Congress Plaza Hotel

Chicago, IL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE |

Book Your Wedding with Congress Plaza Hotel

A BALLROOM IN CHICAGO, IL

The unparalleled elegance of the ballrooms at the Congress Plaza Hotel in Chicago, Illinois, is enough to take your breath away. Add your personal touch and de´cor and your wedding ceremony and reception will be as grand as you expect.

The Gold Room has room enough for 265 guests for a reception style event and up to 350 for a ceremony. The romantic French de´cor and early 20th century architecture set a stunning backdrop for those priceless wedding day photos.

The Florentine Room is perhaps the most sought after venue at the hotel. Dating back to 1893, the beautiful ceiling is arched with intricate paintings and stunning light fixtures. This ballroom can host up to 165 guests for a reception and up to 250 guests for a ceremony.

The Great Hall offers incredible views of Grant Park and Buckingham Fountain and your 375-550 guests will surely be quite impressed with the city.

From the very start, you will be assigned a coordinator to help you along your way. The planner will assist with any questions or requests you may have throughout the process.

Also included is the catering. Couples will attend a tasting to decide on the menu for the event. The chef and his team will create a delectable meal to your liking. In addition, the package prices include four hours of open bar. To deliver this palate-pleasing meal is an impeccably, well-trained wait staff. They will also do setup and breakdown for you.

Valet parking and a coat check are available for an additional fee. The hotel provides a vendor list. A sparkling wine toast and wine service is provided with dinner. The venue provides the wedding cake. Also included are linens, candles for every table, tables and chairs.

Here are a few more pluses to hosting your wedding at the Congress Plaza Hotel for your wedding day:

• A guest room for the bride and groom for the wedding night, complete with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne
  • Complimentary upgrade in guest rooms for up to three nights for the parents of the bride and groom
  • Complimentary breakfast for bride and groom and their parents
  • Bridal party access to changing rooms during the wedding events
  • Discounted room rate for any block of rooms you set aside for your guests

Congress Plaza Hotel on Chicago's Michigan Ave

Congress Plaza is the perfect place for your Chicago wedding. Let our experienced wedding professionals walk you through the details of customizing your ideal wedding. Our dedicated staff leaves nothing to chance. We look forward to meeting with you and creating memories that will last a lifetime.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel

520 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL

Wonderful Place for your Family and Guests to stay

Reviewed on 9/22/2012 Claire J

Karen Rodriguez, Sales Manager, is the BEST to work with! We were able to book all of our rooms with a view of the lake and Karen gave us an unbelievable rate! She even extended the rate 3 days before and after the wedding. The service was fantastic and our family and guests... Read More loved the convenience of being centrally located. I highly recommend the Congress Plaza Hotel!!

PERFECT NIGHT SLEEP

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 CHRISTINE O

GOT THE SLEEP I NEEDED FOR THE NIGHT AND THEY HAD ALL THE HELP I NEEDED. FROM THE VALET ALL THE WAY TO ROOM.

Review for The Congress Plaza Hotel

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Stephanie W

Our reception venue was at a very historic hotel and provided an unbelievable 'old Chicago' feeling.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Richard C

My wife and I held our wedding reception in the Gold Room at the Congress Plaza Hotel, and it is a truly spectacular location. The hotel itself dates from the 1920s, but they've recently been updating some of the rooms, and the ones our guests stayed in were very comfortable.... Read More Our wedding booking also included usage of the bridal suite, which was spacious and gorgeous, with views across to the Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park. Our main contact throughout the process was Ruthie Howard, the hotel’s Catering Manager. Ruthie put together a wonderful reception, ably assisted by her team (we were especially grateful to Frank, who was in charge of the service during dinner and attended to our every need). Ruthie has a very laid-back style of organisation, compared to other vendors that we worked with, but there was no cause for alarm as she was on top of all the details, including viewing the Gold Room, arranging the food tasting and the menus / drink package, as well as co-ordinating with our other vendors on the day. The food itself was excellent. We were able to attend a tasting in advance, and offer a choice of dishes to our guests (with allowances made for vegetarian and gluten-free requirements). Having attended some weddings ourselves where mass-cooked food can be mediocre, we felt the taste and quality at the Congress Plaza was a definite step up, and comments from our guests agreed. The hotel also offers a tiered system of wine/bar packages, allowing flexibility according to budget. The Gold Room was set up in advance of the event, allowing us time to come in with the florist to drop off centrepieces and wedding favours on the morning, and this made things easier. We had a relatively large event (170+ people), and the Congress Plaza ensured that a complicated operation ran smoothly. Together with the beautiful surroundings of the Gold Room, our guests thoroughly enjoyed the evening, and we're very happy to recommend this venue to future couples.

A reasonably-priced hotel on Michigan Avenue

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Allison M

The views from the lake-facing rooms are spectacular, and the renovations make the hotel feel like true luxury. We booked the suite for the weekend of my wedding at the Field Museum, and it was the ideal place for all the girls to get ready and for the wedding night. Spacious... Read More and comfortable and upscale, plus a convenient location close to the wedding venue! Karen was also fantastic to work with for booking a block of rooms for our guests. She was flexible and professional the whole way through. There were some snafus: We had champagne and chocolate-strawberries delivered to our room! ...but it was a night too early so we saved them in the refrigerator and by the time we got to the strawberries they weren't too fresh anymore. Then, the night of my wedding, I came back to the hotel bar with some friends around 12:30 am and was told that we could have three bottles of champagne. They never brought them, and I ended up in an emotional fight with the bar manager, in my wedding dress. He told me they were closed-- which was fine, but I never should have been promised the bottles in the first place, in that case! Not such great service on a night that was supposed to be happy and carefree! Overall, a reasonably-priced hotel on Michigan Avenue. It costs much less than the Renaissance Blackstone, but I suppose you get what you pay for. And it's still better than the Essex!

This Venue made our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/15/2012 victoria c

Everything went so smooth at Congress and Sohana and her staff were so helpful and nice throughout the entire process. I thought they were affordable compared to the rest of downtown chicago venues. Our guest raved about the ballroom as well!

Beautiful but pricy

Reviewed on 11/12/2010 Abbey H

The hotel itself is really neat and a unique space for a wedding and reception. The Florentine Room (where the ceremony was held) and The Gold Room (where the reception was held) are beautiful. These rooms are breathtaking! Slavyana, the Catering Manager, is amazing! She... Read More planned everything perfectly and helped make our day great. The food was also delicious and Krista, the chef, is wonderful. The catering and event staff is beyond amazing. The front desk staff, however, was terrible. Many of our guests had difficulty booking their rooms and had issues with getting service. Again, the food was great and there was a ton of it. It is an older hotel, and some of the guest rooms were not quite up to par - you will not get the modern amenities. The only true complaint I had/have (and this is not necessarily the hotel's fault) was the strikers in front of the hotel on our wedding day and a huge protest across the street. The only reason I gave four stars instead of five is because the rooms are hit or miss, the front desk staff, and the strikers outside the building. Slavyana and Krista are the best. They were wonderful to work with and I would certainly work with them again. I would recommend this hotel for any event or wedding.

Review for Congress Plaza Hotel

Reviewed on 9/09/2007 Vanessa C

The Gold Room (the ballroom our reception was in) was stunning. I don't think there is a prettier room in Chicago.;HORRIBLE staff/management that are very uneducated and unhelpful. Their actions show their lack or professionalism and courtesy. Also there are people on strike... Read More outside the building picketing, which has been going on for at least 4 years. They were giving my guests and my bridal party a hard time as we were entering the hotel. In general, very poor staff service.