Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

1700 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA (215) 246-0171

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Lauren B

Working with Vito was absolutely wonderful!! As someone who didn't necessarily have a vision of what I wanted the flowers to look like at first, Vito was able to figure out my style and bring to life the wedding of my dreams!! He made sure that all the flowers were exactly what... Read More I wanted and that I loved every single aspect. During the sample appointment, he showed us our centerpieces, and tweeked whatever we wanted. Also, two days before the wedding, someone from the office texted me pictures of the bridal bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets. While it wasn't what I had pictured, I just explained what I wanted changed, and they fixed the bouquets so that they were PERFECT. Having the opportunity to see them ahead of time was really awesome!! Lastly, he created such an unbelievable chuppah for us!!! We had looked at tons of pictures of chuppahs and liked little details from many, but had never seen one that we thought, "that's EXACTLY what we want" ---- until we saw ours. Vito created the most perfect chuppah for us!! We are so grateful to have gotten to work with Vito and the Carl Alan Floral Design team! They were incredible!

Reviewed on 3/19/2018 Kayla Y

Their designs for our wedding were absolutely flawless! Every single center piece, bouquet and petal down the aisle was elegant and radiated perfection! Vito was amazing and I don't think my winter wonderland wedding ideas would have came to life without him! Something that I... Read More loved most about their design studio is that for one of your final meetings they actually have all of your centerpieces together and a bridesmaid bouquet! They were worth every penny spent! They even will take the remaining flowers and donate them to a local nursing home which was very important to me! My favorite aspect of hiring them was that they only do one wedding per day, they are at the venue that day to make the arrangements so there is no mishaps during transport. That small detail can make all the difference when choosing your vendor.

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Christina W

Working with Katelynn was an absolute delight! I am not a flower person, and while I had some vague vision in my head of what I wanted the flowers to look like, I wasn’t finding anyone who was able to translate that vision into reality. The first time I met with Kaitlynn, we... Read More spent almost four hours together (to that point, I’d only spent 30-60min with florists), going through all kinds of inspiration, looking at different vases, candelabras, and pillars, and finally, pulling all kinds of flowers from the coolers to put together a bouquet that I got to take home! It was the first time in the course of wedding planning that I felt really confident that everything was going to be perfect. I loved that their package included a sample appointment (rare, from what we saw elsewhere), and a few days before the wedding, I looked at my phone to see picture texts of my bouquet (spoiler: it was stunning). I can’t thank Katelynn and the Carl Alan team for all their help and for making my wedding look exactly the way I wanted it: wintery (but not too wintery), sparkly (but not gaudy), and bathed in candlelight. Would recommend them to anyone and definitely go back if I ever need massive arrangements again!

Reviewed on 3/06/2018 Elizabeth S

I have to say I was intimidated to meet with Carl Alan as it was the vendor the venue had suggested and I thought it would be way out of my budget. I was blown away from the second I walked into our first meeting. They were so easy to work with within my budget while still... Read More ensuring I was getting the most important aspects of my vision. I walked into the consultation room with a table set based on my pinterest vision and it was SPOT ON! The appointment continued to wow me as they pulled out flowers to see what I liked best (I have NO floral background whatsoever!) and then sent me home with a bouquet of everything I had loved and was still thinking about. They continued to be incredible to work with during the entire planning process whether I had quick easy questions or touching base. The sample centerpiece night was so amazing! To go and see right in front of my eyes my vision come to life and envision what the ballroom was going to look like was so exciting! I received pictures of my bridesmaids and my bouquet the night before my wedding and it was all becoming so real and perfect! When my bouquet showed up the morning of my wedding I was rather disappointed in the size of it as it wasn't as we had discussed. As I was visibly upset, my Mom gave a nice quick call to Carl Alan and they sent over a designer to redo my bouquet right in my hotel room with no questions asked. We were never made to feel like it was too much to ask and they even gave a follow up phone call to make sure I was as happy as I could be with the finished product. Everything was so PERFECT! I HIGHLY recommend Carl Alan!

Reviewed on 2/27/2018 Stephanie Y

Vito was an absolute dream to work with! From day one he was so responsive and thoughtful. He truly understood the ambiance and aesthetic I wanted for our wedding day and nailed it! My friends and family are still talking about how perfect the flowers were. Vito and his team... Read More worked at our venue The Ritz Carlton often so he knew what worked with the space perfectly. He transformed a huge ballroom into a cozy intimate winter wedding with gorgeous flowers, stands, candles, uplighting and linens. Carl Alan was a one stop shop for everything you need decor wise, it made the planning process so much easier. Also a thank you to Kathleen as well (the office manager) who was always so on top on making sure she + Vito had final appointments, details, timelines, etc for the day of team. I didn't have to worry about coordinating anything. I was also are able to come in and see a mock up of my flowers a few months prior. Other florists upcharge for that or don't do it all. It was an amazing amenity. The team also sent pictures of my bouquet the day prior, so if I had any modifications I wanted made, I was able to do so ahead of time. So thanks to Vito being so on point with my vision the entire time, it was a perfect bouquet! Thank you so much for being such an amazing part of a special day!

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Joseph P

Professional team, gorgeous end result! It helped that Vito had worked at the crystal tea room so many times before - he knew what pieces would look best for the venue which was a great asset. The bouquets were flawless! And the centerpieces at the tables were jaw dropping and... Read More beautiful! Book them, you’ll be glad you did!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Haley T

Vito at Carl Alan is truly an artist. He was so fun to work with and really made the whole process so smooth and easy. I told him my vision and he brought it to life with his own touches. The room was literally a work of art. All my bridesmaids loved their bouquets and my... Read More bouquet was incredible too, it was so unique and special. I truly have nothing but good things to say about Vito and his team. He was so attentive and answered my emails so quickly. His attention to detail and eye for design is one-of-a-kind. Vito went above and beyond to give us everything we could have ever wanted. Vito, you are so talented thank you again for making our wedding a dream!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Julie R

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Carl Alan Floral Design!!! Vito was our project manager and his entire teamed worked together to make our dream vision come true for our wedding. Their execution and flawless design exceeded our expectations. When there were concerns... Read More regarding the bridal bouquet the day before the wedding they switched out a few of the colors without any hesitation to create a flawless bouquet. The colors were vibrant and beautiful. Could not have asked for more elegant flowers that really pulled the entire event together.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Marisa E

I highly recommend using Carl Alan Floral Designs! Working with Vito was incredible. He is extremely talented, and knew exactly what I envisioned for my wedding after talking with him for several minutes. The first time that we met, we came up with a plan and when I came back... Read More the second time to see my center piece arrangement, I couldn't believe how beautiful it looked! From the colors, to the design, to the arrangement and the glass vase, I was thrilled with how everything came together. Vito sent me pictures of how the bouquets were going to look the day before my wedding and I was very pleased. I knew that everything was going to look perfect on my wedding day. When I walked into the reception, I was absolutely thrilled with how everything turned out. The combination between high, medium, and low centerpieces looked amazing :) We received so many compliments about the beautiful flowers. I loved everything from my chuppah, to my welcome table, and to all of the centerpieces around the room. I even gave Vito particular items that I wanted to be displayed for my memorial table. Everything was set up perfectly and the night was truly a dream come true. I highly recommend working with Vito and Carl Alan Designs to anyone that is looking for a florist. They are extremely easy to work with and will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 KRISTEN M

AMAZING! Working with Vito was awesome, he is so fun, energetic, passionate and knowledgable! I didn't have anything too specific in mind when it came to my wedding flowers, just a general idea of the look I was going for- nothing too "perfect", rustic, fall colors. He gave me... Read More such great advice and recommended the most amazing choices! I was OBSESSED with our centerpieces, my bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets and the boutonnieres! He made everything such a breeze and not stressful at all!! Couldn't recommend Carl Alan more!! I myself was referred to them by a friend and I will definitely do the same the next time one of my friends gets married!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Alexandra C

My wedding was on September 2, 2017 at the Crystal Tea Room. I wanted to thank Vito and the rest of the staff at Carl Alan Floral Design for doing the most AMAZING job on my flowers. After looking at pictures of their work and a referral from my sister-in-law, I knew I needed to... Read More book Carl Alan Floral Design for my wedding. From the first time I met with Vito, I felt so comfortable with him and fully trusted his vision and creations. He was SO incredible to work with. I do not know many things about flowers, I just knew what I wanted my reception to look like. I left the design and planning completely up to Vito and his team. I was brought to tears at my sample appointment when I saw my dream flower arrangements and bouquets come to life right in front of my eyes. Vito was able to design the most perfect arrangements based on the “vintage romantic look” that I had set in my mind. Vito is so organized and talented at what he does. He helped me pick my linens, floorplan and all of my centerpieces based on the look I was going for. When people walked into my reception, all I heard over and over was “wow, these flowers are to die for.” Everyone complimented them and I couldn’t be happier with how the room looked on my wedding day. The detail in each centerpiece and bouquet was so amazing. I would highly recommend Carl Alan Floral Design to any bride looking to book the best florist in Philadelphia!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Brittany J

Vito is the best. That is all you need to know. I took him sample pictures and ideas. He took them and made my dreams come true. The flowers were gorgeous and exactly the look I wanted, natural, organic, textured. Just incredible. My chuppah was amazing with lanterns and... Read More flowers. Vito was so easy to work with and talk to about everything. Thank you Vito for your hard work and dedication to my big day!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Morgan W

I got married on 8/27/17. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED everything, from my centerpieces, to my bouquet. I can't explain how happy I was with everything. Thank you Vito and Carl Alan team! Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Chelsey G

Blown away by the customer service and floral design from Vito and his team at Carl Alan. From the first meeting, Vito helped me create my vision with the few pictures I brought with me. He knew the ballroom at the Ben like the back of his hand and that was really comforting.... Read More They sent a text the night before our wedding with pictures of the bouquets and I was able to change a few things in the bridemaids bouquets without a problem. Walking into our venue the night of our reception was like a dream. I will never forget that feeling looking at the beautiful centerpieces they created for us and remember thinking... Is this real life?? Thank you Vito and the team at Carl Alan! You made my dream wedding come to life and I am so thankful!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Angelisa C

I had an incredible experience with Carl Alan - especially with Vito! Unlike the other florists that I visited, I was shown real flowers in my first appointment and was given a price quote (that was half my budget!) before I left the first appointment. I really respected the... Read More fact that Vito came in at about half my budget because he easily could have padded the proposal to bring it closer to my top line (as I noticed with other floral vendors). Vito was prepared for the appointment with all of our pictures and immediately understood my vision. I was able to do a sample appointment about a month before the wedding which I appreciated because it allowed me to see the vision come to life! The flowers on my wedding day were absolutely STUNNING! Better than I could have even imagined! I could see the passion that Vito and the Carl Alan team put into my flowers and into making my reception perfect! Amazing service and amazing product! Thank you so much to Carl Alan - I am so glad that I found them for my wedding!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Anna G

Edit: After reading my review, Carl personally called me to apologize and make it right so I've updated the star rating. This was above and beyond what I would have expected and I am truly touched by the gesture. Overall, Carl Alan was really great and I wish I could give 4.5... Read More stars. Before my first meeting, I had sent over photos of what I was looking for and they had a sample centerpiece ready for us to look at. And after discussing what we wanted for a long time, I changed a whole lot of things in the second meeting and they were extremely flexible and really really nice about it. So much personalization and care went into both of these meetings. I was under the impression that I would get a see a small sample of my bouquet during the second meeting but that wasn't the case. I may have misinterpreted this but they did have a sample of the center piece again so I don't think so. Now my center pieces were large glass vases with flowers in them so it's not hard to image what those look like but the bouquet was a different situation. So I was slightly disappointmented when I left and didn't know what my bouquet would look like. The designer putting everyone together texted me before the wedding to show me how it was coming along which was really really nice. I even made a change and they accommodated. The center pieces were absolutely stunning. It was everything I had hoped for and then some. But the bouquets were a little disappointing. My bouquet didn't look quite as fresh as I was hoping. But the colors came out really nice and they did an amazing job putting it together. The bridesmaids bouquets were way smaller than I expected (they were all calla lilies and I had sent a picture of what I wanted beforehand.) My mother-in-law wanted a little bouquet to carry as well and they accommodated the last minute request. I asked for smaller version of the bridesmaids bouquet and it ended up being almost identical in size but 1/2 the price. All in all, the service was really great and I'm happy with everything but wish my expectations were set properly.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Mary K

I am so happy we went with Carl Alan to be our wedding florist! We visited a few florists, but none of them had the creative touch like Carl Alan. At the first meeting, we looked over photos I had brought for the vision of the wedding and our color scheme. I made it clear that I... Read More didn't really like a whole lot of green showing, but loved gerbera daises and insisted that we have them in all arrangements. They gave me exactly what I wanted. I love how they can work with any budget while still incorporating all the details you wanted on your wedding day. After reviewing our preview of arrangements, I wanted more gerbera daisies in them. They accommodated all of my wishes and all within our budget! I am a huge fan of fresh flowers at weddings and that is exactly what I got. At the end of the wedding, guests were even allowed to take home the arrangements off of the vases. Everyone raved about the flowers!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Emma G

Working with Vito was such a fun part of my wedding planning. He took the time to get to know me so he could design centerpieces to match my style. I knew nothing about flowers, so he was very honest with some of my initial inspiration pictures, and I loved that! The... Read More centerpieces that Vito designed were stunning. They have great customer service as well.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 m f

Katelynn provided world class floral design and floral support regarding our daughter’s special day. She clearly demonstrates a passion for artistic floral design creations as depicted in the countless arrangements presented at both the wedding and reception. Without... Read More hesitation, we would request Katelynn and other associated company employee support staff to assist us in any future floral design creations should the need arise. Katelynn is a winner and patiently worked all details and changes we requested of her. We’ll highly recommend her to others in the months and years ahead. Signed, Mr. and Mrs. F.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Lauren P

Vito and his team were absolutely phenomenal! From the first time we met to the break down our arrangements everything was amazing. Vito gives you the time during your consultation to go through everything and really gets to know you. Flowers were delivered to my hotel suite... Read More right on time for pictures as well. Just perfect!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Erin D

We used Carl Alan for our May 2017 wedding at Ballroom at the Ben. Vito at Carl Alan Floral Design was a dream! He put together the most beautiful chuppah and center pieces for our wedding. We wanted timeless, elegant but nothing to steal the show from the architecture of our... Read More venue. Our flowers were delivered early, Vito and the team were in constant contact with us about things we liked, what we envisioned and what they as the experts thought would go well. Vito and his team designed an heirloom brooch bouquet for me that was an outstanding work of art. I collected brooches from female family members on both sides, some belonging to long gone relatives who were so missed on that day. Vito made a bouquet that was different, elegant and not too flashy! Carl Alan Florals are masters at their craft and if you trust them with your day they'll go well above and beyond what you envisioned as they did for ours wedding!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Donna D

The Best in Philadelphia and the region. My wedding bouquet of orchids was spectacular. The designer, Vito, immediately grasped my vision and added his expertise and advice. The floral displays at my venue, the Union League, were sophisticated and romantic. I even received... Read More photos of the bouquets the day before the wedding so I could comment. Carl Alan Florists are customer focused, professional and experts.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Brandi C

Carl Alan Floral Designs LTD provided the floral decor for my wedding at the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia on July 7, 2017. The floral arrangements were absolutely gorgeous! Not only that, everyone at Carl Alan ( specifically Kate, Lisa Marie and Chloe) was AMAZING to work with.... Read More They were personable, professional, patient and accommodating. While trying to decide what type of flowers I wanted for my wedding, Kate was great! She was very patient; she gave me and my husband excellent suggestions and made sure we stayed within the budget we set. I had concerns about the weight of my bridal bouquet as I have difficulty carrying heavy items and didn't want to have an issue on my wedding day with my bouquet. The team at Carl Alan offered to have me come into the studio to test out various type of bouquets before my wedding. In addition, on the morning of my wedding I realized that I needed flower petals for the aisle. I called Carl Alan and they happily accommodated me! They are the BEST!! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Danielle S

This was by far my favorite vendor to work with for my wedding. Vito and team are absolutely amazing and his vision is brilliant! Definitely a top notch florist! Would 100% recommend to ANYONE!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Katie V

Great service, definitely consider for your wedding!