Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

1700 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA (215) 246-0171

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Lauren B

Working with Vito was absolutely wonderful!! As someone who didn't necessarily have a vision of what I wanted the flowers to look like at first, Vito was able to figure out my style and bring to life the wedding of my dreams!! He made sure that all the flowers were exactly what... Read More I wanted and that I loved every single aspect. During the sample appointment, he showed us our centerpieces, and tweeked whatever we wanted. Also, two days before the wedding, someone from the office texted me pictures of the bridal bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets. While it wasn't what I had pictured, I just explained what I wanted changed, and they fixed the bouquets so that they were PERFECT. Having the opportunity to see them ahead of time was really awesome!! Lastly, he created such an unbelievable chuppah for us!!! We had looked at tons of pictures of chuppahs and liked little details from many, but had never seen one that we thought, "that's EXACTLY what we want" ---- until we saw ours. Vito created the most perfect chuppah for us!! We are so grateful to have gotten to work with Vito and the Carl Alan Floral Design team! They were incredible!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Marisa E

I highly recommend using Carl Alan Floral Designs! Working with Vito was incredible. He is extremely talented, and knew exactly what I envisioned for my wedding after talking with him for several minutes. The first time that we met, we came up with a plan and when I came back... Read More the second time to see my center piece arrangement, I couldn't believe how beautiful it looked! From the colors, to the design, to the arrangement and the glass vase, I was thrilled with how everything came together. Vito sent me pictures of how the bouquets were going to look the day before my wedding and I was very pleased. I knew that everything was going to look perfect on my wedding day. When I walked into the reception, I was absolutely thrilled with how everything turned out. The combination between high, medium, and low centerpieces looked amazing :) We received so many compliments about the beautiful flowers. I loved everything from my chuppah, to my welcome table, and to all of the centerpieces around the room. I even gave Vito particular items that I wanted to be displayed for my memorial table. Everything was set up perfectly and the night was truly a dream come true. I highly recommend working with Vito and Carl Alan Designs to anyone that is looking for a florist. They are extremely easy to work with and will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 KRISTEN M

AMAZING! Working with Vito was awesome, he is so fun, energetic, passionate and knowledgable! I didn't have anything too specific in mind when it came to my wedding flowers, just a general idea of the look I was going for- nothing too "perfect", rustic, fall colors. He gave me... Read More such great advice and recommended the most amazing choices! I was OBSESSED with our centerpieces, my bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets and the boutonnieres! He made everything such a breeze and not stressful at all!! Couldn't recommend Carl Alan more!! I myself was referred to them by a friend and I will definitely do the same the next time one of my friends gets married!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Alexandra C

My wedding was on September 2, 2017 at the Crystal Tea Room. I wanted to thank Vito and the rest of the staff at Carl Alan Floral Design for doing the most AMAZING job on my flowers. After looking at pictures of their work and a referral from my sister-in-law, I knew I needed to... Read More book Carl Alan Floral Design for my wedding. From the first time I met with Vito, I felt so comfortable with him and fully trusted his vision and creations. He was SO incredible to work with. I do not know many things about flowers, I just knew what I wanted my reception to look like. I left the design and planning completely up to Vito and his team. I was brought to tears at my sample appointment when I saw my dream flower arrangements and bouquets come to life right in front of my eyes. Vito was able to design the most perfect arrangements based on the “vintage romantic look” that I had set in my mind. Vito is so organized and talented at what he does. He helped me pick my linens, floorplan and all of my centerpieces based on the look I was going for. When people walked into my reception, all I heard over and over was “wow, these flowers are to die for.” Everyone complimented them and I couldn’t be happier with how the room looked on my wedding day. The detail in each centerpiece and bouquet was so amazing. I would highly recommend Carl Alan Floral Design to any bride looking to book the best florist in Philadelphia!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Brittany J

Vito is the best. That is all you need to know. I took him sample pictures and ideas. He took them and made my dreams come true. The flowers were gorgeous and exactly the look I wanted, natural, organic, textured. Just incredible. My chuppah was amazing with lanterns and... Read More flowers. Vito was so easy to work with and talk to about everything. Thank you Vito for your hard work and dedication to my big day!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Morgan W

I got married on 8/27/17. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED everything, from my centerpieces, to my bouquet. I can't explain how happy I was with everything. Thank you Vito and Carl Alan team! Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Chelsey G

Blown away by the customer service and floral design from Vito and his team at Carl Alan. From the first meeting, Vito helped me create my vision with the few pictures I brought with me. He knew the ballroom at the Ben like the back of his hand and that was really comforting.... Read More They sent a text the night before our wedding with pictures of the bouquets and I was able to change a few things in the bridemaids bouquets without a problem. Walking into our venue the night of our reception was like a dream. I will never forget that feeling looking at the beautiful centerpieces they created for us and remember thinking... Is this real life?? Thank you Vito and the team at Carl Alan! You made my dream wedding come to life and I am so thankful!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Angelisa C

I had an incredible experience with Carl Alan - especially with Vito! Unlike the other florists that I visited, I was shown real flowers in my first appointment and was given a price quote (that was half my budget!) before I left the first appointment. I really respected the... Read More fact that Vito came in at about half my budget because he easily could have padded the proposal to bring it closer to my top line (as I noticed with other floral vendors). Vito was prepared for the appointment with all of our pictures and immediately understood my vision. I was able to do a sample appointment about a month before the wedding which I appreciated because it allowed me to see the vision come to life! The flowers on my wedding day were absolutely STUNNING! Better than I could have even imagined! I could see the passion that Vito and the Carl Alan team put into my flowers and into making my reception perfect! Amazing service and amazing product! Thank you so much to Carl Alan - I am so glad that I found them for my wedding!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Anna G

Edit: After reading my review, Carl personally called me to apologize and make it right so I've updated the star rating. This was above and beyond what I would have expected and I am truly touched by the gesture. Overall, Carl Alan was really great and I wish I could give 4.5... Read More stars. Before my first meeting, I had sent over photos of what I was looking for and they had a sample centerpiece ready for us to look at. And after discussing what we wanted for a long time, I changed a whole lot of things in the second meeting and they were extremely flexible and really really nice about it. So much personalization and care went into both of these meetings. I was under the impression that I would get a see a small sample of my bouquet during the second meeting but that wasn't the case. I may have misinterpreted this but they did have a sample of the center piece again so I don't think so. Now my center pieces were large glass vases with flowers in them so it's not hard to image what those look like but the bouquet was a different situation. So I was slightly disappointmented when I left and didn't know what my bouquet would look like. The designer putting everyone together texted me before the wedding to show me how it was coming along which was really really nice. I even made a change and they accommodated. The center pieces were absolutely stunning. It was everything I had hoped for and then some. But the bouquets were a little disappointing. My bouquet didn't look quite as fresh as I was hoping. But the colors came out really nice and they did an amazing job putting it together. The bridesmaids bouquets were way smaller than I expected (they were all calla lilies and I had sent a picture of what I wanted beforehand.) My mother-in-law wanted a little bouquet to carry as well and they accommodated the last minute request. I asked for smaller version of the bridesmaids bouquet and it ended up being almost identical in size but 1/2 the price. All in all, the service was really great and I'm happy with everything but wish my expectations were set properly.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Mary K

I am so happy we went with Carl Alan to be our wedding florist! We visited a few florists, but none of them had the creative touch like Carl Alan. At the first meeting, we looked over photos I had brought for the vision of the wedding and our color scheme. I made it clear that I... Read More didn't really like a whole lot of green showing, but loved gerbera daises and insisted that we have them in all arrangements. They gave me exactly what I wanted. I love how they can work with any budget while still incorporating all the details you wanted on your wedding day. After reviewing our preview of arrangements, I wanted more gerbera daisies in them. They accommodated all of my wishes and all within our budget! I am a huge fan of fresh flowers at weddings and that is exactly what I got. At the end of the wedding, guests were even allowed to take home the arrangements off of the vases. Everyone raved about the flowers!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Emma G

Working with Vito was such a fun part of my wedding planning. He took the time to get to know me so he could design centerpieces to match my style. I knew nothing about flowers, so he was very honest with some of my initial inspiration pictures, and I loved that! The... Read More centerpieces that Vito designed were stunning. They have great customer service as well.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 m f

Katelynn provided world class floral design and floral support regarding our daughter’s special day. She clearly demonstrates a passion for artistic floral design creations as depicted in the countless arrangements presented at both the wedding and reception. Without... Read More hesitation, we would request Katelynn and other associated company employee support staff to assist us in any future floral design creations should the need arise. Katelynn is a winner and patiently worked all details and changes we requested of her. We’ll highly recommend her to others in the months and years ahead. Signed, Mr. and Mrs. F.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Lauren P

Vito and his team were absolutely phenomenal! From the first time we met to the break down our arrangements everything was amazing. Vito gives you the time during your consultation to go through everything and really gets to know you. Flowers were delivered to my hotel suite... Read More right on time for pictures as well. Just perfect!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Erin D

We used Carl Alan for our May 2017 wedding at Ballroom at the Ben. Vito at Carl Alan Floral Design was a dream! He put together the most beautiful chuppah and center pieces for our wedding. We wanted timeless, elegant but nothing to steal the show from the architecture of our... Read More venue. Our flowers were delivered early, Vito and the team were in constant contact with us about things we liked, what we envisioned and what they as the experts thought would go well. Vito and his team designed an heirloom brooch bouquet for me that was an outstanding work of art. I collected brooches from female family members on both sides, some belonging to long gone relatives who were so missed on that day. Vito made a bouquet that was different, elegant and not too flashy! Carl Alan Florals are masters at their craft and if you trust them with your day they'll go well above and beyond what you envisioned as they did for ours wedding!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Donna D

The Best in Philadelphia and the region. My wedding bouquet of orchids was spectacular. The designer, Vito, immediately grasped my vision and added his expertise and advice. The floral displays at my venue, the Union League, were sophisticated and romantic. I even received... Read More photos of the bouquets the day before the wedding so I could comment. Carl Alan Florists are customer focused, professional and experts.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Brandi C

Carl Alan Floral Designs LTD provided the floral decor for my wedding at the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia on July 7, 2017. The floral arrangements were absolutely gorgeous! Not only that, everyone at Carl Alan ( specifically Kate, Lisa Marie and Chloe) was AMAZING to work with.... Read More They were personable, professional, patient and accommodating. While trying to decide what type of flowers I wanted for my wedding, Kate was great! She was very patient; she gave me and my husband excellent suggestions and made sure we stayed within the budget we set. I had concerns about the weight of my bridal bouquet as I have difficulty carrying heavy items and didn't want to have an issue on my wedding day with my bouquet. The team at Carl Alan offered to have me come into the studio to test out various type of bouquets before my wedding. In addition, on the morning of my wedding I realized that I needed flower petals for the aisle. I called Carl Alan and they happily accommodated me! They are the BEST!! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Danielle S

This was by far my favorite vendor to work with for my wedding. Vito and team are absolutely amazing and his vision is brilliant! Definitely a top notch florist! Would 100% recommend to ANYONE!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Katie V

Great service, definitely consider for your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Sarah B

OMG! Simply amazing! When I first set up a consultation with Carl Alan I wasn't sure I would even be able to make them a part of my wedding budget but boy was I surprised! When we first sat down for our first consultation I already had a slight chip on my shoulder due to a... Read More previous appointment earlier that day and I was hoping that I would find that one florist who would give me everything I wanted and then some. Bingo! If you feel the same way go no further. I met Vito and gave him my vison and color scheme and within minutes he had a bunch of different flowers in the room to help me get a visual for my dream. When I left later that afternoon I knew they were the ones. They worked within my budget and really helped bring our concept to life. I will be honest, a baseball wedding is hard to pull off especially trying to cover every last detail. The team at Carl Alan was very nice and included me in every part of the planning process all the way up to a few days before the wedding when my flowers were put together and my vision was brought to life. If I sent an email, I received a response within hours which is great when a bride is in the heat of planning and on the brink of a meltdown! If I called, they either had someone on the phone with me right away who knew my image and was able to assist and answer any questions I had. It was a pure pleasure working with this team and my guests absolutely loved all of our flowers and centerpieces!!! If you are looking for experienced florists who will make sure that your flowers and centerpieces are the least of your worries during your planning....seriously look no further!!!! Let them show you what it is like to receive excellent customer service and satisfaction! Love you guys!!!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Elise A

We loved working with Vito from Carl Alan. Our flowers came out beautifully and were exactly what we imagined they would be. Vito is so creative and understood the need to stay within our budget - coming up with creative ways to utilize decorations without adding cost.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Lauren F

Vito and the whole team were amazing. Not only is Vito a blast to work with , but the flowers and decor he created exceeded our expectations. We can't wait to use them for other events in the future.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Stephanie K

Of all my wedding vendors, Carl Alan was the best across the board (and I had lots of great people working for me). Flowers were never my priority, but honestly now that my wedding is over I am still blown away every time I see a picture with the work that Vito Russo and his... Read More team did. They truly made my vision a reality and enhanced it to make everything more stunning than I ever could have imagined. They are not cheap but absolutely worth every penny spent. Communication with every team member was fantastic; nearly instantaneous. Vito even took a trip out to my venue (which was outside of the city) since he hadn't been there before to ease my mom's worries about him knowing where things should go and so that he had a better idea of the layout beforehand. Absolutely fantastic in every regard.

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Tina H

Everyone at Carl Alan was amazing. They listened to what we wanted and delivered exactly that. I wanted all red roses, which can get pricey, but the pricing was very good. The bouquets were stunning and all of the flowers held up so well. I've been to a lot of weddings where the... Read More petals get droopy towards the end of the night, but ours never did. I am so happy we chose Carl Alan!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Jennifer E

When we met with Vito we knew he really knew what he was doing and takes pride in his work. We came in with an idea probably different than most people come in with. Our wedding was beer themed so we wanted to incorporate hops and wheat into all of our flowers. When we told Vito... Read More what we wanted, he explained his visions and we had total confidence in his information that we knew he wouldn't disappoint. When we went to see our sample, we were totally surprised. I didn't think you could fit that many flowers and greens into a growler, but he did it and they looked awesome! Once the flowers were delivered on our wedding day, everyone was in awe. The hops looked great in the bouquets and the boutonnieres with the hops, wheat, and beer caps were exactly what we wanted. We were very happy with the final products and are so glad we picked Vito and Carl Alan!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Kathryn M

Vito and the Carl Alan Florist team was incredible from the very start. They were easy to work with, communicative, creative and fully carried out my vision for a vintage glam wedding. The ceremony set-up was breathtaking and the center pieces were a dream. I could not have... Read More asked for better service and am so glad that I selected Carl Alan Floral Designs to be part of my wedding.