Dietary Options

Cake Tastings

Bow2008 09

100 NE Tudor Rd. Suite 107, Lee's Summit, MO

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jet G

Classic Cakes was fabulous! From our first meeting/tasting, WOW! I showed Andrea ideas I'd come up with for our cake and she literally drew it to show me she'd completely understood what we were looking for! The cake was beyond beautiful, and so delicious! I'd definitely... Read More recommend Classic Cakes!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Sarah R

My husband and I were very pleased with our wedding cake that Andrea expertly crafted. There are many pros to working with Andrea for your wedding day cake. One, she offers many, many cake flavor options, and not just the standard vanilla and chocolate cake flavors. Two, all... Read More of the flavors are delicious! We had a hard time picking out the three flavors for our cake (1 for each tier). Three, she is very creative and was able to incorporate some of my wedding dress lace design aspects in the frosting to make it uniquely ours. So, in sum, the cake looked and tasted great, which is exactly what we were looking for! We received many compliments on the cake.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Farrah M

Amazing cake and service by Classic Cakes. Even if you don't like cake you will love Andrea's cake! :) Thank you for everything, Andrea.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Hoa D

As a wedding photographer, I get to eat a LOT of cakes. So much that I don't even like cake! Except for ONE. Before I was even engaged I already knew who made the best cakes in town. Andrea is the ABSOLUTE best and every single last piece of cake was gone. Thank you so much for... Read More your attention to detail and professionalism.

2016-10-04T10:41:46 Response from the vendor

Rose you were so fun to work for! You made my job very easy because you were so open to ideas. The cake was amazing and a one of a kind. Thanks so much for using my services!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Melissa Q

Andrea at Classic Cakes provided us the most perfect cakes for our wedding. She is a true artist in terms of visual beauty and amazing baking skills! We had four small cakes and one two tiered cake that all looked gorgeous. She was so helpful and understanding as I had about one... Read More thousand different ideas for how I wanted each of the single cakes to look. Andrea delivered gorgeous cakes in six flavors. Our guests absolutely loved the cake. We had 105ish guests and had about 114 servings ordered. We only went home with a few servings! We had Sugar Cookie, Grand Marnier, Blueberry Limoncello, Red Velvet My Way, Mexican Hot Chocolate, and Carrot. We loved our cakes so much we wanted to showcase them with some beautiful hand written acrylic signs from our decor vendor to identify each cake. Andrea was wonderful to work with and the cakes arrived looking gorgeous on stands that we had borrowed from her. I can't wait for our one year anniversary so that we can get another cake from her!

2016-10-04T10:44:06 Response from the vendor

Melissa I can't wait to see you in a year!!!! I so enjoyed our time together!!! The cakes turned out amazing. Thanks for your inspiration!!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Courtney H

the cake was fantastic!!!!!! however, i was less than thrilled to find that they didnt put the cake topper on the cake. the topper and their tip were in the same box and the tip was gone..

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Nicolette W

Our wedding cake turned out amazing! Andrea brought my vision to life and the cake tasted great. Very satisfied and would definitely use her services again!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Emily P

Classic Cakes is amazing! The cake was beautiful and the taste was to die good!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Emily P

Classic Cakes is amazing! The cake was beautiful and the taste was to die good!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Kaylin W

We chose this cake baker because her cakes are very unique, she had a lot of unique flavors to choose from and they were not the overly sweet cakes like you would find at a grocery store bakery. She did a wonderful job creating the cake of my dreams, she incorporated my wedding... Read More theme and dress pattern into the design of the cake. After the cake was delivered I noticed a minor mistake on the cake and she drove all the way back to my venue to fix it which I thought was great customer service. Andrea is very passionate about her cakes and truly wants you to have a cake you love.

Dedicated service with out of the world flavors!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Jess H

Andrea at Classic Cakes was extremely helpful when we told her we had NO idea what kind of cake we had in mind for our September wedding. She walked us through books of designs and had a large array of her unique flavors for us to try. It was so hard to choose a flavor that we... Read More ended up with 5! She was professional and takes her job very seriously. We were getting married in the country and the cake would have to travel on gravel to reach us. She needed to know how long the road was how large the gravel so she could make sure the cake could travel appropriately without damage! She will also tell you she doesn't cut her own cakes because its like ruining her art! (extreme dedication) Andrea genuinely cares about her customers and when I decided to change my design 6 months later, she had no problem and created a new sketch outline for my review. My guests LOVED the cake especially loved the fact that we had 5 flavors and they were all "out of the ordinary" for a wedding cake- it wasn't your traditional white on white cake & that is one of the reasons we chose her. I highly recommend Andrea at Classic Cakes if you want every detail done right! The cake was literally the ONLY thing I did not worry about on the day of.... I had full confidence it would be perfect.

Wonderful Cake & Wonderful to Work With!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Jennifer N

Andrea was amazing. I came into her bakery for an initial tasting with my mom had a few ideas of my own for a simple and elegant cake... Once we started talking about my dress and the unique beading patterns on it, she took the time to help brainstorm ideas and truly create a... Read More cake that was personalized to me. And let me tell you, it was incredible! She was easy to work with, accommodating, and on top of it. We tried over 12 different varieties and end up with a 5 tier cake with all different types of cake because we couldn't pick which ones we liked the best! I seriously recommend her!

Wedding cake

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Evan M

Andrea is the best! Great to work with and her cake is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Jennifer R

Love love loved our cake. It was beautiful, delicious, and everything we hoped it would be

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Suzanne C

Andrea was absolutely amazing to work with. From setting up the tasting, to setting up the cake the day of the reception, she took great care of us. The cake was beautiful and delicious, and the variety of cake flavors she offers is outstanding. She is truly and artist, and... Read More excellent at what she does. We can't wait to order our anniversary cake! Thanks for everything!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Cheyenne B

People who say "I don't really like cake.." LOVED our cake. It was so delicious. Not to heavy, light and so flavorful. Thank you for making our day that much more magical!

Great Cake!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Keri L

Andrea is so great to work with, super creative, and very experienced. Also makes delicious cakes in so many flavors. Would definitely recommend!

Can't get any better!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015

Andrea is absolutely THE BEST! I'm actually a certified pastry chef myself, and do wedding cakes on the side, but I wasn't about to make my own. I'm a huge perfectionist and a stickler for scratch baking, so it took me a while to find the right person I wanted making my wedding... Read More cake. Five minutes into our first consultation -- no, after five minutes on her website -- I knew she was the one. At the consultation, she informed us that not only is everything from scratch, but she uses local and organic fruits and is always working to create new recipes and flavors. One of our chosen flavors was actually a formula that she had redone by the time our final consultation came, so she had to note herself to use the old formula. We had a three tier cake with cupcakes, as well. Five flavors, all fabulous. And even though we had planned for about 20 extra servings, several guests ended up not coming to the reception... so we had about half of everything leftover. I was so happy. As far as appearance, it couldn't have been more flawless. For one of the tiers, I wanted something she hadn't done before, and she performed it to perfection. Overall, I could not have been happier with every part of our experience. I can't say a single negative comment, and I highly recommend Classic Cakes to every bride wanting to be beyond satisfied!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015

I am so glad I chose Classic Cakes! Everything looked amazing but more importantly tasted like perfection. I will be using them for every event from here on out. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Catherine M

I'm not a huge fan of frosting and really wanted a naked cake. A few other vendors I talked with discouraged the idea, but Andrea was all in. I loved the fact that we got to have multiple (delicious) flavors and the naked cake design turned out even better than I could have... Read More imagined. The cake was absolutely gorgeous and almost too pretty to eat. Loved the berries Andrea used to accent the design with as well!

Classic Cakes is a MUST!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015

Andrea, at Classic Cakes, is a wonderful choice for any wedding cake and any price point for cakes. My husband and I were very pleased with the taste testing and with her flavors and icing choices. We were married in January of 2015, and have since then revisited Classic Cakes... Read More for our Baby Gender Reveal Cake as well.

Love Classic Cakes!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Leslie R

I couldn't imagine using anyone but Classic Cakes! Not only was Andrea's cake delicious and stunningly beautiful, but she is professional and fun to work with. My groom and I were planning our wedding from out of state and she made the process as easy as possible even... Read More adjusting her schedule to meet with us the chaotic weekends we were in town. The tasting process was a blast and when we sat down to discuss the look, we were able to work with her to create something beyond beautiful and custom to the look of our wedding. So amazing!

Delicious and creative!

Reviewed on 6/13/2015

Andrea is the best! We hired her to make our wedding cake because she believes in REAL buttercream (none of that shortening-based frosting) and local ingredients whenever possible. For example, her strawberry shortcake uses berries from local farms. She lets you pick a different... Read More flavor for each layer, so you get to have a variety instead of just your usual plain white wedding cake. Our cake was a huge hit with our guests, and Andrea made the whole process simple. One flat rate per serving, regardless of how you want to decorate it. If you want a unique, creative and delicious cake, look no further!

Best cake ever!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Sarah S

My cake was one of my favorite parts of our wedding (and we aren't even big cake people!). It was not only absolutely delicious, but it was truly a work-of-art. Andrea was my favorite wedding vendor to work with - she is passionate about her craft and genuinely cares about you... Read More as a couple. We received numerous compliments about the design and taste of the cake. I couldn't be more satisfied with my experience. I highly (highly, highly) recommend Classic Cakes / Andrea.

The Best!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015

I used Andrea and Classic Cakes for my wedding last March. I came in with several examples, some being cakes Andrea actually created! After only talking for 20 minutes, Andrea knew my exact vision and she made that happen. I can't begin to tell you how absolutely PERFECT my... Read More cakes turned out. Not only were they a show-stopper, but they were delicious as well. Three months later, people were still talking about them! If you go with Classic Cakes, you will not be disappointed. All of their cakes are truly a work of art!

In the Fall of 2016 I will have been making wedding cakes in bakeries for 28 years. I love what I do and i'm very passionate about cake. I've worked in commercial bakeries and restaurants. I opened my storefront, Classic Cakes 12 years ago to make cakes my way, scratch. In the simplest terms I love organics and I bake like my grandma. With all the years devoted to my trade, understanding the chemistry and architecture of cake along with my customer service skills, I know I can make you a cake that you will absolutely love. My goal is to make your cake planning simple and stress free.

Start a Conversation!