Cescaphe Event Group

Philadelphia, PA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Cescaphe Event Group is a premier wedding brand in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, area. The company was founded in 2003 and is made up of a team of trend-setting event coordinators. Cescaphe Event Group offers their wedding planning services as well as their amazing event venues to brides and grooms searching for the ideal place to hold their wedding festivities.

Cescaphe Ballroom is an elegant venue that seats from 150 to 300 wedding guests. It features old-world style with cathedral ceilings, gold and crystal chandeliers, hand-carved wood moldings and elegant ceiling draperies. This 4,500-square-foot facility has a baby grand piano, a dessert area and a garden courtyard.

The Atrium at Curtis Center is a historic venue that features a Tiffany mosaic mural, hand-carved marble accents, a stained glass window, marble floors, crystal chandeliers and palatial columns. This 12-story atrium event space holds as many as 500 wedding guests.

Tendenza is an ultra-chic event venue that's housed inside an industrial space in the Northern Liberties neighborhood. It features three levels of cocktail space as well as a huge ballroom. The venue has beamed ceilings, exposed brick walls, brushed aluminum lighting, a large dance floor and floor-to-ceiling mirrors. Tendenza accommodates from 150 to 240 guests for a wedding.

Water Works is an event venue for 100 to 175 guests. This event space is a National Historic Landmark that offers breathtaking views of the city skyline and Boat House Row. Water Works features iron and crystal chandeliers, tiled and hardwood floors, towering columns and a veranda with custom tenting.

The Down Town Club is located in Old City and offers amazing views of the Ben Franklin Bridge and Independence Mall. This space covers 3,000 square feet, holds 125 to 220 guests and features hand-carved moldings, inlaid marble floors and antique chandeliers.

Vie is a huge cocktail space that holds 175 to 600 guests. It features custom bars, an imported arched tile mosaic, silk curtains and a two-story reception room. This space also has its own urban courtyard.

Cescaphe Event Group offers an assortment of wedding packages for each of these amazing venues. All packages include an event manager, event chef, head server, maitre d' and valet manager to oversee the entire event.

The Exclusive Six Hour Reception package entitles the bride and groom to exclusive use of the venue of their choice for their wedding day. It starts with a one and a half-hour cocktail hour with top shelf liquors. In the ballroom, guests find elegant place settings at stylish tables with chiavari chairs and custom table linens. The package includes a three-course plated dinner, a chilled champagne toast and table-side service.

The Cocktail Hour & A Half package includes champagne, a selection of cocktails, cold food stations, interactive food stations attended by chefs and butler passed hors d'oeuvres. High and low cocktail tables are set with votive candles and background music is provided.

Wedding Ceremony packages include a pre-ceremony champagne greeting for guests as well as light refreshments stationed at the bar. A variety of customized items are available for wedding ceremonies including chiavari chairs.

Perks of hosting a wedding at a Cescaphe Events venue include:

• Private bridal suites
  • Lounge areas
  • Custom dance floors
  • Built-in stage and lights
  • Valet parking
  • Coat check
  • Vintage trolley transportation

Philadelphia's Premier Wedding Brand

Cescaphe Event Group operates Philadelphia’s top wedding venues, orchestrating weddings at Cescaphe Ballroom, Atrium at Curtis Center, Tendenza, Vie, Down Town Club and Water Works. Our distinctively unique, gorgeously appointed wedding venues are conveniently located throughout the heart of Center City, easily accessible from New York, New Jersey, Delaware, and throughout Pennsylvania. Our team of trend-setting experts will coordinate extraordinary celebrations to exceed any couple’s wedding dreams. To schedule a tour or find out more information please visit www.cescaphe.com/contact or call us at 215.238.5750.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Bow2010
Bow2008 09

1412 Mount Vernon Street, Philadelphia, PA (215) 238-5750

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Lauren N

There isn’t enough we can say about how amazing the Cescaphe event group is!! From the time we booked the venue (The Atrium at the Curtis Center), I knew we were in good hands.  Everyone I spoke with was knowledgable and accommodating with any questions I had throughout our... Read More planning process (and I had a lot!). Dawn Mullan was so helpful at our menu meeting - ensuring we understood the many options we had. Jessica Kerrigan was hands down the most WONDERFUL Event Manager we could have asked for - She was so pleasant to work with, and she made the week before the wedding completely stress-free. On our wedding day, Jessica and Colin were just incredible. We forgot the boutonniers for the groomsmen, and Colin had someone go back to our hotel to get them. Colin made sure we had everything we could need, and Jessica ensured the night ran smoothly. And it did - it was PERFECT! My parents had their own Cescaphe staff member helping them, who ensured they had anything they needed during the reception - she was fantastic also! If one of our guests had to leave early, the team packed up the meal for them. At the end of the evening, the staff made sure we had everything packed and in boxes to bring with us. They were more attentive, helpful, and kind than we could have hoped for!  It has been almost a year since our wedding, and we are still told by everyone we see that it was the best wedding they’ve been to, and they are still thinking about the food!!  The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, and the staff was top-notch. We highly recommend The Atrium at the Curtis Center/Cescaphe Event Group to anyone looking for a venue!! It was the best day of our lives! :)

A dream come true!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Diana D

I could not have been happier with our decision to have our wedding reception at the Cescaphe Ballroom! I fell in love with the Ballroom years ago and when it was time to plan my wedding was shocked to see the beautiful updates which were recently done to the ballroom! Cescaphe... Read More makes planning a piece of cake - they are truly the BEST at what they do! We didn't worry about a thing and truly had the time of our lives! Our wedding was in March and both our parents phones are still ringing off the hook with compliments that our wedding was the best wedding guests had ever attended! I hope one of our friends gets married here soon, I've been thinking about their delicious food since the wedding!!! It doesn't get better than a Cescaphe wedding!!!!

perfection!

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Dara S

every detail was given perfect attention to: from the ceremony, to the drinks & food! the entire event staff made our night a dream come true.

2013-10-30T10:35:34 Response from the vendor

You're very welcome! Thank you for choosing Cescaphe Event Group to host your special day. :)

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Marissa M

Almost a month later, our guests are still telling us how this was the best wedding they've ever been to. I had been to weddings at a few Cescaphe Event Group venues before we selected the Down Town Club. The food is always top-notch. Come HUNGRY and THIRSTY! And try not to miss... Read More your cocktail hour - it's too delicious. But if you do, there is a maitre d assigned to you and your new spouse who will take care of whatever you need (Andrew got a plate of crab claws for me to eat while my bridesmaids bustled my dress haha.) There was also a server assigned to each of our parents so they were completely attended to. Beyond the food and service that is customarily excellent with all Cescaphe group weddings, I think the beauty of the Down Town Club is unmatched. You're on the 11th floor of a building just across the street from Independence Hall; the windows offer stunning views (our out-of-town guests, history buffs, and even Philly locals were all amazed!) There's also a baby grand piano in the cocktail area, which we hired a conservatory student to play, such a nice touch. You and your guests will love this space. Plus, the all-in-one price per head (food, open bar, tax, tip, cake) makes budgeting pretty simple. The Cescaphe team is all pro's.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Mimi D

Honestly, 5 stars isn't nearly enough. I was so disheartened when initially looking at venues because I felt like everything was an upcharge....in venues I didn't even like. Not only did we fall in love with the Down Town Club, but when talking to everyone as Cescaphe, it was... Read More apparent that they weren't nickel and diming you and actually cared about your big day. You get SO much for your money - from the upgraded chairs, to the AMAZING cocktail hour spread (honestly, we haven't heard the end of this from our guests 3 weeks later), to the signature drink, ice sculpture, etc. I could go on and on. Your event manager takes care of all of the details so you're able to step back on your big day and just relax. If that wasn't enough, my maitre de made me feel like a princess that day. Every time I turned around, Andrew asked if I needed anything - some water, a snack during cocktail hour, and ensured that I ate dinner. Not only was I taken care of, but both my parents and my husband's parents were treated like VIP. I can't say enough about this event group and how magical they made the best day of my life.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Erin S

Cescaphe made our dream wedding a reality. From the very first inquiry phone call to the staff packing our stuff up at the end of the reception, everything was top-notch! If you want a wedding that your guests will talk about months and years after the knot is tied, this is the... Read More company to go with!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Julie R

There are not enough words to describe just how wonderful Cescaphe was for our wedding! From start to finish, the process was fun, easy, and pretty stress-free (vs. what I’ve seen from other brides I know!). From the beginning, the team at Cescaphe helped us plan our October... Read More wedding with ease and were amazing at answering our questions, explaining each step of the process, and always over-communicating. We chose The Atrium at the Curtis Center for our venue, knowing it was about to undergo some big renovations. Unfortunately, The Curtis Center made this a bit of a challenge for us, but the Cescaphe team did everything they could to keep us updated of the progress and let us know each change as it happened (with pictures) – even though a lot was out of their control! We really appreciated that, and thankfully, all the major renovations were done by the time of our wedding and everything looked BEAUTIFUL. Betsy Shoustal was so helpful during this process and every part of the early planning stages! The actual venue is such a cool space. The acoustics are a little tough because it’s an atrium, but it’s nothing that stopped us from selecting it for our wedding. When it’s all done up it’s just gorgeous! We worked with Dawn Mullan for initial menu planning session and she was SO helpful and knowledgeable of everything. She made the experience really wonderful (there were desserts and champagne for us as well – such a nice touch!). For the actual day itself, everything went off without a hitch. We are SO thankful to have been paired up with Renee Ziegler, our event manager. Renee had everything under control at all times and made the day run smoothly. She is an absolute pro and I highly recommend any bride to request her for your wedding day! Also at the reception, we had Thomas, Carolyn, and Joanne as our maitre’d/head servers who were assisting me/the groom, my parents, and his parents. From the minute we walked into The Curtis Center, the entire team had every little thing covered! The team was attentive, helped make sure we were staying on schedule with the reception flow, helped get us food and drinks… we had NOTHING to worry about because the entire Cescaphe group took care of every little thing. We were so happy with how everything turned out. The cake… our ice sculpture – all of which was handled by CEG and included as part of our per-head price! – were PERFECT. Exactly as we had described it in the planning meeting! Last but certainly not least, I can’t rave enough about the food!! It’s what Cescaphe is known for and they certainly delivered. The cocktail hour was incredible – every guest raved to me about how good the food was and how much there was (everyone was almost too full for dinner!). For dinner, everything was delicious and again our guests raved. If you are getting married in the Philadelphia area, do not go ANYWHERE else but the Cescaphe Event Group! THANK YOU CEG!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Kristin R

We had our wedding at the Tendenza. From the very beginning Cescaphe went above and beyond. Planning a wedding with Cescaphe was stress free. During our planning process they held the Cescaphe University classes which were great to learn every detail of wedding planning. I... Read More highly suggest going with a Cescaphe venue. Renee our event manager was truly spectular. She was there to answer all of my questions the month before the event. The night of the wedding she exceeded exceptions when she had to help a bridesmaid be sewn into her dress when the zipper broke. The food and drinks are out of this world, something for everyone. They catered to us like royalty and our parents as well. I heard they were great towards guests with special dietary issues as well. Highly recommend Cescaphe! We can't thank them enough for making our wedding beyond perfect for us!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Olivia L

Amazing venue and experience with Cescaphe!! The best of the best and highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Elizabeth F

Cescaphe did an incredible job hosting our wedding. They have the best service, food, and venues in Philadelphia. We had some construction issues (no fault of theirs, they don't own the venue) leading up to our big day with our venue and they did an amazing job putting our... Read More worries at ease and ensuring everything went smoothly. Every detail was thought through and they made sure our day was perfect. Our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and what an amazing day we had. I couldn't imagine having a wedding anywhere else.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lauren C

Wonderful venue, staff, and an abundant amount of food. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing our wedding was!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Robin G

Not that it needs another review- but of course - FANTASTIC. We got married at the Cescaphe Ballroom on 9/25/16, and this was by far the best wedding I've ever been to (totally unbiased, of course). From our event coordinator to maitre d', everyone went above and beyond... Read More their duties to ensure we had a flawless experience. Would absolutely recommend this event group!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Stephanie G

Cescaphe is a class act! Everything that they do is with precision and elegance and they are absolutely top notch without being pretentious or overdone. I can't say enough about how amazing our whole experience with Cescaphe was. Erin was absolutely amazing as our Coordinator... Read More and went way above and beyond for us, and Thomas was incredible standing by our side on the day of our wedding. When things came up the week of our wedding that were beyond anyone's (including Cescaphe's) control, the absolute best thing that we did was trust Erin and Cescaphe 100%- they did not disappoint. You can't go wrong with a Cescaphe wedding! Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Angela P

'The best wedding I've ever been to ' were the words excitedly thrown at my husband and I by many guests the day of our wedding at WaterWorks. The team at Cescaphe leading up to the big day was exceptionally attentive to our desires and they delivered every promise times a... Read More million. I’m very type A and Cescaphe gave me no doubts that I was in good hands. The amount that I did not have to coordinate or worry about on my wedding day was priceless, allowing me to enjoy every minute, savour the food, and celebrate with family and friends because of it. This was probably the closest to royalty I'll ever feel. WaterWorks as the venue was selected for sentimental reasons, but when that meant Cescaphe was hosting, the game completely changed. WaterWorks is such an amazing, classically elegant, and peaceful backdrop for everything- ceremony, cocktails and all. Between the WaterWorks as the venue, the amazing food, the fantastic and attentive service, stunning cake, and flawless execution, we could not have asked for anything better!

Reviewed on 2/10/2016

I can go on and on about this venue and the staff, but it would be so glowing that you may not believe the review. I am the father of the bride that had a reception at the Ballroom recently. I have now been accused of setting the bar too high for future weddings. It was well... Read More worth it!.

Don't Look Anywhere Else!

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Kelly H

Everyone is still blown away by the wedding- it was absolutely amazing and I wish I could do it again. If you are looking in center city do not look anywhere else! Our wedding was at the Curtis Center- everything was perfect and came together so nicely! No one wanted the night... Read More to end!! It was SO MUCH fun! The food is amazing, the set up is amazing, the event staff was amazing. I could go on and on.. We worked with Beautiful Blooms for flowers and draping and they do such a great job of transforming the room! My husband and I keep saying we need a friend to have a Cescaphe wedding so we can go back and enjoy it as guests! Can't thank Cescaphe enough, it was the most perfect night. The one thing I would note is that because you have to book so far in advance you end up going through a few different people after booking. It can get confusing and I would recommend communicating with them through email as well as phone just so everyone is on the same page. I had a wedding coordinator come in later in the planning and it was the best decision I could have made. It helps to have someone outside of Cescaphe helping the night run smoothly.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Mari R

We were first lucky enough to be invited to a wedding hosted by Cescaphe Tendenza and the next morning my future wife said we have to have our ceremony at Cesaphe (any of them!). Fast forward two years and we had our wedding reception at Cescaphe Ballroom in June 2015. It sounds... Read More so “corny” but this was the wedding of our dreams. The details from start to finish were simply astonishing, the staff was amazing (Mike-Maitre d’ & Renee- Event Planner were the MVPs our special day) and the venue was remarkable! Our guests still can’t stop talking about the entire day/night, many say they still dream of the food that was served. Thank you Cesaphe! If your getting married in Philly, look no further than Cesaphe!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Lise R

If my husband and I had to describe our wedding at the Cescaphe Ballroom in one word, it would be: flawless. Renee and the Ballroom's event planning team made our day utterly unforgettable and absolutely perfect. I bet there are not too many married couples who can say there is... Read More literally not a single thing they would change about their wedding, and thanks to Cescaphe my husband and I can say that. From the beginning Cescaphe made it clear that they were impeccably competent and that I could trust everyone who worked there to make our wedding perfect. They are willing to customize many aspects of the day and yet they also have good systems in place for running the ceremony and reception perfectly to help guide brides like me who don't always know exactly what they want. Though we worked with many people in addition to Renee, who was there on the actual day, the transitions were all seamless - everyone knew everything about our wedding and everyone was always prepared to talk with us and make sure the details were perfect. Cescaphe includes SO MUCH - when we booked them we didn't even envision the level of customer service that we would get. The food is copious and delicious, certainly an epic focal point of the evening. We asked Cescaphe to design a kind of quirky and fun/unusual custom cake and they took on the task and made our cake better than we could have imagined, and the guests loved it. Renee was an absolute ninja on the wedding day and planned everything perfectly. Michael was our maitre'd and front of house who also made sure the night went perfectly and that we were in the right place at the right time - he also took care of us and made sure we always had something to eat and drink and that our parents/other VIP's were also having a fantastic time. Basically my husband and I could just show up to the party and know that a team member would put us in the right place at the right time. This meant that we didn't have to worry about any logistics and could just relax and enjoy, something that is rare at many venues that don't have the same level of event planning services. If you want a venue you can trust to plan a flawless, stunning, and amazing wedding, your search is over. One last thing: the value for money here is also incredible - and you won't find that anywhere else in your wedding planning! If you're getting married in Philly you absolutely MUST see these venues and meet with the staff...they all speak for themselves! My husband wants to add to this review that he had the greatest day of his life thanks to the wonderful team at Cescaphe.

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Jamie M

I had my wedding reception at the Cescaphe Ballroom on May 29, 2015. It was absolutely perfect in every way, from start to finish! The food was out of this world, and there was SO much of it! Our guest are STILL raving about the venue and the amazing food. From the instant my... Read More husband and I booked the ballroom, I knew I would have nothing to worry about with the planning and the actual wedding. The staff is wonderful and they are there for you every step of the way! I HIGHLY recommend Cescaphe Event Group for any wedding!!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Jenna C

Hands down, the best wedding venue in Philly. I was refereed to Cescaphe from one of my co-workers who got married at Vie and I could not walk away from Cescpahe without booking. I ended up having my wedding on May 9th at the Ballroom and it was absolutely amazing. The... Read More food/drink/venue/staff, everything is awesome. I could not have planned a wedding without their amazing staff who made it so easy to walk through all of our choices. We are still hearing from the people who attended our wedding and telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to and the food is out of this world. Thank you SO much Cescaphe for making our special day one to remember.

Perfection

Reviewed on 5/04/2015 Krista O

Cescaphe is hands down the best of the best! I'm only a few weeks out from my wedding but I receive compliments just about everyday about the reception! They provide you with not only stunning venues but the most amazing food display you will ever see at a wedding! Their... Read More attention to detail is impeccable. I cannot say enough how absolutely perfect they were and I would recommended them to anyone and everyone!!!

Over the top

Reviewed on 4/21/2015

Our daughter's wedding was at Tendenza and everything was top notch and you really got bang for your buck. The food was simply to die for. The cocktail hour was amazing. Such a variety of food. The meal was perfectly cooked and elegantly plated. The staff was so accomodating to... Read More all the guests. The bridal party got such wonderful pampering. Truly a class act. No one goes home hungry after an event here. Especially loved the server "Jess" the dancing server. You can tell she loves her job. The wedding planner was wonderful.

A Dream Come True

Reviewed on 2/23/2015 Gina P

We had our wedding this past weekend at The Downtown Club and we can not say enough wonderful things about the staff. Rose and Renee were our event managers and they made our night so enjoyable. Our guests have been raving about our wedding -- everything from the food to the... Read More decor to the attentiveness of the staff. We have had so many people say it was the best wedding they have ever been to and Cescaphe is the reason for this! We wish we could do it all over again! We would highly recommend working with the Cescaphe group. Thank you for making our night so amazing and one we'll never forget!

Wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 2/04/2015 Amy H

We recently had our wedding at Tendenza and it was amazing. Cescaphe was absolutely wonderful to work with, especially Jessica, our event manager. They think of EVERYTHING and are so organized, so I didn't need to worry about anything. The food and service are outstanding.... Read More Guests are still talking to us about how wonderful the food was, how pretty the venue was, etc. Would definitely recommend Cescaphe!

Best venue!

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Colette N

My wedding was at Tendenza back in November and my sisters is at cescaphe ballroom next year. My best friend and cousin got married at vie so it is safe to say my family is a giant fan of the cescaphe venues!! We all were blown away at their amazing cocktail hour and the food... Read More for our meals were exceptional! Tendenza is such a beautiful setting for myself as a modern bride and everything I needed and wanted bridgid took care of for me! They provide amazing service and will do anything and everything they can to make your day unforgettable. Thank you cescaphe !!! See you next year! :)