Club Continental

Orange Park, FL

Old World Florida still exists at Club Continental

Step back in time to Old World Florida at the Club Continental. Nestled on the banks of the St Johns river under majestic Live oaks draped in Spanish moss, this Mediterranean mansion is perfect for your ceremony and reception. Known for superb food and grounds, we invite you to contact us to today!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

2143 Astor Street, Orange Park, FL (800) 877-6070

Perfection

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

When it came to choosing a venue for my daughter's wedding I wanted only the best. The Club Continental was everything we hoped it would be. It was a truly magical event. Everything went according to plan. The food and service was excellent. The venue was beautiful. It was... Read More perfection. If you want a wedding reception that is elegant and romantic this is the place for you.

Perfect Place for Our Wedding

Reviewed on 3/21/2012 Caitlin L

The Club Continental was the perfect place for our wedding. My wife and I had two things on our list for the venue; it had to be outside and overlooking the water. The Club Continental met both of those criteria. We could not have asked for a more beautiful place to have the... Read More ceremony. The combination of the Mediterranean ambiance and the view of the river made for a spectacular setting. Carla was extremely helpful with the planning and preparing. The entire staff was friendly, professional, and courteous. The food is AWESOME!!! Everyone raved about the food and just about every guest went back for seconds. The biggest complainant was that they took the food away. Our guest would have gored themselves all night if they had the chance. Having rooms onsite was convenient for our guests and preparing for the wedding. If you’re getting married in the Jacksonville area you have to visit The Club Continental. You have to go there to see it to understand how special it is.

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Taylor H

I had my wedding here in March, both ceremony and reception, and all I can say is WOW. It was a beautiful day, at a beautiful venue, and I could not have dreamed of a better place to get married! Carla, the venue events coordinator, was so amazing to work with and quick to... Read More respond to all my (many) emails. I love that this venue has such a cool history, and everything has been kept true to the original. I also love that the venue has rooms for family to stay and my family was able to get in quickly and practically book all the rooms on site. It was a whole weekend of celebrating with friends and family and it was fabulous. The price is very fair for the value and catering comes with! The food was amazing! All made in house and my friends and family still rave about how great everything was. I highly recommend this venue!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Brittany R

We had THE BEST experience at the club! The staff was amazing and so helpful and the venue was breath-taking. I stayed in the Tower room the night before with my bridal party & got ready there in the morning. It was SO cute & so much fun to get ready up in the tower while... Read More overlooking the very spot we were about to get married at! What an incredible experience. The Florida greens + spanish moss made our pictures stunning. I would recommend this venue to any bride!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Madison J

This venue is not only absolutely beautiful, but the whole staff was friendly, organized, and attentive to us. Carla (their coordinator) did a great job keeping in contact, giving full details, even tips on how to make our wedding run smooth the entire evening. Last but not... Read More least the food was wonderful. All of our guests still rave about their experience at our wedding at The Club Continental!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Ashley C

You absolutely cannot go wrong with this venue. Carla is the manager and she does a great job communicating and keeping up with you. She gave us a deal on our F&B minimum since we are having a small guest list, which obviously she didn't need to do but made our decision even... Read More easier. We had left another venue that was just not going to work and I called to see if we could schedule a tour. She got us in that very same hour and we signed a contract that week. Beautiful landscapes, TONS of photo op spots, classic Florida architecture and decor, gives it a romantic feel.

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Jennifer C

ABSOLUTELY MAGICAL!! We can not begin to say how grateful & thankful that we were to go with this venue!! I'll have to start off by saying that The Club Continental is an AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL & BREATHTAKING place!! It has amazing architecture and views of the river!! The history... Read More of this mansion is truly second to none!! The Staff is truly remarkable!! Carla Sparks is always so informative, sweet and just all around amazing!! She always makes you feel right at home and part of the Club family!! She's the perfect fit for a perfect location!! Jacob and his staff are one in a million!! They were all so courteous and right there if we needed anything. I could go on, and on all day about this place!! We are so glad we went with this venue, if we could fill in 10 stars we would have!! Hope you give them a chance to make your special occasion one that you'll never forget!!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Dana P

We got married at Club Continental in November, and it was perfect. The venue is beautiful, Carla is great to work with, staff is very attentive, and it's a great value. I got so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was. And it really is. I only had flowers on the tables... Read More and let the venues beauty speak for itself. You definitely have to check it out.

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Kaitlyn C

My now husband and I loved this venue from the moment we stepped foot on its grounds. The Club Continental is a beautiful, quaint venue that will feel romantic, vintage, and elegant. Let me start that Carla is absolutely amazing, and will answer any and all of your 500... Read More questions, and is flexible to your needs and plans for the wedding, and is very timely while she is at it. The menu is customizable, and the food tasted AMAZING, the set up is wonderful and easy as most of everything you will need is included, and also the rooms are very comfortable and spacious for getting ready. All in all it was a wonderful experience and we are very thankful.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Brittian G

Where do I start?! Club Continental was the wedding venue of my dreams! Not only is it tucked away on the bank of the St. Johns River, its natural beauty is something that requires very little decor and sparkle. If you are looking for a venue with a natural, Mediterranean and... Read More warm setting- look no further. The staff and support at Club Continental only makes the entire situation that much better. Carla is a true, seasoned professional and is always willing to help, while her assistant, Diana, is kind and very quick to offer answers. Jacob, my wedding event manager with the club, was outstanding. He kept the whole event running and offered his experiences to keep our wedding on schedule. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to work with all of these individuals. I can thank Club Continental for a magical, beautiful and memorable wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Sarah M

This venue was absolutely spectacular for my wedding. Working with Carla put my nerves at ease. She was professional, quick to respond, listened to my concerns and questions, and ensured her staff executed our plans perfectly. This venue is stunningly beautiful, the food is... Read More fantastic and the staff is professional and delivers amazing service. I heard nothing but good things from our guests, raving about the food, service, and beauty of the grounds! Perfect place for your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/02/2016

The food was amazing. What a great place to have a wedding, not much need for since the location is more than enough with its exquisite elegance and timeless environment.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Rachel Y

The Club Continental was the perfect place for my wedding day! The staff was friendly and accommodating, the food was great, and the view is beautiful

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Lisa F

Loved this place. The food and service were wonderful. We wanted a venue that had parking, reception and ceremony space. Also an option in case of rain was available. We had a noon wedding on a Saturday. My wedding was three weeks ago and my guests are still talking about the... Read More food and the venue. There were good menu options. Price will be based on your wants. We were satisfied with the price and we received everything outlined in writing. Carla Sparks made the process so easy. She was very responsive to all my questions in person, via phone and email. While we were taking our pictures our guests were served hor d'oeuvres...my guests stated that they felt pampered by the staff. My wedding day was so memorable.

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Ali R

Aside from falling in love with the beautiful river view and the Mediterranean style mansion, we were so happy to have chosen the Club Continental as our wedding venue. The venue itself is beautiful and boasts a classic southern feel (very old Florida) but it also stands out due... Read More to the impeccable service we received during our wedding planning period and most importantly, on our wedding day. Carla, their event coordinator, was a joy to work with. She communicated promptly, helped answer questions (yes, you will have a lot of questions... what do the chairs look like, what kind of table cloths do you provide, how many people can sit at a table, etc.), was accommodating when scheduling meetings, and even allowed for us to make special requests for food, set-up, etc. She helped our wedding feel personalized and worked with us the whole planning process. When the wedding day came, the staff was incredibly courteous and accommodating. They answered all of my questions and when they didn't know, they provided a timeframe of when they would be able to provide an answer and always delivered. During the actual wedding, Club Continental's staff stood out to us because they didn't just deliver, they anticipated our needs. Before you even realize what you want, they've already done it and it made the day so amazing. For example, we didn't even know the toast was starting because everything moves so fast and a server handed us (bride and groom) our favorite drinks so that we could clink and drink with everyone by the time the toast was over. Thank you Club Continental for your service and beautiful venue. Our day was perfect!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Danielle C

Club Continental is absolutely gorgeous. I lived the vintage feel of the venue, the grounds are well maintained. Service the day of our wedding was great. Staff was swift with serving food and kept drinks filled. Between our wedding planners and Club Continental, we had nothing... Read More to worry about, they took care of everything.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 kaitlin h

MAGICAL! That is the best word to describe this venue. We got married in early April here and all I can say is my dream wedding became a reality. First off the venue itself is just naturally gorgeous but secondly the staff is absolutely amazing. From morning til night the... Read More staff was very attentive and professional. They made sure everything and everyone was well taken care of. I could not have asked for better treatment on our special day. I would highly recommend this venue for any event or wedding!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016

Beautiful place for a wedding. The staff was wonderful. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Sarah B

The Club Continental was everything we could have ever dreamed of and more! The location is absolutely beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff went above and beyond to make our wedding experience perfect. We truly can't say enough great things about this venue!!! We... Read More loved that we were able to have our ceremony outside with a beautiful view of the river, have our reception inside, and even have an after party at the pub located on site! Everything about The Club Continental was breathtaking. We stayed in the rooms onsite both the night before the wedding and the night of. The room we got ready in had an amazing view of the river, and our honeymoon suite was right on the river with a balcony that provided an awesome view of the sunrise. Carla was such a pleasure to work with and was always available to answer any questions we had. She made sure our big day was perfect. Everything turned out better than we could of imagined. Would highly recommend this venue to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 John T

Amazing Venue- historic and beautiful directly on the St Johns River. Rare Waterfront ceremony venue- A must see. The staff was great and made the entire process effortless. All guests gave the food a 5 star rating. Very Happy we were married here!

Reviewed on 3/27/2016 Emily B

Everything at the Club Continental was perfect, and we highly recommend it to anybody in the Jacksonville area as a wedding venue. Carla was awesome in helping us coordinate everything from out of town and was always very quick to reply to emails or messages. She helped us with... Read More every little step and nothing was overlooked. The venue was set up beautifully the day of the wedding and Jacob was the dining room manager the night of our wedding and had everything coordinated for us. The food was delicious, both at the wedding, and the brunch we had the next morning. Can't say enough nice things about the Club and all of its wonderful staff. Thank you!

Reviewed on 2/15/2016 Lauren K

I cannot say enough great things about Club Continental. From touring the venue for the first time to the end of our reception, the staff was always very helpful. Carla was amazing to work with and had amazing attention to detail. Our reception was set up exactly as asked and... Read More the reception staff was very friendly. The venue is gorgeous-a naturally romantic atmosphere! We were able to get some breathtaking photos. All of our guests loved the food. The staff even had a tray of food from our buffet placed in our room for a midnight snack and it was delicious. All of our guests were very impressed with their accommodations whether they stayed in the main house or the River Suites. Amazing venue and fantastic staff made for an unforgettable reception!

Reviewed on 2/11/2016 Brittani C

There is a reason that The Club Continental wins awards year after year. The beautiful, historic mansion with the Old World charm on the St. John's was a no-brainer as our reception venue. It was all the other little details that surprised me. The staff was professional and... Read More incredibly helpful in reminding us when to pay, what was due and giving us a timeline of the day. Our manager for the night was fun and laid-back, he was perfect for our personalities! There was nothing we would have changed about the way the reception went! The food was delicious and even though we hardly ate, they packed us up samples of the buffet and delivered it to the door of our suite on-site for after the party. The only reason that I didn't give it 5 stars is that we had an issue after the reception with the linens we rented for the tables. A table cloth was missing and the member of The Club who my mom and mother-in-law were working with to find it, was not helpful at all and refused to go out of her way to help us get it back by the deadline. Other than that, the day was a dream.

Reviewed on 2/08/2016

Carla, at Club Continental, is wonderful to work with and offered very helpful suggestions in planning the reception. She always returned e-mails and phone calls promptly. The food for the reception was delicious and we were very pleased with the staff. Club Continental is a... Read More beautiful venue and we were happy our daughter chose to have her wedding there!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Amy M

Everyone at the Club Continental was so friendly and helpful! They went out of their way to make sure everything went smoothly for us. It was a wonderful location for a wedding!