Romantic Garden Weddings for up to 135 Guests

Intimate. Elegant. Totally custom. Only minutes south of Nashville you will find an oasis of Southern charm and hospitality at CJ’s Off the Square. Located in the heart of historic downtown Franklin, TN, our historic house and garden are the perfect location for romantic garden weddings, rehearsal dinners and parties. Please contact CJ's Off the Square directly to check availability and to receive current pricing and package details.

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

218 3rd Ave North, Franklin, TN (615) 216-7576

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Samantha K

I just had my wedding at CJ's and I am still in awe of how wonderful it was. Do not waste your time looking around for other venues. CJ's Off The Square is absolutely perfect! You get 5 star service, the venue itself is gorgeous, and it's in a great location! I cannot say enough... Read More great things about CJ and Jennifer. The whole process was super easy and I was even an out of state bride!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Catherine S

If you are considering CJ’s Off the Square, look no further!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about the venue and especially the staff! CJ’s gave me the wedding of my dreams without breaking my budget. From the very beginning, we were beyond impressed. The venue is... Read More beautiful and the garden is breathtaking. You can customize the space, but even bare, it’s gorgeous and elegant. Planning was stress-free and fun with Jennifer, even though I was planning from afar. Every interaction with CJ’s was beyond five star worthy. Jennifer was professional, efficient and so caring. She really thought about every little detail. And it showed. Every single aspect of our wedding was just beyond our expectations. Our ceremony was perfectly organized, our food selection was delicious, DJ Aaron was so wonderful to work with (all of our guests raved about the music), our cake was lovely. I received so many compliments from our family and friends on literally everything, but especially about the beyond friendly and helpful planners and catering staff. I am so thankful to everyone at CJ’s for helping me painlessly plan and execute our perfect day!!! Working with CJ’s was by far the best and easiest decision we made in our planning process.

2017-06-01T11:41:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! All of us here at CJ's Off the Square just loved working with you from day one and cannot tell you how much it means to us to hear that you too loved your experience.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Ashley B

You're getting married! Your inbox is full of the "Top 10s" of all things wedding. Don't know what I'm talking about? You will. I'm going to add just one more. Here are the top 10 reasons you should go ahead a book your wedding with CJs Off The Square: 1. CJ. She's magic. A... Read More wedding wizard, and the kind of person you want standing nearby during the wonderful, sometimes crazy and anxiety inducing process of wedding planning. 2. You get a planner! For the whole process. Included with the standard package. Our's was the magnificent Jennifer Rhem. No need for those bulky wedding planning binders! Jennifer helped with all it: colors, design details, contacting vendors, running rehearsals, keeping our schedules--for brevity's sake I'll stop, but trust me--you name it, she's taking care of it. 3. It's ALL-inclusive. The standard package includes everything you need for a beautiful wedding: catering, tables/linens/cutlery (with more than enough color/design options to choose from) a talented DJ, bartender, wedding cake (yep, cake--included!), bride's room, man cave, lighting, sound....There are plenty of upgrade options, but definitely not necessary. 4. The house and garden are stunning. The pictures on the website are great, but nothing can do the space justice. It's gorgeous. Flowers and greenery galore. Elegant, comfortable. Charming on its own, and raw enough to add your own touches if you'd like. 5. BYOB. Bring what you need the evening before the wedding to the bartender, he and the staff do all the serving, you take home what your guest don't consume. No minimums or extra charges. This was perfect for us as my husband and I don't drink, but half of our family does. No per-head charges saved us $$. 6. They know all the best vendors in the area and everyone loves working with them! Their list are ready for all of your wedding detail needs: florists, make-up artists, photographers, transportation, etc. 7. Free valet parking for your guests. 8. Outdoor wedding with plenty of beautiful indoor options (just in case). 9. CJ, the planners, and staff have created a well-oiled machine. Everything is professional, organized and efficient. And somehow I felt so special: like I was the only person to ever have a wedding. 10. It's affordable (for a wedding). Make it work for you! They cover quick and small "elopements" to larger crowd weddings with lots of package options! PS. Clearly, I'm enthusiastic about my experience and can't say enough good things. If you want to ask more questions of someone who's had the CJ Off the Square experience, email CJ and ask for my email address (Ashley Miller) let's chat it out.

2016-10-13T21:28:43 Response from the vendor

BEST REVIEW EVER!!!! Thanks Ashley! We really appreciate you taking the time to share this and are just so honored to have been a part of such a special time in your life. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other brides. Big... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Olivia E

Holly and the entire team at CJ's were AMAZING! I'm so glad we were able to go with this venue. They always were happy to answer all of our questions, address any concerns we had, give endless recommendations for other vendors, and everything else. I highly recommend going with... Read More this venue!!

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Olivia E

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Cherith E

Having our wedding at CJs off the Square was a wonderful experience from our first meeting to the sparkler send off. The service was friendly and efficient, the food was delicious, and the venue was beautiful and a great canvas to make my own. We worked closely with Holly... Read More through the planning process and we were thrilled that she, herself, was also there for the whole event to ensure that everything happened like we had discussed. She was extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and made the planning process quite enjoyable. We wanted some things to be different than the ‘norm’ (timeline, locations, dining options, and so forth), Holly and the team handled it with ease. Everything was lovely and my guests raved about the location, the food, and how it went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in Nashville!! From someone who used to work in the wedding industry, I can confidently say that they know how to make each and every event special.

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 AJ N

My wife Maraysa and I got married on 10/19/17 and it couldn’t have been more perfect. Holly is the best wedding coordinator we could have ever asked for and she takes great pride in her work. We highly recommend CJ’s Off the Square and Holly is the best in the biz!

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Stephanie P

We could not have had a more perfect wedding! CJ's Off the Square is absolutely perfect and helps make the process so fun and easy. Our planner Holly was wonderful and so thoughtful. Everything was great and all our friends said it was the best wedding they had every been to.... Read More From the reception to the food to the sparkler exit, it was the best day of our lives! Thank you CJ's and thank you so much Holly! This is a memory we will never forget!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Danielle A

The team at CJ’s off the Square is unbeatable! They take every wish and make it reality. Being a destination bride was easy because Holly and her team had my back. I never felt ignored or desperate for information — if anything I felt like I was holding them back! The day was... Read More perfect and I can’t thank them enough — seriously stop looking and book your wedding with them today!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Nathan P

You cannot beat this venue. My husband and I got married at CJ's earlier this month and I would live the whole process over again ten more times if I could. They take care of every detail, making the entire planning process and day of completely stress free. Our planner... Read More (Jennifer) was there for us every step of the way and was always willing to answer any questions we had, or accommodate any request - like scheduling multiple tours of the venue when parents visited from out of town. Our guests raved about the menu we selected, which was important to us as "foodies", and they were super accommodating about special diet requests. I've never been to a wedding that so easily accommodated gluten free, vegetarian, and even vegan guests. The DJ provided was so much fun and had everyone on the dance floor all night long. Our cake was gorgeous - and delicious. And they even mail your marriage license in for you the next day, taking one more thing off your plate. Highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Jenna W

Our wedding day was absolutely GORGEOUS! I️ was so impressed with the venue, the decor, the food and CAKE(!), the organization, and, of course, our wedding coordinator, Jennifer, was on top of her game. The timeline was realistic, and well enforced. We felt so special, and I️... Read More can’t say enough good things about how magical the whole event felt. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Natalie C

CJ’s Off the Square helped us put on the wedding of our dreams. Jennifer and Holly are extremely professional and organized, and made our vision come to life. Planning a wedding can be a very stressful process, but the wonderful thing about the all-inclusive nature of CJ’s is... Read More that you get to have all of the fun picking things out and making creative decisions, and then CJ’s does the hard work of making it happen! As a busy, dual-career couple living outside of Tennessee, this was a lifesaver for us. We had a small, weekday wedding (the petite package) and it was so intimate and special. Even though the garden can accommodate much larger weddings, the space was set up in a way that felt perfectly tailored to our 40-person group. Everything was a dream, from the gorgeous garden, to the creative tablescapes, to the delicious food and signature cocktail. There is truly not a single thing I would have changed about our day. Highly highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Sara N

As soon as I saw that beautiful garden during our first tour, I knew CJ's would be the setting for our dream wedding! Holly was the best, helping us plan every detail from the beginning. I was so grateful for her during the whole planning process, as she made it very stress... Read More free. If anything went wrong during the wedding day, I would have no idea! My now husband and I, and both our families had a blast dancing to music played by our dj Jason, we didn't want the night to end! If you're looking for a beautiful, all inclusive, stress free wedding day, then I highly recommend CJ's Off The Square, and Holly!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Alyssa K

I just very recently got married at CJ's, and they met every single expectation I had and more! Just viewing their website I knew my wedding was meant to be there, but when I went to physically look at the venue I was in even more awe. I was hoping for a stress-free planning... Read More process for my wedding, and most people laughed when I made that comment. However, throughout the year of planning people would ask if I was stressed, and every time my response was "no." The reason I was able to say that was because Jennifer (my planner) and all of the staff at CJ's made the whole process as easy as it could possibly be for us. I am so thankful for Jennifer, and everyone who helped bring my dreams to reality! It's obvious just by looking at pictures how beautiful this venue is, but if you want that and a truly simplistic wedding planning process, CJ's is the place for you!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Lesley N

Holly did a great job of coordinating with the key family members involved in the planning process (bride, groom, mother of the bride, mother of the groom). Everyone felt like they had a part in the planning process even if they did not live in Nashville thanks to Holly's... Read More flexibility and professionalism. It was a great day at a great venue where we made memories we will cherish forever!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Vixie S

I can't say enough good things about CJ's! My husband and I were married there last month and our wedding was an absolute dream come true thanks to the CJ's staff and Jennifer our wedding planner! They thought of EVERY little detail so wedding day was relaxed and stress-free.... Read More The venue is breathtaking, the food wonderful and the staff is so kind and thoughtful. My overall experience was phenomenal and if I had to do it again, I'd pick CJ's in a heartbeat. Look no further than CJ's for your best day ever!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Sidney W

We just had our wedding and reception at CJ's over Labor Day weekend. I can not rave more about the ENTIRE experience! We live in Ohio so Nashville was a "destination" for our guests. Jennifer Rhem, our wedding coordinator along with CJ made us feel completely at home when we... Read More first visited, kept in communication throughout the entire planning process, even states away, helped with everything imaginable at our rehearsal, and were my fairy godmothers the day of our wedding! We planned for about a year and a half and the communication, information, and support we got from Jennifer and ALL their preferred vendors we chose was beyond incredible! The whole entire staff was perfect- we felt so at home and we miss our meetings and check-ins from planning already! We did not have to think about ANYTHING on the wedding day except each other! Jennifer and CJ kept the decor a surprise for me until right before the guys were to arrive- when I walked out to see how it came together I felt like I was dreaming- the ENTIRE venue was put together even more beautiful than I had pictured in my head my whole life. You grow up imagining what your dream day will look like and CJ's pulled it all together and then some! It was like they took what I envisioned and blew it up times a thousand! My parents did not have to do a single thing on our wedding day also but ENJOY! People are still raving about the decor, the flowers, the DJ, the food, the cake, just the venue in itself, and how AMAZING everyone was that helped to make our day such a dream! We can not thank the CJ's staff enough for all they have done! We had several places to check out for our venue and we're so thankful CJ's ended up being the first and last! You will love your experience! They really get to know you and make your day all it's meant to be and more!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Debi P

My daughter got married here three weeks ago and I can't stop talking about CJ's off the Square! Our wedding coordinator Jennifer Rhem made the entire expirence flawless and fun! The venue is beautiful and the staff are amazing! Photos do not do this place justice! CJ and... Read More Jennifer, the Agresti Wedding loved you!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Natoyia A

What can I say about Cj's and this absolutely beautiful garden venue besides if you have not found a venue then LOOK NO FURTHER! I could not have imagined a more beautiful venue to host our amazing day! From the moment we first met Holly till the day of our wedding she was... Read More AMAZING! Between myself and my now wife you probably couldn't get many people with a busier schedule then us. Holly took on the challenge of not only two brides but two very busy brides and kept us in line throughout the entire wedding planning process. She made sure we kept to our schedules and she often had to remind us when to meet deadlines. We both totally miss her and her planning skills already. She was our wedding angel. I've never met someone so perfect for a job as she is for wedding planning! She was able to turn all our visions and dreams into reality! Cj's off the square had it all including vendor recommendations, ideas, you name it they had it. Never could we have imagined that our wedding day would be so beautiful and perfect. There is nothing in this world that we would have changed. Thank you Holly and Cj's staff for making the dreams of our wedding a reality.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Rebecca C

We could not recommend CJ's highly enough! We chose to have a destination wedding and were initially a bit nervous about choosing a venue without actually seeing it in person first but we Skyped with CJ who put all of our apprehensions at ease. The pictures online are amazing... Read More but when you see it in person it's even better! (Which is lucky since we opted to only see the venue in person the DAY BEFORE our wedding). Jennifer was our wedding planner and she was the best! We definitely couldn't have done it without her. She helped us with everything from compiling a list of local vendors to helping us hand pick our table settings over Skype. Even though I'm sure she had many other couples to deal with at the same time she consistently made us feel like a priority and was quick to respond whenever we had any questions. Overall our wedding at CJ's was everything we had hoped for and more. Our guests still can't stop talking about how stunning the venue was and how amazing and attentive all of the staff were. We really can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jessica J

I can not thank Jennifer and everyone at CJs Off The Square enough for the wonderful work and beautiful experience they made for us. Everyone went above and beyond to help make our wedding the perfect memory, and succeeded beyond all expectations. Thank you so much for... Read More everything and I hope every couple has the same beautiful experience.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Samantha C

CJ and Jennifer made this day more incredible than we could have imagined. Not only did they make our wedding day amazing, but their approach to wedding planning made our engagement time so memorable and special. This venue is spectacular. The intimate space was exactly what we... Read More wanted and was something so unique and individual. Jennifer helped us envision and create a magical space which made the day itself feel like an absolute dream. I was not stressed about a SINGLE thing throughout the process OR the day. I truly enjoyed every single moment and didn't miss out on anything. Jennifer and the team were handling everything behind the scenes, so my husband and I were able to soak in our guests and the joy that was our wedding and reception. I cannot recommend CJ's Off The Square enough. They balance professionalism with compassion, and you can tell how much passion they have for making your day the best day of your life. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Christie B

CJ's Off the Square is absolutely amazing! The Garden is breathtaking and our Planner, Holly ensured all of our plans were flawless. The staff and experience couldn't have been any better. I would recommend this venue above all the others!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Molly C

CJ's was amazing! We sat down with CJ at our first meeting. We had looked around at a few places where we had to do more of the coordinating...so when she said their goal was to help us feel like guests at our own wedding, we were sold! It is such a quaint, elegant, and cozy... Read More location and they are so good at the details! We worked with Holly as our wedding coordinator and she was also wonderful. She very much helped us tailor it to what we wanted and was so easy to work with. The day of the wedding she had everything organized down to the minute and worked so well with the wedding party, other vendors, and family! We are so grateful for such an amazing day! Highly recommended

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Jessica B

CJs off the Square is the PERFECT venue. My now husband and I live out of state and were looking for a venue that would be all inclusive and offer assistance with planning and coordination. Look no further! We contacted CJ and scheduled an appointment to tour the location and... Read More were sold - we didn't even continue our search. Jennifer was our planner and she was phenomenal. The staff made our planning process easy and efficient. They worked with us to consolidate our planning meetings since we were traveling in from out of state. They were always prepared, professional, and easy going. Our wedding day was the best day of our lives. I could not recommend CJs off the Square or Jennifer more highly! I would do it all again in a heartbeat if I could!

CJ Dickson

Originally from Southern California, CJ Dickson has called Tennessee home since 1999. After an exciting career in the music business, she created the event venue CJ's Off the Square in 2004. She has since fallen in love with weddings and is passionate about giving her clients an amazing planning experience and a beautiful, stress free wedding day. CJ lives in Franklin, TN with her husband Andrew and two fur babies, Willoughby and Tara.