Cascade Fine Catering

Hamden, CT

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Cascade Fine Catering

A BALLROOM IN HAMDEN, CT

Outdoor Venues. The outdoor areas at Cascade Fine Catering are absolutely mesmerizing. Rich wood tones in the garden’s gates and trellises create an inviting atmosphere, while meandering stone pathways provide endless photo opportunities and also invite the bride and groom to slip away for some quiet time during the reception. Manicured plants and artistic floral arrangements add flair to the lush greenery present. But the real star of the exterior is a large stone waterfall with a small pond.

Indoor Venues. Inside, prepare to be wowed. Wood floors add warmth to every venue and combine well with the golden mood lighting present. Abundant natural illumination is relaxing during the afternoon and lets you watch the setting sun with your wife, while enjoying a glass of champagne. High ceilings make for a spacious feel, and large hanging chandeliers add romance.

Besides the dreamy venues and decor, you should know that the food at Cascade Fine Catering is phenomenal. Plan on spending a bit more than the bare minimum to have access to some of the culinary staff’s specialties. Of course, no matter the package you choose, a maître d’ is on hand to make sure everything goes smoothly from start to finish. Butlered hors d’oeuvres are provided for any reception.

Some of the dinner options available are antipasto caprice, baked manicotti, prime rib, stuffed jumbo shrimp and risotto Milanese—to name a few. They’re all prepared on-site by talented chefs. Numerous rave reviews mention the food as one of the biggest pluses at Cascade Fine Catering. Considering how great everything else is, that’s saying a lot.

Having an on-site wedding ceremony costs extra, but the additional charge includes 100 white ceremony chairs, use of the bridal suites 30 minutes prior and an included ceremony rehearsal. Other extras that are worth every penny include a customized ice sculpture and valet parking. There is a 50-person minimum on food items, and full payment is required two weeks before your wedding day.

If your favorite package doesn’t include them, think about selecting optional specialty stations during dinner. They’re popular both with kids and adults, especially newlyweds. Some possibilities are sushi, caviar, pizza, focaccia and paninis, a chocolate fountain, a Viennese table and an extreme sundae bar.

As a premier wedding venue, Cascade Fine Catering offers several amenities to make the bride and groom’s day more pleasant, leaving a lasting impression on their guests.

• Personalized wedding invitation
  • Custom wedding cake
  • Fresh floral centerpieces
  • Guest party favors
  • Five-hour open bar
  • Champagne toast

...Elegance & Ambience

At The Cascade, you'll find elegance, luxury, and charm. Enjoy succulent cuisine prepared by our Culinary Institute of America Alumni chef and cocktails by our waterfall terrazzo. Your reception will be under a sky of Austrian Crystal Chandeliers.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

480 Sherman Ave, Hamden, CT (203) 907-0595

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Jennifer P

We had our wedding at Cascade 10/22/17 and couldn't be happier with how our day went. The food was fantastic, flowers in the ceremony area were stunning and the staff was kind, efficient and easy to work with. the venue all around was a perfect fit for us. Rosa, my coordinator... Read More was wonderful and always happy, kind and attentive when we spoke. She has an eye for details and even assisted with the invitations. Great experience and highly recommended all around.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Laura K

On September 23rd my husband and I had the most magical ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at Cascades. Rosa, Alexis and the whole team were amazing to work with from the beginning of the planning process until the last dance. Working with Rosa to plan everything from the... Read More ceremony, to welcoming guests, cocktail hour and the reception was absolutely amazing. She has wonderful ideas that I never thought of. Their packages are so reasonable and the extras they can provide are by far the best we've encountered and trust me visited a lot of venues on our journey to the alter. From the moment we met Rosa at our first meeting, without starting the tour we both knew this wonderful place was where we would get married. There was so much food and drinks, our guests are still talking about how ours was the best wedding they have every attended. Alexis and her team did an amazing job taking our decorations and making our vision come to life! The staff that waited on us while we were preparing to walk down the isle were magnificent. The two bartenders of them even noticed I wasn't buttoned up into my dress properly and dropped everything to help my mother fix my dress seconds before I walked down the isle. We also had a snafu with the seating chart and Rosa and team were there to fix it without my knowing until after to avoid stressing me out!!! From the moment we saw the pergola I knew that was where we should have our ceremony. I couldn't have imagined it any better than they prepared it for my day. The beautiful cobblestone walk past the waterfall to the pergola is a photographic dream. I have seen the preview of the photos the photographer took and they are beautiful. One thing my husband has OCD about is cleanliness and this venue went above and beyond his expectations. He could not stop talking about how clean Cascades is both inside and outside compared to some of the other venues we had seen. The entire staff were friendly and attentive and helped our guests have the time of their lives at our wedding. All my husband and I wanted was for our guest to have a great time, and that's exactly what was delivered. From being greeted with a glass of Rose before the ceremony, to being stuffed during cocktail hour, the delicious buffet style dinner, the late night pizza and dessert bar; no one left hungry. If I could give Cascade a million stars, I would. The team here treats you like family and make the wedding planning process so simple. I didn't even hire a wedding planner because I had Rosa :). Go see Cascades to book your wedding, there is no way you can be disappointed; unless they don't have your date, but just pick another one like we did! I wish I could do it all over again

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Ashley S

We got married on September 29, 2017 and had our reception at Cascade. It was a perfect night and could not have gone better. As the bride and groom, our needs were met in every way from set up to decor to food and drinks- we felt completely relaxed the whole night. In addition... Read More to making sure we were settled, Alexa, Domenic, and Rosa made sure our guests were taken care of, and they went above and beyond. The bartenders and waitstaff were amazing. Cascade's staff timed every detail perfectly to keep our energetic wedding guests and wedding party happy. The greatest compliment was getting calls after the wedding from our guests who described the night as perfect, fun, and the best wedding they've been to in a long time. We are forever thankful to Cascade!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Jessica B

Cascade Fine Catering is the best place to have a wedding at. My husband and I got married on September 13th 2017 and it was the best time of my life. The staff was attentive to our every need. Dom was always there to answer the phone when I had a question and he made our... Read More experience perfect. Alexa was our matradee and she was wonderful. She was there when I needed her and never left our side. All the staff at cascade was wonderful and our wedding day was a night to remember. I will highly recommend Cascade Fine Catering to anyone who is getting married or needs a hall for an event.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Michele L

I couldn't have been happier with my wedding day at cascade. My dad got sick and I ended up planning my wedding in 5 months. Rosa was amazing and so helpful with every step in the process. I was nervous and anxious in the short time frame, but she calmed me down and assisted... Read More through every step. My wedding far wxceeded my expectations. The food was incredible and the venue is breathtaking. We got married outside on a gorgeous august afternoon and the reception was in the garden room. We couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Kelly G

My husband and I had a long engagement, so we had plenty of time when it came to choosing our reception venue. We easily looked at 20 different places across Connecticut, but the minute that we toured Cascade, we knew it would be the one. The venue is spacious, spotless, and... Read More spectacular. The staff is beyond patient and willing to answer any and all questions. They will respond to calls and emails rapidly, and sit for meetings whenever you feel it necessary. Domenic, Rosa, and Alexa guided my family, who had never planned a wedding, through the entire process--from choosing a menu to the seating chart. I knew that, no matter what, the reception would be everything that I dreamed of. I met with Rosa the week of the wedding and trucked in with a ton of props and decorations. She made sure that everything was exactly how I envisioned it--I wouldn't have changed a thing had I been able to set up myself (and as a true control freak, I really wanted to). My guests are still talking about how fantastic the food is (I HIGHLY recommend the mac and cheese station) , how friendly all of the staff was, and how beautiful the venue is. The guests, like Joe and I, loved being the only wedding there, having a separate space for cocktail hour, the gorgeous outdoor patios, the fabulous lobby and bar, the private space for the bridal suites, the huge, cleanly bathrooms, and of course the all wood ballroom floor (complete with chandeliers--just like Beauty and the Beast), which left plenty of room for dancing. We had about 200 people in attendance, and had an abundance of space, while still feeling intimate. I would guide any of my friends or family members toward Cascade for a wedding or any type of party--it'll be an event you'll never forget!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 reyna p

(Mother of the Bride) Fairy Tale Wedding!! So many many special things here: *150 or more people means you do not have any other people or parties in the building or in the parking lot, except your guests. *Reasonably priced *Excellent food and outstanding presentation *Rosa... Read More is a rock star and Dominic as well. Start to finish, they aimed to serve in every way. They gave us beyond what we agreed to. *The ballroom with high ceilings, grand stair case and crystal chandeliers made it feel like a scene from Beauty and the Beast. *We choose the Sweet Indulgence Table in place of a cake and it had gorgeous chocolate covered strawberries, pignole cookies and gorgeous Italian pastries from cannoli, to sfogliatelle and giant 'lobster tail' pastries. We also added the Belgium Waffle Ice Cream Sundae Station. Impressive display *They let me bring in any special touches I wanted. Our kids are at the age where we are constantly going to weddings, and I am not easily impressed, but Cascade gave us a Fairy Tale Wedding in every sense of the word.

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Nicole A

We had our wedding at Cascade on 4/15/17. I cannot say enough good things about this venue. We have heard nothing but wonderful things from our guests since the wedding day. The food is to die for, the staff is fantastic and the venue is beautiful. If you have the chance to work... Read More with Rosa, trust me when I say you are in wonderful hands. Her attention to detail is spot on. Every little detail we discussed was executed perfectly. We cannot thank you enough Rosa and the entire Cascade crew!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Jennifer B

Lots to say about this place! Food: The food is their trademark. They have delicious, high quality food with incredible presentation, taste, and portions. Our guests kept expressing how impressed they were. They did a great job of making sure the wedding party had plenty to eat... Read More and drink while we were getting ready and taking photos. Venue: Easy to find, plenty of parking, beautifully maintained building and grounds. Recently renovated so this place looks brand new. First class all the way. Lots of options here. Staff: Great personalities, lots of fun, and very dedicated and experienced. More than once, staff came to our rescue to do things like brainstorm ideas, give advice, and even helped with my insanely complicated bustle. My husband had foot surgery right before the wedding and they helped us figure out how to stage everything for his mobility. Price: There are a lot of options here and you can customize for your budget. We chose the Winter Wedding Special, which was an incredible package with perks and since our wedding day fell in early April (the week before Easter), we had beautiful, warm weather. I would definitely put Cascade on your list of places to see and seriously consider for your wedding or any other event!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Meaghan C

Dominic, Alexa, and the entire Cascade Staff, Deven and I can not begin to thank you enough for everything you have done for us. From day one, the minute we stepped into the venue we were comfortable with you and felt supported in every possible way which made our wedding day... Read More PeRfEcT. Because of Cascade and the staff, our wedding night was everything we could of dreamed of and more. Dominic and Alexa we can't begin to thank you for all your help. We never once worried about a thing having you two by our sides on our wedding day. We knew we were well taken care of. The food was excellent and you had all our guests talking about it for days. As a bride having a million things to set up between decorations, place cards, etc. I did not stress because we had total faith and trust in you. Everything about the Venue was absolutely beautiful and perfect. It was truly a night to remember and one that was so unforgettable. I would recommend Cascade Fine Catering a million times over if I could to all for any event. Thank you Again for making December 2 everything we could of dreamed of.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Nicole C

We got married on September 17, 2016 at Cascade and had a fantastic wedding! We looked at many venues across Connecticut but decided to travel an hour away from our ceremony site to Cascade and were not disappointed. The grounds are well maintained and the main ballroom is very... Read More elegant from the grand staircase to the beautiful chandeliers! Rosa, Alexa, and Domenic were very professional, quick to respond to our questions, and very helpful with the planning process which made our big day run very smoothly. They made sure we were always taken care of on our wedding day so we wouldn’t have to worry about a thing. The food was also fantastic as there was a large selection of hor d’ourves and main course options. All throughout the night and even weeks after our wedding, we received many compliments from our friends and family about the beautiful venue and great food! My wedding day was everything I could’ve imagined and Cascade helped make this day very special and memorable! We would definitely recommend Cascade to anyone looking for a beautiful venue at a reasonable price!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Alison S

We got married at Cascade Fine Catering on October 16, 2016! I still cannot believe that the day is over! It went by so quickly because everything ran so smoothly; thanks to the staff at Cascade :) Rosa and Domenic answered my many questions throughout the planning process and... Read More always welcomed us to come by to help with our planning. All of our guests are telling us how it was the best wedding they have been to in a while and that the food was phenomenal. (My husband and I agree!) The salad was even impressive and gorgeous! Rosa made us feel special through out the night and even quickly bustled my dress for me and consistently remembered what we were all drinking and delivered it to us. They paid close attention to our grandparents as well which was very nice! We were extremely impressed with the service at this venue and the one thing we wish was that we made the reception longer so we could continue to have a great time! It was so nice to have the hospitality instead of just "workers." I will definitely put in a good word for anyone who is looking!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Sara M

I had my wedding at Cascade this July, it was absolutely amazing! Alexa, Rosa and Dom helped me plan the wedding of my dreams. My guests still are talking about the stuffed lobster tail and filet mignon dinner. The whole staff was very friendly and helpful. My bridal party... Read More had two head waitresses, Angela and Jessica, they brought us appetizers and drinks during cocktail hour. They helped me with my wedding dress when my bridesmaids were too busy enjoying the party. Our ceremony was in the gardens, then cocktail hour in the Garden Room, plenty of food, drinks and seating for my guests. Then the reception was in the main ballroom, which looked so elegant. We danced all night long, and at the end, my head waitresses even packed everything up for us. If I had to do it all over again, I would only change one thing, I would add more time to the party. It flew by so fast, and even though we danced all night long, I wish it didnt have to end. Thank you everyone from Cascade ! I loved every second of my wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

Cascade it not only beautiful but the experience is unforgettable! Rosa, her family, wait- staff and bartenders are fabulous and professional. As a bride you picture your wedding reception to be stress- free and unforgettable, I did not have to worry/ stress about ONE thing. My... Read More husband and I had the best and most unforgettable time. From the planning to then celebrating our day, Rosa's experience and expertise guided us to plan and have the best wedding reception! The reception ran so smoothly it was just perfect! All of our guests were raving about how excellent the food was, from cocktail hour to the late night pizza bar! The entrees were phenomenal and the service was excellent. The venue is gorgeous and the dance floor is a perfect size for a party filled event! If you want to have a stress- free, unforgettable wedding reception, leave it to Rosa and her staff at cascade, you won't have to worry about thing! I without a doubt recommend cascade as the best choice for your CT wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Mary M

Words can't express how grateful I am to Dominic,Rosa and the Cascade staff. From the help of Dominic through all the planning and Rosa's help the day of the wedding. She was great. Had everything organized and everything was beautiful from the ceremony right through the... Read More last minute of the reception. The staff was always right there to serve the Bride,Groom and wedding party. Wish I could do it all over again.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Joe A

My husband and I got married this past July 2016, we are a gay couple and were worried about how we would be treated at any location. Alexia at Cascades was the absolute best! She was so warm and welcoming and was there for us every step of the way. She was our very own wedding... Read More planner. She gave us her personal cell phone if we had any questions, who does things like this? The venue was perfect! Every single guest we had raved about the food, and 2 guys with huge Italian families, the food had better be good - And it was outstanding. Alexia and Rosa and the staff personally brought us our favorite cocktail throughout the entire evening without even having to ask. Every single thing we needed or wanted was taken care of without question. If anyone is getting married in the area, do not look anywhere else, Cascade is the place for sure! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

I was weary about booking any site that seems to pump out weddings weekend after weekend but, after getting recommendations from two close friends and my coworker, my husband and I decided to reach out to Cascade. We had almost 300 guests (Italian/Greek wedding) which made me... Read More nervous to begin with! Cascade had open dates in the fall which I wanted first and foremost (not many but enough to even consider them), very reasonable pricing compared to other venues in the area, excellent food (in my opinion and that was mentioned by almost all of our guests) and Rosa and the team are also so personable, flexible and fun to work with! The entire staff reminds me of my Italian family and they made the whole process easy and stress-free! Not to mention, the interior and exterior of the venue are constantly being updated with great new features, beautiful décor and pretty details that I certainly appreciated. I also loved, unlike most venues, that Cascade didn't have obnoxious carpeting or wall paper. Again, it's a small detail but it made picking décor much easier and I was able to pick colors and items that I wanted rather than what went with the venue. All of our guests said they had an amazing time and the room fit us with more than enough room to spare - and yes, we did quite a bit of dancing! Another point worth mentioning is that food was served quickly and with great quality. Out of all 24 tables, no one was left waiting for their entrée while another guest was moving on to the dance floor. If you're looking for a great experience in planning your wedding, then go to Cascade. They know what they're doing and there was never an point in the process where I felt unsure and if I did, I simply asked the staff and they had an immediate and very helpful answer for us!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Patricia c

Cascade did a wonderful job for our wedding! The food was absolutely delicious. Guests still tell me how much they enjoyed our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Kerrie B

We could not imagine a more perfect place to have had our wedding in September. From the first meeting we had with Rosa I knew immediately I wanted to get married here. Rosa was SO personable as well as professional and made me feel very at ease with every crazy question or... Read More request I had. The ballroom is absolutely beautiful and the grounds are stunning. We were able to get married outside in the back and it was stunning. We did a station set up for our dinner and everyone could not stop raving about the food. The brand new bar that was just built is also gorgeous. Dominic also was super helpful answering my emails right away. Alexa was more than attentive the day of and my husband and myself never were without a drink :) She was always checking on us to make sure everything was perfect. Rosa also set up the room and cocktail hour exactly how I wanted it, actually better than I could have imagined! If I could do it all over again I would do it as Cascade a million times over. Thank you guys so much!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Cristina M

My husband and I cant thank the staff at Cascade for making our special day the most amazing day we ever could have ever dreamed of. After meeting with Domenic and Rosa we knew that Cascade was it for us. I cant thank Domenic for helping me up until the big day came and for... Read More Rosa and her team for putting all my worries aside when it came to setting up the venue room for all my guests. It was more beautiful than I ever could have imagined it to be. The food was amazing and the staff was really great and such a pleasure. Thank you Domenic and Rosa and the rest of the staff at Cascade.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Danielle C

My wedding went off without a hitch at Cascade. Dominic, Rosa and Alexa were amazing leading up to my big day and not a detail was missed. They went above and beyond to ensure my dream wedding came to life. The food was amazing (people are still talking about the mashed potato... Read More bar at cocktail hour and entrees), bar service was on point (I did not want my guests waiting for drinks) and they really personalized the experience for me and my husband and our bridal party. We did our first look at the venue and we had a perfect September day. I cannot say enough good things about this place and I cannot thank the staff enough for making all of the details fall in to place.

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Jessica B

My husband and I had our dream wedding become a reality at Cascade Fine Catering! The beautiful gardens and waterfalls look stunning from every angle outside throughout the summer, the double staircase leading into the ballroom makes for an impressive entrance, and there is a... Read More separate room for the cocktail hour with a full bar and outdoor access. We also chose cascade due to the fact that we were the only wedding going on so the staff was completely dedicated to us, we didn't worry about sharing the grounds, or any other part of our special day with another couple. We attended the food tasting, which was for an additional cost and cash only so beware, as well as the bridal fair which was useful for finding a bakery for the cake. The food at cascade is absolutely phenomenal and I haven't had anything there that i did not enjoy, especially the filet mignon, stuffed sole, and clams casino. The staff at cascade - Rosa, Dom, and Alexa - were wonderful throughout the entire year of planning, very informative, always willing to help, and so friendly. Rosa was present for the night of the reception, and constantly checked in that all was going as planned, brought extra hors d'oeuvres to the bridal suite for the bridal party, personally bustled my dress for me, served the groom and I an extra entree, and overall was so helpful, but not overbearing. I had no complaints for the entire reception; our wedding reception was perfect thanks to this gorgeous venue and wonderful staff! We could not be more pleased!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 ashley c

On April 4, 2015 Rosa and her amazing staff made our wedding dreams come true. From the early stages of planning, to the million and one questions that we asked in between, until minutes before, Rosa made sure that everything was beyond perfect. Not only did we have an amazing... Read More day at Cascade, but Rosa became family. Her knowledge and professionalism were outstanding. Her staff was helpful, courteous, and efficient. Our ceremony was by chance outside, and at the last minute they were able to set us up outside, it was amazingly beautiful and perfect. From the picture scenery, to the food and of course booze, we couldn't think of one thing to complain about. I have recommended Rosa and Cascade to everyone that I could imagine. Not only are we happy that we had our wedding here, but now we will return for every other major event that we have in our futures! We can't thank you enough!

Cascade is Magical

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kristin C

My fiance and I had spent forever trying to find the perfect wedding venue, and once we visited Cascade, we knew it was the place for us! The venue is affordable, with a variety of options, and offers first-class service! The food is absolutely phenomenal and the staff goes out... Read More of their way to attend to every question, concern, and need. Domenic, Alex, Rosa, and our head waitress, Jessica, went above and beyond to make sure we had the most magical wedding ever! Domenic was my point of contact and kept everything organized for me, even with my hundreds of questions! Alexa and Rosa were our main contacts for the day of our wedding and they attended to every detail (even so far as helping pin corsages for the grandmothers and pinning my wedding gown to my bra so it would stay in place!) Jessica, our head waitress for the sweet heart table, was absolutely darling! She made sure that my husband and I had everything we could need and more! We had multiple people tell us that ours was the best wedding they had ever been to and it was all thanks to Cascade!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Cindy V

We couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding than Cascade Fine Catering in Hamden, CT. They were flexible, understanding, and willing to go above and beyond any of our wildest dreams and expectations. They made our wedding day literally , the BEST DAY EVER!... Read More I never had to worry or stress because Rosa and Alexa ensured me and my groom (Groomzilla hehe :) ) that everything was 100% perfect. The food was delicious, the venue was gorgeous, and the service was A Plus. Thank you so much for making us feel the way every bride and groom should feel on their big day. Couldn't have picked a better reception venue. xoxo