tell the story

I've been working with awesome couples in and around Michigan since 2009 and having a blast! There are a ton of pictures and featured weddings on my website, so please take a look....please also check out my reviews! Packages can be customized. Please call or email for current pricing.

Documentary

Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo

Serving Michigan, MI Serving Michigan (269) 270-9401

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Lindsay A

Chris was an excellent photographer for our wedding. He was professional, easy to work with, experienced and shot beautiful pictures. I had complete trust in him to get the best shots. He was willing to voice his opinion when he didn't think he'd get the right shot. He was... Read More flexible and fast. He is a hard worker and because he's shot so many weddings, extremely efficient. I love the result of his work. He captured the energy and emotion of the day brilliantly and I'm so glad I hired him. He's one of the best in the industry.

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Christina B

When I started wedding planning I knew that wedding photos was not something I was willing to compromise on and I am so thrilled that we found Chris McGuire! I did a LOT of research on photographers in the Kalamazoo area and while the pictures on Chris's website were stunning I... Read More wasn't convinced that he could work his magic with me and my husband until our engagement pictures. He worked with us to choose a location that fit our personalities and had all of the elements he needed for great pictures and we were absolutely amazed by how great they turned out. We had several phone calls before the wedding to talk about day of details, shots that I was hoping for, and locations close to our venue that would work for bridal party photos and I was completely at ease on wedding day. 6 weeks after the wedding our photos are already ready for us to view online and we couldn't be happier with the results. Chris's ability to capture the spontaneous personal moments from the wedding is pure magic and the more formal photos still managed to look like us only better! Looking through the photos you would think he cloned himself to be everywhere at once because he didn't miss a thing! Chris was a pleasure to work with and exceeded our expectations beyond measure. I can't help tearing up when I look at our beautiful photos and I am so grateful to have such a perfect reflection of our wedding day to look back on. Thanks Chris!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Nell L

Chris was absolutely amazing to work with! We were planning a wedding from across the country- and he was great at catering to our time change for phone calls, and quick at responding to emails. I really wanted a photographer who would take control of the day, and Chris did just... Read More that. He really captured a lot of candid shots- which is what we wanted. Although we haven't gotten our final photos yet- from what I have seen I know they will be amazing and everything we wanted.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Laura L

If you want one less thing to worry about on your wedding day- hire Chris McGuire! He was amazing and professional to work with from the start. He was super helpful and gave me ideas during our phone conversations. I personally loved our portraits- his eye for what makes a... Read More great picture is spot on. My husband said "I hate taking pictures but I was impressed with his attitude and personality. He knew when we were getting burned out". And yes, as other reviews stated, the candid shots he gets are epic and will be some of your favorite pictures. Hire him- you will NOT be disappointed. He is an AMAZING photographer!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Allison S

Chris played such a special part in our wedding. He’s truly a master in his craft. We connected with him after discovering that all of our favorite photos online from our venue were his from prior weddings. He was somehow able to catch those special moments you didn’t think... Read More anyone could capture! One of our favorite moments was about halfway through our ceremony where he came up and asked “need a quick break”? We went up to the roof of our venue just as the sun was setting and managed to capture some of our favorite photos of our wedding day. Chris also shot our engagement photos in Chicago - which also turned out AMAZING! We were pretty clueless on how to best pose and set up our shots. Chris helped guide us every step of the way and somehow managed to capture incredible moments from a couple who typically looks horribly awkward in posing photos. If you’re looking for a photographer who’s a real professional and incredibly kind and easy to work with, your search can stop here. We can’t thank Chris enough for his contribution to our wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Melissa K

Chis did nothing short of an amazing job! My husband and I are both just over the moon with how well our pictures came out! I would highly recommend Chis for you wedding, I know he will make your day a little more stress free and amazing like he did for mine!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Katie A

The reviews speak for themselves: Chris is outstanding. From the beginning, he was extremely professional and great to work with. He was incredibly helpful, replied to messages very quickly, and then blew our minds away his his amazing skills in capturing precious moments on our... Read More wedding day. We were extremely pleased with everything, every step of the way. We cannot recommend Chris enough! You will not find a more professional, talented artist. Thanks for everything, Chris!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Gina D

We love all of the pictures that Chris took of us! We had engagement photos as well as wedding photos by him. He came to MSU for our engagement photos and Saugatuck for the wedding. He is very professional and responsive to communication in person as well as online. His style is... Read More candid focused - and because of that we have some great photos that we wouldn't have gotten from a more "posed" type of photographer. [We also have the classic wedding photos and family portraits]. He is easy going and fun to work with. On our wedding day I forgot he was there for most of the day which made it a relaxed atmosphere. We got a sneak peak of the photos within two weeks and got all of the pictures within 6 weeks. He does have photo services available where he can print photos, create photo memorabilia, and photo books. We chose to create our own photo book because I enjoy creating them myself. Overall he did an excellent job and I would recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Stephanie S

Chris was a pleasure to work with! He made both our engagement and wedding shoots fun and relaxing. Not to mention, the results of his work are AMAZING. Chris is a very talented photography and worth every penny. Schedule Chris for your wedding and you will definitely be glad... Read More you did!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Lauren S

Chris was the most personable, friendly, & hard working person! He was absoultey great on our wedding :) He was punctual. We just received our photos from him and we are ecstatic! We LOVE our photos. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a non-potrait, interactive... Read More photographer. You WILL NOT be disappointed. Thank you Chris!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Diane H

Chris and team are very kind, patient and unassuming! Their photography is amazing, professional and fresh. We as parents are so grateful to look at these photos and relive the very special day in our families lives. Our son and his new bride chose well! We observed the hard... Read More work and many hours the team put in to capture a wedding. We never sensed impatience or being tired, they gave it their all. The pictures captured above and beyond what we expected. We are so impressed and thankful to have this treasure to reflect on for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Sarah M

Chris was so easy to work with right from the start. I felt entirely comfortable just leaving our wedding in his hands. The photos are truly beautiful and SO FUN. Chris captured all of the feelings beautifully and our families have been so happy flipping through the photos,... Read More crying, and laughing. He not only captured the beautiful moments, he also focused on the fun reception moments...facial expressions, dance moves, and an amazing way to capture the glowstick colors. My husband and I couldnt be happier.

Reviewed on 11/27/2015 Kylee A

5 stars is not enough for Chris. He is amazing! By far the most beneficial thing Chris did for us, was have an hour long conversation the week before the wedding. It really helped us put together the final timeline of the entire day. It allowed him to know where to be and... Read More when. It also helped keep all of us on track. He knows what works and what doesn't. He was respectful of my ideas, while giving other options to consider. Chris is extremely professional and FAST! We had him on a VERY tight schedule and he ran around getting as many of the pictures as he could that I requested. There were only a few "fun" shots I had on my list we didn't get and that was only because we wanted to be done. He was ready to keep shooting! He has great ideas on locations in town and at our venue, since he seems to be everywhere! The candid photos he caught were just as amazing as the posed pics. If he didn't like a shot, we would try it again. Check out his website. The photos speak for themselves. I wanted to recreate a few of his AMAZING shots, and he was very open to the idea - they turned out great! It also lead to some new pose ideas, and I love those just as much. He was able to give us a preview of 5 photos the week after the wedding. The turnaroud was quick and photos were perfect. Overall, Chris captured EVERYTHING. You Rock!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015

Chris is absolutely the best photographer! His photography is amazing! He seems to be everywhere all at once missing not a single special moment!! I can not recommend him highly enough. He is wonderful to work with as well. Because of his priceless photography, we will be... Read More able to continue to enjoy our family's special day for years to come.

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Kathy E

Chris was extremely easy to work with and very helpful throughout the whole process. We had him photograph our entire day and also used his photo station. We are very happy with the pictures from both!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 courtenay l

Chris did an amazing job! We had read an earlier review that said he was like a ninja because of his ability to be everywhere at all times and we couldn't agree more! The pictures show he was all over, yet he was completely non-obtrusive (which is exactly what we were hoping... Read More for!). He captured so many special moments and creative shots. We also felt he was very professional and easy to work with. We appreciate everything Chris, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

We worked with Chris for our both our Engagement Session and Kalamazoo Wedding, at Loft 310. With Chris, you are guaranteed a very high quality of service and photographs. He has a proven track record and a ton of experience. Additionally, Chris is very low key and easy to work... Read More with. This is very important, especially on a day with when you have million other things to stress you out. If you think Chris's photography style is for you, stop thinking, just book him!

Adrienne

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Adrienne S

Chris is awesome!!! So attentive to emails in the wedding planning process and very flexible with what we wanted! He went above and beyond during our big day and his photos are remarkable. Highly recommend. Thanks so much, Chris!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

Chris did an amazing job of capturing the special moments of our wedding. From a set-up and planning perspective, he was great to work with: clear, up-front pricing, flexible to meet via phone and in-person, and pleasant to interact with overall. From a work quality... Read More perspective, I couldn't he happier. I prefer the "organic moments" rather than posed portraits, which Chris delivered. From a work style perspective, Chris was flexible and accommodating. We asked to include a videographer on short notice, and Chris was able to work with her without issue. I'm very happy we chose to work with Chris and would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Mandie R

Loved working with Chris. I did a lot of research and wanted someone who would be good at getting those candid shots (I am not a fan of posed pictures). I found Chris, and upon meeting him was so put at ease. He has a presence that really makes you feel comfortable, which I knew... Read More would translate to good pictures the day of the wedding. On the day of, I was super impressed by his work ethic. He was literally everywhere, snapping shots, all the while making people feel at ease. I think he really captured the vibe of our wedding, which was colorful, fun, and full of movement. Great job Chris - it's obvious you care about what you do!

Chris McGuire take STUNNING pictures

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Katie G

Chris McGuire Photography was one of the best investments for our wedding. When we first met with Chris he impressed us. He showed us samples of his work and samples of the albums. (His albums are gorgeous!!) Chris has so many great ideas on location in Kalamazoo if you’re... Read More looking for outdoor pictures. We wanted to have a variety of pictures so he recommended the Nature Center of Kalamazoo and he took gorgeous pictures of us there along with pictures at our ceremony/reception. He coordinated with the Nature Center to make sure the location was available. He is very organized and he called the week of to make sure he knew what pictures we wanted/timeline of events. Chris is so easy to work with. There was no pressure on us. He let us have our moments together and captured them perfectly. We got our pictures 6 weeks later with access to the website. He took so many amazing pictures that it is really hard to pick the top ones for our album. HIGHLY recommend Chris McGuire Photography. Extremely professional and as my title states STUNNING pictures.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Jen H

Hire this guy :) One of the things (as a bride) you will realize after its all done is how many details, people, and moments you didn't get to enjoy quite as much as you would have liked. The day is packed & you can be on sensory overload. Looking through the pictures Chris took... Read More of our wedding was absolutely the best experience ever. I felt like I was reliving my own wedding & saw so many amazing moments that I had missed or just caught a glimpse of during the actual day. Chris does more than just take photos of the cake & the rings... he captured a million emotions from all of my guests. I could not be more pleased with his work! He was also incredibly helpful & flexible as we planned our wedding from out of state.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Cristine W

I was blown away by Chris' work! He was so great the entire day! He met with us a couple months before the wedding to go over our expectations and vision. We just recently received our finished products and loved everything about them. I would HIGHLY recommend Chris for your big... Read More day!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Jamie M

Christopher McGuire made making our decision about our photographer the easiest decision for the entire wedding. Before my husband and I were even engaged I had been planning my wedding for a while, I had already seen his work and read through his glowing reviews. My fiance'... Read More hired him to shoot our actual proposal as part of a gift to me, he knew I was a huge fan of his work, and he did a phenomenal job! We scheduled an engagement shoot and knew right away we wanted him for the wedding. Chris is extraordinary to work with, he's incredibly patient and flexible. We had some very complicated photos that we wanted taken such as sparkler pictures and pictures with fireworks and he worked with us for free so we could practice the shot. Not to mention, you can't get much better when your photographer is willing to run around you and your fiance' with a sparkler then run back to the camera and capture the image. He was incredibly dedicated and so easy to work with, Chris was a blessing. I have recommended him to every couple that I know. He was willing to work with us on budget and his work was amazing, not to mention his fast turn around for our pictures from all of our shoots. We had our proposal pictures that night after we got back from the restaurant! 5 stars!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Allison L

Chris is extremely professional and the best photographer in the Kalamazoo area! He is extremely flexible and always willing to try new things! The pictures are perfect and everything I could have imagined! I highly recommend the Photo Booth! All of our guests loved it and we... Read More have a lot of timeless photos as a result!!

Start a Conversation!