Add color to your wedding at Carnivale!

From the traditional to the unexpected, the unique Samba Room can accommodate up to 170 with a dance floor. The Samba Room has floor to ceiling windows, and all of Carnivale's color and flair.

Ballroom, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment

702 West Fulton Market, Chicago, IL (312) 850-3879

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Chris K

My wife and I were married at Carnivale in July last year and we could not have found a more perfect venue to meet our needs and desires. We were living in Egypt when we began planning for the wedding and needed a space which looked beautiful without the need for extra... Read More decorations, had a professional event planner who could provide suggestions and communicate effectively with clients who were overseas, and had great food. With Carnivale we hit the jackpot. Our event planner, Tiffany Junta, was able to connect us with professional vendors for the two things we needed to outsource, our cake, and an amazing DJ (from Toast and Jam) who kept everyone on the dancefloor for the whole evening. Tiffany was in communication right up to and through the wedding to ensure every minor detail was looked after. Thanks to her efforts, everything was smooth, stress free and perfect on the day. We have now visited Carnivale on three occasions: the tasting, our wedding and for our one year anniversary. Each time the staff have made us feel like royalty. The South American themed menu is delicious and provides a wide range of options for all dietary needs. The bar was exceptionally well stocked, the signature cocktails were outstanding, and the bar staff worked hard to ensure the bride’s glass was always full. Many of our guests still tell us that this was the best wedding they have ever been too.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Christine R

We could not have chosen a better venue than Carnivale to host our wedding and reception! Doug is hands down the best wedding coordinator of all time and you can tell he genuinely loves what he does. He made sure everything went off without a hitch and checked in with us... Read More regularly. The prices were way better than what I thought they would be and every single one of our guests said it was the best wedding they've ever been to! The food, the decor, the service, all impeccable. My heart is swelling with gratitude <3 thank you guys soooo much!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Sarah Beth V

AMAZING!! From our first contact with Carnivale till the end of our reception, we had exceptional service. Danny helped us coordinate and plan everything and we couldn't have asked for a better person! He answered our MANY questions and never made us feel stupid. He had great... Read More ideas and advice and was available by phone and email. We really had no idea what we were doing when it came to planning a wedding and Danny helped us through the whole thing! We could relax on the day-of knowing that were in good hands. The venue is absolutely beautiful with no decorations needed (though you can decorate if you want). We had our ceremony in the main dining room and the reception in the large room upstairs. Everything flowed smoothly and all the staff at Carnivale were great at managing everyone/thing so we could just enjoy our wedding. THE FOOD IS DELICIOUS!! It was very important to us that we have lots of delicious food and Carnivale definitely came through on that one. Three weeks later and we're still hearing people rave about the food at our reception! I only wish I could've eaten more! We served our dinner family style and there was more than enough for everyone to have their fill. The staff was also able to easily accommodate all the food allergies and kid's meals for the kids. Seriously, everything was delicious! We didn't have a wedding cake, but instead had a wedding cotton candy machine! This was a HUGE hit with everyone and was a lot of fun :) Because Carnivale is a restaurant, we also didn't have to worry about renting tables and chairs, linens, glasses and place settings. They also provided votives for each table and personalized menus for each place setting. They also have extra furniture if needed. We had a cozy little lounge area set-up to get people mingling :) Carnivale helped us create a wedding that was totally us and we couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Allison F

Carnivale was an absolute joy to work with. Tiffany made everything seamless and the day went so well. Whenever we needed anything, the entire staff at Carnivale was responsive and did an excellent job. The venue was perfect for our wedding of ~160 and the food was absolutely... Read More incredible. Guests could not stop raving about how unique the venue was and how fantastic the food was. Multiple people have told us it was the best wedding food they had ever had. We were so pleased with how everything went and how attentive and responsive everyone was at Carnivale. We are absolutely thrilled and cannot recommend it enough. If you are looking for a break from the chicken/beef/hotel weddings you have been to multiple times, book your wedding here. You will not regret it. Thank you again, Tiffany and team!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Jennie E

We couldn't have been happier with the experience of hosting our wedding reception at Carnivale in April of 2017. We knew we wanted our reception to be unique, with excellent food, a positive experience for our guests, easy to plan, and at the right price point for us. Carnivale... Read More fit the bill on every level. We hosted our reception for 150 people in the Samba Room. On the day of the wedding we and our guests were impressed with the high quality of the service, the delicious food, and the incredible ambiance. While there were moments in the planning process when I felt that the planners were not as responsive as I would have liked, everything came together flawlessly. The day of the event everything was set up in the way we asked. The catering manager was clearly keeping a careful eye on things all night, assuring things ran seamlessly (and he made sure the bride had all the ceviche she wanted!). Details like passed signature drinks, valet service, and coat check all went smoothly. And since it was pouring rain the day of our wedding, we were thrilled to have Carnivale as a backdrop for our photos. Our guests continue to talk about what a wonderful experience they had at our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Rebecca B

Working with Doug at Carnivale has been a dream from start to finish. He is so attentive and detailed oriented! My husband and I planned our entire wedding, ceremony and reception, in the large private room on the second floor. We chose Carnivale because we knew the food was... Read More great, they have great service and we didn't have to fuss with decor/lighting/linnens as they were already there and the space is so vibrant! Doug helped us with every detail and even completed some of our items for us. When I arrived at the venue for the ceremony, I didn't have to make any decisions or change a thing. Everything was set up perfectly, in exactly the way we specified. The night was PERFECT. The food was wonderful, service was timely and our guests had a great time! It's been almost two weeks and we are still hearing from our guests about the fabulous time they had at Carnivale! Book this for your wedding NOW!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Carey C

We had our rehearsal dinner for about 120 people at Carnivale on June 16th, 2017. It was fantastic working with Doug from beginning to end. He was very accommodating in making sure our menu was exactly what we wanted, even when some items were not originally listed on the family... Read More style menu (we took some items from the regular menu and subbed them in). We constantly communicated via email, and he always responded in a timely manner. The food at the rehearsal dinner was absolutely delicious, and our guests really enjoyed the family-style menu, which encouraged conversation between guests and gave it an overall very fun vibe. We were able to add personal touches to the evening...they have a TV where you can enter a USB with pictures, and it will play a slideshow for you throughout the evening. We played a slideshow, and additionally, we made our own playlist for the evening, and they just plugged in our phone and put our music through the speaker system. The only negative thing I have to say is that tasting times are inconvenient, since they are only on week nights in the late afternoon when most people are working. Doug told us to book a table on a weekend, and they would throw in a couple dishes on the house for us to try. There must have been a small miscommunication, because we did not have any items comped, but we let Doug know. Due to this minor error, he took an upcharge from our menu for our event and comped it (we added a white fish, which was extra originally, which was then taken off of our invoice! awesome.). He also comped our use of their speaker/microphone for the speeches. The whole evening was great, from the atmosphere to the drinks to the food! If you have a large event, I highly recommend going with Carnivale!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Judy C

Best, best, best place to have a party! The ambiance was great, the food was amazing and Doug was so organized and helped keep everyone from losing it! Wish I had more kids to marry off so I could have another party there!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Katie S

We had our reception at Carnivale this past September, and from our initial meeting at the restaurant with our coordinator, we knew we couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. We wanted a totally unique and fun venue, and Carnivale fit the bill perfectly. We worked with... Read More Tiffany, and every interaction that we had with her was a dream - I can't say enough good things! She patiently answered all of our questions throughout the entire year-long process, coordinated flawlessly with out vendors, and went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable with all aspects of the day. We used the entire second floor, and due to the size of our party, we had dinner in one room and dancing in the second; although I was a bit worried at first about splitting up the action, Tiffany ensured that it flowed perfectly. It turned out many of our guests really appreciated being able to sit and chat in the dinner room when they wanted to take a break from dancing, and they stayed later than they would have otherwise. The entire staff was incredibly helpful on the day of the event, and it seemed like someone was always coming out of nowhere to anticipate our needs, including making sure we always had fresh drinks, plenty of water, and appetizers set aside. Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention probably the best part of the night - oh my god, the FOOD. We did family-style dinner because we didn't want people to have to choose between all of the amazing choices (4 starters, 4 entrees, and 2 sides, plus an awesome set of mini-desserts) and ALL of our guests told us it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. I still dream about it. Can't recommend highly enough - thank you Carnivale for the perfect day!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Lauren G

Working with Doug at Carnivale was a total dream - he seemed genuinely interested in making sure our wedding was exactly how we wanted it! The night was a blast, and everything went off without a hitch! Doug worked with all of our vendors beforehand so we were sure everything... Read More would be perfect the day of, and he and his team went the extra mile to add some personal touches they knew we would appreciate to the night.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Rachel P

I was lucky enough to have the wedding of a lifetime at Carnivale summer of 2015. It was a unique experience and unlike any wedding my guests have ever attended. Not only was the food top notch, but the service was impeccable as well. Carnivale has always been my families go to... Read More restaurant for special occasions. We came here for dinner after my college graduation from Columbia College, many Valentine's Days have been spent in the funky dining room, and birthday martinis drank in celebration at the bar. Having my wedding reception here was a no brainer. After drinking our signature cocktail all night and eating the fabulous food we danced the night away! Best day of my life! Thanks Carnivale for helping make the best memories.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Carlos H

This is an excellent place to organize a wedding. Whether if it's a small one or a large one. Ours was a small wedding and the assistance/guidance that the Event Sales Manager had with us since the beginning, the excellent food/large menu choices, and the special service that we... Read More received during our celebration was the best. Thanks Carnivale for such a beautiful experience and thanks to the Event Manager : Melissa Calabrese for assisting us until the end.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Regan A

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner at Carnivale and couldn't be happier. We worked with Melissa and she really made an effort to work with us on meeting our budget. They have a couple of rooms to choose from and it's a fun space with eclectic decor. We chose the smaller room... Read More that fit 50 very comfortably with room to dance as well as it's own bar. The food tasted great and the presentation was wonderful.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Rameil A

We had our rehearsal dinner here for an August 20th, 2016 wedding. Melissa was SUPER accommodating and incredibly helpful. Responded quickly and helped us find a budget that worked well for us. We were in the private room downstairs and absolutely couldn't expect any more.... Read More The event was perfect, and everyone LOVED the food. It's not often that the first thing you hear about on a wedding week event is the food, but everyone raved about it. I would absolutely recommend Carnivale for anyone looking for an event location!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kristin R

Our family and friends had an amazing time at Carnivale for our rehearsal dinner! The staff went above and beyond for us- even though our meal was family-style, they unexpectedly brought out special individual meals for our toddler nephew and a vegetarian family member. I don't... Read More think I had time to set my drink down after I had finished it before one of the servers had another one ready to hand to me! The food was delicious and there was more than enough for everyone. Doug was very accommodating and great to work with while setting everything up.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Brigid D

Our wedding reception at Carnivale was flawless. As a publicist attention to detail, communication and creativity is super important to me when working events and all three of these attributes shine at Carnivale. We worked with Doug Leuthold who is amazing. He responded in a... Read More timely manner to all my inquiries and if I suggested something that was not executable on Carnivale's end he came up with a solution that was just as perfect (if not better) than my original idea. Doug and his team at the reception kept the timeline of events on schedule, made sure the guests always had a drink in their hands and are arguably one of the best event teams in Chicago. And the food! I can't tell you how many times I have heard from our friends and family how delicious the food was. I could not have asked for a better venue, team and lead event planner to work with. I now know why people renew their vows because I want to do this all over again at Carnivale!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Chris P

When searching for the perfect venue, we had struggled between finding a cheaper banquet hall (while decorating more to compensate for the lack décor) and finding a more expensive venue (that needs less decorations). With its very colorful and unique décor, Carnivale had fit... Read More perfectly in the middle. We personally had worked with Doug for the entire planning process. His attention to detail and incredible work ethic is reason enough to book Carnivale on the spot. In addition to his professionalism, he is completely down to earth and relatable to make the entire planning process very pleasant. Doug basically treats your wedding as if it was his own. He’ll provide plenty of ideas to fit under your budget while making sure that everything still looks fantastic. Since he also works as the day of coordinator, he’ll make sure that everything goes smoothly to add icing to the cake. In addition to the wonderful venue, Doug, the food is amazing good. Before deciding on booking the venue, we had tried a few entrees to try the food. Even though the dishes are slightly different for the reception entrees, we sold on how good the food was. Between the dishes that we had tried and the tasting, the hardest part was to decide what to include on our menu. With all of the delicious dishes, we had used the family style menu to provide the guests with a variety of food. Between their deliciousness and portion sizes, family style only made the guests wish that they had larger stomachs! With such amazing food, great service, and incredible staff, we highly recommend booking your wedding at Carnivale!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Maggie A

Carnivale is an amazing place to have a wedding! It really captured our personalities. A side from the wonderful event planning and banquet staff, the venue is perfect because it is a one-stop-shop; food, beverage, linens, chairs... All in one location. I cannot say enough about... Read More the amazing staff, without them, I would not have been so stress-free before and on my wedding day. I would highly recommend Carnivale for any event, including a wedding!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jessica W

If you want the perfect night for your wedding, contact DOUG!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Kate H

The staff at Carnivale took care of everything for our wedding reception and couldn't have been more accommodating! It was an amazing evening and the food and drinks were incredible!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Mary M

We chose Carnivale for our son's Rehearsal Dinner and it was great! It's very colorful and requires minimum decoration. You really need to see it at night, with all the lights, to appreciate the atmosphere. And the large windows look out onto the city. Their soundtrack... Read More created a party vibe. We got raves all night about the food, which included appetizers, taco bar (great!), paella station, and sweet table. Working with Molly Nienhaus was a pleasure. She was very easy to contact and would provide suggestions, if asked. She was able to give us a very accurate guide as to how many appetizers to serve, etc. On the night of the dinner, traffic was horrible and we knew that the bus with the entire bridal party would miss most of the appetizers. One phone call to Molly solved our problem. She immediately contacted the chef to slow everything down. The catering manager was available throughout the entire night to make sure all was going well and according to our wishes. I highly recommend Carnivale and believe it would also be a wonderful, fun venue for a wedding.

Guests are still raving!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Melissa V

The venue is so unique, and everything was amazing. We wanted something special & different, and this was the place. The food and drinks were out of this world, and the even accommodated a few special requests (like adding raspberry & peach mojitos). The service was great!

Outstanding! The One!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Erica L

We had an excellent experience at Carnivale! The food was incredible and with such a unique menu it really left our guests with an experience to remember! The drink package included a great selection plus the signature drinks (margaritas, sangria, and mojitos). You cannot find... Read More signature drinks like this at other venues! The atmosphere made for such a fun party and we kept decorations to a limit because the venue had so much to offer. The staff was wonderful to work with too and really catered to our needs. Ali was a pleasure to coordinate and work with. Our guests continue to rave about how much fun they had and how delicious the food was. We received so much for the price and will continue to return to celebrate our wedding day!! This venue blew us away and really made for a perfect day!

Best Wedding Venue Ever!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Krissy B

We had our wedding at Carnivale on a Sunday in June - it was absolutely perfect. Nothing to complain about. Even our guests had nothing to complain about! They said it was the best and most fun wedding they had ever been to. We worked closely with Ali, who was so patient... Read More with us - she's truly wonderful. She made sure every detail was perfect for us. We wouldn't change a thing and would recommend Carnivale to anyone who wants to have a unique, out of the ordinary, and memorable wedding.

Get Married Here -- You'll Thank Me

Reviewed on 6/06/2014 Valerie K

Without exaggeration, picking Carnivale for our wedding (May 31) was one of the best decisions we ever made. For starters: the venue is beautiful. You can see how colorful it is in pictures, but unless you go there in person, you can’t get an appreciation for how vibrant the... Read More inside of the restaurant looks. It’s really stunning. I bought small centerpieces for each table, but other than that I didn’t have to worry about decorating anything at all. Already taken care of. Second: the food. The food is amazing. Multiple people told us that it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had, and I agree with them. Portions are huge. No one will leave hungry. Great drinks, too (I believe that all of the drink packages come with sangria, mojitos and margaritas – really fun and festive drink options in addition to all of the “normal” stuff). Lastly: the service. We worked with Ali and she took care of everything. She was on top of all the logistics, and there was never a moment when I worried that something would slip through the cracks. A lot of people get stressed out over wedding planning, but our planning process was a breeze and Ali was a huge reason why. The bartenders and wait staff were wonderful, too. During the cocktail reception, one of my guests asks the server if any of the appetizers contained dairy (she has a dairy allergy). The server brought my guest her own plate of non-dairy appetizers so she would have enough to eat (which means, unfortunately, that the server was more attentive to my guests’ needs than I was!!). I can’t recommend Carnivale highly enough. We couldn’t be happier with our choice.