Cuisine

Vegetarian

Food + Catering

11095 East 45th Avenue, Denver, CO (303) 781-5335

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Eula W

Catering by design Catering by Design- from the beginning until the end their service was amazing. They were so accommodating of dietary restrictions from gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and vegetarian. They provided the most value of the caterers I spoke to and were extremely... Read More flexible and helpful. All of our guests loved the food and I would recommend them 10x over.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Mary C

CBD was wonderful!! From the minute we walked into our tasting to the end of our Wedding they continued to impress. Our guests raved about the food & the service was great. Easy to work with and very responsive. Hannah was our contact and she was just amazing!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Amanda G

Ching, Kelsey, and the rest of the CBD team was amazing to work with. Incredibly responsive, easy to work with, and professional. The service at our wedding was impeccable and the food was delicious. We even had an awesome s'm0res bar and donut wall which was so fun! Our guests... Read More loved the experience. Highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Lori L

As the mother of the bride I can tell you that Catering by Design, Raegan Brown, knocked it out of the park when it came to planning & managing our wedding appetizers/cocktail hour through what was hands down the best dinner we've had at a wedding. So so many people came up to... Read More us & commented on the quality of the food - we plated chicken and beef together with sides, and each plate was served hot, cooked to perfection, every bite more delicious than the previous! Raegan also noticed when we began to run low on wine, and she immediately went to work & found a vendor that could supplement our order, and worked with the staff at Planet Bluegrass to get the additional wine to the venue never missing a "glass"! No one was hungry or thirsty!!! Thank you Raegan! Catering by Design worked with Heather from Calluna to decorate the tables with the appointments we had provided earlier in the day, creating a most beautiful wedding day/evening. Catering by Design proved to be professional, courteous, exceptional value, every bite they served was delicious.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Allie G

I can't say enough about how amazing Catering By Design was to work with - especially Ching. From our initial meeting Ching listened to me, helped guide me in all of my ideas and laughed at my bridezilla references. Ching turned our wedding into all that it was. On top of... Read More amazing catering, she created the perfect floor plan for us and set us up with great rentals through their design team. If I am ever in a position to host a large party again, Catering By Design will definitely be the very first vendor I contact!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Nicole T

I can't express enough how amazing the food was from CBD. We had guests come up to us throughout the wedding, from hors d'oeuvres, to dinner, to dessert telling us how wonderful the food was. It was easily the best wedding food we have ever had, and our guests agreed! Further,... Read More the process of working with them was incredible. They made us a sample meal for our tasting, which was a total custom menu, and then made adjustments however we wanted. Their staff was friendly and efficient, and they made special effort to make sure that my husband and I got food! The value of their services was incredible, they were well within budget for an amazing experience!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Elizabeth W

Catering by Design surpassed our expectations, and I would highly recommend them. They catered our wedding, and helped us to create a customized, Italian style menu that was absolutely amazing (and Italians are a hard group to impress). There is always a concern that the food... Read More will taste different when prepared in large quantities than what you tasted initially, but it was just as good as we remembered. I even had numerous friends and family members tell me that we had the best wedding food they had ever had! We worked with Ching, who was so kind, attentive and professional throughout the planning phases and Ching and her team executed a flawless event for us. We couldn't have been happier.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Brianna S

The Catering by Design team and Pablo were fantastic to work with. From menu options, to place settings, to walk throughs and finally to the big day, the staff was wonderful. They helped create our vision for our wedding day and the event went beautifully. We highly recommend... Read More CBD if you are in need of a caterer for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Nicole M

If you're looking for a catering or decor, stop your search right here. CBD was literally my favorite vendor to work with. Brittany and Kesley were PHENOMENAL! I honestly can't sing their praises enough. We used CBD for catering and decorand honestly, we got so many rave reviews... Read More from our wedding guests about not only how delicious the food was, but how gorgeous it was set up - which isn't always the case with a buffet set up, but they made sure every last detail was on point. They brought our vision to life in the most outstanding way! They even ran out the day of to buy us bags for our trail mix bar after my poor mother forgot them at the hotel. Talk about customer service. These ladies literally took all my worries away! Amazing food, amazing service, HIRE THEM!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Audrey P

From start to finish, Catering by Design was the most professional, supportive and creative catering service we could've asked for. Jon and his staff made our dreams come alive by consistently presenting us with creative ideas that were representative of both our cultural and... Read More geographic backgrounds (New Orleans and Colorado. When we went in for our initial tasting, the staff had a beautiful layout for us with delicious food and our favorite New Orleans drink, a hurricane. The wedding day was flawless. The food presentation was unique and clean. The staff made signs for each food station we had and the staff was extremely friendly. Everyone reported how great the food was, especially the deviled eggs, trout cake, and milkshakes.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Morgan M

Our experience with Catering By Design was quite the mixed bag, but I would never work with them again or recommend them. We did quite a bit of shopping around for our wedding caterer and had narrowed it down to CBD and one other, both of which had great food at our tasting. CBD... Read More was more expensive, at the top of our price range, but we were so impressed with the coordinator we met with, Ching, that we decided to go with them. She was extremely professional, knew our venue very well, and seemed eager to work with us. We were planning our wedding long distance and she was very proactive, asking to reach out to other vendors for us and thinking of creative ideas for the wedding. We signed the contract and went back and forth with Ching over email a few times before we were very confusingly passed off to a different coordinator via email who I'm not going to name. We never got an explanation as to why, but I assume she had a schedule conflict. Things went down hill very fast. Our new coordinator was not familiar with the venue at all, was not engaged in our event, and lacked attention to detail. He constantly made assumptions about what we wanted instead of consulting us, which meant I felt like I had to micromanage him. I hated this because being a long distance made it extremely difficult to keep all of the other details together on top of being on him about every small thing. One major issue was she he placed an event rental order without consulting me about anything (type of glasses for the signature drink, size of cake tables, and so on). He ordered a bunch of tables THAT OUR VENUE PROVIDES FOR NO COST, which if I hadn't caught we would have paid hundreds of extra dollars for. This is completely unacceptable as our venue was very upfront about the tables and chairs available. He was able to change this a few other things on the order but he never apologized and I felt his email response was snippy and unprofessional. Skip to the day of: We had a very limited amount of time to set up so we recruited lots of friends and family to help with decorations. We discussed the order of set up in great detail prior to the event with everyone, including the caterer. CBD was well aware they were supposed to get to the venue and set up chairs and tables first thing WHICH THEY NEVER ENDED UP DOING. I was getting ready so I'm not sure what happened or where the confusion was, but our friends and family had to set up the tables and chairs in addition to decorations creating a hugely stressful situation AND DELAYING THE START OF THE WEDDING. Our coordinator was never to be found and was of no use during the chaos. The food itself was good and wait staff/ bartenders were great during the event but it didn't make up for the rest. I'm still so disappointed and wish we had gone with the less expensive option. I would not recommend this vendor unless you can work with Ching.

2016-09-02T16:22:32 Response from the vendor

I am so appreciative of the time you shared with me to discuss the details of your wedding and that we were able to take care of you at the end of our conversation. Our company’s values and goals are based on keeping our promises... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Lauren R

The staff was very easy to work with and was very helpful. Although we will not be using them for our wedding, we will be recommending them and looking to use them at other events.

Cannot say enough good things!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Katie D

I was adamant about our catering budget but when we had our tasting with Catering by Design, all bets were off. The professionalism and friendliness(particularly of Raegan) coupled with ridiculously amazing food made our decision easy. The actual cost of the food was similar to... Read More other vendors despite the far superior taste and flavor but they service cost was definitely higher than others. While at first, this made us unsure, the night of the wedding took away any concerns. Things went off without a hitch, guests commented on the food and the service, the groom and I felt very well taken care of (special plates of appetizers, etc. to ensure we ate) plus they packaged up leftovers and even brought small plates of leftovers to our room in case we were hungry! Friends are still talking about the appetizers in particular which makes us so happy. Catering by Design worked with US to make a menu versus selecting from a set of items a caterer offers so we were able to have a completely unique menu to represent us! Can't rave enough about this company!!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Tom M

YUM! Yum yum yum! The food was delicious. The apps were great and plentiful, the salads were fresh and crisp, and the main courses were perfectly cooked (which isn’t easy to do with fish). They also provided kids meals and half price vendor meals. Brittany and Ching were... Read More easy to work with and quick to take our feedback into consideration and change things big or small – the amount of appetizers per guest, the flavor of the late night milkshakes, or the garnishes on the salad. Clearly this company knows what they are doing. Brittany even went as far as helping us decide on linens and table settings (as we weren’t the best at making decisions). On the day of, they showed up early and did everything they needed to in the background. I hardly noticed they were there and the guests were very complimentary on the food.

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Chase C

We used them for our wedding and were disappointed. When we arrived at the event and sat down for dinner, no one from the catering staff got our food/plates after salad. This was something we were told would happen so we didn’t have to just sit there waiting, or do it ourselves.... Read More We also were never brought slices of cake, which seemed like only a 2 second job. We also had requested that some food and cake be packed up for us that night so we could take it with us, and that didn’t happen at all. Additionally, the food had much less flavor than it did at the tasting. I expect some small difference between the tasting and a large customer group to serve, but I also know we paid a lot of money to know what food to expect; After spending that much money, we were disappointed in the service.

Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Amanda M

This is such an amazing catering company. Ask any vendor in the Denver area and they will tell you Catering by Design is one of the best in the industry. The presentation is breathtaking, even on parties of 80. The food is wonderful; we had a dual entrée of stuffed chicken... Read More and steak with soup, salad, two sides and a desert table all of that for just under $100 per person was well worth it. The very best thing about this company is the customer service. Upper management and sales reps, especially Stuart Holden, are the most wonderful people to do business with. They were always courteous, prompt, and helpful. Catering by Design managed my contract with the event rentals too, which was just one less thing to worry about. During the event, I vastly underestimated the lighting in the garden and Stuart and his team very quickly saved me from utter embarrassment- this was above and beyond what they are required to do. That is what you get with Catering by Design- Above and Beyond.

Good Caterer

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Brooke P

Catering by design did a fine job at our wedding. We had guests compliment the food, and we were quite pleased with service. There were a few hiccoughs and concerns along the way, but overall, they did a good job. We would use them again.

Awsome!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Erika R

catering by design was accommodating and had delicious food to try at the tasting. The staff was friendly as well as understanding. They even stored 2000 of grandmas cookies and set them up on my wedding day! Kudos Catering by Design!

Impeccable Service

Reviewed on 1/08/2014 Megan G

We had met with quite a few other caterers in our area before deciding on Catering By Design. The real selling point is the service. You may pay a little more for the additional staffing (recommended more than any other proposal we received) but 100% worth it. They were... Read More speedy, kind, and attentive to detail. The only issue we had was a missed note from our final tasting so a certain component did not make the plates on the day of our wedding. The did contact us after the wedding though to make up for the error, taking complete responsibility. I would absolutely work with them again - the food was great, the service outstanding. Not to mention our guests loved everything from cocktail hour to the main course!

Great food and service

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Samantha T

We only had 3 weeks to find a new caterer after having to switch venues due to the Boulder floods. Catering By Design was really helpful in getting the process rolling quickly and developing an awesome menu that fit with our vision. The tasting was a lot of fun and the food was... Read More delicious. Stuart was so nice, and worked with us on figuring out all the details, ordering the alcohol and rentals. I gave Stuart photos and descriptions on how to decorate all the tables, and was so relieved that they could do it all and I could focus on getting married. The staff was friendly and brought the groom and I drinks, appetizers, and dinner so that we wouldn't have to go through the lines. All our guests loved the food! Catering By Design helped make the whole day go very smoothly. I recommend them very highly.

Absolutely Wonderful! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Juliet E

We used Catering by Design for our 10/12/13 wedding in Fort Collins, CO, and we couldn't be happier with their services! Emily was wonderful to work with and the chef created very unique, beautiful, and tasty meals that all of our guests loved. We are still getting complements... Read More on how wonderful the food was at our wedding. CBD was very accommodating for our tastings, too. We had originally booked with a local Fort Collins caterer, but, after our tasting, we were very disappointed. We were about 10 months out from the wedding, but wanted to find a better company ASAP. Our wedding planner contacted CBD and they were able to squeeze us in for a tasting last minute on a very busy weekend for them! The food was fantastic and we immediately booked them. We were looking for unique, yet comforting dishes that were also presented beautifully and that is exactly what they delivered. They even allowed us a second tasting once we finalized our menu. We also had a special guest with a special diet and they were more than willing to accommodate her needs! When the wedding day came, we thought the food tasted even better than it had for the tasting! Their wait staff was very professional and organized as well and we received many compliments about them as well! Thank you for the wonderful experience, CBD! We wish you the best.

Amazing food and service!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Cassie J

I cannot give enough thanks to Catering by Design, especially Jeff, who made our day run very smooth. He was easy to get contact throughout the entire planning process, very timely with emails and responses. He also gave great advise, since he was so familiar with the venue... Read More (Denver Botanic Gardens). The food was also amazing, I have had a lot of compliments from many guests!

Food was late but delicious!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Maddie S

I was very upset when the food was an hour late in being ready. However, the food was so good it was hard to be made for long. I would use them again to cater all my events ever.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 7/07/2013 Austyn B

Working with CBD was a great experience from the initial consultation through the reception on the Big Day! Danielle was great to work with and was always available to answer my questions. Not only was working with CBD a great experience, but the food on the Big Day was just as... Read More delicious as the food we tasted at their kitchen 7 months earlier. We have received numerous compliments from our guests about the food, especially the chipotle mashed potatoes and donut bar! Not only was the food delicious, but the catering staff was great. Very professional. I would recommend CBD to any bride.

Amazing Food & Best Servers in Denver!

Reviewed on 6/20/2013 Kimberly T

We had a great experience with Catering by Design for our wedding reception on 5/25/13. Our main priorities for our reception were to make sure that our guests ate delicious food, drank lots of booze and danced their butts off. The rest was unimportant. CBD was responsible for... Read More the first two so we did not make our catering decision lightly. And we have NO regrets! I will cover 3 aspects - food, servers and planning/coordination. The food is by far the best part of the CBD experience - first at the tasting and then at the reception itself, the food did not disappoint. We had passed hors d'ouerves: Asparagus & 3 Cheese Tartlets, Coconut Fried Shrimp, Chipotle Cream Meatballs, Tomato Pesto & Brie Crostinis, and Sesame Seared Ahi Tuna. Our main dishes were a beef tenderloin carving station, lobster mac 'n cheese (delish!!) and a cajun station with shrimp & sausage jambalaya topped with mini fried catfish nuggets. I grew up in New Orleans so it's usually hard to impress me with cajun food, but CBD was amazing! We got endless compliments on the food and it was all topped off with a signature drink for the evening (in addition to our open bar) - a wedding cake martini that came with a white chocolate covered strawberry rolled in cake crumbs! CBD has a variety of menu options to get you started but then they customize each and every detail of the food you want. No one else will have a menu just like yours. The final product is unmatched and your guests will not be disappointed. The service is also the best I've seen at an event. There were no shortage of people supporting us the day of our event - I couldn't believe how many servers were there to make sure our guests didn't go one second without an appetizer or drink. In addition to having such great coverage, the servers are incredibly personable, helpful and HAPPY to be there serving you. Sometimes you think of servers as people who are just doing their job and going through the motions but these people actually enjoy what they are doing and it shows. Not one server walked by me without stopping me to genuinely express their best wishes which I thought was such a sweet and personal touch coming from people who had never even met us before! Our head bartender never let our drinks get empty (she would chase us around the floor to bring a full one!) and they made sure that our guests didn't miss out on any of the dishes. Our coordinator, Emily, was very thorough and definitely stayed on top of things for us since we planned the whole thing in 60 days. We couldn't have done it without her. She knew that the food was going to be the most important part of our evening so she took care to really listen to what we wanted and customize our menu as necessary. While they do itemize everything on their proposals - which I didn't like because it made me obsess over little details (like how much forks cost to rent) that I wouldn't normally obsess over - some people may enjoy that level of transparency. CBD is definitely not the least expensive caterer in town - if you are looking for cheap, this is not your vendor. However, if you are looking for the PREMIER vendor in Denver who will make your menu the highlight of your wedding, this is the only place to go. We have no regrets - it was worth every penny. Our guests were wow'd and so were we.