Classic Cakes

(48)

Lee's Summit, MO

Booking 2015 & 2016

The quality of cake and our customer service is what we accel at. From your initial contact to your wedding day we are here for you. Andrea's prompt communication, attention to detail and her artistic ability to please clients with food is why you should schedule at cake tasting today.

$$

Bow2008 09

100 NE Tudor Rd. Suite 107, Lee's Summit, MO

Amazing

4/12/2014 Kenda M

Andrea and her Cakes we more than we ever dreamt they could be for our wedding! She took such thought and consideration to the designs and flavors we asked, and simply brought them to life.

Wow your guests with Classic Cakes delicious cake!

1/18/2014 Hannah S

We were in the process of planning a wedding from afar - we live in Chicago, but were getting married in Kansas City. We found Classic Cakes by doing a search of wedding cake providers in the area. We were drawn to her sophisticated designs - no hokey, theme cakes - it was all beautiful and you could tell care was put into each to artfully design and execute each cake. After a delayed flight and speeding to get there, we met Andrea at her shop I think around 8:30 or 9:00 p.m. We were so thankful for someone who was willing to work with us on our unique travel schedule. We sat down to 10 or 12 different samples and tried them all. I'm not actually a big cake person, so I went into our tasting not really expecting to be wowed. I could not believe how much I loved it all! Her flavors were interesting, well-thought out, and different from the run-of-the-mill typical wedding cake fare. She was also great at making recommendations to help us make choices to appease our guests. As far as design, she listened to what we liked on her other cakes and created a wedding cake design that was perfectly in-line with the general aesthetic of the event. I heard rave reviews from many of our guests and I was bummed I didn't get a slice of every flavor! Andrea was great to work with and provided us with an amazing cake at a very reasonable price. I would whole-heartedly recommend her to anyone looking for a delicious and beautiful wedding cake!

Amazing Customer Service and Amazing Cake

1/25/2014 Sarah H

I had such a great experience working with Classic Cakes. Not only was my wedding cake beautiful, but it tasted amazing. I still get comments from friends and family about how delicious my cake was, and my wedding was 4 months ago! If you want your cake to look like a work of art and taste great, this is the place you want to go to. It was worth every penny!

Classic, Simple & Delicious Wedding Cake

9/06/2014 Christy B

I knew from the pictures on Andrea's website that she was the baker I wanted to use for my wedding. She made us the most elegant, simple cake for our wedding. My husband and I really enjoyed visiting Andrea for our tasting. She prepared a dozen different mini-cupcakes for us to taste - and they were honestly all delicious. We chose marzipan and it was a hit. There were 8-9 other flavors I would have been happy with - we loved the Mexican Chocolate also. Such a fun planning experience. Not only was she exceptionally organized, she bakes with all-natural ingredients and really makes a delicious cake. It tastes moist and like something you'd order at a restaurant. Plus, you feel good serving it to your friends/family. Highly recommend choosing Andrea - I didn't even need to look for another option. P.S. I had sent her a picture with gold leaf on it - and before even signing my contract, she spent a few hours figuring out how to replicate that look for me. I really appreciated that service.

Classically Beautiful!

9/20/2014 Megan D

I found Classic Cakes on TheKnot and decided to check them out based on reviews and the familiarity with my reception venue. Let me tell you, it was the most fantastic experience overall!! Andrea is so great to work with and definitely is an expert (and artist!!) when it comes to cake. We tasted many different flavors and had a wonderful planning session where she truly made a custom cake design just for us. Everyone loved the look of the cake, but many people told me they went back for seconds because it was so tasty! You will not be disappointed with any part of your experience if you book Classic Cakes for your wedding cake. Bonus: on our first anniversary she will re-make our cake topper fresh as a part of her services! I highly recommend!!

The most PERFECT wedding cake! Andrea is the best!

9/20/2014 Catherine P

Andrea with Classic Cakes is absolutely amazing! Our guests are still raving about how incredible the wedding cake was. Every tier was a different flavor (fleur de sel, red velvet, sugar cookie, fall spice/pumpkin... just to name a few), which was a fun surprise for our guests! Not only are her flavors unbelievable, but her cake designs are simply stunning! Andrea emulated the lace design on my wedding dress, complete with buttons that went all the way down the cake- just like the back of my dress. It was exactly what I envisioned! I couldn't have been more pleased with the finish result. I would recommend her to anyone searching for the perfect wedding cake! She is a great communicator, easy to work with, and truly has a gift for baking! Look no further than Classic Cakes!

Perfect Modern/Traditional Mix

10/18/2008 Patrick S

We used Classic cakes for our Wedding and loved Andrea's willingness to create just the cake(s) we wanted- all 5 of them! Yes, the design was non-traditional but the techniques and flavors were traditional and amazing!

Great Service and Original Designs

10/10/2015 Linnea J

So far I only have my first meeting with Andrea off of which to base this review (I'll update after my wedding). When I met with Andrea to see if she was the right fit, I was beyond impressed. Her cake flavors are delicious, original, and anything but boring. She is also very creative and is willing to go above and beyond to achieve what you want for your cake, and deliver it safely. My fiancé and I chose to meet with her because she is one of the only bakers in the Kansas City area that presented on their website images of cakes finished with buttercream frosting. We did not want a fondant surface, and let me tell you, that is hard to find. So far, I am extremely happy with Classic Cakes.

Outstanding!

9/26/2010 Rachel D

Married September 2010- I was blessed to have had prior knowledge of Andrea and KCClassicCakes, and knew she was the only person I wanted. Her cakes are amazing! Taste is out of this world and so many flavors options. Presentation of the cake was beautiful. I knew I could trust her and this was one part of the wedding I didnt have to worry about. This was an amazing part of my wedding experience I will never forget.

Classic cakes truly the best

10/08/2011 Jaime M

We used classic cakes for our wedding cake three years ago and I truly can't say enough great things about Andrea! I have since used her 3 other times for friend's wedding events and recommend classic cakes to everyone I know. The buttercream is unlike anything in this world. Absolutely delicious and her creative and artistic ability is above and beyond her competition. For me she is the only choice. My cake was stunning and I couldn't have been happier working with Andrea.

Amazing Cake!

9/20/2014 Denise H

Andrea was so wonderful to work with. I wanted to make a statement with my wedding cake “whimsical elegance” and she nailed it! The cake was absolutely gorgeous! Having natural ingredients was very important to me and the cake was delicious! We had 4 incredible flavors in a 3 tiered cake with one smaller tier on the side. We received so many compliments! One guest sincerely told me it was the most beautiful cake she had ever seen. Thank you Andrea! Don’t wait to book this incredibly talented and amazing lady!

Andrea is Fantastic!

8/09/2014 Chelsea S

I'm currently living in Chicago, but my wedding was at Longview Mansion in Lee's Summit and the venue actually gave me Andrea from Classic Cakes information. Planning a wedding from long distance is never easy, however Andrea helped make it as seemless as possible! Not only did my cake look EXACTLY the way I had envisioned it, but the actual taste of the cake was phenomenal. Each tier was a different flavor and they were all equally as tasty. I would definitely recommend Andrea with Classic Cakes! She works magic for sure.

Awesome cake

8/02/2014 Jessica K

We had a 4 tier cake made by Andrea at Classic Cakes and each tier was a different flavor all of which tasted amazing. She really listen to what I wanted my cake to look like and it came out great. Also she is very cautious and makes sure that the cake will be at site on time so as to make one less thing for brides to stress over.

Great Wedding Cake Vendor

5/24/2014 Beth R

Andrea was great to work with. She helped me balance what I needed and what I wanted. I went with a two tiered cake and cupcakes and brought a picture of the cake I wanted. She did better than the picture. She handled the delivery and set up and made my wedding day a breeze. The cakes were all great too! Everyone raved! Would highly recommend.

Perfection in a Cake

6/07/2014 Molly S

After meeting Andrea to discuss our wedding and type of cake we wanted we knew we were in great hands. Andrea has a passion for her craft and is a true artist. She understood our vision an executed it flawlessly. We were able to choose 3 different favors for each tier of our cake for no additional charge. This was key because after tasting a dozen or so flavors we had a difficult time narrowing our choices. Our guests loved the cake and we couldn't have been happier!

THE best wedding cake

9/01/2012 Rachel E

Our wedding cake was so good, people still talk about it almost 2 years later! Andrea worked with us and was so nice--even when we had to add on extra cupcakes when our guest list kept growing. Very professional. She brought and set up the cake before the wedding. I could not be happier with our experience!

Amazing!

5/18/2014 Carrie S

Andrea of Classic Cakes was amazing! She made the daunting task of picking a wedding cake so easy. She has so many delicious flavor options to pick from, and her work is second to none! My wedding cake was stunning, and turned out exactly as I envisioned it. My husband's groom cake was a huge hit! Andrea is welcoming, sweet, an artist, and a true professional!

Couldn't ask for more

10/10/2013 Erika C

From day one till wedding day Classic Cakes blew my socks off with service, quality and creativity. She made us the most one of a kind cake that tasted as good as it looked with plenty left for leftovers after serving 85 guests. The hardest part was deciding on flavors with so many great options to choose from. We went with carrot, blueberry lemoncello and grand manier with poppy seeds. You won't be disappointed by choosing Classic Cakes!

Amazing!

4/12/2014 Lauren C

Andrea made my experience with choosing a wedding cake absolutely fantastic! Not only was she friendly, professional, and heart felt, she was straight forward and honest. The cakes tasted better then any other cakes we had tried. I would HIGHLY highly recommend her.

Wonderful!

7/06/2013 Cassidy C

Just amazing cake. Lots of great flavored and Andrea is a dream to work with, not to mention the cake looked stunning! Definitely worth going for a 20 tasting, it goes towards your down payment if you book her. And I bet you will :)

Delicious and Beautiful

6/22/2013 Danielle R

Andrea makes everything from scratch using high quality ingredients and you can tell - the cake was delicious. She offers so many great flavors and gluten free options as well. She was able to re-create the lace pattern from my dress onto part of the cake and it turned out beautifully. She's a bit more expensive than some of the other cake vendors but the price included any decorations added to the cake (except sugar flowers) and the use of the cake stands she has. Thanks Andrea!

Passion for cakes

5/25/2013 Kathleen A

Andrea is a true professional with a passion for creating beautiful and flavorful cakes that shows! She is a creative person who also has a numbers side to help you make decisions (like cake flavors). I had a few ideas about my cake, and Andrea took the time to look through pictures and have me describe what I liked or didn't about cakes. She was able to use my likes to help me create a cake that reflected our wedding perfectly. She was also honest about what features would and would not work with our cake which I appreciated! The unique flavors are incredible. Our guests were delighted at the creative and variety of flavors (we had salted caramel, poppy seed grand marnier, strawberry shortcake, black & white, and red velvet). My now husband wanted to go back for another tasting just to eat her cake! Thank you Andrea!

andrea is an artist!

12/27/2012 judith d

Beautiful and tasty cake! Andrea helped me surprise my groom with a layer of his favorite cake - German chocolate. When we cut into it and he saw that it was his favorite- he said " you really do love me!". One if my favorite moments! Plus that layer was the first to go. Best cake EVER!

Delicious and creative!

11/17/2012 Hayley R

Andrea at Classic Cakes makes amazing desserts with natural ingredients. She offers many flavors and focuses on quality. My dessert table with cake, cupcakes, whoopie pies and brownies looked amazing! I am excited to enjoy our top tier on our anniversary.

Beautfiful and Delicious!

10/20/2012 Sarah P

Andrea created a beatiful and amazing cake for our wedding with 5 tiers of flavors. For all of those flavors, the price was incredibly reasonable and it was so fun for our guests to have so many choices! We absolutely LOVED the tasting... it was so hard to choose! For something a little different than just white cake, Classic Cakes is perfect!

Send Email