Celebrate at Snug Harbor

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden in Staten Island, New York, sits on 83 acres and is walking distance from the Staten Island Ferry, as well as convenient to the bridges from Brooklyn and New Jersey. Couples can exchange vows in one of the gardens, have an indoor ceremony or host a reception inside. At Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden event planners are known as 'memory makers.' These memory makers work with the couple to create the right package to meet their needs.

The Great Hall has Palladian windows, 40-foot ceilings and multiple fireplaces. This room dates back to the 1800s. The Great Hall accommodates up to 350 people. For those who want to use the Great Hall as a reception space only, they have the option to host the ceremony in the Tuscan Garden.

The Tuscan Garden was designed with inspiration from the Villa Gamberaia in Florence, Italy. This garden has landscaped terraces and fountains. This garden also has the 'Lemon House,' a glass-enclosed area with lemon and olive trees.

The Lower Great Hall is a smaller venue, accommodating 75 to 150 seated guests. This area is ideal for a small reception or cocktail hour. There is also an outdoor area that guests can enjoy.

The Tented Pavilion is an outdoor space with the comfort and convenience of an indoor space. The Tented Pavilion has stone floors and its own restrooms. This area accommodates up to 200 seated guests. Couples hosting a reception in this area can use the nearby Chinese Scholars Garden for their ceremonies or cocktail hours.

The Chinese Scholars Garden was designed to create the feeling of traditional gardens from the Han Dynasty. The garden includes walkways, courtyards and pavilions, making it ideal for Chinese wedding ceremonies.

There are things couples need to know when considering Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden. This venue accommodates cultural wedding ceremonies and receptions. The staff is knowledgeable in Jewish, Indian and Chinese traditions. The staff has preferred vendors that specialize in Kosher meals and Indian food. Couples can choose from formal sit-down dinners to causal buffets.

There are extra perks and unique indoor spaces at Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden.

• Music hall
  • Chapel
  • Art galleries
  • Carpenter’s shop
  • 19th century residences
  • Greenhouses
  • Dance studios

Romantic Garden Wedding Venue

Celebrate at Snug Harbor offers an enchanted 83-acre setting with unique event space, lush botanical gardens, and the finest cuisine. Modeled after Villa Gamberaia in Florence, The Tuscan Garden features beautifully landscaped terraces, formal water elements, topiaries, and period plantings. The highly acclaimed Chinese Scholar’s Garden features a collection of captivating pavilions, walkways, and courtyards along with bamboo forest path, waterfalls, and Koi-filled pond. The Tented Pavilion sits at the edge of the Chinese Scholar’s Garden. It is a pristine outdoor space with indoor comforts including restrooms and a beautiful stone floor. The formal Great Hall features 40’ ceilings and Palladium windows, offering your guests a feeling of grandeur and bygone opulence. With numerous pictu

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Garden, Castle, Museum, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

1000 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY (718) 442-2700
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Lynn J

The wedding for our daughter at Snug Harbor on October was a huge success and we especially to convey our good reviews to the team there headed by Terra and Chef James. Terra was a dream to work with and the food was really delicious. The place looked gorgeous too. One thing... Read More that we particularly appreciated was Terra's accommodation concerning the weather. It was touch and go that day and she was able to plan for the ceremony to still be held at the Tuscan Garden and moved the cocktail hour to the Lower Great Hall and so we got the best of both worlds. So thanks again for a great job! The kids had their dream wedding and all the guests had a blast. There were even compliments for first-timers on Staten Island. A good initiation!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Mariya B

Snug harbor was the most perfect venue for our wedding! It was an absolutely gorgeous setting- set amid gardens and easily accessible from NYC. We saw about 15 different venues before we fell in love with snug. It's distinct feel and unique setup really set it above the rest.... Read More Additionally, it was important for us to have most things included within the venue (ex: catering and ceremony location). We got married on Labor Day weekend in the Tuscan garden, had cocktail hour out there and then the reception in the Great Hall. We took pictures on the grounds prior to the ceremony. I truly believe this is the most hidden gem of a venue in New York and would recommend it to anyone. While we live in Manhattan, having our guests take the ferry over made for a fun experience (especially for out of towners). A good deal of our guests drove as well, which worked out great. We were quite worried based on some of the other reviews but Landmark turned this place around and eased any concerns. The venue staff did a phenomenal job ensuring everything was on track and aligned with our expectations. This was especially important as we did not book a day of coordinator separately. David (the maitre'd) and Jessica (bridal attendant) particularly stood out. The food was awesome (guests loved it). Having the cake included was a great plus as well. The staff were able to keep things moving perfectly the day of- very natural transitions throughout the evening (aka cocktail hour to reception). We were not rushed out at the end, and were able to calmly pack up and head out. Snug was also really helpful in some of their vendor recommendations.

Wonderful place for a wedding!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Christy Z

Celebrate at Snug Harbor is honestly a hidden gem in New York! Located in Staten Island, Celebrate at Snug Harbor boasts beautiful, picturesque botanical gardens among the hustle and bustle of the city. I had the task of planning my wedding in 3 months, and I was so... Read More fortunate to find Celebrate. They were responsive and friendly, and quickly set me up with an appointment to visit the venue. I had the pleasure of meeting Jeanne, the president of Landmark Hospitality (the company that runs Celebrate at Snug Harbor), and she was amazing. She took me under her wing, and worked with me to ensure that my wedding would be perfect. Jeanne knew the time crunch I was under, and was so thoughtful in pricing and planning. My event specialist was Terra, and she was wonderful. Terra was professional, warm, and made sure she answered any questions I had. She was patient and checked in frequently to gather important details she needed for the day of the wedding. The staff was Celebrate was also really great! Our bridal attendant paid attention our needs, and made sure that my husband and I had time to hydrate and eat during our wedding day. Our wedding was held inside the Great Hall, and it was absolutely perfect! The high ceilings, tall windows and neutral colors were picture perfect, and I loved the natural lighting that filled the entire room. Overall, Celebrate at Snug Harbor was the perfect wedding venue, and I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 megan g

Snug harbor is a hidden gem. I had a wonderful experience Working with Terra and the rest of the staff at Celebrate at Snug Harbor. Our cocktail hour was in the Tuscan Garden & reception was in the upper great hall in September; Everything was beyond perfect from start to... Read More finish!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Ninad C

Okay so planning a wedding can be a headache, especially dealing with all the different vendors. I can honestly say that every person/group we worked with for our wedding last August severely annoyed us with some kind of unprofessionalism, quality issues or financial "screwing... Read More us over". There was an exception! Snug Harbor, our venue was amazing. ZERO problems. Not only were there no problems but everyone that worked with us from Snug Harbor helped to alleviate other problems. We worked with Patricia directly and she was incredible. INCREDIBLE. I cannot stress this enough. Just an example, she bought fans for all our guests and put them on the seats in case the weather was too hot outside. She put us first throughout the entire night. There was never a moment when she wasn't thinking about us and our guests and she was always there if we needed something. I cannot stress enough how amazing she was. Our personal attendants were also amazing. Sam and David, also catered to our every need and were insanely kind. So the staff was amazing, the process a breeze and the venue was stunning. I STRONGLY recommend Snug Harbor, like seriously, book it...just do it!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Laura

My husband and I discovered Snug Harbor and its gorgeous gardens on a bike ride a few years ago. So, when we were planning for our big day, we were thrilled to learn that it was a wedding venue. Snug Harbor is a true gem, and so is Landmark Venues. We worked with Terra, who is... Read More such a wonderful and helpful person. She gave us a tour of Snug Harbor's different wedding locations, and helped us choose the one that fit us best. I probably emailed Terra dozens of emails with random questions, and she promptly answered all of them. I was very impressed, especially because other vendors I worked with were difficult to reach sometimes. But Terra was always available. She even recommended hotels, flower vendors and photographers. On the day of the wedding (June 2016), the entire staff helped everything run smoothly and perfectly. We wanted an outdoor wedding in the White Garden, but it happened to rain. They still set up chairs outside (just in case!) but also set up chairs inside the beautiful Upper Great Hall, where we had the ceremony. We did a Sunday brunch, and the food following the ceremony was amazing. So was the Palermo's bakery cake. The acoustics (we had a live band) were great, and there was lots of room for dancing. The bridal attendant helped me so much. She got me food and brought over coffee, wine, wedding cake, etc. She also helped me find all of my belongings as the wedding wrapped up. I don't know what I would have done without her! We had such a great experience with Snug Harbor. I would highly recommend this venue to other couples.

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Jen T

My now husband and I cannot say enough great things about our experience with Snug Harbor. We had the ceremony in the Tuscan Garden and the reception in the Tented Pavilion. All our guests were raving about the stunning venue. They could not believe we were on Staten Island.... Read More Terra and her team were extremely professional. We are so grateful to her and her entire team. They made the day stress free! Terra coordinated seamlessly with all of our vendors. We never had to hear a peep! As usual, as the bride I didn't really eat much- but what I did get was delicious! Our guests raved about the food. We have an extended cocktail reception. The guests loved all the station options- especially the Asian stir fry! So if you are looking for a beautiful venue, with an experienced staff and great food options look no further than Snug Harbor!

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Becky S

Celebrate at Snug Harbor is truly one of the last “hidden gem” event venues in the NY metro area. My husband and I dreamed of a garden wedding and were excited to discover that Landmark Hospitality, one of the most highly regarded wedding venue operators in our area, had a... Read More garden property. We were speechless when we visited the property. Snug Harbor’s Chinese Scholar Gardens, formal gardens and lush landscaping immediately transport you out of the commotion of the busy surroundings and into a special, peaceful and intimate oasis. We fell in love immediately and booked the venue as quickly as we could! My husband and I can’t say enough positive things about the events team at Celebrate at Snug Harbor, specifically Terra Hudson, our Snug Harbor designated event coordinator. Terra’s years of experience in wedding production are evident in her calm, knowledgeable, detailed and reassuring manor. Whenever we presented a question or concern, Terra would provide a thoughtful response and solution to meet our requests. Despite her busy schedule, Terra would always find time to meet and left no stone left unturned in the planning process. On our wedding day, everything was executed to perfection. From our decorations and table settings to the accommodating staff, delicious food and refreshing cocktails, the Snug Harbor team truly exceeded expectations and made our dream into a reality. There was a surplus of delicious and diverse food for all preferences. The bar was well prepared for the demands of our hot (87 degree) day, and ended the night with a homerun “Adult Milkshake Bar.” Highly recommend! The team at Snug Harbor made our wedding planning process stress free and facilitated an unforgettable evening for us and our guests. We hope that others will discover this special place!

Reviewed on 3/25/2016

I read many mixed reviews of Snug Harbor early in our wedding planning process, so I was skeptical to commit to the venue. My husband and I couldn't be happier that we did, though. We were captivated by the Great Hall on our first visit, and really couldn't imagine our wedding... Read More anywhere else after seeing the space. We worked with Terra throughout the process, and while there were certainly little things that frustrated me -- like typos in the contract -- it was all minor in the grand scheme of things. The reception food options were delicious and the cocktail hour food was overabundant. The bridal suite was also the perfect place for my bridesmaids and me to get ready on the big day. We had our ceremony in front of about 150 people in the Great Hall before going downstairs to cocktail hour. We then returned upstairs for the reception, and the space had been flipped impeccably. The grounds made for a beautiful backdrop for photos, and even though it was a brisk November day, everything was picture-perfect. Thanks to Terra and her staff, my husband and I were completely unaware of the minor hiccups that were bound to arise throughout the night. We would highly recommend an event at Snug Harbor!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Ana M

Snug Harbor was a beautiful place to have our wedding! Our experience was nothing but positive from the very beginning. Terra, our wedding coordinator, was always responsive, professional and helpful with any questions or concerns I had about the wedding (even when I was... Read More emailing her a year before). In addition, Terra was flexible and allowed us to select different parts of the park and design our wedding as we saw fit. On the day of, I was given a personal attendant (Gabby) who took care of every detail of the wedding. Not only did Gabby take care of my husband and I throughout the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, but she also took care of any hiccups or details that required attention. She was patient, accommodating and saved the day! Another huge plus was the food. Our guests could not stop raving about how wonderful the food was. Oveok care of any hiccups or details that required attention. She was patient, accommodating and saved the day! Another huge plus was the food. Our guests could not stop raving about how wonderful the food was. Overall, Snug Harbor is a venue that's perfect for you if you're looking for an outdoor wedding that's original and enchanting. We were very happy with the outcome and highly recommend Snug Harbor for your future wedding!rall, Snug Harbor is a venue that's perfect for you if you're looking for an outdoor wedding that's original and enchanting. We were very happy with the outcome and highly recommend Snug Harbor for your future wedding!

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Emily B

Leading up to Event: The wedding facility transformed drastically leading up to our event, as promised by Patricia and her staff. Updates to the wall paper, carpets, fireplaces, kitchen renovations, installation of elevators to name a few. Most of our concerns were put to rest... Read More through communication with Snug Harbor staff over the countless visits we made to the facility. Patricia and staff were friendly and understanding of our needs and had a good vision for what they needed to do to make the reception hall even better then the natural beauty it already has had for centuries. Day of: Rain or shine, the natural beauty of Snug Harbor is unmatched. The photo opportunities in the park are endless, which is one of the main factors that drew us to having our wedding here. Needles to say, the weather was perfect, and our time outdoors for photos/wedding ceremony in Tuscan garden and our cocktail hour were flawless. This is a public park, but we had no issue with non-guest interfering through out the day. The ceremony looked like it was straight out of a fairly tale. The cocktail outdoors was one of my personal favorites of the evening. The food throughout the night was nothing short of spectacular. The appetizers were unique and well received by the guest. The Great Hall is absolutely breathtaking. The acoustic are sub-par due to the high ceilings but with the speakers focused on the dance floor, the music sounded great where it was needed. Once again the food was talked about by all of the guest. Kudos to the chef, it is not easy to cook for 230 guest without knowing what they wanted days in advance. Also it must be said that the bridal attendant, Samantha, did a great job. Conclusion: I would highly recommend Snug Harbor to anyone who is looking for a unique but naturally beauty wedding facility. The price is extremely fair and the food is spectacular. Most of our guest said this is one of the best weddings! Thanks for the memories Snug!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2015

Terra really went above and beyond to make our wedding extremely special. The venue in of itself is extremely breathtaking. We got married in the Tuscan Garden and our reception was in the The Upper Great Hall. I can't thank Terra, Samantha (amazing bridal attendant - such a... Read More special person) and the staff enough. The menu selection is mouthwatering. The head chef is extremely talented! Thank you so much Celebrate at Snug Harbor - you guys are amazing.

Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 Korie Y

Everything went incredibly well. My guests loved everything from the way the ceremony was set up outside to the hall the reception was in. They raved about the cocktail hour (which I got to see none of...lol) and 3 weeks later I am still hearing about the food. I would... Read More highly recommend someone else to have their day here.

Fabulous Wedding Day!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Nicole M

Our wedding was September 20, 2014, the weather was perfect so we could fully appreciate all the grounds Snug Harbor has to offer for photos!! From the date we started planning all of the staff involved was nothing but overly helpful to accommodate all of our needs and... Read More questions. The food was spectacular from the cocktail hour to the desserts, our guest are still raving about every aspect of our wedding!!

CLARK WINTER WEDDING

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Rae C

We had such a Beautiful Winter Wedding at Celebrate at Snug Harbor. The Snow Covered Trees, Candle Lite Room and Romantic Fire Places were the perfect backdrop. The Staff did a wonderful job. The attention to detail, everything was very classy and we could not have been more... Read More pleased. Everything was perfect, and our guests told us again and again that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I will certainly be recommending the establishment to any friends looking for the perfect place to hold a memorable party.

Beautiful Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, and Reception! Had a Blast!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Christina T

We are so happy to have held both our ceremony and our reception at Snug Harbor! Patricia and Diane, from Celebrate at Snug Harbor, were extremely responsive, accommodating, and supportive. Our guests raved about our event. We held our ceremony in the Tuscan Garden. It was... Read More raining on and off all day, and the staff allowed us to hold off on our decision as to whether we should move the ceremony indoors until the last possible moment. We took a chance and got very lucky. With such a limited amount of time to prepare, the facilities team was able to setup all the chairs, the maitre d' was able to coordinate all of our guests, and the bridal attendant was able to keep our minds at ease. Our cocktail hour and reception were held at Celebrate at Snug Harbor. The two halls are gorgeous (especially those high ceilings and large windows in the Upper Great Hall!). Everything looked fantastic. The tables were set beautifully, all staff members were extremely professional, and guests both young and old had a great time. For future brides/grooms that are going through the planning process (especially the worrywarts like us), I would really like to emphasize that our experience with Celebrate at Snug Harbor was fantastic because of how open and honest they were throughout the entire process. You'll see some good reviews and you'll see some bad reviews. What's great is that you don't have to worry about things getting swept under the rug. They are constantly reviewing the feedback they receive and really improving things based on it. We signed with them about a year and a half before our date, and through that time, we saw how much potential the venue has and how far they have come to achieve it.

DO NOT HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE - THEY ARE TERRIBLE

Reviewed on 7/18/2014 Tapasya W

DO NOT have your wedding here! This venue is disorganized, unaccommodating, and unprofessional in their dealings. I had my wedding and reception here in July 2014. It took the Celebrate at Snug Harbor team over 6 months to provide a decent contract -- due mainly to poor... Read More management (with no experience) overseeing our event. We were so frustrated with the management, that we ultimately asked only to deal with the owners. Even still, we received our contract only 2 weeks before our event, despite numerous phone calls and e-mail reminders about items we needed addressed. Had we not already been locked into the nearby hotel, we would not have moved forward with Celebrate at Snug Harbor. As a client, you can expect the Celebrate team will not be on top of e-mails or phone calls and will drop the ball unless you do their job for them. The Celebrate team even went back on their word about things they promised us and our caterer. As if this wasn't enough -- one week before the wedding, we found out the Celebrate team failed to let the landlord (the Parks Department) know where our tented reception was going to be held. This meant we did not have permission to pitch our tent at Snug Harbor. Our planner was luckily able to resolve everything days before the wedding, but with no help from Celebrate (who was trying to blame our tent company for their own mistakes). Hours before the reception, the Celebrate team threatened to cancel our reception!! They sent us numerous incorrect invoices in which they overcharged us by a couple of thousand dollars and refused to correct this. After 2 hrs of bickering on our wedding day, we finally came to an agreement. I would never recommend this venue to anyone. It's such a shame because Snug Harbor is such a beautiful, hidden gem, but Celebrate at Snug Harbor's management is unreliable and disorganized -- which I imagine will hurt them in the long run.

Beautiful venue but extremely disappointing service

Reviewed on 5/28/2014 Christine H

My husband and I got married in October 2013 - overall, the wedding was absolutely beautiful in large part because Snug Harbor itself is such a breathtaking venue. Our cocktail hour was held in the Tuscan Garden and the reception was held in the Great Hall. However, the... Read More entire wedding process was a nightmare. The communication we had between the staff - or lack-there-of - was completely unprofessional. We initially signed with one person who was fired (and we weren't told until months later), then assigned another person who "disappeared" on us. Finally we were given to Diane. In order to actually set-up a meeting or to get a question answered, I had to call and email several times. It was like pulling teeth in order to get someone on the phone. The whole time, instead of feeling like a happy, we're-getting-married couple, Snug Harbor made us feel like a burden. There was absolute no enthusiasm whatsoever. For the money we spent on our wedding and the fact it's a once-in-a-lifetime event, we should not have felt like this. After speaking with some other couples at the food tasting and also seeing poor reviews online, my husband and I decided to be pro-active and hire a day-of-coordinator. Although it turned out to be a great investment, I don't think it should have come to the point where we had to spend extra money to feel everything would run smoothly. I truly believe this is the only reason our wedding went as smoothly as it did. The level of miscommunication also affected the day of the wedding - there were things promised initially that never happened and staff was unaware of the bus situation we had, even though we had gone over it MANY times in previous meetings. In the end, we had a wonderful day, in large part because our other vendors were amazing, the food was great, and Snug Harbor in itself is gorgeous. However, my husband and I were extremely disappointed with the entire wedding-planning process. Planing a wedding is stressful enough and the team at Snug Harbor just added to that stress. However, I will say that I wrote the owner of Landmark Hospitality, Jeanne, an email after our wedding expressing our concerns and I received a very professional, heart-felt email back from her, which we really appreciated. She seemed to be very shocked and said she would be looking into the matter - I really hope, for the sake of future couples, that a lot of those issues were ironed out. In conclusion, I wouldn't say "no" to Snug Harbor - but just know ahead of time what you might be getting yourself into.

don't do it - just don't - only 1 star because 0 is not an option

Reviewed on 1/15/2014 Jennifer M

DO NOT GET MARRIED HERE - JUST DON'T - they do nothing that they say they will do. The food is good and the space is beautiful, but DO NOT have your wedding here. Trust the bad reviews because everything they said happened to us too. In short, the management pays you lip... Read More service and assures you they will handle everything just as you request - then the don't do anything. In the long: Prior to the event / admin issues: • Communication – never told that our contact had left, spent a month attempting to reach someone; we were given a new contact only to have her leave. We were not told about her leaving either and spent 2 weeks attempting to reach • Tasting /cake – never told that the venue switched the bakery it used; we were never told that we needed to make an appointment with the bakery for a cake tasting until the very end of our tasting when we were flying back to London (where we live) in less than 5 hours. Had we known we needed to make an appointment – we would have gone to the wrong place • Outdoor ceremony/cocktail – told repeatedly that an outdoor ceremony and cocktail would be great and lovely – when we realized lighting would be an issue, as in it would be dark outside at the time of our ceremony and there are no outdoor lights, something we would have expected the venue to mention, but we had to figure out on our own, we were told we could ‘bring lanterns’ – this was 3 days before the wedding. • Lighting for ceremony and cocktail – in an effort to fix the lighting situation we purchased upwards of $500 worth of lanterns and lights. We were told by the general manager, if we purchased lanterns, she would put them out for us – and assured us that she would put pebbles in the bottom so they didn’t blow away; she also specifically said that she would make sure the solar lights we had purchased would be charged and placed in the garden. She did neither of these things. Our coordinator put the solar lights out, but they had not remained properly charged and therefore did not work. Also, our coordinator had to organize other employees to put the lanterns out and had to use her own weights to hold them down. Nothing that we were told would be done was done by Snug Harbor • Lighting for ceremony and cocktail – we also purchased flood lights to be placed in the garden. When we dropped them off at Snug Harbor the day before we were assured by Patricia that they would be put out. At the last minute we were told that they needed approval from the parks department to put out the electric lights – had we been told this, we could have planned in advance and spoken to our contacts to get permission. • Lemon House – we received special permission from Snug Harbor (not the part run by the Landmark) to have the Lemon House open during our ceremony; we were assured by the general manager that it would be left in impeccable order – when we returned to check on things the next day, we found the door hanging wide open. • Programs – we specifically indicated that we had programs and asked that they be distributed by the ushers – this was overlooked until guests were seated and we had to have our friends get them to the ushers to distribute. • Linens – we requested navy napkins, but ended up with orange. • Beverages – we specifically requested Prosecco – this was ignored. The list continues but I'm out of characters - hopefully you get the idea - DON'T USE THIS VENUE!!!

Gorgeous wedding !

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Hoi I

We got married this past Sept at Snug Harbor. We looked at a few places last year and was just so in love with the look and feel of this place that we booked it. The whole process was fairly easy. Our original contact person ended up leaving early this year and I was... Read More worried! But her replacement Diane was great! She answered me e-mails promptly and sometimes I would just call and she answered my questions. They day of: We had our ceremony in the Tuscan Garden and everything was perfect. All the chairs were set up as I wanted and it was just so pretty. The cocktail hour was downstairs in the great hall and the reception was upstairs. I had no major problems with the staff and got no complaints. My bridal attendant Sam was seriously a god send! She was patience and was able to deal with all my VIPs and myself. I took off 1 star for Snug Harbor b/c the meat entree during reception was overcooked and dry. Also b/c a lot of people said they didn't get a slice of cake. I'm assuming the waiters didn't put it down b/c people were not at their seats? I e-mailed Diane after the wedding to let her know that and she said she would speak to the maitre'd. all in all no regrets w/having our big day here. it was everything we hope it to be!

The Great Plunge

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Cris F

I don’t know where to start. I have nothing but praise for Celebrate at Snug Harbor. They made our wedding a dream come true. We had our wedding on 6/29/2013. The Ceremony was in the Tuscan Garden, and it was absolutely beautiful with the roses in bloom. The reception was in the... Read More Great Hall, which was also breathtaking. I only scheduled an appointment to look at Snug Harbor, because I grew up on birthday parties at Snug Harbor’s Children’s Museum, and my family have volunteered at the botanical gardens when we were younger. The moment we stepped into the Great Hall, it was love at first sight. We booked the place 1.5 years in advance with Jeanmarie. She was extremely helpful, but she left the company 6 months before the wedding. Anastasia followed up with us, and Diane became our primary point of contact. Diane was extremely helpful and quick to answer emails and phone calls. She was so helpful during our finals meeting and picking out our menu. She was available day of, and then our maitre’d took over during the ceremony and reception. Our bridal attendant was Sam (not sure if that is short for Samantha), and our Maitre’d was David. They were both excellent. David came to our rehearsal to speak to our wedding planner about any last minute details that he might have missed. We have a lot of bridesmaids, so we had our hair and make-up done at the hotel. Even so, we arrived to drop our things off in the Snug Harbor bridal suite, and Sam already had champagne bottles on ice with snacks waiting for us. She had beer ready for the groomsmen while they waited for photos to start. She made sure everyone knew where to go and which times. When we got back from our photo shoot during cocktail hour, Sam had a selection of our cocktail hour waiting for us on a plate in our bridal suite. She also made sure that we had a drink or food throughout the whole night. Then she carefully packaged all of our belongings and leftovers with sweet notes ready to be brought to the car. Sam and David made the whole day so easy and relaxing. They took care of our grandparents and any guests who had any handicap. There is a service elevator, but the walk to the elevator is a bit long. Our grandparents opted to just take the stairs earlier before the reception started. It got hot in the Great Hall. The park is in charge of the AC, so the staff had to call the park security to lower the temperature. That wasn’t too difficult. Overall, our guests loved the venue. Everyone raved about the food at cocktail hour and dinner. A few people said the carving station was amazing. The staff was extremely helpful from set-up all the way to breakdown. I feel like I am rambling on, but there’s just too many positives about Celebrate at Snug Harbor. It’s a unique venue that takes your away from the hustle and bustle of NYC.

Beautiful location, good food, but not organizers

Reviewed on 6/30/2013 Ulyana D

We had out wedding on 5/26/2013. This was the second time we used this venue. Once for my birthday and second time for our wedding. Both times we booked with Jeanmarie. She was fantastic. However half way to our wedding she left and we were working with Diane. It wasn't the... Read More same. During the process it was ok, she helped us with our planning process. As soon as they received a final payment, it's like we didn't matter any more. I had to schedule a pick-up for the linens that we rented and it took us over a week to have her email me a correct picture of the label so I could call and give a tracking number. Very frustrating. I also felt like we were never quite on the same page. But the venue and food are very good. They are great with liquor, priced very reasonably. The servin staff was great too. I would love to use this venue again but not while Diane is working there.

zero rating not one star no star

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 naima d

i had my ceremony in the chinese scholar gardens beautiful there but nothing I paid for was done they don't return call's I will be taking them to small claim's court. Very unprofessional

Ruined the day

Reviewed on 1/23/2013 Kelly C

Words cannot describe the hell this company put us through. We spent 25000 for a wedding. Our contact person left and we were never notified. The new one went to Vegas the week before our wedding. In her haste, she failed to give correct instructions to the kitchen and they... Read More could not produce the dishes we paid for--many of which we paid extra for. The party was understaffed. I had no bridal attendant even though that was promised. Broken glass shattered and went neglected. The wedding coordinator left the site during cocktail hour when she sensed things were going wrong. Before she left, she promised us a refund. She 'quit' right after our wedding. We tried to tell our story to Landmark Hospitality and the owner, Jeanne Cretella. She has not responded to me in about a month. Please have your wedding elsewhere. Its not worth ruining your most important day.

Beautiful place unhelpful coordinator

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Deirdre M

My husband and I fell in love with Snug Harbor. We were so pleased, until crunch time. The managerial staff left much to be desired and caused more stress then he/she helped.