Austin's Top Full-Service Wedding Caterer

Full-Service wedding caterer offering over 30+ different Menus, 30+ Horderves, Desserts, Bar Services. We also provide Linens, China Plate Settings, and Tables and Chairs. We work with all the premier wedding venues in the Austin area. Serving the Austin area for over 50 years. 512-365-8962

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Kosher, Vegetarian

Servers, Food + Catering

401 Congress Ave., Serving Greater Austin, TX Serving the Austin area (512) 365-8962

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mario A

With all the different vendors and suppliers Catering by Mopsie was hands down the most professional, easiest to communicate with & best value for our wedding! The sales manager, Amy, was Amazing. She held our hand through every detail, she was the most responsive to every... Read More email or phone call compared our other vendors.. She gave me all of my options and helped me choose what was best. The staff was professional, attentive and very courteous. The BBQ I think is the best in Texas!!!! Without hesitation I would recommend Catering by Mopsie.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jenny A

I was blown away by the awesome food that Catering by Mopsie provided for a recent event. We chose a Fiesta themed menu and the fajitas that they delivered were outstanding! We had many compliments and I will definitely refer them to anyone looking to hire a professional, well... Read More respected Caterer in the Austin area. You will not be disappointed if you go with them for your event!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

Catering by Mopsie catered my daughter's rehearsal dinner & wedding reception. The food was excellent for both events, but more than that, Amy was phenomenal to work with. She made the entire process so easy. I can't imagine a better catering experience.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Shannon H

Mopsies was the best vendor choice we made for our hill country wedding. The food was phenomonal - and we all know that is the most important thing at a wedding! We chose to have their award winning bbq and we absolutely can see why it is award winning. The sides we had were... Read More also great, and the wait staff was very timely and helpful with requests. Amy was very helpful throughout the entire process - she made sure everything was just the way I wanted even down the the day before the wedding. When I know most vendors would have just laughed and ignored my requests, she helped me with it all! Mopsies is amazing, and will continue to be recommended to everyone I know!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Amber D

Absolutely amazing! You can't beat their pricing on food and table settings. We had nothing but compliments on the BBQ. People told us it was some of the best brisket that they've had. The servers were very attentive and helpful to everyone's needs. I would hire them for... Read More any event and highly recommend them for yours. Easy to work with and wonderful service without breaking the bank.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 a a

Mopsie Catering was an amazing catering company to work with for our wedding! They have an extremely large selection of menu options to choose from that will surely fit you and your guest palette preference all with being budget friendly. We selected the BBQ plate for our... Read More wedding, and specifically chose the brisket and smoked turkey which were both very tender and moist and packed with lots of Smokey flavor! We decided to upgrade our sides for only a couple of dollars more which was worth it to us to select macaroni and cheese, rosemary red potatoes, and seasonal sautéed veggies for achieving the ultimate comfort food dining experience for us and our guest. Everyone raved about our food and said it was one of the best meals they had ever eaten at a wedding giving them full bellies and happy hearts! They also cut and served our wedding cake for us. Amy and her team were very professional and attentive to work with throughout the planning process! Definitely attend one of their open house catering experiences to sample their wonderful food selection which will help you choose what you would like to serve at your wedding. At the end of the night, they packed up hearty filled to- go- boxes of our catering food and several pieces of our cake which we noshed on for days after our wedding. You can’t go wrong with the BBQ plates and up graded sides for a delicious buffet with Mopsie catering!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Walter M

Catering by Mopsie was amazing for our wedding! Being in the wedding business myself I have attended over a 1000 weddings, and we knew that we had to have them for our own wedding. We got so many compliments on our appetizers, and our bbq entrees.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Nancy H

Catering by Mopsie and Amy Maulding provided a delicious fajita buffet for our annual family reunion. The food quality, service and presentation were outstanding! I would highly recommend them for a stress free, professional experience. They are hands down the best caterer... Read More around and I will be a repeat customer for sure!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Thomas G

Food was absolutely perfect!!! We did a BBQ buffet and it was amazing! Amy is such a joy to work with and is very helpful! The bartenders was amazing as well! We cannot praise them enough!! Just amazing!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Melinda F

Mopsie's catering team is the absolute best. The team was very professional, and took great care of my husband and I. Weddings are so busy, but Mopsie's had two to go boxes prepared for my husband and I along with a cake box with individual hand written notes on each box.... Read More Mopsie's is the absolute best caterers, family and friends are still raving about the delicious food. Thank you for making my wedding reception s beautiful, tasty and elegant event.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Michelle H

We used Mopsie to cater barbeque at our daughter's wedding and it was delicious! The service was excellent and many guests commented how good the food was which can make or break an event. We were very pleased!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016

Catering by Mopsie was an absolute pleasure to work with planning my daughter's wedding reception menu. The entire staff is very professional and proactive in your every need. I heard nothing but excellent comments on the food which was fantastic! The Catering Staff is very... Read More attentive and even brought water out for the entire wedding party while we were outside taking photos in the Texas heat! Can not say enough good things about Catering by Mopsie and anyone planning a wedding should give Catering by Mopsie a call, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Katie I

Mopsies was absolutely amazing. They are some of the most affordable caterers in the Austin area for the quality that you will receive. We had a private tasting with Amy before the wedding, where we received amazing service and were able to sample some of their catering options... Read More to help us decide which menu we wanted to go with. My guests loved the chips and guacamole during cocktail hour, and the fajitas that they served at our wedding were delicious. The service that Mopsies provided us on our wedding day was incredible. Table side service for my husband and I, they set us off with a to go box of food and cake, and they even helped light the sparklers at the end of the night. We would not have picked anyone other than Mopsies to cater our big day! Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Katye H

Mopsie's catered my wedding about a month ago. I'm giving them 3 stars, because up until the wedding day they were great to work with and the food was delicious, but we had some mishaps on the day of... Here's the good: Brisket, chicken, Greens beans, mashed potatoes, fruit,... Read More crackers and cheese.... yum. Tasty food. Dressed nice. Professional food and drink presentation. Quick to respond. Fair pricing. The grumpy: the game plan for the actual wedding day did not go as promised. Let me first say, if we had received a sincere apology and if someone admitted Mopsies dropped the ball on a couple important things, I would have given them 4 stars and been a happy camper. That hasn't happened. Tables that were in the contract and paid for didn't get set up as requested, so there was a lack of comfortable seating for my guests at my reception. It was a big deal to me to have ample seating for my guests and $500 worth of flowers didn't have a place or purpose as a result as well. Other huge ceremony flowers that were supposed to be moved by the catering staff, didn't get moved and wasted as well. Also, the day-of director did not have an accurate record of my guest count. Luckily, my baker and dear friend was on top of it on the day-of, counting guests and taking pictures of everything. We were about 20 people short of what we expected. This is only an issue because Mopsies promised to box up leftover food per guest that was paid for, but my family didn't leave with any of the leftover food. I believe the bulk of miscommunication happened with Mopsies day-of director that I've never spoken to. In my opinion, he should have met us and been at our final coordinating meeting with Amy and the venue, and I don't think our issues would have happened. Honestly, it's the principle of it all... when we followed up with them after my honeymoon, Mopsies responded with stories about cocktail tables that we didn't have and guests that weren't there. It's hard to say if it was all Mopsie's fault or partially the wedding coordinator, but no one is taking responsibility. Moral of the story: if you would like the leftover food that you paid for, ask for it. No one will just give it to you like they make you believe. Also, have someone besides your wedding coordinator and Mopsies watching out for you, counting and making sure all the pieces are put in place as you imagined.

2016-09-29T08:38:40 Response from the vendor

We always strive for excellence with all of our events and this one received the utmost in attention to detail and advance planning. It was advised during planning to the client in our professional opinion to not have more seating than needed relating to food... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Hilary M

We chose Catering by Mopsie for our wedding day. The barbeque was so tender and the staff was so wonderful to work with. Everyone enjoyed the food and there was plenty to go around!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Jocelyn H

When we first started planning our Texas Hill Country wedding, we knew we wanted to serve our out-of-town guests a BBQ buffet. The caveat - I have a handful of family/friends who were vegetarian. Catering By Mopsie was not only delicious (seriously some of the best beans I've... Read More had with my BBQ), they were able to accommodate my guests with a pasta primavera dish, as well as offered numerous appetizer options that were fantastic - and we ordered those blind without tasting! There was plenty of food, and service for the bride/groom were amazing. There was no way we were not eating at our own party! There was a dedicated runner to bring the wedding party appetizers while we were taking photos during cocktail hour, and the bride/groom were served individual platters instead of having to go through the buffet line, which allowed us some much needed alone time to breathe in between the whirlwind of the wedding day. Cannot say enough good things about this company, thank you for a great day!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Lauren L

We could not be more pleased with Catering by Mopsie, who catered our wedding this last Friday. The food and service were incredible, and the entire experience was perfect! We worked with Amy and she was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. We have... Read More received so many compliments about how good the food was, especially the mashed potatoes and chicken marsala. The staff is very professional and on top of it. I never saw an empty glass or plate left anywhere. They have a variety of services: moving chairs from ceremony to reception, bussing tables, taking out trash...the works! I would recommend them for any wedding or event! Amy, thank you to you and your team for making our evening flawless! The food was spectacular and we appreciate all your help with everything not only Friday, but for the last few months. -Lauren and Nathan Friday, May 6, 2016

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

I would - and will - confidently hire Catering by Mopsie for future event needs. We hosted a semi-formal banquet for just over 100 people at the beautiful Texas Hill Country Olive Company in Dripping Springs, and Catering by Mopsie made everything easy and delicious! The wait... Read More staff arrived early and were patient, professional and super helpful during the event set up, going above and beyond to chip in with things like balloon untangling while waiting for banquet tables to be delivered (from another source). The food was excellent and the clean-up was prompt and thorough. Bonus - the pricing was excellent as well. Two thumbs up for Catering by Mopsie!

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Alura T

It was great working with Mopsies for our wedding! We are still getting compliments on the delicious food and the service was amazing. Not once did my husband or I have to think about how the catering was going, it was all taken care of for us! I definitely recommend them if you... Read More are searching for a full service caterer for your wedding!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Jen W

We hired mopsie to cater our 150 person wedding on 4/2. While I did not get to experience the food like a guest did, I DID get to experience the excellent service that Mopsie as a bride. They prepared a generous plate of food for the groom and I and placed it at our tables... Read More before we even sat down. They checked on us throughout the dinner and made sure that we were satisfied. My favorite part was when the head-caterer ran all the way across the street to where we were taking photos to ask what my favorite salad dressing was! At the end of the night, Mopsie boxed us up some dinners and made sure they were in the car to head wherever we were. And last, but not least, I got a vital piece of advice from the one of the servers (bummed I don't remember his name): Before we made our grand exit, he told me "remember to stop a couple of times and kiss each other-- it looks great for pictures!". That was brilliant advice and we did just that. Thank you Mopsie!

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Kristen L

Catering by Mopsie did a wonderful job catering for our March wedding! The entire process was very simple and Amy is wonderful to work with - very friendly and quick to respond to emails. We searched for our wedding caterer for a LONG time and were so grateful to find Catering... Read More by Mopsie - their pricing was the most reasonable we found by a landslide, and we got a lot of bang for our buck! The food was delicious and our guests are still raving about it! (It tasted even better at our wedding than at our tasting). The staff was also very professional and attentive during our reception - they even included a "private butler" to cater to my husband and I to make sure that we ate dinner! Something that's easy to be forgotten during all of the excitement. Overall, we were very pleased with their service and recommend them to anyone needing catering services! Thanks Mopsie!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Amy M

Mopsie provided a BBQ buffet line for our wedding. The food was great and our guests were happy -- very pleased with the service. They had a special running and threw in some bonus services as well (such as appetizers and cake cutting). Keep up the great work!

Awesome

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Julia M

Our catering was excellent. Amy was amazing to work with, everything was easy and on the day of the wedding it was flawless. We had our own personal butler and he climbed all the way to the top of this tower to make sure we got appetizers. So awesome.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

My whole experience with Catering by Mopsie was great. The sales manager, Amy, was kind and clear throughout the entire process. She gave me all of my options and helped me choose what was best. The staff was helpful and professional. And the BBQ-- best in Texas! I'd definitely... Read More recommend Catering by Mopsie to anyone in the greater Austin area.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Liz R

Amy and her whole team were great the entire time we worked with them. She was so helpful deciding what to serve and stay within our budget. BBQ was a given for us and they are great at it! The food was hot and yummy! The turkey we went with was so good. It was not dry at all... Read More like what happens sometimes. We really enjoyed the leftovers that were packed up for us to snack on after the wedding. I enjoyed the food and working with Amy so it was for sure a win for me!