Ceremonies By Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart

PROUD MEMBER OF THE KNOT's HALL OF FAME!

Religious Affiliations

Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Presbyterian, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

30 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL PROUD MEMBER OF THE KNOT's HALL OF FAME! (773) 495-0228

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Ashley F

I don’t even know where to start with Dr. Elizabeth. She is wonderful, kind, intelligent and creative and made our wedding ceremony hilarious, sweet and unforgettable. Literally almost every single guest of our 120 person Wedding told my husband and I that our officiant was... Read More fantastic, well spoken, funny and did an amazing job. Our guests told us that our ceremony was enjoyable and it was one of the most memorable and best ones they have experienced because of Elizabeth’s beautiful story telling abilities. I can’t thank Elizabeth enough for her hard work, communication and dedication to our wedding and I highly, highly, HIGHLY, recommend her to officiate your wedding. For a reference my husband and I are not religious at all, our wedding was free of religion and it was still beautiful and everyone loved I! Elizabeth still does offer religious and spiritual services and worked with us well on customizing our experience :)

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Erica W

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart went above and beyond to deliver such a beautiful and personal wedding ceremony that we will always remember. She made our interfaith ceremony extremely special and understanding to guests of both sides. The extra address was a perfect way to wrap up... Read More our whole relationship and express that into the ceremony which was a combination of insight, humor, and most importantly love. One thing that was important to us was to find an officiant that does marriage coaching. We met with Elizabeth a couple times prior to the ceremony, and I must say, her coaching sessions really helped me relieve stress and gave me a new and more positive way of looking at future issues. We felt comfortable talking to her and these sessions allowed her to get to know us much better making the actual wedding and nerves of the ceremony much more comforting. If you want a great officiant that really personalizes your ceremony to your special wants and needs, Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart will provide you with an incredibly memorable and beautiful ceremony. Our guests are still telling us how great of a job she did. We are very happy we chose her!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Denise T

After our initial meeting with Elizabeth, we were excited for her to officiate our wedding and she did not disappoint! We were planning our wedding from another state, but having it in the Chicago area. Elizabeth was flexible with us, offering to have meetings via phone, and... Read More communicating via email so we did not have to make so many trips to Chicago in the planning process. The day of our ceremony, Elizabeth was very professional and had a calming effect on my "nerves". She orchestrated our ceremony wonderfully, and she kept things flowing smoothly. Everyone in attendance commented on how beautiful and intimate our ceremony was and how much they loved the blessing stones (which was something she suggested since our venue didn't allow for candles, etc.). Bryant and I were very happy to have Elizabeth officiate on our wedding day and would highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Kristen J

Elizabeth delivered a wonderful ceremony that was exactly what we were hoping for. We didn’t want a religious ceremony, but we still wanted the content to be meaningful and reflect the significance of our love and commitment. Elizabeth worked with us to achieve the perfect... Read More balance, and the end result was personalized and memorable. In addition, she was lovely to work with, and she made the whole process enjoyable and straightforward.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Rachel H

We had Elizabeth officiate for our small wedding over memorial day weekend. We had the best experience with Elizabeth and she customized our ceremony beautifully. My husband and I aren't overly emotional (even during our wedding) and we're not religious at all, but we still... Read More wanted a warm and meaningful ceremony. Admittedly, that is a hard balance to strike, but Elizabeth did it perfectly. My mother (emotional and relgious, haha) was gushing after the ceremony how much she liked it as well. I would highly recommend Elizabeth to anyone looking for a professional and excellent officiant.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Brittany C

Dr. Elizabeth Anne-Stewart gets 5 stars from us! She officiated our wedding and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to do! She is kind, genuine, beautiful inside and out, and wonderful at public speaking. Many of our guests wanted to know how we found her! We were lucky that our... Read More venue told us to choose her and how great she is! She made every part of the process easy. We are from out of state and she worked with us through email and on the phone. I couldn't believe how much work she put into it. You can tell she loves doing weddings because she is so natural at it! Choose her for your wedding venue you won't be dissapointed.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Chelsea S

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart was amazing. She included our daughter in everything and was very attentive to our wishes. Very fast communication between her when needed and the ceremony was beautiful. Everyone loved her-some even took a business card from her! I would definitely... Read More recommend her to anyone that is looking for an officiant for their wedding. You wont be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 sally p

Dr. Elizabeth Anne Stewart officiated at our wedding on June 16, 2017 in South Bend, Indiana. Let me begin by saying that she greatly assisted with our planning for the ceremony. This was a small wedding which we planned ourselves. Finding the right person to lead the wedding... Read More had to be accomplished long distance. It was the most significant aspect of the planning, so finding Dr. Stewart late in the process was propitious. We cannot say enough about how special she made the vows and and made us feel as a couple. She is a deeply spiritual person which set the tone for the entire event. Dr. Stewart is as much a part of our event memories as our wedding party. Sally Packard and Katharine Kuharic

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Jon L

Elizabeth officiated our wedding and we could not have asked for a better wedding officiant. We were going to have a close friend be our officiant, but he ended up having to cancel. So we came to Elizabeth about two months before our wedding. We opted for a non-religious... Read More ceremony with a personalized address. Despite relatively little time before the wedding, and a few personal things she was taking care of, she spent time getting to know us and putting together the most touching and beautifully written ceremony. We had many comments from our guest about how unique the ceremony was and how it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. Many of our guests even thought she was a personal friend of ours since she just knew so much about our history together and she even shed a tear during the ceremony. Elizabeth is amazing and we cannot recommend her enough.

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Minnie Z

We met with Elizabeth at a local coffee shop prior to our wedding and she was personable, genuine, soft spoken, and kind. She prepared a rough draft of our personalized wedding ceremony prior to our meeting and asked for our input. She walked us through customizing our ceremony... Read More to exactly how we wanted it. The whole communication process prior to the wedding was seamless. We got to know her and was fascinated by her life stories and we felt very comfortable with her towards the end of the meeting. Since we didn't have a rehearsal the night before the wedding, Elizabeth was willing to arrive to the ceremony an hour early for a quick walk through rehearsal prior to the ceremony. She conducted the entire ceremony with grace. We both felt that Elizabeth helped us feel at ease during our ceremony.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Beth S

She was so easy to work with and is able to guide you if you aren't sure what you want as well as accomodate any personal touches. Guests thought she was fabulous and did a wonderful ceremony.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Jim C

Elizabeth-Anne Stewart did an outstanding job with our wedding ceremony. We received many, many compliments from our guests - in particular our families. We appreciate the thought and care she put into crafting a ceremony that fit us so perfectly. From our first meeting until... Read More our recessional, Elizabeth was a joy to work with. We happily recommend her.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Jen H

I was lucky enough to learn about Elizabeth Anne Stewart through someone in my family after looking through the hundreds of options online. From the first moment I talked to Elizabeth on the phone, I knew she would be perfect for our wedding. Elizabeth is very experienced and... Read More professional in what she does and is open to making your ceremony exactly what you envision. My husband and I live out of state and after just one meeting with her she was able to nail down our personalities and put together a beautiful draft of our ceremony. Not only is she great at her profession, she is very personable and helpful with any questions I had. I wouldn't look any further for an officiant! Thank you Elizabeth!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Maggie D

This review is overdue, but needs to be done. Dr. Stewart made our wedding day absolutely perfect with a meaningful, heartfelt, short and sweet ceremony. She was happy to listen to our specifications and was a delight to work with. All of our friends and family said our ceremony... Read More was one of the sweetest they had ever heard.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Lexi N

Dr. Stewart is a phenomenal officiant! She gave us several options for the ceremony, from short to long, with and without using religious terms which we really appreciated. She saved us tons of time by providing many reading options to choose from. She was very patient with us... Read More and walked us through the procession and order of events, which is something we didn't have much knowledge about prior to meeting with her. Not only was she professional and organized, but she brought a level of detail and personalization which made the ceremony perfectly unique to us. Our guests were so impressed with her! Her ceremony included how we met, got engaged, and the little details of our lives together. Last but not least, she added an air of fun and humor to the ceremony that we really loved, it was fun yet romantic, and really set the tone for the rest of our wedding. Choose Dr. Stewart, you'll be so happy you did!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Ralene T

Beautiful ceremony. Everything we asked for. Exceptional professionalism. Wonderful photographer. Would highly reccommend!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Lauren J

The ceremony of our wedding was very important to us. We didn't want anything too traditional, but we still wanted it to be serious, intimate, and our own. Elizabeth Anne Stewart did an excellent job working with us to create the perfect ceremony. It was worth it to pay the... Read More extra to have the ability for additional changes. Because we wanted it to be outside the box, it took us about 3 drafts, not including an hour long coffee meetup with EAS. Many of our guests told us how fantastic the ceremony was, which is a testament to EAS's charisma, poise, and brilliance (how many guests actually enjoy a ceremony?)... ;)

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Nikka G

Dr Stewart made our ceremony so special!! I had so many compliments from our guests about her. We were completely at ease. Very professional. Highly recommend her!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016

Dr. Stewart was an amazing officiant! She took the time and even met with us to plan a wonderful ceremony with her wonderful and touching original poems written by her. She was friendly, professional and made the ceremony extra special! Will definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Jennifer K

Elizabeth – Anne Stewart was amazing. My husband and I going into our wedding ceremony were uncomfortable being the center of attention and did not want to feel pressured or embarrassed but also wanted a ceremony that was simple and meaningful to the both of us. We began... Read More our search looking for a non-denominational officiant and one that had experience with hand-fasting. It was a pleasure working with Elizabeth from the very beginning and she offers many options as far as ceremonies. We went with her Short and Sweet option and requested her skills as a photographer. It’s a lot to ask from one person in one very important day! The planning was simple, we met with Elizabeth and went over some of the options. She has many beautiful ceremony examples and can incorporate different types of ceremonies. The day before the wedding was tense as there was impending rain for our outdoor ceremony and thanks for Elizabeth and our venue owner Marcy we came up with a beautiful option for indoors that was intimate and more perfect than we could imagine, it took all of the stress out of the situation. We received so many compliments on our ceremony (my father- in- law timed it at 16 minutes long, which is perfect!) and left us more time for photos before and after. The rain held off just enough for us to do some shots with my husband and I and family members around the grounds outside. Throughout the chaos of our ever present family, Elizabeth was patient and instructive. Since we weren’t comfortable being the center of attention, we anticipated photos being difficult for us but thanks for Elizabeth’s guidance and personality we had a great time and I am amazed at how the photos turned out, my only wish is that I had someone focused on getting all the shots we wanted with family/bridal party since I was kind of in a whirl-wind and some of our other family members got a little pushy with shots they wanted. I personally consider myself a control freak, and I am so beyond pleased with how special our day was and that I’m always going to look back on how great of an experience it was and how little control I needed to have because I had the right people working together. Our family and guests loved her and I highly recommend working with her, it was a truly a pleasure.

2016-06-14T20:47:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this review beyond all reviews -- I really appreciate the time you took to write this! As for your wedding, it was a delight to both officiate and provide professional photography to capture you, your bridal party and your families.Between the historical... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Sara R

Elizabeth provided my husband and I the absolute best ceremony we could have imagined. Not only did she take the time to know us, she asked the right questions to ensure we had exactly what we were looking for. We each had guests approach us after the ceremony to comment about... Read More how Elizabeth helped everyone feel at ease and enjoy the ceremony. Our guests also loved the personal stories she told and talked about how much it added to our ceremony. I highly recommend Elizabeth as an officiant!

2016-03-23T20:31:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, Sara. It was delightful getting to know you and Dan over the last few months -- made planning the ceremony so much easier! I know you will share a wonderful future together, and look forward to all the updates!

Reviewed on 2/16/2016

Elizabeth was wonderful. She performed a beautiful ceremony for us with grace and style. We couldn't have asked for better.

Our Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/08/2015

Elizabeth was most pleasant and accommodating to work with. She tailored our ceremony to fit our wants and needs. Her premarital planning sessions covered all the aspects of our ceremony and her suggestions were spot on. Communicating with her was very easy and she was always... Read More available to answer questions and help. Her tone and demeanor during the ceremony was very relaxing and the added pre and post ceremony photography was a most pleasant surprise. We HIGHLY recommend her for your wedding...she IS remarkable!

2015-12-08T17:30:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Linda and Tom. It was delightful working with the two of you and your story is quite inspirational-- a real testimony to faith, love and the quest for the impossible!

Wonderful, Unique Ceremony

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart was a true pleasure to work with and takes great pride in her work. She is easy to talk to, very accountable and has a colorful personality that makes her even more likable. I would highly recommend her for anyone looking to have a very personal and... Read More special ceremony that you can design together. All of my guests were very impressed with our ceremony, as well as Elizabeth.

2015-11-16T15:02:25 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, Nicole. It was a delight to work with you and Brian and to help you create a ceremony that truly reflected you as a couple. I wish you both much happiness!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Lauren A

We were so thrilled with the ceremony that Elizabeth put together for us. She was so flexible, accommodating and made changes up to the last minute for us as we started getting "feedback" from family :) We would HIGHLY recommend Elizabeth to anyone getting married and think that... Read More she offered the best and most personalized ceremony we could have hoped for at the absolutely best price for anyone's budget (we did our research!) Thank you, Elizabeth for everything you did for our wedding!

2015-10-24T22:30:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this review -- it was so gratifying to see that everyone was happy in the end, even if family members may have been more accustomed to church settings. Your wedding really proved that it is possible to have a ceremony that... Read Less Read More