Affairs to remember

When you hire Catering by Scott “Affairs to Remember,” you are investing in a higher level of confidence and our specialized attention to detail. We are here to take all the anxiety out of planning and organizing your affair, so that you can sit back, relax and enjoy yourself.

Cuisine

Southwestern, American, Greek, Italian, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Seafood

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

2980 East Broad Street, Columbus, OH (614) 236-1951

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Tara A

I CAN NOT say enough about Scott and his staff. I honestly don't even know where to begin. From the very start every time I saw Scott he assured me that everything would be just perfect and he would be 100 percent sure of it. He took care of myself, my husband, and my family as... Read More if they were his own. Our wedding was extremely organized and so well put together because of him. His sweet words as I am walking out to marry my husband still tear me up as I think about how he completely treated me as his own daughter through out the entire wedding planning process. Not only that, but his food.. Oh my gosh HIS FOOD! It was unreal. We got so many compliments from every single guest I spoke to about how amazing every bite was. Even the children complimented his cute children's meals he puts together for them! His staff completely took care of me the entire night, checking in with me constantly to be sure everything was perfect, to show me the beautiful cupcake display they put together as dancing began, to make sure I had a drink in my hand and was enjoying myself. I truly can not say enough. Thank you Scott and everyone involved in our wedding. You literally made my dreams come true and I can not thank you enough.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Sarah C

I cannot say enough about Scott and his team at Catering by Scott. I was referred by a high school friend who said how great Scott was and described him as a wedding planner in disguise. Every word was true. From booking our September wedding, to the tasting, rehearsal, and... Read More right down to getting everyone set to walk down the aisle, he and his team were such an integral part of our day! I ran into a number of issues with our venue and Scott was a phone call away and took care of it all. I have to elaborate on this a little: I received a phone call from the venue an hour before our ceremony was scheduled saying there was an issue with our center pieces. Everything had been set up plenty in advance and I was in our hotel room getting into my dress. I was told that one of us needed to come back to the venue to remove the glitter mason jars from each of my tables and wash them out- outside of the building. In total panic mode I called Scott's cell. He could hear I was fighting back tears, told me not to worry about a thing and that was that. I arrived to the venue an hour later to find his staff had gone out and bought all new mason jars (on their own dime) and had them all replaced. What a lifesaver and kind heart. On to the ceremony- Scott and his team really took the reigns and ran the show flawlessly (we had no wedding planner and looking back would have been completely lost when it came to timing/logistics between the ceremony, pictures, introductions, etc.) The food was beyond delicious and we received so many compliments from our guests as well as how great the staff was! They organized our sparkler send off which went off without a hitch and at the end of the night had everything boxed and packed up. My husband and I left with a to-go bag put together for us to enjoy when we got back to the hotel. Again, I can't express how grateful I am to have had Catering by Scott a part of our day. I would recommend to any and all brides a million times over-you will truly be treated like his own daughter.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Colleen M

It'll forever be tough to put into words how thankful my husband, family,, and I are that Catering by Scott catered our wedding- and beyond that- helped make this time in our lives such a special one. At the time we booked our venue- they were the exclusive caterer and sold us... Read More on our first meeting. The overwhelming love Scott has for catering, weddings, and making brides feel as incredible as they should- is indescribable. Scott made my husband and I feel like family upon our first meeting and remained incredibly helpful throughout our planning process. His family and staff did the same each time we called or came in. Scott did a great job helping us prep for our big day by providing us multiple meetings and delicious tastings. He was also a HUGE help during our rehearsal and day of events!! Shawn Poirier was an incredible help as well as he touched base with me often throughout the night and made me feel like the most special, beautiful Bride. Lastly, this wouldn't be a complete review without commenting on the food- it was simply amazing. We had the grilled salmon, basil chicken, and Prime Rib- all were phenomenal and the desserts were the best I have ever had.. also, my cake was beautiful and exactly what I wanted! I wish we could add pictures to this review :) Thank you again for helping us successfully plan the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Rosemary A

Scott is over the top awesome! He wants you to have the best experience you could possibly have for your event. He catered my son's wedding this past weekend for over 300 guests, and the responses I got were"The Food was Excellent", "I went back for seconds". That is exactly... Read More what you want to hear when you are feeding that many guests. He took care of ALL the details so my husband and I could enjoy our family and friends. His staff was very polite and efficient in serving that many people through the buffet line, like clock-work. They were attentive to our every need and desire, and the bar tenders definitely knew how to handle a crowd of guests ready to celebrate! Great job Scott and crew!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Baylie C

Scott catered my wedding in December. I was blow away by the food, service, and thoughtfulness that Scott incorporated into our day. Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious the food was and how amazing the desserts were! Scott worked with us to make the best... Read More menu and desserts for our wedding! My husband and I picked our favorite desserts and he made them into cupcakes. I would highly recommend catering by Scott. You cannot go wrong. He is so intentional and willing to help. Not to mention, his food is the best from any caterer I have ever had. I will never use another caterer!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Lauren R

Only giving one star because zero isn't an option. I was referred to Scott from a friend who had him as her caterer. Food at her wedding was wonderful I cant deny that. I have tried reaching out to him through email, on the knot and on his own personal website 4 times since... Read More August and have never heard back. I was inquiring about having cupcakes catered for my own wedding because his display at my friends wedding was so nice. If he couldn't do it for whatever reason, he should have at least let me know. This is extremely unprofessional especially from a wedding vendor. There has been no communication and am now looking elsewhere. Save yourself the time and trouble.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Casey N

Our wedding day wouldn't have been complete without Scott and his team!! We continue to talk with our family and friends about how great the food was, how it was presented perfectly with our colors, the direction and guidance he provided, and how Scott treated us like we were... Read More two of his own. Scott has continued to stay in contact with us even after our wedding!! From our rehearsal time, and throughout our entire day Scott was there for us. His staff was exceptional and took the time to make sure we had everything we needed. We ran into a few hiccups with our venue and Scott and team were there to support us through the issues. We can't say enough about Scott personally and professionally. He is a caring and thoughtful individual, who knows his stuff, and made sure our day was perfect! We honestly can't say enough about how great Scott and his team are! Thanks Scott for everything!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Gabriella B

If I could describe Scott and his staff in one word it would be Excellence. My husband and I got married the beginning ofOctober. When I was looking for Caterers, I was looking into ones that I knew I could leave everything in their hands and focus on my husband and myself. Im... Read More not one who enjoys being center of attention or party planning, so this wedding was really making me nervous. Once I met Scott, all my nerves vanished. The day of the wedding, couldn't have gone any smoother, he helped my bridesmaids to get organized before walking down the isle, as well as myself. Walking into the Venue he had set up for me, I was at a loss for words, it was spectacular. Im still dreaming about the food, we didn't want to do a buffet or plated so he recommended we do stations and Im so happy we did. We had a pasta station, Mexican stations, Asian Station, salad bar, carving station and even the end of the night he set up a late night burger and hot dog bar. My husband and I are still raving about everything, and so many friends and family member keep texting and calling me about how incredible the entire evening was. If we could do it all over again, we would choose Scott and all of his staff in a heartbeat. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sherine B

Scott and his staff were wonderful during our big day! The food was incredible and we heard that from all of our guests. They even made sure to pack up some to go boxes for my husband and I after the wedding so we could eat it at the hotel! Scott has a ton of experience with... Read More weddings and events, so he will definitely help you if you have any issues or feel like you can't figure something out. My only recommendation is go with your gut! He had a lot of advice to share, but it wasn't always right for us, which is ok. Just remember, it is your day! He can be a little forgetful at times and can digress, but trust that he will deliver wonderful food and make your wedding day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Julie R

Brides stay away from Catering by Scott. We first met Scott at a bridal event in Columbus, Ohio. We were initially very impressed. Unfortunately, we became more and more concerned after multiple emails were sent to help finalize our wedding day. Emails and phone calls went... Read More unanswered. We had to beg him to do a walkthrough at the Bryn Du Mansion. He told us he could only give us 15 minutes. We discussed many things during the walkthrough, none of which translated during the day of the event. The bartender mixed TWO cocktails into one drink, despite there being a menu with the ingredients (it was printed and framed!). They mixed together strawberry vodka, tequila, pink moscato, margarita mix and lemonade into one drink! Really? It was supposed to be a strawberry lemonade (strawberry vodka, pink moscto and lemonade) and a margarita (tequila and margarita mix). Then one of the staff members stole a alcohol off the head table and one of my bridesmaids caught it. For the food, some of the food was ok, but the green beans were ice cold (disgusting). We had 110 guest at our event and our contract was for 120, but we had no leftover food. This food should have been given to us, as we paid for it. During the reception, Scott’s staff told one of our guest they couldn’t have any food because they already loaded onto the truck. How incredibly rude. They nearly 1 hour late to our event, which means we paid for services for an hour. They did not set up any tables (this was in the contract) and none of the cocktail tables were set up for cocktail hour, our groomsmen had to move them after the wedding ceremony. The cocktail hour was supposed to be on the front lawn and the staff set it up inside the house. Basically, none of the instructions I gave to Scott via email and during our walkthrough actually happened. This company is terrible and I would absolutely never recommend any Bride hiring them. Catering by Scott is a huge disappointment!! Do not use them!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Olga B

After leaving my first tasting with Scott, I was sure I was set with the perfect caterer. Boy, I was wrong. Scott promises his brides the world, he says he treats them "like their his own daughters" but then as time goes on, you realize that he's just saying those things. The... Read More food I had at his restaurant as a taste-test was nothing like the food on the day of my wedding - my wedding food was dry and bland. I tried to get ahold of him multiple times to discuss day-of plans, but he was busy, unavailable or just somewhat inattentive on the phone. I decided to spend more on him and his services because I had read such glowing reviews on theknot, and now feel totally ripped off because I could've easily had a buffet that would've tasted a million times better. Scott's waitstaff was kind, but didn't refill anyone's water glasses throughout dinner (I ended up having to just steal from my bridesmaids). The set up of the cake was not as discussed. And then the other thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was that he said that "unlike other caterers, what you see is what you get", meaning that everything in his budget proposal was all-inclusive. We asked him numerous times if there would be any other costs for ice, food, etc. He said no. Then after the wedding, we see a $300 extra charge on our credit card - out of nowhere. When we asked him about it, he said that there were more people in attendance at the wedding and eating food than promised. We actually had fewer people show than we projected, so we ended up only having 1 extra person eating on top of our count. He said that he had spoken to "one of our moms" about the added cost and they had okay'ed it. We talked to our wedding coordinator, both our moms - no one had gotten any heads up. When my husband called to get it sorted out, Scott defended his actions saying that we "clearly had more people than we had projected" (again not possible, our venue doesn't even allow over 100), and that he was already paying for more than he promised by having provided us with ice for our drinks (something he promised in earlier conversations that they cover as part of their cost). In the end, when people ask what one thing I would change about my wedding, unfortunately, it would be having Scott cater it. He's a nice guy, but the food didn't match what we first taste-tested, and I think he's sort of ADD - he talks the talk, but when the day of hits - its like he doesn't remember anything you two discussed. When looking through the negative reviews on this blog - I totally agree with them. I really would think twice before picking him. He's a kind man, but didn't live up to expectations.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Bianca W

We booked scott for our rehearsal dinner as well as our wedding day. In the beginning everything went smoothly. He promised anything and everything we wanted. Once it came down to the week prior to the wedding that's when thinks began shifting. Our cake was not what I had asked... Read More for as far as how it was decorated. Not to mention the he said she said game that was played when scott refused to take responsibility for attempting to have my parents have me rearrange our order of events and where his food was to be displayed so it directly benefitted him. The food we tested was brilliant. It was also wonderful at our rehearsal, the day of the wedding the meat was dry and the green beans were made differently than they were at our testing. Be sure to be firm and exceptionally clear on how you want things with scott so you get what you ask for.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Renee R

We got married last weekend. I cannot thank Scott's staff enough. They did such a great job and it is awesome how they help with all the other details. Scott was there to answer any question I had up to the wedding even if it wasn't related to his food. We had so many... Read More compliments on the food from the lamb chop lollipops, macaroni and cheese, chicken piccata, and even the cupcakes. Many people complimented on how much they like Scott as well as he helped us with so much.

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Amy R

I cannot say enough good things about Scott, his catering team, and the food! Scott truly cares for his brides and goes above and beyond to ensure the process of wedding planning is smooth and the day of is perfect. His number one priority is the bride and takes the time to... Read More listen. I am so grateful for Scott and feel blessed to have had him for our wedding this past May. Scott's caterers are incredible. Professional, efficient, personable and so kind!! My entire family was impressed by Scott's staff. My dad, still till this day, talks about the outstanding service. The food! Oh my...absolutely delicious. Our guests raved about the food. They especially enjoyed the beef tips, mashed potatoes, and cupcakes. I highly recommend Scott and his team for any event. Truly expectional.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016

If I were able to give Scott and his catering team MORE than 5 stars, I would! Our wedding could have not have been more beautiful, specifically with the way the food was prepared and presented. We had the most positive feedback from our guests, from the team that was there to... Read More set up tables & linen, to the bartender who welcomed and had made every guest happy with his expertise in bartending! The entire team, from Scott and his lovely wife, to William, who made my groom and I feel like a king and queen at the reception, was outstanding, professional, and most importantly, attentive to our personal needs throughput our wedding planning and event. You will definitely be happy you chose Catering by Scott for your next special event! We love you, Scott~ Natalie and Todd Struttmann

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Brittany S

Our wedding day wouldn't have been complete without Scott and his team!! We continue to talk with our family and friends about how great the food was, how it was presented perfectly with our colors, the direction and guidance he provided, and how Scott treated us like we were... Read More two of his own. From our rehearsal time, and throughout our entire day Scott was there for us. His staff was exceptional and took the time to make sure we had everything we needed. We ran into a few hiccups with our venue and Scott and team were there to support us through the issues. We can't say enough about Scott personally and professionally. He is a caring and thoughtful individual, who knows his stuff, and made sure our day was perfect! Thanks Scott for everything!!

Reviewed on 2/21/2016 Jenna B

We had Catering by Scott Cater our wedding in January 2016. Months earlier, we had visited Scott and heard his sales pitch about how he treats every wedding “Like it is his daughters” and “we do not need a wedding day planner because he takes care of everything.” Fast... Read More forward to the wedding day, and we had previous discussions with Scott and he had said that all linens would be set up so that we could decorate the hall by 11:00AM. We called Scott and he said that the linens had not even left his store yet. He seemed to not remember the conversation we had and multiple emails. We had so many other things going on that day, and this did not allow us to get the hall fully decorated by the time we had to be somewhere else. The mother of the groom, all the groomsmen and multiple family members were there to help set up and this made all of them late for the big day. Another part of the sales pitch was how they do not like to do full wedding cakes. They do a cupcake display that “will be in the front of the hall for everyone to see.” On the actual wedding day, the cupcakes were placed in the back corner of the venue (after we cut the cake) where no one knew where they were. This was nothing like was described. At our wedding we also had 3-4 vegetarian/gluten free guests. We had discussed this before the wedding with Scott, given him the names and table numbers and thought that everything was handled. During the buffet, we notice that the vegetarian guests were going through the line like everyone else and asked one of them if they had gotten a special plate and they said no. As the bride and the groom, we had to ask the caterer if the vegetarian guests were going to get their meals or not and the caterer barely knew what we were talking about. A week after the wedding, we were informed that the mother of the groom also went to the caterer and had to ask for the vegetarian meals. It is ridiculous that the bride, groom, and mother of the groom had to ask for this when it was communicated very clearly beforehand. All of these things added but did not leave a good taste in our mouth. The sales pitch that he treats every wedding he caters like his daughter’s wedding is nonsense because if it was his daughter’s wedding, I highly doubt that the linens would be an hour late, the dessert would be placed where the main venue could not see it, and (most importantly) guests with dietary concerns were not given their meals without being asked numerous times to do so. As a bride it felt like I had to keep going up to members of their staff to figure things out, which I should not have had to do on my big day. Of all the people I worked with on my wedding day (florist, photographer,venue etc.) Catering by Scott is the absolute dead last on our list of those who we were impressed with.

Reviewed on 1/16/2016 Mackenzie L

Scott catered my wedding on 11/13/15 and he did a fantastic job! He made sure every detail of my special day was exactly how I wanted it to be. He really cares that you are happy and not just about the money. All of food was delicious from the caesar salad all the way to the... Read More cupcakes. My guests even raved about how great his servers were. I could not be happier with our decision to choose Scott as our caterer.

Reviewed on 1/04/2016

Scott's team catered our daughter's wedding on October 31st at Via Vecchia Winery for approximately 200 people. We choose the family style option and it was a hit. Everyone got their food at the same time and the accompanying service was top notch. The presentation was... Read More outstanding including the crudité and the cupcakes.. . I had many compliments on the food including the lamp chop pops. I would highly recommend him for any catering needs

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Holly C

Happiest Bride!! Scott is truly an amazing person!! He recently catered our wedding at via vecchia and my husband and I cannot say enough about him. He was so easy to reach and would always greet me with a hug and a smile. As you all know the planning process can be very... Read More stressful and vendors are not always this welcoming! He would always calm my nerves and treat us like family. His food is also so delicious! Our guests have continued to talk about how yummy it was. I would highly recommend Scott for any event! We are forever grateful for him:)

Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Kylie H

After being at plenty of weddings with lackluster food, I was proud to have Scott's catering at my wedding. I was married at via Vecchia and met Scott right away after booking the venue. Scott was not actually at our wedding, his partner/assistant Shawn was there. We had... Read More never met Shawn before and didn't know he was going to be there instead of Scott but everything went great and he was very calm and organized! The only suggestion I would make is that our food at the head table was a little lukewarm but I assume that was because they prepared our food first. We served our dinner family-style per Scott's suggestion and our guests really loved that. We also heard great reviews about the friendliness of the staff and servers. I would definitely recommend Scott's services to anyone planning an event!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Scott catered our daughter's wedding on September 26th. It was an outside wedding at my home with approximately 240 people. Needless to say I had many concerns. The wedding was absolutely beautiful thanks to Scott and his very professional crew. The food was phenomenal the... Read More service was the best and the presentation was outstanding. Scott and Gina made us feel like a part of their family. He made everything look effortless! He even made sure everything went smoothly that had nothing to do with the catering. I had many compliments on the food and the beautiful way the wedding was run. Many said it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever attended. I was so happy with him and would highly recommend him for any catering needs.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Completely blown away with Scott and his team. He exceeded every expectation and soothed every worry I had as a bride. He was so much more than just my caterer. Would recommend him a million times over.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Sherrie C

I can't say enough about Catering By Scott. Scotty assisted us in creating the wedding of our dreams at the Lincoln Theater October 9, 2015. The food was amazing and was well above and beyond our expectations. Scotty met with us twice before the wedding to assure he... Read More understood our vision. His enthusiasm is contagious, and he had great ideas to add to our plans. He also went to our venue to assure he could accommodate everything. The staff at Catering By Scott were also top notch. They were kind, friendly and extremely efficient in serving our guests. Our guests are still raving about the food. It was fresh and delicious. The selection of food was nothing like I have ever had at a wedding previously. The staff was also sure to provide our bridal party with the passed food prior to the wedding and boxed food for my husband I to take home after the wedding. This was a wonderful treat as we had little time to eat. My husband runs Sutton Entertainment Group and The Conspiracy Band. He has been a wedding vendor for 25 years for high end weddings in Central Ohio. I feel extremely fortunate that he knew Scotty, and we selected him to be our caterer among the many wonderful caterers in the area. We are forever grateful to Catering By Scott for making our special evening amazing!! I highly recommend newly engaged couples to contact Catering By Scott! Sincerely, Sherrie Sutton

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 renee i

Scott and his staff were wonderful and went above and beyond what we expected throughout the entire wedding process. Our guests loved the food and Im still dreaming about the beef bourguignon! Thanks again for everything Scott!! Everything was perfect!!

Meet The President

Scott Bast

Executive Chef and Director of Special Events, we have been creating special events in central ohio for over 26 years and have help create of 1800 wonderful wedding receptions for our wonderful brides.