Cuisine

Kosher, Vegetarian

Servers, Food + Catering

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

401 Congress Ave., Serving Greater Austin, TX Serving the Austin area (512) 365-8962

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Stephanie N

Catering by Mopsie is AMAZING and you cannot go wrong with hiring them for your wedding. We did the BBQ buffet and people couldn't stop talking about how great the food was (and that's always a big deal at weddings!). Amy was wonderful to work with. She always kept us in the... Read More loop. We actually were never able to go in for a tasting- my husband and I live out of town and are in the medical field so our schedules are so hectic- but we didn't have one fear of the food not being fantastic. Hire them for your wedding! They won't disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Shereen N

We had the bbq for our 150 person wedding. The food was SO GOOD! Our guests went back for seconds and thirds, and kept praising how delicious the food was. We planned our wedding from a different state, and Amy was very helpful and accommodating.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Christie H

We had a pretty terrible experience with Mopsie. Communication from Mopsie was pretty poor leading to the wedding. While the price was good, the quality was pretty poor. For instance, the appetizers looked tossed on the haphazardly on the platters. We had some sort of problem... Read More with the scallops wrapped in bacon so the caterer brought the scallops back out after unwrapping them from the bacon. We also ordered an ice cream bar and they served the ice cream on plates....strangely neglecting bowls. Guests steered away, fearing dumping ice cream on themselves. All the food delivered to us, the couple, specially was cold and not that tasty. Finally, for some weird reason, they thought we choose not to serve red wine and thus did not have an red wine available. However, rather than focusing on the food, my husband and I were focused on each other and making sure our guests had a good time so it was a blip on our screen. Bottom line, I would not recommend Mopsie if you want to be certain about the quality.

2017-11-08T18:31:11 Response from the vendor

Mrs. Christie Mason Hebert, I am really sorry you were not please with your experience with us. It is very very rare (as you are the worst review we have ever received) to hear complaints. As the owner I always appreciate feedback. While it’s rare... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Dillan P

Catering By Mopsie was not only a breeze to work with, but their barbecue was AMAZING. Every guest commented on how great the food was!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Jonelle F

We did the BBQ buffet (added an additional meat and substituted the potato salad for potatoes) and it was OUTSTANDING. Our guests absolutely loved every part of the buffet. Amy was a pleasure to work with. I would recommend Mopsie for any catering needs!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Mehran M

Simply the best choice I made for our wedding. Food was great, and their staff were amazing. When a little rain started to fall between the ceremony and reception, Mopsie staff went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that everything goes well. I don't think I have... Read More worked with any better vendor ever in my life.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Chelsea J

Yummy barbecue, but exceptional service! CBM sets you up with a private dining experience in the bridal suite (so you can actually eat) plus to-go boxes. I'll be dreaming of more of that turkey for a while! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Shannon H

Mopsies was the best vendor choice we made for our hill country wedding. The food was phenomonal - and we all know that is the most important thing at a wedding! We chose to have their award winning bbq and we absolutely can see why it is award winning. The sides we had were... Read More also great, and the wait staff was very timely and helpful with requests. Amy was very helpful throughout the entire process - she made sure everything was just the way I wanted even down the the day before the wedding. When I know most vendors would have just laughed and ignored my requests, she helped me with it all! Mopsies is amazing, and will continue to be recommended to everyone I know!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Amber D

Absolutely amazing! You can't beat their pricing on food and table settings. We had nothing but compliments on the BBQ. People told us it was some of the best brisket that they've had. The servers were very attentive and helpful to everyone's needs. I would hire them for... Read More any event and highly recommend them for yours. Easy to work with and wonderful service without breaking the bank.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 a a

Mopsie Catering was an amazing catering company to work with for our wedding! They have an extremely large selection of menu options to choose from that will surely fit you and your guest palette preference all with being budget friendly. We selected the BBQ plate for our... Read More wedding, and specifically chose the brisket and smoked turkey which were both very tender and moist and packed with lots of Smokey flavor! We decided to upgrade our sides for only a couple of dollars more which was worth it to us to select macaroni and cheese, rosemary red potatoes, and seasonal sautéed veggies for achieving the ultimate comfort food dining experience for us and our guest. Everyone raved about our food and said it was one of the best meals they had ever eaten at a wedding giving them full bellies and happy hearts! They also cut and served our wedding cake for us. Amy and her team were very professional and attentive to work with throughout the planning process! Definitely attend one of their open house catering experiences to sample their wonderful food selection which will help you choose what you would like to serve at your wedding. At the end of the night, they packed up hearty filled to- go- boxes of our catering food and several pieces of our cake which we noshed on for days after our wedding. You can’t go wrong with the BBQ plates and up graded sides for a delicious buffet with Mopsie catering!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Walter M

Catering by Mopsie was amazing for our wedding! Being in the wedding business myself I have attended over a 1000 weddings, and we knew that we had to have them for our own wedding. We got so many compliments on our appetizers, and our bbq entrees.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mario A

With all the different vendors and suppliers Catering by Mopsie was hands down the most professional, easiest to communicate with & best value for our wedding! The sales manager, Amy, was Amazing. She held our hand through every detail, she was the most responsive to every... Read More email or phone call compared our other vendors.. She gave me all of my options and helped me choose what was best. The staff was professional, attentive and very courteous. The BBQ I think is the best in Texas!!!! Without hesitation I would recommend Catering by Mopsie.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jenny A

I was blown away by the awesome food that Catering by Mopsie provided for a recent event. We chose a Fiesta themed menu and the fajitas that they delivered were outstanding! We had many compliments and I will definitely refer them to anyone looking to hire a professional, well... Read More respected Caterer in the Austin area. You will not be disappointed if you go with them for your event!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Nancy H

Catering by Mopsie and Amy Maulding provided a delicious fajita buffet for our annual family reunion. The food quality, service and presentation were outstanding! I would highly recommend them for a stress free, professional experience. They are hands down the best caterer... Read More around and I will be a repeat customer for sure!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Thomas G

Food was absolutely perfect!!! We did a BBQ buffet and it was amazing! Amy is such a joy to work with and is very helpful! The bartenders was amazing as well! We cannot praise them enough!! Just amazing!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Melinda F

Mopsie's catering team is the absolute best. The team was very professional, and took great care of my husband and I. Weddings are so busy, but Mopsie's had two to go boxes prepared for my husband and I along with a cake box with individual hand written notes on each box.... Read More Mopsie's is the absolute best caterers, family and friends are still raving about the delicious food. Thank you for making my wedding reception s beautiful, tasty and elegant event.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Michelle H

We used Mopsie to cater barbeque at our daughter's wedding and it was delicious! The service was excellent and many guests commented how good the food was which can make or break an event. We were very pleased!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016

Catering by Mopsie was an absolute pleasure to work with planning my daughter's wedding reception menu. The entire staff is very professional and proactive in your every need. I heard nothing but excellent comments on the food which was fantastic! The Catering Staff is very... Read More attentive and even brought water out for the entire wedding party while we were outside taking photos in the Texas heat! Can not say enough good things about Catering by Mopsie and anyone planning a wedding should give Catering by Mopsie a call, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Katie I

Mopsies was absolutely amazing. They are some of the most affordable caterers in the Austin area for the quality that you will receive. We had a private tasting with Amy before the wedding, where we received amazing service and were able to sample some of their catering options... Read More to help us decide which menu we wanted to go with. My guests loved the chips and guacamole during cocktail hour, and the fajitas that they served at our wedding were delicious. The service that Mopsies provided us on our wedding day was incredible. Table side service for my husband and I, they set us off with a to go box of food and cake, and they even helped light the sparklers at the end of the night. We would not have picked anyone other than Mopsies to cater our big day! Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Katye H

Mopsie's catered my wedding about a month ago. I'm giving them 3 stars, because up until the wedding day they were great to work with and the food was delicious, but we had some mishaps on the day of... Here's the good: Brisket, chicken, Greens beans, mashed potatoes, fruit,... Read More crackers and cheese.... yum. Tasty food. Dressed nice. Professional food and drink presentation. Quick to respond. Fair pricing. The grumpy: the game plan for the actual wedding day did not go as promised. Let me first say, if we had received a sincere apology and if someone admitted Mopsies dropped the ball on a couple important things, I would have given them 4 stars and been a happy camper. That hasn't happened. Tables that were in the contract and paid for didn't get set up as requested, so there was a lack of comfortable seating for my guests at my reception. It was a big deal to me to have ample seating for my guests and $500 worth of flowers didn't have a place or purpose as a result as well. Other huge ceremony flowers that were supposed to be moved by the catering staff, didn't get moved and wasted as well. Also, the day-of director did not have an accurate record of my guest count. Luckily, my baker and dear friend was on top of it on the day-of, counting guests and taking pictures of everything. We were about 20 people short of what we expected. This is only an issue because Mopsies promised to box up leftover food per guest that was paid for, but my family didn't leave with any of the leftover food. I believe the bulk of miscommunication happened with Mopsies day-of director that I've never spoken to. In my opinion, he should have met us and been at our final coordinating meeting with Amy and the venue, and I don't think our issues would have happened. Honestly, it's the principle of it all... when we followed up with them after my honeymoon, Mopsies responded with stories about cocktail tables that we didn't have and guests that weren't there. It's hard to say if it was all Mopsie's fault or partially the wedding coordinator, but no one is taking responsibility. Moral of the story: if you would like the leftover food that you paid for, ask for it. No one will just give it to you like they make you believe. Also, have someone besides your wedding coordinator and Mopsies watching out for you, counting and making sure all the pieces are put in place as you imagined.

2016-09-29T08:38:40 Response from the vendor

We always strive for excellence with all of our events and this one received the utmost in attention to detail and advance planning. It was advised during planning to the client in our professional opinion to not have more seating than needed relating to food... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

Catering by Mopsie catered my daughter's rehearsal dinner & wedding reception. The food was excellent for both events, but more than that, Amy was phenomenal to work with. She made the entire process so easy. I can't imagine a better catering experience.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Hilary M

We chose Catering by Mopsie for our wedding day. The barbeque was so tender and the staff was so wonderful to work with. Everyone enjoyed the food and there was plenty to go around!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Jocelyn H

When we first started planning our Texas Hill Country wedding, we knew we wanted to serve our out-of-town guests a BBQ buffet. The caveat - I have a handful of family/friends who were vegetarian. Catering By Mopsie was not only delicious (seriously some of the best beans I've... Read More had with my BBQ), they were able to accommodate my guests with a pasta primavera dish, as well as offered numerous appetizer options that were fantastic - and we ordered those blind without tasting! There was plenty of food, and service for the bride/groom were amazing. There was no way we were not eating at our own party! There was a dedicated runner to bring the wedding party appetizers while we were taking photos during cocktail hour, and the bride/groom were served individual platters instead of having to go through the buffet line, which allowed us some much needed alone time to breathe in between the whirlwind of the wedding day. Cannot say enough good things about this company, thank you for a great day!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Lauren L

We could not be more pleased with Catering by Mopsie, who catered our wedding this last Friday. The food and service were incredible, and the entire experience was perfect! We worked with Amy and she was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. We have... Read More received so many compliments about how good the food was, especially the mashed potatoes and chicken marsala. The staff is very professional and on top of it. I never saw an empty glass or plate left anywhere. They have a variety of services: moving chairs from ceremony to reception, bussing tables, taking out trash...the works! I would recommend them for any wedding or event! Amy, thank you to you and your team for making our evening flawless! The food was spectacular and we appreciate all your help with everything not only Friday, but for the last few months. -Lauren and Nathan Friday, May 6, 2016

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

I would - and will - confidently hire Catering by Mopsie for future event needs. We hosted a semi-formal banquet for just over 100 people at the beautiful Texas Hill Country Olive Company in Dripping Springs, and Catering by Mopsie made everything easy and delicious! The wait... Read More staff arrived early and were patient, professional and super helpful during the event set up, going above and beyond to chip in with things like balloon untangling while waiting for banquet tables to be delivered (from another source). The food was excellent and the clean-up was prompt and thorough. Bonus - the pricing was excellent as well. Two thumbs up for Catering by Mopsie!