Book Your Wedding with Carl House

A BALLROOM IN AUBURN, GA

Carl House in Auburn, Georgia, is eager to help couples experience all of the splendors and graces of this distinctive venue for an upcoming wedding. With expansive indoor and outdoor event spaces on the estate, brides and grooms have a wealth of wedding options at Carl House.

The Grand Ballroom. One wall of the Grand Ballroom features a mezzanine and curved double staircase, which provides the ideal spot for stunning entrances and first-look photos. A grand piano sits in one corner. The ballroom and mezzanine level accommodates up to 225 guests for a seated dinner and up to 350 people for a cocktail reception.

The Ceremony Gardens. The gardens include winding paths lined with blooms, immaculate flower beds, a gazebo and a brick altar. These are just a few of the features that make the Ceremony Gardens an ideal spot to exchange your vows.

The Grounds. Expansive grounds on the estate make your open-air reception unforgettable. The venue can add a tent to an outdoor area to accommodate up to 500 guests. Tents can also include a dance floor and lighting.

The event staff at Carl House is professional, friendly and accommodating. They happily attend to every detail to allow you to relax and enjoy the planning and orchestration of your wedding day. Private planning sessions take place throughout the months leading up to the event and you receive guidance with budget, services and menus.

Every booking includes up to 11 hours with their in-house wedding director who will assist you with planning your complete ceremony and reception. The all-inclusive event services offered at Carl House are designed to eliminate as much stress for you as possible. A rehearsal is included with your event.

The wedding party has use of two dressing rooms on the day of the event. The bridal suite has a marbled dressing room. The groom's quarters feature a television for relaxing.

The Carl House recommends a number of preferred vendors to help simplify your planning. Receive recommendations for vendor services, such as wedding cakes, linen upgrades, chair covers, limousine service, entertainment and invitations. The venue requires that you use the in-house caterer.

The in-house catering service is both professional and flexible, enabling you to choose and plan virtually any menu for your reception. The executive chef works with you extensively to help you choose your menu items.

Every wedding at Carl House includes full setup and tear-down of all indoor and outdoor equipment and furniture. The venue provides all tables, outdoor chairs, Chiavari banquet chairs, table underlays and overlays, silver centerpiece with a candle, china, flatware and stemware. Ivory, black or white linens are offered. In-house props and decor are also available.

With booking of Carl House, the venue provides you with an allowance that you can use toward extra rental items or floral services.

Ample on-site parking is available. An overflow lot is also available. An overflow lot also available on an adjacent field.

Flexibility and attention to detail are standards that set Carl House apart from other wedding venues. The wedding director is a veritable expert when it comes to orchestrating every fine detail of your upcoming wedding. Enhancements are also available to add to your wedding package.

• Add decor to reception, such as plate chargers and candelabras
  • Ceremony embellishments available, such as a trellis, shepherd hooks, unity candleholder, pedestals, fabric draping and lanterns
  • Chargers, cake stands, vases and assorted props available for the reception
  • Host your rehearsal dinner at Carl House
  • Add services for cake cutting
  • Order snacks for before your wedding or late-night snacks

Extraordinary. Memorable. Events.

Considered THE go-to site for discerning brides throughout the Southeast, visit award-winning Carl House. Lush gardens, an elegant ballroom with curved staircase, in-house catering and floral, it is designed to assist brides in creating customized events, assisted by an attentive Carl House team!

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

1176 Atlanta Hwy., Auburn, GA (770) 586-0095

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Maria Jose A

How could I possibly put into words what a phenomenal team the Carl House has and how unforgettable our wedding was. From the initial meeting, we met the owner BB Webb, and fell absolutely in love. We thought it was a fluke how much we loved it and blamed it on it being the... Read More first venue we looked at and that we were too excited. So, against our initial instinct we decided to visit two more venues and realized how lucky we had been to find the Carl House right off the bat! We couldn't sign the contract fast enough! From then on, as incredibly stressful as wedding planning is, Nicole our wedding coordinator was such an angel to have! She was always reachable, thorough, sweet, kind, detail oriented, and most importantly made it her mission for us to not compromise on what we wanted but to create our dream wedding. I tend to think too much about what other people want, but trying to please 150 guests is impossible and I had Nicole to always keep me in line and remind me that it is OUR wedding. She was my sanity throughout the whole process! Another key team player was Lindy Lamarco, this woman is a fairy godmother of flowers! As a very budget oriented bride she adjusted our options accordingly, I was worried that if we didn't get the most EXPENSIVE flowers that the aesthetics of the ceremony/ reception wouldn't be like I wanted but boy was I wrong! She has dreamy flower selections and visions to fit every budget and I absolutely loved every floral aspect of our day. I can't speak enough words of praise and gratitude toward the whole team. From Coordination, to bill review/settlement, to the food ( which I am still getting raving reviews from my guests about!), our bartender (who was the sweetest lady and expert bartender I have encountered, all of my guests loved her!), to the execution and dealing with the unexpected, they were absolutely FLAWLESS! We had to deal with unforeseen ceremony location change due to weather as soon as we got to the altar, this could've been an awful start to our day but Nicole was there to ease my nerves, deal with the guests as we transferred and even keep me absolutely dry! My day was absolutely everything that I had dreamed it would be and I am so grateful for the Carl House and every member of their team for being everything that they needed to be to get us through! Thank you Thank you Thank you for all you did and all you continue to do to ensure that all couples get an amazing start to their lives as a married couple! We are forever grateful!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Lyndsay K

My wedding was just a week ago at The Carl House in Auburn, GA. It was everything I could have ever dreamed of & more! From the wedding planner, the venue & the food, it was perfect! We had the steak & three cheese ravioli and it was AMAZING! I had absolutely no stress at all... Read More during the planning process to the day of. Thankfully, it was a beautiful day and we were able to have it outdoors, but one of the main reasons I chose this venue was the fact that it would have been a gorgeous indoor wedding as well. The inside of the Carl House was absolutely perfect and little decoration was needed. I loved the long brick walkway, the gazebo & the brick wall. Most especially, I liked it because for the most part it was a one stop shop. Also,, whenever I needed anything answered (which happened to be many questions) leading up to the big day Nicole (wedding planner) responded almost immediately. Indira (the other wedding planner) assisted the day of to make sure everything was in place & happened smoothly! I am so thankful I chose this beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Caitlyn T

I am so glad, excited and blessed that we decided to have our wedding at the Carl House! Our wedding was on October 2, 2015. It was raining the whole week before with a very slight chance of sun. I have a very type A personality and like to have a plan, but I REALLY wanted to do... Read More it outside because that was my dream! However, the whole carl house team still made me dream come true and our ceremony and reception were nothing short of beautiful! Nicole stood beside me and talked me through everything. She helped me make decisions that I just couldn't do on my own. She rocked it on our wedding night with her energetic personality and smile, and made everything go perfectly smooth! Lindy did an AMAZING job on our flowers and I couldn't be happier! She helped turn my dream into a vision! The whole carl house team catered the whole wedding party, guests, and the bride and groom and everyone had so much fun! Thank you so much for making our day perfect and smooth-going, and helping us create wonderful lifetime memories! We are so thankful for you!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Kaleigh H

My new husband and I couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out on our big day! The Carl House team went above and beyond to wow us and we are very happy! I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Kelly E

Carl House was the perfect venue for our wedding! From day one the staff made everything so easy for us. They were extremely attentive and helpful throughout the entire process. All of our needs were exceeded on the day of our wedding. Lindy did an amazing job with the floral... Read More arrangements and decorations - it was stunning. Nicole and the staff at Carl House made it their priority to make sure that us and our guest were VERY well taken care of. Everything we asked for and needed was done promptly and with great care. We were their number one priority and it showed in everything they did. We cannot express how important it was to have them and they truly made our wedding day the BEST day ever.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Megan B

Venue is gorgeous and amazing. Both wedding coordinators, Nicole & Indira were awesome!! Very flexible, professional, and understanding. All of the staff at the Carl House just wanted to do anything needed to make our day perfect, which it was! The food is amazing! Anything we... Read More tried was delicious, and all our guest agreed! Lindy LaMarco(florist) is super awesome. She was willing to meet with us several times to make sure we got what we envisioned. She made sure the flowers and everything that was rented was amazing. Best place to get married by far!!! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Aimee A

The Carl house is so beautiful, it's in an excellent location, and the grand stair case is to die for... but that isn't even the best part (hard to believe it gets better than that.. I know). The best part is Nicole, and the staff!! Anything we needed or wanted at ANYTIME was... Read More immediately taken care of. Nicole was the most amazing wedding director probably EVER! Not only was she so kind and thoughtful, but she also made sure my wedding went smoothly! I was nervous until my rehersal (because who getting married isn't), at my rehersal Nicole was in wedding mode! Everyone in the wedding party knew their exact roles and exactly how to do it. Then on the wedding day she helped each and every one of us through the entire thing. She was AMAZING! And the staff was also very attentive and you could tell everyone there loved their jobs and really wanted my husband and I to have the best wedding ever, and we did!!! I will be reccomonding the Carl House (Nicole) to every engaged couple I come across!!! There are not enough word to express my amazement and gratitude to the Carl House and Nicole!! THANK YOU NICOLE AND THE CARL HOUSE STAFF!!!!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Camille W

Hello. I just had the Wedding & Reception of the Lifetime at the Carl House. I can't even express the sincere gratitude Nicole and the Carl House team did for us. Leon and I STILL talk about how we wanted elegance and class at our wedding and reception. Carl House EXCEEDED... Read More that exceptions beyond our thoughts and dreams. In fact, my family, who came from Chicago, even recommended The Carl House, to host an event. The food was delicious, the staff was kind, EVERYTHING was beautiful. I still have guests contact us to speak how classy and elegant the entire night was. My mother, who is hard to please, spoke NOTHING BUT GREAT THINGS AND she adopted Nicole as I did as well. She has a heart of gold. If you, the Bride, are seeking the BEST place to have your wedding and reception, look NO FURTHER, THE CARL HOUSE, is the place. You won't regret it at all! Love, Camille and Leon Dover

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Elese W

My only small suggestion would be to allow the bridal party to enter the bridal sweet more than an hour and a half before the wedding because it takes a long time to get ready. Everyone at Carl House were super professional starting with the sweet receptionist that answers the... Read More phone. I live out of the country so my main contact was email and everyone answered my millions of questions politely and quickly. On my wedding day Nicole made sure that everything was handled perfectly and that my wedding party and I were taken care of. Also, Linda worked with my small budget and made my floral arrangements more beautiful than I had imagined. It was a remarkable day and almost all my guests made comments about how much they loved the venue.

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Megan S

There are not enough positive words to describe how in love I am with Carl House and their team. They are AMAZING. They were the best to work with from start to finish and I had no worry that our day would be perfect. I can't imagine having our wedding at any other venue. The... Read More guests all said wonderful things about the staff and how beautiful it is! The food is amazing, Nicole the wedding director is an angel, and Lindy with Carl House Florals is so talented and a true artist. Wedding planning is stressful, but I felt so taken care of and they made it so easy. I love them so much!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Meredith F

I highly recommend choosing the Carl House for your wedding venue. Not only is the property absolutely beautiful on it's own, but the Carl House team is what make the Carl House worth every penny(and we found affordable too). I fell in love with the property of the Carl House in... Read More the beginning loving that you could have both ceremony and reception in one place. What I later found out was that the Carl House has their own wedding director, on site florist, and on site catering. I cannot even begin to explain all that the wedding director, Nicole Benson, did to make our wedding run smoothly. Not only did we get to meet with her several times before the big day to verify all details and schedule were exactly how we wanted them, but the day of our wedding went flawlessly thanks to Nicole. I don't know how she does it, but if you turned around in need, there was Nicole. She was amazing! The Carl House also has their own on-site florist, Lindy DeMarco. She met with us prior to the wedding and emailed back and forth answering my questions and when wedding day arrived, my flowers were EXACTLY the vision I had in my head. Absolutely stunning! She did bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, a large centerpiece for ceremony, and helped with all décor. We arranged to have Lindy and her team set up all décor for the tables and reception area and she delivered beautifully. The food was wonderful. I had folks asking us who the catering company was so they could use them for their events after the wedding! The Carl House team thought of it all- down to serving cups of water at the ceremony to our guests since it was hot while waiting. I am so thankful we chose the Carl House for our fairy tale wedding and would highly recommend them for your wedding! Thank you Carl House for providing the wedding to remember and cherish for a lifetime. -Meredith and Andrew Classon

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Shelby D

It couldn't have been a more perfect, beautiful day. The Carl House went above and beyond my expectations with the incredible flower arrangements by Lindy, the wonderful food for dinner, and a top-notch wedding director, Nicole. I am thrilled I chose the Carl House for my... Read More wedding! Even almost a month later, I'm still talking about it, and people are still telling me how beautiful and perfect it was! Thank you Carl House team!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Haley S

We chose the Carl House because of their superior customer service! Everyone we worked with was wonderful and they took care of every detail. The wedding day was perfect- no complaints. All our guests were impressed and many commented that everyone should get married at the Carl... Read More House! We couldn't have asked for a better experience on our big day.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Kaleigh C

My husband and I chose the Carl House for our wedding venue for a couple of reasons. For starters, I grew up in the area, and passed the Carl House every day of my life on the way to and from school, and I always thought it was so beautiful. Then, after we toured this historic... Read More house, we knew it was the one for us. I love history and all things old and beautiful, and my husband loves the outdoors and natural things. So between the antique nature of the inside, plus the outdoor ceremony site and the gardens, this place was perfect. From the start, we knew we had made the right decision. We were so lucky to have Nicole as our wedding coordinator, and she truly made the wedding planning experience so much easier and enjoyable as she was always there to answer my many many questions. The day of could not have been more smooth thanks to Nicole and her team, and the directions she gave. Speaking of the team, I was just beyond blown away by the service of the Carl House. Every one of the workers there had smiles on their faces and they served our wedding guests to the fullest. During dinner they walked around and took our guests dishes when they were finished, and they went above and beyond to pass out our cupcakes (we allowed each of our guests to choose their own cupcakes, so it was more difficult for them to be passed out). There was even someone standing outside by the ceremony site passing out water to our guests who arrived early! Amazing! The food was even better than it smelled too! We chose the pasta bar because I love pasta so much, and we were not disappointed! Those meatballs were the best I've ever had, and my husband loved the pesto sauce. There is always this joke that you will not eat at your own wedding because there is no time, but Nicole was not having that. She made sure that we were able to sit down and actually eat the delicious food that we chose. I think I could write a book about our wedding experience and how amazing that it was! It has been a couple weeks since our big day, and we still have guests telling us how amazing that our wedding was, and we have the Carl House to thank for that! If you are looking for a gorgeous, one stop, easy venue that is affordable and comes with everything you need (which REALLY makes the wedding planning so much more stress free) then look no further than the Carl House!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Annique D

We absolutely loved having our wedding at the Carl House. Nicole the Wedding Director was super helpful throughout giving us great advice on vendors, suggestions on where to take pictures, etc. She was always super responsive and having both the 90 Day and 30 Day meeting to plan... Read More things out was very helpful (most venues just do it 3 weeks out). It is just such a lovely venue. Our family and friends loved it! The ballroom is incredible and one of the only venues we found that had enough room to have a 180 person wedding where people didn't feel cramped. We highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Kasi M

My husband and I got married at the Carl House, and it was a wonderful experience! All of the staff was friendly and helpful from day one, and it was that customer service attitude that made our big day a success. We didn't have to worry about a thing, and our wedding ceremony... Read More and reception were amazing. Can't wait for the pictures!

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Christina S

I had an April 2017 wedding here and it was PHENOMENAL thanks to the Carl House. Nicole is the best wedding planner and knows exactly what she is doing. Lindy did an incredible job on the florals. Both of them are talented and they make sure everything is done exactly how you... Read More want it. People are STILL talking about the food and how gorgeous the wedding was. All of the vendors that the Carl House provides do an exceptional job. If you are interested in booking your wedding here... do it! I toured over 15 venues with my spouse and once we stepped foot into the Carl House we never looked back.

Reviewed on 3/29/2017

My wedding was absolutely MAGICAL at the Carl House!! From the grounds, to the staff, to the decor and florals, to the food everything was to PERFECTION! Nicole and Indira were AMAZING making sure every detail of the wedding was taken care of so that I could just enjoy. Lindy... Read More did a fantastic capturing our vision for the florals. The food was delicious and the waitstaff very professional. I always had a dream as to what my wedding would be like and the Carl House completely outdid my expectations. We received so many compliments from all guests regarding how beautiful the wedding and venue were. I cannot begin to thank every one involved for making my dreams come true. I would recommend this amazing venue to anyone!! Thank you again Carl House!!!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Mary M

The moment I first stepped into the Carl House, I knew it was the place where I wanted to get married. My husband and I did visit one more venue after seeing the Carl House, but our hearts and minds never left it. The Carl House team simply made us feel at home from the very... Read More beginning. Whether you want an indoor or outdoor ceremony, this place is absolutely beautiful. If you need a florist, look no further than their very own Lindy. She did an amazing job with our flowers; everything was beautiful! Our wedding day really was perfect, and we could not have done it without our wedding director Nicole. She kept a positive outlook even when I was worried about rain (the weather was perfect!). It is clear that she loves what she does, and she is great at it. She made the day go so smoothly making it possible for me to enjoy every last second. If you are looking for a place to get married, or for any other special event, you will not find a better place than the Carl House.

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Alexis H

I cannot express how wonderful it was to have my wedding at the Carl House. When my husband and I were first looking for a venue for our wedding, we were set on going to another place UNTIL we visited the Carl House. We were blown away by their customer service, and we knew that... Read More this was where we wanted to have our reception. Our wedding director, Nicole, was a life savor! She was easy to talk to and made the whole wedding process stress free. I have really bad anxiety and with planning a wedding I found myself in tears often. However, the one thing I did not have to worry about was the venue. Nicole assured me that everything was taken care of and she was in constant contact whenever I needed her. The day of the wedding was beyond perfect! Many of my guest who traveled from all parts of the U.S. kept talking about how beautiful the Carl House was. My family from up north even wished they had a place similar to the Carl House to host their events. Between the venue, food, service, photographer (Stevi Clack) and DJ (Daniel Espeute) this was a wedding never to forget!

Reviewed on 3/09/2017

The Carl House was a beautiful place to get married at. The weather was absolutely perfect for a February wedding! The staff was very attentive & did a fantastic job making the day go smoothly & perfectly. Nicole was an amazing wedding coordinator for me & did everything I asked... Read More of her and beyond.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Anne C

I recently got married at the Carl House for a Christmas wedding on 12.10.16. I love their magnificent Christmas tree which really set the tone for our wedding. I loved that we were able to have several meetings leading up to the wedding with Nicole regarding the specifics of... Read More our wedding and to be able to actually see the venue multiple times as things start to come together in the planning process. Ultimately the PROS are that the venue is gorgeous, the acoustics in the room are GREAT(we had a band), the food is delicious, and the Carl House has running your wedding down to the tee. I also used the in house florals with Lindy who is beyond accommodating and nice. She worked with our budget, and I loved using her because she knows her limits with the venue and has more clout there than an outside florist will have there. CONS are that their strict timelines on your wedding can get frustrating. We purchased an additional hour (I wished I had purchased more) that we were allowed to be on site prior to the ceremony since we were only allotted a certain amount with our rental....and most of that time was after the sun had set due to day light savings time....which wouldn't allow for any outdoor pictures. If you are looking for a venue to get ready at and have pretty pictures of you getting your hair and make up done with your bridesmaids...this isn't it. The bridal suite is beautiful... but you will hardly use it, more than likely you won't have enough time to be in there or use it for anything. My advice, rent more time...however you can only rent more time 90 days before the wedding if they don't book another wedding. So you are essentially holding your breath wondering about your wedding day schedule until you know you can book more. You won't even know when your dinner rehearsal time or day is until 30 days before your wedding because they want to book another event prior if possible, and you are lowest on that priority list no matter when you book., if they tell you the venue holds 250 people, that is a stretch. Thats only if you don't have a band, and don't use chargers(which I really wanted and found out later effected my head count). I originally booked thinking we would have plenty of space and at my 90 day meeting, Nicole let me know that was an incorrect information. We struggled to fit my 180 guests with the chargers I wanted. I would say I was impressed with the organization of the venue and Nicole; however, I was dissatisfied with the time I got with my rental considering the amount of money we paid because they want the option to book another wedding the day of your wedding. They have a certain way of running their weddings, and if you try to change their system at all you're going to get pushback. I realize they are running a business, but each bride only gets one day to get married, and I felt on multiple occasions that our wedding was just another wedding to them. Overall, my wedding was beautiful, Nicole worked very hard the day of to make our wedding day organized, and besides being stressed about time, it was a perfect day.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Valentina F

Carl house was our dream come true. We couldn't spend a fortune, but we wanted a one-stop-shop. We didn't want to deal with 30 vendors. Carl house took care of everything and on my wedding day, I didn't have to worry about one single thing. I had complete peace of mind. And its... Read More the most beautiful venue!! We loved every second of our day. Thank you Carl House Team!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 William E

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our wedding at Carl House. There was plenty of food and everyone talked about how great it was! I get compliments every day about our wedding and how people want to have their wedding where we had ours! Nicole, the wedding director, really... Read More went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect! As a bride, you want to make sure you don't have to worry about anything on that day - and I didn't!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Caroline L

I could not have pulled off an elegant wedding in two months without them. Especially on a tight budget and without family intown to help me. We decided on August 1st were wanted to be married this Oct, two weeks later we were engaged, had a venue, dress and plan. I can not... Read More tell you how easy The Carl House made our wedding of 100 on a budget of 14k. It was a tight budget, but we wanted to pay for the wedding ourselves. We started looking for a venue on a Tuesday and spent the weekend on venue appointments. At the end of the weekend we were narrowed to two very different locations, the Carl House and a warehouse. The decision became easy when we took a drive and visited them back to back. The Carl House offered all in house vendors, saving me the time and headache of having to organize, coordinate and blend different types of vendors to one wedding plan. The packages saved the unneeded hassle of coming back around to a venue and caterer to select set up and food. In a meeting that lasted less than two hours, we had a venue, menu, flowers, table setup, agenda, cocktail hour and coordinator all arranged. From there we selected invitations, seating cards, honeymoon, DJ, Photographer, Videographer, and cake. I've never been married before, but the Carl House and especially Nicole make it a breeze. We have a friend that is a wedding coordinator at a competitor and she complemented us on how lovely and seamless the event was.