Chris McGuire Photography

Serving Michigan

tell the story

I've been working with awesome couples in and around Michigan since 2009 and having a blast! There are a ton of pictures and featured weddings on my website, so please take a look....please also check out my reviews! Packages can be customized. Please call or email for current pricing.

Online Proofing, Wedding Albums

Serving Michigan, MI
Serving Michigan

You won't find better.

Reviewed on 9/13/2013 Sarah H

Chris was more than we could have ever hoped for. We first contacted him 16 months before the wedding and he was prompt (responded within 12 hours), professional and accommodating. We did an engagement shoot with him a year before our wedding and he was a joy to work... Read More with. He captured our personalities in beautifully shot photographs that people raved about. Throughout the process, he was helpful, understanding and very responsive. The wedding itself was amazing. Chris arrived on time and got right to work with his assistant. He was easy to talk to and helped relax us all. He arrives looking like a special ops photographer, with everything he could need at hands-reach hanging from belts and straps. He was open to ideas and suggestions, knew the photos I was looking for and ensured we got the shots we wanted with the limited time we had. We had so many positive comments from our guests about Chris and his assistant, Chris. When we got our photos less than 5 weeks after the wedding (with the expectation of 8-10), I was thrilled. When I actually looked at the photos, I sat there in awe, laughing and crying and completely reliving the day. Chris captured it all, even moments we didn't even know about. All in all, if you're in the tri-state area and looking for the best photographer available, look no further. I recommend him to everyone I know getting married and would love to work with him again in the future.

Must Book for Your Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Alexandra W

As someone who used to work in the wedding and events industry in Kalamazoo/SW MI, when I got engaged, there were certain things I knew I had to do right away. Booking Chris McGuire to photograph my wedding was one of those things on that list. After working with him to capture... Read More my June 2013 wedding and viewing the amazing pictures that resulted, I knew I had made the right choice. Chris was so easy to work with from start to finish and was always available to answer any questions I came up with throughout the planning process. Even after the wedding he stayed in contact until everything had been delivered and made sure I had no remaining questions. I am not a fan of overly posed pictures, nor do I like to take super posed pictures (I feel so awkward!!). So I really appreciated the fact that Chris made myself, my husband, and everyone in our wedding party very comfortable and got us to relax, and was able to capture some amazing candid moments that are truly once-in-a-lifetime shots - nothing that could ever be posed and planned. He has a knack for being in the right place at the right time :) I highly recommend Chris McGuire Photography - you will not be disappointed and will have amazing photos to remember your big day by that no one else could capture.

Amazing Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

Chris was our wedding photographer and also did our engagement shoot and we could not have been happier with his work. He really went above and beyond what we were expecting. Not only did he work to make sure that he got all the shots we wanted, but he came up with some great... Read More ideas we never would have thought of (including sunset photos during our reception that turned out amazingly). We felt awkward at first being photographed, but he put us at ease right away and made the whole process a lot of fun. He also was very flexible during the planning process - meeting with us over Skype since we lived in a different state. Finally, we were blown away by the end product that we received. Our photos turned out beautifully and Chris was able to capture the special moments of the day in a way that we could not have imagined. We would absolutely recommend him as a wedding photographer and would use him again ourselves for other special events.

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Christina B

When I started wedding planning I knew that wedding photos was not something I was willing to compromise on and I am so thrilled that we found Chris McGuire! I did a LOT of research on photographers in the Kalamazoo area and while the pictures on Chris's website were stunning I... Read More wasn't convinced that he could work his magic with me and my husband until our engagement pictures. He worked with us to choose a location that fit our personalities and had all of the elements he needed for great pictures and we were absolutely amazed by how great they turned out. We had several phone calls before the wedding to talk about day of details, shots that I was hoping for, and locations close to our venue that would work for bridal party photos and I was completely at ease on wedding day. 6 weeks after the wedding our photos are already ready for us to view online and we couldn't be happier with the results. Chris's ability to capture the spontaneous personal moments from the wedding is pure magic and the more formal photos still managed to look like us only better! Looking through the photos you would think he cloned himself to be everywhere at once because he didn't miss a thing! Chris was a pleasure to work with and exceeded our expectations beyond measure. I can't help tearing up when I look at our beautiful photos and I am so grateful to have such a perfect reflection of our wedding day to look back on. Thanks Chris!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Allison L

Chris is extremely professional and the best photographer in the Kalamazoo area! He is extremely flexible and always willing to try new things! The pictures are perfect and everything I could have imagined! I highly recommend the Photo Booth! All of our guests loved it and we... Read More have a lot of timeless photos as a result!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Kelsey B

You won't find a bad review! Chris is AWESOME! My husband and I live in Arkansas and had to plan a wedding in MI. I looked at thousands of reviews and Chris not only had tons but none of them were negative! To good to be true? More like the best decision we ever made. Chris... Read More took the time to talk me through every package he offers, updated my package every time I changed my mind, emailed me timeline examples, showed up early to look around the venue, and is so nice and personable! We got the pictures back and oh my gosh! They are amazing!!!! I had a huge goofy grin on my face the entire time I watched the slide show! Chris captured every feeling and moment that I could have ever asked for! I am beside myself with how amazing all the pictures are! As I looked through our gallery I felt like I was living through our wedding day, I laughed and cried all over again! Chris was extremely patient with us as we goofed around for funny pictures but also gave us direction to make sure we got all the portraits that we wanted! You can't go wrong letting Chris tell your story! His journalistic photography style will make your wedding photos timeless and memories that you'll be able to look at forever!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Terah H

I LOVE my wedding photos, and I'm so happy! I am the happy bride from my (Sunday) Wedding, July 12, 2015. I had researched photographers online, for many months, and by far Chris McGuire's photos stood out to me. (I just had to have his talent, and I'm so glad he was... Read More available for our wedding date). To capture a "once in a lifetime" day, you want nothing more than someone that you feel at ease with. To surround yourself with such an easy going, and professional guy, with great skills, is priceless. Chris is a super sweet guy, so easy to work with on the day of, and very prompt responding via email. I can't gush enough. Chris is great. I have a Happy Husband too, he is happy with the photos, and happy that I'm happy. ;) ~Terah~

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Megan H

Couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our favorite moments from our wedding! We appreciated Chris's attention to detail, organization, and how quickly we got to look at our photos! Thanks, Chris!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Molly V

We had Chris McGuire for both our engagement session and wedding day..He was absolutely wonderful to work with! All of our photos turned out amazing! You will not regret hiring Chris for your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Sarah D

Let me start of by saying that I work in supply chain, so cost and quality were my number one priorities (and no compromises on either!) for my wedding photographer. So I posted a note on my FB wall asking friends/family to provide input on photographers in the West Michigan... Read More area. The response was overwhelmingly in favor of Chris McGuire. I was especially apprehensive because my fiancé Kyle and I were planning to host a traditional Pakistani wedding, with lots of bright colors and religious/cultural customs that weren't typical to Kalamazoo. After meeting with Chris, I quickly realized that he is definitely a lighting and color expert! He took the time to review different backdrops, color options and stage lighting with Kyle & I, and he even offered tips for each so that we wouldn't run into any lighting issues on the day of our reception. Chris photographed both indoor and outdoor shots for us in downtown Kalamazoo. My outfit was bright red, and the photographs he took were absolutely stunning, even indoors. Crisp colors, candid shots and every moment and every detail captured, right down to the intricate beadwork of my outfit and the sequins in my jewelry. If you have any unique photograph requirements, Chris will do whatever he can to meet your requests. I have already recommended him to several friends, and we have family from around the world are messaging us to ask about Chris's work!! Overall, we couldn't be happier with having Chris McGuire Photography capture our special day!

Best Photographer!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Lauren P

My husband and I are so happy that we chose Chris McGuire to be our wedding photographer! We can't imagine a better person to have captured all of our special memories from the day. He was so invested in making sure that he knew about all the details of the day, so that he would... Read More be ready to take pictures of everything. He was so easy to work with and made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. Even my husband, who doesn't always love his picture being taken, often forgot that he was being photographed and we ended up with some of the most amazing pictures!! We live out of state so Chris was excellent at meeting us the first time over Skype to introduce himself. He also talked to us many times on the phone during the planning process, about not only our wedding photography, but also weddings in general. He was able to give us advice about other local vendors that he would recommend and how the timeline of the day should go. He was able to provide us with so many extra tips and pieces of advice! He also was amazing at getting the pictures back to us sooner that we would have thought possible. We got a few sample pictures just a few days into our honeymoon and got the rest about 5 weeks later! We couldn't be happier with how they turned out. We absolutely love our pictures and especially love how he always captured the memories in a natural way, with nothing ever seeming too posed. We plan to print up a ton of them and also give some pictures away as gifts. He also makes amazing photo album keepsakes of the day and we can't wait to get one of those either! Overall, we couldn't have been more happy with our decision to use Chris McGuire as our wedding photographer! We loved working with him and would strongly recommend him to any other couples looking for the best wedding photographer around!

Photographer with a great ear as well as a great eye!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

Chris McGuire is more than just a professional photographer, he listens too. I knew that I wanted more than just the story of my daughter's wedding. I wanted a way to remember the event beyond what she looked like. Yes, I also needed pictures of the ladies getting ready, the... Read More first look, the walk down the aisle and all the standard family portraits. Chris did a fabulous job capturing these moments but he went further and gave me wonderful images of all of our guests and friends at the church and at the reception. I explained this was important to me and he delivered. His work is excellent and I recommend him highly!

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 avery k

The best thing about working with Chris is I felt he really listened to what we wanted. As most brides do, I had a strong vision of the story I wanted our photographs to tell and Chris listened to that vision and truly brought it to life. I couldn't be happier with the finished... Read More product. I would highly recommend working with Chris.

Chris McGuire Photography

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Rachel H

Chris was an amazing photographer! He did both our engagement and wedding photos and they both turned out beautifully. I am still struggling to decide which ones to have printed because there are so many great choices. Having Chris as our photographer was one of my best wedding... Read More decisions I made. He made our wedding day so easy and in the days leading up to it. Thanks Chris for your hard work and for capturing our beautiful (somewhat windy) day!

#1: Chris McGuire! Best of the Best!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014

Chris is amazing. From the moment we first met and said hello to him to the last minutes of our wedding day, he made this experience a lifetime memory. Chris felt like a long time family friend and not just someone we hired to take photos. When we ran into many unexpected events... Read More out of our control from last minute venue changes to family emergencies and Chris was always more than willing to make things work for us with no hesitation at all. His communication, professionalism, EVERYTHING was 100000%. He exceeded our expectations way above and beyond. Our engagement photos and wedding photos are beautiful. His work is one of a kind. We look forward to working with Chris when we start a family to take our family photos and more! We recommend him to EVERYONE we know! We truly love Chris and his work. We're so grateful to have met him and can't wait to work with him again in the future. Chris is the man, hands down! You won't be disappointed!! - Nika + Russell Israels

Very Satisfied with Chris McGuire Photography!

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Emily D

I have a passion for photography, so I spent a lot of time scouring the internet and interviewing potential wedding photographers to find the right one. We decided to go with Chris McGuire Photography because his portfolio was stunning and he was very knowledgeable (and not to... Read More mention easy going), and our expectations were beyond exceeded. I have many positive to things to say about our experience. First, his professionalism was top-notch. Chris and his assistant showed up dressed nicely in black and were extremely polite to my friends and family. He let us 'act naturally' and therefore we have so many amazing candid shots in our wedding album. When we needed to move 200+ chairs on the fly so that we could get the perfect shot, Chris and his assistant were the first ones to lend a hand. They also did SUCH a good job of capturing us in the moment at the reception - I never knew he was there! Also, he had a plethora of very expensive professional equipment strapped all over his body along with lighting equipment that he navigated around like a ninja. Impressive. Second, the pictures are such a beautiful reflection of my memory of our wedding day. The quality is, again, top-notch. They are clean, crisp, clear, perfectly exposed, with such minor processing. Though, beyond the photos being technically nice, they tell such a true story of our day and not a single moment was missed. You can't put a price on that. And last. Our estimated turn around time to get the photos back was 8-10 weeks, which is pretty standard from my understanding. We got ALL of the images back in less than one month!!! I was blown away. They sent us a very nice personalized disc in a custom jacket, too. Bottom line, your wedding photos are the only thing that will allow you to relive the best day of your life. The whole thing seemed like such a blur, so I am beyond grateful to have such an exquisite record of that day in my personal history. Thank you so much Chris!

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Whitney M

Chris is absolutely amazing! I couldn't of asked for anyone better to photograph my day. Chris was super professionsal the whole time and so helpful with every aspect of our wedding. He made us feel comfortable and his communication from beginning to end was outstanding. At the... Read More end of the day all you have are your wedding photo's to look back on and with Chris that's all you need. Everyone says all you need is your 1 "perfect picture" I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried. I Highly recommend Chris.

Hands down, the BEST photographer

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Bryana C

My husband and I reached out to Chris about a year before our wedding date. I had heard great reviews about him from our wedding venue, and even the wedding coordinators there had used them in their wedding! We were shocked at how reasonably priced he was compared to other... Read More photographers we were looking at. With the quality of his work, he could easily charge way more! Neither my husband or I are comfortable in front of the camera, but Chris is so laid back and easy to feel comfortable around. He made what we thought would be an awkward experience so fun and laid back. Leading up to the wedding, Chris responded promptly to every email we sent him and was very helpful with the 100's of questions we had. The day of the wedding, Chris and his assistant showed up right on time ready to go. He captured every photo we asked for and then some. Looking at the final results, my husband and I were incredibly impressed. The pictures are beautiful. The moments he captured were amazing...even some moments we didn't know about until seeing the pictures! It's going to be hard to narrow it down into an album. We wish we could use EVERY photo! What's even more impressive, is Chris gave us a timeline of about 4-6 weeks. He returned our photos just a few weeks after the wedding...way earlier than expected. He's incredibly professional and talented. I would recommend him to anyone planning a wedding, or any event that they want beautifully captured. THANK YOU CHRIS!!

Best Vendor Decision - No Regrets Here!

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Katey C

I contracted Chris McGuire about 7 months prior to my wedding. He responded to my inquiry within 4 hours, and immediately included his price list and package options. He made sure to follow up with me within the upcoming days asking if I had any questions, and was more than... Read More willing to work with us and our budget. During the planning process he sends very helpful planning sheets with examples of day-of schedules so you have a clue on how much time to allot to pictures. We did not do an engagement session, so the first time meeting Chris was the day-of. He was open to Facetiming two weeks before the wedding just to go over some details and get to know each other. The day of he was incredible. He showed up an hour early just to scope out the location. I did not have a first look spot picked out and he sought this out for me and coordinated the whole thing. He made sure we stayed on schedule without being overbearing at all. Was very professional, easy going, and courteous the entire day. He was even open to showing us some of his shots throughout the day - which some photographers do not do. He brings an assistant who is primarily there for lighting. I've been in other weddings and no professional lighting or reflectors are used. Chris used these on 90% of this photos, and you can tell the difference. He said his usual turnaround time for edits is 8-10 weeks. We had ours back in 4. It included over 700 shots. They were AMAZING! Better than I was ever expecting - and I had high expectations. He didn't miss one shot that I was hoping to get, and did an impeccable job at capturing our special day. I am so happy we chose Chris as our photographer, and hope that many other couples do the same!

Amazing Work

Reviewed on 8/05/2014

Chris did both our engagement and wedding photos and we could not have been happier with his work. From the beginning of our working relationship, Chris has been nothing short of amazing to work with. Extremely organized which is so important when planning a wedding, especially... Read More when you live out of the state you are being married in! Chris made us feel very comfortable throughout both the engagement and wedding shots, he came up with some creative ideas and also allowed us to use some of ours. Ultimately it came down to the end product, we are blown away by all the shots he captured on our big day! Beautiful photos and exactly the style we were looking for. I especially appreciated the 3 min video of the slideshow with music! It was an easy way to share with our friends and family the shots. I would recommend Chris to any of the friends/family getting married!

Chris was Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014

Chris was amazing from the first phone conversation we had! My fiancé (at the time) and myself live over 16 hours away from Kalamazoo MI, (my hometown) where our wedding was to take place. This being said it was very important to us that we found the right vendors that could... Read More make our wedding day vision come true! We wanted a photographer that was more into moments than poses, someone who's pictures would tell a story for years to come and most importantly someone who was open, honest, flexible and creative. Chris was all of the these things! It is without reservation that I recommend Chris McGuire Photography.

The Absolute BEST!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Lane V

After looking through some of the photos that Chris had done of weddings in our area, I knew that we had to have him photograph our wedding! Being a perfectionist myself, I wouldn’t have been happy with anything less than the best. Chris exceeded any expectation that I could... Read More have ever had for our photos and gave us hundreds of images that allow us to relive our special day over and over. Chris was extremely professional and was always at the right place at the right time. There was not a special shot or moment that was not captured. He made everyone at ease and made the process of taking thousands of photos a fun part of our wedding day. He has a great eye for capturing the perfect shot and unique angle. He was even open to trying my ideas for some photos and made a special point of covering everything we had talked about. We received our photos less than 3 weeks after the wedding, with a sneak peak just 4 days after!! Chris was prompt, professional, and an overall joy to work with! If you want the best, you have to go with Chris!

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Michelle F

My now husband and I originally found Chris McGuire on The Knot and were so glad that we did. He was so easy to work with prior to the wedding. When the actual wedding day came, we knew there was nothing to worry about and that we were in very capable hands. Chris is incredibly... Read More professional but relaxed and low key. He was so low key, in fact, that at some points I didn't even realize that he was there! He got all of these incredible candid shots that my husband and I will always treasure. We are so, so grateful that we had the opportunity to work with Chris and given the chance would absolutely use him all over again.

Best & Easiest Vendor Decision!

Reviewed on 4/27/2014 Andrea K

Hire Chris! His work is absolutely tremendous! I had a feeling he was the photographer for us by the work on his website…then I met him and instantly knew he was the photographer for our wedding! His passion for the ART of photography and capturing those little moments you... Read More hope you will be able to remember for years to come is unmatched! So easy to work with! My husband didn't think we needed a photographer ('everyone has iPhones') and after we got our pictures back, he finally understood why I chose Chris. Unbelievably easy to work with! Fun to work with! And, as one of my other friends that used him for her wedding said…he's a photography ninja! How he caught almost every tiny, memorable moment during our day is baffling to me! We also had a photo booth-which I highly recommend! Spend about $200 in props and you will have some of the funniest pictures you can imagine! Seriously, look no further, you have found your photographer!

Best Decision EVER!!

Reviewed on 1/07/2014 Nada N

Living in Texas, it was difficult planning our wedding in Michigan. But we knew after booking our venue that the photographer would be the most important thing. After much research online (I mean A LOT) we finally met Chris via Skype and within a few seconds decided to book him... Read More for our big day. The ultimate BEST DECISION we made for our wedding :) Chris' work definitely speaks for itself. (Just check out his website!) One thing that stood out to us was his candid shots and how each of the weddings he had posted looked extremely different, unique and beautiful in their own way. A lot of other photography sites show weddings where they all look the same and in some cases you cannot really tell them apart. This is what made us fall in love with his work. His work shows his attention to detail and his artistic abilities to capture happy moments. He has received recognition for his work too (again, part of our research) and shows a real passion for his work. But what you may not know from looking at his site alone is that he is awesome to work with. He listened to us carefully, asked questions and really cared about what we wanted. He followed up with us as we got closer to the big day. He was on time with his very helpful assistant (also named Chris, we were super happy to have him there). He worked well with the videographers and took so many shots. He was not sloppy or careless. Instead he made adjustments and used one of the multiple cameras he had wrapped around him at all times. During the day I did not even notice him moving around. But after we got our pictures I could see that he took the most amazing shots. We were so blown away :) In fact, he captured shots we didn’t even think of! You would think a bride would remember to take a picture of her long gorgeous train (that took forever to pick!) but with the rush of the wedding it was the last thing on my mind…thankfully Chris captured the most beautiful shot of my entire dress/train on the balcony. It is so beautiful it makes people just say "woooow" every time. I cannot even believe it is me. And this is just one example. Side note: Weddings are hard to pull off, especially from long distance. Chris put us at ease and we were so pleased with his work. I did not worry at all about the pictures and that made for the best experience. So don’t procrastinate and book early!! (it is way more important than food and napkins :P) Lastly, the delivered CD was so amazing (the pictures, the cover, just the classy presentation) that we ordered two more for the parents. They loved it as much as we did. These pictures make us smile, laugh and cry and we have the most amazing memories now framed to share with others forever and this is thanks to Chris. We are so grateful and truly blessed. I swear, these pictures are the most important thing to me (the bride) from the wedding. My husband would probably say seeing me walk in with my dad or marrying me was the most important thing (because he is a sweetheart lol)…but second to that, the pictures :) Thanks Chris.

TO Chris McGuire Photography