Wedding

10 West 15th Street, New York, NY (917) 297-5250

Reviewed on 1/21/2018 Mimi H

My husband and I could not be happier with Dan's work! We are so looking forward to having such a special keepsake of our wedding to display in our home forever. To say that our wedding guests were completely ENAMORED with Dan's painting is putting it lightly. There were... Read More several guests who were completely entranced, checking in frequently to see Dan's progress. We, as well as our parents and friends, cannot believe how accurately Dan captured us during our first dance. The resemblance is absolutely impeccable. We had several guests inquire about the finished product in the weeks following our wedding. Fortunately, we booked the package with Dan where he will print out thank you cards for us, so our guests will be able to see the finished product for themselves. When we booked, we had no idea what a hit the painting would be, so we are very excited to get both our thank you cards & prints for our parents from Dan, as well. I have seen live painters at other weddings where we were just guests. I have NEVER seen a live painting with the level of detail that Dan maintains. If you are interested in a unique depiction of your wedding that will really wow your guests, I would book Dan immediately! You are not going to find someone more talented, dedicated, and personable. Dan was so accommodating and easy to work with. Several of our guests are hoping to book with him for their future events! Thank you, Dan!!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 Amy S

My husband and I wanted a live painter after seeing it at a previous wedding. After searching online, I found Daniel and Captured on Canvas. Daniel is incredibly sweet and was so responsive to my emails. We received our painting about 3 and half months after our wedding and it... Read More was worth the wait! I loved the fact that I was able to include my whole family and my husband's family in the painting. His prices were reasonable and he updated us throughout the process so that we knew exactly when we were expecting our painting! We surprised our guests at our wedding with the live painter and everyone still tells us how much they loved watching Daniel paint and LOVED the finished painting. Please, do not hesitate, contact Daniel today to make a very special moment of your day a beautiful masterpiece!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Laurie S

I was referred to Captured on Canvas by another live event artist, and I could not be happier with the referral. Daniel was incredibly easy to work with from day one. He listened to my ideas, and created the most beautiful painting of our first dance. Daniel was a hit at the... Read More wedding, and guests were checking in to see what he was up to throughout the evening. Most guests had never seen a live event painter at a wedding, and could not get over what he was able to do in the hours we were there. They could not wait to see the finished product, and still can't get over the likeness of all the people in the painting. The detail is unreal! We were so excited to get the finished product, and cannot wait to get it back from the framer! It is an incredible piece of art, and one of our most cherished memories from the wedding. I am so happy we decided to have Daniel capture our wedding, and consider it to be one of the best investments from the entire day!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Amanda S

Daniel truly captured the feelings I had on my wedding day. I am so grateful Daniel was available to paint our first dance. My guests loved watching the progress of the portrait from the time they arrived to the time they left. I could not think of a better gift for my husband... Read More on our wedding day. I debated materialistic things, and am so happy I decided on this portrait because it really does bring us back to our wedding day and we couldn’t be happier with how magnificent the painting really is. I would highly recommend Daniel for his professionalism, attention to detail, and amazing talent. This truly is a once in a lifetime unique gift which makes it priceless! Thank you Daniel!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jennie G

YES! Yes! Yes! This was such an amazing and unique addition to our wedding! Our guests were in awe watching Dan work throughout the reception (as were we). Dan was very easy to work with - responsive, professional and EXTREMELY talented. We cannot wait to see the finished... Read More product!!! THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Amanda M

This was such a special part of our wedding! We found Dan after reading so many great reviews, and he was so nice and easy to work with! He was so prompt in answering all of our questions! He painted a canvas of our first dance, and everyone absolutely loved watching him paint... Read More during the reception! Everyone kept asking us for his card because they thought his work was incredible! This was definitely one of the most memorable part of our day and we can't wait to see the final product! If you are considering this, you should definitely do this! It will be so fun and the beautiful painting will last a lifetime. Thank you Dan for everything!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Alison K

Having Dan from Captured on Canvas as a live artist at our wedding (he painted a picture of our first dance) was one the coolest parts of our wedding! I came across Dan's work by chance and thought hiring him would be the perfect surprise for my now husband. I started speaking... Read More to Dan about 14 months before our wedding date (he books up extremely fast!) From our first conversation, I felt like I was inviting another friend to the wedding! Dan is down to earth, friendly, professional but easy going, and simply a pleasure to interact with. He offers a few size options for the painting so it is likely you will find something that works for your budget - outside of the deposit he is also very accommodating when it comes to a payment schedule. Dan reached out a few weeks before our wedding to confirm the "scene" of the painting and exactly who we wanted included (parents, siblings, etc.) He arrived at our venue site about 4 hours before the start of the reception to get started on the backdrop/decor. He also had an iPad the entire night that he used to take pictures of the family members we requested be included in the painting as well as of my husband and I as we danced. He then worked the rest of the night on the details of the painting. It was absolutely amazing to see the painting come to life right before our eyes. Our guests were amazed and thought it was the coolest thing they had ever seen at a wedding. My favorite part is knowing that this is something that will be in our family forever. It was a pleasure to have Dan as part of our day and the service he provided has given us one of the most special and timeless gifts we could ever ask for. If you want something truly unique at your wedding consider giving Dan a call!