Romantic Garden Weddings for up to 135 Guests

Intimate and all-inclusive garden weddings and receptions are our specialty. Only minutes south of Nashville you will find an oasis of Southern charm and hospitality at CJ’s Off the Square. Located in the heart of historic downtown Franklin, TN, our historic house and garden are the perfect location for romantic garden weddings, rehearsal dinners and parties. Please contact CJ's Off the Square directly to check availability and to receive current pricing and package details.

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

218 3rd Ave North, Franklin, TN (615) 216-7576

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Samantha K

I just had my wedding at CJ's and I am still in awe of how wonderful it was. Do not waste your time looking around for other venues. CJ's Off The Square is absolutely perfect! You get 5 star service, the venue itself is gorgeous, and it's in a great location! I cannot say enough... Read More great things about CJ and Jennifer. The whole process was super easy and I was even an out of state bride!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Catherine S

If you are considering CJ’s Off the Square, look no further!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about the venue and especially the staff! CJ’s gave me the wedding of my dreams without breaking my budget. From the very beginning, we were beyond impressed. The venue is... Read More beautiful and the garden is breathtaking. You can customize the space, but even bare, it’s gorgeous and elegant. Planning was stress-free and fun with Jennifer, even though I was planning from afar. Every interaction with CJ’s was beyond five star worthy. Jennifer was professional, efficient and so caring. She really thought about every little detail. And it showed. Every single aspect of our wedding was just beyond our expectations. Our ceremony was perfectly organized, our food selection was delicious, DJ Aaron was so wonderful to work with (all of our guests raved about the music), our cake was lovely. I received so many compliments from our family and friends on literally everything, but especially about the beyond friendly and helpful planners and catering staff. I am so thankful to everyone at CJ’s for helping me painlessly plan and execute our perfect day!!! Working with CJ’s was by far the best and easiest decision we made in our planning process.

2017-06-01T11:41:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! All of us here at CJ's Off the Square just loved working with you from day one and cannot tell you how much it means to us to hear that you too loved your experience.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Ashley B

You're getting married! Your inbox is full of the "Top 10s" of all things wedding. Don't know what I'm talking about? You will. I'm going to add just one more. Here are the top 10 reasons you should go ahead a book your wedding with CJs Off The Square: 1. CJ. She's magic. A... Read More wedding wizard, and the kind of person you want standing nearby during the wonderful, sometimes crazy and anxiety inducing process of wedding planning. 2. You get a planner! For the whole process. Included with the standard package. Our's was the magnificent Jennifer Rhem. No need for those bulky wedding planning binders! Jennifer helped with all it: colors, design details, contacting vendors, running rehearsals, keeping our schedules--for brevity's sake I'll stop, but trust me--you name it, she's taking care of it. 3. It's ALL-inclusive. The standard package includes everything you need for a beautiful wedding: catering, tables/linens/cutlery (with more than enough color/design options to choose from) a talented DJ, bartender, wedding cake (yep, cake--included!), bride's room, man cave, lighting, sound....There are plenty of upgrade options, but definitely not necessary. 4. The house and garden are stunning. The pictures on the website are great, but nothing can do the space justice. It's gorgeous. Flowers and greenery galore. Elegant, comfortable. Charming on its own, and raw enough to add your own touches if you'd like. 5. BYOB. Bring what you need the evening before the wedding to the bartender, he and the staff do all the serving, you take home what your guest don't consume. No minimums or extra charges. This was perfect for us as my husband and I don't drink, but half of our family does. No per-head charges saved us $$. 6. They know all the best vendors in the area and everyone loves working with them! Their list are ready for all of your wedding detail needs: florists, make-up artists, photographers, transportation, etc. 7. Free valet parking for your guests. 8. Outdoor wedding with plenty of beautiful indoor options (just in case). 9. CJ, the planners, and staff have created a well-oiled machine. Everything is professional, organized and efficient. And somehow I felt so special: like I was the only person to ever have a wedding. 10. It's affordable (for a wedding). Make it work for you! They cover quick and small "elopements" to larger crowd weddings with lots of package options! PS. Clearly, I'm enthusiastic about my experience and can't say enough good things. If you want to ask more questions of someone who's had the CJ Off the Square experience, email CJ and ask for my email address (Ashley Miller) let's chat it out.

2016-10-13T21:28:43 Response from the vendor

BEST REVIEW EVER!!!! Thanks Ashley! We really appreciate you taking the time to share this and are just so honored to have been a part of such a special time in your life. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other brides. Big... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jessica J

I can not thank Jennifer and everyone at CJs Off The Square enough for the wonderful work and beautiful experience they made for us. Everyone went above and beyond to help make our wedding the perfect memory, and succeeded beyond all expectations. Thank you so much for... Read More everything and I hope every couple has the same beautiful experience.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Samantha C

CJ and Jennifer made this day more incredible than we could have imagined. Not only did they make our wedding day amazing, but their approach to wedding planning made our engagement time so memorable and special. This venue is spectacular. The intimate space was exactly what we... Read More wanted and was something so unique and individual. Jennifer helped us envision and create a magical space which made the day itself feel like an absolute dream. I was not stressed about a SINGLE thing throughout the process OR the day. I truly enjoyed every single moment and didn't miss out on anything. Jennifer and the team were handling everything behind the scenes, so my husband and I were able to soak in our guests and the joy that was our wedding and reception. I cannot recommend CJ's Off The Square enough. They balance professionalism with compassion, and you can tell how much passion they have for making your day the best day of your life. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Jessica B

CJs off the Square is the PERFECT venue. My now husband and I live out of state and were looking for a venue that would be all inclusive and offer assistance with planning and coordination. Look no further! We contacted CJ and scheduled an appointment to tour the location and... Read More were sold - we didn't even continue our search. Jennifer was our planner and she was phenomenal. The staff made our planning process easy and efficient. They worked with us to consolidate our planning meetings since we were traveling in from out of state. They were always prepared, professional, and easy going. Our wedding day was the best day of our lives. I could not recommend CJs off the Square or Jennifer more highly! I would do it all again in a heartbeat if I could!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Heather H

Just got married on 5/20.17 and CJ's Off the Square was our reception venue! The whole planning process was amazing! As a type A planner myself, I always knew what was going to be discussed next and what was due when! Our coordinator Jennifer was AMAZING TOO! The service at CJ's... Read More was 5 star and the food and cake AMAZING too! If we could do it all over again we would definitely go back to CJ's Off the Square!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Ashley G

Just got married on April 10, 2017! My husband and I can not say enough wonderful things about CJ's Off The Square & staff!! From our first walk-through with CJ to the bride & groom send-off, everything was perfect! CJ's was the first and only venue we looked at. Crazy, right?!... Read More I fell in love with it online and after our initial tour, my husband felt the same way. This venue was us. We just couldn't see ourselves marrying anywhere else. Bride's generally stress out while planning a wedding...not me. CJ & Jennifer took such great care of us and made the whole process a lot of fun! I had the best wedding planning experience EVER! And on the day of our wedding, Jennifer and staff made everything look so amazing and beautiful. Our friends and our family were so amazed - I think we'll be hearing compliments from them for years to come. My husband and I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful or perfect day. CJ's staff took care of us - we ate, we danced, we had zero issues. Looking back on it, I have zero regrets. I wouldn't change one single thing. Thank you CJ and Jennifer for making our dream wedding a reality! I am recommending this venue to everyone I know! I will forever cherish this experience!

2017-06-01T11:36:29 Response from the vendor

You so so very very welcome! Thank YOU for trusting us with such a special day. It was truly a pleasure working with you guys! Big hugs from all of us here at CJ's Off the Square!!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Brittany D

CJ's was absolutely fantastic and such a dream to work with! The space itself is gorgeous and is perfect for smaller, more intimate weddings. I loved that we were able to completely customize the space and designs to fit our style for a truly custom, unique wedding. Jennifer was... Read More wonderful to work with from start to finish. She kept us on task and I didn't have to worry about a thing on the day of, because she was on top of everything! She was also great about providing recommendations for photographers and other vendors we needed. CJ herself was also amazing to work with and was coming up with beautiful, special touches even on the day of our wedding. I cannot say enough good things about the team at CJ's or our wedding. Our guests are raving about the venue and the entire evening!

2017-06-01T11:38:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing such kind words. It means so much to us to know you were so pleased with everything and that your guests enjoyed themselves. Everything did look so lovely on the big day and working with you was a delight.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Emily M

CJ's Off the Square was an amazing venue! We planned our wedding in 100 days and our wedding planner, Holly was a huge help and did an awesome job. The wedding day was truly a dream and I am thankful for all of the hard work and professionalism from the staff at CJ's!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Gloria T

“We received so many compliments on the wedding from all our guests. They loved the venue location, the venue atmosphere, the valet, how smoothly and efficiently the entire evening went. Aaron, the DJ was so funny and personable and everyone LOVED the food and cakes. Jordan... Read More made the right choice when she chose CJ's. Thank you all so much for making the day so special!!!!”

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Gloria T

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Mia L

Cj's is perfect! There's no other way to say it. My husband and I got married November 5th, and it was everything we could ask for and more. The venue is gorgeous, no matter the time of year, and it's so easy to make the space your own. Jennifer does an absolutely amazing job... Read More planning all of the details and making sure everything goes smoothly the day of. We were able to enjoy the whole day without a single worry. We really could not be happier with our decision!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Megan P

Jennifer R. was awesome to work with. She was super available and advised us on all things wedding. We had no idea where to start! Her advice and vendor recommendations were absolutely perfect. If you want complete confidence on your wedding day and want to be able to show up... Read More and enjoy every minute because she has thought about EVERYTHING-this is your girl. And the venue speaks for itself-it's the most beautiful, perfect spot for an intimate wedding. My friends and family are still talking about it!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kara T

After our first meeting with CJ's I knew I didn't need to look any further. Jennifer helped make my dream wedding a reality and honestly it ended up being better than I had imagined. I've been through the planning process with several friends and it's very clear that I got to... Read More enjoy planning more because CJ's took all of the stressful details out of it. There was no need to waste time meeting with a ton of vendors because what they didn't provide they were able to give me a recommendation for. Each vendor they recommended exceeded every expectation I had. Ralph Griggs did a phenomenal job with our ceremony. Even the groomsmen were shedding a few tears. All of our friends can't stop talking about how great Jason Middleton was as the DJ. The dance floor stayed full from the first song until the last. The Enchanted Florist did such a beautiful job that I cried as soon as I walked out to see the flowers. The staff at CJ's went above and beyond as well. A couple of the girls on the wait staff were so kind to help fix my bustle when it broke. Having our wedding at CJ's allowed me to enjoy every moment of our perfect Wedding Day. I could go on and on but I honestly to understand you just need to experience it for yourself!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Halley H

CJ's off the Square was the absolute BEST decision we made in our wedding planning process! Our wedding was exactly what we envisioned thanks to the fantastic team at CJ's! At first I was not in love with the idea of having to use their vendors, but it turned out to be a dream... Read More come true. Not only did it make the planning process so easy (because we didn't have to google where to rent tables ha ha), but the vendors are top notch! By signing up with CJ's you get access to the best! The Enchanted Florist did a phenomenal job on our flowers. Wolfe Gourmet Cakes knocked it out of the park. McConnell Hospitality group aced our breakfast for dinner menu. The list goes on! I would without a doubt recommend CJ's off the Square!”

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Elina L

Just got married at CJ's on 9/10/16! It was the absolute best day! My guests were complimenting the venue, how beautiful it was, the food, the music...EVERYTHING!! Even the rain made it more perfect! I 1000% recommend CJ and Jennifer! Beyond amazing and so fun to work with!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016

“I work a full-time job plus another part time job. Wedding planning in itself I heard could be another part-time job. I was overwhelmed getting started but once I found CJ's off the Square my anxiety changed to enthusiasm and excitement. CJ and staff took the stress and time... Read More out of planning. It was truly a spectacular day that I wouldn't change for the world. Guests even said that it was the best wedding they've been to. For a stress-free planning process that minimize the need to seek out additional vendors, for a romantic and beautiful southern garden venue, and for a day that will truly be magical (I know that is cheesy but I am a changed cynic when it comes to weddings now) PICK CJ's. You won't be disappointed. Also, I never write reviews because I don't like to waste the time but this place is truly exceptional. Thank you so much CJ, Jennifer, and the rest of your amazing staff. A++”

2016-09-18T11:44:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much for sharing your experience! Your kind words mean so much to us and are a great reminder of why we do what we do. It means a lot!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Mandy P

CJs Off the Square was the perfect venue for my husband and I. The venue itself is beautiful. From the house to the garden, it has such charm and elegance. I was blown away by the professionalism of CJ and her staff. Jennifer Rhem was our wedding planner and she was great!... Read More From the first meeting she made us feel so comfortable. CJ and her staff were always willing to help whenever I had a question or just needed some advice! All of our guests raved about this venue and how beautiful it was. Thank you CJs for an unforgettable day!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Lane B

CJ's Off the Square made everything so easy. It was a destination wedding for us and everything was simple. So many things were included in the package, we only had a hire a couple additional vendors and Jennifer Rhem provided lots of recommendations. Jennifer responded to all... Read More my questions and made any changes I wanted. I was always excited for our meetings and planning. The wedding day went perfect. From the bridal suite to ceremony and reception, I wasn't worried about anything. Jennifer was ready to hand us a drink after all the pictures and before they announced us, so we had a minute of quiet time. They also brought my husband and I a plate of food when they opened the buffet, so we had time to eat. I received so many compliments on the food and the level of service. The DJ was fantastic. It was close to 100 degrees outside and the dance floor was full the entire night. I would highly recommend CJ's to anyone looking for a beautiful intimate wedding or party.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

CJ 's team delivered a lovely event for our rehearsal dinner. They made the planning and set up so easy, and CJ was there throughout the evening to be sure things were going smoothly. The food was delicious, the staff displayed attentive, customer-focused service, and through... Read More their efforts, I had the chance to relax and enjoy my son & his bride's special evening! Thank you everyone!

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 samantha b

We recently got married at CJ's off the square and it was absolutely perfect. When we went to visit the venue I fell in love with it. Not only was the venue gorgeous but the staff was amazing. Both CJ and Jennifer were amazing with helping me plan my big day till the very end. I... Read More was completely stress free the day of the wedding because all I had to do was just show up. They did all the work for me. I wouldn't have gone anywhere else. Loved it!!

Our wedding at CJ's was a dream come true!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Lauren D

A month or so after getting engaged I started researching venues, vendors, and wedding planners in the greater Nashville area. After about two weeks of researching I became pretty overwhelmed with all of the pieces I needed to put together to make this shindig happen! After... Read More stumbling across the CJ’s website, I instantly fell in love with the photos of the venue. We quickly made an appointment and met CJ for our tour. CJ was very sweet and answered all of our questions. We fell even more in love with the venue and knew it was the perfect place for us! From there we met our wedding planner Jennifer, who is absolutely incredible! My husband says I am the most detail oriented/OCD person ever created, so thank you Jennifer for making sure our wedding was absolutely perfect. The planning meetings leading up to our wedding were very helpful, as we were able to pick out exactly what we wanted, from food and place settings to floral arrangements. Adding our own personal decor items was not a problem at all either. Jennifer was always available to answer any and all questions as well as to ease any concerns allowing me to wake up the morning of the big day stress-free. Our ceremony was intimate and serene, our flowers, decor, and place settings were exactly what we envisioned- and they were incredibly gorgeous. Our dinner was delicious and the serving staff were very professional and kind. Our DJ kept the party going all night long. So many friends and family commented on how the evening flowed perfectly! It truly was the best day of my life and I am so thankful to the CJ’s team for creating the perfect wedding for us!

Amazing Venue and Staff

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Bailey P

Jennifer and CJ did an amazing job planning and facilitating my wedding! I couldn't of asked for a more beautiful ceremony and the whole evening was flawless. I can not say enough great things about their services and recommend the venue to anyone who wants an intimate... Read More wedding.

Exceptional Venue and Staff!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Erin V

There is not enough amazing things I can say about CJ, her staff, and her venue! Planning a wedding was fun and stress-free, thanks to CJ! She helped me stay on top of everything and was there with all my questions along the way. Every person she referred me to was also... Read More excpetional and wonderful to work with as well. On the day of my wedding, I had nothing to worry, I knew CJ was going to meet and exceed all expectations, and she did! I was not stressed and the day flew by without a flaw! She stayed the entire night, made sure my husband and I actually got to eat the delicious dinner and was there to make sure everything went as planned! The DJ, Jason, was absolultely amazing! He had everyone on the dance floor the entire night, and he knew how to keep the flow of songs going to make sure everyone had a good time! The caterer was amazing, and the food was delicious! I cannot say enough amazing things about CJ! I would highly recommend her to any bride planning a wedding, you will not regret it!! You will have the wedding of your dreams and you yourself will just get to enjoy the day knowing CJ is there taking care of everything! Every one of my guests had an absolute blast and said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! I am so thankful I had the opportunity to have my wedding at CJ's Off the Square and was able to actually enjoy and relax on my wedding day!

CJ Dickson

Originally from Southern California, CJ Dickson has called Tennessee home since 1999. After an exciting career in the music business, she created the event venue CJ's Off the Square in 2004. She has since fallen in love with weddings and is passionate about giving her clients an amazing planning experience and a beautiful, stress free wedding day. CJ lives in Franklin, TN with her husband Andrew and two fur babies, Willoughby and Tara.