City Club at River Ranch

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The City Club at River Ranch is located in the heart of historic Lafayette, Louisiana. This prestigious club is recognized by Platinum Clubs of America, which represent the very finest private clubs throughout the United States. The City Club at River Ranch is well renowned for its elegance and sophistication, superb food and fabulous event space.

This venue's classic buildings, gardens, fountain and courtyards create many picturesque places that allow couples to capture stunning wedding photographs. They also offer a variety of function rooms and can accommodate full service wedding banquets of up to 600 guests.

makes a beautiful place to host weddings and wedding receptions from simple to extravagant. The room’s elegant grey and white decor matches every bride's color scheme. The ballroom can seat receptions up to 350 guests.

is a beautiful circular room with a majestic fireplace. This room works well for smaller more intimate gatherings and can accommodate up to 125 guests.

is a spectacular outdoor venue for pre-event cocktails or exchanging vows. The space can accommodate events up to 150 guests for a ceremony and 250 for a reception.

is a breathtaking venue that is the ideal location for a wedding ceremony. The gazebo is such a lovely feature on its own that it requires little decoration.

is a wonderful space for medium-sized receptions and can accommodate up to 100 guests.

provides an excellent environment for intimate luncheons or dinner receptions of up to 20 guests.

is available for Saturday events and has a relaxed outdoor seating area that can hold parties of up to 200 guests.

The City Club at River Ranch provide couples with a private events director who, along with their professional service staff, can help coordinate, advise and book any services the couple might require, to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible. The experienced chefs offer a range of carefully selected wedding menus and are also prepared to tailor menus for individual requirements.

The City Club at River Ranch has many perks and the Carriage House Hotel is one of them. Couples and their guests can book accommodation at this boutique hotel. They also offer extra perks like:

• Full service fitness center
  • Outdoor swimming pool and recreational area
  • World class tennis
  • Onsite casual dining
  • Riverspa services

We Make Your Dream Happen.

City Club at River Ranch, the premier venue in Lafayette, is ideal for Engagement Parties, Rehearsal Dinners, Indoor & Outdoor Ceremonies and Receptions. Let our Event Specialists help you plan an affair to remember with personalized menus and outstanding service that will exceed every expectation.

Ballroom, Country Club, Hotel, Restaurant

Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1100 Camellia Blvd., Lafayette, LA (337) 216-6558

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Katie G

We were treated so well throughout the entire wedding planning process. Jennifer Foreman and Ashley Trahan went above and beyond to make sure that our special day was as perfect as could be. I truly couldn't be happier with their level of service. All of my questions were... Read More answered quickly. I was so relieved that Jennifer was able to do all of the coordinating between the caterer, musicians, decorators, etc. The ceremony took place at 5pm in the Carriage House Courtyard, which was beautiful, exotic, and intimate. Our reception was in the Bar & Grill at City Club, and again, the setting was very warm and intimate for 120 guests. The FOOD was AMAZING! I highly recommend that brides consider renting a suite at The Carriage House Hotel for getting ready the day of the wedding. It's a beautiful setting and the staff ensures that you are well taken care of throughout the day. One of the girls at the front desk went so far as to help with our last minute wedding decorations. My wedding was everything that I dreamed it would be. : ) City Club made sure of it. Thank you so much Jennifer and Ashley!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jennifer S

My daughter and her new husband had a fabulous wedding reception at City Club. Ashley Trahan and Jennifer Foreman were so gracious and accommodated all of our request. Thank you so much ladies! The venue was beautiful and the food was great! Wish we could do it again!

Perfect Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Haley C

I just recently got married 01/16/16 and had our reception for 200 people in the Fleur de lis ballroom and cannot even begin to describe how perfect the night went. When I was looking for a venue as soon as I met with Heather I knew my search was over! Literally, my search was... Read More over, I called and cancelled my other appointments that day because not only was it beautiful, Heather is an absolute wedding coordinator goddess! Heather obviously loves what she does and is the best at it as well, she made me feel so comfortable throughout the process I knew anything I needed she would take care of! I did not have a coordinator for the wedding as we had one at the church and then having Heather it really was not necessary for me. During the year of planning I would text or email Heather with a question or even asking for suggestions on vendors and she was always so quick to respond! Having the carriage house just steps away to get ready and then stay the night after the reception was perfect as well! The staff at the carriage house was amazing and took care of everything we needed! When we arrived to the City Club after our ceremony, Heather ushered our bridal party into a private room and had Hors d'oeuvres and drinks waiting for us while we waited for our entrance. Last but not least lets just talk about how amazing all of the food was, after we finished our dances and cutting the cake Heather brought us to a private room to eat while our buffet line opened up and it was absolutely perfect! My husband and I really enjoyed getting to have our first meal together and take a minute to have time to ourselves. I can honestly say every single thing we had on our buffet was delicious and almost every single one of our guests have mentioned the food was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! The entire night Heather checked on my husband and I making sure our drinks were filled and we were taken care of and at the end of the night she put to-go plates in our room at the carriage house for us to enjoy! (Sadly we did not even get to touch to the to-go plates that night because we were both still so full from our private dining at the beginning of the reception) I cannot say Thank you enough to Heather and the entire staff at the City Club for making our wedding absolutely perfect in every way!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kristen D

April 15, 2017 was the most absolute greatest day of my husband and I's life. The whole process with City Club has been amazing and we could not be any more happier. Up until the bridal suite to get ready in with my girls up to the wedding and reception- everything went so... Read More smoothly! My parents are very very pleased with how everything turned out as well! We received so many compliments about the wedding under the gazebo at City Club and reception in the Fluer De Lis Ballroom! If I had to do it all over again, I would pick City Club again without any doubt about it! Thank y'all so so much!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Jamie A

I just recently got married on 04/22/17 and everything was absolutely perfect!! Jennifer Foreman and Ashley Trahan were so easy to work with and went above and beyond. My ceremony was suppose to be in the Carriage House Courtyard, but unfortunately we had to move it inside due... Read More to the weather. I decided to have my ceremony in the Fluer De Leis ballroom where my reception was being held. Ashley made sure it was beautiful and texted me pictures along the way of her setting everything up. People that we talked to after said they thought it was suppose to be indoors all along and they thought it was beautiful! Everyone raved about the food, and the whole staff couldn't be anymore friendly. If you are looking for a venue where you can literally show up this is the place! Thank you Ashley & Jennifer for making our big day PERFECT!!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Chasity G

We had a wedding reception at City Club River Ranch on December 30, 2016 and it was absolutely AMAZING. To begin, I contacted Jennifer Foreman mid-October (2 ½ months prior to event) and told her what I was looking for. Also, told her I lived in Houston and needed to keep this... Read More event simple, but elegant. I met with Jennifer a few days later at the venue, we worked out a few details and she made it happen. I met Ashley Trahan who coordinated the event and the rest was history. From booking rooms at the Carriage House Hotel, to coordinating vendors, to ensuring we (and our parents) had food in our hotel rooms after the event, they thought of and handled everything. This is hands down the BEST wedding venue ever. Thank you so much Jennifer and Ashley for making our reception a night that we will never forget.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Sumaya E

Best place to have a wedding in Lafayette! The wedding coordinator, wedding planner, and staff are so friendly and helpful. I enjoyed working with them.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Brooke L

Truely the best!!! Everyone was so helpful and never once when I called to request something was it not taken care of. The courtyard was set up perfectly and the eleven hundred room was perfect for our 150 person reception. Every penny spent was well worth the service!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Susan K

Wedding/Reception, 5/28/16, City Club River Ranch. My daughter's wedding and reception were held in the River Ranch Gazebo and the Fleur de Lis ballroom, it was spectacular. Many thanks to the incredible Heather Stough who led us through the whole process. Any questions... Read More we had were answered immediately, any ideas we had, she made them happen. She coordinated everything and was there every step of the way even packing up our decor after the reception. She is made for this job and was a pure delight to work with. Every person we encountered at City Club bent over backwards to help us and always had a smile on their face. The food was outstanding and everyone we talked to said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding reception. The venue is gorgeous and it's just a complete first class place to have your wedding and/or reception.

Reviewed on 4/17/2016

I had the perfect wedding thanks to Heather Stough. She was so easy to work with and so nice! The staff and fleur de lis ballroom exceeded all my expectations. Everyone and everything was amazing and wonderful. I would recommend City Club to anyone looking for an amazing... Read More wedding experience!!!!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Hailey D

City Club at River Ranch is HANDS DOWN the BEST wedding venue EVER! We held our ceremony in the square out front and had the reception inside of the ballroom...all in one place! And the food was absolutely delicious! The coordinator, Heather Stough, was a rockstar. I seriously... Read More couldn't have done it without her! If you're looking for somewhere that has it all that comes with peace of mind (who doesn't need that one their wedding day!), then City Club at River Ranch is your place! Our wedding here was absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Becky W

Best wedding venue in the Lafayette area! My husband and I got married on February 13, 2016 in the Carriage House Courtyard and our reception was held in the Fluer de Lis Ballroom! Everything was perfect, thanks to our amazing catering manager, Mrs. Heather Stough. She's simply... Read More amazing, professional, attentive and very sweet person. She has a smile that will light up the room and personality that would make anyone feel comfortable around her. She made sure our day was perfect and stress free. I couldn't have ask for a better place to have my wedding. The food was delicious and my husband and I hand was never empty, she made sure I had my mimosas and he had his beer! Also, she had all my vendors contact information, I did not have to contact any of them except my photographer and videographer because Heather handled everything. If you are looking for a venue and someone that will meet your every, I definitely would suggest City Club and Mrs. Heather Stough!

Reviewed on 2/26/2016

On 1-16-2016 our daughter's Wedding Reception was held in the Fleur de lis Ballroom at the City Club. On our first visit to City Club we met Heather and the venue was beautiful. As a mother of the bride planning a wedding from North Carolina it was so nice having someone like... Read More Heather working with us. I called Heather over the year and she always called back with answers to our questions. On the big night she made sure the bride and groom were taken care of as well as us parents. The food was delicious and the service at the bars was great. Staying at the Carriage House was also a plus with a very short walk from City Club. I rented the bridal suite for Haley's and her bridal party to get ready and so happy we did. We also enjoyed taking a break at the health club which was nice. So happy that Haley and Jacques chose the City Club. It was just the perfect choice for our families and guests. Must say River Ranch had everything we needed within walking distance. Thanks so much to the staff and to such a wonderful Heather!! It was a wonderful reception!!!

Phenomenal venue

Reviewed on 11/19/2015

Everyone was so impressed with our venue. I may be the first bride to ever say nothing went wrong at my wedding, and I really believe it's because Heather--the wedding coordinator at City Club--handled everything to perfection. We are forever thankful!

City Club Ceremony and Reception.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Aimee E

Our wedding and ceremony at City Club River Ranch in Lafayette, LA was absolutely perfect. We could not have had a more perfect night. Everything we wanted came out exactly as we pictured it. Heather was incredible! She is a lifesaving ninja!!! Heather flawlessly coordinated our... Read More night without us even noticing and kept us stress free for the entire year of planning and for the night.

Great rehearsal dinner!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Lexy L

Catering Manager Heather Stough made the rehearsal dinner so easy for us. Since we were from out of state but hosted 58 people, she made everything run so smoothly! The food was absolutely delicious and the staff were very friendly and professional! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Lucille N

We had the absolute best experience with City Club. Every detail from beginning to end was taken care of from help finding the perfect vendors, picking the perfect menu, and making sure our night went perfectly. Before I knew I needed something, little Heather had it in hand!... Read More She was so thorough in her work and really made us feel like royalty. The entire staff was so helpful and friendly. The food was outstanding and we are still getting compliments on our Cajun style food. The Ballroom was breathtaking and looked amazing with all of our white and gold accents. Look no further than City Club!!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Brooke D

My husband and I got married in the Courtyard of Carriage House Suites and had our reception in the Fleur de Lis Ballroom of City Club. Our coordinator, Heather, made many many things completely seamless and easy transitions (because unless you previously were married, you don't... Read More know much about what goes into it all!). She provided help and checklists that were extremely beneficial to the planning process. Along the way, if you had any questions or requested help for potentially needing a florist, musician, etc, she easily had tried and true names handy. She knows what she's doing ladies ;) (or gentlemen). Everything was gorgeous and extremely well set up. It was so nice to not worry over anything the day of my wedding. Besides a small glitch with our pianist and sound, I virtually had no issues or complaints. The wedding party got dressed and ready the day of in a condo suite (girls were upstairs and boys were downstairs) of the hotel, which made it SUPER easy to have everyone in one place, but also for photographers and such to have easy access to everyone for pictures of getting ready, etc or if you or a member of your party need to walk to the reception hall next door. All the wheels in motion really came together, like I said they have done this many times before and know what they're doing, to provide quite the fairytale experience.

Wilbanks Wedding

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Katie W

First of all, Heather was amazing. Very helpful and on point with making sure the bride and groom are relaxed and focusing on their guests and the reception. The food was great and there was more than enough. The guests, bridal party, and everyone else involved were blown away... Read More by the reception room as well as the courtyard where the wedding was held. Hands down couldn't have asked for a better coordinator, location, or menu. 5 stars. 2 thumbs up. We would recommend City Club to anyone looking for a venue.

Stop Searching - Book at City Club!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Missy A

My husband and I were recently married and had our reception at City Club on October 3, 2015. Our experience here was absolutely perfect, and I wouldn't change a thing. Heather Norder Stough, the catering manager, was meant for this job. She always has a smile on her face... Read More and is so professional about what she does. Towards the end of our wedding, I was emailing her often, and she responded very quickly with an answer for all of my questions. She coordinated with our vendors and offered advice to ANY questions I had. Our actual wedding day flowed perfectly thanks to Heather. She does the hard part for you (and makes it look so easy!) My champagne glass was never empty at our reception, and she even packed my husband and I to-go boxes full of food and cake and brought it to our hotel room at the Carriage House, which was very appreciated. After working with Heather for the past year, I can truly understand why City Club has won "Best Of" for the past 5 years. Our wedding was held in front of the Town Square gazebo just as the sun was going down. The ceremony space requires very little decorating because it speaks for itself. There was no noise from any nearby businesses or passing cars, which was great. Our reception was held in the Fleur De Lis ballroom. It is absolutely gorgeous in there! With it's grey and white decor, it matches every bride's color scheme! FOOD.. Where do I begin?! City Club truly outdid themselves in this department. Our wedding guests are still raving about how delicious the food was. Many of them told us it was the best wedding food they have ever eaten. The staff was constantly replenishing the food and clearing empty plates and glasses off of the guest tables. Grits and grillades, praline chicken, and shrimp and tasso pasta were some of the MANY favorite items. All in all, I HIGHLY recommend booking City Club at River Ranch for your ceremony and/or reception. It was the best decision I made during the planning process, and I know other brides and grooms won't be disappointed either.

City Club River Ranch

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 mary s

Words can't express just how pleased and thankful I am to have chosen a venue and team that worked magic for me leading up to the biggest day in my life! My experience throughout planning my wedding was first class and to say that the staff bent over backwards to make sure we... Read More were happy is an understatement! My wedding coordinator, Heather Stough, was my little wedding fairy! She thought of everything and was truly a joy to work with! She made planning fun and most of all not stressful! I will be forever grateful to all of the staff at City Club at River Ranch for making my wedding day perfect!

Absolutley Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 TASHA R

I had a small very private wedding, about 75 people attending. I have had at least 75 compliments on our wedding. It went so smoothly and the venue and the food was absolutley amazing. Donovan Broussard and Heather Norder Stough were absolutley perfect. I could not have done... Read More this without the help of them and their wonderful staff! It was definitely a wedding to remember by every one who attended.

Pleased with the whole package

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Allison F

I wanted a wedding reception that was all-inclusive to minimize the amount of coordination needed on my part. I was also interested in a reception hall that that was large but manageable with a good lay out for crowd flow and dancing. My wish came true with City Club. Heather,... Read More the coordinator, was outstanding with answering any questions and accommodating my requests. She was very helpful with giving tips toward planning other aspects of my wedding day. Her services also include creating a time line and managing the reception's flow which was extremely helpful. The catering was fabulous and the service great. I have no regrets and would recommend it to anyone interested in a low stress, elegant reception. The set up of the building/menu offers many options for any type of budget. The City Club is exceptional all around.

City Club Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Ashton B

I had an amazing reception at City Club in Lafayette, Louisiana. The service was absolutely amazing! I highly recommend this venue to anyone that is getting married because it was a night that I will never forget!

My wedding day!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Marliska D

My wedding reception at City Club went off without a hitch!! Guest loved the ambiance and overall look of the venue! The food and service was also amazing!! Heather, the event coordinator was very helpful throughout my planning!! She responded to my emails and questions... Read More promptly. If you are a bride in the Lafayette area looking for a venue, City Club should be on your list!!