Live Music for Weddings in the Florida Keys

Chris Thomas Music provides top-notch live musical entertainment for weddings and special events. We service Key West, Key Largo, Islamorada and the entire Florida Keys. Solo musicians, duos, or full bands are available for ceremonies, cocktail hours, rehearsal dinners, proposals, and receptions. Guitar, piano, ukulele, steel drum among other instruments are offered for instrumentation.

Instruments

Accordion, Guitar, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Steel Drum, Ukulele, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Key West to Key Largo (212) 729-3333

Reviewed on 11/30/2015 Holly S

AWESOME!!! We had Chris play the music on acoustic guitar at our ceremony and then had the entire band play the reception that night. They were incredible! All of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed them. They played a great variety of songs and included the ones... Read More requested from their playlist. Also played some of our songs with just the ukulele (Somewhere over the Rainbow) and just the piano (New York State of Mind) which was so cool! Not only was the music awesome but Chris was a pleasure to deal with, very accommodating and quick to respond. If you are looking for a great band look no further and book them!

Great for ceremony & reception!

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Karen S

We had Chris perform at our ceremony on the beach at Ft Zachary Taylor State Park and at our reception at Old Town Manor in Key West. His set up at the beach then back at the reception was seamless to us and our guests. Chris' song list is extensive and we found it easier to... Read More tell him what not to play at the reception. He then used his judgement of the guests and had a wonderful set. For the ceremony we again gave him minimal instruction - only the processional and recessional songs - then let him do his thing. Everyone enjoyed his selections and are still talking about the music today. I would highly recommend Chris for your event!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Blair D

Chris and his band were absolutely incredible! We had a destination wedding so we had to make plans from afar- and Chris couldn't have been easier to work with and also so helpful giving up tips on Key West and having a wedding there. He had come highly recommended- so I just... Read More went with it- and it was the best choice I made for the entire weekend. We had him play solo at our Friday night welcome party at the Audubon House and then he played with his band for our wedding on Saturday at the Casa Marina. One thing I really liked- he was a one stop shop. I didn't have to coordinate with sound techs or another Vendor- he took care of it all! The music was truly the best part of both nights. From a technical standpoint, we had professional musicians as guests there that were blown away by them! Chris' band is not only a group of incredibly talented musicians- but they were also incredible at reading the room and playing music accordingly (which is truly an underrated skill)! If they saw people were wanting to converse they would play something ideal for that, and when they saw people were ready to dance they literally had everyone out on the dance floor just by their energy and song selection! I picked a song for the dance with my dad that they had not played in a while (maybe ever?) and he had no problem learning/relearning it and it was perfect!! I honestly cannot recommend Chris and the band highly enough. I did not shop around for prices so I cannot speak to that- but regardless Chris is worth every penny and more. And if you are planning a destination wedding, Chris makes your life so easy in the music aspect of it. He is responsive, professional, patient (which I desperately needed), and incredible at what he does! I can honestly say he made the wedding an absolute hit!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Dallas W

We got married at the Casa Marina Resort in Key West and selected Chris to play during our ceremony and cocktail hour (we opted for a DJ for the reception out of preference). Chris was very pleasant to work with leading up to the event date and while I never got to personally... Read More meet with him, I got a lot of compliments on his music! We were very happy we chose him for our wedding

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Kate A

Chris just played for us at our very small and intimate wedding at the Key West Garden Club and it was magical. Chris was flexible with my last minute changes and even willing to play a song that wasn't on his original list! He was always quick to respond to my emails and... Read More super nice in person as well. I would highly recommend hiring Chris to perform at any ceremony whether big or super small like ours. Very talented and accommodating. Thanks Chris!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Valerie W

We were so pleased to work with Chris for our wedding ceremony and reception at Islander Resort in Islamorada. Chris was very responsive during all the planning and was very flexible. All our guests commented on how great the duo (guitarist and keyboardist) were and our Boston... Read More family especially loved when they played a special song "Sweet Caroline". I would definitely recommend Chris!

Reviewed on 3/13/2017 Caitlin F

I recently used Chris Thomas for our wedding at Hawks Cay resort. He has a great selection of wedding music to choose from and was even able to accommodate some special requests too. He was already set up when I arrived to our site and was very professional. Chris was quick to... Read More respond to my emails and is a true talent! I highly recommend him!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Michelle W

Chris played solo-acoustic at our intimate wedding ceremony in Key West. He is very talented and did a great job in creating a romantice ambience. He had an extensive song list, and he worked closely with us to customize things to our liking. Chris helped make our day even more... Read More memorable. We are so glad we found him! We even went out a few nights later to hear him at a local bar ( Hog's Breath)in Key West during our stay! He was very friendly and professional. His prices were very reasonable as well. Thumbs up, Chris Thomas!👍

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Kim L

Chris did a wonderful job at our wedding on November 19, 2016 at Marriott Beachside in Key West! We had him play acoustic guitar for the ceremony and cocktail hour, and the music was just perfect! He has a good variety of music and is very talented and professional. Chris was... Read More easy going to work with, and I felt very comfortable planning over phone and email knowing that the music for our ceremony/reception was taken care of. Chris also was very accommodating when I asked if he could arrange for a microphone and the music for my niece to sing during the ceremony. He also last minute was able to accommodate sound system set-up for the Officiant as this is something I realized I forgot the night before the wedding. I would definitely recommend Chris for your wedding! He was great!! Thank you so much Chris for being apart of making our special day so perfect. :)

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Jessica S

Chris did an amazing job playing our special requests for our wedding ceremony! Highly recommend him! Thanks so much Chris!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Krista P

Chris was amazing to work with! He created the perfect ambience at our ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. His song choices were so on point and all of our guests were loving it! I would highly recommend using Chris to any bride!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Lindsey C

We had Chris play at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. It was PERFECT! He has a great sounds and played exactly what we wanted (e.g. created the perfect atmosphere). We got married on the beach and had a sunset cocktail hour so Chris played easy listening, beachy,... Read More classic rock type songs. We loved it. We highly recommend him and it was a great value (compared to hiring a DJ - and how much better is live music!).

Reviewed on 3/17/2016

We wanted to write a positive review for Chris & Ross, Percussionist, after they played at our wedding in Key Largo, FL, on 3/10/16. The music flowed perfectly throughout the evening. Chris helped to make the event personalized & special for us, & fun for our guests! He is... Read More professional, prompt, & easy to work with. Thank you! Amber & Tom Biondich

Reviewed on 3/07/2016

Chris Played at our rehearsal dinner and was excellent. The songs he chose to play were exactly what we wanted to hear and everyone was raving about him. The event was 2 months ago and people are still saying how great the rehearsal dinner and the music was; Thank you Chris for... Read More helping make our night so memorable!

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Ali M

Chris was incredible to work with from start to finish! He was extremely responsive and helped with any questions/concerns I had. He even learned a song for our ceremony that was not on his playlist! We had him play at our ceremony and cocktail hour. All of our guests raved... Read More about him and how great he sounded. The day of our wedding there were extreme amounts of rain. He was very flexible and accommodating. If you are looking for live music at your ceremony/reception...hire Chris! Thank you so much for being a part of our wedding day! -Ali and Ryan

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Chris B

We hired Chris for our small wedding reception. We were a little concerned that it being a small event, guests would be less likely to enjoy the music/dance. Before the party Chris sent an extensive song list to choose from, but also told us he could come up with a playlist... Read More suited to whatever we were going for. We chose a lot of songs, but also asked Chris to use his judgment and choose fitting music throughout. Well our small wedding reception in a side room of a restaurant was livelier than the reception going on in the banquet hall upstairs! All thanks to Chris and his awesome playing and his ability to get the crowd going. During and after our party our guests raved about the music. Many said it was like hearing the original artist live. My husband and I agreed, he really made the night! So two years later when we had our children baptized, who better to play the reception than Chris. This was a very different venue, over 150 people on a Sunday afternoon, but even with people attending not really expecting to party, Chris did a great set and again everyone loved the atmosphere he created. Looking forward to seeing him play again soon! Nicole & Chris

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Chris B

2015-08-18T22:30:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Nicole & Chris. I had a great time playing at both the wedding and the baptism party. See you in Key West when you visit later this year!

Reviewed on 5/13/2015

Even though we met Chris the day of the wedding (our faults not his!) he was amazing. Every song sounded fantastic, and the two songs we wanted for our wedding he already knew. The first dance song that he performed sounded so much better than the original version which I never... Read More thought I'd be able to say. Hands down best performer.

Reviewed on 5/06/2015

Chris was great. He came up to our wedding in Key Largo, from Key West. We received many compliments about the music he played. He even learned a new song that we requested, making my walk down the isle extra special. He did a great job and was very easy to work with.

Chris Thomas

Reviewed on 4/19/2015 Jill O

Chris Thomas was excellent and we highly recommend him for your wedding or event. He was incredibly accommodating and played live music from a list that we created. He gave our wedding an extra special touch, particularly with our first dance song. Though it wasn't on his... Read More playlist, he had absolutely no problem performing it for us. Thanks, Chris for making our wedding special!

just can’t say enough good things!

Reviewed on 1/06/2015 mary b

Chris was fantastic! He was so unbelievably helpful and went above and beyond. He helped provide recommendations for reception locations, was flexible allowing us to play certain songs via an ipod and his PA system, did a great job with emceeing, was set-up and ready to go... Read More early… his music selection was PERFECT – I simply told him musicians I liked and didn’t like and he had a great set list all taken care of. Would most definitely hire him again, just can’t say enough good things!

Chris Thomas

Chris has been performing music professionally for over 20 years all over the east coast. Originally from the New York/New Jersey Area, he attended and earned a masters degree in music from New York University. After years performing with regional cover bands in the northeast and nationally-known acts such as Gary US Bonds, Chris re-located to Key West. He began performing solo as well as with duos and bands at world famous Key West venues such as Sloppy Joe's, Irish Kevin's, and Hogs Breath Saloon. He has performed at hundreds of weddings in the Florida Keys since moving there in 2009.