Romantic Garden Weddings for up to 135 Guests

Intimate and all-inclusive garden weddings and receptions are our specialty. Only minutes south of Nashville you will find an oasis of Southern charm and hospitality at CJ’s Off the Square. Located in the heart of historic downtown Franklin, TN, our historic house and garden are the perfect location for romantic garden weddings, rehearsal dinners and parties. Please contact CJ's Off the Square directly to check availability and to receive current pricing and package details.

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

218 3rd Ave North, Franklin, TN (615) 216-7576

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Samantha K

I just had my wedding at CJ's and I am still in awe of how wonderful it was. Do not waste your time looking around for other venues. CJ's Off The Square is absolutely perfect! You get 5 star service, the venue itself is gorgeous, and it's in a great location! I cannot say enough... Read More great things about CJ and Jennifer. The whole process was super easy and I was even an out of state bride!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Catherine S

If you are considering CJ’s Off the Square, look no further!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about the venue and especially the staff! CJ’s gave me the wedding of my dreams without breaking my budget. From the very beginning, we were beyond impressed. The venue is... Read More beautiful and the garden is breathtaking. You can customize the space, but even bare, it’s gorgeous and elegant. Planning was stress-free and fun with Jennifer, even though I was planning from afar. Every interaction with CJ’s was beyond five star worthy. Jennifer was professional, efficient and so caring. She really thought about every little detail. And it showed. Every single aspect of our wedding was just beyond our expectations. Our ceremony was perfectly organized, our food selection was delicious, DJ Aaron was so wonderful to work with (all of our guests raved about the music), our cake was lovely. I received so many compliments from our family and friends on literally everything, but especially about the beyond friendly and helpful planners and catering staff. I am so thankful to everyone at CJ’s for helping me painlessly plan and execute our perfect day!!! Working with CJ’s was by far the best and easiest decision we made in our planning process.

2017-06-01T11:41:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! All of us here at CJ's Off the Square just loved working with you from day one and cannot tell you how much it means to us to hear that you too loved your experience.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Ashley B

You're getting married! Your inbox is full of the "Top 10s" of all things wedding. Don't know what I'm talking about? You will. I'm going to add just one more. Here are the top 10 reasons you should go ahead a book your wedding with CJs Off The Square: 1. CJ. She's magic. A... Read More wedding wizard, and the kind of person you want standing nearby during the wonderful, sometimes crazy and anxiety inducing process of wedding planning. 2. You get a planner! For the whole process. Included with the standard package. Our's was the magnificent Jennifer Rhem. No need for those bulky wedding planning binders! Jennifer helped with all it: colors, design details, contacting vendors, running rehearsals, keeping our schedules--for brevity's sake I'll stop, but trust me--you name it, she's taking care of it. 3. It's ALL-inclusive. The standard package includes everything you need for a beautiful wedding: catering, tables/linens/cutlery (with more than enough color/design options to choose from) a talented DJ, bartender, wedding cake (yep, cake--included!), bride's room, man cave, lighting, sound....There are plenty of upgrade options, but definitely not necessary. 4. The house and garden are stunning. The pictures on the website are great, but nothing can do the space justice. It's gorgeous. Flowers and greenery galore. Elegant, comfortable. Charming on its own, and raw enough to add your own touches if you'd like. 5. BYOB. Bring what you need the evening before the wedding to the bartender, he and the staff do all the serving, you take home what your guest don't consume. No minimums or extra charges. This was perfect for us as my husband and I don't drink, but half of our family does. No per-head charges saved us $$. 6. They know all the best vendors in the area and everyone loves working with them! Their list are ready for all of your wedding detail needs: florists, make-up artists, photographers, transportation, etc. 7. Free valet parking for your guests. 8. Outdoor wedding with plenty of beautiful indoor options (just in case). 9. CJ, the planners, and staff have created a well-oiled machine. Everything is professional, organized and efficient. And somehow I felt so special: like I was the only person to ever have a wedding. 10. It's affordable (for a wedding). Make it work for you! They cover quick and small "elopements" to larger crowd weddings with lots of package options! PS. Clearly, I'm enthusiastic about my experience and can't say enough good things. If you want to ask more questions of someone who's had the CJ Off the Square experience, email CJ and ask for my email address (Ashley Miller) let's chat it out.

2016-10-13T21:28:43 Response from the vendor

BEST REVIEW EVER!!!! Thanks Ashley! We really appreciate you taking the time to share this and are just so honored to have been a part of such a special time in your life. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other brides. Big... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Lesley N

Holly did a great job of coordinating with the key family members involved in the planning process (bride, groom, mother of the bride, mother of the groom). Everyone felt like they had a part in the planning process even if they did not live in Nashville thanks to Holly's... Read More flexibility and professionalism. It was a great day at a great venue where we made memories we will cherish forever!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Vixie S

I can't say enough good things about CJ's! My husband and I were married there last month and our wedding was an absolute dream come true thanks to the CJ's staff and Jennifer our wedding planner! They thought of EVERY little detail so wedding day was relaxed and stress-free.... Read More The venue is breathtaking, the food wonderful and the staff is so kind and thoughtful. My overall experience was phenomenal and if I had to do it again, I'd pick CJ's in a heartbeat. Look no further than CJ's for your best day ever!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Sidney W

We just had our wedding and reception at CJ's over Labor Day weekend. I can not rave more about the ENTIRE experience! We live in Ohio so Nashville was a "destination" for our guests. Jennifer Rhem, our wedding coordinator along with CJ made us feel completely at home when we... Read More first visited, kept in communication throughout the entire planning process, even states away, helped with everything imaginable at our rehearsal, and were my fairy godmothers the day of our wedding! We planned for about a year and a half and the communication, information, and support we got from Jennifer and ALL their preferred vendors we chose was beyond incredible! The whole entire staff was perfect- we felt so at home and we miss our meetings and check-ins from planning already! We did not have to think about ANYTHING on the wedding day except each other! Jennifer and CJ kept the decor a surprise for me until right before the guys were to arrive- when I walked out to see how it came together I felt like I was dreaming- the ENTIRE venue was put together even more beautiful than I had pictured in my head my whole life. You grow up imagining what your dream day will look like and CJ's pulled it all together and then some! It was like they took what I envisioned and blew it up times a thousand! My parents did not have to do a single thing on our wedding day also but ENJOY! People are still raving about the decor, the flowers, the DJ, the food, the cake, just the venue in itself, and how AMAZING everyone was that helped to make our day such a dream! We can not thank the CJ's staff enough for all they have done! We had several places to check out for our venue and we're so thankful CJ's ended up being the first and last! You will love your experience! They really get to know you and make your day all it's meant to be and more!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Debi P

My daughter got married here three weeks ago and I can't stop talking about CJ's off the Square! Our wedding coordinator Jennifer Rhem made the entire expirence flawless and fun! The venue is beautiful and the staff are amazing! Photos do not do this place justice! CJ and... Read More Jennifer, the Agresti Wedding loved you!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Natoyia A

What can I say about Cj's and this absolutely beautiful garden venue besides if you have not found a venue then LOOK NO FURTHER! I could not have imagined a more beautiful venue to host our amazing day! From the moment we first met Holly till the day of our wedding she was... Read More AMAZING! Between myself and my now wife you probably couldn't get many people with a busier schedule then us. Holly took on the challenge of not only two brides but two very busy brides and kept us in line throughout the entire wedding planning process. She made sure we kept to our schedules and she often had to remind us when to meet deadlines. We both totally miss her and her planning skills already. She was our wedding angel. I've never met someone so perfect for a job as she is for wedding planning! She was able to turn all our visions and dreams into reality! Cj's off the square had it all including vendor recommendations, ideas, you name it they had it. Never could we have imagined that our wedding day would be so beautiful and perfect. There is nothing in this world that we would have changed. Thank you Holly and Cj's staff for making the dreams of our wedding a reality.

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Rebecca C

We could not recommend CJ's highly enough! We chose to have a destination wedding and were initially a bit nervous about choosing a venue without actually seeing it in person first but we Skyped with CJ who put all of our apprehensions at ease. The pictures online are amazing... Read More but when you see it in person it's even better! (Which is lucky since we opted to only see the venue in person the DAY BEFORE our wedding). Jennifer was our wedding planner and she was the best! We definitely couldn't have done it without her. She helped us with everything from compiling a list of local vendors to helping us hand pick our table settings over Skype. Even though I'm sure she had many other couples to deal with at the same time she consistently made us feel like a priority and was quick to respond whenever we had any questions. Overall our wedding at CJ's was everything we had hoped for and more. Our guests still can't stop talking about how stunning the venue was and how amazing and attentive all of the staff were. We really can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jessica J

I can not thank Jennifer and everyone at CJs Off The Square enough for the wonderful work and beautiful experience they made for us. Everyone went above and beyond to help make our wedding the perfect memory, and succeeded beyond all expectations. Thank you so much for... Read More everything and I hope every couple has the same beautiful experience.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Samantha C

CJ and Jennifer made this day more incredible than we could have imagined. Not only did they make our wedding day amazing, but their approach to wedding planning made our engagement time so memorable and special. This venue is spectacular. The intimate space was exactly what we... Read More wanted and was something so unique and individual. Jennifer helped us envision and create a magical space which made the day itself feel like an absolute dream. I was not stressed about a SINGLE thing throughout the process OR the day. I truly enjoyed every single moment and didn't miss out on anything. Jennifer and the team were handling everything behind the scenes, so my husband and I were able to soak in our guests and the joy that was our wedding and reception. I cannot recommend CJ's Off The Square enough. They balance professionalism with compassion, and you can tell how much passion they have for making your day the best day of your life. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 6/10/2017 Christie B

CJ's Off the Square is absolutely amazing! The Garden is breathtaking and our Planner, Holly ensured all of our plans were flawless. The staff and experience couldn't have been any better. I would recommend this venue above all the others!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Molly C

CJ's was amazing! We sat down with CJ at our first meeting. We had looked around at a few places where we had to do more of the coordinating...so when she said their goal was to help us feel like guests at our own wedding, we were sold! It is such a quaint, elegant, and cozy... Read More location and they are so good at the details! We worked with Holly as our wedding coordinator and she was also wonderful. She very much helped us tailor it to what we wanted and was so easy to work with. The day of the wedding she had everything organized down to the minute and worked so well with the wedding party, other vendors, and family! We are so grateful for such an amazing day! Highly recommended

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Jessica B

CJs off the Square is the PERFECT venue. My now husband and I live out of state and were looking for a venue that would be all inclusive and offer assistance with planning and coordination. Look no further! We contacted CJ and scheduled an appointment to tour the location and... Read More were sold - we didn't even continue our search. Jennifer was our planner and she was phenomenal. The staff made our planning process easy and efficient. They worked with us to consolidate our planning meetings since we were traveling in from out of state. They were always prepared, professional, and easy going. Our wedding day was the best day of our lives. I could not recommend CJs off the Square or Jennifer more highly! I would do it all again in a heartbeat if I could!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Heather H

Just got married on 5/20.17 and CJ's Off the Square was our reception venue! The whole planning process was amazing! As a type A planner myself, I always knew what was going to be discussed next and what was due when! Our coordinator Jennifer was AMAZING TOO! The service at CJ's... Read More was 5 star and the food and cake AMAZING too! If we could do it all over again we would definitely go back to CJ's Off the Square!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Ashley G

Just got married on April 10, 2017! My husband and I can not say enough wonderful things about CJ's Off The Square & staff!! From our first walk-through with CJ to the bride & groom send-off, everything was perfect! CJ's was the first and only venue we looked at. Crazy, right?!... Read More I fell in love with it online and after our initial tour, my husband felt the same way. This venue was us. We just couldn't see ourselves marrying anywhere else. Bride's generally stress out while planning a wedding...not me. CJ & Jennifer took such great care of us and made the whole process a lot of fun! I had the best wedding planning experience EVER! And on the day of our wedding, Jennifer and staff made everything look so amazing and beautiful. Our friends and our family were so amazed - I think we'll be hearing compliments from them for years to come. My husband and I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful or perfect day. CJ's staff took care of us - we ate, we danced, we had zero issues. Looking back on it, I have zero regrets. I wouldn't change one single thing. Thank you CJ and Jennifer for making our dream wedding a reality! I am recommending this venue to everyone I know! I will forever cherish this experience!

2017-06-01T11:36:29 Response from the vendor

You so so very very welcome! Thank YOU for trusting us with such a special day. It was truly a pleasure working with you guys! Big hugs from all of us here at CJ's Off the Square!!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Brittany D

CJ's was absolutely fantastic and such a dream to work with! The space itself is gorgeous and is perfect for smaller, more intimate weddings. I loved that we were able to completely customize the space and designs to fit our style for a truly custom, unique wedding. Jennifer was... Read More wonderful to work with from start to finish. She kept us on task and I didn't have to worry about a thing on the day of, because she was on top of everything! She was also great about providing recommendations for photographers and other vendors we needed. CJ herself was also amazing to work with and was coming up with beautiful, special touches even on the day of our wedding. I cannot say enough good things about the team at CJ's or our wedding. Our guests are raving about the venue and the entire evening!

2017-06-01T11:38:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing such kind words. It means so much to us to know you were so pleased with everything and that your guests enjoyed themselves. Everything did look so lovely on the big day and working with you was a delight.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Emily M

CJ's Off the Square was an amazing venue! We planned our wedding in 100 days and our wedding planner, Holly was a huge help and did an awesome job. The wedding day was truly a dream and I am thankful for all of the hard work and professionalism from the staff at CJ's!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Toni H

We are so thankful we chose CJ's Off The Square for our wedding/reception. Every staff member was excellent and the entire planning process and wedding day was amazing. 5 stars does not do CJ's justice, they were so great! You will not find a better wedding venue in the... Read More Nashville area!!!!!!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Gloria T

“We received so many compliments on the wedding from all our guests. They loved the venue location, the venue atmosphere, the valet, how smoothly and efficiently the entire evening went. Aaron, the DJ was so funny and personable and everyone LOVED the food and cakes. Jordan... Read More made the right choice when she chose CJ's. Thank you all so much for making the day so special!!!!”

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Gloria T

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Mia L

Cj's is perfect! There's no other way to say it. My husband and I got married November 5th, and it was everything we could ask for and more. The venue is gorgeous, no matter the time of year, and it's so easy to make the space your own. Jennifer does an absolutely amazing job... Read More planning all of the details and making sure everything goes smoothly the day of. We were able to enjoy the whole day without a single worry. We really could not be happier with our decision!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Megan P

Jennifer R. was awesome to work with. She was super available and advised us on all things wedding. We had no idea where to start! Her advice and vendor recommendations were absolutely perfect. If you want complete confidence on your wedding day and want to be able to show up... Read More and enjoy every minute because she has thought about EVERYTHING-this is your girl. And the venue speaks for itself-it's the most beautiful, perfect spot for an intimate wedding. My friends and family are still talking about it!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Kara T

After our first meeting with CJ's I knew I didn't need to look any further. Jennifer helped make my dream wedding a reality and honestly it ended up being better than I had imagined. I've been through the planning process with several friends and it's very clear that I got to... Read More enjoy planning more because CJ's took all of the stressful details out of it. There was no need to waste time meeting with a ton of vendors because what they didn't provide they were able to give me a recommendation for. Each vendor they recommended exceeded every expectation I had. Ralph Griggs did a phenomenal job with our ceremony. Even the groomsmen were shedding a few tears. All of our friends can't stop talking about how great Jason Middleton was as the DJ. The dance floor stayed full from the first song until the last. The Enchanted Florist did such a beautiful job that I cried as soon as I walked out to see the flowers. The staff at CJ's went above and beyond as well. A couple of the girls on the wait staff were so kind to help fix my bustle when it broke. Having our wedding at CJ's allowed me to enjoy every moment of our perfect Wedding Day. I could go on and on but I honestly to understand you just need to experience it for yourself!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Halley H

CJ's off the Square was the absolute BEST decision we made in our wedding planning process! Our wedding was exactly what we envisioned thanks to the fantastic team at CJ's! At first I was not in love with the idea of having to use their vendors, but it turned out to be a dream... Read More come true. Not only did it make the planning process so easy (because we didn't have to google where to rent tables ha ha), but the vendors are top notch! By signing up with CJ's you get access to the best! The Enchanted Florist did a phenomenal job on our flowers. Wolfe Gourmet Cakes knocked it out of the park. McConnell Hospitality group aced our breakfast for dinner menu. The list goes on! I would without a doubt recommend CJ's off the Square!”

CJ Dickson

Originally from Southern California, CJ Dickson has called Tennessee home since 1999. After an exciting career in the music business, she created the event venue CJ's Off the Square in 2004. She has since fallen in love with weddings and is passionate about giving her clients an amazing planning experience and a beautiful, stress free wedding day. CJ lives in Franklin, TN with her husband Andrew and two fur babies, Willoughby and Tara.