Photo, Second Shooter Available

D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

148 W. San Antonio, New Braunfels, TX (830) 214-4447

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Chris took our wedding photos, and we love them! He captured so many sweet memories, down to the smallest detail. I really wanted a traditional wedding album, and most photographers I met with could not provide me with the product I envisioned. Chris didn't hesitate to do... Read More research for me to create the look I was going for. So thankful to have precious photos we will always treasure!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Celia V

Chris was awesome. He did our engagement photos, bridal photos, and wedding photos. He was always on time or early for every event and we received our pictures and CD in a very timely manner. My husband and I were never photogenic, but he made us look really good. He was always... Read More very patient with me and listened to any requests that I had. I would use him again in a heartbeat

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Anamaria

Chris at CMI was super friendly and easy to get in contact with. The price was just where we needed and received great quality of work. When scheduling the engagement session, I was so scared that it was going to be occurred and reflect in the pictures but it was the completely... Read More opposite. He made both of us super comfortable, joking with us and us with him. Made the sessions fly by and it was great fun! That was very important to have a great connection with our photographer so that we would be relaxed and have some great (not stiff) pictures. At the wedding Chris and his wife were on point capturing our families interact with each other and us. I hope to work with him and the rest of the CMI crew in the future. Can't wait to see the rest of our wedding pictures! Highly Recommend CMI!!! :)

Poor service

Reviewed on 4/07/2015 Amanda W

Chris from CMI photography was the photographer for my wedding on April 26, 2014. The customer service at CMI photography was extremely poor. I hate to write this, but I would not recommend his photography services to anyone. The following is a more detailed description of my... Read More encounter with CMI Photography: After the wedding, Chris never initiated any conversation to update me on his progress of my wedding photos. If I wanted an update about my pictures, I had to contact him (sometimes multiple times). I believe I would not have received any product from Chris if it was not for my numerous emails and phone calls. I did not see my wedding photos until July 11, 2014, which was 75 days after the wedding. (Try to imagine going over 2 months without being able to see the photos from your big day.) Plus, these photos were in an online gallery and had watermarks, so I really couldn’t share these photos with anyone. It was over 105 days before I received the DVD from Chris that had copies of our wedding photos that I could actually use. This was the first time I was able to share our wedding photos. Additionally, our wedding was not announced in the newspaper because we had to wait so long for the photos from Chris. My nightmare with this business continued because my photography package with Chris also included a wedding album. After much prodding and poking, I received my wedding album 318 days after my wedding. Numerous people would ask to see my photos, and I would have to tell them I did not have them yet. Not having any wedding photos for such a long time was embarrassing because I got the impression that people thought I hired a discounted photographer. (Note: The rates for CMI Photography are way over the national average for a wedding photographer.) On his photography, I am obviously too biased to evaluate this due to my frustration with his service. My one constructive criticism would be for him to work with the wind. In some pictures, my dress was awkwardly blowing into my husband, instead of beautifully flowing into the wind. If Chris would have noticed the wind, he would have been able to switch the position of my husband and me. Lastly, I gave Chris a tulle material to use as a prop for a photo. We didn’t take the photo using the tulle as a prop, and I never received the material back. I repeatedly asked Chris about the material, but he ignored each email. I know the missing material is a silly thing to be mad about, but I wish he would have at least acknowledged my emails. Again, I hate to write such a negative review, but the service from CMI Photography was too unreasonable to disregard.

one of the best parts of my wedding

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Kelly m

I want to first preface this with a few comments: 1- whatever you do, pick a great photographer! your wedding day will go by so unbelievably fast and you will be so glad you had a great photographer to give you such great memories! 2- I am completely disappointed in myself... Read More for not writing this review sooner! Especially because I take a few minutes every day to go back and look at my wedding photos because I love them so much (and I got married 6 months ago). CMI was absolutely wonderful! I for one am not a huge fan of having my picture taken, especially candid shots. Somehow Chris and his wife did an amazing job of always making me feel natural and carefree so I wouldn't have the awkward stiff prom picture face. I also used Chris for my bridal portraits and same thing there. He knew I didn't want the "serious face" picture and did an excellent job keeping my laughing so they would turn out perfect! I know every bride has a vision of "feel" that she wants her wedding to have, and chris totally nailed it! I cannot tell you how many people have gone back and looked at my pictures and said "your photographer did a great job of capturing the vibe/mood of your wedding. it was exactly how I remembered it!" All of our bridal party, family photos, first dance, guest dancing, farewell pictures are beyond what I ever could have asked for! Another perk that I learned to appreciate with Chris- awesome at communicating. He was prompt with his emails, phone call returns, and ability to work with my limited time line. He also had very fast turn around on getting the pictures developed. He had my bridal portraits to me in 3-5 days and had my blown up pictures developed and delivered within the week. He also got my wedding picture to me within 6 weeks, but I have heard from other friends that have used him that he is usually much faster! I still was impressed how quickly he had them. ps- he took over 2000 photos at my wedding! to some this would be excessive, but to me i thought it was great. It was a good way to ensure that anybody that was blinking or had an awkward face wouldn't ruin a whole picture.

We LOVE CMI!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Lauren W

Chris at CMI is a fantastic photographer! My family has hired him for both mine and my sister's engagement and wedding photos, and we could not be more thrilled with all of them. He is incredibly personable and easy to work with. He has a wonderful creative eye for pictures and... Read More makes the whole process fun and lighthearted. We would definitely recommend him to anyone in the area! He even traveled from San Marcos to Waco to shoot my wedding. Chris is seriously awesome and does such wonderful work. We love him!

LOVE CMI!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Kristina M

First off, I am not great at writing, but I had to at least write a review for our vendors for our wedding. For our photography, we chose CMI out of New Braunfels. We saw them not only once, but a few times on, 1 The Knot, then San Antonio Weddings, and then at a venue that we... Read More visited as a preferred vendor. We ended up setting up a meeting and Chris even drove up from New Braunfels to Round Rock to meet, with my and my now husbands busy schedules. +1 for that! From the meeting we knew that we would want Chris to shoot our wedding. We are not very "beautiful" people into todays norm, but we felt at ease taking direction from Chris during our engagement session and ultimately our wedding. They are nothing short of genuine, hard working, and talented people and could't be more happier than how our wedding photos turned out! With SO many photographers out there it honestly is hard to pick one, but it was pretty simple picking CMI Photography for us :) ! Thank you so much!!

Picture PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Brittany W

I used CMI for my engagements, bridals, and wedding. They did an amazing job and I'm extremely happy with my photos. I did my research on TONS of photographers and believe I found the best!! They are VERY AFFORDABLE and the quality is amazing. I ordered my blown up bridals and... Read More received them within two days. I'm SO happy with their work and plan to use them in the future for my family photos! I HIGHLY recommend them! I had a 350+ wedding, they did a great job dealing with that many people and capturing every moment. They were very easy to get in touch with and got my pictures to me in a timely manner. Thank you CMI for helping make my special day the most amazing, perfect day of my life! Y'all are the BEST! Book with CMI!!!

Awesome Photographer

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Kelsie H

My husband and I were planning our wedding in New Braunfels long distance (from Dallas). We really needed to find vendors that would work with us over the phone & via email throughout the process. Chris was always available whenever I had questions, even via text when things... Read More were crazy during the day. The day of my bridals it was suppose to start raining around the time we had scheduled. Chris was willing to meet me a few hours earlier to be able to take the pictures since I had came into town just for the photo session. And on our wedding day Chris and Angie made me, my husband, the wedding party, and all our guests feel at comfortable and had fun with us. Chris also really listened to what my husband and I wanted out of our photos. And he delivered! We could not be happier with the pictures of our special day. He captured the most precious moments between us and between our guests. Thank you Chris & Angie for making our dream wedding a reality we can revisit every day through these amazing photos!

Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 courtney d

I was referred to Chris and his team by a friend of mine that got married last year. Before then me and my then fiancé searched SA, Austin photographers night and day. Photography was important to both of us so we wanted someone in our budget, but yet had the eye AND... Read More personality to help us. We met with several great photographers from SA and Austin, but we hadn't met with CMI because we were busy and couldn't schedule a time. (Our schedules were uber crazy, so Chris was awesome offering everything he could) Finally we met and our personalities matched right away. Even David was joining in the conversation! From that moment, we knew that we had to have Chris shoot our wedding. From the engagement session, which by the way was the most fun that we have had in a long time, to bridals, and to the wedding, Chris and Angie were nothing short of AMAZING! Photographers are there for pictures, not to help with carrying things in for you, helping my grandmother up and down stairs, and certainly not help steam a bridesmaids dress!! BUT they did it with a smile so we could all stay on track. Engagement, bridals, and wedding photos are phenomenal and SOOO glad that we were finally able to meet! There are great photographers out there no doubt, CMI is one of them, but what sets them out from the rest is there personalities and the instant moment that I knew we were not just clients, but a genuine friendship. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Fabulous!!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2014 Lyssa W

Chris is an incredible photographer! From our engagement pictures, to the wedding we could not be happier. Both Chris and his wife really went out of their way to make our day awesome. They paid attention to every detail! Angela showed me exactly how to cut the cake, how to hold... Read More my bouquet perfectly, and she even took me to redo my bustle at one point...way beyond what I would expect from your photographers! We had multiple compliments on him and his wife, and the pictures have turned out gorgeous. We are so glad we chose her and have no regrets. If you want to capture every moment possible book with CMI and you will have no regrets!

Great Wedding Photographer!!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Laura F

I would definitely recommend Chris and CMI Photography to other brides out there. From our first meeting until after the wedding, he answered all questions and seemed eager to help. I am not a photogenic person and our pictures came out amazing and better then I could have... Read More asked for. You do not have to give him a lot of direction, he just does his thing. I really loved that Chris and his wife, Angie teamed up together for the wedding. Chris took the pictures and his wife helped with the details. Everything from making sure my veil was in the right spot, to helping with my dress, etc. They were able to get all the details of the wedding that you miss because you are so busy with everything going on. CMI Photography offers great pictures and service, with overall good packages at a fair price!!

Love my pictures!

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Michelle N

I found CMI photography through a friend when she posted her pictures on FB. I fell in love with her photos and so glad that I booked Chris, because i fell more in love with my photos! He is such a nice guy, and does such amazing work. Gets a lot of pictures and you have tons to... Read More chose from. Chris did our engagement pictures and wedding photos and they couldn't have turned out better.So happy with everything.

Excellent Quality

Reviewed on 6/27/2014

In April of 2014 we used CMI photography for capture our wedding day. Our package included engagement, photo sign in book, 8 hours day of, bridal portraits (additional fee), and disk with pictures for each session. I found CMI via Facebook and loved their style of photography!... Read More I contacted CMI as early as I could to ensure that we would be able to use them, lucky for us we were. My husband and I have always had a long distance relationship and scheduling our engagement session proved to be a tough task. However, Chris worked with our schedules and was able to schedule our session early in the morning, allowing us to keep any other commitments we had. Chris, and is team were very professional throughout our entire engagement and made the both of us and our families feel comfortable in front of the camera. The quality of photos and the amount of photos taken are worth the price and I would suggest CMI to other brides. We received our photos this week and are extremely happy with how they turned out and felt like they caught so many details that went unnoticed due to the excitement of the day.

Pictures!

Reviewed on 6/14/2014 Laura B

CMI photography was wonderful to work with! They were extremely friendly and their photos are creative! We had 2 photographers the day of the wedding and I swear it felt like there were 4 there. They were never "in the way" but always close by snapping pictures! We were very... Read More pleased with their work on our engagement photos and can not wait to receive out wedding photos! I would recommended CMI!

Great Photos (what else can I say?)

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Christina G

Chris at CMI is great! He was super easy going and we had a lot of fun with him. He walked around downtown New Braunfels with us and took a TON of pictures and was a great sport, super patient with us the whole time. I highly recommend CMI and they were familiar with the... Read More venue we had our reception at as well as the area in general. I can't say enough good things about CMI except that I highly recommend them!

Phenomenal!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Meagan V

When searching through the suggested list of photographers from Old Glory Ranch (where we got married), we spent only a few minutes making our decision after looking through online photo albums. Something that I strongly desired in the photos was depth and personality, which I... Read More instantly saw when browsing through albums on CMI's website. I quickly emailed Chris asking/praying that he would be available for our big day to which he extremely promptly responded yes. That was something I appreciated more than anything, not having to wait several days or even hours for a response! Although we didn't actually meet in person until I was putting on my wedding dress the day of (we would have met earlier that day but with 14 bridesmaids, I was almost late to my own wedding...), I knew from our correspondence during those several months that I had made the perfect choice. I had let him know that I hated cheesy pictures and I would rather have more candid pictures taken of everyone in action. Also, something that I have experienced in too many weddings where I was a bridesmaid was that the photographer became a photo nazi and, by the time he/she was finished yelling at everyone to get in place, no one wanted to smile anymore because the mood had been ruined. On the day of the wedding, Chris and Angie were like a dream come true with their extremely professional manner and ability to make everyone feel comfortable. They were in and out of every scene, snapping pics of situations that are still making me cry from laughter and breathtaking ones that I feel should be in a magazine. We have a total of 1300ish edited pics that I have looked through from start to finish countless times (that takes several hours FYI). I hope to eventually have them ALL printed (may take me several years)... But they are that amazing that I am having trouble picking even 500 for an album. All in all, I would encourage anyone and everyone who has any sort of event, new baby, etc to contact CMI because you will be getting more than you can imagine.

Exactly what I wanted.

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Jessica S

I'm not a "sit on a log and cuddle in front of a barn" type of girl, and Chris from CMI Photography got that immediately. He really listened and had a ton of ideas to make our photos one-of-a-kind. With no exaggeration--our pictures are phenomenal. We did both our engagement... Read More photos and wedding photos with him, and I couldn't be happier. Highly, highly recommend CMI Photography.

Couldn't be Happier!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Karis F

Chris and Angie with CMI Photography were amazing!! They truly know how to give direction without being too pushy. They caputred all of the specific pictures that we wanted for our engagements, the ceremony and the reception. My husband and I are not the most graceful couple... Read More in front of the camera, Chris and Angie were able to work their majic so that we looked like we were pros! I recommend them to all of my friends looking for photographers in the New Braunfels/San Antonio area!

Artistic, Economical, Professional And Simply Breathtaking ...

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Shawnalee B

We recently had CMI take photos for our wedding and we have to say they completely exceeded our expectations! CMI was far more than everything we could have expected. In looking for photographers we wanted a multiple photographer crew, reasonable price, and artistic style.... Read More Meeting with CMI we were able to discuss with Chris what we wanted for our wedding and he worked with us to give us exactly what we wanted. In our package we got engagement photos and CMI was excellent with scheduling and meeting our needs as far as appointment times went. At the photo shoot Chris was on time, professional, fun, and scarily artistic. Walking around our location he just picked random places to shoot, but when the pictures came out they looked so candid and imaginative. We are not the most photogenic people, and along with that we can never figure out how to make a picture look good, but with Chris and his direction everything turned out PERFECT! Our photo album was available promptly online and we then received a DVD in the mail with all of our engagement photos on it a couple days later. The wedding day came and Chris and his wife did a phenomenal job! It was amazing to look at the pictures afterwards because we didn’t really realize they were there (in a good way of course!). We saw the exact same artistic, candid photos taken. They did such a great job dealing with different photographic aspects like composition and lighting, the perspective and position, and adjusting to the lighting inside the dimly lit buildings. It’s funny because most of the photos taken by my family are all blurry because of this, but the ones CMI took are crystal clear! Chris took us aside at our wedding for around 15 minutes and in that amount of time was able to take a plethora of various wedding photos of just us. Chris Ibe and CMI photography were a dream come true for our wedding! We highly recommend any event for CMI to shoot for and know that you will get the same hard working, professional, artistic, charismatic CMI Photography we got. We cannot wait to take some maternity photos with them! And if you want to talk to someone about his services just let Chris know and he will give you our number.

LOVED CMI!!!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Christi Y

All I can say is they are AMAZING!! Chris did our engagements which were BEAUTIFUL and our wedding (I've seen a sneak peek and I can't wait for the rest). He and his wife were so much fun and did phenomenal work! They are easy going, professional, open to ideas, flexible, and... Read More just AWESOME! I feel like I have known them forever! Picking a photographer is stressful, because you want someone you will like (but we LOVED), as well as someone you can trust to capture all the little things...and that they did! I would have never thought about half of what they captured! I cannot say enough about CMI other than I am so thankful my husband and I picked them, because I couldn't have imagined our wedding without them there!! I would GLADLY recommend them to anyone who is looking for a photographer to complete their wedding! :)

Amazing Photographers

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Michael N

Chris from CMI Photography did my daughter's engagement photos and wedding photos. He is just amazing! He is so easy to work with. He has a great eye and knows just what will be the perfect pictures. The wedding package is a great value - it includes engagement photos, a... Read More photo book for the guest book and wedding photos. All of our pictures were beautiful and my daughter and her husband were thrilled! We will definitely use CMI again.

An eye for the details

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Shauna K

CMI photography is a team of amazing people with a true eye for the details. Chris, in a matter of an hour, was able to capture countless images for our engagement session, it was so hard to choose just a few! Ray and Amanda have a great dynamic with each other and truly make... Read More you feel comfortable in front of the camera. I would recommend them to anyone looking to capture the details of your special day!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 4/23/2013 Michelle F

Chris & Ray from CMI Photography were amazing on our wedding day! They went above and beyond to make our day extra special. They were professional throughout the entire day, remained very approachable and very open to ideas I had for specific pictures as well as providing his... Read More own feedback and suggestions when I just had no idea what to do! They were also very personable, I have been in and experienced other weddings where photographers were very cold and standoffish but Chris & Ray were none of that! I will definitely use them in the future!

Great local photographer

Reviewed on 4/20/2013 Catelyn W

Chris was a great photographer! He was willing to try something new with our engagement pictures (on ice!), which we greatly appreciated. We were so grateful for his excitement to be a part of our special day from the first meeting. On the day of, he remained on-task and... Read More professional even when some of the wedding party weren't ready when we thought they'd be... The pricing was affordable, and the quality was impressive. I look forward to creating our photobook soon! Thanks so much!