Affairs to remember

When you hire Catering by Scott “Affairs to Remember,” you are investing in a higher level of confidence and our specialized attention to detail. We are here to take all the anxiety out of planning and organizing your affair, so that you can sit back, relax and enjoy yourself.

Cuisine

Southwestern, American, Greek, Italian, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Seafood

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

2980 East Broad Street, Columbus, OH (614) 236-1951

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Tara A

I CAN NOT say enough about Scott and his staff. I honestly don't even know where to begin. From the very start every time I saw Scott he assured me that everything would be just perfect and he would be 100 percent sure of it. He took care of myself, my husband, and my family as... Read More if they were his own. Our wedding was extremely organized and so well put together because of him. His sweet words as I am walking out to marry my husband still tear me up as I think about how he completely treated me as his own daughter through out the entire wedding planning process. Not only that, but his food.. Oh my gosh HIS FOOD! It was unreal. We got so many compliments from every single guest I spoke to about how amazing every bite was. Even the children complimented his cute children's meals he puts together for them! His staff completely took care of me the entire night, checking in with me constantly to be sure everything was perfect, to show me the beautiful cupcake display they put together as dancing began, to make sure I had a drink in my hand and was enjoying myself. I truly can not say enough. Thank you Scott and everyone involved in our wedding. You literally made my dreams come true and I can not thank you enough.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Sarah C

I cannot say enough about Scott and his team at Catering by Scott. I was referred by a high school friend who said how great Scott was and described him as a wedding planner in disguise. Every word was true. From booking our September wedding, to the tasting, rehearsal, and... Read More right down to getting everyone set to walk down the aisle, he and his team were such an integral part of our day! I ran into a number of issues with our venue and Scott was a phone call away and took care of it all. I have to elaborate on this a little: I received a phone call from the venue an hour before our ceremony was scheduled saying there was an issue with our center pieces. Everything had been set up plenty in advance and I was in our hotel room getting into my dress. I was told that one of us needed to come back to the venue to remove the glitter mason jars from each of my tables and wash them out- outside of the building. In total panic mode I called Scott's cell. He could hear I was fighting back tears, told me not to worry about a thing and that was that. I arrived to the venue an hour later to find his staff had gone out and bought all new mason jars (on their own dime) and had them all replaced. What a lifesaver and kind heart. On to the ceremony- Scott and his team really took the reigns and ran the show flawlessly (we had no wedding planner and looking back would have been completely lost when it came to timing/logistics between the ceremony, pictures, introductions, etc.) The food was beyond delicious and we received so many compliments from our guests as well as how great the staff was! They organized our sparkler send off which went off without a hitch and at the end of the night had everything boxed and packed up. My husband and I left with a to-go bag put together for us to enjoy when we got back to the hotel. Again, I can't express how grateful I am to have had Catering by Scott a part of our day. I would recommend to any and all brides a million times over-you will truly be treated like his own daughter.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Colleen M

It'll forever be tough to put into words how thankful my husband, family,, and I are that Catering by Scott catered our wedding- and beyond that- helped make this time in our lives such a special one. At the time we booked our venue- they were the exclusive caterer and sold us... Read More on our first meeting. The overwhelming love Scott has for catering, weddings, and making brides feel as incredible as they should- is indescribable. Scott made my husband and I feel like family upon our first meeting and remained incredibly helpful throughout our planning process. His family and staff did the same each time we called or came in. Scott did a great job helping us prep for our big day by providing us multiple meetings and delicious tastings. He was also a HUGE help during our rehearsal and day of events!! Shawn Poirier was an incredible help as well as he touched base with me often throughout the night and made me feel like the most special, beautiful Bride. Lastly, this wouldn't be a complete review without commenting on the food- it was simply amazing. We had the grilled salmon, basil chicken, and Prime Rib- all were phenomenal and the desserts were the best I have ever had.. also, my cake was beautiful and exactly what I wanted! I wish we could add pictures to this review :) Thank you again for helping us successfully plan the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Molly B

Scott and his staff were truly amazing! They are more than just a catering company. Scott gave us advice that made our wedding that much better! So many people have said this was the best wedding food they have ever had and I agree! He can make whatever you want! John E was part... Read More of the staff for our reception and he was made such a great impression on all of our guests! He was so genuine and happy the whole time it was contagious and we want Scott to know he is an excellent worker and will be someone we will always remember! We can’t say enough great things about Scott and his staff!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Kassie S

My husband and I got married this past July and we absolutely loved working with Scott and his crew! The food he served at our wedding was amazing and all of our guests said how much they loved it and that it was the best wedding food they have ever had! Not only did they do an... Read More awesome job with the food, but through the whole planning process I felt like I was part of his family and that he would do almost anything for us. Even after meeting only one time, we saw him at a wedding show and he immediately remembered us and all the details of what we had spoken about. This very much impressed me because it showed how much he cares about his clients and really does treat each one as if they're the only ones he is working with, which is obviously not the case with how busy he is! My parents came to Columbus multiple times just to eat at his cafe and do some more finishing details of planning! His crew also packaged up leftovers for my husband and I to enjoy after the wedding and we are so happy they did! I highly recommend Scott and know you will have the most amazing experience if you go with him!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Kathi O

Scott is awesome! We loved his food, presentation and special touches. He is high energy and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Catering by Scott.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Courtney S

Catering by Scott providing the final piece to our wedding picture! The food was perfect, the staff was punctual and efficient- plus extremely nice! We have nothing but good words! We highly suggest that if you want to add an unforgettable meal to your wedding, you look to... Read More them!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Karli L

My wife and I were so glad we chose Scott to cater our wedding. Scott was so helpful throughout the whole process of our engagement leading up to our wedding day. He sat down with us, asked a ton of questions, and we were able to create the wedding reception that we always... Read More wanted. The day of the wedding, Scott and his staff made us feel like a king and queen. Literally, everything was taken care of, even packing a to go bag of food we could enjoy before we left for our honeymoon. If you are looking for a personalized, high quality, and dependable caterer, Scott is your man!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017

If you go with Scott you get the whole package. His family and staff were amazing people. Our day was made so special and perfect because of their efforts! Can't thank him enough!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Stephanie O

Let me start off by saying our day was beyond our wildest dreams because of Scott and his wonderful family and team!! Needless to say we were very excited about our engagement but at the same time nervous about all of the planning and details that come along with a wedding. When... Read More we left our first meeting with Scott our minds were at ease and we knew he was the one we would go with. We walked out of the restaurant smiling from ear to ear! All of his reviews say he treats the bride like a daughter and that is 100% FACT!!! He is so much more than a caterer. He helped us find a venue that matched what we were looking for, he helped with decor and had fantastic advice throughout the process. You do not need a wedding coordinator if you choose to work with Scott...he takes on that role! When our limo arrived at the reception we got out and wondered what to do next then he appeared and gave direction to my bridal party then took my husband and I to a separate area to have champagne and apps. This was amazing considering you do not get much time to yourselves on your special day! He even helped with my hair clip (he has daughters haha) When it comes to the food he knocked our guest's socks off. Compliments regarding dinner have been nonstop!! He does a family style setup which cuts back on the time it takes for everyone to get served. It probably took less than 10 minutes for every single table to have their hot full customized meal in front of them! He told us when we were creating the menu that he could do anything we wanted and he did! We had brisket, chicken piccata, Scott's famous mashed potatoes (Oh. My. Goodness.), five cheese macaroni with homemade noodles (and he added bacon and chives on the tables as a mini bar request), and asparagus. Our hourdourves included a huge veggie, cheese cracker and olive display plus the servers walked around with his award winning tomato basil soup shooters and grilled cheese (amazing!). HE NOT ONLY DOES DINNER HE WILL MAKE YOU A FABULOUS CAKE AND DESSERT BAR!!!! This was huge to us to streamline the process and cut back on vendors. His cakes and desserts are phenomenal and after you try them you will not want to use a cake vendor. His daughter made us homemade flavored marshmallows and he setup a smores bar!!! On top of that Scott makes a fruit display with a mound of chocolate covered strawberries in the middle. Where else can you get that?!?! I could go on for days about how fantastic Catering by Scott is. He made it possible to plan a wedding in 4 months flawlessly. We feel like we had the wedding of the century and it was largely because of this man. I encourage anyone to at least have a meeting with him because it could change everything and allow you to be excited rather than stressed! So much love for Scott, his family and his team❤️

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Rachel M

Scott and his family and staff are the best! They were so friendly at all of our planning meetings and their food most importantly is delicious! Scott likes to make sure your meal is personalized so he made a special chicken alfredo dish for my husband and White cupcakes for... Read More me. After the wedding our guests were raving about how good our food was. I highly recommend Catering by Scott whether you're planning a wedding or just need catering for an event! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Kristen L

Scott, William, and their team did a wonderful job of catering our wedding! We received many compliments on the food (especially the brisket and mashed potatoes)! The dessert table was beautiful and detailed-- exactly how I asked! Scott is very nice and wants to make your day... Read More tailored to you! Thanks Catering by Scott!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017

My wife knew Scott long before I did. He has a restaurant on the East side and she and her co-workers frequent it for lunch. The first time I met him, Scott told me I was the luckiest guy in the world. He has always treated my wife just like a daughter and this is the promise... Read More he made to us when we sat down to come up with a menu. He has a creative approach; he asked us what we would pick if we went out to dinner that night. I told him that I would have ribs, which did not set well with my wife! We are not having ribs for our wedding-no way! Scott, laughed at my wife's response, saying, I think I have the perfect idea for a menu. We had pork tenderlion, brisket, salad, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese...it was very Americana and fit well with the venue, as like some of you, we got married in a barn. He also helped us to find the venue, the Ohio Wildlife Center. He was involved from the get go. He helped to plan and coordinate everything. He was there for our wedding rehearsal, the day of the wedding he even stayed for the ceremony, helping, leading, directing and making sure that his team was on point, which they all were. The staff was professional and attentive. The food was delivered on time, set up promptly, and was hot and cold as appropriate. As an old restaurant employee, I could tell he was really, really good at this, because you notice the little details and can appreciate the level of difficulty required in coordinating and executing a menu for that many people. The cupcakes were delicious, I'm told, lol, because they weren't intended for us. We got a ton of compliments on them from our friends and family. They disappeared almost as quickly as they were laid out on the display. Our wedding cake was simple and elegant in presentation, and it was amazing. It was a lemon-raspberry cake that was so good, we ate it for 5 days. I was sad when we had to get rid of the leftovers. It was at the end of the night where the little touches were best illustrated. As we were getting out of our formals and into normal clothes and carrying things out to the car, one of the caterers came up to me with a big bag full of leftovers. This was just for my wife and I and he said, and I will never forget it... "You don't have to eat White Castle tonight!" To which, I laughed, and remembered that the day had gone by so fast that i really hadn't had that much to eat and neither had my wife. Oh, and there were chocolate covered strawberries included which went over very well that night! So, to summarize, if you want someone that will be there from the start, guide you along, make suggestions, help out, deliver on and exceed your expectations, then you need to pick Catering by Scott. He simply took our special day and made it that much better. And if you find yourself out on the east side in the Bexley area, stop in his place for lunch, he'll probably shake your hand, ask you how your day was, hug your wife, make you laugh and treat you like family. Because in the end that's what it's all about.

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Sheila O

Job well done! Scott and his staff catered my son and daughter-in-law's wedding which was in the barn on their property. Catering by Scott was fantastic. They arrived while we were all in church and proceeded to set up and help decorate! The food was excellent, Rhonda and... Read More her staff were awesome and the presentation was beautiful. Our previous meetings with Scott were very helpful in our planning. Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Mackenzie L

Scott was the perfect choice for my wedding! He truly means it when he says he will treat each bride like a daughter! He was very attentive when I called, gave me ideas for decor, and even influenced my choice of necklace! (I wasn't going to wear one, but he was totally right).... Read More My main reason for choosing Scott was that immediately I felt that we had developed a personal connection. Even more importantly, the food was fantastic! I had many people tell me it was the best wedding food they had ever had! His staff were all so attentive, professional, friendly, and truly seemed to enjoy every aspect of their job. My wedding went SO smoothly, and I owe that to Scott and his staff.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017

Over the wedding weekend we had 5 separate events catered by Scott. All 5(2 dinners, 2 brunches and an afternoon open house lunch) were beautifully presented, staffed by courteous, friendly well-trained professionals and most importantly the food was delicious with generous... Read More portions for all. We look forward to calling him again soon.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Lisa D

I just had Catering by Scott cater my kids graduation party and it was PERFECT! We had so many compliments on how wonderful the food was. I would highly recommend Scott and his staff was fabulous too. They are awesome and I will definitely use them again for future needs! Thank... Read More you for making our grad party so wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 erin s

can't say enough good things about our experience with Scott and his staff. not only was the food amazing but the above and beyond service that Scott provided was an added bonus. we definitely felt like he was totally committed to making our wedding day the best it could be.... Read More I could go on and on but I will end by saying you will be in great hands if you choose Catering by Scott

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Leslie S

We cannot say enough about the wonderful services that Scott provides. He is beyond amazing. From the wonderful food to his amazing staff to his attention to all details of the entire reception, Scott is the best in Columbus and beyond! I am the mother of the bride and Scott... Read More made my daughter's wedding reception the most wonderful of any I have ever attended. Scott and his family will treat you as members of their family!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Rosemary A

Scott is over the top awesome! He wants you to have the best experience you could possibly have for your event. He catered my son's wedding this past weekend for over 300 guests, and the responses I got were"The Food was Excellent", "I went back for seconds". That is exactly... Read More what you want to hear when you are feeding that many guests. He took care of ALL the details so my husband and I could enjoy our family and friends. His staff was very polite and efficient in serving that many people through the buffet line, like clock-work. They were attentive to our every need and desire, and the bar tenders definitely knew how to handle a crowd of guests ready to celebrate! Great job Scott and crew!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Baylie C

Scott catered my wedding in December. I was blow away by the food, service, and thoughtfulness that Scott incorporated into our day. Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious the food was and how amazing the desserts were! Scott worked with us to make the best... Read More menu and desserts for our wedding! My husband and I picked our favorite desserts and he made them into cupcakes. I would highly recommend catering by Scott. You cannot go wrong. He is so intentional and willing to help. Not to mention, his food is the best from any caterer I have ever had. I will never use another caterer!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Lauren R

Only giving one star because zero isn't an option. I was referred to Scott from a friend who had him as her caterer. Food at her wedding was wonderful I cant deny that. I have tried reaching out to him through email, on the knot and on his own personal website 4 times since... Read More August and have never heard back. I was inquiring about having cupcakes catered for my own wedding because his display at my friends wedding was so nice. If he couldn't do it for whatever reason, he should have at least let me know. This is extremely unprofessional especially from a wedding vendor. There has been no communication and am now looking elsewhere. Save yourself the time and trouble.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Casey N

Our wedding day wouldn't have been complete without Scott and his team!! We continue to talk with our family and friends about how great the food was, how it was presented perfectly with our colors, the direction and guidance he provided, and how Scott treated us like we were... Read More two of his own. Scott has continued to stay in contact with us even after our wedding!! From our rehearsal time, and throughout our entire day Scott was there for us. His staff was exceptional and took the time to make sure we had everything we needed. We ran into a few hiccups with our venue and Scott and team were there to support us through the issues. We can't say enough about Scott personally and professionally. He is a caring and thoughtful individual, who knows his stuff, and made sure our day was perfect! We honestly can't say enough about how great Scott and his team are! Thanks Scott for everything!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Gabriella B

If I could describe Scott and his staff in one word it would be Excellence. My husband and I got married the beginning ofOctober. When I was looking for Caterers, I was looking into ones that I knew I could leave everything in their hands and focus on my husband and myself. Im... Read More not one who enjoys being center of attention or party planning, so this wedding was really making me nervous. Once I met Scott, all my nerves vanished. The day of the wedding, couldn't have gone any smoother, he helped my bridesmaids to get organized before walking down the isle, as well as myself. Walking into the Venue he had set up for me, I was at a loss for words, it was spectacular. Im still dreaming about the food, we didn't want to do a buffet or plated so he recommended we do stations and Im so happy we did. We had a pasta station, Mexican stations, Asian Station, salad bar, carving station and even the end of the night he set up a late night burger and hot dog bar. My husband and I are still raving about everything, and so many friends and family member keep texting and calling me about how incredible the entire evening was. If we could do it all over again, we would choose Scott and all of his staff in a heartbeat. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sherine B

Scott and his staff were wonderful during our big day! The food was incredible and we heard that from all of our guests. They even made sure to pack up some to go boxes for my husband and I after the wedding so we could eat it at the hotel! Scott has a ton of experience with... Read More weddings and events, so he will definitely help you if you have any issues or feel like you can't figure something out. My only recommendation is go with your gut! He had a lot of advice to share, but it wasn't always right for us, which is ok. Just remember, it is your day! He can be a little forgetful at times and can digress, but trust that he will deliver wonderful food and make your wedding day unforgettable!

Meet The President

Scott Bast

Executive Chef and Director of Special Events, we have been creating special events in central ohio for over 26 years and have help create of 1800 wonderful wedding receptions for our wonderful brides.