Capers Catering

Weddings are as unique as each client's personality. That is why a "cookie cutter" approach won't do. For over a decade, award-winning Capers Catering have been pleasing New England's most discerning palates. Our stylish custom menus and attentive service are our hallmark. Our team of experienced event professionals enjoy establishing long term relationships with each client. Capers’ prides itself on responsive customer service and care for the environment. We value your input and greatly appreciate your perspective. From start to finish, Capers Catering will help you create the perfect memory. Call today to create your custom wedding proposal.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

Loved Capers!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Nora T

We hired Capers to cater our wedding in October and we're so glad we did! We worked with Kate throughout the entire process and she was so friendly and helpful. I thought I was detail-oriented, but after our walk through with Kate I knew I had met my match! She was so organized... Read More and thoughtful - I knew nothing would be overlooked on our wedding day. She also offered great suggestions on how to use the space at our venue and the flow of the day. The food was also amazing. So many of our guests commented on how tasty everything was! Great job all around!

Fantastic job!! Professional and tasty

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Blair D

I used Capers for my wedding in October 2015, and Kate and the team did a fantastic job. I got a number of quotes from other caterers and Capers was one of the most reasonable and by far the most professional in the price range. I would highly recommend them. Everyone at my... Read More wedding loved the food and the service was great too. I would happily use their services again.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Becca M

Capers Catering is exactly the type of caterer you want for your wedding. I can seriously think of nothing that I would have changed about them or wish they did differently. They made everything from the initial tasting to after-wedding details simple, easy, and most of all -... Read More fun! They take such pride in their creation of unique and fitting menus and execute with precision. The day was flawless thanks to Kate and her team. About the food: The food is absolutely delicious. There was not one thing I did not enjoy. Fresh, seasonal, creative... Absolutely amazing food, creative menu, and a beautiful, classy presentation. What more could you want? The staff: Kate was a complete joy to work with. She makes you feel like your wedding is the only wedding they are working on. She is responsive, efficient, knowledgeable, and most of all, a genuine sweetheart. All of the staff we interacted with before and throughout the wedding (servers, chef, waitstaff, bartenders, etcetc) were absolutely wonderful. Execution/Timing: With a wedding, schedule and timing are huge! A lot of this will depend on your caterer. Everything ran completely smoothly, with perfectly timed everything from first course to dessert, Amazing food. Wonderful staff. Perfect wedding caterer.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Noelle F

More than just a caterer, Capers made our special day perfect in every way. The food was phenomenal (the guests raved) and our Capers event manager (Kate) was detail oriented, extremely helpful, and so on top of everything. From wedding decor placement throughout the venue to... Read More making sure timing of every event went smoothly, we couldn't have asked for more. We are thrilled that we chose Capers and would choose them again in a heartbeat. Thank you for your amazing work Capers!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Chelsea E

Capers Catering could not have been a more perfect choice for our wedding food and catering services. They worked tirelessly to provide us with top-quality food that matched our vision for the wedding; they went above and beyond to make sure that the entrees were exactly what we... Read More were looking for. They were flexible and responsive every step of the way. The day of the wedding, their service was impeccable. Everyone raved about our wedding food afterward, from the Colombian-themed appetizers during cocktail hour to the delicious entrees during dinner. During cocktail hour, some of the servers made it a point to go to where we were taking photos and make sure we had a plate of appetizers set aside. Everything about Capers was wonderful, and we would highly recommend them as a wedding caterer.

Wonderful Quality and Service by Capers

Reviewed on 1/18/2016

As parent of the bride, choosing a caterer was the major portion of the budget for the garden wedding reception in June. Quality of the food provided by Capers was outstanding: Tenderloin, Bistro Chicken and Orzo & Spinach stuffed eggplant. Perfect presentation and attention to... Read More detail. Most importantly - Kate listens to what you want in a positive, helpful, can do way. Her serving staff was attentive and outstanding also. Note: I recommend a menu at each place setting to detail the impressive gourmet selections (also the ice cream sundae bar was very popular on that summer evening).

Fantastic catering service!

Reviewed on 12/24/2015 Emily M

Capers did an amazing job providing the catering + bar services for our wedding this past spring! We were incredibly pleased not only with the quality of the food (everyone agreed it was delicious!) but also with the helpfulness of our coordinator, Kate Monteiro. From the... Read More beginning Kate worked with us to develop a personalized menu that fit our tastes and our budget - she even helped us work in some specific recipes of our own that had special meaning to us. She was always professional and very responsive - from menu edits to table/linens/china rentals, to day-of planning, Kate was always very on top of things. We knew from the tasting that the food would be delicious, but we were even more impressed come the big day! All of the guests agreed that the food was amazing. And not only that, but Kate was there every step of the way to make sure that my husband and I actually got to eat the food on the big day! She brought us of own trays of hors d'oeuvres as we arrived, and made sure to serve our entrees first so that we could sneak in a few bites before we continued greeting all of our tables of guests. I was a bit worried that we didn't hire a day-of coordinator, but thankfully Kate was amazing and worked with all of our vendors to ensure that the reception went smoothly. My husband and I couldn't have been more pleased with Kate and the rest of the Capers team and would highly recommend them to any couple in the Boston area!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Kaitlin B

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Capers catering. We used them for my wedding in September and hands down was one of the best decisions we made. From start to finish they were top notch. Leading up to the wedding Kate at Capers was amazing. She was incredibly... Read More organized and provided an immense amount of support every step of the way in the planning process. We always felt like we were the only wedding she had – her support and guidance was invaluable. The food and service at the wedding was spectacular, we got so many compliments on the food. The food was very important to us at the wedding so it was so nice knowing that we were in great hands with Kate and Capers. Thank you Kate and Capers for making our day so perfect!!!

Excellent caterers

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Meredith S

I had a fantastic experience with Capers. I worked with Kristin, who basically doubles as a wedding planner and caterer. She helped us plan the menu, design the dinner set up, and coordinate the entire flow of the reception. Kristin was on-site the entire evening, and her... Read More staff was professional and flawless. I had no issues during the reception thanks to Kristin and her team. And, of course, the food was more than excellent. Family and friends were raving about the food for days after the wedding. I would highly recommend.

We could rule the world!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Lindsay P

From the day we requested an estimate up until the wedding day, Capers was the absolute best. I had never planned a catered event, let a alone a wedding and Kate and Theresa were attentive, patient, overly communicative, and genuinely interested and friendly the entire time.... Read More Their attention to detail and organization was outstanding. They even gave me advice on other aspects of the wedding day since they had been to so many, which was extremely helpful. It's nice to hear what the experts have seen and prefer and know what works best. In our final meeting with the venue about 30 days before the wedding, they were so organized the event could have occurred the next day. Together with the venue, we crossed our T's and dotted our I's, everything question was answered and there was nothing left to do between then and the wedding. It was such a smooth, efficient meeting, that our family said the three of us could rule the world. But really, that just tells you how buttoned up and professional they really were. Not to mention just an overall pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015

We used Capers for our daughter's wedding in September at the Bradley Estate in Canton. Kate, Therese and the entire staff were wonderful. The food was delicious and the waitstaff was professional, warm and courteous. A number of our guests comments on the food and the staff. We... Read More highly recommend Capers!

Excellent!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kate H

Food was very important to us and also our biggest wedding expense so we interviewed 3 caterers in the Boston area and chose Capers for their excellent responsiveness, value, and delicious food. Kristin was such a joy to work with! She was so professional and was happy to... Read More discuss anything from the menu to the color of the seat cushions. She was always very prompt and reassuring when I was stressing about the little details. Our other coordinators and chefs on our wedding day were totally on-the-ball – very professional and kept things on track with timing. Capers staff also perfectly arranged all of the little details I wanted like favors, candles, program basket, table placement, reserved seat signs, etc. making the day even more stress free! The quality of the food was EXCELLENT. The mini lobster roll hors d’hoeuvres, my absolute favorite from our tasting, were perfect! I was completely in awe that all of the steaks came out perfectly (not overcooked). Many of our guests came up to us afterwards and raved about how this was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. I would highly recommend trusting Capers with the most special day in your life! (Total cost based on 160 guests, chicken/steak/veggie dinner option and a few rental upgrades)

Capers is incredible

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

The food and the service are both exceptional. Working with Kate M was like having our own personal wedding planner. She covers all the details. For example, our wedding was outside and she developed a very comprehensive rain plan.

Capers Catering is the best!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Tory A

We used Capers for our wedding in July 2015 and had the most amazing experience with them. Their team was an absolute pleasure to work with from the tasting to our wedding day. The food was amazing, and they were able to customize our menu to include subtle details that were... Read More important to my husband and I. When choosing a caterer, we really wanted to work with a team that valued service above everything else. The staff was polite and extremely efficient throughout the evening. If anything went wrong, I certainly didn't know about it. They are true professionals and handled everything behind-the scenes without an issue. I would recommend Capers to everyone I know!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Ashley G

We used Capers Catering for our wedding of 150 guests at Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center and they truly made the event a complete success. Choosing a caterer was probably one of the harder decisions throughout the wedding planning process for us, but Capers' professionalism,... Read More experience, and excellent food made the choice a no-brainer. Kate worked with us throughout the entire planning process and was incredibly responsive and knowledgeable. She had excellent suggestions, accommodated all of our requests, and brought our vision of our perfect wedding to life. Theresa was the event coordinator on the day of our event and she was amazing as well. Everything was executed perfectly, the space looked incredibly beautiful all set up, the service was spot-on, and the food was phenomenal. My family won't stop talking about how perfectly cooked their salmon was. During what is inevitably a very stressful planning process, working with Capers was a breeze and thanks to them our wedding day was pretty perfect. I would highly recommend them.

For Ellegance and Impecable Service, Look No Further

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Nicole S

If I could give Capers Catering a 10 out of 5 I would. I am truly at a loss to describe how incredible they were from start to finish. As a foodie, one of the most important things to me was my guests to remember the meal. The dress and the photos, those are for me. The food is... Read More where I wanted to impress my guests; and that was going to be difficult being one of ten weddings in 2015. From the beginning, Kristin helped us to craft the perfect menu of elegant and different passed apps, a gorgeous cheese display and an unforgettable main dish. They were able to take crowd pleasing dishes to the next level of elegance with presentation and flavor. Additionally, we had many gluten free family members and that was not a problem. Many of them went out of there way after the wedding to thank me and say that it was the best wedding meal they've ever had. Same for the vegetarians. One of my favorite things about Capers was that they never made our guests with dietary restrictions feel like they needed to pack snacks or knew there would be limited things for them to eat. Our wedding was in August so for the main course we did a surf and turf with filet and shrimp as well as a chicken with a warm peach salsa. When we had our tasting both were so good that I asked if we could have both meals at our wedding. Again, I had so many guests come up to me on the dance floor and tell me that it was the best filet they've ever had. The meat was perfectly cooked and we had a wedding of about 140.Dessert was fantastic. My husband and I are not big cake people so we got a small cake to cut and then wanted an impressive looking dessert bar which turned into mostly a cookie bar. Capers made such a beautiful display and worked with us to make a twist on my favorite girl scout cookies and passed homemade oreos with milkshake shooters. I could go on and on about the food but the service was just as wonderful. The servers made sure that all our guests had passed hors d'oeuvres and they made sure we had all of our favorite apps waiting for us the minute we arrived. I can’t say enough about Capers service you won’t be disappointed with their service day of or their attentiveness beforehand. They made our day incredible and beyond all of my dreams.

Quality Service and Food!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

I absolutely loved working with Capers Catering. Kristin was amazing in every way - professional, attentive, and honest. She provided my husband and me with great suggestions and opinions, and supported us every step of the way. Our wedding couldn't have been better. Capers... Read More ensured that the night ran smoothly from the set up, to the service, to the pack up. The food was fantastic - flavor and presentation A+. Our guests continue to compliment us 2 months later. Truly a night to remember. Thanks, Capers!

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Patrice R

We loved Capers! They catered our wedding and the food was amazing! We mainly worked with Kristin and she was highly responsive and helped us craft the perfect menu for our wedding. She also made our floorplan and helped with numerous other aspects of the planning outside of... Read More catering. As we got closer to our wedding date, we also worked with Teresa, who was on-sight during our wedding. She was also amazing! We would highly recommend the Capers team to anyone getting married who wants amazing food and top notch customer service.

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Diane M

After much research my daughter chose Capers to cater her wedding at the Crane Estate in Ipswich. I cannot tell you how perfect everything was - the meals were truly first class, the appetizers unique and fantastic, and the service impeccable. Capers really went out of their... Read More way to accommodate our guests with gluten issues to ensure that their meals were carefully prepared. The vegetarian guests went out of their way to tell us that their meals were the best they have ever had at any event (and one guest works as an event planner at very high level functions in Washington, DC). I just cannot say enough about the quality of the food and the service - yes, they made sure that the bride and family didn't miss out on any of those delicious appetizers! So many guests commented on the wonderful meals that I want to thank Capers again for their superior attention to detail and the effort they put in to make this a truly memorable occasion. Thank you!

Fabulous Food & Service

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Susan K

Emma and her team at Capers know how to throw a party! They have every detail covered and do it with great ease! Kate was wonderful to work with and so helpful!! I cant wait to use Capers again!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Sarah B

Capers was superb when they catered my wedding at the Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center. They worked seamlessly with the staff at the venue. Kate was our coordinator and was responsive, helpful and friendly. She guided us through the entire process and provided helpful... Read More advice when needed, but let us make our own decisions as well. The entire staff was truly great. Our DJ had the dance floor going crazy the entire night and the staff were dancing on the side as they waited to clear tables and serve the late night snack we had planned. It just made for a really fun, but professional environment that we loved. And then there was the amazing food! All around delicious! From the appetizers, through salad, dinner and the dessert buffet, all the way to the late night coffee milkshakes, sliders and fries, the food was delicious, filling and beautifully presented. I highly recommend Capers!

Capers Was Great!

Reviewed on 2/16/2015

To my daughter and her fiance having a variety of really good food choices at their wedding for themselves and their guests was tied for "number one priority" with a pretty and simple venue, which the Codman Estate fulfilled. Kate Monteiro and the Capers Chef gave us excellent... Read More items for our tasting which largely confirmed what we had planned for the menu. Food was our most expensive item (as is typically the case as we were serving about 100 guests) but definitely worth having the care and expertise Capers brought to this family occasion. With an afternoon-through-evening June wedding, Capers presented us with a wonderful selection: non-alcoholic, thirst quenching berry lemonade and iced tea beverages with a number of passed hors d'oeures right after the outdoor ceremony (including vegetarian, vegan and non-V choices, then beer and wine went with little sliders of different varieties for guests to pick up and enjoy during the lawn games, and a delightful buffet combining vegan, vegetarian and non-V choices. Guests loved the small sliders, the lemon garlic chicken and the miso glazed salmon was a particular hit. Dessert was by another vendor but then, during dancing with an iPad and amplification, we had mini-cookies. Everyone found delicious options to enjoy. Planning was excellent and thorough; the servers were on top of everything. Kate Monteiro was a delight to work with and impeccably organized. June2014MotheroftheBride

Great food, presentation, service AND behind-the-scenes help

Reviewed on 12/07/2014 Joanna A

My wedding was at Codman Estate, Lincoln, MA, in August 2013. Historic New England (who run the Estate as a historic property and event space) have a limited list of caterers they trust to trust the site well and will work well with the site staff. When I got around to... Read More researching, I was so glad they directed me to Capers. From the start, Kate was assigned to our event, and she was very helpful and easy to reach. She was easy to talk to and work with about budget constraints. We went for a tasting (adding another person at the last minute who they accommodated beautifully) and you could tell that the staff there truly cared about the taste, variety and presentation of the food we would be serving. I did some things for the wedding myself, but I really appreciated that they worked with Historic New England and the Codman Estate to take care of chairs and linens and let me know what sort of things I'd have to take care of- they helped me be organized. We had some special lemonades served before our ceremony and these fabulous passed hors d'oeurves immediately after. They took care of the bar and our signature drinks and all the servers I spoke to were so nice and professional. We had a variety of cupcakes and ice cream sundaes instead of traditional wedding cake and people raved about it. The thing that made Capers and Kate so special was that she acted as a sort of "wedding planner" for us on the day of the event. I knew she was keeping track of the time and the details and that everything was running smoothly so I could really enjoy the event. I cannot stress how delicious our dinners were- to start we had little salads with flowers on them then, braised boneless short ribs or salmon or a stacked vegetable dish for vegans. I was absolutely and totally happy with all of it and my guests loved it.

Loved every moment with Capers

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Liz C

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this company and it's employees. Working with Capers was by far one of my favorite parts about our wedding. I am allergic to gluten, so I just assumed that I wouldn't be eating much at our wedding in order to accommodate the guests.... Read More That was absolutely not the case, Capers did almost a completely gluten free menu for us and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. The most incredible part was that the guests didn't even know the food was gluten free, and they raved about it as well. Additionally, working with Kate and John to create our menu was a blast. My husband Frank and I spend a lot of time in South Carolina and they were able to take recipes from our favorite restaurants and recreate them! Not only were Kate and John fabulous to work with, but their staff that worked our wedding was amazing too. Literally, the kindest and most thoughtful catering company I have ever met! I know that it can seem like a huge amount of money to go with a caterer, but look no further than Capers. You will NOT be disappointed. I really hope that we'll get a chance to work with them again in the near future!

Capers Rocks!

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Kristina B

We used Capers for our June 2014 wedding at the Charles River Museum of Industry and Innovation (CRMI), upon the recommendation of our wedding planner (Emilie Chang of Pink Orchid Weddings). From the tasting we did in June 2013 to the delicious cupcakes that ended our wedding... Read More reception, we had a wonderful experience with Capers staff. We worked with Kate Monteiro and the chef to design a menu of passed hors d'oeuvres (mini lobster rolls, spring rolls, watermelon feta cups, and crab cakes), salad, stations (sliders, mac and cheese, and tacos) with three types of cupcakes for dessert. They helped us accommodate allergies (nut and soy) as well as vegan and gluten-free diets. Kate was so helpful and knowledgeable about catering and about the CRMI space and logistics that we never worried one bit about how the catering would go. The food also turned out amazing. Our guests could not stop raving about it!