Catering~Event Planning~Design

With roots at the Jamesport Manor Inn, a family owned restaurant for twenty-five years, Christopher Michael is a full-service catering and event planning company that has been bringing farm-to-fork food to events of all scales since the early 90’s. As a pioneer of off-site catering on the North Fork, Matt Kar and his staff, will bring delicious food combined with efficient and delightful service to your large or small event. Our exclusive event space at the Jamesport Manor Inn offers two different venues. Our courtyard patio is suited for smaller parties and is priced at $150/guest all-inclusive and our larger tented field space is priced at $200/guest for parties of 150 guests or more.

Cuisine

Northeastern, Southern, American, Indian, Italian, BBQ, Seafood

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

PO BOX 614, Laurel, NY (631) 722-3537

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Stephanie L

After meeting with many caterers with our wedding planner (Laura Mastriano-who was absolutely fantastic, btw) we decided to go with Christopher Michael Caterers. Our wedding was on July 2nd, 2016 at the Hempstead House in Sands Point. It's a unique venue that requires you to... Read More bring in EVERYTHING. It was quite an undertaking... Ok well first let me say why we chose Christopher Michael and then I'll get into how they executed. When we first met with Matt, we hit it off. Matt is the type of guy that wants the food to be perfect. He's the type of guy that you want to have a drink with. From the moment we saw Matt's menu we knew he was our top choice. He reassured us that not only was his company the best fit but he could execute everything to perfection. That was exactly what we were looking for. We discussed prices (very fair for the level we were looking for), logistics with our production company and also challenges if we wanted to make last minute changes (which we did). All along the way his responsiveness could not have been better. If we wanted to something changed, he changed it at no extra cost.. His "go to" line is "sure, whatever you want." We trusted him and that was HUGE to us. We decided to have a "recovery" brunch at our home the next day with around 150 ppl and we chose Matt for that as well. The execution was FLAWLESS! Our cocktail reception perfectly captured our Gatsby themed wedding. Three high end cuts of meat, three fresh seafood options and everything else from salads to the raw bar/slider station, small patron bottles filled with Margaritas.. the list goes on and on. The feedback from our guests was incredible. The "wedding of a century" is what we've heard repeated over and over again. Matts high-end professionalism matched the story tale execution of our event. Appetizers were just amazing.. custom designed, delicious and decadent. I rarely write reviews but I feel like I owed Matt and his team the respect. The next day at our house was a repeat of the night before (with some chuckles from the staff seeing us just a tad tired). A few things that we got to know about Matt through the process. Why is it called Christopher Michael Caterers? Thats his boys names. We thought that was just awesome because we're such family people. Matts staff has been with him for years and years unlike some of the other caterers who hire temp help for big events. He wants you to have fun!! He makes excellent suggestions.. Many times we disagreed with his opinion of placement of chairs/stations, etc. In the end we listened to Matt and, admittedly, he was right every time. My suggestion to anyone on the east end of Long Island, Hamptons or the North Fork-or anywhere on LI would be to meet with him and you'll see what I mean. Several times he said to me, you can do that but it's a complete waste of money.. I'll do whatever you want but I'd hate to see you spend the money if you don't need too. Who does that? Granted we wanted the best of the best.. and we got it! Thanks Matt & Staff for making our special day the best day of our lives. You'll forever be apart of us. Cheers!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Ira A

From the time we started discussing the possibilities until the last staff member left the premises, Christopher Michael did a stellar job. Matt Kar was a breeze to work with throughout the process. Every promise was kept. Period. Our guests commented on the quality of the... Read More food during the cocktail hour and dinner and they were especially impressed with Christine and her serving team. Impeccable yet low key service was given throughout the day and evening from the time the team arrived to set up the chairs for the ceremony until they left. Christine made every special last minute request happen - including managing the recorded music for the ceremony! When I asked her to handle the logistics for turning on the lighting as evening fell, Christine sent THREE of the staff to learn what we wanted done. If you've got Christine, don't waste money on a day-of coordinator. Most importantly the bride (our daughter) and the groom were ecstatic with the way their party went off from start to finish! What more could we ask for? Bravo, bravo Christopher Michael!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015

My wife and I got married at Martha Clara Vineyards on July 11, 2015. Our dream wedding could not have been possible without Matt Kar and his team. Great food + great music = great wedding. And boy did Matt and his team deliver on the food! Jamesport Manor Inn has a new off... Read More premise catering company called "Two Forks Catering" sister company to Christopher Michael catering. We can't say enough good things about our whole experience dealing with Two Forks Catering. Matt is the consummate professional and it clearly has rubbed off on his team. His entire staff from Christine who helped run everything day of to the bartenders and servers, we could not have been happier with the staff. As for the food, we've had numerous people tell us "it was best cocktail hour ever." The hors d'oeuvre choices and quality of food was exceptional! The baby lamb chops, duck quesadillas and mini lobster rolls were all fan favorites. The raw bar was a huge hit! Clams, oysters on the half shell and shrimp, everything was so fresh. Our guests were eating oysters faster than the staff could shuck them I think. Dinner was great too! To show you how accommodating Matt is, when we met with him, my wife asked if we could have a cold corn side dish with dinner since Long Island corn would be in season. Without hesitation Matt said "not a problem at all." Matt made a delicious corn succotash side to accompany our main courses. The main dishes were great as well. We had Pan-Roasted Striped Bass and New York Strip Steak. We would also like to thank you and your whole staff at the Jamesport Manor Inn for making the rehearsal dinner perfect as well. The Gallery easily fit our 35 guests and is very elegant. Again, Matt was able to have a chowder soup made that my wife requested that was out of this world! The entrees and desserts were off the charts too! Matt will make your special day everything you dreamed it would be. Don't hesitate to use Two Forks Catering!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Ann E

My son, Chris and his now wife Amanda, called this great catering company with a budget for their wedding reception. Mr. Kar met with them and worked out a great menu within their budget. No other caterers they met with could provide such a bountiful menu as he did. Everyone... Read More raved about the amazing, delicious and abundant food that was provided by a staff that was delightful, professional and prompt. To provide for approximatly 180+ people under a tent, on a chilly, wet evening on September 30th is one thing but to have it served hot was amazing! I would highly recommend Christopher Michael Catering.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Julie R

My wife and I got married Sept. 2 2016 at Martha Clara Vineyards, which is beautiful venue to have a wedding. Christopher Michael caterers was suggested to us after we met other caterers in the area. My wife and I sat down with Matt at his office and right away we were... Read More impressed. Matt did not try to sell us on things that we did not need or want. He gave us options that were exactly what we were looking for, he was really professional and straight to the point. When I got to Martha Clara vineyard on our wedding day, I met with Matt while he was setting up, and he was a great person to talk with and he wished my wife and I all the luck in the world. When it came time for the reception and dinner hour, the food was perfect. Matts staff came around to each table and served dinner in a relaxed and comfortable way. And the food was amazing. My wife and I have heard back from many of our guest and they all raved about the food and professionalism of Matt and his staff. Julie and I want to say a Huge Thank You to Christopher Michael Caterers and would recommend them to anybody. Thanks again, Tommy & Julie Dunn

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Kelly D

From the very beginning, Matt and his staff were prompt, professional, and so easy to work with. Matt answered all of my questions in a timely manner and with honesty. He also had some great ideas when my fiancee and I met with him. He made everything a breeze, and we knew we... Read More were in great hands. Christine and Cynthia were so friendly and easy going, and helped me so much in planning my wedding. On the day of, Cynthia and her staff worked like a well-oiled machine. The service was impeccable and flawless. The food was incredible. I still have people talking about the food and its been months! If you're looking for good people with great service and awesome food, look no further. Christopher Michael is the best.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 janice Y

Mtt and his team did an amazing job at our son's wedding. His suggestions were all perfect, he even advised us where we could save money. The extras we added (raw bar, lobster rolls and corn salad) were all worth the minimal extra cost. Staff was courteous and attentive.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

Matt did our wedding on June 4th at Lenz vineyard. It was the BEST service I could have ever imagined. In fact it was better than I had even hoped. The staff were more than attentive but also remained unnoticed in a perfectly balanced way. They were always there with a fresh... Read More plate of appetizers or french plated food. I highly recommend the french plating. It was such a unique thing and our guests couldn't stop raving about it. They could try all the three options and have unlimited quantities without having to get up for a buffet. Everyone was so pleased with all the food cooked on premises. It tasted way more fresh than any catering hall could have provided. The filet was so tender and medium rare, the chicken was super very flavorful and the shrimp were cooked PERFECTLY. The side dishes were so fresh and tasty too. The appetizers were the perfect, chic cocktail hour too. Not too much food and just a perfect array of little bites. I could not recommend this caterer any more! 10 out of 10!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

Thank you so much for providing such exceptional food and service on our special day. As a bride I found such comfort in knowing not only how experienced and professional your catering is but also how personal and accomodating you were for both Joey and I. Thank you again for an... Read More amazing experience!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Jonathan W

Our wedding would not have been as big of a hit as it was without all of the hard work and delicious food from Matt and the rest of the team at Christopher Michael. After doing our homework on several caterers, we ultimately decided on Christopher Michael for numerous... Read More reasons, perhaps mostly because of the experience and professionalism of Matt. From our initial conversations, to our first meeting at the Jamesport Manor Inn (which we would also recommend for a fantastic dinner), to the dozens of questions and specific details we discussed over the phone and e-mails, Matt was always extremely helpful and quick to respond. Similarly, as we got closer to the big day, Matt offered his insights and experiences on our timeline for the reception and other critical details that we hadn't considered, even though those things weren't necessarily in the scope of our relationship. He also went out of his way to personally deliver some of the tables and chairs to our venue a day early for us to use for our rehearsal dinner. In terms of the day of, the experience could not have gone any better. The entire staff that was onsite acted professionally and efficiently; aside from the times that they were serving, they were never in the way, but always available when needed - they run a very smooth ship! And last, but certainly not least, the food itself was incredible! After getting Matt's opinion, we ultimately decided to go with French style service, giving our guests the option to choose from three entrees; everyone loved that they had the option to choose from three delicious entrees and that they could get seconds, or even thirds, if they wanted, although many of the guests had already filled up already on all of the delicious h'or deurves at cocktail hour! Even over a month later, we have at least one of our guests bring up how incredible the food was almost every day. Overall, from start to finish, working with the entire Christopher Michael team was as great of an experience as we could have expected. Not only did we have an incredible meal at our wedding, but we had a knowledgable, professional, and experienced team behind it, led by Matt. We wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Maddy S

Christopher Micheal catering was a great experience! Lovely staff and very accommodating. We recently got married at a vineyard on the north forth and Christopher Micheal catering really made the day a delicious and beautiful event. Highly recommend these catering services food... Read More was outstanding !

2015-10-22T12:54:03 Response from the vendor

We are glad we were able to make your special day great! Best wishes from all the staff at Christopher Michael.

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Meghan P

Matt and his staff were fantastic to deal with. Very up front with all associated costs and incredibly helpful when the big day comes. I wouldn't change a thing about the great service we got.

Reviewed on 8/11/2015

My daughter's wedding on July 25th, 2015 was perfect, thanks to Christopher Michael catering. Matt Kar's staff did a great job serving food that was just delicious. From our first meeting with Matt to discuss choices to the support of Christine in planning and on the "big day",... Read More everything was smooth, pleasant and professional.

A plus for food!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Rachel G

the food at my wedding was very important to me. EVERY dish was delicious and people even said it was the best wedding food they have ever had. I have eaten at his restaraunt as well and that food is superb too!

Simple & Delicious Farm-to-table Food

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Michelina D

I cannot say enough great things about Christopher Michael Catering, and specifically Chef and Co-Owner, Matt Kar. Matt was incredibly helpful while planning the catering for my wedding - he was attentive and responsive. He gave honest suggestions and helped guide us on amount... Read More of food, specialty tables, and hors d'oeuvre options. He also helped coordinate rentals such as chairs, tables, and suggested a trusted nearby tent company. And he was always willing to meet with us in person to answer any and all the questions I had, and believe me, I had a lot! The food at our wedding was great - it was fresh and simple and truly played to the surrounding North Fork farm-to-table feel. The servers and bartenders were all friendly and helpful and always made sure that my new husband and I had exactly what we wanted. I am extremely happy that we decided to go with Christopher Michael Catering. I recommend them to anyone planning their wedding on the East End of Long Island.

Amazing food and presentation!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Michael C

Matt and is staff made our dream wedding come true! From the mini lobster rolls at the cocktail hour to the seamless, professional french style dinner service, Christopher Michael Catering nailed our 200 guest wedding at Martha Clara this summer. Matt is the caterer to use... Read More on the North Fork. He met with us 4-5 times before the wedding to make sure that the menu and all of the selections were exactly what we wanted. His attention to detail ensured us that we were in good hands! He uses only local, seasonal ingredients, all of which he turned into appetizers and entrees that completely wowed our guests! People are still asking us about the food! Thanks to Matt an his staff for an amazing night!

Need To Feed An Army Elegantly?

Reviewed on 1/29/2014 Erika M

I'll admit at first glance of the Christopher Michael Catering doesn't appear to be a top notch caterer. Their website isn't fancy and the owner Matt Karr is a straight shooter. He's not going to give you a bunch of wedding pillow talk about he's going to make your antipasto... Read More table look beautiful, but believe me he's going to make it beautiful and more importantly he's also going to make sure you have enough of it to feed your guests. That's the thing about Matt he's a pro - he doesn't give big fancy presentations because his track record speaks for itself. He's been in the catering business on the North Fork for over 20 years, he's done every type of event imaginable, and has trucks outfitted with mobile kitchens to handle any sized event without the need for rental equipment. I had a lot of concerns about my tented wedding for 250 people on Shelter Island, but Matt walked me, my fiancé, and my parents through it and quickly proved that he was the man for the job. During the entire planning process Matt was also super helpful. I requested a few changes to his proposal and he easily accommodated them, and was extremely fair about price differences. In fact all his fees were quite reasonable and a world of difference from some other catering quotes I received. The day of my wedding I felt confident that it would be perfect and it was - my husband was concerned about lines at the bars and there were none, everyone raved about the food (the lamb chops at cocktail hour were a huge hit!), and the set-up for the dessert table was stunning (note I brought in dessert from another vendor and they set it up). I also had no need to be concerned about running out of food - we had leftovers which they kindly packed up and our family enjoyed the next day. I also have to give many props and thanks to Christine his catering manager. She runs the front of the house seamlessly and I think it says a lot about the whole operation that she has worked with Matt for 20 years. The entire Christopher Michael team was courteous, attentive and flexible. I also highly recommend their French style service - it's a bit Downton Abbey and really impressed our guests. If you want a caterer that’s reliable, ready for anything, and turns out delicious food look no further than Christopher Michael.

Best Caterer on the East End!

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Shoshana P

The moment we met Chef Matt from Christopher Michael Caterers we knew we had our guy. A native to Long Island and the East End, he represents what many Long Islanders are. He built his business from the ground up and his food speaks for itself. He was willing to work with us on... Read More our budget and made changes to his menu with no question. CMC also made sure the entire event ran smoothly including setting the tables, decorations, and making sure my husband and I had everything we needed throughout the night. We opted for a buffet dinner. We had so many family members and friends give us raving reviews about the food. Everyone especially loved the Sweet Potato Mash (that we asked him to make for our wedding not on his menu) and filet! They own two local restaurants out in Jamesport to which we've eaten at a few times. The food is just as incredible as at our wedding! Their restaurants and catering is all locally grown, farm to table style - just what we like! For affordable and delicious wedding food - pick CMC! We wouldn't have changed a thing!

Christopher Michael made our wedding day Amazing

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Michael L

My wife and I got married Oct 5th 2013 at Macari Vineyards in Mattituck. We picked Christopher Michael about 8 months before the wedding. Matt and his team were great from start to finish. Below is our Thank You email to Matt Jenny and I just wanted you to know how amazing... Read More everything turned out at our wedding on October 5th at Macari Vineyards. Besides having wonderful weather, we can’t say enough about your staff, servers, bartenders, cook and most of all the food. Matt, I was able to meet your son later in the night and he did an amazing job. To be honest the quality of the food and presentation blew away our expectations! My one friend who owns an Italian Restaurant said the pulled pork sliders served at cocktail hour were one of the top 3 things he’s tasted in his life. haha Another gust sent us an email and wrote “What a perfect day and perfect setting you guys had! I can’t believe how good the food was. Typically at weddings the food tastes as you would expect it to when they are cooking for 200 people and setting it out on hot plates waiting to be served...…but your caterer had fresh platters of the Tuna, Chicken and Steak coming right from the grill. You could tell everything was fresh and prepared right before it was served. I think Robin had about 3 servings of the chicken and I was dipping anything I could find into that horse radish sauce!” We are still getting compliments to this day about how great the food was. The tables, Linens, Tuscan table, even the presentation of the food on the trays as the servers came around during cocktail hour was perfect. No one was ever waiting for a server to come by and the bartenders kept the drinks flowing. We can’t thank you enough and will highly recommend you to anyone in need of a great caterer. We would also like to thank your whole staff at the Jamesport manor for making the rehearsal dinner perfect as well. Christine and Kerri were amazing to work and so accommodating. The Gallery was a perfect room for 44 guests and it was classy from start to finish but extremely fun as well! Food there was also top notch! Thank you again for everything!

The food was to die for!

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 kristin w

AMAZING!!!! Between the cocktail hour and the dinner, i didnt hear a bad thing about the food. People even got SECONDS!!!!!

Perfect-ness

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Larissa G

Matt Kar has an amazing staff who orchestrated the catering and the wedding perfectly. The food was amazing and was served under a tent at Clovis Point Winery. They were amazing. Matt Kar is an incredible leader of team which provides exactly what he says and even a little... Read More better than that. HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION!

superb

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Sandra V

Matt Kar and his staff were excellent to work with. The food was excellent, and being served french style, all guests were able to choose as much or as little of each menu item they wanted. People LOVED this!! You're not stuck with anything. Appetizers were great and people were... Read More thrilled. Their service was top notch. Having my wedding at Martha Clara, you have to coordinate a lot by yourself and just hope that it all works in the end. Matt makes sure everything you need is done perfectly. He really takes all of the worry out of planning! Just give him a to-do list, and everything will be done. My husband has special requests for beer, and they completely accommodated all of the requests. The catering will be the most expensive part, and I totally thought Christopher Michael caterers was worth every penny!

someone who knows what they are doing!

Reviewed on 10/27/2010 Laura M

THANKS MATT!!! Just wonderful people to work with. they really know what they are doing and will make your day special. People are still talking about the food

Great food

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Allison K

Excellent! Friendly and responsive staff. A little pricey, but I was confident in their ability to do an amazing job in an outdoor venue. Very smooth transition from Cocktail Hour to Recpetion.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 5/26/2010 Caitlin B

Everyone at my wedding raved about the food! The cocktail hour appetizers were absolutely amazing, and the buffet was delicious too. It was a great experience working with the owner; he's very down to earth and up front about everything. The servers were friendly and... Read More accommodating, overall a great experience all around.

Matthew Kar

From start to finish let me guide you through the process of making your special day perfect. From Setauket to Orient, we can can cater your wedding at the site of your choosing or help you find the perfect venue through our decade long relationships with sites throughout the North Fork. Our design team and day of coordinator can make the wedding of your dreams stress free. Contact me at [email protected] or (631) 834-6691 to inquire about our services for your wedding.