Affairs to remember

When you hire Catering by Scott “Affairs to Remember,” you are investing in a higher level of confidence and our specialized attention to detail. We are here to take all the anxiety out of planning and organizing your affair, so that you can sit back, relax and enjoy yourself.

Southwestern, American, Greek, Italian, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Seafood

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

2980 East Broad Street, Columbus, OH (614) 236-1951

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Hillary C

So thankful we found Scott! He made the day perfect! Scott & his team took care of every detail that I didn't even think about- I just showed up and the reception was perfect! The food was exceptional and the service was top notch. So many guests said "best wedding food ever".... Read More Through this process Scott was not only our wedding caterer but became part of our family! We love you Uncle Scott!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Stephanie O

Let me start off by saying our day was beyond our wildest dreams because of Scott and his wonderful family and team!! Needless to say we were very excited about our engagement but at the same time nervous about all of the planning and details that come along with a wedding. When... Read More we left our first meeting with Scott our minds were at ease and we knew he was the one we would go with. We walked out of the restaurant smiling from ear to ear! All of his reviews say he treats the bride like a daughter and that is 100% FACT!!! He is so much more than a caterer. He helped us find a venue that matched what we were looking for, he helped with decor and had fantastic advice throughout the process. You do not need a wedding coordinator if you choose to work with Scott...he takes on that role! When our limo arrived at the reception we got out and wondered what to do next then he appeared and gave direction to my bridal party then took my husband and I to a separate area to have champagne and apps. This was amazing considering you do not get much time to yourselves on your special day! He even helped with my hair clip (he has daughters haha) When it comes to the food he knocked our guest's socks off. Compliments regarding dinner have been nonstop!! He does a family style setup which cuts back on the time it takes for everyone to get served. It probably took less than 10 minutes for every single table to have their hot full customized meal in front of them! He told us when we were creating the menu that he could do anything we wanted and he did! We had brisket, chicken piccata, Scott's famous mashed potatoes (Oh. My. Goodness.), five cheese macaroni with homemade noodles (and he added bacon and chives on the tables as a mini bar request), and asparagus. Our hourdourves included a huge veggie, cheese cracker and olive display plus the servers walked around with his award winning tomato basil soup shooters and grilled cheese (amazing!). HE NOT ONLY DOES DINNER HE WILL MAKE YOU A FABULOUS CAKE AND DESSERT BAR!!!! This was huge to us to streamline the process and cut back on vendors. His cakes and desserts are phenomenal and after you try them you will not want to use a cake vendor. His daughter made us homemade flavored marshmallows and he setup a smores bar!!! On top of that Scott makes a fruit display with a mound of chocolate covered strawberries in the middle. Where else can you get that?!?! I could go on for days about how fantastic Catering by Scott is. He made it possible to plan a wedding in 4 months flawlessly. We feel like we had the wedding of the century and it was largely because of this man. I encourage anyone to at least have a meeting with him because it could change everything and allow you to be excited rather than stressed! So much love for Scott, his family and his team❤️

Reviewed on 8/11/2017

My wife knew Scott long before I did. He has a restaurant on the East side and she and her co-workers frequent it for lunch. The first time I met him, Scott told me I was the luckiest guy in the world. He has always treated my wife just like a daughter and this is the promise... Read More he made to us when we sat down to come up with a menu. He has a creative approach; he asked us what we would pick if we went out to dinner that night. I told him that I would have ribs, which did not set well with my wife! We are not having ribs for our wedding-no way! Scott, laughed at my wife's response, saying, I think I have the perfect idea for a menu. We had pork tenderlion, brisket, salad, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese...it was very Americana and fit well with the venue, as like some of you, we got married in a barn. He also helped us to find the venue, the Ohio Wildlife Center. He was involved from the get go. He helped to plan and coordinate everything. He was there for our wedding rehearsal, the day of the wedding he even stayed for the ceremony, helping, leading, directing and making sure that his team was on point, which they all were. The staff was professional and attentive. The food was delivered on time, set up promptly, and was hot and cold as appropriate. As an old restaurant employee, I could tell he was really, really good at this, because you notice the little details and can appreciate the level of difficulty required in coordinating and executing a menu for that many people. The cupcakes were delicious, I'm told, lol, because they weren't intended for us. We got a ton of compliments on them from our friends and family. They disappeared almost as quickly as they were laid out on the display. Our wedding cake was simple and elegant in presentation, and it was amazing. It was a lemon-raspberry cake that was so good, we ate it for 5 days. I was sad when we had to get rid of the leftovers. It was at the end of the night where the little touches were best illustrated. As we were getting out of our formals and into normal clothes and carrying things out to the car, one of the caterers came up to me with a big bag full of leftovers. This was just for my wife and I and he said, and I will never forget it... "You don't have to eat White Castle tonight!" To which, I laughed, and remembered that the day had gone by so fast that i really hadn't had that much to eat and neither had my wife. Oh, and there were chocolate covered strawberries included which went over very well that night! So, to summarize, if you want someone that will be there from the start, guide you along, make suggestions, help out, deliver on and exceed your expectations, then you need to pick Catering by Scott. He simply took our special day and made it that much better. And if you find yourself out on the east side in the Bexley area, stop in his place for lunch, he'll probably shake your hand, ask you how your day was, hug your wife, make you laugh and treat you like family. Because in the end that's what it's all about.

Reviewed on 2/14/2018 Mindy S

We booked Catering by Scott for our daughter's wedding. We met with Scott and he promised us the moon....then he delivered! Scott and his wonderful staff made the night pretty nearly perfect. Scott is such a pro that he ran our rehearsal and acted as our day-of coordinator,... Read More and everything went flawlessly. He and his staff had to "flip" the venue from the ceremony to the reception and were quick and efficient. Scott is concerned about the details as well as the big picture of the evening. The food was fabulous, and as others have said, many guests commented on how delicious it was... many saying that it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. Scott made his way through the tables checking with guests as to how they were enjoying the food and refilling whatever was needed. He also worked with my daughter to make things fun and different, with grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters and a pie bar for dessert (his daughter makes the pies and...yum!!). I highly recommend Scott and his crew. They're simply wonderful!!

Reviewed on 1/30/2018 Cameron C

Catering by Scott was a part of my wife and I’s wedding which took place just this past Saturday on the 27th. Let me just start out by saying that their service was nothing short of impeccable. Their food and their staff were wonderful, we had the most delicious Roast Beef and... Read More Salmon Filets. My wife and I are so very satisfied with our service. But they didn’t stop there, when we met with Scott to go over final preparations he helped my wife craft the most beautiful Wizard of Oz theme that was very tasteful. They are simply the best catering company around and they are very able to fulfill every wedding/event need. Hopefully someday down the road my wife and I can find another excuse to use their services again! From Mr. and Mrs. Cordell we are very glad we chose Catering by Scott to be a part of our wedding.

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Matthew H

We chose Catering by Scott for the quality of food and their display. We knew that Scott was more expensive from other caterers we had taste tested with but wanted our reception's food quality to be on the higher end. We admired that Scott was eager to work with us and made us... Read More feel very comfortable working with him as a same-sex couple. Scott has great artistic though and top notch food. His daughter's cupcakes are also to die for. He was very accommodating to us being slow on the menu and changing it several times. Everything went smoothly until the day of the wedding. Our wedding planning assistants, guests as well as ourselves were not impressed by the staff. Scott never appeared during the night even though he informed us he would be there at some point. At setup, the staff was reading are highly drawn-out project plan backward. Scott ensured us there would be no problem flipping our venue between wedding and reception but our ushers, photographer and guests all assisted in helping. The food was absolutely amazing. We were told that the appetizers during cocktail hour were very good as well but nobody on the staff brought any to us or the wedding party. The cupcakes for dessert were top notch. We decided to do a late night snack of fajitas. We debated with Scott the quantity to serve and he forced into a number 50 over what we wanted. When we were leaving at the end of the night the fajitas had been barely touched. His staff was eating them at this point and we received no left overs which did not seem right. Finally, we paid for an extra hour of service and this was never refunded to us. We did not hear a follow up from Scott to ask us about our experience which has sat poorly with us since we feedback that he could use to improve the experience for future couples he serves. We do not mean for this review to be negative but that even an experience of a 10 through the process can feel more like a 4 on wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Sarah H

Scotty and his team are incredible. It was no contest once we had a tasting and met with Scott and Gina. From moment one, they treated us like we were their own family-- incredibly warm and kind, and excited to make sure everything was what we would want it to be. Their food is... Read More terrific: My husband is a chef, so we had a pretty good sense of the quality we were looking for-- not only were we impressed, our guests raved. They were super respectful of our modest budget (they are REALLY reasonably priced; one of the best in town, and so much is included in the pricing), and gave lots of good advice based on the many weddings they've done. They know what works. On wedding day, we were blown away by the staff. We have sincerely never been served by kinder, more considerate people. They thought of, and took care of, absolutely everything, with genuine smiles and affection. Stop shopping around for your caterer; meet with Scotty and mark it off of your to-do list! This was one of the best decisions we made.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Mandi H

Scott is truly the best caterer you could ask for your wedding. He went above and beyond for my family and I. Throughout the entire process, Scott was there to give advice on so many aspects of our day and because of his advice, our wedding was perfect. Not only is he a... Read More genuinely nice person, his food is AMAZING. We received so many comments about how the food at our wedding was the best our guests had ever had. We opted for a "family style" meal which was so unique and I'm so glad Scott suggested it. Our family style meal included stuffed chicken, brisket, mashed potatoes and green beans. We didn’t have much time to eat during our wedding but Scott’s staff packed up a big bag of food for my husband and I to take back to the hotel that night – a lifesaver! All of it was so delicious! Scott had so many creative suggestions including passed appetizers that reflected by Jewish heritage – Matzo ball soup shots and mini potato latkes! Our guests raved about the fabulous dessert bar he set up including a s’mores bar! On top Catering by Scott's amazing service and food his staff is top-notch. We can’t thank Scott enough for everything he did to make our day so special. From several planning meetings, to being at our rehearsal, to flawless execution on the day of our wedding, Catering by Scott is THE BEST. We love you Scott!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Molly B

Scott and his staff were truly amazing! They are more than just a catering company. Scott gave us advice that made our wedding that much better! So many people have said this was the best wedding food they have ever had and I agree! He can make whatever you want! John E was part... Read More of the staff for our reception and he was made such a great impression on all of our guests! He was so genuine and happy the whole time it was contagious and we want Scott to know he is an excellent worker and will be someone we will always remember! We can’t say enough great things about Scott and his staff!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Kassie S

My husband and I got married this past July and we absolutely loved working with Scott and his crew! The food he served at our wedding was amazing and all of our guests said how much they loved it and that it was the best wedding food they have ever had! Not only did they do an... Read More awesome job with the food, but through the whole planning process I felt like I was part of his family and that he would do almost anything for us. Even after meeting only one time, we saw him at a wedding show and he immediately remembered us and all the details of what we had spoken about. This very much impressed me because it showed how much he cares about his clients and really does treat each one as if they're the only ones he is working with, which is obviously not the case with how busy he is! My parents came to Columbus multiple times just to eat at his cafe and do some more finishing details of planning! His crew also packaged up leftovers for my husband and I to enjoy after the wedding and we are so happy they did! I highly recommend Scott and know you will have the most amazing experience if you go with him!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Kathi O

Scott is awesome! We loved his food, presentation and special touches. He is high energy and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Catering by Scott.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Courtney S

Catering by Scott providing the final piece to our wedding picture! The food was perfect, the staff was punctual and efficient- plus extremely nice! We have nothing but good words! We highly suggest that if you want to add an unforgettable meal to your wedding, you look to... Read More them!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Karli L

My wife and I were so glad we chose Scott to cater our wedding. Scott was so helpful throughout the whole process of our engagement leading up to our wedding day. He sat down with us, asked a ton of questions, and we were able to create the wedding reception that we always... Read More wanted. The day of the wedding, Scott and his staff made us feel like a king and queen. Literally, everything was taken care of, even packing a to go bag of food we could enjoy before we left for our honeymoon. If you are looking for a personalized, high quality, and dependable caterer, Scott is your man!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017

If you go with Scott you get the whole package. His family and staff were amazing people. Our day was made so special and perfect because of their efforts! Can't thank him enough!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Rachel M

Scott and his family and staff are the best! They were so friendly at all of our planning meetings and their food most importantly is delicious! Scott likes to make sure your meal is personalized so he made a special chicken alfredo dish for my husband and White cupcakes for... Read More me. After the wedding our guests were raving about how good our food was. I highly recommend Catering by Scott whether you're planning a wedding or just need catering for an event! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Kristen L

Scott, William, and their team did a wonderful job of catering our wedding! We received many compliments on the food (especially the brisket and mashed potatoes)! The dessert table was beautiful and detailed-- exactly how I asked! Scott is very nice and wants to make your day... Read More tailored to you! Thanks Catering by Scott!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Sheila O

Job well done! Scott and his staff catered my son and daughter-in-law's wedding which was in the barn on their property. Catering by Scott was fantastic. They arrived while we were all in church and proceeded to set up and help decorate! The food was excellent, Rhonda and... Read More her staff were awesome and the presentation was beautiful. Our previous meetings with Scott were very helpful in our planning. Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Mackenzie L

Scott was the perfect choice for my wedding! He truly means it when he says he will treat each bride like a daughter! He was very attentive when I called, gave me ideas for decor, and even influenced my choice of necklace! (I wasn't going to wear one, but he was totally right).... Read More My main reason for choosing Scott was that immediately I felt that we had developed a personal connection. Even more importantly, the food was fantastic! I had many people tell me it was the best wedding food they had ever had! His staff were all so attentive, professional, friendly, and truly seemed to enjoy every aspect of their job. My wedding went SO smoothly, and I owe that to Scott and his staff.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017

Over the wedding weekend we had 5 separate events catered by Scott. All 5(2 dinners, 2 brunches and an afternoon open house lunch) were beautifully presented, staffed by courteous, friendly well-trained professionals and most importantly the food was delicious with generous... Read More portions for all. We look forward to calling him again soon.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Lisa D

I just had Catering by Scott cater my kids graduation party and it was PERFECT! We had so many compliments on how wonderful the food was. I would highly recommend Scott and his staff was fabulous too. They are awesome and I will definitely use them again for future needs! Thank... Read More you for making our grad party so wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 erin s

can't say enough good things about our experience with Scott and his staff. not only was the food amazing but the above and beyond service that Scott provided was an added bonus. we definitely felt like he was totally committed to making our wedding day the best it could be.... Read More I could go on and on but I will end by saying you will be in great hands if you choose Catering by Scott

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Leslie S

We cannot say enough about the wonderful services that Scott provides. He is beyond amazing. From the wonderful food to his amazing staff to his attention to all details of the entire reception, Scott is the best in Columbus and beyond! I am the mother of the bride and Scott... Read More made my daughter's wedding reception the most wonderful of any I have ever attended. Scott and his family will treat you as members of their family!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Rosemary A

Scott is over the top awesome! He wants you to have the best experience you could possibly have for your event. He catered my son's wedding this past weekend for over 300 guests, and the responses I got were"The Food was Excellent", "I went back for seconds". That is exactly... Read More what you want to hear when you are feeding that many guests. He took care of ALL the details so my husband and I could enjoy our family and friends. His staff was very polite and efficient in serving that many people through the buffet line, like clock-work. They were attentive to our every need and desire, and the bar tenders definitely knew how to handle a crowd of guests ready to celebrate! Great job Scott and crew!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Baylie C

Scott catered my wedding in December. I was blow away by the food, service, and thoughtfulness that Scott incorporated into our day. Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious the food was and how amazing the desserts were! Scott worked with us to make the best... Read More menu and desserts for our wedding! My husband and I picked our favorite desserts and he made them into cupcakes. I would highly recommend catering by Scott. You cannot go wrong. He is so intentional and willing to help. Not to mention, his food is the best from any caterer I have ever had. I will never use another caterer!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Lauren R

Only giving one star because zero isn't an option. I was referred to Scott from a friend who had him as her caterer. Food at her wedding was wonderful I cant deny that. I have tried reaching out to him through email, on the knot and on his own personal website 4 times since... Read More August and have never heard back. I was inquiring about having cupcakes catered for my own wedding because his display at my friends wedding was so nice. If he couldn't do it for whatever reason, he should have at least let me know. This is extremely unprofessional especially from a wedding vendor. There has been no communication and am now looking elsewhere. Save yourself the time and trouble.

Meet The President

Scott Bast

Executive Chef and Director of Special Events, we have been creating special events in central Ohio for over 28 years and have help create of 2000 wonderful wedding receptions for our wonderful brides.