Chris Carter Photography

This husband & wife team has been creating wedding memories for over 9 years together! They share a simple philosophy: Capture moments planned and unplanned well and with style! Offices are located in Orange County & NYC. They look forward to meeting with you soon! Happy wedding planning!

Lifestyle

Second Shooter Available

56 SOUTHERN LN, WARWICK, NY

Photos of a Lifetime

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Kathryn K

My husband and I found Chris Carter Photography on the knot. When we sat down to meet with Chrissy, we were blown away by her personality, friendliness, and ability to make us laugh. We knew that if she could make us this comfortable in her office, we would feel great taking... Read More pictures with her! We did an engagement session in November (because we were having a July wedding, and wanted pictures in another season). It was a great way to get to know Chris and Chrissy and get comfortable with them. We had so much fun! The pictures came out beautiful and there were so many that we loved, we had a hard time choosing for our save the dates. We got our pictures back quickly, and it made us so excited for the wedding photos. In addition to being great behind the lens, Chris and Chrissy responded the quickest by email and phone of all of our vendors! It was so nice to have quick responses to little questions about details. On the big day, everyone photographed by Chris and Chrissy raved about them. Our bridal party loved the energy and excitement they brought, and our photos came out STUNNING! There are so many amazing shots! Overall, we highly suggest Chris Carter Photography for your big day. You will feel comfortable, relaxed, and excited to have them take your photos. We can't wait to eventually take family photos with them some day : )

Top Notch!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Mary

Being a wedding photographer myself, choosing someone to photograph our wedding was one of the biggest decisions we needed to to make. The first thing everyone asked me about our wedding was "who is going to be your photographer?" and said "that must be so hard to choose." Some... Read More may think choosing a wedding photographer is easy just by picking someone who's work is good. But finding someone who has beautiful work and a great personality can be difficult. Not only are Chris Carter Photography's photos beautiful and creative, Chris and Chrissy are two of the most kind, caring and reliable people I have ever met. Upon meeting Chrissy for the first time, within minutes we connected. I knew right then that they were the perfect choice for our wedding. You are with your wedding photographers all day long and I knew that Chrissy and Chris would be an absolute joy to be around that day, and they definitely were. The day of the wedding Chrissy and Chris blended right in and seamlessly became part of the day. They were always around, but never seen. They were wonderful with our families and large bridal party. Everyone felt comfortable and at ease, and that shows in our photos. They made taking photos fun and enjoyable for everyone. They had so many great ideas and were open to mine as well. We just received all of our photos and one after the next gets better and better. Choosing photos for our album will be difficult, as there are so many amazing and creative shots. I cannot wait to share all of our photos with our family and friends for years to come! I would recommend Chris and Chrissy to anyone!

Great Value, Perfect Pics

Reviewed on 4/18/2014 Kerry S

Photos are so expensive, and in the Hudson Valley area, it's difficult to find even a basic package by someone reputable for less than $5000. Enter Chris and Chrissy! From the beginning, they were extremely approachable. My husband and I were living about an hour and a half... Read More from the area, and Chrissy was very accommodating about doing business primarily through phone and email--and responded to emails in no time flat! I was very concerned about how photos would come out because I was having a winter wedding where the default outside photos would not be possible. Also, my church is very strict about pictures and I was warned by other brides that the rules can be cumbersome for some photogs. Luckily, Chris and Chrissy had a great knowledge of both our church and our venue and had amazing suggestions for how to supplement for the outdoor pics that most people have at their weddings. They really listened to what we wanted and were completely unintrusive on our day. They worked really well (and were very patient with) our friends and family who can be like herding cats and got the posed shots out of the way in a very efficient amount of time--we even got to go to our cocktail hour. The candid shots were the most important to me, as we have a pretty rowdy group of friends and family who know how to have fun, and the dance floor pictures really captured the spirit of our wedding, without there feeling like flashes were going off in our faces the whole time we were dancing. The quality of our pictures, also, was incredible. I cannot begin to say how many people have come to me and said, just from the preview ones posted on Facebook, how beautiful our pictures were. My best friend is getting married in August and immediately scooped up Chris and Chrissy for her wedding the day after ours! I cannot wait to start putting our album together--the only con is that it will be so hard to choose which pics to add. We are incredibly lucky that such a kind, efficient, talented couple is working OCNY weddings! Thank you so much Chris and Chrissy!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Amanda K

If you are looking for a dream team who will produce rockstar photos stop here and book them before someone else does. These two are worth every penny and more! We booked them for our engagement photos and still drool over how gorgeous they turned out. All we had to do was lean,... Read More smile, kiss, and laugh.. they did the rest. Both Chris and Chrissy are extremely creative and know what will look fabulous. Two years went by and they photograph our wedding and were even better. They made the day so magical and the preview pictures are to die for- we can't wait for the final album. All of the toddlers loved them and they had the patience of saints when both the little kids and the bigger kids (adults) wanted to party but there was just 1 more shot that we wanted. My mom was unable to attend after being hospitalized the week of the wedding and there were certain shots she specifically asked for and they went above and beyond capturing them. We just adore their love of photography, their super fun spirit, and the relationship they have as a husband and wife team! You will not be disappointed!! Our wedding day was that much more relaxing, allowing us to enjoy our day, because we put all of our trust in this wonderful team!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Christina K

Amazing! I fell in love with Chris & Chrissy from the moment we walked into their offices to discuss booking. Chrissy is hysterical and we immediately hit it off. I trusted them completely from day one. The whole time taking my pictures my entire bridal party, including the six... Read More kids under 7 years old, were laughing & enjoying the moment. I am so happy Chris & Chrissy were at our wedding, I can’t thank them enough. My photographs gave me goose bumps. Furthermore, there were some last minute fire drills that came up while everyone was getting ready that was beyond anyone’s control. Chris took the reins & got everyone together on the same page to execute the best day of our lives. They went above & beyond for us!

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Jillian I

This husband and wife team was amazing! We had so many people comments on how they can't believe how late they stayed, they give you a great number of hours for their rate. You can't find two nicer people, they made everyone feel so comfortable and had us laughing the entire... Read More time we were with them. We had our preview pictures within 2 days and they were STUNNING, we are so excited for the rest to come! These two really know what they are doing and I couldn't be happier that we chose them to photograph our wedding.. We will for sure be back for baby pictures!

Reviewed on 4/26/2016 Dani B

This couple photography team is amazing. We had a huge bridal party with 4 kids and they handled them so well - made them laugh for every picture. The time and thought they put into each picture was so noticeable. Every family member and bridal party member was so impressed by... Read More these two. I can't say enough. Reasonably priced, so easy to work with, and they have a real gift and passion for what they do. Please do yourself a favor and book these photographers for your next event or shoot

Reviewed on 2/13/2016 John L

Working with Chris & Chrissy was truly such a pleasure! They are incredible photographers and we couldn't be happier with our wedding pictures. On top of that they are extremely organized and made the daunting process of various family portrait/bridal party combinations a total... Read More breeze. I hardly remember seeing them during the ceremony and reception but looking through the pictures, they captured all the special moments and got shots of all our friends and family throughout the night. We couldn't have pick better photographers for our special day! Thank you!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Kaitlyn H

I cannot thank Chris and Chrissy enough for the gorgeous pictures they took of my newborn!! This couple is so professional, personable, and funny! I thought going to their studio with a 5 day old would be nerve wrecking but instead it was such a fun and exciting day. Not only... Read More do they work incredibly well together but they are also hysterical which made the shoot a blast! They were very careful to avoid the spread of germs to my baby, by washing their hands frequently and laundering all props and blankets with Dreft prior to our arrival! I really couldn't have dreamt of a better experience and the pictures they took were more amazing than I imagined. Chris and Chrissy are truly able to capture a moment perfectly so you will have a beautiful memory that will last forever.

Reviewed on 12/26/2015 Siri C

My husband and I loved our wedding photos from Chris Carter Photography. They turned out to be my favorite part of the wedding and 6 months later we still enjoy going through them. Chris went out of his way to make sure we didn't stress out too much. He was not afraid to get... Read More down and dirty to get a shot (at one point he was lying on the grass in the park we took our pre-wedding photos in and was kicking bird poop out of the way so it wouldn't get on my dress). He was so full of energy the entire night, it was amazing. I highly highly recommend him. It was such a pleasure and we couldn't imagine better photos.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Alexa v

Chris & Chrissy were so awesome to work with! From the first initial phone call we knew they would be the perfect fit for us. They were fun to work with and really made us feel at ease thru all the planning and on the big day. We absolutely love all the pictures and would... Read More highly recommend booking Chris Carter Photography!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 holly e

BEST DECISION!! Wedding planning didn't come easy for me with all the different choices out there, but when I got engaged the first and only thing I knew without a doubt was hiring Chris & Chrissy as photographers! I've been a guest at multiple weddings theyve photographed and... Read More their work is amazing. They go above and beyond for their clients, they are fun, professional and are genuinely excited for your big day! Having them made our wedding day go smoothly and we knew we would have beautiful photos! You will never regret choosing them! <3 We love Chris Carter Photography!!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Jessica G

Chris and Chrissy, Where to start?! Joe and I just want to thank you both SO much for all you have done for us over the year. When my husband and I met with Chrissy, we knew they would be the photographers we went with for our wedding. They are reasonably priced, while... Read More keeping quality in mind, which is so important! They spent a lot of time with us on our Engagement photos, and had them back to us within weeks! Before our wedding day, Chris and Chrissy reached out to us to make sure everything was set. They took the time to ask names of those they would see on the wedding day, and what shots we expected them to get. We just got our wedding photos back, and it just confirms how happy Joe and I am that we went with them. We highly recommend Chris Carter Photography to everyone, and we will definitely continue to use them in the future!

Fantastic Photographers!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Stephanie S

Chris and Chrissy Carter are an outstanding photography duo. I had seen their work for friends photos and new instantly that we needed them for our wedding. They are reasonably priced and very talented. They showed up early and stayed late to make sure they got the photos we... Read More wanted. They are very energetic and are amazing with kids. We had four kids under the age of 7 and they were able to keep their attention and make them smile while we were taking group shots. I have seen a preview of photos at this point and can't wait to see the rest. I would recommend Chris Carter Photography a thousand times over they are amazing!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Karen C

Stop looking for another photographer.....This husband wife duo is the bomb.......My friends had used them before and I loved their pictures....I just used them for my daughters wedding and cant say enough about them....I am extremely picky and wanted everything perfect....They... Read More were always there to answer questions within seconds of sending an e mail....Were able to give suggestions on places to take pictures and even sent us examples when asked.....They were there for us every step of the way.....I highly recommend them to anyone wanting a fun wedding photographer.....

Reviewed on 9/13/2015

Our pictures came out amazing!! and all i have seen so far is the teaser.. They are both the nicest people, will make you feel so comfortable , and make you laugh! so all the smiles in the pictures are 100 percent genuine. They even got my three year old nephew to smile.... Read More AMAZING . u can't get better then them for pictures. _ Kelly & Andrew Mougis 9/5/15

Amazing Photographs!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Chelsea C

Chris and Chrissy are without a doubt the best photography team we have ever met. They work together seamlessly, almost effortlessly, and are professional and engaging and completely dedicated to providing the highest quality photography services possible. We used them for both... Read More our engagement photo shoot and our wedding, and the photos they took for us are nothing less than stunning, beautiful, and exactly what every bride and groom imagines they will be. But Chris and Chrissy don't just provide awesome photos - they provide that intangible quality of being able to work with any and all personality types to make sure that the pictures come out the way they are supposed to look. At our wedding, we have many difficult family personalities, including people who "don't like to have their picture taken." Not only did Chris and Chrissy navigate all of these personalities with grace and ease, but our pictures with these individuals are probably some of the best we have ever seen of them. Long story short, Chris and Chrissy are prompt, professional, and excellent at what they do. Go with Chris and Chrissy, it will be the easiest and best decision you will make in the wedding planning process, and you will thank yourself that you didn't waste a second more in deciding whether to hire them. They are a must have for any Hudson River Valley wedding!

Photo Review

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Lauren F

I have to say, from the moment we met Chrissy, we loved her. She was so personable and fun, just what we wanted! We met in person and booked her and her husband right away. We emailed a lot and she was always very quick with her responses. The day of the wedding went so great!... Read More The fact that they are a husband/wife team we were able to stay traditional and not see each other. Chris took them men, and Chrissy took care of the women. My husband hates his smile in pictures and his best ones are when he is laughing. Chris made sure he did everything he could (even jumping up and down) to make him smile. Within a few days we already had some sample pictures emailed to us. I would recommend these 2 to anyone who asked!!!

Amazing Preview Pictures!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Annette M

I just got married on August 2nd, 2015 at The Grandview in Poughkeepsie and I had an excellent time working with Chris and Chrissy. Even though we did not meet them in person leading up to the Wedding, they were able to answer every question I had. I also liked how they listed... Read More their prices on their website. It just goes to show that they aren't doing some bogus or sketchy pricing like some other vendors we were looking at. I already love the amount of light in their photos and how meticulous they were in the set up of our group pictures. Feel free to check out my album on their Facebook page: Annette and Greg's 2015 Wedding The Grandview Events. I will add an additional review once I receive all the photos in about 2 months, but so far I am extremely pleased and would highly recommend them.

Perfectly Captured

Reviewed on 12/16/2014 Gretchen T

HOLY WOW! Chris and Chrissy of Chris Carter Photography are amazing at what they do! We loved them and they kept us smiling through the clouds, thunder, rain and eventually sunshine. Working with Chrissy the weeks before the wedding was enjoyable as she was so supportive of all... Read More of my ideas for pictures and locations (an apple orchard). She contacted the orchard, visited and scouted out the grounds for the best location. Its too bad that it rained on our parade so we werent able to go there (although they were completely willing to go- I didnt want to go with all of the water and mud before the ceremony) They worked well and were very funny with our 2 year old ring bearer (and the rest of the wedding party as well). This husband and wife team were so very accommodating as I wanted a couple special shots of family members etc- as well as some shots after the ceremony. We received our pictures a couple of days ago and I am blown away at every special moment they were able to capture. I was excited to see them - expecting a ton of pictures from prep, posing and ceremony. What I didnt expect was all of the wonderful moments they captured during our reception- because with everything going on - I dont remember seeing them there! They truly blended into the party. We cant thank you enough for the beautiful memories you captured.

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 H M

I found Chris and Chrissy on The Knot. My husband and I met with a couple photographers in person before making a decision. After meeting with Chrissy, we knew immediately that we wanted her to photograph our wedding. She was fun, upbeat, and made us feel comfortable in the... Read More office. We knew that she would make us feel the same way on our big day. We booked them a year and a half before our actual wedding day. Throughout the long engagement, she responded quickly to our emails and questions. The main reasons we booked them: fair price, (we got 2 photographers for the price of 1!), beautiful photos, and their personalities meshed well with ours. On our big day, Chris went with my husband and was able to photograph the guys at a separate location while Chrissy was with me. I have to say... they were put to the test. We have some tough personalities and they were able to handle them beautifully. We didn't have a huge bridal party to deal with but we did have a lot of different poses for the family pictures and they did all the poses we wanted. They were excellent with my 2 1/2 year old niece during pictures in getting her to laugh/smile for the pictures that she was in. They also were great in finding the spots around the Golf Course that would be excellent for pictures. We have seen some of their favorites, a sneak peak, and they are beautiful. We are waiting to see the rest, but I am sure that they are just as beautiful as the ones we have seen. The value, quality and service were all excellent! 2 photographers, 8 hours, beautiful pictures... we definitely would recommend them to everyone!!

exceptional photographers

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Chris & Chrissy are such amazing photographers! They captured all the moments I asked for and more! I cherish their artistic eyes and to top it off they are wonderful people. I loved their work so much I hired Chrissy for a bourdoir shoot and again exceeded my expectations!... Read More Hire Chris Carter Photography to catch all the perfect and fun moments of your special day! Love, Mrs. Midulla

Grateful Newlyweds

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Karyn O

My husband and I can not say enough good things about the team of Chrissy & Chris at Chris Carter Photography. We hired them pretty much on the spot after watching them work their magic at our friends' wedding before we even had the chance to see the developed shots. They are... Read More truly that impressive! Chris & Chrissy are the perfect combination of personable and professional. They have this innate ability to assimilate into your event and capture these magical moments that you often do not get to see as the bride and groom. We elected to not have a videographer at our wedding due to budgetary constraints and after our wedding was over we worried that we would live to regret our decision. However, after seeing all of the amazing shots that Chris & Chrissy captured, we no longer feel that we missed out anything at all. Thank you so much Chris Carter Photography and we look forward to using to again for future family photos.

CCP is the best!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Gina S

I cannot say enough good things about Chris Carter Photography! We were beginning to get very discouraged in our search for a photographer due to people being unavailable or CRAZY expensive! That is until a friend recommended CCP... We knew from the second with met with... Read More Chrissy that they were going to be the ones. My husband is a bit shy and definitely not a picture person, but Chrissy made him feel comfortable from the start. Their home office was professional and the pictures hanging around were one more beautiful than the rest. Chrissy answered every question that we had and got back to all of my email correspondence very quickly! I sent her an email with a ton of Pinterest pictures I loved and a list of "must have group shots" (crazy bride...I know!), but they got them ALL!!! And we barely realized they were even there. I cannot stop looking at the hundreds of pictures they took. Making our albums is going to be tough! And like I said....the cherry on top is they were very affordable!! I would recommend CCP to anyone and can't wait to work with them again for baby/family portraits in the future (but not rushing into that! lol) THANKS CCP!!!!

Awesome Photographers!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Mary M

I could not have asked for better photographers for my wedding day! Chris and Chrissy are amazing and do such great work for such a reasonable price. They are so fun to work with! From the day we met them we know they were going to be amazing they are so happy and full of energy... Read More and it shows in their work. I would highly recommend them to any Bride and Groom!