Capers Catering

Weddings are as unique as each client's personality. That is why a "cookie cutter" approach won't do. For over a decade, award-winning Capers Catering have been pleasing New England's most discerning palates. Our stylish custom menus and attentive service are our hallmark. Our team of experienced event professionals enjoy establishing long term relationships with each client. Capers’ prides itself on responsive customer service and care for the environment. We value your input and greatly appreciate your perspective. From start to finish, Capers Catering will help you create the perfect memory. Call today to create your custom wedding proposal.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

Boston, MA (800) 465-6509

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Debra M

After several tastings we chose Capers for our home wedding. Kate was amazing- always available to answer questions either by email or phone. She came out to our house with the head waiter to look at our home and determine where everything would be located during the reception.... Read More The day of our wedding the crew arrived promptly and went to work with preparation. Everything went seamlessly during the reception and they timed everything so I didn’t have to worry about a thing. All of the food was just as we ordered and really delicious. Their farm to table creativity was evident in all dishes served. I highly recommend Capers!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Karinna S

Kate was so easy to work with throughout the whole planning process. She was very attentive and responsive -- she also offered great suggestions which helped us match our budget and priorities for our wedding. She is a true professional and we totally trusted that she would pull... Read More off a fantastic event. We also got great compliments on the food, so our guests seemed happy! All in all, we'd definitely recommend Capers.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Stephanie S

Capers is fantastic all around; my wife and I were absolutely thrilled with our experience start to finish. We had a cocktail party reception with heavy passed appetizers and Capers picked up on the vibe and type of food we wanted right away. Kate and Leslie were incredibly... Read More responsive and attentive via email, and hosted a tasting for us at Capers to finalize our menu (which was definitely worth the time, as we did change several menu items after the tasting). The food was excellent (favorites: mac & cheese cups, truffle tots, tuna tartar wontons, brownie pops), the staff very professional and timely, and the coordination with our wine/beverage provider flawless. We recommend without hesitation. So much so that at a recent family event, we had Capers cater dinner!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Emily B

Capers was the best! From the beginning, Kate worked so hard to develop the perfect menu with us. She was so flexible and they even made a recipe that we gave them! The tasting was not only free (unlike many companies), but a wonderful experience in and of itself. The customer... Read More service they provided in coordination leading up to the wedding was above and beyond what we would have even hoped or expected! And then the food was the highlight of our wedding! Everyone LOVED it - I cannot speak highly enough of the quality of the meal. Getting Capers was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding! 100% recommend!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Emma G

I cannot say enough positive things about Capers. Our experience with them was fantastic. The food was delicious, and all of our guests kept commenting on the quality of it. Furthermore, Kate was amazing to work with and went above and beyond to make sure that our ideas and... Read More favorite foods were represented in our menu. I can't say enough positive things about Capers. Highly highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Rachel R

I used Capers for my wedding this past summer at the Lyman Estate and I had an amazing experience working with Kate and everyone on the Capers staff. The food was delicious, we received tons of praise all night - even from the pickiest of eaters! The service was unbelievable,... Read More Kate and all of the waitstaff went out of their way to make sure my husband and I, and every one of the guests were constantly happy and well-fed. We had to quickly move the cocktail hour and toasts inside when it started to rain, but no one even noticed because the Capers team was able to transition everything so seamlessly! I would highly recommend Capers for your wedding, or any event you could think to hire them for, they are worth every penny!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Sarah C

After several wedding tastings we unanimously decided to go with Capers. The quality of their food and their attention to detail are unprecedented. Our friends and families could not stop raving about the food and presentation. Kate was also absolutely phenomenal to work with.... Read More She remembered every little detail and moved things along to ensure that everything was executed properly. Her positive attitude and professionalism were truly appreciated. Thank you Capers!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Veronique L

Leslie, Kristin, and the Capers team were wonderful! My husband and I appreciated how easy it was to work with them for our wedding this past September. Both Leslie and Kristin were poised and very responsive to our emails and various requests from start to finish. On the day of... Read More the wedding, Leslie was flexible and not only took creative license in arranging many of the DIY decorations to make the reception space beautiful, but also stepped in to make sure the ceremony went off without a hitch. She was so attentive throughout the night. The food and drinks were excellent and made with high quality, fresh ingredients. Many of our guests told us this was by far the best meal they've had at a wedding (and we couldn't agree more with them!). We had such a great experience with Capers and would recommend them to anyone looking for a catering service.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Katie P

We used Capers for our wedding in September and the food and service were amazing. We worked with Kate to plan the menu and rental items and had Gabrielle for the day of coordination. Capers really does act as a wedding coordinator as well as a caterer. I was a little nervous... Read More about planning a timeline and making sure everything was running on schedule the day of, but after meeting with Kate and Gabrielle for our venue walkthrough they sent back a very detailed schedule and worked seamlessly with our other vendors like the DJ and florist to make sure everyone set up in the right places at the right times. Though I didn't end up eating very much on the actual wedding day (although thank you to the server who followed me around with a tray of hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour!), all of our guests loved the food and I loved the trays of food that were sent home with us! I could live on those mini lobster rolls and brownie pops... Overall I would highly recommend using Capers!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Rachel P

I am a food blogger and my husband and I love cooking together and trying new restaurants, so when it came time to select our wedding caterer we had high standards. I was immediately drawn to Capers Catering because of their healthy, fresh ingredients and amazing menu... Read More selections. Kristin from Capers was our initial contact and she was incredibly responsive and helpful from day one. About 14 months before our wedding, we set up a tasting with Kristin and LOVED the food we tried. Every bite Chef Kevin served us was more delicious than the last. We knew we'd found our caterer. Throughout the wedding planning process I worked with Kristin and Leslie on every aspect of the day from snacks for the bridal party, cocktail hour food, reception food, timing of events, and so much more. They also helped secure all of the rentals for our venue, including linens, glasses, tables, flatware, and a dance floor. I made so many changes to my design plan along the way and was constantly emailing Kristin and Leslie, yet they never seemed bothered at all. They were always quick to respond and take care of any request I had. They were very considerate of our budget and never tried to upsell us on things we didn't need. Just as we wanted, all of our wedding guests RAVED about the food. We had food stations and everyone kept going back up for more. So many people told us it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding (and I agree!). Besides from having an incredible menu, Capers just made the whole wedding planning process so much easier. If I lived in Boston I would use them for every event I had. Book Capers today! You'll be glad you did.

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Sam S

Kate and Capers Catering helped make our wedding a smashing success. Kate was extremely organized and responsive - she helped us keep track of all the details. She also put her experience to use and gave us a ton of advice about all of those little details too. This was... Read More especially important for us - we didn't have any wedding planner involved! The food itself was spectacular. All of our appetizers during the cocktail hour were delicious. All of our guests loved the dinner courses - some even commented to us that they asked for (and received) extra servings because the liked to food so much!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Kelly B

Capers Catering catered our entirely vegan wedding this June at the Mass Audubon Habitat Education Center & Wildlife Sanctuary in Belmont, and they did an amazing job with everything! We loved that they were excited about a vegan menu, and that they were honest if they couldn’t... Read More make something vegan and would source it elsewhere. We chose eclectic vegan apps (mini black bean tacos, samosas, summer rolls, bruschetta w/ tapenade, mushroom/veg rice bites) and a vegan buffet (roasted veggie ravioli, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots, mushrooms/green beans, summer salad, and bread). Almost all our guests eat a regular diet (only a few vegetarians/vegans), and everyone RAVED about the food – especially the mini tacos and ravioli! Also, the buffet food was presented beautifully. We worked closely with Kate up until the wedding – she was amazing, always responsive to all my emails and my detailed questions or requests. Dana was our day-of-coordinator, and everything I had talked to Kate about was seamlessly translated to her. The day of the wedding, her and her team made my husband and I feel like a king and a queen (ex. brought us a drink and apps during photos after the ceremony). I had asked about taking home a box of leftovers, and she boxed up ALL the leftover apps and buffet food – enough for multiple meals!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Sarah R

I could not be happier that we chose Capers to cater our wedding at the Connors Center in Dover 2 weeks ago!! We had tastings with four different caterers and after our tasting at Capers, we knew they were our best bet! We felt Kristin totally got our vision, she gave us great... Read More ideas, and was absolutely fantastic to work with! We also got to meet the chef, who was awesome and so knowledgable! Kristin and Leslie met with us again before the wedding to go over all the details. They did not miss a beat and delivered us a gorgeous wedding with tons of custom details and decor. Guests are still RAVING about the food, which was absolutely delicious with beautiful presentation!! Thank you, Capers!! We hope we have another catered event so we can work with you again soon!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017

We are so happy that we chose Capers to cater our daughter's wedding. The team of Kristin and Leslie were fantastic to work with and the food was delicious. At our tasting, we met the chef who prepared and talked through all the various options so that the menu was perfect for... Read More our guests and evening and in line with our vision. Everyone has continued to rave about the food, from the passed hors d'oeuvres to the main courses to the miniature cupcakes and other sweets that we did in lieu of a cake. There were also many decorative touches that Capers added to give the event a special look and they executed everything to perfection! I cannot say enough great things about Capers- they are truly wonderful!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Claudia g

I am not by nature an effusive person, but I have nothing but the very highest regard and praise for Capers Catering for for Kate, in particular. My daughter was married a few days ago (so this impression is fresh!): Kate was with us all along the way-- no question was too small... Read More or ridiculous (or too repetitious) for her. She never showed the slightest impatience or irritation; she was always pleasant, professional, and extremely helpful. The food was delicious (Thank you Chef Kevin!) and presented beautifully without being precious or pretentious, service was prompt and friendly, and requests were fulfilled without delay. Kate thought of every contingency and helped guide us along to achieve the look and feel and taste of what we told her we wanted. I have zero hesitation is recommending Capers for your wedding. You simply cannot go wrong if you have them on your side.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Jolie G

I cannot say enough great things about Capers! They were absolutely amazing from start to finish! I worked with Kate for my September wedding and she was so helpful, always responsive and the food at the wedding was amazing!! Our guests were saying that it was THE BEST... Read More wedding food they have ever had!! The presentation was beautiful, too. Kate went above and beyond the day of the wedding, helping to coordinate and manage the flow of the wedding. Kate was always visible and making sure we had what we needed. She and Capers were instrumental in making our wedding day a success. My venue was also very satisfied with Capers and there professionalism; they are listing them as a recommended vendor, as well.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Katherine A

I can't recommend Capers enough! We worked with Kristin and Leslie for our wedding at the Lyman Estate. Their exceptional attention to detail, creative ideas, and customer service made the menu selection for our wedding so much fun and stress-free! I knew we made the right... Read More choice during our tasting - Kristin and Leslie took copious notes and made a number of suggestions that were so helpful for everything related to the day (not just food!) - plates, silverware, drinks, where to organize our rentals at the venue, etc. And of course, perhaps most importantly, the food was absolutely delicious and so beautifully presented! Guests raved about the food at our wedding (and continue to do so!) Leslie was also extremely helpful on the wedding day - she took care of every detail (like the colored straws, cocktail napkins, menus, etc.!)...Capers is clearly more than just a caterer! Overall - Capers did a fabulous job!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Dawn H

Exceeded All Expectations! Capers exceeded all or our expectations -- starting with the first tasting and ending with the final dimming of the lights -- they executed flawlessly to create a special and memorable wedding day. Kate and Leslie were the perfect partners... Read More throughout the planning process. They asked all of the right questions, knew when to provide guidance and when to work with us and do some collective creative brainstorming. The team went out of its way to come up with a creative menu that the guests are still raving about. They suggested exactly the right combination of tables/chairs/china/silver to create the rustic/glam theme that the bride and groom envisioned. And they helped develop a layout that gave the guests plenty of room for dancing and socializing. But what really stood out for me was their instinct for knowing how to eliminate the small stresses that occur with any event of this size. On the day of the wedding, Leslie's calm and willingness to step in and help with a couple of "non-catering" related tasks, were above and beyond moments. She and the team exceeded all of our expectations throughout the day -- so much so that we can't wait to plan the next event!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Wm N

As FOB, I was very pleased with both the quality of the food and the service that Capers Catering presented. Every staff member was friendly, efficient and effective. "Getting it right" was important to them. Kate and Ex. Chef, Kevin were very accommodating to our requests.... Read More They offered excellent suggestions and the overall delivery of service and planning was excellent.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Mariella C

Best company to use for your wedding! I had the pleasure of working with Kate Monteiro who went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect the day of the wedding. She was extremely attentive to detail, very organized, and knew the right questions to ask so everything... Read More went smoothly. The food was out of the world, both in taste and presentation. There wasn't a detailed missed, from the matching colored straws, to the food tags and gorgeous tiered displays. If you are looking for true quality food, service, and a stress-free vendor to work with, Capers is perfect!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Stephanie I

We loved working with Kate and Capers! We only went to one tasting and we didn't need to go to another after that. They were incredibly helpful and knowledgable, helping us plan the simple yet elegant wedding we wanted. Everyone I spoke to after the wedding raved about how good... Read More the food was from the hors d'oeuvres to the main meal, everything was interesting and flavorful, not your typical boring wedding meal. We would not hesitate to recommend Capers to anyone looking for a top notch delicious, reliable and on top of it all affordable caterer!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Shelley B

Our experience with Capers coukd not have been better! Everyone with whom we dealt--the coordinator, the onsite staff, and the chef--was knowledgeable, resourceful, gracious, and talented. They were flexible when the weather took a couple of turns for the worst and then better,... Read More and put us all at ease. All in all. A great experience

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Florence T

Capers did the catering for our July 30, 2016 wedding at the Connors Center. Kate helped us with more than we knew to do, all while keeping in mind our budget. She helped craft our menu with fun ideas like sweet potato fries and tater tots as part of the hors d'oeuvres, and an... Read More ice cream bar for dessert. Our guests afterward commented about the deliciousness of all the food and the cheerfulness and attentiveness of the staff. Kate was also very familiar with our venue, so everything went smoothly, from planning to the big day. Saying that she played a large role in the success of the cocktail hour and reception is not enough. Capers not only helped with placing centerpieces, but with our escort cards and guest books. There was not one negative thing about our experience with Capers!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jane L

My daughter and her husband were married at The Gardens at Elm Bank July 17, 2016. They wanted a vegetarian event and I wanted an elegant event where guests would feel they had had a marvelous meal- Capers meshed both requests perfectly. From planning to execution Kate and the... Read More master chef were responsive and flexible. I have planned weddings prior to this one, and in a heartbeat I would hire Capers again for any event that I didn't prepare myself!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Charon W

Caper's Catering handled our 9/22/16 wedding at the Lyman Estate. I have to say they did a FANTASTIC job. The food, day of, was delicious, and all of our guests raved about it. Even though we had a buffet style reception, server's still approached us frequently to ask if we... Read More needed anything. Our drinks were constantly refilled without us needing to ask and all of the staff made us feel incredibly comfortable and at ease. During the planning process Kate was happy to take any of the personal requests we had and turn them into a reality. Our event manager, Shawna, was so helpful and our bartender, Jaymes, was just incredible to work with. Would absolutely hire them again for any event.