Custom Designed Wedding Cakes

Making the world a happier place, one cake at a time. That's our motto, and what could be a happier occasion than a wedding. Our wedding cakes look fantastic and taste even better thanks to our special butter cream icing. We also do fondant and cupcakes. If you can imagine it we can create it.

Cake Accessories, Cakes + Desserts

1416 Robinson Rd, Grand Rapids, MI (616) 455-6214

Talk About Won-der-ful!

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Heather J

Connie's cakes is absolutely fabulous! Their staff is so personable and their cakes taste out of this world! The simple vanilla cake with butter-cream frosting was my favorite. When we tested their cake at our tasting I knew right away it was our place. Pinky, the cake... Read More designer, sat down with us and built a cake from scratch. My husband and I are an off-beat couple and didn't want the traditional wedding cake. Pinky built us a cake suited to us and blew us away with it! I LOVED OUR CAKE! Our guests loved the sheet cakes we got as well. If you want a place with delicious cake, amazing bakers and one hell of a cake artist, go to Connie's Cakes!

YUM

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Abby H

Connie's Cakes were incredible! We had cupcakes for our dessert AND centerpieces in lieu of flowers. We gave them a general idea of what we wanted them to look like and they ended up looking fabulous. They even set up all 280 cupcakes on the tiers for us for only $25!! Also,... Read More how could I NOT include how delicious they were? We had both chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting. EVERYONE loved them!

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Elizabeth B

They were AMAZING! I was in the hospital for our wedding day and managed to reschedule the wedding for 3 weeks later and everyone at Connie's Cakes were so great to us. Even though they had already started to make the cakes they understood our situation and were soooo nice... Read More about it. They made us our cakes 3 weeks later AND at NO additional charge! It speaks volumes about how amazing this company truly is! I would recommend them to anyone! And the cake was soooo yummy!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Jen D

My cake from Connie's was lovely and delicious! We decided on a small cake to cut and three different flavors of cupcakes, all of which our guests loved! Everything turned out exactly as we ordered it and was delivered on time with no problems. Connie's is so easy to work... Read More with - you will be happy you chose them!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Lindsey H

This is the first review I have written on The Knot but I was so disappointed by my experience, I felt I should give a heads up to other brides. Pros: - Seems affordable until all the add-on's start coming in (delivery, filling, etc.) - Flexible with meeting time - Good... Read More location - The cake portion of the cupcake was good Cons: - State of the bakery: it looks pretty rough when you go in, I think there were six cupcakes total in the display and everything seemed dusty - Staff: while the initial person I emailed with was quick to respond and helpful, the person we met with for the tasting seemed very annoyed to have to meet with us and disinterested/bored with my questions/concerns. She just didn't seem like someone that should be a sales person. Not friendly. She did seem to know what she was doing cake-design wise just very poor delivery. - The tasting: we were brought a chocolate and a vanilla cupcake with the same frosting on each and told if we wanted to try something else, we could purchase one of the cupcakes from the display. Said this is all that is included in the tasting. When I stated my surprise, the staff member said this is how cake tastings go. I mentioned I am going to be spending hundreds on a cake and just want to make sure it tastes good and she just stared at me. She ended up giving me the cupcake we were going to purchase free of charge but I am guessing this is because I stated my disappointment in the experience. - The buttercream frosting: I don't know if it was just a bad batch but the serving we had was not good. From all of the reviews I have seen, I am guessing I just landed the wrong staff member for my tasting but I would recommend having a back up plan in place.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Jennifer B

my cake was BEAUTIFUL... it was everything we wanted it to be! Delicious, moist, and decorations were amazing!! :) My gluten sensitive people were impressed as well-they said they were amazing as well! you cannot go wrong with them! we will be back for more througout the... Read More year and will even be using our free 1st anniversary cake when it's time!! THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Sara S

We were originally going to go with the baker provided by our venue but the frosting wasn't great. One of my bridesmaids found Connie's Cakes for my bridal shower and it was so delicious! I called them with fingers crossed, as it was just one month before the wedding and they... Read More agreed to make us a two tier cake for the wedding party and 130 cupcakes. Delicious! I can't wait to order from them again in the future!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Justine Z

Great place to work with. Had great flavors and customer service. Always responded to my questions in a timely manner.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Katy B

So many compliments on the mini cupcakes! Went over extremely well!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Ashley S

I'm not going to lie, I did shop around at other vendors for wedding cakes and I found that other shops were offering less (and dry) cake for way more. So I went to Connie's cake after reviews from the Knot and it did NOT disappoint. The cake was absolutely delicious and they... Read More hit our price point way more than any other vendor. From day one we had a great meeting and they were super open to anything we threw their way. The way our wedding cake turned out was exactly what they sent them and everyone complimented how good the cake was. Connie's cake is certainly the way to go for a wedding cake! They will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Nicole M

BEAUTIFUL cake and the cupcakes they were so gorgeous. every thing tasted so yummy. we were so impressed with the service. we had them deliver every thing to the reception place and they set up the cake and cup cakes and every thing looked so beautiful. :)

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Ahleetha R

The cake and the cupcakes were amazing. And our guests loved the designs Connie's Cupcakes did. Thank you guys so much for making our day beautiful with the fun cupcakes!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Lindsey M

Working with Mary at Connie's Cakes was a breeze. She was responsive to my phone calls and emails and they delivered the most beautiful cake ever. I wish I could attach a picture because words cannot describe it, but I will try :) We ordered a two-tier naked wedding cake with... Read More decorative frosting and it was absolutely stunning. Connie's Cakes well surpassed my expectations. The placement of the fresh flowers was beautiful and most importantly, the cake was delicious! We had spice cake, oreo cake, and confetti cake all with cream cheese frosting and there was nothing left by the end of the night. Everyone raved about how great the cake was. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Kelsey O

Connie's Cakes did an excellent job on our wedding cake! The staff was very easy to work with and the cake was beautiful and delicious!

Cute and Delicious

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Melinda H

Connie was very easy to work with, everything was coordinated well with the venue, she worked to make a super cute cake with a budget and a lot of people told me how pretty and delicious it was!

Good cake

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Lindsey G

Connie's cakes did a great job of modeling the cake exactly how we wanted from a picture we sent.

Cupcake Queen

Reviewed on 1/15/2015 Leslie T

Connie's cakes provided the cupcakes and a small cake for cutting for our reception. The prices were reasonable and the quality of the cakes were out of this world. Also we received a coupon for a free one year anniversary cake. I planning on stopping by connie's every time I... Read More make it back to Michigan just to pick up a cupcake or two. If you are looking for a good local business to do you wedding cake, go with Connie's!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 5/31/2014 Megan H

Our wedding cake was amazing and was a fair. All of our guest loved it and commented on how moist the cake was. All of our guest loved it as much as we did. I would recommend them to anyone! The designer Pinkie is amazing and really easy to work with.

Great Cake

Reviewed on 11/16/2013 Brianne D

Connie's Cakes were great! I needed a cake last minute and they were very accommodating. The cake they made me was wonderful and tasted great. I would recommend Connie's Cakes to anyone who asked!

Wedding

Reviewed on 9/21/2013 Sam H

My cupcakes were amazing. They tasted delicious. They even set them up for me and they looked awesome.

So yummy!

Reviewed on 7/25/2013 Sara P

So easy to work with and the cake was delicious. Love how they are close by and on our one year anniversary we are already planning on ordering cupcakes with our wedding flavors.

Amazing Cupcakes!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Mackenzie M

I'm so glad I found Connie's Cakes to do the head table cake and cupcakes for all of my guests at the wedding! I was able to take a picture I found online and bring it in to the designers and they matched the cake just as I was imagining it! Not to mention the cupcakes tasted... Read More absolutely wonderful! I highly recommend the spice cake with cream cheese frosting, and we also had vanilla cake with vanilla frosting that was very tasty as well. Also, very well priced!

Excited, satisfied bride!

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Hayley J

Connie's Cakes is owned by a baker in GR with a heart of gold. Everybody knows who they are as their kind sweet and helpful nature is one that you'll see from the moment you walk into the bakery until they wish you luck on your big day. They work with any budget and also any... Read More dietary needs. Best part; going home with wedding cake samples before we chose our flavor (such a treat!) and they give you a one year anniversary cake coupon for after you've been married a year. So sweet! :)

Delicious and Affordable!

Reviewed on 1/29/2013 Kayla K

Connie's Cakes was perfect for my wedding! Not only does the cake look amazing, but it tastes delicious and is so affordable! They are such a variety of styles and flavors. Basically any thing you want, they can do! The staff is very friendly and did an amazing job!

Loved It

Reviewed on 11/17/2012 Angela P

The service I got at Connie's was great - Mary, the owner, was great to work with, she had some awesome suggestions and gave me some cake samples to taste. I consider myself a bit of a cake snob - and these tasted AMAZING! We ended up having Connie's do cupcakes for our... Read More wedding. We had a small 6" round cake that we put our cake topper on and used for the cake cutting. The cupcakes were amazing and exactly what I wanted. They delivered and set up the cupcakes at the reception hall. All of this - AND they were VERY reasonably priced!