Circuit Center & Ballroom - Fluted Mushroom

Pittsburgh, PA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Circuit Center & Ballroom - Fluted Mushroom

A BALLROOM IN PITTSBURGH, PA

The Fluted Mushroom at the Circuit Center and Ballroom offers a modern and exquisite ballroom space with premier catering, rendering it an exceptional place to hold a wedding or reception. A staple in the Pittsburgh area for over 40 years, the Fluted Mushroom harbors an eclectic style, suitable for many lifestyles. Either plan your reception in the Circuit Center's indoor facilities, or utilize the outdoor courtyard for your ceremony or cocktail reception during the spring or summer. This venue is ideal for those hosting a large wedding, as it features round tables with seating for 10, with the ability to hold up to 400 guests for a particular event. The stately facilities should not daunt guests having more intimate weddings, however. A common event at the Circuit Center caters to roughly 100 people; the facilities are simply versatile for any type of wedding theme, event, or party. A bridal suite with private bathroom is also available (and recommended) for the bridal party to relax and enjoy drinks and hors d’oeuvres prior to dinner.

For those considering an indoor wedding, which can be held during any season at any time of year, facilities include a one-level modern reception hall, including handicapped facilities. The outdoor courtyard is ideal for a wedding held late spring thru early fall, as it is an uncovered space, but can be tented. Either the outdoor courtyard or the inside ballroom can double as a Ceremony site; however a one-time $500 fee and additional rental fees may apply.

All food, liquor and other beverages are provided for the reception. No outside food or beverage is permitted to be brought in, with certain exceptions. Decor within the facilities features ivory drapes, which can conceal the full-size acoustic stage, if desired. Forest green padded chairs with silver metal frames are included. However, if this does not fit in with the desired decor,colored chair covers or bamboo Chiavari chairs are available for an additional fee. The Circuit Center prefers that events end at midnight, but as every wedding is different, speak to the coordinator about your particular needs and times.

Relax and enjoy some of the amenities offered, such as:

• Ample free on-site parking
  • Private bridal suite
  • Quality China, flatware and glassware.
  • A complimentary champagne toast for the bridal party.
  • The couples name and personalized message illuminated on an electronic marquee.
  • Full-size acoustic stage with audio visual capabilities.
  • Close proximity to multiple hotels, restaurants and bars.

Convenient Location with Exceptional Food

When your event is once a lifetime, it demands the right ingredients and the right environment. The Circuit Center offers a delicious pairing of a state-of-the-art venue and premier catering by The Fluted Mushroom that will have your wedding guests raving until your first anniversary!

Ballroom

5 Hot Metal St (by Southside Works), Pittsburgh, PA (412) 381-1899

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Jamie U

I would highly recommend the Circuit Center for your reception venue in Pittsburgh! One of the best choices we made. First off-you cannot beat the location. It was so nice for my guests to be basically downtown with many great restaurants, shopping, and hotels all within walking... Read More distance. The circuit center also has a parking lot which is extremely rare and so nice for out of town guests! What really sold me though was the customer service. In a time where you are spending money left and right to create the best day of your life you want to have great communication and pick a venue that you can put your trust in. Amy Hosking did just that. I swear that girl does not sleep. She was always available to answer my questions or make suggestions throughout the planning process. She is extremely detailed, responsive, and caring. A few weeks leading up to the wedding I started working Val who was also just as responsive and organized as Amy. They both made me feel less stressed and comforted that my big day was going to be exactly as I had imagined it would be. Val worked with all my different vendors for drop offs and was there to greet us as soon as our bridal party arrived for cocktail hour. She was there all night making sure my husband and I were happy and things were running smoothly -which it absolutely did! The food was DELICIOUS. Guests are still talking about the potatoes and how perfect the filets were cooked. The servers were so professional and caring. Our bridal party server, Dan, was the best. He was always there to make sure our drinks were full and even boxed up plates to go for my brother-in-law and niece who ended up not being able to make it due to illness. Little acts of kindness like this made us feel like it was money well spent. We truly had the best day of our lives!! Thank you Amy, Val, and the rest of the crew at the Fluted Mushroom for all your hard work!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Francesca Rose B

My husband and I had our wedding at the Circuit Center on October 29th of this year. Let me start by saying that this was by far the best experience that we could have ever dreamt of. We had the great pleasure to work with both Amy and Val for our wedding reception and we could... Read More not be more thankful. Everything was literally perfect. Amy was so flexible, helpful and truly invested in our wedding celebration. She was open to talking and meeting with us literally any time that we needed her and walked us through each item of the to do list and all of the preparation for the big day. Amy provided suggestions, captured our vision and executed the reception the EXACT way that we wanted it. She truly cares about every couple and their family and assured that we had everything that we wanted. She helped coordinate with all of our vendors and literally took on a huge job for us with having over 300 people in attendance. I highly recommend working with these people-absolutely amazing!!!! We also had the pleasure of working with Val in the weeks closest to the wedding. Let me start by saying- trust her vision and suggestions. She was able to create a beautiful reception and it was beyond my wildest dreams that it was our wedding reception we were at. She was amazing to work with. Val continually was connected to us, patient with changes that took place the week of the wedding, and was very attentive to our needs. She provided awesome suggestions and took creative reign on our reception and we could not be happier. It was Val's attention to details that made our reception have that extea "something" to it. Amy and Val are literally a DREAM TEAM. I could not be happier with our reception. My family and I are extremely appreciative of good food and it has to be exceptional for us to rave about it -- 5 STARS!!! Amy, Val, the kitchen staff, servers and bartenders were absolutely top notch. Our food was hot for over 300 people for a sit down dinner. Our guests are still raving about the food and it is a month later. The portions are huge-that was a concern for us because at most weddings, the food is smaller portioned for a sit down. We are so pleased with the food !! The antipasto is not to be forgotten or discounted either- fabulous!!! The spread was beautiful. They truly made our cocktail hour special. The antipasto display was huge and they were also able to execute our vision with our cigar bar. My husband had one request for our wedding and it was the cigar bar. Val took all of our cigars and created a gorgeous display. This team of people truly care about your wedding day and want it to be special. My family and I could not be more thankful for the hard work that was put into making our day perfect. We are so grateful for Amy and Val. We are overjoyed at how beautiful our reception was and how much attention to detail Amy and Val placed on our wedding. I have to say that they are literally the best of the best. They take on any issue, concern, stress or questions that could possibly come up and make sure that it is handled so you can focus on your significant other and the family and friends that came to celebrate. We are truly so grateful that we had our wedding at the Circuit Center. We made memories to last forever and it was absolutely beautiful. We cannot thank Amy and Val and their team enough. Your wedding will be absolutely fabulous at this venue. Thank you again!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Lauren K

Fluted Mushroom catered my wedding on May 20th at The Terrace at Hyatt House-Southside. They did a excellent job with everything! The food was absolutely delicious; I got so many compliments from my guests. My husband and I were so excited because the servers made sure that... Read More we got our food first, so we were actually able to eat at our wedding! Anything that we needed the day of the wedding, they were on top of. When I got icing all over my husband's face after the cake cutting, Val was right there with a napkin! Even dealing with them before the wedding went so smoothly. Amy Hosking is absolutely amazing to deal with. She is so friendly and sweet and helped with everything along the way. No question went unanswered!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Shelby F

I recently had our wedding reception at the Circuit Center & Ballroom & all I can say is WOW. The venue, food & service was amazing. More importantly, Val, who was our events coordinator was phenomenal. She was incredibly responsive, patient & was willing to bend over backwards... Read More to make our dreams come true. I was brought to tears when Val should us the room for the first time - she really understand what we wanted. We put our trust in the Circuit Center & Ballroom as well as the Fluted Mushroom & they exceeded all of our expectations. Our friends and family could not speak more highly of this venue. This is a must-have place for your event!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Liz D

We had our wedding reception on 8/4/2017 at Circuit Center & Ballroom and it was truly the most perfect night. From our very first meeting with Amy and Val, we knew it was the right venue for us - they are so easy to work with and made our day better than we could have imagined.... Read More We chose the duet plate for our meal (chicken/filet) and it was amazing - we cannot say enough good things about the food! The first look at our ballroom was one of my favorite moments of the wedding - it left us speechless!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Kelley R

I would recommend the Circuit Center & Ballroom in Pittsburgh. First the location was perfect, we had a lot of out of town guests and had rooms books at the hotel only a block away, and the circuit center has a parking lot across from their location, which cannot be beat in... Read More Pittsburgh either. There are plenty of bars and restaurant within walking distance, always something to do! After seeing the space, at first I was intimidated at how large it was, but after being invited to see the space during a few different wedding set ups I fell in love. We had both our ceremony and reception at this location, having them switch the rooms over from looking one way to another was amazing in just an hours time. Amy Hoskings was always available through email or phone to answer any questions we had in the planning process, ask about venders they suggest, or plan to meet up. The few weeks leading up to the wedding, we starting working with Val who was also just as responsive and willing to meet or discuss anything that was on our minds. She was get a giving suggestions, please take them she knows what she is talking about. I knew the day of I would not have to worry about how to hall looked, it was just as I imagined and better. Val kept checking in on us as we were getting ready, had food and drinking waiting for our bridal party after pictures and making sure things were running smoothly. My husband spent more time with her the day of, we were unsure of the exact timeline during the ceremony start time due to guests being seating minutes before the ceremony started; which we did not know would happen. Val was also hard to find during dinner and the reception. The food was fantastic! We loved getting to taste it, and loved it even more on the day of our wedding. All of our guests are still talking about how delicious it was. After we finished eating, we would have loved if our leftovers were boxed up instead of taken away, same with our cake. That was the only downside to our during dinner and our reception. Overall, it was a perfect day! The venture looked perfect, the food was delicious, and everything ran smoothly. We loved the Circuit Center & Ballroom!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Carla H

Amy and The Fluted Mushroom were absolutely fabulous to us from beginning to end. I cannot say enough nice things about them. From talking through our options and truly listening to how we wanted the day to go, to the actual day itself, Amy and her team were extremely... Read More accommodating. She kept us on time, and she was always concerned about how the decisions about the day would make us feel. They even put together a plate for me and my husband, so we wouldn't have to wait in the buffet line. She also saved appetizers for me. Even now, a week after our wedding, we talk about how amazing the team was to us. Oh, did I mentioned the food was FANTASTIC!? Everyone else at the wedding would agreed. The Fluted Mushroom is truly the whole package. I would highly recommend them for any event.

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Mike G

everything right so that the bride has the day she has always envisioned. The food was fI wanted to post a note to acknowledge the work done by the staff at the Circuit Center/Fluted Mushroom, specifically Valarie Leya. We had a rather large wedding here in mid December 2016... Read More and everything was just fantastic. Val spent as much time as we needed to review all key details. As every one knows, there are many moving parts to putting together a successful wedding. Val and the team did a great job of making sure she was not only aware of the details, but made sure she personally was on site to be certain all was running as planned. She certainly understood the importance of how critical it is to get fantastic and kept to the reputation. They were also willing to accommodate all of our requests with respect to deliveries prior to the wedding and worked closely with our planner to be sure they provided whatever we needed to make this day special for our daughter. I would like to thank Val and Lee along with the rest of the team for making this a wonderful day. I would highly recommend this facility. Thanks again for assisting us in putting on such a beautiful event.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Caroline S

Perfection. I could not have asked for better coordinators in Amy and Val. Every step of the process was enjoyable. The food was DELICIOUS. The room was GORGEOUS. And it was a dream wedding. Thank you. Thank you! THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Caitlin J

Honestly - the Circuit Center was absolutely amazing. It was the only venue we went and saw in person and we immediately loved how open it was. We kept in touch with Amy and Val for an entire year before we needed to do anything serious. Amy definitely sold us on the idea to... Read More have our reception there and Val, well, Val is a saint. She made our entire experience so easy and it is something I will never forget. The day before the ceremony, she was suggested we use the chivari chairs which is something we wanted from the beginning and Val had open communication with me, my cousin and our entire family/bridal party. Anyone who engaged with her that night - told us the next day how amazing everything was and how helpful Val had been. If we ever renew our marriage, we're coming straight back to the circuit center again and again. The reception was perfect, the food was amazing and the experience is something we will never forget.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Cara Mia G

The Circuit Center is a Beautiful venue! The food is excellent and Val and Lee are very responsive and go out of their way to make your day special!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016

My daughter and son in-law had their wedding at the Circuit Center on October 29th 2016. A 5 star overall rating is not enough to truly rate the overall excellence with the venue, food, staff and total experience as the client and feedback from our guests. If you are... Read More considering this venue, do not have ANY second thoughts or deliberation about choosing them for your wedding. Amy and Val were in lock step with us throughout planning every detail, big or small. The food is exceptional, large portions and priced accordingly for the quality and presentation. Wait staff were constantly a moment away to fulfill every need during dinner service and beyond. We had a large wedding with many personal touches and all of our requests to include many family traditions were met without hesitation. The week of the wedding Val worked tirelessly on details and the day of the wedding she kept a large number of guests and bridal party on schedule in a non intrusive manner. The wedding was exquisite, flawlessly executed and will be a lasting memory for both families. Highly recommend The Fluted Mushroom and Circuit Center.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Colleen C

The Circuit Center and Ballroom was the absolute perfect location for our wedding reception! My new husband Frank and I were a little lost when we started looking for reception venues (we hadn't even heard of it before we searched the knot, that's why I felt it so important to... Read More share my feedback here) but immediately we knew we had found our location. We wanted a giant ballroom that we could customize in any way that we wanted and this is it! Val and Amy on the events staff are truly amazing. We worked with both leading up to the event and Val was our day of coordinator. I live out of state and the team was so terrific at working with us to schedule our visits and make plans via phone and email. Day of, I had nothing to worry about because we had reviewed all the schedules, layouts, decor, food, drinks, cake, etc. before, and the team knew exactly what we wanted. We were able to work with Val to get the floor plan layouts perfect- cookie table, photo booth, tables for 220 guests, a massive bridal party head table, and a giant dance floor that was packed all night. The team is so organized and knows exactly what they're doing- they did all the hard work so that my husband and I could have our perfect wedding and enjoy the day celebrating with family and friends. We're so glad that we put our trust in them to handle everything, because they did a truly amazing job and we couldn't have asked for a better reception venue! Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Judy S

Outstanding caterer. Extremely friendly and accommodating and handled changes and my confusion professionally and quickly. The food was DELICIOUS and just the right temperature and quite plentiful. Staff was so helpful and friendly.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Ashlie W

I could not have had a more incredible wedding. I did not use a wedding planner, instead opting to do it all by myself. Thankfully, Amy Hosking, wedding coordinator at the CCB, is absolutely amazing. She is so attentive, so efficient and very organized. The engineer who worked... Read More with me on lighting was also very communicative and friendly. Amy was always available to help me when I had a question. She remembered things I had forgotten about and even suggested ideas that I hadn't thought of. She made sure my big day was perfect, down to making sure any needs we had were met during the reception. The food was absolutely amazing - EVERYONE raved about it! We went with a dual entree. We are foodies, so a delicious meal was important. The chef even created Pittsburgh-themed mini appetizers for our guests - they were a huge hit! Amy and the staff made sure our elaborate cookie table looked stunning! The pricing for everything was very appropriate for the incredible service we received. I wish I could relive the day over and over again!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Stephanie C

I absolutely cannot say enough positive things about Amy, Val, and the rest of the team at the Circuit Center/Fluted Mushroom. Our big day (9/24/2016) was just perfect. From the very first appointment, Amy and Val made us feel excited and at ease -- we knew we were in good... Read More hands. Along the way, they offered perfect suggestions on everything from colors to vendors to food choices. For an indecisive bride, this was invaluable. On our big day, the team made sure everything went perfectly -- not one thing was out of place, and I threw a lot of crazy setup their way (including four tables of cookies which they didn't just plate, they created an amazing display to show them all off). The food was absolutely outstanding. Rarely do I go to a wedding and remember the food, but our guests raved about their appetizers (the crab dip is the best) and meals all evening long. The staff was professional and attentive, keeping things moving and taking care of our loved ones with smiles on their faces -- you could tell they all genuinely cared and wanted to make sure everyone was happy and enjoying the evening. The room itself is a blank canvas -- you can easily tailor it into the room of your dreams -- and the location is perfect (plus, there is a huge parking lot just across the street, so convenient for your guests). I would recommend this venue to any bride-to-be, and thank you thank you thank you to the Circuit Center/Fluted Mushroom team for making our wedding the best day ever :).

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Dana S

We celebrated our Wedding in September 2016 and The Circuit Center and Ballroom staff were amazing. Val was our day-of coordinator and she helped us through the entire planning process and answered every question we had. We planned an onsite ceremony, cocktail hour and reception... Read More all of which turned out beautifully. After pushing back the ceremony due to traffic issues, the staff was still able to accomplish the reception set up and tear down of the ceremony room in 45 minutes rather than an hour. The day of the wedding, Val and the staff were just spot on with everything! They were friendly, accommodating and overall wonderful. I can't express how much it means to us that they made our wedding how we wanted it rather than what others have done in the past. We have already received so many compliments on the food, food presentation and service at the Circuit Center and Ballroom. After the wedding, they made it so easy for everything to be picked up the next day. I highly recommend them for a wedding venue and Val for any of your events. Thank you so much to Val and staff! We appreciate all of your help in making our day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Melanie K

We went with The Fluted Mushroom to cater our champagne reception post ceremony at The Frick. We had a lovely experience and would recommend them to anyone. Great to work with and very professional. I worked closest with Amy. She was just great!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 M W

This was a great venue for my daughter's wedding.. Central location and free parking, walking distance to hotels. Wedding coordinators are awesome and met with us on numerous occasions before the wedding to help with planning. The day of the wedding was wonderful. Service was... Read More great. Food was spectacular. The room set up was awesome and looked beautiful We were able to set up the room to fit our style and that meant a lot to us. Val gets six stars!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Shannon K

Beware! Brides need to know what they are getting into with this venue. The Circuit Center as a venue is gorgeous & the Fluted Mushroom in terms of a caterer is quite good. HOWEVER, to book the circuit center, you are required to work with a Fluted Mushroom event coordinator.... Read More Amy is a delight to work with but when we transitioned to Val for the day of the event, she ruined the whole experience for us. Please note that I'm a very laid-back bride so it took a LOT for me to write a negative review. Val progressively got worse over the months. Her correspondence was vague at best, but on most occasions she just ignored my questions and didn't respond back. 1 week prior to my wedding I had to email 3 times, call her twice and then call her manager over a period of a week just to try to schedule my last tasks before the event. When she met with my DJ, she flat out started a yelling match with the guy saying that everything for an event is done HER way, no exception. The fighting was highly unprofessional and very awkward!. The day before the wedding I dropped off all of the decorations & she criticized EVERYTHING I brought in! This was extremely hurtful as 1. Im the bride and she's hired to make MY day work out, and 2. we are less 24 hrs from the event, even if you dont agree with my choices there's nothing I could have done to fix it! During the rehearsal she bad mouthed me to my own mother-flat out insulted the bride! I blew it off since I didn't want to cause any awkward feelings prior to the event. Finally, we hit our wedding day where she REALLY showed her true colors. We pay nearly 20K and Val shows up to the wedding in picnic attire. To top that, like our DJ, Val started a fight with our videographer. She called her a spoiled little brat and bad mouthed her to her Fluted Mushroom employees b/c she requested a different vendor meal. Val wouldn't let up on this girl until finally, our videographer had to hide in the bridal suite with us during the cocktail hour just to get away from her! Val, seeing the girl had come to us, stormed in, continued to yell at the girl and threatened to "drive her business to the ground"! My husband and I stayed calm, asked if they can avoid each other for the remaining 3 hrs of the night & excused ourselves so we can enjoy the rest of our cocktail hr. We thought everything was fine until one of our guests pointed out during the reception that Val had called the police on our videographer and was having her escorted off of the premises. Again, my husband and I had to leave our own wedding to handle the situation. The officer said that the entire situation was ridiculous and refused to remove our PAID vendor from the event for no cause. Being a videographer, the girl had captured on camera Val's rude comments and insults. At this point, we blew up. Val had verbally fought with two of our vendors on separate occasions and prohibited our paid videographer from capturing our special day multiple times. We informed the Owner of the Venue & Fluted Mushroom of how unprofessional this woman was, but she was never reprimanded or fired. So these are my lasting wedding memories. Altho the venue is pretty, since you HAVE to work with Val, I highly recommend brides to consider other locations. If you do decide to use this place, demand someone other than Val before you sign! Check out all of the negative reviews for this venue on the other review sites, they mostly reference her.

2016-09-26T13:06:36 Response from the vendor

Here at the Circuit Center and Ballroom we take reviews and feedback very seriously. The parties involved have been contacted and we are doing our very best to resolve this situation.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Michael P

Unbelievable experience! Val and the staff took care of everything and made sure our day was the best! Couldn't have asked for anything more! A+++

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Lori K

Valerie, I hope you had a good day off. I’m sure you’re back at it again already. Just wanted to say again what a pleasure it was to work with you on the 9/17/16 wedding. I continue to receive compliments about the entire night: the food, the venue, the music. It was... Read More great/refreshing to work with a pro that kept everything flowing. I hope we can work together again soon. Thanks again and take care. Sincerely, Sam

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Kirstin D

The venue was beautiful. Amy was awesome to work with. Food was incredible. Servers were top notch, except when we didn't have the champagne toast for all the speeches. We toasted with water. Once the situation was brought to the servers attention, he immediately rectified the... Read More situation and brought champagne out. Bartenders however were downright rude, mean at times, even carded guests after we were told they couldn't card guests so we had to pay the $30 per person bar fee even for those who don't drink. They ran out of coors light by the beginning of dinner and had to go buy more from the distributor. We were charged for a bathroom attendant, we never saw. Bathrooms were not always neat. There was confusion on who had to pack up cookies. First it was the family had to, then the boss came out and said they would do it. Overall we would highly recommend this venue. We can only hope they can get some new bar help!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Alex Z

Fluted Mushroom catered our daughter's wedding at Pittsburgh Botanic Garden on July 2, 2016. They were, in a word, fantastic. In the months before the wedding, Amy was always reachable and very friendly. She answered every question we ever had and even called us after catering... Read More another wedding at the same venue to offer some tips to make the day run smoother. The staff set beautiful tables in a quick amount of time, and they were all quite friendly as well. Amy made sure that she touched base with me on any decisions that needed to be made during pre-ceremony time in a polite and unobtrusive way. Everything was handled so well that I didn't have to waste any of that precious day worrying about the details. Oh yeah, the food was delicious, too!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

The entire staff from the Fluted Mushroom and the Circuit Center did a great job. They made everything super easy for us. The ballroom looked elegant and was spacious enough for lots of dancing, guests, and cookies! We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.