so easy to work with and do everything to make sure your day is perfect. A special shout out to Shelby Hawkins, our day of contact, she was a jewel. We had amazing food, a beautiful setting... Read More and a perfect evening at Camp Lucy.

2016-08-24T09:52:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that your process when so smoothly and that the team was able to make your special day perfect! We appreciate you sharing your Camp Lucy experience with us! -Camp Lucy Team

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Rachel H

When choosing our wedding venue, Camp Lucy was the easiest decision we made during the entire planning process! I had previously researched and visited multiple venues in the Austin, Lake Travis and Dripping Springs area for my sister and friends, so I was able to compare them... Read More all to Camp Lucy and none of them come close. Both venues at Camp Lucy are gorgeous, but we fell in love with the ceremony site at Sacred Oaks. The site is breathtaking and feels like its own spiritual area under the oak trees dripping in twinkling lights. The porch is ideal for the cocktail hour, and the inside great hall is absolutely stunning! The high ceilings are breathtaking and perfect for dancing. The space is set up wonderfully for everything to flow smoothly during your entire event. The bridal suite's bathroom is also the perfect size for anyone that chooses to wear a big ball gown on their wedding day ;). A unique aspect about Camp Lucy is that they offer catering, florals, event rentals, and wedding planners. I had Kristen White, wedding planner, for my day of coordinator, and she is absolutely the BEST! She has been with Camp Lucy for over 10 years now, and she previously had her own wedding planning company. If you choose Camp Lucy, then you have to also use Kristen for your coordinator (even though hiring a coordinator is optional, I HIGHLY recommend it for the day of the wedding). The catering, florals, and rentals were all exquisite. Our guests cannnot stop raving about everything! It was honestly the best day of my life. Camp Lucy is incredibly professional, friendly, organized, and accommodating. I was hesitant at first that you had to use their caterer and florals, but after reviewing them and having consultations, I would have picked them even if I wasn't getting married at Camp Lucy. Alyssa with florals did an incredible job. Everything looked stunning, and she was able to display everything better than what I could have dreamed. Not to mention the food is absolutely amazing (get the shiner bock honey glazed salmon!!) Also, Luke with event rentals makes picking out everything for your wedding easy AND fun!! Everyone at Camp Lucy is professional and friendly. We did not have a single negative experience. I would remarry here tomorrow if I could!

2016-08-24T09:38:53 Response from the vendor

We are so thrilled that you had such a great experience with not only Camp Lucy but with all of the Whim services as well. Hearing that your perfect day all fell into place gives us so much joy! The team is so glad to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Baleigh B

I cannot say enough great things about Camp Lucy as a wedding venue. First off, its an absolutely beautiful venue that is so unique! It was a perfect place to get married. Everyone was so amazing to work with especially our coordinator Stephanie Middleton. Literally, every... Read More single detail was thought of and taken care of! Also, whats great is that we can go back and stay at Camp Lucy anytime we want to since they have beautiful cottages to stay in and lots of fun things to do in the area!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Angela C

After viewing a few venues in Houston, my heart was really wanting to say our "I do's" in Hill County. Our family is from out of state and we really wanted to show them the beauty of Texas! It's a quaint quiet location up in the hills so you have beautiful scenery overlooking a... Read More working ranch. Just by looking at pictures, and this venue being my only Hill Country appointment, I knew it was going to be an easy "yes" for me! Diane Hutchinson gave us a beautiful tour of both options and since our wedding was intimate (60 guests) we decided that Ian's Chapel would fit everyone perfectly! BONUS! If you want an outdoor wedding, there is a magnitude of ceremony option locations! We booked a year in advance, and on a Monday which turned out to be the best idea ever financially! Ashley Rousseau seamlessly answered my questions revised our proposal a few times. We were set free to start the planning process and Sabrina Read was our Manager on Duty and she helped us perfect our wedding day for the remainder of the planning process. Big Kudo's to Sabrina for going above and beyond and gathering as much history as she could for us so we could prepare a history blurb to our guests for cocktail hour. I booked one onsite cottage for me and my girls to get ready in! We showed up day-of, grabbed yummy breakfast food & coffee from their breakfast buffet and took it back to our cottage. The cottage girls also brought a lovely fruit tray to our cottage while we got ready! Since Camp Lucy is in the country, we all stayed at the Austin Marriott South (free shuttle to downtown for our guests) and my husband and I booked a private bus for our guests to safely get to-and-from Camp Lucy. It was a perfect decision and all transportation companies are aware of Camp Lucy's location as well as that uphill climb! You really can't go wrong with booking here, we couldn't not be happier with our decision and our guests continuously tell us how beautiful our wedding day was!

2016-08-24T09:57:48 Response from the vendor

We are filled with so much joy that we were able to make your special day one to remember! Thank you so much for shouting out our staff and how they helped you, it is always great to be reminded that you are doing a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Caroline J

We hand an absolutely incredible experience working with Camp Lucy and our wonderful wedding coordinator, Stephanie Middleton! Stephanie took all the stress out of wedding planning, and did an incredible job both offering great ideas and making my requests "come true." If you... Read More book Camp Lucy, not only are you getting a gorgeous venue with an attentive staff, but also a smoothly planning process and day-of. If you're adding a coordinator, I highly recommend requesting Stephanie too!

2016-08-24T09:54:55 Response from the vendor

We are overjoyed that your Camp Lucy experience was one to remember! We are so happy that the coordinating and planning process was made a breeze by our staff for you! Thank you and we appreciate you reviewing us and sharing your Camp Lucy experience... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Nancy J

A wedding venue for the wedding of your dreams! Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy with its majestic oak grove is the stuff dreams are made of - a whimsical setting to exchange heart-felt vows that will be remembered a life time! The beauty of the venue was rivaled only by the... Read More attentiveness and courtesy of the entire Whim staff.

2016-08-24T09:48:32 Response from the vendor

We are overjoyed with your thoughts of Camp Lucy! We are even more filled with joy that the Whim services help make that magical experience all fall into place. Thank you for sharing your Camp Lucy experience with us! -Camp Lucy Team

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 A X

Oh my goodness I cannot say enough good things about Camp Lucy! This place is the ultimate Hill Country wedding venue. My now husband and I flew down from NYC for 2 days and saw 9 venues in 1 day (we must have been crazy) but as soon as walked into the ceremony space at Sacred... Read More Oaks at Camp Lucy I knew it was it. My husband still talks about how magical it was to see it for the first time. I was initially worried about how it is all Whim (catering / rentals / etc) but honestly it was one of the best parts... everyone who works at Camp Lucy and Whim knows each other and coordinates with one another to make sure that everything lines up. I never realized how many different moving parts there would be in planning a wedding but with the Whim and Camp Lucy team it was SO much more manageable - they thought of things I never would! I literally emailed rentals / catering / my on-site coordinator at 2AM and they would respond by 9 or 10AM the next day with full options and explanations.. talk about dedication. Most of all, i really just loved working with each and every person at Camp Lucy (special shout outs to the Hawkins women!) their energy and passion for creating beautiful events shines through every meeting and call and you just feel so taken care of throughout the entire process and day of. Trust me, I know it seems like a big investment up front but it is worth every penny, and more! Thank you Camp Lucy for giving us the most magical wedding!

2016-06-15T09:49:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful event. We are even happier that you enjoyed having both Camp Lucy and the Whim team with full services for your wedding. We hope that you will come... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Madeline W

2 reviews 5.0 star rating 5/3/2016 I first saw Sacred Oaks when I was looking for a venue with my sister a few years ago, and it was not quite finished yet. I could tell it was going to be spectacular though, and as soon as we got engaged, we made an appointment to visit. The... Read More oak trees are breathtaking and the cocktail hour lawn and the reception hall is just beautiful! Needless to say, I whole-heartedly believe that this is the most beautiful venue around. When we visited (two weeks after we got engaged, and a year out of our ideal wedding date) they only had Fridays and Sundays available at both sites until mid-summer. We went with a Friday though, which ended up being perfect for us and our families. They encourage you to use Whim for catering, florals, and rentals because they work very closely with them and make everything so easy. We indeed used Whim for everything, and Camp Lucy has a unified billing setup that makes payment and tracking payments SO easy. We also rented out all of the cottages for both Thursday and Friday (our wedding was on a Friday evening) and that was the best part of the entire weekend. All of our friends and family were together, they provided s'mores for us by the fire pit each night, complimentary breakfast that is incredible, and we just had the best time. The staff at the cottages were so kind and caring and helpful, and they even had someone working the front desk throughout the nights just in case anyone ever needed anything. One of our attendants locked herself out of her cottage at 2 am and got a key right away :) We were slightly worried about having to shift everything inside because of inclement weather, but it was a beautiful day and cleared off in perfect time for them to get everything set up for us! The getting-ready facilities on site are also just gorgeous and perfect for beautiful photos. Shelby was our Manager On Duty for our day and was incredible. She's spunky and fun and super positive and helpful, and helped us get everything together wonderfully. Thanks to Campy Lucy, everything was everything we ever hoped it would be.

2016-06-15T10:36:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for all the kind words about all of our services! We are thrilled that it all fell into place and your special day turned out beautifully. We hope that you will come stay with us at the cottages again in the future!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Kristyn R

Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy was the only venue that caught my eye when I was looking for wedding venues in the Austin area. They had an open house the following weekend and when we toured the facility, we instantly knew it was the perfect venue! The way the lights hang in the trees... Read More over the ceremony site is breathtaking and timeless. The bridal suite is stunning and spacious. The staff are friendly and for the most part helpful. They require you to use Whim Catering and Whim Rentals. Our guests raved over how delicious the food was and multiple people told us it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! We stayed in the cabins the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding, along with our wedding party and immediate family. Not only were the cabins convenient, but they were also beautiful and very comfortable! We had to share the cabins with another wedding party the night of our wedding, so BOOK EARLY if you want all of them! Also, if you are planning on getting ready in the bridal suite the day of, make sure you negotiate that into your contract. Otherwise, they will try to charge an extra $100 per hour in addition to the venue fee. The only big hiccup that happened was the catering staff threw away our expensive wedding cake rather than packing it up for us, which is very upsetting. The management was apologetic and did their best to make it up to us, but throwing away a wedding cake is something I never imagined would happen and it's still a huge disappointment. Overall, we had a great experience at Camp Lucy and I would highly recommend them!

Wedding!

Reviewed on 11/28/2015 Nicole R

Camp Lucy was my top choice entering wedding planning! Thankfully, we were able to lock down and date that worked early on. If you are leaning towards a date, I HIGHLY recommend "holding" the date while deciding. The hold is put on your date for 7 days, so the chances of someone... Read More snatching your date becomes a non-factor! Venues in this area and Austin go VERY quickly, so don't delay nailing the venue down. Ian's Chapel offers several ceremony options (indoor and outdoor), which I believe is a MUST in Texas weather, regardless of the time of year. Ian's Chapel is a great option for variety and character! The staff was very helpful when communicating with my mom, myself and wedding coordinator (Beth Walker of 36th Street Events). The on-site cater (Whim Catering) was especially helpful and tasty! I have several food allergies (gluten, dairy, onion, garlic) and Whim accommodated each one in our tasting and the wedding. Guests said our food was some of the best they had ever had at a wedding! On the day off, the staff was great about, the manager on duty was great about introducing herself, yet not being pushy. All around, I LOVED Ian's Chapel at Camp Lucy and our wedding day. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Stunning Venue

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Shelby H

Everyone that attended my wedding kept going on and on about what a perfect venue Camp Lucy was. We were blessed with perfect weather and the ceremony under the trees at Sacred Oaks was exactly what I had hoped for. All the staff, especially Lindsay Blackwell & Shelby... Read More Hawkins were so attentive making sure that we had everything we needed throughout the day. The money we spent on this venue was definitely worth it. I wouldn't want to have my wedding anywhere else.

2016-06-15T10:07:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for all the kind words! We are so happy that you had a wonderful experience at Camp Lucy. We hope that you will come again and stay with us in the cottages.

If you are not stunned by the beauty of Camp Lucy you must be blind.

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Haley H

In one word Amazing. Literally every guest at the wedding spoke of how beautiful the venue is and how amazing the food was at dinner. We had some foodie's at our wedding who commented that this is not you run of the mill wedding food. It was delicious I would LOVE the recipe for... Read More the green chile macaroni and cheese. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and has multiple places to take great photos. The staff does not disappoint. I dealt with multiple people at Camp Lucy and each was more helpful than the last. The staff helped setup my wedding and helped break it down and with clean up. It took 20 minutes to be out of the venue at the end of the night (crazy fast if you have ever done this you know!). The only minor complaint is in the process of being fixed- billing. We had to pay each department separately which got confusing but they are in the process of streamlining this. The on site cabins are to die for. We will be spending anniversaries in the cabins. Our bridal party and family stayed the night before the wedding and we had great bonding time at the camp fire making smores. If I could do it all over again I would still absolutely get married at Camp Lucy.

Camp Lucy is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Kimberly O

Camp Lucy is the best place to get married! They were super professional and helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process! The venue itself is stunning and was the perfect place to get married! I highly recommend!

The Best Wedding Coordinator on the Planet!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Lauren S

Lindsey Blackwell was our assigned wedding coordinator through Camp Lucy, and my family and I couldn't have been more pleased with her services throughout the wedding planning process. Everything from her warmth, her evident investment in what she does, a genuine passion to... Read More help her clients and a complete willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty made Lindsey an invaluable part of our wedding planning process. She made herself available as often as I needed, and if she didn't answer a phone call she would always respond back with 24 hours either with a text or an email or a phone call. Even when we ran into snags with the venue itself and the delivery of certain items Lindsey jumped through hoops to try and accommodate what we needed, going so far as personally volunteering herself to pick up things like alcohol, etc. I definitely feel like we got WAY more than we paid for with Lindsey. People always advised us to get a wedding coordinator and I'm so glad we did, but more than that I'm grateful it was Lindsey and not just anyone. She was absolutely fantastic to work with. I don't think I would have survived the wedding sane without her help and steadying influence, truly. And I'm confident my family and now husband would agree. There really aren't enough emoji's to express our gratitude to Lindsey Blackwell!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Ami

SOO BEAUTIFUL! Camp Lucy was the best place ever to get married! The staff is helpful and everything was completely perfect! We were both so happy with how everything turned out! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Casey C

Facilities are great for hosting a large wedding. I highly recommend using Whim Catering as well (onsite warm cooked meal). I chose Ian's Chapel and have no regrets. The pavilion is wonderful for cocktail hour. The works for rain as well. Kristen White was the wedding... Read More coordinator-she was fantastic on making the event flow.

Beyond Personal Experience

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Cassie A

I knew from the moment my fiancé and I drove into Camp Lucy that we had found our perfect venue. From the beautiful view, secluded spaces and the friendliest staff we were hooked. We also utilized Whim Catering, Whim Floral and stayed in the Cottages the night before. All 3... Read More of these services went above and beyond my expectations! All in all, I simply can't recommend Camp Lucy enough- it's an experience that will make your dreams come true!

GORGEOUS venue with AMAZING staff!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Taylor E

My husband and I took almost 1 year to find the perfect ceremony and reception venue for our wedding. When we walked onto the Sacred Oaks premises at Camp Lucy we just knew--and booked asap! The ceremony site is a stunning backdrop of oak trees that are beautifully lit at night... Read More with a dramatic (but not too dramatic) long aisle. the reception hall is enormous and so elegant. Shelby was our day-of coordinator and she was fabulous! She followed up with me leading up to the wedding and herself as well as Andrea were blessings in disguise when we had some major unexpected issues arise. Their main concern was always making sure my event was how I envisioned it. I am so thankful to the great people working at Camp Lucy that we have been able to interact with, it makes a stunning venue stand out even more. And people are STILL sending me messages regarding how great the food was--and it was!! Chef Rob and his team delivered a culinary experience unlike any other wedding I've seen or participated in! And that says a lot coming from a group of people in the restaurant business. I cannot recommend Camp Lucy enough!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Lauren P

Camp Lucy was our absolute dream venue! From the second we stepped out of the car, we knew that we would be getting married at Ian's Chapel. All of the staff were exceptional. They took the time to show that they truly cared about every detail. Sabrina and Lindsay were such a... Read More blessing and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. It is the PERFECT venue. I wish we could do it all over again!

Great venue, food and staff but a little pricey

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Jennifer L

We had our wedding at Camp Lucy last Sunday. Overall we were very impressed with their staff, the venue and the food. They definitely came through to make our wedding a smashing success! Our guests constantly mentioned to us how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food... Read More tasted, the best food they had ever had at a wedding. We did have moments during our planning when we questioned our decision to book Camp Lucy as our venue because we felt nickle-and-dimed by them. We didn't realize when we booked that our catering bill (you have to use Camp Lucy catering) would have a staffing fee that would double our bill. They also had a lot of other charges that we thought would have been included when booking the venue. One example, their florist, which is located about 30 ft from the event hall, had a 20% service charge whereas the local florist we went through located in downtown Austin only had a 11% service charge and didn't charge for delivery. All in all, we are very happy with our Camp Lucy wedding and probably would not change anything.

Gorgeous but expensive

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Alexandra T

Camp Lucy is a gorgeous venue. We had Sacred Oaks and, although it rained all day, the staff was constantly around to make sure everything was in order. The caveat to all this was that Camp Lucy was, in our opinion, very expensive. I'm bummed that it rained all day so we didn't... Read More get to enjoy the outdoor section of our venue but that isn't their fault. The extra expenses come from having to use their rentals and catering, which I wasn't completely impressed with during our planning process. Overall, I would recommend Camp Lucy.

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Brittnee D

I am so happy that we chose Camp Lucy for our May 16th wedding. I could not have asked for a more perfect venue and event staff. Camp Lucy won me over with their Sacred Oaks venue. I'm pretty sure I cried when I first saw it. I'm from the East Texas area and we were looking for... Read More a "Texas Destination" wedding. I'm so happy I stumbled upon them. From the 1st meeting the staff was so friendly and involved in my planning process. We used all the amenities that Camp Lucy had to offer: Florals, Catering, Coordination, Rentals, etc. It was WONDERFUL to have everything all in one place, especially being from out of town. Stephanie was my event coordinator and WOW did she do an amazing job. Everything went so smoothly from start to finish. She gave us so many referrals to help make our day extra special. I did not feel stressed or worried for one minute at my wedding. She truly went above and beyond. Florals were fantastic. They did an amazing job of bringing my vision to life. Rentals had it all. They were so helpful and knowledgeable of everything that we might need and were great at helping us make selections. The catering department is phenomenal. The food choices are magnificent and so many guest told us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. I cannot say enough great things about Camp Lucy. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND them to everyone!

Couldn't have imagined a better wedding

Reviewed on 5/24/2015 Erika L

We recently were married at Camp Lucy, Ian's Chapel. The event space is beautiful, the grounds are picturesque and the staff is helpful and ensure that everything moved smoothly. We picked Camp Lucy because we fell in love at first sight--even with the high price tag--we were... Read More so happy with our decision. It would have been a perfect day with all our friends and family around, but being at Camp Lucy was like the cherry on top. Couldn't have been happier!

Beautiful Sophistication of Camp Lucy

Reviewed on 3/27/2015

Camp Lucy is truly a wonderful wedding venue!! Everything is the highest level of beautiful sophistication. From Ian's chapel with its romantic richness and carved beamed ceiling to the charming bridal suite. The gorgeous grounds create a stunning backdrop for wedding... Read More pictures. The staff was always available and friendly, assuring the wedding ran smoothly. We stayed at the Camp Lucy cottages where the staff went above and beyond to accommodate all our needs!! Camp Lucy makes for a memorable wedding that guests will love.