Circa on Seventh

Kenosha, WI

Book Your Wedding with Circa on Seventh

A BALLROOM IN KENOSHA, WI

Circa on Seventh is located in a vintage harborside area of Kenosha, Wisconsin. It's a wedding venue that's bright, historic and memorable whether you want a minimalist, rustic or glamorous wedding celebration. Once you walk through the sparkling French doors set in the classic brick storefront, you'll understand why this event venue has so much to offer. What looks modest on the outside turns into a soaring room that's airy and infused with light. The large celebration space, appropriately named The Grand Hall, was once an actively used theatre. Today it's restored with neutral colors and a blend of classic and modern accents to create an elegant and flexible wedding venue. The original 22-foot ceilings, architectural features and partially restored balcony take the building back to a more gracious time and the grand staircase makes a dramatic entrance way. Exposed brick, ornate but tasteful chandeliers and a solid wood dance floor are additional extras that give Circa on Seventh a sophisticated and special atmosphere for your wedding ceremony or reception.

Catering at Circa on Seventh is provided by Culinary Infusion, which also does catering for weddings at other venues in the Kenosha and Racine area. Set-up, cleanup, china, flatware, glassware and linens are all included. The catering crew does not do wedding or groom cakes, so you can bring in dessert from a licensed bakery. Cake cutting and service is provided by the caterer upon request (cake cutting is included for every client). You may also bring in outside wedding professionals including florists and makeup artists. The venue has some event rentals including chair covers, specialty lighting and other wedding decor. The catering team at Circa on Seventh can prepare anything from a laid back BBQ to a sit-down, five-course meal. All beverage service must be provided by the venue staff and no outside alcohol is permitted in the venue. Cash bar, open bar and specialty drinks are all available and the beverage crew can even help you design your own signature couple's drink.

Circa on Seventh has many little extras that help set your wedding day apart. Some of the perks include the following.

• Private bridal suite for bridal party
  • Wrought iron and wood cocktail tables
  • Historic flair on contemporary bar
  • Lovely harbor views
  • Local character for fun wedding shots
  • Professionally trained, uniformed staff

In the Heart of Harborside Kenosha

Renovated and restored from an old theatre, Circa on Seventh brings back century-old classic detailing, with a sophisticated contemporary twist. Located in Harborside Kenosha, the venue features the original 22-foot high ceilings and exposed brick walls, with all the modern touches.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

4902 Seventh Avenue, Kenosha, WI (262) 764-0601

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Michelle K

We held our June 18th, 2016 wedding reception at Circa on Seventh. As an out-of-state couple, Hanni made the planning process a breeze - she is very responsive to both e-mail and phone calls. She was able to provide menus, room diagrams, pictures, and anything else needed via... Read More e-mail as attachments, which was very helpful as we planned from afar. The venue itself is gorgeous - tall ceilings, a second floor balcony, a buffet room, and a large locked bride's room on the second floor (a room accessed via key code with ample storage, counter space, mirrors, outlets, and a large toilet stall with plenty of room for helpers to help the bride in/out of her gown). We selected an up-lighting package offered by Circa in our colors and provided floral centerpieces, and the venue looked absolutely stunning (with minimal work/additional cost on our part). As an out of town couple, we loved the convenience of their package deal - for a certain price per person, they offered a complete package including cocktail hour with butler-passed h'oeurdves, chargers, champagne service, open bar, buffet with meats and sides, and much more. We were able to customize the buffet to include more veggie options for vegetarian guests, and we were able to add on a late-night snack as well. Circa also had available for rent a card holder (worked well and looked beautiful), and provided champagne glasses at the head table for our toasts, cake cutting materials, etc. The planning was a breeze, and the actual reception was excellent. The wedding party missed cocktail hour for pictures, but set aside at our head table were ample appetizers so we could enjoy them as well when we arrived. The reception coordinator was attentive to every detail - she would come by discretely and check if we needed anything (drinks, etc) throughout the night. Guests raved about the food (particularly the maple root vegetables), and there were ample portions on the buffet, enough so that guests were able to grab seconds. At the end of the night, staffers helped us load everything into cars and helped us make sure that we gathered everything before we headed on our way. We can't recommend Circa enough!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Ellie N

Keith and Kathy Meyer, Hanni Gould, and Allison McMaster are absolutely amazing!!! My wedding was August 27th, 2016... already an incredible day to remember, the Culinary Infusion team made it even more unbelievable with the always impressive staff, absolutely delicious food,... Read More beautiful decorations, and stunning venue. They ALWAYS go above and beyond to ensure all needs are met and that you receive the best services possible. They are very accommodating to special needs and requests. They are true professionals in everything they do... if I weren't a total control freak I would feel 1000% confident to let them plan my ENTIRE wedding and know it would be incredible. To go with this amazing team is an extraordinary venue! With its high ceilings, exposed brick, beautiful walls and flooring, buffet room, bridal suite and prime location; you can only be pleased. Even if you choose not to have your wedding/reception here... the Culinary Infusion team is extremely accommodating to off venue locations as well! My family and I have been working with them for years for various events and they ALWAYS exceed expectations! This is HANDS DOWN the BEST company you will find to meet all of your needs and ensure your wedding day is absolutely incredible. I would recommend them for EVERY and ANY event you need serviced. As always.... I am beyond impressed and so fortunate I was able to work with them to make my wedding absolutely beautiful and impress all of my guests. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Breanna Z

If you choose this venue you will not be disappointed! I started working with Kelsey as my coordinator to start, she was awesome, always checking in with me at the perfect times and being so flexible. I booked really early so I would say a year before the wedding I was switched... Read More to their new coordinator, Allison. I was a little nervous switching but I am usually pretty go with the flow. I had no reason at all to be nervous, Allison was amazing and has had a lot of experience. She exceeded my expectations. Every question or request I had was not a big deal. The day of she also made sure everything ran smoothly. My photographer was leaving earlier than I had expected so Allison made sure to get everything pushed up to the right times. And this only left us more time for dancing, which I have no problem with! The other things I was nervous about for this venue were the upstairs tables, tables on the dance floor and parking. The day of my wedding these were not a problem at all. None of my guests complained and all were extremely impressed with the venue. I would suggest doing a seating chart so you can pick people who you know would have no problem losing their table or being upstairs. I had heard from multiple people before my wedding that they had great food and they were all right! Everything was delicious. My husband was not really into the wedding planning and trusted me to do whatever I wanted. He was very impressed with Circa and the food as well, which he usually doesn't have an opinion about much so that's a big deal! Working in this industry for about 5 years now I was afraid that I would be comparing everything to the place I work with but the service here honestly floored me. I couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere but Circa and am so glad we did!

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Ellie C

Circa was absolutely amazing! Everything turned out beautifully and with anything we needed they were there to help and guide us! The staff is incredibly friendly and attentive. The venue itself is elegant and beautiful. Our day would not have been perfect without them. I would... Read More recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Kate G

Hanni and Kelsey were an absolute pleasure to work with. They made the planning and organization of my wedding reception easy and stress free every step of the way. Both answered any questions I had and were more than willing to go over every little detail with me and my... Read More family. The moment I walked into Circa I knew that this was the place I wanted to have my wedding reception. It's naturally beautiful and I didn't have to worry about any additional decorations. The food was delicious and the staff was a dream to work with and were always professional. They truly made my reception the best it could have been.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Carrie D

My husband and I got married and had our reception at Circa on Seventh on June 24.th. We couldn't have dreamed it to be any better. This was the first and only venue we looked at. As soon as we walked inside and talked to the staff we knew this was the prefect place for us.... Read More The staff is amazing and the food was delicious. And when I say delicious, I mean it!! We really had a hard time picking out our buffet menu. Everything they make here is amazing!! We got nothing but the best reviews from all of our guests. Thank you Hanni and the Circa staff for making our dream wedding a reality!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Katy K

We got married 6/3/17 and loved having Circa as our venue!! We were nervous at first, as our original day of coordinator left just before our wedding. However, Hanni stepped in and things transitioned seamlessly. It was nice having a staff of people that have done so many... Read More weddings they have it down to a science. They asked questions about things I hadn't even thought of, and it paid off- I didn't have to worry about anything the day of. The space itself is great- modern, clean, nice details.

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Rachael W

Best venue hands down. They are very accommodating and easy to communicate with. After putting everything together our wedding was literally everything I pictured when I closed my eyes for 11 months! Hanna is beyond amazing and the wait staff is so professional our guests were... Read More so impressed! An example would be before we they would place our plates at our seat they were stand and nod and do the presentation syncrinized. My bridesmaid looked at me and said that was the fanciest salad hand off she'd ever seen:) which brings me to the amazing food. Best ever. But that review will be for culinary infusion :)

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Melanie G

Honestly, if I could give this venue more than five stars, I would! My wedding was last August and I could not say enough about how easy Hanni and team made my wedding day. From taking the stress of setting up the decorations off of me (because that was something I was SO... Read More anxious about) to all of the small touches the venue just throws in - I am so glad I chose Circa on Seventh!! And the food is a whole other story - I know I'm biased but it truly was the best wedding food I've ever had. It makes me so sad to hear guests complain about cold/bad food at a wedding - and I was so glad to serve warm, delicious food on my day. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Michelle W

My husband and I were married on 10/29/16 at Circa on Seventh. We chose to have our ceremony at a church but after seeing Circa in person, there wasn't a doubt in our minds that it was the perfect place for our reception! We booked our day immediately (about a year in advance)... Read More so we could be sure to get the date we wanted. I have known Kelsey practically since we were born so she handled all of our details. I couldn't say enough about how amazing Kelsey is, not only as a person, which I already knew, but as a coordinator as well! She kept all of the details straight and stayed in constant contact to keep everything up to date. She also brought a few things to my attention that I may have overlooked otherwise. My husband and I chose to do the bridal package for our reception and it is such a great value! It takes care of pretty much everything you could need, and there are a few extras that you have the option of including for an additional price. We had appetizers and a buffet for food, both of which were done beautifully in presentation and tasted absolutely amazing! Every single guest that we have spoken to about the reception raved that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. We also had some guests with dietary restrictions and Kelsey made sure to get them all a delicious vegan meal that they loved! Not only is the food at Circa incredible, but the service we had all day was unbelievable. I had always heard from other brides how stressful setting up, tearing down, and taking care of all the little details are at their wedding and how there were bound to be numerous things that would go wrong. That didn't happen at Circa. We dropped off decorations the day before and Circa took care of setting up every decoration and tearing everything down and packing it up afterwards. Not a single thing went wrong and it was the best day ever! I would recommend that anyone thinking about booking Circa for their reception should stop thinking and book now!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 A B

The rumors are true, Circa on Seventh is simply one of the best places all around to have your wedding (or event). 5 star staff, 5 star food, 5 star location, 5 star communication, 5 star everything. The ONLY "bad" part I can think of is it a little pricey, but I am cheap and... Read More weddings all around are outrageously expensive. With that being said, Circa is actually VERY well priced, especially for the quality of service, food, and location! AND Kelsey worked with our budget. Every positive rating on this page (and Facebook and other sites) is 120% true. I can't say enough great things about Circa on Seventh.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Abbey K

I am blown away with the attention to detail Kelsey and the whole Circa team provided through the whole wedding planning process. From the beginning booking stages to the layout of how the reception looked, there was nothing that went unnoticed. Many of our wedding guests said... Read More it was the best wedding venue they have been to and the best wedding food they have ever had. Due to my husband being in the military, we ended up moving three months before the wedding and Kelsey was constantly in contact with me to make sure everything was in line so I did not have to worry. I am beyond thankful to have chosen Circa on Seventh as our wedding reception venue. We rented out the venue for the entire day and brought in girls to do hair and makeup in the bridal room, where we ate breakfast and indulged in champagne and truffles all morning. We also purchased sandwiches to have before the ceremony at the church to make sure everyone was fed - it was such a great idea! I cannot thank everyone at Circa enough for my perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Robert N

I couldn't have been more pleased with Circa! Everything (and I do mean everything) is taken care of. There wasn't a worry about any aspect of our wedding after talking with their staff. We got exactly what we wanted for a very reasonable price. I've worked behind the scenes... Read More at other vendors, so I can say that I've seen what it takes to make a special day like we had possible. They have what it takes, and then some! They strive to give you everything you want, and never disappoint. It's not just the owners of the business that are accommodating, but their staff too. Everyone we worked with made you feel like you weren't just another customer. Overall, I couldn't be more satisfied with everything from Circa. I could go on and on about how amazing they are, but the best thing to do is talk to their staff to find out for yourself. You won't be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Kurt H

Circa on Seventh's services were beyond anything I could have imagined! I was married in July of 2016 and we had our reception there. The staff at Circa truly seemed to care about us, not just the payments they would be receiving. 1. Kelsey Brunner is wonderful. If you get the... Read More chance to work with her, you should. She was our wedding coordinator. She was helpful, friendly, prompt, and gave us great tips without ever being "pushy." Kelsey wasn't the only one who was great though... All of the staff made our entire wedding experience as stress-free as possible! The culinary team customized the sauce on their haddock for us because we preferred something lighter and it was amazing! 2. Speaking of the culinary team... THE FOOD. IS. GREAT. This is no exaggeration. So many of our guests raved about the quality and presentation of the food. We did our meal 2-entree buffet style - a must with such a beautiful buffet room! 3. My dad prefers Old Style beer, something that circa does not typically have. For a very small extra fee, the staff went out of their way to get some cans of old style just so my dad and some of his friends could have it. This seems small, but it meant so much because they were flexible and willing to do what they could to make our day more special for us. 4. THEY HANDLE DECORATING! This was such a relief! The way they do it is by having the decorations dropped off somewhere within a week before the wedding. You talk over your vision with them and that's it! They handle set up. I absolutely loved what the decorating team did. They completely understood the look we wanted and executed it perfectly. 5. Maybe even more important than the fact that they handle the decorating... they also handle tearing down all decor. I was a part of a wedding at another popular venue in Kenosha, WI (I'll just say it was a college) where the wedding party - including the bride and groom - had to tear down the decor. That is so unacceptable and Circa completely understands that! They don't even expect family to help tear down because they believe the family members should be enjoying the wedding too. 6. Circa on Seventh is in a perfect location for photos! During the reception, we snuck out close to sunset to get some pictures. Those are some of our favorite pictures from our wedding day! You have cute buildings, beautiful flowers and parks, and of course - the lake. 7. If you have time between the ceremony and reception, there is so much for guests to do in the downtown Kenosha area that there's no need to worry! There are coffee shops, bars/pubs, shops, and as I said before - parks! 8. Circa does not have their own parking lot, but I promise you that it is no problem at all. There is SO much street parking in downtown Kenosha (all free, by the way) that it didn't matter. None of our guests commented on the lack of a parking lot. And I actually like that they didn't waste space on a big chunk of asphalt. 9. Let's not forget that the venue itself is gorgeous. We loved that there was a balcony area to seat guests as well. The bathrooms are incredibly nice (side note - a guest of ours clogged the toilet and the staff took care of that right away!). We also loved having the dance floor right in front of the head table. We did not put tables on the dance floor (though you can and they move them for dancing) and we loved having the space in front of us so we could see the entire room. Final note - we LOVED circa. We would use them again!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Ashley B

My husband and I just had our reception at Circa and we had an awesome experience! The whole staff was very polite and very attentive to our needs. They made sure to answer all my questions and also made sure the night was perfect. Allison was a delight to work with. I highly... Read More recommend Circa!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Caitlin K

Words can't express how wonderful Circa on Seventh is. Hanni and her team were magnificent from start to finish. They knew how to run the show and make sure everything was taken care of. The hardest decision we had to make was how to narrow down the amazing food. Highly, highly... Read More recommend. Worth every penny, very affordable. If you want your dream wedding to end perfect, chose Circa, you will not regret it.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Jessica S

Circa on Seventh is amazing and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is getting married. We had our ceremony and our reception at this venue. Both were so beautiful. The venue is unique, clean, and has great accent walls for pictures. The bathrooms are clean and the... Read More bridal suite is amazing for getting ready and for bridal pictures. The venue has an upstairs balcony for guests to get away from the crowd and watch from above. The surrounding area is great for pictures and for bar hopping afterward. After the ceremony was a cocktail hour in which appetizers and drinks were being passed around while the staff flipped the room. Many guests stated they didn't even notice the staff members doing this! The staff knew what they were doing 100% of the time and were always asking me and my wedding party if we needed anything. Staff members would find me and personally deliver me a glass of wine when I was empty. I have never met such kind and hard working people. The staff was 100% committed the entire time. Hanni and others took all of my decorations and put them out exactly how I wanted. The food was DELICIOUS! The bar was stocked and the bartenders were quick and friendly. I have NOTHING to complain about. My guests had nothing but nice things to say, many guests stated "it was the best wedding they had ever been to". I am SO glad I chose this venue and would not change a thing. GET MARRIED HERE!!!

One Happy Bride and Groom

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Amanda D

To say this venue was great would just be an understatement. My husband and I received wonderful help from Hanni and the staff. Hanni was very attentive to our wants and needs, responsible, reliable, kind.. I could go on and on. The food was amazing and we defiantly received... Read More raved reviews from other family members about the venue and food after our wedding. We would recommend this venue to anyone.

AMAZING VENUE

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Kaitlin F

I had my ceremony and reception at Circa on Seventh at the end of October and it was spectacular. Everything went perfect thanks in large part to the staff there. They are so helpful and accomodating that I literally have zero complaints. The food was amazing, all our guests... Read More complimented us on not only the food but the venue itself. I had multiple guests tell me it was the best wedding they had ever been to. It was affordable especially compared to other venues in the area and beautiful. I would recommend any couple looking for a wedding venue in the Chicago/Milwaukee area go to Circa and you will have the wedding of your dreams. Hands down the best place to get married!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Jessica B

The moment I walked in to Circa I knew it was the place for my wedding reception. It is so beautifully decorated and very modern looking, unlike many other venues I looked at. The best part of Circa is the amazing staff. Every person I interacted with was great, I personally... Read More worked with Kelsey, who is AMAZING! She actually takes time with you and gets to know what you like and helped me every step of the way! Even the day of was checking in with me and making sure everything was going great! Another wonderful thing about Circa is their food, sooo yummy!! They even brought us some appetizers to the head table because they knew we missed most of cocktail hour! I received so many compliments on the food and venue, and still am to this day! Circa made my wedding day, so happy I found this little gem! Thank you again so much Kelsey! -Jessi Bauer 9/12/15

Outstanding

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Nora H

My wife and I had our wedding reception at Circa on Seventh this past August and it was truly perfect in every way. We attribute this perfection to the dedication of the staff. Hanni worked with us every step of the way to ensure that every detail we envisioned came to life.... Read More We were planning our wedding from Chicago and Hanni was great about communicating via email and phone throughout the process. Two of Circa's staff members worked as our ceremony coordinators even though we were not married at Circa. They went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for our ceremony. We can't say enough good things about the entire staff and venue. We are so happy that we chose Circa for our wedding.

BEST DAY EVER!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Michelle L

This place is beautiful!!! Everyone was SO nice and the food was GREAT!!!! They helped make my bridal shower AMAZING!!!

More than I expected!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Megan M

If you want peace of mind about the venue for your wedding, then this is the place for you!!! I can not say enough about how happy we are with the way everything turned out!! We worked with Hanni, and she was not only super sweet, but she would do her best to help you plan,... Read More and make decisions, offer suggestions, and any questions we had, we could shoot her an email, and she would be there for us!! Even when we would drop by to look around yet again, she was happy to help, and once when she was not there, Kelsey was happy to answer out questions. We had our ceremony there as well, and with 150 guests coming, I was worried that we would feel squished especially while they were changing the room over from the ceremony to the reception, but they have that down like a well oiled machine! We opted to have 2 banquet tables of 18 younger guests sit upstairs so we could keep the dance floor free of tables. My daughter was worried for those guests, not being able to see, but they all stood around the banister up the stairs, and I think they had the best view of events taking place! We had a buffet for dinner, and they kept the line going quickly and smoothly, and I am continually hearing back from guests on how excellent the food was! We also had the dessert buffet and coffee bar, OUTSTANDING!!! I also heard the late night pizza was great!! I didn't make it back for any of that, too busy dancing! The employees don't just disappear either! We had a couple of dancers drop a glass on the floor, and my cousin said it was like 'poof' they were there cleaning it up immediately!! They were so attentive the whole night! We had some items to placed out for the guests, all I had to do was drop them off there, and Hanni took care of setting it all out for us, and at the end of the evening, everything was boxed up and ready for us to pack up and go! I really can't say enough about the service we received! The place is gorgeous on top of all of that! You can try to find a better place, but I don't think you will find one!!

The best wedding venue around!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 meaghann c

There isn't enough words to describe how absolutely amazing this venue is. From the time my husband and I set foot in the door to after the wedding, Hanni and the event staff were awesome. Great customer service and the wedding day went flawlessly. All of our guests raved about... Read More the food and said it was the best wedding food they have ever had. This venue is so elegant which was exactly what I was going for. We went way over budget but this place was worth it! They let us bring everything for the wedding the day before at the rehearsal and set everything up for us!! That was such a relief and one less thing for us to worry about! At the end of the night they put everything on a cart for us to take home. During dinner and through out the reception we had staff coming up to us to ask if they could get us anything from the bar or do anything for us. AWESOME!!! I would recommend this venue to anybody getting married and I definitely will keep this in mind for any future parties- baby shower in the next few years??? :)

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

My husband and I had our reception at Circa on Seventh in August 2015. We couldn't have been more pleased. Hanni and her staff were very professional, flexible, and detail oriented. They assisted with the set-up and organization of all of our centerpieces and decorations,... Read More coordinated the timing of the day, and really made sure that everything ran smoothly. We planned our wedding from out of state, and Hanni was very flexible with planning meetings, and communicating by e-mail. Everything with our reception ran smoothly, and exceeded our expectations. Our guests were extremely impressed with the venue and especially with the food. I have had so many compliments from guests on the food and location. We are so happy with our choice. Hanni and her staff did an amazing job adding all of the extra touches for our special day.