• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Garden, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

218 3rd Ave North, Franklin, TN

Reviewed on 4/21/2016 Samantha K

I just had my wedding at CJ's and I am still in awe of how wonderful it was. Do not waste your time looking around for other venues. CJ's Off The Square is absolutely perfect! You get 5 star service, the venue itself is gorgeous, and it's in a great location! I cannot say enough... Read More great things about CJ and Jennifer. The whole process was super easy and I was even an out of state bride!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Ashley B

You're getting married! Your inbox is full of the "Top 10s" of all things wedding. Don't know what I'm talking about? You will. I'm going to add just one more. Here are the top 10 reasons you should go ahead a book your wedding with CJs Off The Square: 1. CJ. She's magic. A... Read More wedding wizard, and the kind of person you want standing nearby during the wonderful, sometimes crazy and anxiety inducing process of wedding planning. 2. You get a planner! For the whole process. Included with the standard package. Our's was the magnificent Jennifer Rhem. No need for those bulky wedding planning binders! Jennifer helped with all it: colors, design details, contacting vendors, running rehearsals, keeping our schedules--for brevity's sake I'll stop, but trust me--you name it, she's taking care of it. 3. It's ALL-inclusive. The standard package includes everything you need for a beautiful wedding: catering, tables/linens/cutlery (with more than enough color/design options to choose from) a talented DJ, bartender, wedding cake (yep, cake--included!), bride's room, man cave, lighting, sound....There are plenty of upgrade options, but definitely not necessary. 4. The house and garden are stunning. The pictures on the website are great, but nothing can do the space justice. It's gorgeous. Flowers and greenery galore. Elegant, comfortable. Charming on its own, and raw enough to add your own touches if you'd like. 5. BYOB. Bring what you need the evening before the wedding to the bartender, he and the staff do all the serving, you take home what your guest don't consume. No minimums or extra charges. This was perfect for us as my husband and I don't drink, but half of our family does. No per-head charges saved us $$. 6. They know all the best vendors in the area and everyone loves working with them! Their list are ready for all of your wedding detail needs: florists, make-up artists, photographers, transportation, etc. 7. Free valet parking for your guests. 8. Outdoor wedding with plenty of beautiful indoor options (just in case). 9. CJ, the planners, and staff have created a well-oiled machine. Everything is professional, organized and efficient. And somehow I felt so special: like I was the only person to ever have a wedding. 10. It's affordable (for a wedding). Make it work for you! They cover quick and small "elopements" to larger crowd weddings with lots of package options! PS. Clearly, I'm enthusiastic about my experience and can't say enough good things. If you want to ask more questions of someone who's had the CJ Off the Square experience, email CJ and ask for my email address (Ashley Miller) let's chat it out.

2016-10-13T21:28:43 Response from the vendor

BEST REVIEW EVER!!!! Thanks Ashley! We really appreciate you taking the time to share this and are just so honored to have been a part of such a special time in your life. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other brides. Big... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 samantha b

We recently got married at CJ's off the square and it was absolutely perfect. When we went to visit the venue I fell in love with it. Not only was the venue gorgeous but the staff was amazing. Both CJ and Jennifer were amazing with helping me plan my big day till the very end. I... Read More was completely stress free the day of the wedding because all I had to do was just show up. They did all the work for me. I wouldn't have gone anywhere else. Loved it!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Halley H

CJ's off the Square was the absolute BEST decision we made in our wedding planning process! Our wedding was exactly what we envisioned thanks to the fantastic team at CJ's! At first I was not in love with the idea of having to use their vendors, but it turned out to be a dream... Read More come true. Not only did it make the planning process so easy (because we didn't have to google where to rent tables ha ha), but the vendors are top notch! By signing up with CJ's you get access to the best! The Enchanted Florist did a phenomenal job on our flowers. Wolfe Gourmet Cakes knocked it out of the park. McConnell Hospitality group aced our breakfast for dinner menu. The list goes on! I would without a doubt recommend CJ's off the Square!”

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Elina L

Just got married at CJ's on 9/10/16! It was the absolute best day! My guests were complimenting the venue, how beautiful it was, the food, the music...EVERYTHING!! Even the rain made it more perfect! I 1000% recommend CJ and Jennifer! Beyond amazing and so fun to work with!!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016

“I work a full-time job plus another part time job. Wedding planning in itself I heard could be another part-time job. I was overwhelmed getting started but once I found CJ's off the Square my anxiety changed to enthusiasm and excitement. CJ and staff took the stress and time... Read More out of planning. It was truly a spectacular day that I wouldn't change for the world. Guests even said that it was the best wedding they've been to. For a stress-free planning process that minimize the need to seek out additional vendors, for a romantic and beautiful southern garden venue, and for a day that will truly be magical (I know that is cheesy but I am a changed cynic when it comes to weddings now) PICK CJ's. You won't be disappointed. Also, I never write reviews because I don't like to waste the time but this place is truly exceptional. Thank you so much CJ, Jennifer, and the rest of your amazing staff. A++”

2016-09-18T11:44:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you SO much for sharing your experience! Your kind words mean so much to us and are a great reminder of why we do what we do. It means a lot!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Mandy P

CJs Off the Square was the perfect venue for my husband and I. The venue itself is beautiful. From the house to the garden, it has such charm and elegance. I was blown away by the professionalism of CJ and her staff. Jennifer Rhem was our wedding planner and she was great!... Read More From the first meeting she made us feel so comfortable. CJ and her staff were always willing to help whenever I had a question or just needed some advice! All of our guests raved about this venue and how beautiful it was. Thank you CJs for an unforgettable day!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Lane B

CJ's Off the Square made everything so easy. It was a destination wedding for us and everything was simple. So many things were included in the package, we only had a hire a couple additional vendors and Jennifer Rhem provided lots of recommendations. Jennifer responded to all... Read More my questions and made any changes I wanted. I was always excited for our meetings and planning. The wedding day went perfect. From the bridal suite to ceremony and reception, I wasn't worried about anything. Jennifer was ready to hand us a drink after all the pictures and before they announced us, so we had a minute of quiet time. They also brought my husband and I a plate of food when they opened the buffet, so we had time to eat. I received so many compliments on the food and the level of service. The DJ was fantastic. It was close to 100 degrees outside and the dance floor was full the entire night. I would highly recommend CJ's to anyone looking for a beautiful intimate wedding or party.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

CJ 's team delivered a lovely event for our rehearsal dinner. They made the planning and set up so easy, and CJ was there throughout the evening to be sure things were going smoothly. The food was delicious, the staff displayed attentive, customer-focused service, and through... Read More their efforts, I had the chance to relax and enjoy my son & his bride's special evening! Thank you everyone!

Our wedding at CJ's was a dream come true!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Lauren D

A month or so after getting engaged I started researching venues, vendors, and wedding planners in the greater Nashville area. After about two weeks of researching I became pretty overwhelmed with all of the pieces I needed to put together to make this shindig happen! After... Read More stumbling across the CJ’s website, I instantly fell in love with the photos of the venue. We quickly made an appointment and met CJ for our tour. CJ was very sweet and answered all of our questions. We fell even more in love with the venue and knew it was the perfect place for us! From there we met our wedding planner Jennifer, who is absolutely incredible! My husband says I am the most detail oriented/OCD person ever created, so thank you Jennifer for making sure our wedding was absolutely perfect. The planning meetings leading up to our wedding were very helpful, as we were able to pick out exactly what we wanted, from food and place settings to floral arrangements. Adding our own personal decor items was not a problem at all either. Jennifer was always available to answer any and all questions as well as to ease any concerns allowing me to wake up the morning of the big day stress-free. Our ceremony was intimate and serene, our flowers, decor, and place settings were exactly what we envisioned- and they were incredibly gorgeous. Our dinner was delicious and the serving staff were very professional and kind. Our DJ kept the party going all night long. So many friends and family commented on how the evening flowed perfectly! It truly was the best day of my life and I am so thankful to the CJ’s team for creating the perfect wedding for us!

Amazing Venue and Staff

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Bailey P

Jennifer and CJ did an amazing job planning and facilitating my wedding! I couldn't of asked for a more beautiful ceremony and the whole evening was flawless. I can not say enough great things about their services and recommend the venue to anyone who wants an intimate... Read More wedding.

Exceptional Venue and Staff!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Erin V

There is not enough amazing things I can say about CJ, her staff, and her venue! Planning a wedding was fun and stress-free, thanks to CJ! She helped me stay on top of everything and was there with all my questions along the way. Every person she referred me to was also... Read More excpetional and wonderful to work with as well. On the day of my wedding, I had nothing to worry, I knew CJ was going to meet and exceed all expectations, and she did! I was not stressed and the day flew by without a flaw! She stayed the entire night, made sure my husband and I actually got to eat the delicious dinner and was there to make sure everything went as planned! The DJ, Jason, was absolultely amazing! He had everyone on the dance floor the entire night, and he knew how to keep the flow of songs going to make sure everyone had a good time! The caterer was amazing, and the food was delicious! I cannot say enough amazing things about CJ! I would highly recommend her to any bride planning a wedding, you will not regret it!! You will have the wedding of your dreams and you yourself will just get to enjoy the day knowing CJ is there taking care of everything! Every one of my guests had an absolute blast and said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! I am so thankful I had the opportunity to have my wedding at CJ's Off the Square and was able to actually enjoy and relax on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Wendy C

I can't say enough great things about CJ's Off the Square. From the very beginning I was impressed by the care and dedication they have to their clients. CJ herself gave us our tour and was more than happy to answer all of our questions. She sounded genuinely thrilled when we... Read More decided to do our wedding and reception with them. Jennifer was our event planner who was so easy to get a hold of and helped me with so many questions. Our wedding was amazing! Everything was perfect and I didn't have to worry about a single thing the entire day. We had so many compliments about our wedding and how great everything turned out. Seriously was the best day of my life!

First Class Treatment!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

I am a busy person, but still wanted to have a somewhat traditional, but intimate ceremony and reception. Cj's was just the place. Their first rate planning team takes you from beginning to end and all the details in between. The day of the wedding was flawless and beautiful.... Read More Jennifer (our wedding planner) made me feel very special. She and the staff took great care of my guests and family members. I would highly recommend Cj's Off the Square to anyone looking for a classy and beautiful venue to hold any event.

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Katy H

I was married last weekend (Sept 2015 wedding) and I can't say enough about how wonderful my wedding was and how stress free wedding planning was from the moment I chose CJ's Off the Square. I believe I went to about 3 easy meetings with Jennifer, chose what I wanted and then... Read More she made it happen. She was good at letting me know how to work with my budget and never once tried to upsell me on upgrades. If I wanted to change something after one of our planning meetings, I just sent her an email and she took care of it. She also dealt with all of the vendors, even the ones I chose like the photographer, florist, and band. Many vendors have worked with CJ's off the Square before, so they would contact Jennifer to work out the boring and stressful details. I, on the other hand, was able to concentrate on the fun part of wedding planning. The day of the wedding was absolutely beautiful and stress free. Many people told me it was the most beautiful venue they've ever seen and I couldn't agree more. I was nervous about rain, but seriously, if it rained, it would have still been perfect. The venue was designed to deal with rain without any problems. It's the perfect place for an outdoor garden wedding. The staff at CJ's made it look so easy, which I'm sure it wasn't. I have received compliments from guests telling me how incredible the staff was, which I didn't expect guests to notice. The valet was a nice touch and it comes with the classic package - no extra cost! I've been to family weddings before where I've had to set up before the wedding and clean up after the reception, which I absolutely hated and I didn't want my family and friends to have to do the same. There was none of that at my wedding! The staff even packed up our personal items (like extra alcohol, top layer of the cake and presents and all the stuff I left in the bridal suite, which is beautiful by the way) and they packed the items in the previously designated cars. No one had to lift a finger! Friends and family came and enjoyed themselves and then left. Incredible!! Ahh I can't get over it. Prior to getting married, I had no idea there were venues that provided such amazing services, but they all should. Seriously, they have weddings/receptions down to a science. The biggest selling point for me was the wedding planner, which I normally wouldn't have invested in if the venue had not provided one. Let me tell you, everyone should have a wedding planner. Jennifer is not only a wedding planner but she also knows this specific venue forwards and backwards. I want to thank you so much for such a magical night and for making my 9 month engagement period so stress free. If there were any issues before, during or after our wedding day, dealing with vendors and whatnot, I didn't know about it. Thanks again, Jennifer!

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Ashley A

I was a bride that started out my venue search like many brides, and was worried about budget but wanted a beautiful elegant wedding but things can add up quickly and i was scared i would have to sacrifice my dream of a elegant classic wedding because of how expensive things... Read More are! I saw Cj's off the Square online and thought it was beautiful but an all inclusive price tag scared me but , I went to the very merry occasion and fell in love! I met Cj and Jennifer and saw how perfect the location felt, my mother joined me, and afterwards we we very worried about the budget( at first the number can seem high) but after hearing horror stories from other brides and how quickly things add up we took the plunge!! OMG OMG OMG i cant even tell you how perfect my wedding was, I was able to create my perfect invitation there, coordinate with the worlds best florist (enchanted florist, Caprice) , create the best table setting, have cake tasting,and so so so much more,all at the same location! how convenient is that?!?!? I was scared that since it's a inclusive venue that my wedding would look like everyone else's, I WAS SO WRONG, my wedding was so me and so one of a kind! they did so many little touches for me and i can't tell you how much Jen and Cj did! We had meetings with Jen and she kept us one track, they coordinate with all your vendors, you literally don't have to sweat the small stuff! And I could go on and on about how seamless the wedding went! I didn't stress anything, it was so perfect, my father was so impressed about how hard they worked,and how they kept us on schedule without feeling like we had one, it flowed perfectly. I want to get married there again,and our family and friends had a blast, it was intimate and everyone was together and we just had a blast, we danced all night ( our dj Jason was seriously fab) , everyone we worked with was top notch , and we felt like we were their only client, My mother said all my siblings must get married there because we were seriously spoiled with the perfection of it all. I love Cj and Jennifer and I KNOW KNOW KNOW! you will too!

Dream Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2015

This was a destination wedding and as the bride, I was very nervous about how the planning process was going to unfold. Jennifer Bland put all of my worries at ease. She went above and beyond to guide us through the wedding process and was always ready and able to answer all our... Read More questions. We cannot thank Jennifer enough for the excellent service and professionalism provided from the beginning to the end. Every tiny detail we thought of was covered by her and her team. The day of the wedding, all of my bridesmaids we commenting on how calm I was. This was because there was never a doubt in my mind that this wasn't going to live up to all our expectations, and that is only because Jennifer was handling it all. The wedding reception was an absolute dream! The gorgeous pavilion and garden were perfect to capture and enjoy the natural scenery during the cocktail hour and reception. The food selection was excellent and was cooked to perfection. The wedding cake was exactly like the picture I sent Jennifer and tasted delicious! Above all, the staff was friendly and extremely helpful at all times. My guests are still raving about how it was the best wedding reception they have been to and that they cannot wait to visit Franklin again!!

I actually remember my wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Mickey M

I am so thankful I chose CJs as my wedding venue. They made everything feel like a piece of cake and I actually enjoyed our six month engagement AND our wedding day! I actually remember it and so many of my friends say they don't remember theirs because they were so... Read More stressed! I am an event coordinator by profession so I understand the benefit of having a coordinator dedicated to your event! Jennifer was there every step of the way to try and simplify everything while still giving me space to add personal touches to our day. Thanks CJs Off The Square for a beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Charline H

From the moment I walked up the front steps into the historic romance of Cj’s Off the Square and met CJ Dickson I felt an immediate connection and knew this is where we would be married. Over the next year, CJ helped me bring my watercolor garden wedding come to life. I quickly... Read More realized CJ’s advice was golden and was so happy to have her planning expertise. It's wonderful when people find what they are meant to do in life and CJ is truly passionate about her business and clients. During the planning process, I would have a question and she would troubleshoot and come back with solutions, suggestions, and even recommend local vendors she trusted to get the job done. The fun, laughter, and great moments leading up to the wedding were more like coffee with a friend than planning. When it came to the wedding day, I was truly able to enjoy the entire day and night of the wedding because I knew every detail had already been taken care of by CJ and her team. From the first meeting to the sparkler send off, CJ made us feel at all times like we were being looked after and every detail was perfect in the planning and implementation of our wedding. We truly had the best day ever during our wedding, and we couldn't have done it without them! I would highly recommend CJ Dickson and CJ’s Off the Square for any wedding/reception/rehearsal dinner/party/event! We adore you! Charline & Andrew

2015-06-03T14:37:29 Response from the vendor

You so so kind Charline! Working with you and Andrew was beyond a pleasure. I wish you both years upon years of happiness and love. -CJ

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 McKensie C

We could not be happier with our experience having our wedding at CJ's Off the Square! From our first meeting, it was clear that CJ and her team were absolute professionals and our wedding was in good hands. Throughout the process CJ and Jennifer were incredibly helpful, and... Read More really helped bring everything together. They were always happy to answer questions or provide recommendations. Our wedding day was even better than I could have ever imagined- everything was beautiful and we had so much fun! The day-of coordination was flawless and we appreciate being able to just enjoy our day and not worry about the details, since we knew they would be taken care of. I cannot thank y'all enough for making our dream wedding come true!

2015-05-27T21:06:40 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much for your very kind words McKensie! It was truly a pleasure working with you!!!

The best day of my life!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Heather D

When I first learned of CJ's after getting engaged, I initially wrote it off thinking it had to be too expensive. It's a gorgeous venue after all. Then after 6 months of dead ends in the wedding planning process I revisited some of the venues I'd originally passed over. When... Read More we visited CJ's in December '14, I instantly KNEW it was the venue for us! I cried in the garden at the thought of getting married there. It was winter and everything was dead but I could picture the lush greenery and flowers that would be there come May and I just KNEW IT! We were up front with CJ about our budget but she instantly found ways to make it work for us. Jennifer was assigned as our coordinator and I cannot begin to speak justice to the amazing asset she became to us at that point! CJ's handles so many details however for the items I needed to coordinate on my own, Jennifer was right there beside me, guiding me along the way! When I needed vintage style ribbon for the cake design I wanted, Jennifer googled until she had found the perfect one for me and all I was left to do was purchase it. This completely illustrates our overall experience working with the staff at CJ's Off the Square. Every little detail that I had envisioned for the day was carried out seamlessly and seeing all of that hard work come into fruition made my heart soar. Then when the forecast was looking a little iffy I was so glad that they had a built in back up plan with the covered pavilion and despite the rain, now I couldn't have imagined it any other way! Our wedding was absolutely perfect and so much of that was because of CJ, Jennifer, and their incredible team. It truly was the best day of my life!

2015-05-27T21:07:52 Response from the vendor

That is so kind Heather. Jennifer and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and love. Don't be a stranger...stop by to say hello soon!

Fantastic wedding experience

Reviewed on 4/27/2015

I would recommend CJ's Off the Square to any couple looking for a classy and timeless wedding experience. The venue is so versatile that you can customize your experience to fit your style. Both the ceremony and the reception took place in a beautiful outdoor environment, fairy... Read More tale style. The house is a beautiful historic property (the bridal and the groom suites are out of this planet)and the garden is the ideal surrounding to celebrate in any type of weather. The location is very convenient, a few steps away from the Franklin historic district square. The quality of the services was impeccable: from the wedding planning, to catering, bar service, DJ, everything was top level. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone that's looking to have a very unique experience at a very reasonable price.

Great spot! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 lindsay w

We had our wedding at CJs in October 2014. All I can say is the venue and service was amazing! From day one to the BIG day, the planner we worked with (Jennifer) was attentive and met all of our needs. We opted for the all inclusive option, which was a great option for our busy... Read More schedules. Our big day turned out perfectly... It really went just as we had pictured and everything was taken care of!! My only wish was that the night didn't have to end!

A Perfect Wedding Reception Venue

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Stephanie E

Cj’s Off the Square was the perfect choice for my wedding reception. Planning was tricky since neither my parents nor I live in Tennessee or even know anybody from Tennessee. We needed an airport and a beautiful city to accommodate our out of state and overseas family and... Read More friends. We found CJ’s Off the Square and a few other possible venues after an intensive internet search followed by inspection visits with my fiancée. We were very impressed with CJ, her presentation, and the venue. CJ’s was our #1 choice. The venue itself is a very romantic, intimate setting with beautiful gardens, calming ponds, a covered outside reception area, and a gazebo. The actual home is historic with a lovely front porch. It has various rooms for sitting or buffets and a room to display the cake. There are large, fully equipped rooms for both the bride and bridesmaids and the groom and groomsmen. We made use of all the rooms. The reception was unbelievably beautiful and elegant. The flowers were gorgeous! The food was amazing! The staff, the table settings, the ambiance, the bartenders and bar service, the DJ, the caterers - all were remarkable. Everything was perfect!! Our guests were impressed and made so many compliments. CJ knows what she is doing (before, during, and after the event!) and executes her services flawlessly. She is professional and handles whatever may come up smoothly and without worry. She truly wants the bride to “shine” and have her dream wedding day. Needless to say, we did have our dream wedding day! Our family highly recommends CJ’s Off the Square. Stephanie and Manuel Sastre And Mother of the Bride, Susan Evans

Happily ever after

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Katherine S

I can't begin to explain how wonderful my wedding and experience at CJ's Off the Square was. It was our dream wedding. Jennifer went above and beyond with details and planning. They took exactly what i had in mind and brought it to life. All of our guests have said it was the... Read More best wedding they have ever been to, and the most beautiful. The flowers were absolutely breathtaking, and the food was to die for! Being able to get ready in the bridal suite was such a fun and special time with my bridesmaids. We are blessed to have had such a wonderful evening :)

CJ Dickson

Originally from Southern California, CJ Dickson has called Tennessee home since 1999. After an exciting career in the music business, she created the event venue CJ's Off the Square in 2004. She has since fallen in love with weddings and is passionate about giving her clients an amazing planning experience and a beautiful, stress free wedding day. CJ lives in Franklin, TN with her husband Andrew and two fur babies, Willoughby and Tara.

Start a Conversation!