Cescaphe Event Group

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Bow2008 09

1412 Mount Vernon Street, Philadelphia, PA

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Lauren N

There isn’t enough we can say about how amazing the Cescaphe event group is!! From the time we booked the venue (The Atrium at the Curtis Center), I knew we were in good hands.  Everyone I spoke with was knowledgable and accommodating with any questions I had throughout our... Read More planning process (and I had a lot!). Dawn Mullan was so helpful at our menu meeting - ensuring we understood the many options we had. Jessica Kerrigan was hands down the most WONDERFUL Event Manager we could have asked for - She was so pleasant to work with, and she made the week before the wedding completely stress-free. On our wedding day, Jessica and Colin were just incredible. We forgot the boutonniers for the groomsmen, and Colin had someone go back to our hotel to get them. Colin made sure we had everything we could need, and Jessica ensured the night ran smoothly. And it did - it was PERFECT! My parents had their own Cescaphe staff member helping them, who ensured they had anything they needed during the reception - she was fantastic also! If one of our guests had to leave early, the team packed up the meal for them. At the end of the evening, the staff made sure we had everything packed and in boxes to bring with us. They were more attentive, helpful, and kind than we could have hoped for!  It has been almost a year since our wedding, and we are still told by everyone we see that it was the best wedding they’ve been to, and they are still thinking about the food!!  The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, and the staff was top-notch. We highly recommend The Atrium at the Curtis Center/Cescaphe Event Group to anyone looking for a venue!! It was the best day of our lives! :)

A dream come true!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Diana D

I could not have been happier with our decision to have our wedding reception at the Cescaphe Ballroom! I fell in love with the Ballroom years ago and when it was time to plan my wedding was shocked to see the beautiful updates which were recently done to the ballroom! Cescaphe... Read More makes planning a piece of cake - they are truly the BEST at what they do! We didn't worry about a thing and truly had the time of our lives! Our wedding was in March and both our parents phones are still ringing off the hook with compliments that our wedding was the best wedding guests had ever attended! I hope one of our friends gets married here soon, I've been thinking about their delicious food since the wedding!!! It doesn't get better than a Cescaphe wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Dara S

every detail was given perfect attention to: from the ceremony, to the drinks & food! the entire event staff made our night a dream come true.

2013-10-30T10:35:34 Response from the vendor

You're very welcome! Thank you for choosing Cescaphe Event Group to host your special day. :)

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Robin G

Not that it needs another review- but of course - FANTASTIC. We got married at the Cescaphe Ballroom on 9/25/16, and this was by far the best wedding I've ever been to (totally unbiased, of course). From our event coordinator to maitre d', everyone went above and beyond... Read More their duties to ensure we had a flawless experience. Would absolutely recommend this event group!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Stephanie G

Cescaphe is a class act! Everything that they do is with precision and elegance and they are absolutely top notch without being pretentious or overdone. I can't say enough about how amazing our whole experience with Cescaphe was. Erin was absolutely amazing as our Coordinator... Read More and went way above and beyond for us, and Thomas was incredible standing by our side on the day of our wedding. When things came up the week of our wedding that were beyond anyone's (including Cescaphe's) control, the absolute best thing that we did was trust Erin and Cescaphe 100%- they did not disappoint. You can't go wrong with a Cescaphe wedding! Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Angela P

'The best wedding I've ever been to ' were the words excitedly thrown at my husband and I by many guests the day of our wedding at WaterWorks. The team at Cescaphe leading up to the big day was exceptionally attentive to our desires and they delivered every promise times a... Read More million. I’m very type A and Cescaphe gave me no doubts that I was in good hands. The amount that I did not have to coordinate or worry about on my wedding day was priceless, allowing me to enjoy every minute, savour the food, and celebrate with family and friends because of it. This was probably the closest to royalty I'll ever feel. WaterWorks as the venue was selected for sentimental reasons, but when that meant Cescaphe was hosting, the game completely changed. WaterWorks is such an amazing, classically elegant, and peaceful backdrop for everything- ceremony, cocktails and all. Between the WaterWorks as the venue, the amazing food, the fantastic and attentive service, stunning cake, and flawless execution, we could not have asked for anything better!

Reviewed on 2/10/2016

I can go on and on about this venue and the staff, but it would be so glowing that you may not believe the review. I am the father of the bride that had a reception at the Ballroom recently. I have now been accused of setting the bar too high for future weddings. It was well... Read More worth it!.

Don't Look Anywhere Else!

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Kelly H

Everyone is still blown away by the wedding- it was absolutely amazing and I wish I could do it again. If you are looking in center city do not look anywhere else! Our wedding was at the Curtis Center- everything was perfect and came together so nicely! No one wanted the night... Read More to end!! It was SO MUCH fun! The food is amazing, the set up is amazing, the event staff was amazing. I could go on and on.. We worked with Beautiful Blooms for flowers and draping and they do such a great job of transforming the room! My husband and I keep saying we need a friend to have a Cescaphe wedding so we can go back and enjoy it as guests! Can't thank Cescaphe enough, it was the most perfect night. The one thing I would note is that because you have to book so far in advance you end up going through a few different people after booking. It can get confusing and I would recommend communicating with them through email as well as phone just so everyone is on the same page. I had a wedding coordinator come in later in the planning and it was the best decision I could have made. It helps to have someone outside of Cescaphe helping the night run smoothly.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Mari R

We were first lucky enough to be invited to a wedding hosted by Cescaphe Tendenza and the next morning my future wife said we have to have our ceremony at Cesaphe (any of them!). Fast forward two years and we had our wedding reception at Cescaphe Ballroom in June 2015. It sounds... Read More so “corny” but this was the wedding of our dreams. The details from start to finish were simply astonishing, the staff was amazing (Mike-Maitre d’ & Renee- Event Planner were the MVPs our special day) and the venue was remarkable! Our guests still can’t stop talking about the entire day/night, many say they still dream of the food that was served. Thank you Cesaphe! If your getting married in Philly, look no further than Cesaphe!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Lise R

If my husband and I had to describe our wedding at the Cescaphe Ballroom in one word, it would be: flawless. Renee and the Ballroom's event planning team made our day utterly unforgettable and absolutely perfect. I bet there are not too many married couples who can say there is... Read More literally not a single thing they would change about their wedding, and thanks to Cescaphe my husband and I can say that. From the beginning Cescaphe made it clear that they were impeccably competent and that I could trust everyone who worked there to make our wedding perfect. They are willing to customize many aspects of the day and yet they also have good systems in place for running the ceremony and reception perfectly to help guide brides like me who don't always know exactly what they want. Though we worked with many people in addition to Renee, who was there on the actual day, the transitions were all seamless - everyone knew everything about our wedding and everyone was always prepared to talk with us and make sure the details were perfect. Cescaphe includes SO MUCH - when we booked them we didn't even envision the level of customer service that we would get. The food is copious and delicious, certainly an epic focal point of the evening. We asked Cescaphe to design a kind of quirky and fun/unusual custom cake and they took on the task and made our cake better than we could have imagined, and the guests loved it. Renee was an absolute ninja on the wedding day and planned everything perfectly. Michael was our maitre'd and front of house who also made sure the night went perfectly and that we were in the right place at the right time - he also took care of us and made sure we always had something to eat and drink and that our parents/other VIP's were also having a fantastic time. Basically my husband and I could just show up to the party and know that a team member would put us in the right place at the right time. This meant that we didn't have to worry about any logistics and could just relax and enjoy, something that is rare at many venues that don't have the same level of event planning services. If you want a venue you can trust to plan a flawless, stunning, and amazing wedding, your search is over. One last thing: the value for money here is also incredible - and you won't find that anywhere else in your wedding planning! If you're getting married in Philly you absolutely MUST see these venues and meet with the staff...they all speak for themselves! My husband wants to add to this review that he had the greatest day of his life thanks to the wonderful team at Cescaphe.

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Jamie M

I had my wedding reception at the Cescaphe Ballroom on May 29, 2015. It was absolutely perfect in every way, from start to finish! The food was out of this world, and there was SO much of it! Our guest are STILL raving about the venue and the amazing food. From the instant my... Read More husband and I booked the ballroom, I knew I would have nothing to worry about with the planning and the actual wedding. The staff is wonderful and they are there for you every step of the way! I HIGHLY recommend Cescaphe Event Group for any wedding!!!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Jenna C

Hands down, the best wedding venue in Philly. I was refereed to Cescaphe from one of my co-workers who got married at Vie and I could not walk away from Cescpahe without booking. I ended up having my wedding on May 9th at the Ballroom and it was absolutely amazing. The... Read More food/drink/venue/staff, everything is awesome. I could not have planned a wedding without their amazing staff who made it so easy to walk through all of our choices. We are still hearing from the people who attended our wedding and telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to and the food is out of this world. Thank you SO much Cescaphe for making our special day one to remember.

Reviewed on 5/04/2015 Krista O

Cescaphe is hands down the best of the best! I'm only a few weeks out from my wedding but I receive compliments just about everyday about the reception! They provide you with not only stunning venues but the most amazing food display you will ever see at a wedding! Their... Read More attention to detail is impeccable. I cannot say enough how absolutely perfect they were and I would recommended them to anyone and everyone!!!

Over the top

Reviewed on 4/21/2015

Our daughter's wedding was at Tendenza and everything was top notch and you really got bang for your buck. The food was simply to die for. The cocktail hour was amazing. Such a variety of food. The meal was perfectly cooked and elegantly plated. The staff was so accomodating to... Read More all the guests. The bridal party got such wonderful pampering. Truly a class act. No one goes home hungry after an event here. Especially loved the server "Jess" the dancing server. You can tell she loves her job. The wedding planner was wonderful.

A Dream Come True

Reviewed on 2/23/2015 Gina P

We had our wedding this past weekend at The Downtown Club and we can not say enough wonderful things about the staff. Rose and Renee were our event managers and they made our night so enjoyable. Our guests have been raving about our wedding -- everything from the food to the... Read More decor to the attentiveness of the staff. We have had so many people say it was the best wedding they have ever been to and Cescaphe is the reason for this! We wish we could do it all over again! We would highly recommend working with the Cescaphe group. Thank you for making our night so amazing and one we'll never forget!

Wonderful wedding!

Reviewed on 2/04/2015 Amy H

We recently had our wedding at Tendenza and it was amazing. Cescaphe was absolutely wonderful to work with, especially Jessica, our event manager. They think of EVERYTHING and are so organized, so I didn't need to worry about anything. The food and service are outstanding.... Read More Guests are still talking to us about how wonderful the food was, how pretty the venue was, etc. Would definitely recommend Cescaphe!

Best venue!

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 Colette N

My wedding was at Tendenza back in November and my sisters is at cescaphe ballroom next year. My best friend and cousin got married at vie so it is safe to say my family is a giant fan of the cescaphe venues!! We all were blown away at their amazing cocktail hour and the food... Read More for our meals were exceptional! Tendenza is such a beautiful setting for myself as a modern bride and everything I needed and wanted bridgid took care of for me! They provide amazing service and will do anything and everything they can to make your day unforgettable. Thank you cescaphe !!! See you next year! :)

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Ashley K

You will not find another venue in town (other than other Cescaphe Event Group venues) that are even remotely comparable to the Ballroom. It is absolutely gorgeous and what Cescaphe offers is just incredible. The service is beyond amazing. Cescaphe makes sure that everything... Read More is just perfect so that you can enjoy your special day and feel just as special.

The Best There Is!! ~Our Wedding at Tendenza

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Anjelica P

Amazing!! Cescaphe Event Group is one of the best companies! They offer top notch service, venues and staff. Bridgid was the best event manager! We booked our wedding at Tendenza (the greatest venue ever! Perfect combo of modern and vintage which sums up me and my husband) a few... Read More weeks after getting engaged and over a year in advance and Bridgid was there throughout the entire wedding planning process, answering any and all questions we had. Cescaphe has so many couples getting married at a time yet they make you feel like it's all about you :) There is nothing like a Cescaphe wedding, and nothing that can match it. The food and service at one of their weddings can not be matched. As the bride, I did not worry about a thing the day of because I knew we were in good hands. The staff at our wedding was incredible. All the servers, bartenders and valet were so friendly and seemed genuinely happy for us. The congratulated us all night and really made us feel special. We really cannot thank Cescaphe enough for providing us with the wedding of our dreams. All our guests can't stop raving about the night and so many said it was the best wedding they have ever been too. I would have to agree :)

2014-11-05T11:13:47 Response from the vendor

You're making us blush! Thank you so much for the wonderful review, and we're so happy to have made your special day memorable. :)

Tendenza Wedding

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Caitlin A

I had my wedding at Tendenza a few weeks ago and everything was absolutely fabulous!! The venue is totally industrial chic and gorgeous!! There was so much food - we didn't need to make any choices about cocktail hour - you automatically get it all. You don't get to taste the... Read More food before hand, but I trusted Cescaphe's reputation, and was not let down. People are still raving about how good the food (and the selection of food) was. Rose was our event manager...we had been switched from Brigid who we originally were working with and I was initially nervous about the change, but Rose was beyond great to work with. She was always available, patient with me, and just easy. Between the service from Cescaphe, and their familiarity with our vendors, I don't know how anyone would need a wedding planner there. They just take care of you so well. Between Rose and Daniel, I never went to the bar and yet had a drink in my hand all night long. All 3 sets of parents each had their own servers and they were just tickled pink with the special treatment! I would recommend this venue...or Cescaphe in general to anyone. You will not be let down.

My wedding dreams come true!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Erika G

I had my wedding at one of the Cescaphe venues, Vie, the end of September, and I simply cannot say enough good things about the entire experience. After extensive research of many venues in Center City area, it seemed impossible that the Cescaphe group could do what they... Read More promised at the price they offer. Impossible it was not! From start to finish, someone was always available to help you, answer any questions you had and help you figure things out. All of the Cescaphe event managers are very experienced and knowledgeable and go above and beyond to make every bride (and couple) special. Planning a wedding is a lot of work, a lot of decisions, a lot of stress, and a lot of balls juggling in the air. My event manager, Sarah Christiensen, was there every step of the way to answer my questions and put out fires. Guests of our wedding have not stopped raving about it, and we've heard a lot of "best wedding I've ever been to"--which makes it ALL worthwhile! Also, the word on the street about the cocktail hour and food at the Cescaphe venues is true--the cocktail hour and entrees are AMAZING!! As the bride and groom, you don't really get much time to enjoy much of it, and Cescaphe makes sure to put a spread of different foods/snacks (whatever you request) in the bridal suite, to make sure the bride and groom have some down time and can grab a quick bite. During the actual wedding day, Sarah, along with the head maître de's were so incredibly helpful and friendly, and made the entire event flow smoothly, without any hiccups (that I noticed). I'm not even sure this review does our experience justice, but for anyone looking to get married in Philadelphia, Cescaphe is the way to go! Just make sure you start booking at least a year in advance, because they book up fast!!

People are sending ME thank you's ..

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Meghan B

If you are looking for a venue in the Philadelphia area and choose anyone besides the Cescaphe Event Group you are crazy!! I could not be happier with my wedding day. Based on online reviews I knew I wanted one of the Cescaphe venues. I started looking in February 2013 at... Read More their venues and had my heart set on the newly renovated Downtown Club, which at the time was not even finished and it was already book for Labor Day wknd 2014! One piece of advice is if you are interested in the Cescaphe venues to book as soon as possible! We also used the Cescaphe Trolley, which was so convenient and comfortable. They didn't require a down payment and the charge was added to the reception bill, which made it easier for us to keep track of payments. I ended up choosing Cescaphe Ballroom for the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. I went with Sunday because I knew that a majority of my guests were off on Monday and because there would be a discount for a Sunday wedding. We ended up having 222 guests and did not have many additional feature add on's besides the sparklers .. definitely get the sparklers for your grand entrance. My event coordinator, Rose, was absolutely spectacular! Any concern I had she already had a game plan for. I did not have to worry about a thing! The maitre d', Michael, was also phenomenal. My parents and my husbands parents had their own personal servers who made sure that their glasses were full and assisted with all their needs. I had the best time of my life at the wedding. I feel that's the usual response from the bride .. but from the time cocktail hour started to the very end of the reception every conversation I had with my guests was about how impressed they were with the venue, especially the food. The food is AMAZING. I have received several letters and emails from both family and friends thanking ME for inviting them to our wedding because they have never experienced such an "over the top" event. I HIGHLY recommend booking your reception at one of the Cescaphe venues.

Incredible Curtis Center Wedding

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Shannon L

We hosted our wedding reception at the Curtis Center a few weeks ago, and we are still hearing from guests about the incredible food and exceptional service. In fact, my husband and I are still talking about it ourselves! From the moment we walked into the reception, exhausted... Read More but excited, we were swept into our private bridal suite where we spent a few quiet moments with our closest family and friends. We immediately met our team for the evening, led by Samantha, and were then presented with countless trays of amazing food (food I could actually eat! I am still dreaming of the gluten free mini cheese steaks) while our guests were finishing up their amazing cocktail hour. Then, we got our sneak-peak of the main reception area. We were simply awestruck at how the team at Cescaphe worked together, impeccably, with our florist to turn the Atrium into something out of a fairy tale. Throughout the night, our personal team kept our plates and glasses full, and the incredible staff tended to every need of our guests. We had many special guests with food allergies and health needs, and they were all treated like kings and queens throughout the evening. The entire event flowed flawlessly without a hitch, allowing us to have the time of our lives celebrating with friends and family. From the first day of our wedding planning, we set one goal: to plan an event that would show our love, appreciation, and gratitude to our guests. We were very focused on guest experience over our own. Little did we know that with the EXCEPTIONAL team at Cescaphe, our wedding was an incredible experience that both we and our guests will never forget. We are so grateful to Samantha and the entire team at Cescaphe for their expert planning, coordination, and service.

Atrium at the Curtis Center

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Joanna S

Absolutely stunning!! Our guests are still in awe of our wedding! This venue is beautiful! So much food, excellent service and most things are included on them! My now husband and I did not want for anything all night! We were so well taken care of- as were our parents and any... Read More other guest who had a wedding through cescaphe! They are amazing to work with- always available and unbelievably accommodating!

The Best Venue for the Best Day of our Lives

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Gillian M

This review doesn't allow me enough characters to fully paint a picture of how wonderful Cescaphe's Tendenza venue was for our reception. From the moment we booked to the moment we said our good-byes, they were on top of everything. As a Wedding Planner myself, it takes a lot... Read More to impress me and Tendenza had it all - from the extensive package (you get EVERYTHING!), to the stellar service and everything in between. They made our wedding reception absolute perfection! We are still receiving compliments from all of our guests on the service provided and the overall atmosphere that Tendenza provided! I highly recommend!!