Chic, Style and Creativity

Tell your love story to the world. At Chic Weddings & Events, we are always fascinated by weddings and the moments that the friends and family share on this special occasion. Our expertise is building a personalized unique love story based on your ideas and details. We can't wait to get started!

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Alexandria, VA Washington, Maryland & Virginia! (707) 486-1624

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Morgan L

Leigh was an absolute heaven send on my wedding day/days leading up to my wedding. She went above and beyond to make sure a week out I didn't have to worry about anything and when something did go haywire she was there to smooth it over. Her and Sandy were so attentive and... Read More helpful on the wedding day, even my sweet groom was impressed. Long story short, Chic Weddings & Events is well worth the money spent.

2016-11-03T11:37:28 Response from the vendor

We love your wedding Morgan! That is our Leigh! She is the best and always goes above and beyond! Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Angela F

Leigh was so helpful and incredibly fun to work with during the planning of my NYE wedding! I'd strongly recommend her!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 E W

I could not speak more highly of Sandy and her team! They were professional, experienced and extremely knowledgable of the entire planning process and wedding industry. They went above & beyond their scope of work and saved me lots of time and money throughout the process. I... Read More honestly don't know how I couldn't have gotten through my wedding without them! Thank you, Sandy!!!

2016-09-20T20:31:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you Erica for your kinds words! It was a honor to be part of you and Sam's wedding. I wanted to be there for you and do whatever we need to make sure you had the best wedding experience ever!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Ann G

My husband and I will never be able to say enough about Leigh Frigm. My wedding felt magical and perfect, and so much of that was due to Leigh’s calm presence and her competence. She went so far above and beyond my expectations, and she did everything in her power to make sure... Read More my wedding day was a dream come true. Not only was she incredibly helpful and organized, she truly loves what she does and I felt like she cared about me and my fiancé (now husband)! We encountered snafus with the flowers, issues with some vendor contracts, and several unexpected challenges, and she was always ready with a solution, even if it meant hours of extra work. (All problems were ones she inherited, then stepped in to solve). She thought of everything, she remembered every detail, and on my wedding day she seemed to always be next to me exactly when I needed her. My fiancé and I had several special touches that were important to us, and Leigh made sure nothing was forgotten and that my vision was realized. Wedding planning is so stressful! Every time I spoke with Leigh that stress evaporated. Leigh is not just amazing at her job, she is a wonderful person who cares deeply about each bride she works with, and I am so grateful she was there to help myself and my husband through one of the most momentous days of our life.

2017-06-05T21:11:39 Response from the vendor

Ann & Drew, thanks so much for sharing this! Leigh is one of the best! We are so honor to be part of your magical day!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Kathy M

Imagine it is three months before your wedding and the holidays are right around the corner. And you've been diligent at keeping up with your wedding budget. Unexpectedly, you find out that you need to have a day of wedding coordinator. What a wreck...but that's not how the... Read More story ended!!! Fortunately, my husband and I found Chic!!! From our first conversation with Leigh, we knew that they were going to help us create the wedding we wanted through her questions of our own personal stories, how we met, and our shared values and philosophies. What we received was sanity, calmness and tremendous support through the roller coaster ride leading up to and including our wedding day. We were assured time and again, that the wedding was going to work out with Chic by our side. Thank you Leigh and Sandy!!!!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Marc L

My wife and I found chic weddings after an extensive review of wedding coordinators about three months prior to our wedding. We initially did not have a wedding coordinator but we had to scramble when our venue coordinator left the venue company. We wound up working very... Read More closely with Leigh, who spent a good amount of time in our initial session hearing her story and again in another session in person helping to understand what my wife and I already started working on. From that point forward we had everything in control. And this became quite true or the day of our wedding. Her and the company founder, Sandy, or superb in how they helped to execute an amazing wedding that my wife and I had dreamed about. We profoundly appreciate the amount of professionalism and pride that they put towards their work with us. We wholeheartedly recommend their services if you want to execute a wedding that you deserve.

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Jackie C

We chose Sandy as our day of coordinator and cannot rave enough about her. She really was a pleasure to work with- super attentive and professional. The whole planning process was extremely overwhelming but from the moment we hired Sandy, she made it all so much smoother and... Read More made us feel at ease. From vendor recommendations, to coordinating lunch, to physically running out to stores last minute to pick up a guest book(which we completely forgot), - Sandy went above and beyond the call of duty. I truly don't know what we would have done without her!!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Gina R

Leigh is an enormous reason that I not only enjoyed my wedding - but enjoyed the planning process as well - something I had been dreading! People commented on how relaxed I seemed and it's all due to her. I interviewed 4 planners and the minute I talked to Leigh on the phone I... Read More knew I wanted to work with her. She is knowledgeable, patient, sweet, calming and inspires confidence. She genuinely wanted me to enjoy my wedding, and intuitively understood what I wanted even when I poorly articulated it. She has excellent taste and the space looked exactly the way I wanted it to -- even though all I had time to do was send over a few pictures, say "elegant and cozy winter wedding", and offer a shoestring flower budget. (I never even had to talk to a florist - she handled all of it!) Like many in DC, I work long hours and was worried I couldn't afford the type of support I wanted -- Leigh worked with me on budget and the whole time made me feel like a five star client. During the wedding she handled a couple of unexpected situations with grace (unexpected guests!) to the point that I was happy they happened. I had three different friends/family members approach me about how great she was - and she really is. I just wish I could have hung out with her at the wedding! Leigh: Thank you around the moon and back.

2016-12-14T21:10:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Gina for your genuine words about Leigh! We are so grateful to have her on our team! Your family and friends were so much fun and really enjoyed the wedding! And YES you were so relaxed and having a great time! Cheers to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Chayla S

We worked with Leigh as our day of coordinator for our wedding. The thing we liked about Chic Weddings & Events is that they start working three months out. Other companies I researched only started a month out. Leigh was personable and professional. We loved working with her... Read More and she made our wedding day flow seamlessly. We did not have to worry about anything, other than having fun. If we ever have a need coordinator again, we'll be contacting Leigh at Chic Wedding & Events.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Carrie B

I am so grateful I met Leigh from Chic Weddings and Events at a wedding expo! From the first phone call, and meeting, all the way to the wedding day (and beyond!) she has been absolutely amazing to work with. If you had asked us when we started planning our wedding we never... Read More thought we would have needed a day of coordinator had our venue not required it - but I have to say I am incredibly glad they did, and I would recommend Leigh and Chic Weddings to any one I know! You don't realize how much help this will be but truly you want Leigh on your side on your wedding day!!! Her attention to detail and level of organization was better than we could have imagined. As a side note, Leigh helped me make a big decision regarding my wedding dress and without her I am certain I wouldn't have been as happy with my choice. I honestly could not imagine going through this process without her. Also, affordable for the services you receive, high value - it is not just the "day of" that they coordinate, well worth every penny!

2016-09-23T15:17:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Leigh is one of my best! Our day of coordination is not just for the day but being there for all the important details of your day! Leigh truly wants your day to be the best and will do anything to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 KB K

We had a great day and we were actually able to enjoy the day thanks to Sandy at Chic weddings. So much planning before the big day, I was amazed at the coordination and work needed the day of the wedding and Sandy had it all covered for us. She followed up with all of our... Read More vendors, helped our guests at the hotel and somehow managed to gather all of our things from the house, venue, hotel, and limo and get everything back to us the next day. She took care of little details and big, made sure the set up was perfect and her rates are very reasonable. Having Sandy there was one of the best decisions of the wedding.

2016-08-30T21:16:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was so fun and your guests really enjoy it!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Cristina O

We hired Sandy as a wedding coordinator to assist us with our interfaith wedding. Let me just say that the preparations were daunting- our wedding day would begin at 6:00 AM and feature two separate ceremonies and a reception. From day one, Sandy was dedicated and made sure... Read More to get to know us well in advance to be ready to make decisions on our behalf on our big day! Chic Weddings & Events is the only wedding coordinator that offered to meet with us 3 months from our wedding day without an added cost. The only one from all the other vendors I had contacted. Sandy scheduled in-person and phone meetings with both my now-husband and I to ensure we were on track with our seemingly never-ending to-do list. We felt she was there to support us through it all. Also, the day-of, she willingly took on additional responsibilities (i.e., placed bows at the church because the assigned person was not present to do it - I'll never forget that). At one point, she was even doing my hair because the hair stylist did not have the bandwidth to do everyone's hair on time. It was apparent that Chic Weddings & Event kept everyone in line. Some of our guests commented on how it was apparent that she was in control. In retrospect, we realize how we would have never been able to do it and truly live our monumental day without Sandy's team. They were instrumental to the success of our wedding! We highly recommend her!!

2016-08-15T21:08:02 Response from the vendor

Thanks Cristina & David! It was a wonderful blend of you two! Love every moment of it.

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Jenny S

Sandy was great and helped us pull EVERYTHING together during the last few months of our wedding planning. She was so patient and helpful during the whole process. I would recommend her to everyone getting married in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area.

2016-08-15T21:07:02 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Jenny! We loved your wedding and you are AWESOME!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Stewart B

Leigh is the absolute best! Thoughtful and detail oriented, she made our dream a reality! Mostly, she took all the stress of the day away! I'm not sure I could have done it without her, and I couldn't recommend anyone higher! You won't regret hiring this dream team for whatever... Read More you need.

2016-07-31T21:08:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks for sharing! Leigh is a superstar!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Ashley J

AMAZING! Olivia came on board as our wedding coordinator a few months before our wedding and it was truly the best decision we made. In fact, if I could do it over again I would have hired her when I first started planning the wedding. Olivia was so organized and on top of... Read More everything. She was always available to chat if I had any questions or concerns. The day of, Olivia and Ella made sure everything ran smoothly and that everyone was where they needed to be on time. They helped set up the reception, which looked amazing, coordinated with vendors, even ran out during the reception to grab eye lash glue, and had everything cleaned up and in my suite at the end of the night. I did not have to worry about anything! I had multiple people come up and tell me how much they loved our planners. They really were the best!

2016-07-10T22:35:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for these kinds words for Olivia and Ella! They are amazing coordinators!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Le Chateau d

I had the pleasure of working with Ms. Olivia Moore twice, now. She is incredibly great at what she does as an event coordinator. She stays calm under pressure, anticipates your needs and is an excellent communicator. As a business owner, myself, I recognize the qualities to... Read More look for in another vendor. Weddings are a big deal--as big as they get-- and I get asked all the time who I would recommend for certain services. If I can't think of someone in the first three seconds, they haven't earned my referral! Olivia certainly has earned that privilege and I am at ease knowing my clients are in good hands. Looking forward to our next endeavor, together!

2016-07-31T21:09:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words regarding Olivia! She is one of the best!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Devin T

Leigh & Sandy were awesome!! Before working with them, we interviewed multiple other planners. What made Chic Weddings & Events stand out was their positive can-do attitude! They really do work hard to meet your expectations. They are quite experienced, very... Read More detail-oriented, great communicators, and very adaptable. They anticipate problems before they arise and can troubleshoot just about anything on the day of the wedding. All of our guests loved them and even told us how good of a job they did!

2016-06-21T21:01:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for these kind words! We love being part of your wedding!

Literal angels!

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Hifza W

I don't think I will put into words exactly how helpful Leigh was to my wedding, it just wouldn't do it justice, but I will try! How are weddings even planned without you Leigh? She is AMAZING, I had to put my wedding together in a short amount of time, and if she hadn't been my... Read More wedding planner, I don't know if I would have pulled it off. Her attention to detail, and constant friendly reminders kept me right on track. I cannot leave out Sandy who I am quite certain could rule the world with her "can - do" attitude. Leigh also was able to cushion any curve balls thrown my way while planning for the wedding and on the day of. Her attitude and presence kept me calm and collected as the wedding day started out with a somber mood, due to a death in the family. For anyone thinking they do not need a planner for your big day, please reconsider and while you are doing that, give Leigh and Sandy a call at Chic Weddings & Events, these women are the sweetest and most dependent people to have on your side as you prepare for one of the most important days of your life!

A Wedding Better than My Dreams

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Claire L

When my sister-in-law's family told us to hire a wedding planner, we scoffed. Surely we, mature adults, could plan a wedding ourselves! But by only 8 months away we were panicking, and so we contracted Leigh, who had been referred to us by those self-same prophetic family... Read More members. Hiring Leigh was the best decision we could have made. As soon as she came on board she was helping us interface with vendors and negotiating family tensions. The hotel we worked with was particularly inept, but Leigh very deftly handled them and made sure our reception went off without a hitch. She was also constantly providing us with ideas about how to make our ceremony personal and unique. And she not only took care of all the big things, she made sure every little detail was perfect as well. I cannot imagine having had such a wonderful wedding without her, and everyone who worked with her agreed that she was professional, knowledgeable, and also a joyful person to be around. Thank you so much Leigh and Chic Weddings. We literally could not have done this without you.

Wedding of My Dreams

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Erin G

Leigh Frigm was our day of coordinator for my wedding in D.C. and my wedding was better then anything I could have imagined Both my parents and I live in different states (NC, OH respectively) and we never thought that this process would be easy. But that was before we... Read More contacted Leigh. Leigh is absolutely amazing. She is so efficient and responsive, it will put all your other vendors to shame. I am so thankful that we had Leigh to help us, it meant the world. If you are having a wedding in the DC area then you need to contact Chic Weddings & Events... you will not be disappointed!!!!!

The Best!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Michelle C

Leigh did a fantastic job with our wedding! From day one, she was so friendly and personable and offered to help in any way possible. As we got closer to the wedding, she took over communication with our vendors, pointed out anything we could have overlooked, and was super... Read More attentive to details. We were surprised to find out that she had an entire team to help us on our wedding day! Leigh, Sandy, and Ella took care of everything so perfectly! The reception decor and setup looked amazing! Sandy even had a plate full of appetizers for myself and the bridesmaids as we were freshening up in the hotel room after the ceremony! Leigh snapped polaroid photos of our guest and captured memories that otherwise may have not been recorded. The quality of service we received from Chic Wedding & Events was beyond expectations and we could not have asked for more, y'all were fantastic! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a coordinator.

Fantastic Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Joseph G

We chose Leigh as our day-of wedding planner and it was one of the best decisions that we have ever made. She was extremely responsive to emails and phone calls. I truly had nothing to worry about on my daughter's wedding day except for relaxing and enjoying the moment! Her... Read More vendor recommendations were spot on and she is very organized and efficient! Leigh is cool-headed under pressure and extremely professional. I loved working with Leigh and will definitely use her in the future for baby showers.

Leigh was the best!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Lauren S

I was married in November 2014 and Leigh Frigm was my wedding coordinator; from our first meeting I just felt like she got me and the vision I had for my wedding. We choose the day of coordinating package, which if I was to give any advice to a future bride is to have someone... Read More like this to take over for the Big Day! Leigh made sure everything went smoothly for the 3 months before as well. I was married at Ft. Myers with reception on Ft. McNair, so there were tons of logistical elements to be seen because both are military bases. Leigh made sure everyone was kept in the loop and was super prompt with follow ups. Her professionalism and classic style really aligned with the over all look I was going for and she gave great examples of what has worked and not worked in previous weddings. The day of she had a team that were there to set up the venue, keep everyone on schedule, and prompt each necessary part of the evening (i.e. toasts, cake cutting, dances). I literally can't praise Chic Wedding Events & Leigh enough! I had a beautiful Washington, DC wedding and she made sure myself, husband, bridal party, family, and guest had a spectacular evening!!

Most definitely recommend!! Excellent Vendor!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Erin B

I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about Leigh (and her partner Sandy)! As the bride, my attention to detail and vision for my big day were very incredibly important and Leigh was able to meet or exceed our very high standards throughout the entire process. Leigh... Read More was incredibly timely, professional, fun, and had great ideas -- working with her was a complete joy. Leigh's ability to coordinate all of the vendors and every last detail was a huge relief to me, and she made our wedding day seamless and enjoyable. If there were any problems and issues on the big day, Leigh handled those effortlessly, and met my needs without causing me any worries or stress -- a skill that is truly priceless! I felt 110% confident that Leigh would execute our vision and boy was I right -- she did a phenomenal job. I have been to several weddings/events where the planner made a huge difference in the success of the overall outcome and flow of the wedding - and without a doubt I would recommend Leigh to execute this flawlessly for your event! I will always have such wonderful memories of the big day, due in large part to Leigh and her excellent work, she really does go above and beyond for her clients and for this type A, detail oriented bride :) , Leigh was the perfect fit, and did an amazing job!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Anna S

Sandy and her team were so helpful, especially with transportation vendors for our guests. Her recommendations were spot on. She oversaw every logistical detail and allowed us to enjoy our daughter's wedding day, knowing everything would be just as the bride and groom wanted... Read More it. She was professional, personable, experienced and thorough. Reasonably priced for the services provided. Heartily recommend! She was a joy to work with.

2015-07-07T22:40:02 Response from the vendor

We loved working with you as well! Transportation is so important and I wanted guests to be comfortable. We are so honored you and your daughter chose us to be part of your special day!

Sandy Yi-Davis

Sandy have been in the weddings and events industry for over 15 years. Her career started from the West Coast in San Francisco at one of the most famous hotel on Union Square. She has had the opportunity to plan events including galas, fundraisers, presidential details and weddings. In 2007, she moved to Washington DC to explore her style. Sandy believes that love is in the details and every weddings has its own unique style!​