Cuisine

American, French, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

2920 Sidco Drive, Nashville, TN (615) 977-4925

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Jordan R

Chef Penelope and team are incredible! Normally wedding food has a connotation of being bland and "wedding food" but not Chef Penelope's! Our guests raved over the food and said it was the some of the best food they had eaten, not just at weddings! We had a dessert bar through... Read More her too and the brownies had gold dust on them- so beautiful!!! Everything was delicious and beautiful really! She gets to know your culinary preferences and has fun twists for something even as simple as mac and cheese. Can't say enough about this amazing team!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Victoria V

Wow! What an amazing team to work with. They went above and beyond to make our menu custom to our taste and more like restaurant food than traditional wedding food.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Danielle W

I would give Chef P more than 5 stars if I could! The food was AMAZING! People could not stop raving about it (the mashed potatoes are to die for)! The entire staff was so friendly and accommodating - they stayed in contact throughout the whole planning process, and made the... Read More MANY updates I requested. I absolutely recommend Chef Penelope!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Caitlin F

We loved working with Chef Penelope, Mackenzie and their team for our wedding! We had passed around appetizers, a buffet, and late night snacks and many of our guests told us how good the food was. For our late night snacks, we wanted to have food from Chicago and Philadelphia... Read More as that is where we are from, and they were able to make soft pretzels and Chicago style hot dogs and they were delicious! Would highly recommend using their services. They are reasonable priced, very helpful, and their food was really good!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Emma D

Chef and her team were wonderful! We've received endless compliments about how wonderful the food was (especially the Mac n cheese). They were very professional and willing to answer any and all of my annoying questions. The day of the wedding passed seamlessly and our to go box... Read More was delicious ! So happy with Chef and her team on our wedding day!!

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Shannon T

Chef Penelope and her team were a delight to work with. Face-to-face meetings and follow-up were all excellent - cheerful, professional and prompt throughout. We put together a really lovely menu, and they were ready to go above and beyond as we brainstormed and dreamed on that... Read More front. They were also very accommodating to my gluten-free needs. Staff at the wedding itself were really excellent. And last but not least, many of our guests have raved about the food, including more than one "best wedding food ever" comment. Go to one of her tastings if you can - fun night!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Megan L

Chef Penelope and her crew were SO AMAZING! Our guests are STILL raving about the food from our September wedding! I highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Hillary S

Chef Penelope's Catering was great to work with. The food was great, all our guests raved about the mac & cheese! They were accommodating with a request for cotton candy which was awesome! My only reason for giving 4 stars instead of 5 is that at our initial meeting it was... Read More stated that there would be plenty of disposable cutlery/plates/napkins for guests, but it was never mentioned at that meeting or on our quote, or any other communication, that we would need to provide our own forks/plates/napkins for the cake. From the get-go however, cake cutting was provided at no additional cost, which was greatly appreciated. It wasn't until our final invoice came that it was printed in bold that Chef P's did not provide cake forks/plates/napkins. Not a huge deal or big cost, just more annoying than anything. Overall, great experience working with them! Very knowledgable about our venue and helpful with any request or question throughout the process!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Meghan A

Chef and her team were great to work with! There were a few non-traditional aspects to our catering as well as a couple of allergies, and CPC was so helpful and accommodating throughout! They also made sure my husband and I had a big serving of food at our reception and sent... Read More us home with lots of leftovers!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Stephanie C

Chef Penelope's catering was an absolute dream to work with. The food was DELICIOUS and they were kind, considerate, honest, and dedicated. Chef P worked very hard to say "yes" to every whim and request I could think of. And, they did successfully say "Yes" to everything I... Read More asked for including the creation of a veterans discount for us. How wonderful!! The price was fair and affordable, and they were so, so wonderful to work with. They love weddings and brides, and understand the chaos that comes along with weddings. In a world where people often think the worst and don't trust one another, this amazing Caterer and her staff assumed positive intent throughout a few little mix ups and remained completely kind and understanding. It was refreshing to be understood and to feel valued even when I changed my mind and was difficult. If I ever need to hire a caterer for ANYTHING ever again, Chef Penelope's will be an automatic decision! Thank you, Chef P!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Megan O

Our first impression was our delicious tasting. Very prompt with emails! They were accommodating of our budget and made sure we had a wonderful meal. The service on our wedding day was great! Two servers met my groom and I with our plates before we even got to the buffet to make... Read More sure we ate. Highly recommended vendor!

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Catherine M

Chef Penelope was a dream - our families still rave that we had the best wedding food they've had! We went with international food stations and in our first meeting with CP's team, my husband and I told Steven about all of the dishes my husband used to make for me when he was... Read More still winning my affection. When I received our preliminary menu, Steven had truly listened to our story and included all of our favorite flavors (down to the mango thai chili risotto that we used to make!). Most of our guests told us later that they had gone back up to the stations for seconds and thirds! CP had setup a private dinner for us and the staff was so attentive and made sure my husband and I never had to ask for a thing. The presentation of our stations was gorgeous and they even made our to-go dinner beautiful! I would absolutely recommend Chef Penelope's team to any Nashville couple - the team was so responsive and upbeat. The whole process was stress-free and delicious!

Amazing Food

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Lydia v

Chef Penelope worked with us to make a night full of food that would please us and please our guests. She called us personally and worked with us over the phone as well as through emails as we were not able to get down to Nashville before the wedding. Everyone loved the food and... Read More she was great to work with!

Delicious Food & Unpretentious

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Allie C

I loved working with Chef Penelope and am really happy with how everything turned out! Our food was delicious and we only heard lovely reviews from our guests. And, no one left hungry (my worst fear)! During the planning process, the team was incredibly welcoming of my ideas... Read More and forthcoming with the best solution for my wedding menu. What I really appreciated is their ability to accommodate reasonable requests without skimping on quality.

Great value if you do your homework

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Kaley P

I learned very quickly that doing your homework with catering companies will pay off. I wanted to use Chef Penelope from the beginning but their quote was a bit higher than I wanted. I shopped the quote to 4 other catering companies and Chef Penelope matched my lowest bid! The... Read More service was incredible and the quality of food was great; however, they were not the best at reading the crowd and took the food stations away too early as the bridal party arrived later from taking pictures than anticipated and very few were able to eat. We also ran out of buns for the sliders which was disappointing considering we gave Chef Penelope's catering two weeks advance notice of the change in guest count. Overall, though, a very positive experience.

excellent food but poor service

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Latangela L

The food was great and Chef Penelope was really nice, however I felt that everything was not disclosed when I choose the venue and the cater. I felt that I was told that a meal would be prepared for us after the wedding. I do not know what our food taste like but I was told that... Read More it was great. Needless to say we went to bed hungry and ate breakfast the next morning at Cracker Barrel. I felt we spent a lot of money for others to eat. I also felt that the staff was more concerned with the numbers that attending to the bride and groom. Also I did not see the Chef Penelope there, so that's a question I did not ask. Will the chef be present or will there be representatives?

Great tasting and good looking!

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Amanda M

Great food , tons of options, and are completely willing to think outside the box to meet your needs and not charge you extra (if possible). They were provided through my wedding vender Mint Springs Farm. I was 100% satisfied with them!

Perfect Choice for Us!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Sandi C

Chef Penelope's Catering provided and served food for our wedding and provided bar service for our cocktail hour and reception. Chef Penelope & Anita were a joy to work with! They were able to work with our budget and provide us with everything we wanted. They were always prompt... Read More in getting back to us when we had questions or wanted to make changes. The food was absolutely delicious! The staff were friendly and fast! The only negative thing that I can think of, which upset my parents since they paid for the food, was that we were not given the food that was left over from the reception. They did send a to go box with samplings of food from the reception with my husband and me though. Other than that Chef Penelope's Catering was the perfect choice for our wedding and I'm so glad we chose them!! If you're looking for food that you and your guests will enjoy at a reasonable price, Chef Penelope's catering is the way to go!

Fantastic Caterers

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Jennifer W

I have loved every minute that I have spent with Chef Penelope and Anita. They are fantastic people and run a fantastic business. The food is great. The servers they hired at our wedding were also great and very professional. If you go with Chef Penelope, make sure to try the... Read More focaccia bread!

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Meghan R

We met with Chef Penelope and her assistant one week night, tasted some of their food, and then immediately signed a contract. She was so quick to work with us on our budget and provide exactly what we wanted. The wedding day was flawless - her servers were fantastic and THE... Read More FOOD! Our guests are STILL ranting and raving over the food!! You MUST get the salad (that dressing is phenomenal) and we got turkey with gravy and a cranberry chutney that was TO DIE FOR. Seriously- you will not be sorry!! They are awesome!

Love Penelope

Reviewed on 5/28/2014 Lina

Chef Penelope and her team are the best. She is one of the preferred caterers for our venue, and when we went to a tasting we were hooked. Not only was her food delicious, but she helped us create an amazing and fun vegetarian menu featuring her RIDICULOUS mac and cheese.... Read More While she wasn't able to be at our wedding, her staff was wonderfully attentive to us, and the food got rave reviews. She also invites her catering "alumni" back for a tasting, which I think is so sweet.

Mouth-watering

Reviewed on 5/06/2013 Deb A

Chef Penelope is incredible. So many flavors in all the dishes, I can't decide what was my favorite - oh wait, it was the ice cream bar. We had Chicken with tomatoes and onions in a white wine reduction sauce, peppercorn roast beef with a red wine reduction sauce, (get this)... Read More goat cheese mashed potatoes and several other very inventive dishes that burst in your mouth with flavor. I make cakes - it's what I do, so having a cake at my wedding seemed kind of pasee. Instead I asked Chef if we could do an ice cream bar. She was almost as excited abuot it as I was. Incredible vanilla ice cream to start with, then a whole mess of toppings to go on them. It was my piece de resistance! It may not sound like a big deal to anyone else, but if you have a love affair with ice cream like I do, you'll understand. She was willing to go out of her way to make exactly what I wanted. And everything was incredible. Lucky for me, Chef Penelope is the resident chef at Mint Springs Farm, the all-inclusive venue we chose. What a fantastic pairing! For that reason, i'm not entirely sure what the food budget was, but I am certain that we got at least our money's worth (probably more). She was incredible to work with too.