Booking 2015 & 2016

The quality of cake and our customer service is what we accel at. From your initial contact to your wedding day we are here for you. Andrea's prompt communication, attention to detail and her artistic ability to please clients with food is why you should schedule at cake tasting today.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Tastings

Bow2008 09

100 NE Tudor Rd. Suite 107, Lee's Summit, MO

Wonderful Cake & Wonderful to Work With!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Jennifer N

Andrea was amazing. I came into her bakery for an initial tasting with my mom had a few ideas of my own for a simple and elegant cake... Once we started talking about my dress and the unique beading patterns on it, she took the time to help brainstorm ideas and truly create a... Read More cake that was personalized to me. And let me tell you, it was incredible! She was easy to work with, accommodating, and on top of it. We tried over 12 different varieties and end up with a 5 tier cake with all different types of cake because we couldn't pick which ones we liked the best! I seriously recommend her!

Wedding cake

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Evan M

Andrea is the best! Great to work with and her cake is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Jennifer R

Love love loved our cake. It was beautiful, delicious, and everything we hoped it would be

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Suzanne C

Andrea was absolutely amazing to work with. From setting up the tasting, to setting up the cake the day of the reception, she took great care of us. The cake was beautiful and delicious, and the variety of cake flavors she offers is outstanding. She is truly and artist, and... Read More excellent at what she does. We can't wait to order our anniversary cake! Thanks for everything!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Cheyenne B

People who say "I don't really like cake.." LOVED our cake. It was so delicious. Not to heavy, light and so flavorful. Thank you for making our day that much more magical!

Great Cake!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Keri L

Andrea is so great to work with, super creative, and very experienced. Also makes delicious cakes in so many flavors. Would definitely recommend!

Can't get any better!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

Andrea is absolutely THE BEST! I'm actually a certified pastry chef myself, and do wedding cakes on the side, but I wasn't about to make my own. I'm a huge perfectionist and a stickler for scratch baking, so it took me a while to find the right person I wanted making my wedding... Read More cake. Five minutes into our first consultation -- no, after five minutes on her website -- I knew she was the one. At the consultation, she informed us that not only is everything from scratch, but she uses local and organic fruits and is always working to create new recipes and flavors. One of our chosen flavors was actually a formula that she had redone by the time our final consultation came, so she had to note herself to use the old formula. We had a three tier cake with cupcakes, as well. Five flavors, all fabulous. And even though we had planned for about 20 extra servings, several guests ended up not coming to the reception... so we had about half of everything leftover. I was so happy. As far as appearance, it couldn't have been more flawless. For one of the tiers, I wanted something she hadn't done before, and she performed it to perfection. Overall, I could not have been happier with every part of our experience. I can't say a single negative comment, and I highly recommend Classic Cakes to every bride wanting to be beyond satisfied!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015

I am so glad I chose Classic Cakes! Everything looked amazing but more importantly tasted like perfection. I will be using them for every event from here on out. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Catherine M

I'm not a huge fan of frosting and really wanted a naked cake. A few other vendors I talked with discouraged the idea, but Andrea was all in. I loved the fact that we got to have multiple (delicious) flavors and the naked cake design turned out even better than I could have... Read More imagined. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and almost too pretty to eat. Loved the berries Andrea used to accent the design with as well!

Classic Cakes is a MUST!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015

Andrea, at Classic Cakes, is a wonderful choice for any wedding cake and any price point for cakes. My husband and I were very pleased with the taste testing and with her flavors and icing choices. We were married in January of 2015, and have since then revisited Classic Cakes... Read More for our Baby Gender Reveal Cake as well.

Love Classic Cakes!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Leslie R

I couldn't imagine using anyone but Classic Cakes! Not only was Andrea's cake delicious and stunningly beautiful, but she is professional and fun to work with. My groom and I were planning our wedding from out of state and she made the process as easy as possible even... Read More adjusting her schedule to meet with us the chaotic weekends we were in town. The tasting process was a blast and when we sat down to discuss the look, we were able to work with her to create something beyond beautiful and custom to the look of our wedding. So amazing!

Delicious and creative!

Reviewed on 6/13/2015

Andrea is the best! We hired her to make our wedding cake because she believes in REAL buttercream (none of that shortening-based frosting) and local ingredients whenever possible. For example, her strawberry shortcake uses berries from local farms. She lets you pick a different... Read More flavor for each layer, so you get to have a variety instead of just your usual plain white wedding cake. Our cake was a huge hit with our guests, and Andrea made the whole process simple. One flat rate per serving, regardless of how you want to decorate it. If you want a unique, creative and delicious cake, look no further!

Best cake ever!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Sarah S

My cake was one of my favorite parts of our wedding (and we aren't even big cake people!). It was not only absolutely delicious, but it was truly a work-of-art. Andrea was my favorite wedding vendor to work with - she is passionate about her craft and genuinely cares about you... Read More as a couple. We received numerous compliments about the design and taste of the cake. I couldn't be more satisfied with my experience. I highly (highly, highly) recommend Classic Cakes / Andrea.

The Best!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015

I used Andrea and Classic Cakes for my wedding last March. I came in with several examples, some being cakes Andrea actually created! After only talking for 20 minutes, Andrea knew my exact vision and she made that happen. I can't begin to tell you how absolutely PERFECT my... Read More cakes turned out. Not only were they a show-stopper, but they were delicious as well. Three months later, people were still talking about them! If you go with Classic Cakes, you will not be disappointed. All of their cakes are truly a work of art!

Not as advertised

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Renee R

My now husband and I visited classic cakes together, tasted mini cupcakes that were the best thing ever. We were so excited for the wedding day to taste our favorites again. We walked in and the cake was exactly what I wanted. Fit in with my decorations perfectly... And then we... Read More cut and ate it. It was so dry and the top layer was supposed to have raspberry filling, but there was no raspberry. There's nothing I can do about my cake now except warn others. This establishment should start making wedding cupcakes. We were do disappointed.

2015-04-07T11:18:20 Response from the vendor

Renee, I'm very surprised that you have not called me personally. I take my work very seriously. 50% of your cake was red velvet which is our moistest cake. Snow white was you middle tier, a newer cake, which is angel food cake and not... Read Less Read More

Classic, Simple & Delicious Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Christy B

I knew from the pictures on Andrea's website that she was the baker I wanted to use for my wedding. She made us the most elegant, simple cake for our wedding. My husband and I really enjoyed visiting Andrea for our tasting. She prepared a dozen different mini-cupcakes for us... Read More to taste - and they were honestly all delicious. We chose marzipan and it was a hit. There were 8-9 other flavors I would have been happy with - we loved the Mexican Chocolate also. Such a fun planning experience. Not only was she exceptionally organized, she bakes with all-natural ingredients and really makes a delicious cake. It tastes moist and like something you'd order at a restaurant. Plus, you feel good serving it to your friends/family. Highly recommend choosing Andrea - I didn't even need to look for another option. P.S. I had sent her a picture with gold leaf on it - and before even signing my contract, she spent a few hours figuring out how to replicate that look for me. I really appreciated that service.

Classically Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Megan D

I found Classic Cakes on TheKnot and decided to check them out based on reviews and the familiarity with my reception venue. Let me tell you, it was the most fantastic experience overall!! Andrea is so great to work with and definitely is an expert (and artist!!) when it comes... Read More to cake. We tasted many different flavors and had a wonderful planning session where she truly made a custom cake design just for us. Everyone loved the look of the cake, but many people told me they went back for seconds because it was so tasty! You will not be disappointed with any part of your experience if you book Classic Cakes for your wedding cake. Bonus: on our first anniversary she will re-make our cake topper fresh as a part of her services! I highly recommend!!

The most PERFECT wedding cake! Andrea is the best!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Catherine P

Andrea with Classic Cakes is absolutely amazing! Our guests are still raving about how incredible the wedding cake was. Every tier was a different flavor (fleur de sel, red velvet, sugar cookie, fall spice/pumpkin... just to name a few), which was a fun surprise for our guests!... Read More Not only are her flavors unbelievable, but her cake designs are simply stunning! Andrea emulated the lace design on my wedding dress, complete with buttons that went all the way down the cake- just like the back of my dress. It was exactly what I envisioned! I couldn't have been more pleased with the finish result. I would recommend her to anyone searching for the perfect wedding cake! She is a great communicator, easy to work with, and truly has a gift for baking! Look no further than Classic Cakes!

Perfect Modern/Traditional Mix

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Patrick S

We used Classic cakes for our Wedding and loved Andrea's willingness to create just the cake(s) we wanted- all 5 of them! Yes, the design was non-traditional but the techniques and flavors were traditional and amazing!

Great Service and Original Designs

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Linnea J

So far I only have my first meeting with Andrea off of which to base this review (I'll update after my wedding). When I met with Andrea to see if she was the right fit, I was beyond impressed. Her cake flavors are delicious, original, and anything but boring. She is also very... Read More creative and is willing to go above and beyond to achieve what you want for your cake, and deliver it safely. My fiancé and I chose to meet with her because she is one of the only bakers in the Kansas City area that presented on their website images of cakes finished with buttercream frosting. We did not want a fondant surface, and let me tell you, that is hard to find. So far, I am extremely happy with Classic Cakes.

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Rachel D

Married September 2010- I was blessed to have had prior knowledge of Andrea and KCClassicCakes, and knew she was the only person I wanted. Her cakes are amazing! Taste is out of this world and so many flavors options. Presentation of the cake was beautiful. I knew I could trust... Read More her and this was one part of the wedding I didnt have to worry about. This was an amazing part of my wedding experience I will never forget.

Classic cakes truly the best

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Jaime M

We used classic cakes for our wedding cake three years ago and I truly can't say enough great things about Andrea! I have since used her 3 other times for friend's wedding events and recommend classic cakes to everyone I know. The buttercream is unlike anything in this world.... Read More Absolutely delicious and her creative and artistic ability is above and beyond her competition. For me she is the only choice. My cake was stunning and I couldn't have been happier working with Andrea.

Amazing Cake!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Denise H

Andrea was so wonderful to work with. I wanted to make a statement with my wedding cake “whimsical elegance” and she nailed it! The cake was absolutely gorgeous! Having natural ingredients was very important to me and the cake was delicious! We had 4 incredible flavors in a... Read More 3 tiered cake with one smaller tier on the side. We received so many compliments! One guest sincerely told me it was the most beautiful cake she had ever seen. Thank you Andrea! Don’t wait to book this incredibly talented and amazing lady!

Andrea is Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Chelsea S

I'm currently living in Chicago, but my wedding was at Longview Mansion in Lee's Summit and the venue actually gave me Andrea from Classic Cakes information. Planning a wedding from long distance is never easy, however Andrea helped make it as seemless as possible! Not... Read More only did my cake look EXACTLY the way I had envisioned it, but the actual taste of the cake was phenomenal. Each tier was a different flavor and they were all equally as tasty. I would definitely recommend Andrea with Classic Cakes! She works magic for sure.

Awesome cake

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Jessica K

We had a 4 tier cake made by Andrea at Classic Cakes and each tier was a different flavor all of which tasted amazing. She really listen to what I wanted my cake to look like and it came out great. Also she is very cautious and makes sure that the cake will be at site on time so... Read More as to make one less thing for brides to stress over.