Wedding

10 West 15th Street, New York, NY (917) 297-5250

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Alison K

Having Dan from Captured on Canvas as a live artist at our wedding (he painted a picture of our first dance) was one the coolest parts of our wedding! I came across Dan's work by chance and thought hiring him would be the perfect surprise for my now husband. I started speaking... Read More to Dan about 14 months before our wedding date (he books up extremely fast!) From our first conversation, I felt like I was inviting another friend to the wedding! Dan is down to earth, friendly, professional but easy going, and simply a pleasure to interact with. He offers a few size options for the painting so it is likely you will find something that works for your budget - outside of the deposit he is also very accommodating when it comes to a payment schedule. Dan reached out a few weeks before our wedding to confirm the "scene" of the painting and exactly who we wanted included (parents, siblings, etc.) He arrived at our venue site about 4 hours before the start of the reception to get started on the backdrop/decor. He also had an iPad the entire night that he used to take pictures of the family members we requested be included in the painting as well as of my husband and I as we danced. He then worked the rest of the night on the details of the painting. It was absolutely amazing to see the painting come to life right before our eyes. Our guests were amazed and thought it was the coolest thing they had ever seen at a wedding. My favorite part is knowing that this is something that will be in our family forever. It was a pleasure to have Dan as part of our day and the service he provided has given us one of the most special and timeless gifts we could ever ask for. If you want something truly unique at your wedding consider giving Dan a call!

Start a Conversation!