Cedar Lakes Estate

Port Jervis, NY

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE |

Cedar Lakes Estate

At Cedar Lakes, guests will enjoy a wedding that feels uniquely homespun yet professionally executed. Our venues and cottages pair the quaint charm of yesterday with the amenities of a contemporary luxury retreat. Spend the weekend uncovering the splendor of the Hudson Valley, just 70 miles from NYC

Waterfront, Tented

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1 Team USA Way, Port Jervis, NY
INSTAGRAM

Cali couple goes to camp!

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Sydney G

Well our wedding has come and gone and I am sad about one thing. Its over. Cedar Lakes EXCEEDED our expectations. We had about 1.5 years of planning with the Cedar Lakes Estate staff and they did exactly what they said they would. They are a newer venue so we were expecting a... Read More few hiccups and over sights-and there were none. Our guests were floored by the perfectly groomed grounds, the attentive staff, the 5 star restaurant cuisine and the unique weekend that was offered to our guests. Food: When serving at a camp to over 220+ you would expect standard wedding food. No, the entire weekend Chef Lisa Karvellas went above and beyond with her intimate touches and made the food a roaring hit. From the summer salad perfectly blended with dressing and toppings, to the ribs falling off the bone- people were in awe and going up for seconds even thirds. DIY encouraged: This privately owned estate allowed for all my DIY touches, no noise restrictions, beautiful accommodations on site. From our parents questions (and boy did they have questions) to the continuous one on one attention from Stephanie & Lisa, they made planning a wedding from the west coast seamless. I wouldn’t say I am a bridezilla, but I have a vision and a particular style. Accommodations: They have an array of housing options which was great for our friends and our elderly guests. Able to hold over 50+ people, this was a huge perk as we didn't want anyone to feel they couldnt stay on the grounds if they wanted too. The different tiers allowed for true campers all the way to a higher end "glamping" option in brand new bungalows. All the cabins were in great shape and each person who stayed felt apart of the weekend. The camp is not too large so you do not feel you're away from the action. We loved that the recreational side of the camp was away from the beauty in which you were surrounded by for the entire weekend but had the option to use. When you do planning for a living, its challenging to give the reigns to others. After our wedding, my husband and I would have changed NOTHING and we owe it ALL to Cedar Lakes Estate. I am happy to speak to anyone regarding my process, vendors and further experience as this truly was a wedding to remember. Thank you Stephanie & Lisa- you started our marriage out perfect, just like you both know I like it.

Words from the photographer

Reviewed on 12/11/2012 Christina R

Hands down the best wedding I've ever photographed was hosted at Cedar Lakes Estate by the Karvellas family. The setting is breath taking, the food is gourmet, the care and attention to detail from the planner Stephanie is immaculate and the overall experience for vendors and... Read More guests alike were once in a lifetime. I cannot say enough good things about the estate, family and the wedding I attended/shot here in September 2012. I HIGHLY recommend this location for your wedding. It surely will not disappoint. From the moment you pass through the gates you know you are in for a treat. As a photographer I was in paradise. My job was soooo much easier because every angle is picturesque. There is a serene lake at the center of the estate and it is surrounded by cabins ranging rustic to modern chic and can accommodate providing great opportunities for "getting ready" shots. The bride was married on the top of a hill on the backside of the estate which overlooked the entire valley. Reminded me so much of Florence, Italy... unbelievable green rolling hills and endless views. A cocktail party was hosted by the lake where guests crowded around a roaring fire pit and sparkling pool while enjoying delicious appetizers and cocktails. Could not take a bad picture in the soft blue twilight. The centerpiece of the estate, the gorgeous refurbished barn, hosted the reception. Strung with glittering lights and floor to ceiling windows it felt like you were dancing under the stars. From the rehearsal dinner to the goodbye brunch everything was picture perfect. Happy guests = great pictures. My job was a breeze, I enjoyed every minute, and best of all there were all smiles in my photos! Can't wait to shoot there again. 100/100 A++. xo, Tina Tina and Coco Photography http://www.Tinaandcoco.com

Dream Wedding, love them

Reviewed on 12/05/2012 alicia a

Cedar Lakes hosted our dream wedding this October. It was a perfect setting for the type of atmosphere my wife and I were wishing for. Our "rustic chic" theme was met with every detail Cedar Lakes had to offer. This place was soooo unique!!! We immediately saw the potential... Read More for a knockout weekend wedding to wow our guests. We're hands-on type of brides, so with some welcomed creativity we were able to really put our personal details throughout. . This is a family owned full service operation and they couldn't be lovelier. They saw to every single detail we requested and made us feel like part of their own family. The grounds are huge and just breathtaking - there's a private lake on site, a huge barn, plus other unique dwellings, 2 pools, and an incredible scenic mountaintop. We were able to use multiple venues on the grounds to showcase different sessions of our event allowing us to really be honored in a way one could only dream of. There are private luxury cottages available for about 30 people or so, with the rest of our guests given the option to stay in camper style cabins. Those unenthused about staying in the camper cabins (older guests really) were given the option to stay in a Holiday Inn only about 20 minutes away. Stephanie prepared all the luxury cottages onsite to be occupied by our bridal party and close family. She saw to it that not only did the event run smoothly but that all needs of our guests were met. Cedar Lakes just built a cluster of new cottages that sleep about 20, which was just perfect for our bridal party. These new cabins are absolutely gorgeous - a perfectly styled mix of rustic luxury. The attention to detail really came through. They were warm and intimate allowing our guests to individually enjoy their stay just as much as being a part of our special day .I travel often for work; these 5 star cabins were much, much cozier than any hotel I've ever stayed in. Our ceremony was held on the mountaintop. It was **breathtaking**. The staff set the stage perfectly; they even had a gorgeous handmade arbor.(incredible) I couldn't have imagined a more perfect setting for the ceremony. The reception was even better in their incredible barn. It's all done in stunning 100 year old reclaimed barn wood with low strung soft lights - really like a page out of magazines and wedding blogs!!!! The food, the food, the food was really something. Chef Lisa executed these culinary delights , a home-style feel; far from typical wedding food. You could tell everything was homemade and made with pride, from homemade pizzas for a casual lunch the day before to bouillabaisse and braised short ribs for the reception. We teamed up with Chef Lisa to fine tune the menu for the entire weekend. She couldn't be more accommodating; her excellence shined through at each gathering. Our guests were just blown away; many of them commented that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The serenity of Cedar Lakes made the perfect backdrop for our day, allowing our love and energy to shine. The food, the grounds, the kindness of the staff and owners...all of this came together to make a remarkable day and quite an impression. This is something you could never get from your typical venue. When we look back and re-live the best day of our lives we have Cedar Lakes to thank. There is no other place that offers alllllll that our weekend ensued. I had the opportunity to marry the woman of my dream

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Rene & Nick S

Our experience at cedar lakes was incredible. From the minute we pulled up we were greeted with friendly professional staff. The food was beyond our expectations in taste , abundance and presentation. Our cabin was imaculate ! The heated pavilion with the fire burning all... Read More weekend added the rustic touch we were looking for. And the barn was gorgeous. The grounds are incomparable to anything we had seen. All in all the weekend was the experience of a life time for us, and the beautiful bride and groom. A huge thanks to Stephanie and Lisa!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Naomi B

Reading all the other reviews, it seems that I am not alone in thinking that Cedar Lakes is one of the most magical places to get married. Not only is it beautiful, but it has everything that my husband and I wanted for the perfect wedding weekend–excellent home made food,... Read More one-of-a-kind venues for different weekend events, activities for everyone, comfortable accommodations that enabled all of our friends and family to be together, and an amazing staff that made us feel that the place was our own. CLE is rustic and unconventional in many ways, but still has all the luxuries and beauty of a more a traditional venue. Guests are still telling us that our wedding was one of the warmest, most exciting and gorgeous weddings that they've been to. If it weren't for CLE's wonderfully kind and accommodating staff, my husband and I might not be married right now. We were supposed to get married in August, but had to cancel our wedding due to an an unexpected family emergency. As soon as I told Stephanie the news, she immediately offered to let us transfer everything to the only remaining date they had for the rest of the year in October. Everything. I truly don't believe that any other venue would have made that offer to us and, for that, I am eternally grateful. The weather during our "second" wedding weekend was less than perfect, but it didn't matter at all because we were just so happy to be there and the CLE team turned a freezing torrential downpour into one of the coziest, most magical and one-of-a-kind weddings. I know we're biased, but we also know it's true :) We feel so very lucky to have been married at CLE.

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Shannon L

The pricing info on this site needs to be updated - it ignores the fact that there is a $65,000 minimum on catering for the wedding feast, as well as the cottages you are required to book. The minimum cost is therefore a total misrepresentation and will cause brides trying to... Read More stick to a moderate budget to get disappointed & waste their time when the true $ amounts come in.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

Having a wedding at Cedar Lakes makes you feel like you're getting married in your own backyard (only your backyard has a lake, sports facilities and an epic mountain view). From our first visit, Stephanie, Lisa and Ashley made us feel like family. They helped us create the... Read More ultimate camp weekend, customizing every detail of our nearly 300-guest, 4-day wedding. They told us to reach out whenever we had questions, and they really meant it. They were always responsive, attentive and excited to help. They worked so well with every one of our vendors. They really made us feel like we had nothing to worry about, and they were right - it couldn't have been more perfect. Every member of the Karvellas and Cedar Lakes family went above and beyond to make our weekend what it was. With Stephanie and Ashley, planning was genuinely fun. The food by Lisa and her team was fresh, delicious and prepared with love. Gina helped us be in the right place at the right time, and Steve and Lisa made our guests feel at home. Not to mention Brian, Amanda, Charlie and the nearly 100 other members of the team who made sure the weekend went off without a hitch. Our friends and family are still telling us our wedding was the best they've ever been to (not something you hear every day), and we know this wouldn't be the case if it had been anywhere else. Now we're just waiting for one of our friends to get married at CLE so we can see what it's like to be guests!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016

Cedar Lakes is really an unbelievable place to have a wedding. If you like what you've seen so far on their site or elsewhere, go for it. You will not be disappointed: it is *special.* There are a few key qualities to the venue, and if you want these things, have your wedding... Read More at Cedar Lakes: 1. Amazing space to have all to yourself for the weekend. Invite all of your friends and family to spend time together in this gorgeous outdoor environment. 2. Terrific food. You will not get better food anywhere -- all of our guests were blown away. 3. The chance to have dozens (or more) stay onsite with you. This is a unique aspect of Cedar Lakes that you can't get other places. The accommodations are awesome. The chance to have non-wedding-reception other meals throughout the weekend give you the chance to visit with guests more. It's awesome. The owners and staff dealt with us in a highly personal and accommodating way, really trying to bring to fruition what we wanted. We could not have asked for more for our wedding at Cedar Lakes.

Reviewed on 2/16/2016

After getting engaged and searching through venue after venue, Cedar Lakes Estate caught my eye and I was immediately sold! Being conscious about pricing, I was able to find a range for what to expect - all websites ranged from 10k for venue, some sites even listing average... Read More wedding costs between 55-75k total for a wedding at CLE. With that in mind, we emailed the venue and were shocked to see that the wedding feast minimum is listed at 65k despite number of people. The entire camp for the DAY is around $9,500. The entire camp for the WEEKEND is $19,500 + another $25,000 for added weekend meals (required). Ok. Not what I expected. But wait, the POC at the venue says "all prices and packages are negotiable." Sweet! So we scheduled a visit and spent the day visiting the camp. Boy, what a disappointment. At most, this venue is decent for the exorbitant price their asking for, which mind you, at this point you're already up to at least $75,000 ($10k for venue + $65k for food) just for food and wedding space. After touring the unimpressive "estate", we got down to discussing pricing. I consider myself a decent negotiator and having had the POC already mention that every price and package was negotiable, I was expecting SOME give. None. We had around 150 guests...at their food price that comes to over $400 per person...Let me again remind you that this venue is a refurbished summer camp...?? Making sense to any of you? Yeah, me neither. Her explanation was that in order to support the up keep of the estate, costs to bring everything on site and the fact that they're only open 6 months out of the year, they HAD to set the minimum to $75,000. Sounds like someone might HAVE to rethink their business model. In summary, my frustration stems from the misleading communication on pricing and the general lack of high quality amenities for the asking price. I'm writing this review to inform other brides-to-be on the ACTUAL price so they can be more aware of what this venue is asking for.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Courtney S

My Husband and I got married at Cedar Lakes in July of 2015 and it was truly everything we envisioned for our wedding. We wanted a location that was elegantly relaxed and allowed for us to spend multiple days with friends and family in a beautiful setting. Cedar Lakes definitely... Read More provides that plus much much more. The property itself is expansive and stunningly beautiful, but not in an overly manicured way. (Read Luxury Glamping, but not Country Club Stuffy). From the moment I arrived for our first visit I knew CLE was the right place for us to celebrate our marriage. The lake, the pool, the ceremony locations, the barn and the cottages are all equally exquisite - and then the blob, basketball courts and and sports fields added a playful feeling to the weekend that everybody appreciated. In addition to lovely event spaces and accommodations, the service and food provided by CLE cannot be outdone. The week of our wedding I knew that every detail would be taken care of, which allowed me to relax and enjoy time with our guests. Stephanie does an exceptional job of managing all "front-of-house" service (including their exceptional taste in decor and much more) and the food and beverages from Lisa and her team are truly gourmet (and also modern - ie mini chicken and waffles, not just typical boring wedding fare.) I honestly still dream about the food from the rehearsal dinner and wedding - everybody was raving about it all weekend. (Another CLE perk: The option to have your rehearsal dinner at a gorgeous long wooden table in a garden lit by twinkle lights and surrounded by flowers and fresh veggies - very reminiscent of a dinner in the Italian countryside and exactly what we had hoped for.) One of the best things about a wedding here is that it enables you to provide your guests with a whole weekend of beauty and fun, without an asinine amount of effort. I'd say if you're a couple with metropolitan taste and sensibilities but you want a wedding out of the city that feels effortlessly glamorous, without having the time to spend 1,000+ hours wedding planning, this is definitely the place for you. Really no matter who you are, this is the place for you. After it's all said and done I truly cannot imagine us getting married anywhere else, and we're both very happy that we made the decision to spend one of the most special weeks of our lives with Stephanie/Lisa and their team at Cedar Lakes. If you're on the fence about getting married here, don't think - just jump over the fence. It won't be regretted :)

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Sarah N

My husband and I got married at CLE in August and it was without a doubt the most incredible weekend of our lives. From the moment we toured the property, we fell in love with the vast grounds, beautiful property, incredible ceremony and reception locations and the genuine,... Read More loving family that runs it. Stephanie, Lisa and the entire CLE team made us feel like family from the very beginning. They went above and beyond to give us the wedding weekend of our dreams, and they even managed to surpass every single one of our expectations. I know this is probably rare to hear, but the entire weekend went off without a hitch. From the moment we all arrived, our friends and family could not stop saying how incredible everything was and how no detail was left untouched. The food was AMAZING - Lisa is the most talented chef we have ever met. Her food it not only delicious, but it is presented so beautifully that you really feel like you are in a 5 star restaurant. Stephanie is an incredibly talented logistics coordinator. She made it so that I did not have to worry about a thing for the entire weekend. If you want a unique, glamorous yet rustic wedding, Cedar Lakes Estate is the place for you. We are still over the moon with the entire experience and cannot wait to return!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Sarah N

Dreams come true at Cedar Lakes Estate

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Razie A

A few weeks before getting engaged I found Cedar Lakes Estate on Instagram after using a #outdoorwedding search. I fell in love immediately and told my then boyfriend I had found our wedding venue. Unfortunately, after getting engaged, we found out that they were booked every... Read More weekend we were interested in. Stephanie, however, promised to be in touch if anything changed, and as soon as she heard of a cancellation she made contact. This was just the beginning of the CLE team going above and beyond to accommodate us and our needs. Since we live overseas Stephanie and Lisa met with my parents on site several times and spent many hours figuring out how to help us throw a weekend-long Kosher and observant Jewish event. They made sure to strike the perfect balance between respecting our traditions and all the while making sure everything still felt like CLE. When my fiance and I were finally able to visit the venue for ourselves Stephanie gave us the full tour, despite having already spent so much time showing my parents around. By that point our relationship with Stephanie felt more like friendship than vendor and client. Once the Friday of the wedding weekend arrived, everything from the grounds to the amenities to the cabins to the staff was absolutely lovely and perfect! During the dancing after the wedding ceremony, I suddenly didn't feel very well and Stephanie stayed by my side and gave me food and drink until I was ready to get back up. It's hard to imagine many venues where the owner and event coordinator double as care taker for the bride. Simply put, we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out, and friends and family continually tell us it was one of the best and most beautiful weddings they've ever been to. It's hard to find the words to express just how grateful and appreciative we are for everything the CLE staff did, and we literally feel that our wedding dream came true thanks to CLE. You won't be dissappointed if you choose to marry there.

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

Thanks to the entire Cedar Lakes team we were able to give our daughter and (now) son-in-law the wedding of their dreams. From the gorgeous grounds to the impeccably maintained facilities to the well-trained staff, you can't ask for anything more. Stephanie and Lisa were... Read More incredibly accommodating and worked with us to address our unique set of needs for the weekend. If you are considering a country wedding, stop reading right now and contact CLE immediately! If you are lucky, the date you want will still be available. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Rebecca S

Our wedding at Cedar Lakes Estate was the most magical weekend of our lives! We got married 6/20/15 and we held our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and brunch ALL at CLE. We worked with Alimay Events as our wedding planners because we knew that there were a ton of... Read More logistics to coordinate, but if you are more of a DIY bride, then having a wedding planner isn't 100% necessary. From the minute Stephanie gave us a tour of the property, we instantly connected and I knew that I had found exactly what I was looking for in not only the property and functionality of the venue, but that I would be working with a family that poured their heart and soul into making couples wedding dreams come true. There are a few locations options to use for your ceremony at CLE - the Mountaintop, Amphitheater, Great Lawn, etc. and it was really awesome to follow along through the summer (on Instagram @thesistersofcedarlakes) to see how each couple made their wedding unique. We had planned to get married on the Mountaintop, but due to rain we held our ceremony in the Pavillon. I was devastated until I saw the stunningly beautiful transformation that took place in the Pavillon. It was dreamy, romantic and cozy and our guests had no idea that it was our plan B!! CLE provides an incredible canvas to build from and create the wedding that dreams are made of! We had ~30 guests stay on the property in the Sleepy Pine Cottages, Bluebird, Poolside Cabana and I used the Lakeside Cottage as my bridal suite for the weekend. The other guests stayed at two hotels nearby (The Hampton Inn and the Marriott) and we had buses shuttling people to/from CLE throughout the weekend. I can't say enough good things about the food! Lisa blew us away with customizable menus and our guests raved that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding! My husband has a ton of food allergies and Lisa went above and beyond to make sure all of the dishes were made without any cross-contamination. I can't speak highly enough of Stephanie and Lisa and the rest of the staff at CLE, they were thoughtful, accommodating and flexible throughout the entire planning process. I am so grateful to have had our wedding and experience the magic that is CLE, LOVE IT!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Jenny R

It has now been 2 months since my wedding, and I absolutely can not stop thinking about it. I can't stop thinking about the BEAUTIFUL setting of my ceremony, the DELICIOUS food that was served the entire weekend, the INCREDIBLE hospitality/service that was given to me and my... Read More guests throughout the entire weekend, I have Cedar Lakes Estate to thank for EVERYTHING. On my first visit at CLE, I fell in love and my imagination went wild with ideas for my wedding- but on that first visit, I never could have imagined how amazing my actual wedding would have been. Some highlights include: a day with my guests floating at the pool and blobbing on the lake, my rehearsal dinner with homemade flavored marshmallows for s'more, golf carting around the beautiful camp grounds, my ceremony with the most spectacular views of the Hudson, the absolutely most incredibly delicious food ( fried chicken and waffles apps, tomato soup with mini grilled cheese, chocolate cookies with a shot of milk, red velvet cake in mason jars), cocktail hour with specialty drinks by the lake, my first dance under 9 spectacularly beautiful chandeliers in the gorgeous rustic barn, after party at the tree house with a bonfire. I mean really- Cedar Lakes Estate gave me the wedding that I could have never imagined. The grounds, the staff, the amenities, the cabins and the food isn't even the best part of CLE--- the Karvellas family is! Stephanie (the Event Coordinator) was a dream to work with from start to finish. She was so responsive, so approachable, so relatable, so helpful and even surprised me and ordered my favorite specialty beers and served them the whole wedding weekend! Lisa (the chef) came up with the most delicious creations the entire weekend and was SO accommodating to my guests who had eating restrictions- she even made me and my husband special root beer floats at the end of the night! When my wedding planner totally messed up a few things at my wedding- these two stepped up and fixed it all. They made me feel so clam, so relaxed and so happy the entire weekend! These two went above and beyond for us and I will forever be grateful for them and the dreamland of Cedar Lakes Estate!

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 1/25/2015

My husband and I were married at CLE last May, and I can't imagine a better wedding venue. We rented CLE for the whole weekend and many of our guests stayed in the cabins from Friday to Sunday. Those who wanted more conventional lodgings stayed at the two hotels that are about... Read More 15 minutes away. We had approximately 240 people for the wedding itself and 150 on the grounds for most of the weekend. Stephanie made sure that the grounds were perfect and anticipated so many things that our guests enjoyed (games for the younger people, bonfires, smores, etc.). Lisa's food was incredible and our guests are still talking about it. We wanted pies instead of a cake and Lisa arranged for us to have delicious seasonal pies from a local baker. We were married on the hilltop, and our photographer told us that the views were some of the best he'd seen at any wedding. The barn (reception hall) is also fantastic. If you go to visit during the day, you won't be able to appreciate how beautiful the lighting is at night. The barn is lit up with strings of lights and the whole place glows a soft red/orange that's beautiful in photos. If you're looking for a lovely, rustic outdoor location where you can celebrate for days with all of your family and friends, this is the place for you.

We Keep Going Back.

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Laura Leigh S

I don't know where to begin when it comes to Cedar Lakes Estate. Family run CLE didn't just host our dream wedding, they made it personal and special and made us feel like ours was the only wedding they'd ever had the pleasure of planning. The venue was exactly what we were... Read More looking for; rustic and serene but with the perfect element of fun. We wanted gorgeous mountaintop toasts at sunset and a rousing wedding day kickball game followed by water sports. We wanted a romantic ceremony tucked in the trees near the lake and a big rowdy reception with wild flowers and candle light. We wanted an after-party in a laidback setting with a campfire and s'mores and we wanted a poolside Sunday morning brunch. We got all of this and then some. From the first moment we met Steph and Lisa at CLE, until the moment we drove away the day after our wedding, everything about our weekend was exactly as we'd hoped. Planning was low-stress and so much fun, and the weekend itself was the most wonderful time we have ever had. Sure, we got lucky with the weather, but nothing else was luck or chance. Every single aspect of our weekend came from planning and working with people who are not just professional, but who are friendly and helpful and excited to be a part of your special day. Stephanie thought of everything to make our wedding extraordinary, and Lisa designed a menu with us that had even our most skeptical guests positively raving. From a Friday night BBQ with perfectly fried chicken to the many food stations at our reception, including shrimp fra diavolo, miniature reubens, and homemade burrata, Lisa knocked it out of the park. If you're looking for a wedding mill with set menus and a handful of events each weekend then this is not the place for you. If you really want to plan something magical, something so special that all of your guests will be talking about it for years to come, then check out Cedar Lakes Estate. They made us feel like family, and we had one wild time.

Beyond Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Alicia M

My Wedding at Cedar Lakes Estate was beyond anything we could ever imagine. We are from Long Island but wanted to stay away from the typical Catering Hall style Weddings. When starting the venue hunt, we were looking for something rustic yet classy, raw space that we could... Read More make our own, and FOOD was very important to us. I did a bunch of research online, found a handful of places, but CLE stood out to us the most. It was the only place we checked out, booked it that day. First off, we loved the fact that it's Family Run...Stephanie and Lisa were absolutely amazing. Chef Lisa's food was out of this world. My guests are still raving. Farm-to-Table, can't get any better than that. Everything was unbelievable. Pig Roast...Mini Fried Chicken&Waffles, to the Braised Short Ribs, to the little milk shots & cookies. Their menu has it all. They are also willing to add special foods that you love to your Wedding Weekend to make it more personalized. Stephanie is the coordinator/planner. Her attention to detail was impeccable. We knew once we got to CLE that everything from there on out was going to be smooth sailing. We had a couple of rough weeks leading up to the Wedding Weekend, but as soon as we got there, all we did was relax and have an amazing time. These girls know exactly what they are doing. I have had multiple family and friends tell me that our Wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to. Words can not even describe how that makes us feel, but we have the Karvellas Family to thank. The whole family made us feel like we were at home and a part of their family. From the Lake to the Mountaintop View...the cabins...the food...the attentive staff...our Wedding was more than we could ever imagine. I am ready to do it all over again! Some brides say they are relieved it is all over...we had the exact opposite feeling...I never wanted that weekend to end.

Our dream wedding!

Reviewed on 7/04/2014 Ashley H

Wow - it is hard to believe it's been nearly three weeks since our wedding day, but we both can't stop smiling still when we think about it. Having it at Cedar Lakes and managed by the Karvellas family was an absolute dream come true. From the time we stepped on the property, we... Read More knew it was exactly what we were looking for. Property: The perfect mix of laid back 'camp' & outdoors feel with upscale touches and amazing amenities. As outdoor-y people, we knew we wanted somewhere to have the majority of our time with our guests spent outside and between the lake, zipline, blob, and grounds, we not only got our wish for the ceremony but for the entire weekend. Our guests just raved about how much there was to do and most chose to spend the entire weekend either on site or nearby at the Hampton Inn. Every site around the entire property was immaculate, from the most rustic camper cabins that friends crashed in to the beautiful garden. Literally every detail was cared for. Food: BEYOND - just honestly, some of the best farm-to-table presentation and taste we've ever seen, let alone seen at a wedding. I think by this point, we have been to thirty+ friends' weddings and everyone agreed this food was unbelievable. We opted for the stations rather than sit down and I was so happy because it let people continue to mingle, enjoy the photo booth, and eat to their hearts content! We also highly recommend the ice cream sundae & milkshakes bar = ) Decor: We used Meg Low at That Time Events and could not have been happier. She executed flawlessly on my vision for the day and brought in so many amazing surprises. We got married on Flag Day and she knew we loved patriotic themes, so for the food pavilion she made us a gorgeous reclaimed wood flag. The flowers and her personal touches made the day feel so intimate and personal. Service: Stephanie was unbelievable - so professional, catered to every ask and item we could have hoped for and happily put up with all my emails and calls for the year leading up to the wedding! She is truly one of a kind and helped to put us completely at ease. Lisa was also amazing - her ability to cater her food to meet your preferences and offer an expansive selection of options was really unparalleled to any other venues we looked at. I think most impressive though was how their staff looked after us the entire weekend. They were so in tune to every guests' need and especially to ours, they waited on us hand and foot throughout the weekend. Some of the most hard working and lovely people who truly made sure that the weekend went on without a hitch! Value: Although the venue was definitely at the top of our budget, it was worth absolutely every penny. The level of professionalism and ownership for each and every part of the weekend was incredible. Stephanie and Lisa hold your hand from beginning to end and ensure that every whim is met and every expectation exceeded. You can tell that their entire family holds Cedar Lakes as a labor of love and pours their hearts into everything they do. As you can tell, we literally can't say enough good things - I just wish we could do it all over again!! Thank you Cedar Lakes for making our special day even more amazing than we could have ever imagined!

Best Place Ever!

Reviewed on 11/24/2013 Kate C

The moment we found Cedar Lake Estates we knew it would be the perfect place to have our dream wedding. It fit all of our criteria to a tee: It was beautiful, unique, we could have a weekend event and our bridal party and family could stay on site, and we could have an outdoor... Read More ceremony. Our wedding vision was of a fun weekend full of activities and a laid back vibe. That is exactly what we got. From the lake activities, the lodging, the food, to the beautiful setting, it was just perfect . Not only is the property absolutely gorgeous, the staff and service were top notch. Stephanie + Lisa really let us control how everything would happen and they were flexible on letting us make decisions. They were so easy to work with and their entire family was so warm and inviting. They really made us feel at home. Chef Lisa went above and beyond to accommodate my families special dietary needs The food was delicious and months later all of our guests are still raving about it. All of our guest were raving about the food and their experience. We are already planning a trip with our friends there next year! Best Place Ever!

A Review From The Florist

Reviewed on 12/05/2012 Meg L

I am an event stylist & florist. I worked with Stephanie & Lisa months prior to a weekend wedding I was styling. They were available to answer any questions I had (and I had a lot of them). From barn dimensions to lighting options! I was able to visit the property and event... Read More locations multiple times prior to the event which was a big help. Space was provided for my supplies and to put the final touches on my floral arrangements. They let me use their ladders & their staff was so willing to pitch in when I needed help moving from one location to the next. If you’re having your wedding here, don't forget to rent the carts they have available. Also, it's a good idea to have an itinerary & map printed for guest so they know where they can explore. I also have to mention the family and local vibe they have! It’s family run and the farm to table food is unique & delicious. I even got a tour of the kitchen where they just got local herbs delivered - amazing! The staff never stops, if they can accommodate you they will! If they would have let me, I would have moved into one of the new cottages...when you’re there, you just feel at home. A magical place to enjoy your special day. Cheers! Meg ThatTimeEvents.com

Unique Rustic Venue with Summer Camp Feel

Reviewed on 12/04/2012 Karen H

My ceremony and reception were both held at Cedar Lakes in October of 2011, and I really loved the experience. Cedar Lakes is a rustic venue that hosts sports camps and family events as well as weddings, and it's full of possibilities -- especially for the creative, crafty,... Read More or outdoorsy couple. There are luxury cottages, big cabins with bunk beds plus a ton of super-basic cabins, and the entire place feels like a fun summer camp. There are hotels nearby for those who aren't too keen on camping, but for the friends and family who like to stay in big cabins with all their loved ones and don't mind bringing their sleeping bags and pillows, it's a great place. The grounds are beautiful, and there are a lot of buildings to choose from to make each event unique. Our ceremony was in the Dance Hall, with its adorable stage and fire place. We then moved to the Dining Pavilion for the reception, and that huge fire pit was what originally sold me on the venue. You will need to rent some items like chairs, tables, and china if you want to go high-end. If you stick with the camping theme, though, their supplies are great. We used the picnic tables and silverware that they had, and rented some tables for the bar and for the older folks. We provided our own plates, bowls, and cups rather than use the camp-style ones, though they might have china now. Cedar Lakes is also a family-owned venue, and you definitely get that sense! Everyone pitched in to make the day memorable. Lisa K, the chef, made a truly amazing BBQ buffet feast, with some vegan dishes, and there are many people in my life who are still talking about how good it was. Prior to the wedding, she invited my in-laws, my husband, and myself into her home to give us a tasting. Stephanie K, the manager, worked hard to make the day run smoothly and was very responsive to all my questions and ideas. She helped organize and run the day, which made it so much easier to relax and enjoy myself. Cedar Lakes is a great venue with a unique feel. I highly recommend visiting and walking around the grounds to get a sense of every building and the wonderful nature surrounding it.

Best Day of My Life

Reviewed on 12/03/2012 Michele P

Planning a wedding is not easy and being the unbride that I am I was working myself into a panic. We looked at over 100 venues over a span of 6 months and online my husband stumbled onto Cedar Lakes from that moment on the planning became so fun. We immediately fell in love... Read More with the Karvellas family who own and operate the venue. We had found the best venue and a second family! We planned the menus closely with Lisa the chef, she is brilliant and a joy to work with. We planned the rest of the details with Stephanie and our phone calls back and forth were so frequent she was on my speed dial. Stephanie was always there when I had questions, ideas, or thoughts. We knew we wanted it to be a very personal experience where people could just see our personalities shining through all the details. Cedar Lakes captured the essence of us down to every last detail. The food was amazing and our guests never stopped raving about it. The landscaping of the venue was amazing. Over 100 of our friends and family stayed on the grounds and they loved the summer camp feel. I was overjoyed the entire weekend and you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. The barn where we had the reception was absolute perfection and the clearing where we held the ceremony was absolutely breathtaking. My pictures came out so beautiful I am finding it so difficult to pick my favorites. My wedding was the absolute best day of my life and I cannot thank the staff at Cedar Lakes enough. The vibe was all about love and happiness and fun. I couldn't have written the day more perfectly if I had tried. If you are contemplating having your wedding at Cedar Lakes Estate don't think anymore just book it, you will not be disappointed. Events like this are once in a lifetime and the memories are priceless. Cedar Lakes embodies everything that is loving and beautiful and peaceful. Every detail from the food to the decor to the staff to the vibe is about love and happiness. When I think of this day I remember it so fondly and think of all my family and friends and the new family that I gained in the Karvellas". IT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE PERFECT!!!!!

Couldn't have asked for a better experience...

Reviewed on 12/02/2012 Brynne M

We had our dream wedding weekend at Cedar Lakes on October 22, 2011. We rented the facilities from Friday to Sunday, and almost half of our guests (about 100 out of 225) stayed on the grounds with us for the entire weekend. Several of our guests said that ours was the best... Read More wedding they'd ever attended and a handful of our unmarried friends had so much fun that they claim they want to get married at Cedar Lakes as well... Our experience was so amazing in large part because of the family that runs the venue. It truly is a family operation, with every member of their extended family chipping in wherever needed. One of the sisters serves as the chef and is BRILLIANT. She worked with us on choosing menu items that suited our tastes and everything was exquisite. It's not even fair to call this some of the best "wedding food" we've eaten - it was some of the best food we've had, period. Another sister serves as a wedding coordinator - she worked with us every step of the way and addressed every one of our concerns. Leading up to the wedding, we spoke on at least a weekly basis and she made sure that everything was exactly as we had hoped. Because of her, we had an issue-free weekend. More than anything, though, it was the little touches that the family added that made our weekend so special. They made everything personal to us and by the end of the weekend we really felt like they were a part of our family. It's worth it to note that we were going for a very rustic, unique, and fun wedding weekend and that's exactly what we got. Our guests knew they'd be getting a camp-like experience if they chose to stay on the grounds and everyone embraced it (anyone who didn't stayed in a nearby hotel). This is not your typical wedding factory and that's EXACTLY why we loved it so much. We had a lot of say regarding every aspect of the weekend and ours was unlike any other wedding we've been to. If we had to do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing.