Chandler Hill Vineyards

Defiance, MO

First in Missouri Wine Country

With over 80 weddings a year, it’s clear why Chandler Hill Vineyards is “First in Missouri Wine Country.” Our delicious food, award-winning wine and spectacular vistas create an unforgettable experience. We are open year-round and just minutes from St. Louis, Chesterfield and St. Charles.

Waterfront, Vineyard

Food + Catering, Planning

596 Defiance Road, Defiance, MO (636) 798-2675

Reviewed on 4/09/2016

We had our daughters wedding her just a week ago, our guests cannot stop talking about it! Everything was perfect, food, drinks, the room looked beautiful! Becky Dunston was our coordinator! She went above and beyond to provide excellent service! The staff is friendly and... Read More helpful and it was better than any of us could have ever imagined. We had out of town guests from New York and they said this was the best wedding and reception they had been to! Say yes to this venue!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Adam P

Chandler Hill was perfect! The actual venue was just gorgeous both inside and out, not to mention the wonderful staff. Megan was our wedding coordinator and she went above and beyond to help us organize our reception between us, the chef, wait staff, and bartenders. All the... Read More staff was very accommodating and gracious with anything we requested or needed. The food was delicious, there was never a line at the bar, and they work hard to make the perfect environment for your wedding. I was so happy that I chose them because they made a lot of the wedding planning process easier. With Chandler Hill and their staff I knew that my wedding reception would be elegant, fun, delicious and have plenty of wine. who could ask for more? they planned out the reception timeline meticulously with me and worked it out with the DJ, most of my vendors were familiar with Chandler Hill and that also made things easier. My husband and I just got married a few weeks ago but our friends and family are still coming up to us and telling us how amazing our wedding was and how beautiful Chandler Hill is. We could not be any happier with Chandler Hill.

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Stacy O

Our wedding day was picture perfect at Chandler Hill Vineyards. The venue is top notch with gorgeous views and stunning grounds. They also have a spectacular menu/bar selection and most importantly, they have the wonderful Megan Lewis! Megan made the entire wedding process easy,... Read More simple and fun. She did everything to make my wedding day unforgettable. Megan is professional, responds quickly to emails and knows every vendor, which made everything really easy. Her wonderful personality definitely made the process fun and stress-free. She even worked behind the scenes with my husband so that he could surprise me with fireworks! I highly recommend Chandler Hill!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Emily F

We had our Oct 2016 at Chandler Hill. It is a beautiful place for a wedding & overall our day went smoothly. We worked with Megan, who was very sweet and helpful with the food/bar, all of our guests loved the food. They do give you limited time to setup the space, for our... Read More ceremony time we had 1 hr to setup which was more like really a ½ hour because the majority of our guests arrived via shuttle around 5:30. This was not as big of a deal as I thought it would be. The staff flips the room incredibly fast and the space is beautiful so it really does not need much added décor. For any brides getting married here, I highly suggest hiring a day of coordinator (that’s probably a good idea for any venue!) The CH wedding coordinator left after dinner I believe, which was only about 1 ½ into our 4 hour wedding reception . The DOC helped us with the flow of the reception, we used A Bride’s Ally as recommended by CH. Also, check out Klondike Park for photos, its about 10 mins away & looks like we were on a beach! We were not able to take pictures at first at CH when arriving due to the crowd & me feeling a little overwhelmed (but we got married on a sunny, warm October day, other weekends might not be so crazy) We also had a bit of noise from a staff vehicle, sounded like an four wheeler or a side by side, while our ceremony was going on. At first I laughed it off but we had a lot of comments from our guests to the point that I felt it must have taken away from our ceremony. Overall, I would recommend Chandler Hill for a venue but I agree with the below review that I did feel like just another customer to them. We never heard from them again and the staff on Sunday seemed quite annoyed with us when we stopped by to pick up items before opening as directed. Our other vendors did not make me feel this way.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Amy S

We had the best ceremony and reception at Chandler Hill! Our coordinator Megan was amazing and so helpful every step of the way. Our big day went off without a hitch thanks to her and the wonderful staff at Chandler Hill. All of our guests raved about how beautiful the venue was... Read More and how great the food and service were. I would give 10 stars if I could, everything was beyond our expectations!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Katlyn M

We had our wedding on April 23, 2016 and it was the most amazing day. We were lucky to have nice weather and held the ceremony and dance floor outside on the deck which was beautiful! Our coordinator was Megan Lewis and she was fantastic. From our original meeting to our wedding... Read More day she was always very responsive to our questions and quick to adjust to last minute changes. She was amazing to work with and we felt very lucky to have her throughout the whole process.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Jamie K

My wife and I had our wedding there in January of 2016 and we couldn't have been more pleased. Our wedding planner, Becky, was helpful every step of the way despite us living in a different state at the time. The venue itself is incredible and offers breathtaking views both... Read More inside and outside. During the reception we received complement after complement on the food and i couldn't agree more, it was incredible! Overall, our wedding day was the best day of our lives and it wouldn't have been possible without Chandler Hill. If you get a chance to stop by and check it out, I promise you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Kayla H

We had our ceremony and reception at Chandler Hill. Becky was a great coordinator to work with for everything. She answered all questions; no matter how many I had. It was a night ceremony and looked beautiful. The staff that setup did a great job of following everything we... Read More asked. Also the bartending staff were great and made sure during the night ran smoothly. The food was great. And we were able to taste all choices during our tasting at the winery. I would highly recommend this gorgeous setting. We took all our photos on location and the few we have seen have turned out beautifully.

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Suzy G

I had my wedding st Chandler Hill in July and all I can say is WOW. Everyone and everything was wonderful from our amazing coordinator Becky, to the gentleman that drove their shuttle (and 10 hungry overheated women) from the vineyard to photo locations. The food was out of this... Read More world and the service was impeccable. We opted for the firework show which people are still talking about months later. I would recommend CHV to anyone and everyone as I know you'll be as happy with their service as I was!!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Cyndi M

As a Mother of the Bride, I can happily tell you that Chandler Hill was the absolute best choice we could have made for our daughter's wedding. The facilities were inviting, the food was excellent, and the staff was professional and impeccable. But the most important thing was... Read More they made our daughter's night the event she'd always wanted. Megan, our coordinator, knew we wanted the wedding and dancing to be held outside, and even though storms were all around, not only did she work directly with the OWNER of the vineyard to check the weather, but they made the call to go ahead and have the event outside. And then, as if that wasn't enough, when the band balked about setting up outside, Megan went to bat for us and made sure the band cooperated, and we were able to dance the night away under the stars. Our guests LOVED it.... saying it felt like they'd been whisked away to Napa or Tuscany. I'd highly recommend Chandler Hill. Megan's attention to detail was over the top - she always responded back to questions within 24 hours, and she was cheerful, supportive and a great problem solver. This is a vendor you want to be on your team when your daughter gets married.

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Kimberly M

AMAZING. We always wanted a quick engagement and couldn't have done it without the staff at Chandler Hill. From engagement to walking down the aisle, we planned everything in 6 months and 3 days! Becky was great to lock down our day and Megan was AMAZING to work with. She... Read More sent updates and checked in throughout the months. The day-of, she was organized and had all of my diagrams/sketches I sent ahead of time. The staff helped set the room up which was no easy task - being a florist, we had over 85 arrangements to place. We didn't mess around. In a little under an hour, the CHV staff had everything ready to go. It rained on and off our whole day and Megan kept pushing us to wait it out, knowing we wanted an outdoor wedding. We had the most amazing outdoor wedding and dancing. When our band didn't want to set up outside, Megan found a solution. We were told by SO many guests that it was the best wedding food (and meal) they'd ever had. The steak, asparagus, and pasta (believe it or not) were fantastic!! Go for the fireworks - they're amazing! Getting married at the end of May, CHV even shifted the start time to help with the darkness level. We danced well into the night and I couldn't have been any happier with my overall experience. If you're lucky enough to book a spot at CHV, you're going to have an amazing start to your happily ever after!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Emily M

My husband and I got married at Chandler Hill this past July, and we had the best time! Our wedding coordinator, Megan, was amazing! She went above and beyond to meet all of our need and answer all of our questions! Even though it was a hot and humid night, they kept fans going... Read More all night and our water glasses filled! Every member of the staff was kind and courteous. The scenery was beautiful, and it made for a night to remember! Our guests were all impressed by this wonderful venue!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Samantha M

Made our wedding perfect! Went out of their way to address everything I wanted and all my concerns. They even used a special recipe I wanted in their cooking!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Jennifer B

My husband and I had our reception at Chandler Hill Vineyards 6/7/14 and it was absolutely amazing. From planning with the staff at Chandler Hill to execution of the day - it was perfect! The venue is beautiful, the staff and service were outstanding, and the food was... Read More delicious. It truly was the best day ever!

The Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Katie O

The second I saw Chandler Hill, I knew it was THE place. The place where I wanted both my ceremony and reception to take place. To say that the day went beautifully perfect is an understatement. All of my guests raved not only about the beautiful venue and it's gorgeous view,... Read More but about the food, the wonderful servers and bartenders, and the comfort of chairs, tables, etc. I was absolutely floored by how wonderful everything turned out, and i wish I could relive the day over and over. My dream wedding came to life because of this beautiful winery. The wedding coordinators were wonderful to work with, and I left so incredibly grateful and happy. My day could not have been more perfect. And FYI, they offer fireworks- anyone considering this venue should absolutely select the package- well worth the extra money and it was the cherry on top of my already perfect day :)

Reviewed on 8/10/2015

We had an amazing day at Chandler Hill. Great staff, made sure everything went to plan. Rained right up to the wedding time and the staff busted their butt to get the seats and deck ready for the wedding. Turned out amazing. Megan was extremely helpful and made sure the whole... Read More wedding party had everything they needed. Felt very comfortable and confident in the staff. Amazing views and beautiful location. Would highly recommend.

Chandler Hill made my wedding unforgettable.

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Bridget M

My husband told me multiple times that people said we had the best/most beautiful wedding reception they have ever been to and that I did a great job on our wedding! I think the best choice I made was choosing Chandler Hill for my reception venue. I looked at a ton of venues... Read More around St. Louis and none had the feel and warmth of Chandler Hill. The wedding coordinator Becky was helpful the entire year as I prepared for my wedding. I would shoot her an email about something I was wondering and she would email me back the next day with the answer. I changed my mind multiple times and she was patient and understanding. The night of my wedding the Chandler Hill staff was helpful and accommodating the entire night. The main "cons" of having your wedding reception here is that to hit the drink and food minimum you are probably going to have to have guests OUTSIDE while some guests are INSIDE--and weather in Missouri is not always the best and these guests can feel left out. Also, you only have from 5:00pm-5:30pm to set up your decorations if your reception starts at 6:00pm, and guests start arriving WAY before the reception time so they saw our preparations. All in all, however, I would do it all again in a heartbeat. The beauty of the vineyards was incredible and the decor and warmth was exactly my personality.

Chandler Hill made my wedding unforgettable.

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Bridget M

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Brittany L

I got married in April of 2015 and we had our reception at Chandler Hill Vineyards. I probably will not do the venue justice by one review because Chandler Hill was absolutely perfect. If you're looking for a romantic setting, indoor/outdoor possibilities, beautiful views and... Read More an accommodating staff, right outside the hustle of the city, look no further. You can see if you look at their photos (or better yet visit) they have a beautiful venue that easily accommodated my 150 guests. They have a large patio which is perfect to dance on, on a warm spring evening. We had a band set up on the far side of the patio right in front of the dance floor over looking the vines, with plenty of seating on either side for those who didn't care to dance. Apart from having a really charming venue, the food was phenomenal, I still am getting comments on the delicious dinner. We had good food and great wine (and bubbles! - no extra charge!) A final note on the venue, they offer fireworks at a decent price. You can really surprise your wedding guests with an excellent 10ish minute long firework show. I do want to recognize Megan Lewis (the wedding coordinator) and the staff. The team really put a lot of effort into my day and made it flawless . Megan met with me several times to go over details and brought up things I didn't even think of. The team made helpful suggestions on timelines and set up, created new seating arrangements and even helped us decorate... and the list goes on. I'll be forever grateful to Megan and team for making my day absolutely superb. To sum it up - Chandler Hill is a romantic venue, with breath-taking views and the employees are extremely accommodating . What more do you need?

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Kelly G

I was married at Chandler Hill in November of 2014. I fell in love with the winery several years ago and knew I wanted to be married there when my husband loved it too. I planned to be married outside on the deck, however, it rained that day and therefore the ceremony had... Read More to be inside. Although it was disappointing the staff did a great job at setting up chairs and tables quickly without disturbing guests after the ceremony. The food was amazing. Many guest commented that it was delicious and that they enjoyed the double meat entree. I worked with two planners as the main one was on maternity during the 5 months I planned my wedding. I was nervous about the transition but it went fairly smoothly. My only complaint is that the entire process seemed like it was all about money. While I do understand the I am a customer to them, for me it was a major day in my life that I shared with them. My planner left the wedding without saying goodbye and I never heard from her until I called about some items left at the venue. A call, letter, or even a bottle of wine to say thank you for choosing them and sharing such an important time in my life would have been appreciated. Although The Knot says Chandler Hill is inexpensive, for myself and my family it was a lot of money-it would have been nice to feel like more than just another customer.

2015-07-01T14:40:45 Response from the vendor

Hi, I am the Senior Events Manager and I wanted to personally send you a response and thank you for your review. Your experience and feedback means a lot to us. I am very pleased to hear that you were happy with our staff and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Stacey p

We had our wedding at Chandler Hill in July 2014 and I have nothing but positive things to say. Our day was amazing thanks to the hard work of the Chandler Hill. From the very beginning we felt special and well taken care of. It was always easy to contact someone, they were... Read More willing to talk and meet whenever we wanted, and were helpful in planning and providing ideas. The venue is stunning, the food is amazing, the view in incredible, the facilities beautiful. WE LOVED CHANDLER HILL!

Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Lauren S

I was a member of the wedding party when my good friends were married at Chandler Hill. Everything was absolutely beautiful! The deck provided gorgeous views, the staff was amazing and the food was terrific! It was such a beautiful and memorable experience and I can't... Read More wait to visit again!

Spectacular Vineyard for a wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Bridget D

This Vineyard is beyond words of breath-taking! It was the perfect location to do a ceremony & a reception! It is a drive from the St. Louis area, but worth it. Make sure to schedule a hotel block for you & your guests, because it is tucked away on some very windy roads. We... Read More stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in O'Fallon, MO. Megan, our venue coordinTor was amazing! She was very attentive to all of our needs, Especiallly since we had a family passing in the same week. We couldn't of asked for a more empathic, beautifully spirited person! She is great at what she does & truly enjoys it! Thank you Megan! All of the staff was incredible, they even have vegetarian dishes that they bring out to your vegan/vegetarian guests! We were even allowed to bring our dog, Addie to the venue, including he attending the ceremony! I would also like to say thank you to the amazing kitchen & wait staff, the Chef & the wedding coordinators for all of your wonderful effect! It was not a wedding with out the help of you all. This place is a winner if you want to make sure you have the most stunning wedding for your memories! It is worth it! Thanks, again!!!

AMAZING and ELEGANT VENUE

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Jessica P

My husband and I had our wedding at Chandler Hill Vineyards on September 26th, 2014. Everything about our day was so perfect. We have not stop getting comments about how beautiful our wedding was and how perfect the venue was. Everything about our experience at Chandler Hill was... Read More amazing. The first time we went and looked at the venue, everyone was so nice and so accommodating to all our questions. They made us feel like they really cared to have our business. Throughout the process, they maintained to keep in touch with us. They sent emails and made sure to keep up with all the information that they needed throughout the process. They didn't miss anything! Everyone we worked with was so nice, and on top of everything, the venue was absolutely amazing! The food was amazing, the bar was basically anything you wanted to drink, the atmosphere was amazing and all of this for an great value! I can't express enough how happy my husband and I were that we chose this venue. We honestly looked at probably 30+ venues in the St. Louis area, and every single time we couldn't get over how great our experience was when we went to visit Chandler Hill Vineyards. The outdoor patio and the inside of the vineyards looks like a winery in California. It's so beautiful and made for such an elegant wedding, and the fact that you are able to privately use the winery for your entire day is great. Some wineries are still open to the public during weddings. If you are considering a St. Louis wedding, I would look no further and have both your wedding and ceremony at Chandler Hill Vineyards. It was amazing and everything was so beautiful! We honestly could not be more happy with everything that Chandler Hill had to offer!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

I got married at Chandler Hill in September 2012...everything about it was perfect. The food, wine, the beautiful setting, the fabulous staff...couldn't have been happier. We love to go back often and think about that night all of the time!

Start a Conversation!