Ceremonies By Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart

PROUD MEMBER OF THE KNOT's HALL OF FAME!

Religious Affiliations

Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Presbyterian, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

30 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL PROUD MEMBER OF THE KNOT's HALL OF FAME! (773) 495-0228

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Jim C

Elizabeth-Anne Stewart did an outstanding job with our wedding ceremony. We received many, many compliments from our guests - in particular our families. We appreciate the thought and care she put into crafting a ceremony that fit us so perfectly. From our first meeting until... Read More our recessional, Elizabeth was a joy to work with. We happily recommend her.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Jen H

I was lucky enough to learn about Elizabeth Anne Stewart through someone in my family after looking through the hundreds of options online. From the first moment I talked to Elizabeth on the phone, I knew she would be perfect for our wedding. Elizabeth is very experienced and... Read More professional in what she does and is open to making your ceremony exactly what you envision. My husband and I live out of state and after just one meeting with her she was able to nail down our personalities and put together a beautiful draft of our ceremony. Not only is she great at her profession, she is very personable and helpful with any questions I had. I wouldn't look any further for an officiant! Thank you Elizabeth!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Maggie D

This review is overdue, but needs to be done. Dr. Stewart made our wedding day absolutely perfect with a meaningful, heartfelt, short and sweet ceremony. She was happy to listen to our specifications and was a delight to work with. All of our friends and family said our ceremony... Read More was one of the sweetest they had ever heard.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Lexi N

Dr. Stewart is a phenomenal officiant! She gave us several options for the ceremony, from short to long, with and without using religious terms which we really appreciated. She saved us tons of time by providing many reading options to choose from. She was very patient with us... Read More and walked us through the procession and order of events, which is something we didn't have much knowledge about prior to meeting with her. Not only was she professional and organized, but she brought a level of detail and personalization which made the ceremony perfectly unique to us. Our guests were so impressed with her! Her ceremony included how we met, got engaged, and the little details of our lives together. Last but not least, she added an air of fun and humor to the ceremony that we really loved, it was fun yet romantic, and really set the tone for the rest of our wedding. Choose Dr. Stewart, you'll be so happy you did!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Ralene T

Beautiful ceremony. Everything we asked for. Exceptional professionalism. Wonderful photographer. Would highly reccommend!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Lauren J

The ceremony of our wedding was very important to us. We didn't want anything too traditional, but we still wanted it to be serious, intimate, and our own. Elizabeth Anne Stewart did an excellent job working with us to create the perfect ceremony. It was worth it to pay the... Read More extra to have the ability for additional changes. Because we wanted it to be outside the box, it took us about 3 drafts, not including an hour long coffee meetup with EAS. Many of our guests told us how fantastic the ceremony was, which is a testament to EAS's charisma, poise, and brilliance (how many guests actually enjoy a ceremony?)... ;)

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Nikka G

Dr Stewart made our ceremony so special!! I had so many compliments from our guests about her. We were completely at ease. Very professional. Highly recommend her!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016

Dr. Stewart was an amazing officiant! She took the time and even met with us to plan a wonderful ceremony with her wonderful and touching original poems written by her. She was friendly, professional and made the ceremony extra special! Will definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Jennifer K

Elizabeth – Anne Stewart was amazing. My husband and I going into our wedding ceremony were uncomfortable being the center of attention and did not want to feel pressured or embarrassed but also wanted a ceremony that was simple and meaningful to the both of us. We began... Read More our search looking for a non-denominational officiant and one that had experience with hand-fasting. It was a pleasure working with Elizabeth from the very beginning and she offers many options as far as ceremonies. We went with her Short and Sweet option and requested her skills as a photographer. It’s a lot to ask from one person in one very important day! The planning was simple, we met with Elizabeth and went over some of the options. She has many beautiful ceremony examples and can incorporate different types of ceremonies. The day before the wedding was tense as there was impending rain for our outdoor ceremony and thanks for Elizabeth and our venue owner Marcy we came up with a beautiful option for indoors that was intimate and more perfect than we could imagine, it took all of the stress out of the situation. We received so many compliments on our ceremony (my father- in- law timed it at 16 minutes long, which is perfect!) and left us more time for photos before and after. The rain held off just enough for us to do some shots with my husband and I and family members around the grounds outside. Throughout the chaos of our ever present family, Elizabeth was patient and instructive. Since we weren’t comfortable being the center of attention, we anticipated photos being difficult for us but thanks for Elizabeth’s guidance and personality we had a great time and I am amazed at how the photos turned out, my only wish is that I had someone focused on getting all the shots we wanted with family/bridal party since I was kind of in a whirl-wind and some of our other family members got a little pushy with shots they wanted. I personally consider myself a control freak, and I am so beyond pleased with how special our day was and that I’m always going to look back on how great of an experience it was and how little control I needed to have because I had the right people working together. Our family and guests loved her and I highly recommend working with her, it was a truly a pleasure.

2016-06-14T20:47:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this review beyond all reviews -- I really appreciate the time you took to write this! As for your wedding, it was a delight to both officiate and provide professional photography to capture you, your bridal party and your families.Between the historical... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Sara R

Elizabeth provided my husband and I the absolute best ceremony we could have imagined. Not only did she take the time to know us, she asked the right questions to ensure we had exactly what we were looking for. We each had guests approach us after the ceremony to comment about... Read More how Elizabeth helped everyone feel at ease and enjoy the ceremony. Our guests also loved the personal stories she told and talked about how much it added to our ceremony. I highly recommend Elizabeth as an officiant!

2016-03-23T20:31:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, Sara. It was delightful getting to know you and Dan over the last few months -- made planning the ceremony so much easier! I know you will share a wonderful future together, and look forward to all the updates!

Reviewed on 2/16/2016

Elizabeth was wonderful. She performed a beautiful ceremony for us with grace and style. We couldn't have asked for better.

Our Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/08/2015

Elizabeth was most pleasant and accommodating to work with. She tailored our ceremony to fit our wants and needs. Her premarital planning sessions covered all the aspects of our ceremony and her suggestions were spot on. Communicating with her was very easy and she was always... Read More available to answer questions and help. Her tone and demeanor during the ceremony was very relaxing and the added pre and post ceremony photography was a most pleasant surprise. We HIGHLY recommend her for your wedding...she IS remarkable!

2015-12-08T17:30:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Linda and Tom. It was delightful working with the two of you and your story is quite inspirational-- a real testimony to faith, love and the quest for the impossible!

Wonderful, Unique Ceremony

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart was a true pleasure to work with and takes great pride in her work. She is easy to talk to, very accountable and has a colorful personality that makes her even more likable. I would highly recommend her for anyone looking to have a very personal and... Read More special ceremony that you can design together. All of my guests were very impressed with our ceremony, as well as Elizabeth.

2015-11-16T15:02:25 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, Nicole. It was a delight to work with you and Brian and to help you create a ceremony that truly reflected you as a couple. I wish you both much happiness!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Lauren A

We were so thrilled with the ceremony that Elizabeth put together for us. She was so flexible, accommodating and made changes up to the last minute for us as we started getting "feedback" from family :) We would HIGHLY recommend Elizabeth to anyone getting married and think that... Read More she offered the best and most personalized ceremony we could have hoped for at the absolutely best price for anyone's budget (we did our research!) Thank you, Elizabeth for everything you did for our wedding!

2015-10-24T22:30:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for this review -- it was so gratifying to see that everyone was happy in the end, even if family members may have been more accustomed to church settings. Your wedding really proved that it is possible to have a ceremony that... Read Less Read More

Fantastic - Witty and Warm Officiant!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Kristen K

From the first email through to the ceremony, Elizabeth was wonderful to work with. She put us at ease, and helped us to create a ceremony that had just the right amount of religious and secular touches to suit both sides of the family. Her warm, witty and kind approach to the... Read More address left guests with a lasting memory, and helped them to learn a bit more of our love story :) It was truly exactly what I was looking for in an officiant, and I highly recommend her.

2015-10-20T22:48:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Kristen: I so enjoyed working with you and Mike to create the perfect ceremony! You provided wonderful love stories and I simply wove them into the script. A beautiful experience in a beautiful setting!

Simply Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart is an amazing officiant! She is extremely nice and easy to work with, and that's just a couple of reasons why I would highly recommend her to anyone. We didn't have the pleasure of meeting Elizabeth until the day of our wedding, but had several phone... Read More conversations leading up to the big day. We told her we were looking for a light hearted ceremony that included a couple of personal stories and she gave us just what we wanted. On the wedding day, she arrived to the ceremony site about 45 minutes early and went over last minute details with us, which was great and extremely helpful. If you are looking for an officiant that's personable, affordable, funny, and kind then Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart is your lady! She is wonderful and will give you a fantastic, personal, and beautiful ceremony.

2015-10-18T22:00:52 Response from the vendor

Your comments mean a great deal to me -- it's my pleasure to help make each wedding ceremony a memorable event for all the right reasons! Guests may remember the beautiful view and bitter winds, but it is good to know that their hearts were... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

My wife and I got married on the Spirit Of Chicago on September 12, 2015. Our first phone call with Elizabeth lasted 45 minutes. She was extremely friendly and overwhelmingly thorough. She asked questions about our ceremony Karen and I never even thought about. Examples would be... Read More "love letters" Karen and I wrote to each other to re3ad at the ceremony, and the pouring of different colored sand to demonstrate many new people coming together to form a new family. Elizabeth suggested that since I am from Indiana to get sand from the Indiana Dunes, and Karen is from Illinois so we got her sand at Oak Street beach. Everyone at our ceremony enjoyed the personal touches they witnessed and shared with us. Thanks Elizabeth for making our day so special.

2015-10-17T00:15:15 Response from the vendor

And thank you for being a special couple to work with! The Sand Ceremony turned out beautifully -- it was delightful to see all the children participate in what was truly a family event. Together you created quite a work of art!

Absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

My husband and I are both very shy people, and from the beginning of our wedding planning, we knew we wanted a private ceremony--just the two of us and an officiant. We also wanted something more personalized than the courthouse. We're so glad we found Elizabeth! We chose the... Read More "Just I Do" option and the ceremony was a perfect fit for our introverted personalities. It was a short ceremony, but very special, and we loved it. Elizabeth also did a photo session with us after the ceremony, and the photos turned out wonderfully. Plus, she was easy to work with and always responded to our emails promptly. It was an altogether lovely experience--we couldn't be happier with her services! We highly recommend her to other couples.

2015-10-08T16:29:00 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for sharing these comments! It was delightful working with the two of you and meeting two people who are so very much in love! May you spend many, many happy years together!

Meets high expectation!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

Our best choice was choosing Dr Elizabeth to officiate our wedding. I first came across her profile through this website and continued to read her own website. Everything from the first email contact to all the details leading up to the wedding was great, flawless, attentive.... Read More I am so glad we had chosen Elizabeth. Her style of the ceremony was perfect for what we were looking for and she is so professional and friendly to work with. Thank you again for everything!

2015-09-27T18:36:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much, Jenny -- I can't believe you took the time to write this review on your honeymoon!It was a delight working with you and Danilo-- the international dimensions made your ceremony all the more special! An auspicious beginning!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Heather S

Dr. Stewart was very professional and lovely to work with! She officiated over our wedding on September 5th and did a wonderful job for us. We would recommend her to everyone!

2015-09-15T13:56:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Heather! It was a very short, very sweet ceremony, with some memorable moments! I will never forget the "For richer, for poorer" moment -- that was classic! Warmest Regards to both of you! Elizabeth

Perfect ceremony!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2015

Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart was so wonderful and truly made our wedding day extra special. As soon as we spoke to her on the phone we knew she was perfect. She really understood what we wanted and gave us the most perfect wedding ceremony I could have imagined! There was a touch... Read More of humor, a couple very meaningful passages and all around just incredibly special ceremony. I highly recommend Dr. Elizabeth-Anne Stewart!

2015-08-14T14:38:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much--- I love what I do, especially when couples are involved in the planning process and want the ceremony to be special! You had a beautiful wedding on a beautiful day -- a great beginning for married life!

Amazing Officiant - Very Personal Ceremony

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Lindsey N

We worked with Elizabeth to develop and hold our wedding ceremony at the Shakespeare Garden in Evanston. She was truly a joy to work with, and took the time to listen to us and incorporate unique aspects about our story and personalities into the ceremony. She even suggested... Read More incorporating a ceremonial tree planting - which was not only extremely appropriate for us (as we're setting down roots with each other and at a new home) but was one of the highlights of the ceremony. Our ceremony was non-religious but Elizabeth very appropriately incorporated spirituality in a way that was comfortable and inspiring for both us and our guests. We would highly recommend working with Elizabeth on your wedding ceremony - whether you're looking for unique or traditional, religious or non-relgious.

2015-08-13T14:38:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Lindsey! I love the Shakespeare Garden and it was perfect for your intimate gathering! Having soil from both Illinois and Iowa, your childhood homes, added to the Tree Ceremony, and the tree seemed much happier after a good watering! I hope it produces many... Read Less Read More

Superb

Reviewed on 8/07/2015

Elizabeth was the entire package. To start, she invited us into her home where we got to sit and talk with her about what we wanted for our big day. Over the next couple weeks she hand wrote the vows with us. She encouraged us to have fun and be different which ended up making... Read More the day that much better. Even up till the last few days she edited the vows with us. Elizabeth was timely, respectful and very knowledgeable on all accounts of the wedding. Her personality shined in the ceremony with funny comments to make our guests and us laugh. I highly suggest using Elizabeth for your wedding ceremony, she was worth every penny and more.

2015-08-07T21:25:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Lauren! I'm glad all the guests could laugh, even on such a hot day. Once the ceremony began, I don't think anyone noticed the heat. Koten Chapel was a charming setting-- perfect in every way. I'm delighted that you invited me to officiate!

Excellent officiant!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Elizabeth R

We absolutely loved having Elizabeth officiate our wedding ceremony! Elizabeth was a pleasure to work with, and she was very helpful in pulling everything together. She was very involved during the planning process and had a lot of great ideas to ensure our ceremony would be the... Read More perfect mix of humor and tradition. We received a ton of compliments from our guests, and some said that ours was the best ceremony they've ever attended! We couldn't have asked for a better officiant to work with on our special day! Thank you Elizabeth!!

2015-07-17T20:09:22 Response from the vendor

And thank you, Elizabeth, for taking the time to write this. It was a pleasure working with you and Tom and I'm delighted you will have many happy memories of your wedding and your numerous celebrations!

Great Wedding Officiant

Reviewed on 7/03/2015

We used Elizabeth as the officiant for our wedding and were very happy with the service she provided. She had some great suggestions for the wedding ceremony and willingly incorporated things that we wanted included in the ceremony. We wanted the ceremony to be a religious... Read More ceremony which she was happy to do. Elizabeth was helpful with the preparation of our ceremony and was on time and prepared the day of the wedding. We could not have asked for more.

2015-07-03T16:41:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Diane. It was a pleasure to work with both of you to create a ceremony that truly reflected your family and values. The children were wonderful and their involvement added much joy to the ceremony! Many Blessings! Elizabeth