Bringing Your Events to Life!

CATERED BY DESIGN brings your wedding to life with sumptuous food presented in spectacular fashion. Our creative & friendly team of wedding planners will be with you every step of the way. You can enjoy your special day with total confidence and peace of mind.

Cuisine

American, Italian, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Delivery + Setup, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100

9204 Waukegan Rd., Morton Grove, IL serving Chicago Metro Area (847) 965-4094
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Julie B

My daughter had her ceremony and reception at The Redfield Estate in Glenview, and CBD provided the food and beverage service. Everything was just spectacular. The food was delicious- probably the best cheese ravioli I have ever had. My daughter chose a vegetarian menu, and... Read More the choices were terrific. Even the meat eating guests were satisfied with the luncheon selections. The staff were courteous, timely, and the presentation was beautiful.

2017-06-15T11:04:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with your daughter! All the happiness!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Shawna G

We can not say enough great things about this catering company. We worked closely with Nikee. Nikee was such a pleasure to work with! She was so personable and easy to work with it felt more like planning a wedding with a friend! She helped customize every bit of our wedding!... Read More She was so attentive and responsive to our every need! And the food + service at our wedding.... WOW! We felt like kings and queens! The food was out of this world we got so many compliments about how great it was and how people have never had such great food at a wedding before. Everything was so seamless and perfect! We highly recommend Catered by Design for a personalized, unique wedding!

2016-11-16T09:27:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you and wish you nothing but the best! The best is yet to come, cheers!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 K W

Catered by Design made planning our wedding so much easier and smoother than I thought it would be! We worked with Nikee Fellows and her team at Catered by Design for our wedding in September at the Winnetka Community House. From the very first meeting all the way through to the... Read More event itself, everyone we worked with with organized, detail-oriented, responsive, very flexible, and genuinely excited for us! The food was delicious and displayed beautifully (with lots of unique options to pick from), and the staff working at our wedding was so friendly and professional. With this group on board, you don't need a wedding coordinator! Nikee and our day-of contact, Laura, happily coordinated and directed our other vendors for set up, take down, and answered any questions they had directly. They helped my fiance and I draw up with a realistic timeline for the day, gave us various options for furniture set up in the space, stored decorations we wanted to drop off early (and set them up however we wanted), and kept things running smoothly and on time. They even thought of the really little things too - like saving some extra hors d'oeuvres from cocktail hour for us to snack on at the head table during toasts. Honestly, this team made the entire difference when it came to wedding planning. Catered by Design was an easy and really pleasant to work with one-stop shop for our food, bar, cake, and venue coordination. I'll recommend them to all of my friends getting married in the Chicago area! Thanks again, Nikee and team for making our wedding day so great!

2016-11-16T09:28:41 Response from the vendor

You're much too kind! Thank you for such lovely words, we really appreciate it. We want nothing but love and happiness for you and yours for many years to come :)

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Grace K

Loved the dessert and champagne tree! Food was delicious and fun.

2017-12-11T11:08:40 Response from the vendor

We are glad you enjoyed! Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to working with you in the future!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Stephanie B

We used Catered by Design for our June 2017 wedding at Bridgeport Art Center. Catered by Design did an amazing job! They were always quick to reply to emails and phone calls during the planning process, and they executed everything perfectly on the day of. The food was... Read More delicious, and we were reminded of that when several guests were talking about it weeks later. Also, their presentation of their food is what really sets them apart. They make everything look beautiful! Thank you so much Catered by Design!

2017-12-04T16:04:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We are so glad our service and presentation stuck out to you and your guests. Wishing you all the best in the years to come!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Joann K

Catered by Design was fantastic! Everything went seamless and stress-free... exactly what a bride needs on her wedding day! Sam Gray was a pleasure to work with. He was responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding. And the food and service on the wedding day were phenomenal!... Read More The staff went above and beyond to help us - they even arranged our center pieces, pictures, and name cards. They were always there when you needed them, but not obvious or in the way. The setup was stunning, and the food was delicious!

2017-11-09T12:14:13 Response from the vendor

I am so glad you enjoyed the food and our staff was happy to be apart of your special day! Wishing you much happiness in your future!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Natalie H

We were referred to Nikee Fellows and Catered by Design by our wedding planner at Two Sisters Events. We met with Nikee almost a year before our wedding. We were really pleased about how the food tasted and even wondered if another caterer would be able to replicate the menu at... Read More catered by design- we tried it and it was nothing like the food at Catered by Design. so we opted to spend the money for quality food and amazing service. Everyone at CBD was so helpful throughout the whole process. Immediately after the wedding, one of our guests reached out to us asking for our catering vendor b/c one of their friends was looking for a reputable caterer for their wedding. Of course we did not hesitate to share CBDs info. Book CBD if you're look for delicious wedding food, great quality and exceptional customer service. We were so happy we hired them!

2017-11-02T13:53:07 Response from the vendor

This makes us so happy! Both, you and your fiancée were such a delight to work with and we are so glad you and your guests were impressed!Thank you for the referral! Looking forward to working with you both in the future and wishing you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Michelle G

Two words to describe our wedding: perfect and affordable. The reason? Catered By Design. My (now) husband and I stumbled upon Winnetka Community House when we were searching for affordable venues. Catered By Design (CBD) handles the food for the aforementioned venue. From the... Read More first interaction with CBD, to a few days after our wedding, the staff, namely the Culinary and Events Specialist, Nikee, and our service captain for the wedding day, Wanda, were wonderful. We honestly could not ask for more from them. Leading up to the wedding, Nikee helped field questions, gave feedback when we needed it, and helped us prepare the perfect menu for our guests. The day of, Wanda went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect. The venue and setup (handled by CBD) was gorgeous and the food was delicious. The salad was so good, people were shouting about it to the table next to them ("Are you talking about the salad, because if not, you should.") The day was more than we could have ever imagined because of Nikee and her team. The rest of the staff, including the bartender, servers, setup team, etc. were so kind and really went out of their way to make our day special. Several guests asked us how we found such a gorgeous venue and amazing catering. They were blown away when we told them we found both when searching for cheap wedding vendors. We will definitely keep Catered By Design as a go-to for future catering needs. I highly recommend checking them out for your wedding. I promise you will not be disappointed.

2017-10-24T17:05:42 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure being apart of your beautiful day! Thank you so much for the kind words and we look forward to working with you in the future!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Danielle S

Where do I even start?! From the staff, to the food, to the presentation...everything was top notch!! Just about every minute of the night we had guests coming up to tell us that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. We STILL have guests raving about how... Read More amazing the food was! Sam Gray was an absolute pleasure to work with during the planning process and the staff the day of the event was incredible. I did not have a wedding planner and had a lot of DIY decorations that I had created. Sam's team helped set everything up exactly the way I wanted. In fact, the setup looked even BETTER than I had imagined! Not only is their food insanely good, Catered by Design really goes the extra mile for their clients with their presentation and accommodations. I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about Catered by Design. Thank you for making my wedding an absolute dream!!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Betsy P

Loved this caterer, loved Nikee. The whole catering staff worked seamlessly with us to deliver a personalized menu, and organized so much of the delivery. Everyone from the head of the kitchen/waitstaff to Nikee was stellar! They worked beautifully at the Cheney mansion to... Read More coordinate my daughter's wedding. I could not have wished for more beautiful and delicious food. And since we have a lot of foodies and chefs in our family, I highly appreciated the excellence of the cuisine. Thank you!!!!

2017-09-11T10:58:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! It makes are job easy working with such a lovely family! We wish you all the best in your future!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Tony W

We recently had the pleasure of using Catered by Design for our wedding at the Redfield Estate in Glenview, and could not be more pleased. First, every one of the guests we spoke with - literally, EVERYONE - complimented each and every element of the Catered by Design... Read More performance. The food was certainly the most-mentioned star, but the professionalism and hustle of the staff was pointed out by many of our attendees. Personally, working with with Nikee (Event coordinator), Wanda (on-site Captain) and Karen (lead bartender) and everyone else I was able to meet was simple for me. They were quick with answers to my questions, solutions to my requests, and their smiles never faded. There were no complaints or sour faces or frustrations evident on anyone - despite the downpours during setup and the heat of the day. So...we HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Kelly H

If I could give them 6 stars I would! The food was incredible! Every single guest at our wedding raved about the food from start to finish! My father did not get to taste any appetizers during cocktail hour, so the staff made him a plate just for him! The staff did everything so... Read More perfect all night! It was raining leading up to my wedding, but when the sun came out, they immediately sprung into action so I was able to have my wedding outside! They made our day perfect!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Marissa O

We absolutely loved working with Catered by Design for our wedding in March 2017. We were lucky enough to work closely with Sam throughout the process, and he made sure everything ran smoothly. The food and the presentation were perfection. We got tons of compliments and people... Read More saying it was the best wedding food they had ever had! Their cookies were a big hit too! We were approached throughout the night by the staff manager and bartenders to make sure everything was correct and to see if we needed anything. I highly recommend going with Catered by Design for any event, especially a wedding!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Andrea O

We had our wedding in October in Glenview, IL and Catered by Design did an amazing job hosting our wedding reception. We worked with Sam as we planned our wedding from California, he was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, genuine, and a great communicator. Everyone thought the... Read More food was amazing and the service and staff were always on top of things. Everything turned out really beautiful, we would definitely recommend the venue, the food, the staff and its exceptional service!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Beth S

We used Catered By Design for our October 2016 backyard wedding and I would highly recommend them for any type of event. We had a wonderful experience from start to finish. The food was excellent and we had many compliments from our guests. The quality was great, the... Read More presentation was even very nice, and most importantly, the food was super tasty. Even leftovers were still so delicious. The chicken mascarpone and redskin mashed potatoes were amazing! It definitely wasn't your typical wedding food. The staff was very professional and easy to work with. They were very helpful throughout the whole planning process. Catered By Design helped make our day special and gave us an unforgettable experience!

2016-10-11T18:06:20 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU! We love when people can truly see and taste the love that comes from our company. Thank you, it truly was an honor to be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Ivy R

We had our wedding on September 18, 2016 at the Winnetka Community House and used Catered by Design. Nikee and her team were very professional and treated us very well. The process went smoothly and they were very responsive and accommodating to any questions and requests. We... Read More didn't find any difficulties planning our wedding from out of state. They coordinated everything so well! The day of came out perfect and the quality of the food were awesome! Our guests really enjoyed themselves and kept complimenting the wedding.

2016-10-11T18:09:01 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU! Sometimes, it just takes a little bit of sunshine, loved ones, and delicious food to take special moments and transform them into forever events. Keep love alive! We wish you nothing but the best <3

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Susie M

My husband and I only had four months to plan our August wedding. We happened by chance to consider renting the affordable Glenview Park District building to use the lake as a backdrop for our ceremony. Catered by Design is their exclusive caterer but we couldn’t have chosen... Read More better. We were lucky to work with owner Sam Gray, who kindly met with us a couple times to ensure we could have the wedding we wanted. He was cordial, helpful, and patient from the beginning. He listened to our preferences and never tried to steer us in any other direction or to “up sell” anything. His integrity and pride in his company made us feel safe and happy in our choice of venue and caterer. Our wedding day turned out to be rainy and stormy but as it cleared up in the afternoon, Sam worked with my husband to help us keep the outdoor ceremony we preferred. It was splendid and I was truly in awe when I arrived. His service staff was also excellent. Of course my groom and I were kind of stunned and not paying attention to the timing of things, so server captain Laura gently reminded us to cut cake, start dancing, etc., so we wouldn’t fall too far behind. She even helped to keep an eye on my dog who was outside the wedding on the patio. Our families were really impressed by her professional and helpful manner. The servers were also attentive but unobtrusive, quietly keeping things running smoothly. The bar was ready for great service throughout cocktail hour and reception. The food was beautiful and came out at just the right times, and they even saved hors d'oeuvres from the cocktail hour for the busy bridal party! What can I say? Sam and his staff truly catered to the design of what we wanted for our wedding day. We did not hire a wedding planner but thanks to CBD we didn’t really need to. It speaks volume of the staff that there really isn’t a thing we would change about the day that we had and I’m so thankful to have worked with such a great catering team!

2016-10-11T18:11:28 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU! Your words have touched our hearts and have awaken the soul of our company. We love what we do and this is why we keep doing it, from every little detail to the big ones. We had a blast! Sending you lots of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Galina G

Very professional, easy to communicate team. The food was delicious, we got so many complements from our guests about the food and especially the desserts

2016-11-16T09:29:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. Yes, we are so lucky to have our bakery/ sweets team who can pump out delicious treats! We wish you nothing but the best!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Chelsea R

We were absolutely thrilled with our service from Catered by Design! The owner, Sam, was so accommodating and responsive. Our wedding was in my backyard (down a big hill) which could have been very challenging for a catering company, but he came to my house twice to assess... Read More everything we would need to pull it off. We also wanted to serve Shrimp n' Grits- which they had never served before- but they went above and beyond to make sure it tasted exactly the way we wanted. The servers and bartenders were excellent and very professional. Sam's responsiveness to all of my questions assured me that we were in great hands. I absolutely recommend Catered by Design!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Spencer C

When we were reviewing catering options over 6 months ago, Catered By Design stood out as our top choice due to the variety of what they were able to offer, as well as the professional contact we had with them, and the quick responses. This was true the entire time leading up... Read More to the wedding, as Nikee was constantly checking in with us, ensuring everything needed to be prepped beforehand was ready. The day-of there was a bit of bad weather, and I'm a bit of a control-freak, but our main caterer Jorge was very accomodating, finding me between events to update on the weather, and whether we could use our outdoor (but covered) seating or move things indoors. Everything turned out amazing, and the time flew by. Honestly my biggest regret is that we didn't realize how quickly dinner would pass, as everything was delicious (we had carved Roast Beef, Roasted Chicken, and Risotto Cakes on a buffet) and by the time I was ready for seconds, our cake was being brought out. If I hadn't specifically asked to be consulted at every turn, I have full confidence the Catered By Design Team could have run a fantastic evening without any of my input (I basically only agreed with what they suggested anyway). Truly a great experience and well worth it! A quick photo of the place setting they did for us: https://goo.gl/photos/KTxFmY4M89XTrtyRA

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Lauren J

Catered By Design not only was the most affordable of our 3 choices, but it was also the only one that could accommodate a plated option at our price point. Nikee is an angel- truly taking on more than we expected. Her and her team take care of everything. We did a fair deal... Read More of DIY and their team went into our storage locker and put everything out for us, perfectly. And the food??? Absolutely amazing. Our wedding guests thought the menu was fun and delicious-a few highlights: mini tacos, sliders, risotto cakes... Everything was top notch. One of my favorite vendors I worked with during my wedding planning process.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Rosalba C

We could not be happier with Catered by Design!!! We got married at the Winnetka Community House in June of 2016 and Catered by Design is their exclusive caterer. Nikee and the entire team were great to work with. Nikee in particular could not be more pleasant to work with.... Read More They were so responsive to our many questions throughout the planning process and gave us great guidance when were making decisions. They truly helped us have the most beautiful wedding and a night to remember! A month later and our guests are still talking about the great food, amazing venue, and overall experience. I highly recommend them! .

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Shannon Z

So impressed with Catered by Design! They take care of everything from the silverware to the meals. The food is delicious and the service is impeccable. We worked primarily with Nikee and she could not have been more helpful, accommodating and professional. The day came together... Read More beautifully and everyone raved about the food. I would highly recommend Catered by Design to any bride :)

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Samantha B

Sam and his team were incredible throughout the entire planning process. As soon as we completed the tasting, we knew our wedding food was going to blow our guests away. They listened to our wishes and help create a menu that was perfectly catered to us (no pun intended). Now,... Read More months later, we still talk about how delicious all the food was! Catered By Design was a pleasure to work with and did fabulous work. It's a win-win!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Samantha B

Sam and his team are incredible. They made our special day so perfect. And the food was outstanding. We still talk about how delicious everything was!