Capers Catering

Weddings are as unique as each client's personality. That is why a "cookie cutter" approach won't do. For over a decade, award-winning Capers Catering have been pleasing New England's most discerning palates. Our stylish custom menus and attentive service are our hallmark. Our team of experienced event professionals enjoy establishing long term relationships with each client. Capers’ prides itself on responsive customer service and care for the environment. We value your input and greatly appreciate your perspective. From start to finish, Capers Catering will help you create the perfect memory. Call today to create your custom wedding proposal.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

Boston, MA (800) 465-6509

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Claudia g

I am not by nature an effusive person, but I have nothing but the very highest regard and praise for Capers Catering for for Kate, in particular. My daughter was married a few days ago (so this impression is fresh!): Kate was with us all along the way-- no question was too small... Read More or ridiculous (or too repetitious) for her. She never showed the slightest impatience or irritation; she was always pleasant, professional, and extremely helpful. The food was delicious (Thank you Chef Kevin!) and presented beautifully without being precious or pretentious, service was prompt and friendly, and requests were fulfilled without delay. Kate thought of every contingency and helped guide us along to achieve the look and feel and taste of what we told her we wanted. I have zero hesitation is recommending Capers for your wedding. You simply cannot go wrong if you have them on your side.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jolie G

I cannot say enough great things about Capers! They were absolutely amazing from start to finish! I worked with Kate for my September wedding and she was so helpful, always responsive and the food at the wedding was amazing!! Our guests were saying that it was THE BEST... Read More wedding food they have ever had!! The presentation was beautiful, too. Kate went above and beyond the day of the wedding, helping to coordinate and manage the flow of the wedding. Kate was always visible and making sure we had what we needed. She and Capers were instrumental in making our wedding day a success. My venue was also very satisfied with Capers and there professionalism; they are listing them as a recommended vendor, as well.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Katherine A

I can't recommend Capers enough! We worked with Kristin and Leslie for our wedding at the Lyman Estate. Their exceptional attention to detail, creative ideas, and customer service made the menu selection for our wedding so much fun and stress-free! I knew we made the right... Read More choice during our tasting - Kristin and Leslie took copious notes and made a number of suggestions that were so helpful for everything related to the day (not just food!) - plates, silverware, drinks, where to organize our rentals at the venue, etc. And of course, perhaps most importantly, the food was absolutely delicious and so beautifully presented! Guests raved about the food at our wedding (and continue to do so!) Leslie was also extremely helpful on the wedding day - she took care of every detail (like the colored straws, cocktail napkins, menus, etc.!)...Capers is clearly more than just a caterer! Overall - Capers did a fabulous job!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Dawn H

Exceeded All Expectations! Capers exceeded all or our expectations -- starting with the first tasting and ending with the final dimming of the lights -- they executed flawlessly to create a special and memorable wedding day. Kate and Leslie were the perfect partners... Read More throughout the planning process. They asked all of the right questions, knew when to provide guidance and when to work with us and do some collective creative brainstorming. The team went out of its way to come up with a creative menu that the guests are still raving about. They suggested exactly the right combination of tables/chairs/china/silver to create the rustic/glam theme that the bride and groom envisioned. And they helped develop a layout that gave the guests plenty of room for dancing and socializing. But what really stood out for me was their instinct for knowing how to eliminate the small stresses that occur with any event of this size. On the day of the wedding, Leslie's calm and willingness to step in and help with a couple of "non-catering" related tasks, were above and beyond moments. She and the team exceeded all of our expectations throughout the day -- so much so that we can't wait to plan the next event!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Wm N

As FOB, I was very pleased with both the quality of the food and the service that Capers Catering presented. Every staff member was friendly, efficient and effective. "Getting it right" was important to them. Kate and Ex. Chef, Kevin were very accommodating to our requests.... Read More They offered excellent suggestions and the overall delivery of service and planning was excellent.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Mariella C

Best company to use for your wedding! I had the pleasure of working with Kate Monteiro who went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect the day of the wedding. She was extremely attentive to detail, very organized, and knew the right questions to ask so everything... Read More went smoothly. The food was out of the world, both in taste and presentation. There wasn't a detailed missed, from the matching colored straws, to the food tags and gorgeous tiered displays. If you are looking for true quality food, service, and a stress-free vendor to work with, Capers is perfect!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Stephanie I

We loved working with Kate and Capers! We only went to one tasting and we didn't need to go to another after that. They were incredibly helpful and knowledgable, helping us plan the simple yet elegant wedding we wanted. Everyone I spoke to after the wedding raved about how good... Read More the food was from the hors d'oeuvres to the main meal, everything was interesting and flavorful, not your typical boring wedding meal. We would not hesitate to recommend Capers to anyone looking for a top notch delicious, reliable and on top of it all affordable caterer!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Shelley B

Our experience with Capers coukd not have been better! Everyone with whom we dealt--the coordinator, the onsite staff, and the chef--was knowledgeable, resourceful, gracious, and talented. They were flexible when the weather took a couple of turns for the worst and then better,... Read More and put us all at ease. All in all. A great experience

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Florence L

Capers did the catering for our July 30, 2016 wedding at the Connors Center. Kate helped us with more than we knew to do, all while keeping in mind our budget. She helped craft our menu with fun ideas like sweet potato fries and tater tots as part of the hors d'oeuvres, and an... Read More ice cream bar for dessert. Our guests afterward commented about the deliciousness of all the food and the cheerfulness and attentiveness of the staff. Kate was also very familiar with our venue, so everything went smoothly, from planning to the big day. Saying that she played a large role in the success of the cocktail hour and reception is not enough. Capers not only helped with placing centerpieces, but with our escort cards and guest books. There was not one negative thing about our experience with Capers!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jane L

My daughter and her husband were married at The Gardens at Elm Bank July 17, 2016. They wanted a vegetarian event and I wanted an elegant event where guests would feel they had had a marvelous meal- Capers meshed both requests perfectly. From planning to execution Kate and the... Read More master chef were responsive and flexible. I have planned weddings prior to this one, and in a heartbeat I would hire Capers again for any event that I didn't prepare myself!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Charon W

Caper's Catering handled our 9/22/16 wedding at the Lyman Estate. I have to say they did a FANTASTIC job. The food, day of, was delicious, and all of our guests raved about it. Even though we had a buffet style reception, server's still approached us frequently to ask if we... Read More needed anything. Our drinks were constantly refilled without us needing to ask and all of the staff made us feel incredibly comfortable and at ease. During the planning process Kate was happy to take any of the personal requests we had and turn them into a reality. Our event manager, Shawna, was so helpful and our bartender, Jaymes, was just incredible to work with. Would absolutely hire them again for any event.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Charon W

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Claire H

I highly recommend Capers Catering. If you are looking for exceptional service and most importantly delicious and quality food, Capers is the place to go! Kate and her team helped to cater my August wedding at Tower Hill Botanical Gardens. Not only was the food delicious and the... Read More staff professional, but Kate was available and extremely helpful throughout the planning process. From suggesting table arrangements to best fit our space to helping us acquire booster/seats high chairs for young guests, Kate was a pleasure to work with. I would pick Capers again, and I hope other brides do as well!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 jessica h

We used capers for our wedding last May at the Multicultural Arts Center in Cambridge. Working with them was flawless and Kate was so lovely to work with. Everyone raved about the food (best wedding food most have ever had!). The whole day was perfect and a lot of that had... Read More to do with how great Capers is. Highly, highly recommend Kate and Capers.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Noelle F

More than just a caterer, Capers made our special day perfect in every way. The food was phenomenal (the guests raved) and our Capers event manager (Kate) was detail oriented, extremely helpful, and so on top of everything. From wedding decor placement throughout the venue to... Read More making sure timing of every event went smoothly, we couldn't have asked for more. We are thrilled that we chose Capers and would choose them again in a heartbeat. Thank you for your amazing work Capers!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Chelsea E

Capers Catering could not have been a more perfect choice for our wedding food and catering services. They worked tirelessly to provide us with top-quality food that matched our vision for the wedding; they went above and beyond to make sure that the entrees were exactly what we... Read More were looking for. They were flexible and responsive every step of the way. The day of the wedding, their service was impeccable. Everyone raved about our wedding food afterward, from the Colombian-themed appetizers during cocktail hour to the delicious entrees during dinner. During cocktail hour, some of the servers made it a point to go to where we were taking photos and make sure we had a plate of appetizers set aside. Everything about Capers was wonderful, and we would highly recommend them as a wedding caterer.

Wonderful Quality and Service by Capers

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

As parent of the bride, choosing a caterer was the major portion of the budget for the garden wedding reception in June. Quality of the food provided by Capers was outstanding: Tenderloin, Bistro Chicken and Orzo & Spinach stuffed eggplant. Perfect presentation and attention to... Read More detail. Most importantly - Kate listens to what you want in a positive, helpful, can do way. Her serving staff was attentive and outstanding also. Note: I recommend a menu at each place setting to detail the impressive gourmet selections (also the ice cream sundae bar was very popular on that summer evening).

Fantastic catering service!

Reviewed on 12/24/2015 Emily M

Capers did an amazing job providing the catering + bar services for our wedding this past spring! We were incredibly pleased not only with the quality of the food (everyone agreed it was delicious!) but also with the helpfulness of our coordinator, Kate Monteiro. From the... Read More beginning Kate worked with us to develop a personalized menu that fit our tastes and our budget - she even helped us work in some specific recipes of our own that had special meaning to us. She was always professional and very responsive - from menu edits to table/linens/china rentals, to day-of planning, Kate was always very on top of things. We knew from the tasting that the food would be delicious, but we were even more impressed come the big day! All of the guests agreed that the food was amazing. And not only that, but Kate was there every step of the way to make sure that my husband and I actually got to eat the food on the big day! She brought us of own trays of hors d'oeuvres as we arrived, and made sure to serve our entrees first so that we could sneak in a few bites before we continued greeting all of our tables of guests. I was a bit worried that we didn't hire a day-of coordinator, but thankfully Kate was amazing and worked with all of our vendors to ensure that the reception went smoothly. My husband and I couldn't have been more pleased with Kate and the rest of the Capers team and would highly recommend them to any couple in the Boston area!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Kaitlin B

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Capers catering. We used them for my wedding in September and hands down was one of the best decisions we made. From start to finish they were top notch. Leading up to the wedding Kate at Capers was amazing. She was incredibly... Read More organized and provided an immense amount of support every step of the way in the planning process. We always felt like we were the only wedding she had – her support and guidance was invaluable. The food and service at the wedding was spectacular, we got so many compliments on the food. The food was very important to us at the wedding so it was so nice knowing that we were in great hands with Kate and Capers. Thank you Kate and Capers for making our day so perfect!!!

Excellent caterers

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Meredith S

I had a fantastic experience with Capers. I worked with Kristin, who basically doubles as a wedding planner and caterer. She helped us plan the menu, design the dinner set up, and coordinate the entire flow of the reception. Kristin was on-site the entire evening, and her... Read More staff was professional and flawless. I had no issues during the reception thanks to Kristin and her team. And, of course, the food was more than excellent. Family and friends were raving about the food for days after the wedding. I would highly recommend.

We could rule the world!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Lindsay P

From the day we requested an estimate up until the wedding day, Capers was the absolute best. I had never planned a catered event, let a alone a wedding and Kate and Theresa were attentive, patient, overly communicative, and genuinely interested and friendly the entire time.... Read More Their attention to detail and organization was outstanding. They even gave me advice on other aspects of the wedding day since they had been to so many, which was extremely helpful. It's nice to hear what the experts have seen and prefer and know what works best. In our final meeting with the venue about 30 days before the wedding, they were so organized the event could have occurred the next day. Together with the venue, we crossed our T's and dotted our I's, everything question was answered and there was nothing left to do between then and the wedding. It was such a smooth, efficient meeting, that our family said the three of us could rule the world. But really, that just tells you how buttoned up and professional they really were. Not to mention just an overall pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015

We used Capers for our daughter's wedding in September at the Bradley Estate in Canton. Kate, Therese and the entire staff were wonderful. The food was delicious and the waitstaff was professional, warm and courteous. A number of our guests comments on the food and the staff. We... Read More highly recommend Capers!

Loved Capers!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Nora T

We hired Capers to cater our wedding in October and we're so glad we did! We worked with Kate throughout the entire process and she was so friendly and helpful. I thought I was detail-oriented, but after our walk through with Kate I knew I had met my match! She was so organized... Read More and thoughtful - I knew nothing would be overlooked on our wedding day. She also offered great suggestions on how to use the space at our venue and the flow of the day. The food was also amazing. So many of our guests commented on how tasty everything was! Great job all around!

Excellent!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kate H

Food was very important to us and also our biggest wedding expense so we interviewed 3 caterers in the Boston area and chose Capers for their excellent responsiveness, value, and delicious food. Kristin was such a joy to work with! She was so professional and was happy to... Read More discuss anything from the menu to the color of the seat cushions. She was always very prompt and reassuring when I was stressing about the little details. Our other coordinators and chefs on our wedding day were totally on-the-ball – very professional and kept things on track with timing. Capers staff also perfectly arranged all of the little details I wanted like favors, candles, program basket, table placement, reserved seat signs, etc. making the day even more stress free! The quality of the food was EXCELLENT. The mini lobster roll hors d’hoeuvres, my absolute favorite from our tasting, were perfect! I was completely in awe that all of the steaks came out perfectly (not overcooked). Many of our guests came up to us afterwards and raved about how this was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. I would highly recommend trusting Capers with the most special day in your life! (Total cost based on 160 guests, chicken/steak/veggie dinner option and a few rental upgrades)

Fantastic job!! Professional and tasty

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Blair D

I used Capers for my wedding in October 2015, and Kate and the team did a fantastic job. I got a number of quotes from other caterers and Capers was one of the most reasonable and by far the most professional in the price range. I would highly recommend them. Everyone at my... Read More wedding loved the food and the service was great too. I would happily use their services again.

Start a Conversation!