Chris McGuire Photography

Serving Michigan

tell the story

I've been working with awesome couples in and around Michigan since 2009 and having a blast! There are a ton of pictures and featured weddings on my website, so please take a look....please also check out my reviews! Packages can be customized. Please call or email for current pricing.

Online Proofing, Wedding Albums

Serving Michigan, MI
Serving Michigan

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Lindsay A

Chris was an excellent photographer for our wedding. He was professional, easy to work with, experienced and shot beautiful pictures. I had complete trust in him to get the best shots. He was willing to voice his opinion when he didn't think he'd get the right shot. He was... Read More flexible and fast. He is a hard worker and because he's shot so many weddings, extremely efficient. I love the result of his work. He captured the energy and emotion of the day brilliantly and I'm so glad I hired him. He's one of the best in the industry.

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Christina B

When I started wedding planning I knew that wedding photos was not something I was willing to compromise on and I am so thrilled that we found Chris McGuire! I did a LOT of research on photographers in the Kalamazoo area and while the pictures on Chris's website were stunning I... Read More wasn't convinced that he could work his magic with me and my husband until our engagement pictures. He worked with us to choose a location that fit our personalities and had all of the elements he needed for great pictures and we were absolutely amazed by how great they turned out. We had several phone calls before the wedding to talk about day of details, shots that I was hoping for, and locations close to our venue that would work for bridal party photos and I was completely at ease on wedding day. 6 weeks after the wedding our photos are already ready for us to view online and we couldn't be happier with the results. Chris's ability to capture the spontaneous personal moments from the wedding is pure magic and the more formal photos still managed to look like us only better! Looking through the photos you would think he cloned himself to be everywhere at once because he didn't miss a thing! Chris was a pleasure to work with and exceeded our expectations beyond measure. I can't help tearing up when I look at our beautiful photos and I am so grateful to have such a perfect reflection of our wedding day to look back on. Thanks Chris!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015

Chris is absolutely the best photographer! His photography is amazing! He seems to be everywhere all at once missing not a single special moment!! I can not recommend him highly enough. He is wonderful to work with as well. Because of his priceless photography, we will be... Read More able to continue to enjoy our family's special day for years to come.

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Kathy E

Chris was extremely easy to work with and very helpful throughout the whole process. We had him photograph our entire day and also used his photo station. We are very happy with the pictures from both!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 courtenay l

Chris did an amazing job! We had read an earlier review that said he was like a ninja because of his ability to be everywhere at all times and we couldn't agree more! The pictures show he was all over, yet he was completely non-obtrusive (which is exactly what we were hoping... Read More for!). He captured so many special moments and creative shots. We also felt he was very professional and easy to work with. We appreciate everything Chris, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

We worked with Chris for our both our Engagement Session and Kalamazoo Wedding, at Loft 310. With Chris, you are guaranteed a very high quality of service and photographs. He has a proven track record and a ton of experience. Additionally, Chris is very low key and easy to work... Read More with. This is very important, especially on a day with when you have million other things to stress you out. If you think Chris's photography style is for you, stop thinking, just book him!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Adrienne S

Chris is awesome!!! So attentive to emails in the wedding planning process and very flexible with what we wanted! He went above and beyond during our big day and his photos are remarkable. Highly recommend. Thanks so much, Chris!!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

Chris did an amazing job of capturing the special moments of our wedding. From a set-up and planning perspective, he was great to work with: clear, up-front pricing, flexible to meet via phone and in-person, and pleasant to interact with overall. From a work quality... Read More perspective, I couldn't he happier. I prefer the "organic moments" rather than posed portraits, which Chris delivered. From a work style perspective, Chris was flexible and accommodating. We asked to include a videographer on short notice, and Chris was able to work with her without issue. I'm very happy we chose to work with Chris and would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Mandie R

Loved working with Chris. I did a lot of research and wanted someone who would be good at getting those candid shots (I am not a fan of posed pictures). I found Chris, and upon meeting him was so put at ease. He has a presence that really makes you feel comfortable, which I knew... Read More would translate to good pictures the day of the wedding. On the day of, I was super impressed by his work ethic. He was literally everywhere, snapping shots, all the while making people feel at ease. I think he really captured the vibe of our wedding, which was colorful, fun, and full of movement. Great job Chris - it's obvious you care about what you do!

Chris McGuire take STUNNING pictures

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Katie G

Chris McGuire Photography was one of the best investments for our wedding. When we first met with Chris he impressed us. He showed us samples of his work and samples of the albums. (His albums are gorgeous!!) Chris has so many great ideas on location in Kalamazoo if you’re... Read More looking for outdoor pictures. We wanted to have a variety of pictures so he recommended the Nature Center of Kalamazoo and he took gorgeous pictures of us there along with pictures at our ceremony/reception. He coordinated with the Nature Center to make sure the location was available. He is very organized and he called the week of to make sure he knew what pictures we wanted/timeline of events. Chris is so easy to work with. There was no pressure on us. He let us have our moments together and captured them perfectly. We got our pictures 6 weeks later with access to the website. He took so many amazing pictures that it is really hard to pick the top ones for our album. HIGHLY recommend Chris McGuire Photography. Extremely professional and as my title states STUNNING pictures.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Jen H

Hire this guy :) One of the things (as a bride) you will realize after its all done is how many details, people, and moments you didn't get to enjoy quite as much as you would have liked. The day is packed & you can be on sensory overload. Looking through the pictures Chris took... Read More of our wedding was absolutely the best experience ever. I felt like I was reliving my own wedding & saw so many amazing moments that I had missed or just caught a glimpse of during the actual day. Chris does more than just take photos of the cake & the rings... he captured a million emotions from all of my guests. I could not be more pleased with his work! He was also incredibly helpful & flexible as we planned our wedding from out of state.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Cristine W

I was blown away by Chris' work! He was so great the entire day! He met with us a couple months before the wedding to go over our expectations and vision. We just recently received our finished products and loved everything about them. I would HIGHLY recommend Chris for your big... Read More day!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Jamie M

Christopher McGuire made making our decision about our photographer the easiest decision for the entire wedding. Before my husband and I were even engaged I had been planning my wedding for a while, I had already seen his work and read through his glowing reviews. My fiance'... Read More hired him to shoot our actual proposal as part of a gift to me, he knew I was a huge fan of his work, and he did a phenomenal job! We scheduled an engagement shoot and knew right away we wanted him for the wedding. Chris is extraordinary to work with, he's incredibly patient and flexible. We had some very complicated photos that we wanted taken such as sparkler pictures and pictures with fireworks and he worked with us for free so we could practice the shot. Not to mention, you can't get much better when your photographer is willing to run around you and your fiance' with a sparkler then run back to the camera and capture the image. He was incredibly dedicated and so easy to work with, Chris was a blessing. I have recommended him to every couple that I know. He was willing to work with us on budget and his work was amazing, not to mention his fast turn around for our pictures from all of our shoots. We had our proposal pictures that night after we got back from the restaurant! 5 stars!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Allison L

Chris is extremely professional and the best photographer in the Kalamazoo area! He is extremely flexible and always willing to try new things! The pictures are perfect and everything I could have imagined! I highly recommend the Photo Booth! All of our guests loved it and we... Read More have a lot of timeless photos as a result!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Kelsey B

You won't find a bad review! Chris is AWESOME! My husband and I live in Arkansas and had to plan a wedding in MI. I looked at thousands of reviews and Chris not only had tons but none of them were negative! To good to be true? More like the best decision we ever made. Chris... Read More took the time to talk me through every package he offers, updated my package every time I changed my mind, emailed me timeline examples, showed up early to look around the venue, and is so nice and personable! We got the pictures back and oh my gosh! They are amazing!!!! I had a huge goofy grin on my face the entire time I watched the slide show! Chris captured every feeling and moment that I could have ever asked for! I am beside myself with how amazing all the pictures are! As I looked through our gallery I felt like I was living through our wedding day, I laughed and cried all over again! Chris was extremely patient with us as we goofed around for funny pictures but also gave us direction to make sure we got all the portraits that we wanted! You can't go wrong letting Chris tell your story! His journalistic photography style will make your wedding photos timeless and memories that you'll be able to look at forever!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Terah H

I LOVE my wedding photos, and I'm so happy! I am the happy bride from my (Sunday) Wedding, July 12, 2015. I had researched photographers online, for many months, and by far Chris McGuire's photos stood out to me. (I just had to have his talent, and I'm so glad he was... Read More available for our wedding date). To capture a "once in a lifetime" day, you want nothing more than someone that you feel at ease with. To surround yourself with such an easy going, and professional guy, with great skills, is priceless. Chris is a super sweet guy, so easy to work with on the day of, and very prompt responding via email. I can't gush enough. Chris is great. I have a Happy Husband too, he is happy with the photos, and happy that I'm happy. ;) ~Terah~

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Megan H

Couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our favorite moments from our wedding! We appreciated Chris's attention to detail, organization, and how quickly we got to look at our photos! Thanks, Chris!

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Molly V

We had Chris McGuire for both our engagement session and wedding day..He was absolutely wonderful to work with! All of our photos turned out amazing! You will not regret hiring Chris for your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015 Sarah D

Let me start of by saying that I work in supply chain, so cost and quality were my number one priorities (and no compromises on either!) for my wedding photographer. So I posted a note on my FB wall asking friends/family to provide input on photographers in the West Michigan... Read More area. The response was overwhelmingly in favor of Chris McGuire. I was especially apprehensive because my fiancé Kyle and I were planning to host a traditional Pakistani wedding, with lots of bright colors and religious/cultural customs that weren't typical to Kalamazoo. After meeting with Chris, I quickly realized that he is definitely a lighting and color expert! He took the time to review different backdrops, color options and stage lighting with Kyle & I, and he even offered tips for each so that we wouldn't run into any lighting issues on the day of our reception. Chris photographed both indoor and outdoor shots for us in downtown Kalamazoo. My outfit was bright red, and the photographs he took were absolutely stunning, even indoors. Crisp colors, candid shots and every moment and every detail captured, right down to the intricate beadwork of my outfit and the sequins in my jewelry. If you have any unique photograph requirements, Chris will do whatever he can to meet your requests. I have already recommended him to several friends, and we have family from around the world are messaging us to ask about Chris's work!! Overall, we couldn't be happier with having Chris McGuire Photography capture our special day!

Best Photographer!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Lauren P

My husband and I are so happy that we chose Chris McGuire to be our wedding photographer! We can't imagine a better person to have captured all of our special memories from the day. He was so invested in making sure that he knew about all the details of the day, so that he would... Read More be ready to take pictures of everything. He was so easy to work with and made everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. Even my husband, who doesn't always love his picture being taken, often forgot that he was being photographed and we ended up with some of the most amazing pictures!! We live out of state so Chris was excellent at meeting us the first time over Skype to introduce himself. He also talked to us many times on the phone during the planning process, about not only our wedding photography, but also weddings in general. He was able to give us advice about other local vendors that he would recommend and how the timeline of the day should go. He was able to provide us with so many extra tips and pieces of advice! He also was amazing at getting the pictures back to us sooner that we would have thought possible. We got a few sample pictures just a few days into our honeymoon and got the rest about 5 weeks later! We couldn't be happier with how they turned out. We absolutely love our pictures and especially love how he always captured the memories in a natural way, with nothing ever seeming too posed. We plan to print up a ton of them and also give some pictures away as gifts. He also makes amazing photo album keepsakes of the day and we can't wait to get one of those either! Overall, we couldn't have been more happy with our decision to use Chris McGuire as our wedding photographer! We loved working with him and would strongly recommend him to any other couples looking for the best wedding photographer around!

Photographer with a great ear as well as a great eye!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

Chris McGuire is more than just a professional photographer, he listens too. I knew that I wanted more than just the story of my daughter's wedding. I wanted a way to remember the event beyond what she looked like. Yes, I also needed pictures of the ladies getting ready, the... Read More first look, the walk down the aisle and all the standard family portraits. Chris did a fabulous job capturing these moments but he went further and gave me wonderful images of all of our guests and friends at the church and at the reception. I explained this was important to me and he delivered. His work is excellent and I recommend him highly!

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 avery k

The best thing about working with Chris is I felt he really listened to what we wanted. As most brides do, I had a strong vision of the story I wanted our photographs to tell and Chris listened to that vision and truly brought it to life. I couldn't be happier with the finished... Read More product. I would highly recommend working with Chris.

Chris McGuire Photography

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Rachel H

Chris was an amazing photographer! He did both our engagement and wedding photos and they both turned out beautifully. I am still struggling to decide which ones to have printed because there are so many great choices. Having Chris as our photographer was one of my best wedding... Read More decisions I made. He made our wedding day so easy and in the days leading up to it. Thanks Chris for your hard work and for capturing our beautiful (somewhat windy) day!

#1: Chris McGuire! Best of the Best!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014

Chris is amazing. From the moment we first met and said hello to him to the last minutes of our wedding day, he made this experience a lifetime memory. Chris felt like a long time family friend and not just someone we hired to take photos. When we ran into many unexpected events... Read More out of our control from last minute venue changes to family emergencies and Chris was always more than willing to make things work for us with no hesitation at all. His communication, professionalism, EVERYTHING was 100000%. He exceeded our expectations way above and beyond. Our engagement photos and wedding photos are beautiful. His work is one of a kind. We look forward to working with Chris when we start a family to take our family photos and more! We recommend him to EVERYONE we know! We truly love Chris and his work. We're so grateful to have met him and can't wait to work with him again in the future. Chris is the man, hands down! You won't be disappointed!! - Nika + Russell Israels

Very Satisfied with Chris McGuire Photography!

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Emily D

I have a passion for photography, so I spent a lot of time scouring the internet and interviewing potential wedding photographers to find the right one. We decided to go with Chris McGuire Photography because his portfolio was stunning and he was very knowledgeable (and not to... Read More mention easy going), and our expectations were beyond exceeded. I have many positive to things to say about our experience. First, his professionalism was top-notch. Chris and his assistant showed up dressed nicely in black and were extremely polite to my friends and family. He let us 'act naturally' and therefore we have so many amazing candid shots in our wedding album. When we needed to move 200+ chairs on the fly so that we could get the perfect shot, Chris and his assistant were the first ones to lend a hand. They also did SUCH a good job of capturing us in the moment at the reception - I never knew he was there! Also, he had a plethora of very expensive professional equipment strapped all over his body along with lighting equipment that he navigated around like a ninja. Impressive. Second, the pictures are such a beautiful reflection of my memory of our wedding day. The quality is, again, top-notch. They are clean, crisp, clear, perfectly exposed, with such minor processing. Though, beyond the photos being technically nice, they tell such a true story of our day and not a single moment was missed. You can't put a price on that. And last. Our estimated turn around time to get the photos back was 8-10 weeks, which is pretty standard from my understanding. We got ALL of the images back in less than one month!!! I was blown away. They sent us a very nice personalized disc in a custom jacket, too. Bottom line, your wedding photos are the only thing that will allow you to relive the best day of your life. The whole thing seemed like such a blur, so I am beyond grateful to have such an exquisite record of that day in my personal history. Thank you so much Chris!