Centerpieces, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Arrangements

1700 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA (215) 246-0171

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Lauren B

Working with Vito was absolutely wonderful!! As someone who didn't necessarily have a vision of what I wanted the flowers to look like at first, Vito was able to figure out my style and bring to life the wedding of my dreams!! He made sure that all the flowers were exactly what... Read More I wanted and that I loved every single aspect. During the sample appointment, he showed us our centerpieces, and tweeked whatever we wanted. Also, two days before the wedding, someone from the office texted me pictures of the bridal bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets. While it wasn't what I had pictured, I just explained what I wanted changed, and they fixed the bouquets so that they were PERFECT. Having the opportunity to see them ahead of time was really awesome!! Lastly, he created such an unbelievable chuppah for us!!! We had looked at tons of pictures of chuppahs and liked little details from many, but had never seen one that we thought, "that's EXACTLY what we want" ---- until we saw ours. Vito created the most perfect chuppah for us!! We are so grateful to have gotten to work with Vito and the Carl Alan Floral Design team! They were incredible!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Anna G

Overall, Carl Alan was really great and I wish I could give 4.5 stars. Before my first meeting, I had sent over photos of what I was looking for and they had a sample centerpiece ready for us to look at. And after discussing what we wanted for a long time, I changed a whole lot... Read More of things in the second meeting and they were extremely flexible and really really nice about it. I was under the impression that I would get a see a small sample of my bouquet during the second meeting but that wasn't the case. I may have misinterpreted this but they did have a sample of the center piece again so I don't think so. Now my center pieces were large glass vases with flowers in them so it's not hard to image what those look like but the bouquet was a different situation. So I was slightly disappointmented when I left and didn't know what my bouquet would look like. The designer putting everyone together texted me before the wedding to show me how it was coming along which was really really nice. I even made a change and they accommodated. The center pieces were absolutely stunning. It was everything I had hoped for and then some. But the bouquets were a little disappointing. My bouquet didn't look quite as fresh as I was hoping. But the colors came out really nice and they did an amazing job putting it together. The bridesmaids bouquets were way smaller than I expected (they were all calla lilies and I had sent a picture of what I wanted beforehand.) My mother-in-law wanted a little bouquet to carry as well and they accommodated the last minute request. I asked for smaller version of the bridesmaids bouquet and it ended up being almost identical in size but 1/2 the price. All in all, the service was really great and I'm generally happy with everything but wish my expectations were set properly.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Mary K

I am so happy we went with Carl Alan to be our wedding florist! We visited a few florists, but none of them had the creative touch like Carl Alan. At the first meeting, we looked over photos I had brought for the vision of the wedding and our color scheme. I made it clear that I... Read More didn't really like a whole lot of green showing, but loved gerbera daises and insisted that we have them in all arrangements. They gave me exactly what I wanted. I love how they can work with any budget while still incorporating all the details you wanted on your wedding day. After reviewing our preview of arrangements, I wanted more gerbera daisies in them. They accommodated all of my wishes and all within our budget! I am a huge fan of fresh flowers at weddings and that is exactly what I got. At the end of the wedding, guests were even allowed to take home the arrangements off of the vases. Everyone raved about the flowers!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Emma G

Working with Vito was such a fun part of my wedding planning. He took the time to get to know me so he could design centerpieces to match my style. I knew nothing about flowers, so he was very honest with some of my initial inspiration pictures, and I loved that! The... Read More centerpieces that Vito designed were stunning. They have great customer service as well.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 m f

Katelynn provided world class floral design and floral support regarding our daughter’s special day. She clearly demonstrates a passion for artistic floral design creations as depicted in the countless arrangements presented at both the wedding and reception. Without... Read More hesitation, we would request Katelynn and other associated company employee support staff to assist us in any future floral design creations should the need arise. Katelynn is a winner and patiently worked all details and changes we requested of her. We’ll highly recommend her to others in the months and years ahead. Signed, Mr. and Mrs. F.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Lauren P

Vito and his team were absolutely phenomenal! From the first time we met to the break down our arrangements everything was amazing. Vito gives you the time during your consultation to go through everything and really gets to know you. Flowers were delivered to my hotel suite... Read More right on time for pictures as well. Just perfect!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Erin D

We used Carl Alan for our May 2017 wedding at Ballroom at the Ben. Vito at Carl Alan Floral Design was a dream! He put together the most beautiful chuppah and center pieces for our wedding. We wanted timeless, elegant but nothing to steal the show from the architecture of our... Read More venue. Our flowers were delivered early, Vito and the team were in constant contact with us about things we liked, what we envisioned and what they as the experts thought would go well. Vito and his team designed an heirloom brooch bouquet for me that was an outstanding work of art. I collected brooches from female family members on both sides, some belonging to long gone relatives who were so missed on that day. Vito made a bouquet that was different, elegant and not too flashy! Carl Alan Florals are masters at their craft and if you trust them with your day they'll go well above and beyond what you envisioned as they did for ours wedding!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Donna D

The Best in Philadelphia and the region. My wedding bouquet of orchids was spectacular. The designer, Vito, immediately grasped my vision and added his expertise and advice. The floral displays at my venue, the Union League, were sophisticated and romantic. I even received... Read More photos of the bouquets the day before the wedding so I could comment. Carl Alan Florists are customer focused, professional and experts.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Brandi C

Carl Alan Floral Designs LTD provided the floral decor for my wedding at the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia on July 7, 2017. The floral arrangements were absolutely gorgeous! Not only that, everyone at Carl Alan ( specifically Kate, Lisa Marie and Chloe) was AMAZING to work with.... Read More They were personable, professional, patient and accommodating. While trying to decide what type of flowers I wanted for my wedding, Kate was great! She was very patient; she gave me and my husband excellent suggestions and made sure we stayed within the budget we set. I had concerns about the weight of my bridal bouquet as I have difficulty carrying heavy items and didn't want to have an issue on my wedding day with my bouquet. The team at Carl Alan offered to have me come into the studio to test out various type of bouquets before my wedding. In addition, on the morning of my wedding I realized that I needed flower petals for the aisle. I called Carl Alan and they happily accommodated me! They are the BEST!! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Danielle S

This was by far my favorite vendor to work with for my wedding. Vito and team are absolutely amazing and his vision is brilliant! Definitely a top notch florist! Would 100% recommend to ANYONE!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Katie V

Great service, definitely consider for your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Sarah B

OMG! Simply amazing! When I first set up a consultation with Carl Alan I wasn't sure I would even be able to make them a part of my wedding budget but boy was I surprised! When we first sat down for our first consultation I already had a slight chip on my shoulder due to a... Read More previous appointment earlier that day and I was hoping that I would find that one florist who would give me everything I wanted and then some. Bingo! If you feel the same way go no further. I met Vito and gave him my vison and color scheme and within minutes he had a bunch of different flowers in the room to help me get a visual for my dream. When I left later that afternoon I knew they were the ones. They worked within my budget and really helped bring our concept to life. I will be honest, a baseball wedding is hard to pull off especially trying to cover every last detail. The team at Carl Alan was very nice and included me in every part of the planning process all the way up to a few days before the wedding when my flowers were put together and my vision was brought to life. If I sent an email, I received a response within hours which is great when a bride is in the heat of planning and on the brink of a meltdown! If I called, they either had someone on the phone with me right away who knew my image and was able to assist and answer any questions I had. It was a pure pleasure working with this team and my guests absolutely loved all of our flowers and centerpieces!!! If you are looking for experienced florists who will make sure that your flowers and centerpieces are the least of your worries during your planning....seriously look no further!!!! Let them show you what it is like to receive excellent customer service and satisfaction! Love you guys!!!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Elise A

We loved working with Vito from Carl Alan. Our flowers came out beautifully and were exactly what we imagined they would be. Vito is so creative and understood the need to stay within our budget - coming up with creative ways to utilize decorations without adding cost.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Lauren F

Vito and the whole team were amazing. Not only is Vito a blast to work with , but the flowers and decor he created exceeded our expectations. We can't wait to use them for other events in the future.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Stephanie K

Of all my wedding vendors, Carl Alan was the best across the board (and I had lots of great people working for me). Flowers were never my priority, but honestly now that my wedding is over I am still blown away every time I see a picture with the work that Vito Russo and his... Read More team did. They truly made my vision a reality and enhanced it to make everything more stunning than I ever could have imagined. They are not cheap but absolutely worth every penny spent. Communication with every team member was fantastic; nearly instantaneous. Vito even took a trip out to my venue (which was outside of the city) since he hadn't been there before to ease my mom's worries about him knowing where things should go and so that he had a better idea of the layout beforehand. Absolutely fantastic in every regard.

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Tina H

Everyone at Carl Alan was amazing. They listened to what we wanted and delivered exactly that. I wanted all red roses, which can get pricey, but the pricing was very good. The bouquets were stunning and all of the flowers held up so well. I've been to a lot of weddings where the... Read More petals get droopy towards the end of the night, but ours never did. I am so happy we chose Carl Alan!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Jennifer E

When we met with Vito we knew he really knew what he was doing and takes pride in his work. We came in with an idea probably different than most people come in with. Our wedding was beer themed so we wanted to incorporate hops and wheat into all of our flowers. When we told Vito... Read More what we wanted, he explained his visions and we had total confidence in his information that we knew he wouldn't disappoint. When we went to see our sample, we were totally surprised. I didn't think you could fit that many flowers and greens into a growler, but he did it and they looked awesome! Once the flowers were delivered on our wedding day, everyone was in awe. The hops looked great in the bouquets and the boutonnieres with the hops, wheat, and beer caps were exactly what we wanted. We were very happy with the final products and are so glad we picked Vito and Carl Alan!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Kathryn M

Vito and the Carl Alan Florist team was incredible from the very start. They were easy to work with, communicative, creative and fully carried out my vision for a vintage glam wedding. The ceremony set-up was breathtaking and the center pieces were a dream. I could not have... Read More asked for better service and am so glad that I selected Carl Alan Floral Designs to be part of my wedding.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Pam S

I can only echo all the wonderful reviews about Vito and his team. The floral arrangements and decor were absolutely stunning.! The team was very professional and took care of everything on the day of. I would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Kelli B

Carl Alan Florist did an amazing job at my NYE wedding in center city Philadelphia. I looked around at florists for awhile, but after meeting with Vito, I knew I would be working with them. He made me feel comfortable, and he was able to help me stick to my budget. He did not... Read More make me feel like I had to spend more than I could afford in order to have a beautiful display on this big day. The designs were beautiful, and even though I was keeping it simple with white and gold, there was nothing plain about the designs or my bouquet. I loved my bouquet so much, and I ended up having it preserved in a shadow box so I can look at it forever. I cannot recommend Vito and Carl Alan florist any more!

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 stella D

Vito was such a pleasure to work with. Not only is he extremely creative and talented but he is honest and a good listener as well. Everything about our wedding was PERFECT! My husband and I are so glad we used Carl Alan as our florist.

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Courtney F

Vito is the best at what he does! I know nothing about flowers. I sent him some photos of things I liked and showed up for my appointment and he had a million ideas. He was so confident and full of energy. I was sent photos of my bouquet the day before the wedding and wanted... Read More slight changes made. They made them in less than an hour and sent me another photo to keep me calm. My bouquet, as well as my bridesmaids, were beautiful!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Lauren K

Vito and the whole team at Carl Alan is AMAZING! My mom called Carl Alan in September for our NYE wedding and told them that while she knew she was calling a florist, I didn't want flowers at the wedding (it makes me sad when the flowers die...) and the Carl Alan team... Read More delivered!! The Carl Alan team is incredibly creative and came up with these tall beautiful water-filled vase centerpieces holding sprays of silver wire on a mirrored tray with crystal candle holders. In our wildest dreams, we couldn't have envisioned such beautiful centerpieces. And then to top it off, the team also designed bouquets without flowers too! My bouquet was comprised of all metals and hanging crystals in the rounded shape of a bouquet and the bridesmaids carried long beautiful sprays of silver wire. It could not have been more perfectly NYE-themed and unique --- THANK YOU CARL ALAN!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Patty T

Carl Alan Floral was beyond amazing! Vito and the team really surpassed what I hoped the wedding would look like. When I saw the room for the first time, I was in awe! The bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages were divine. We're still getting compliments. If I could live in that... Read More room for another year, I would... and if Vito and the team could decorate my home every week with flowers, I'd sign up for that in a hot second! LOVE THEM! You will too.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Allie B

Working with Vito was absolutely wonderful. My flowers were so beautiful and I had multiple comments on them. I got married on October 8th.