Book Your Wedding with Cosmopolitan

A BALLROOM IN WAYNE, NJ

With a dramatic, angular black-and-white facade and elegant private event rooms inside, Cosmopolitan is the height of New Jersey elegance. This special event facility in Wayne, New Jersey, has space for wedding ceremonies and receptions in a classy, glamorous indoor setting. Cosmopolitan also features some landscaped outdoor areas where you can take beautiful wedding photos with your sweetheart or exchange vows in the fresh air. The indoor portion of the venue offers plenty of stunning contemporary decor to provide a great backdrop for candid wedding reception and ceremony photos. The private event space at Cosmopolitan consists of two distinct ballrooms.

The diamond ballroom. The diamond ballroom is Cosmopolitan's crown jewel. This 5,000-square-foot room features a dramatic grand staircase where the happy couple can make their wedding reception entrance and pose for glamorous wedding photos. The largest event room at Cosmopolitan, the diamond ballroom has a 400-guest capacity.

The four seasons room. The four seasons room is smaller, but just as elegant. With a maximum guest capacity of 180, this smaller room is suitable for intimate weddings with exclusive guest lists.

Outside catering is not allowed at Cosmopolitan, which has its own catering staff on hand to provide food for your wedding reception. The venue allows couples to create customized menus to suit their wedding reception dinner needs. The venue offers a list of recommended vendors for a variety of other services.

Cosmopolitan has a grand outdoor entrance that sets the tone from the moment guests arrive in the parking lot. There's a covered drop-off area right at the building's front doors where limo drivers and other chauffeurs can let wedding party members and guests enter the building in style. A spacious pre-function area provides space for guests to gather before they make their way into one of the two ballrooms at Cosmopolitan.

Reviews for Cosmopolitan praise the venue's staff and menus but note that Cosmopolitan does host more than one event per day, so there may be some event space overlap in the venue's public spaces. You'll have exclusive use of the room you rent, and if you rent both, you can have the whole place to yourself.

Cosmopolitan is the second generation event facility to occupy the building, and some reviews may use the business' old name, the Chalet. Thanks to recent renovation efforts, Cosmopolitan is a fresh, modern place to host a wedding event.

Enjoy these extra perks as part of your wedding cost at Cosmopolitan:

• In-house event planning staff with decades of experience
  • Private bridal suite changing rooms attached to both ballrooms

Above & Beyond - New, Upscale, Contemporary - Chic

Your wedding is a special occasion which needs an exceptional setting to create lasting memories. Cosmopolitan is among the finest wedding venues in New Jersey. Our spacious rooms will accommodate weddings from 75 to 400 guests amidst a chic, contemporary decor. We have the perfect banquet facility, with lush, manicured gardens and grounds, to provide a stunning setting for ceremonies and photography. Our site includes a magnificent, 5,000 square foot Diamond Ballroom as well as a more intimate but stunning Four Seasons Room. Both contain staircases leading directly into the room from lush bridal suites. A vast pre-function room will be set to create an everlasting impression on your guests in both comfort and style.

Ballroom, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1377 Rt 23 S, Wayne, NJ (973) 633-5111

Best bridal shower ever!

Reviewed on 8/15/2012 Jennifer M

My bridal shower was held here and it was amazing! The waitstaff was so accommodating and nice! They made sure all the guests were well taken care of as well as myself! The food was so good! It was a really great time!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 11/20/2010 Caren B

Our wedding was very beautiful. We had our ceremony outside and reception inside. It was wonderful and the food was AWESOME. I would use the Chalet as a venue for other events. Only bad thing is that because there are more than one wedding going on at the same time there you... Read More have the chance of having a bride from another event walk through your reception area (which happened to me, thank goodness none of my guest were there).

Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2010 Karen H

I cannot praise this place enough. The entire staff was so fantastic!! From the very first meeting through the wedding reception everyone was very accommodating. We were married a month ago and our guests are still raving about the food. All of our guests were blown away by... Read More everything. Our Maitre’d Scott was perfect; very professional but personable. He was very attentive to my husband and myself, making sure we had everything we wanted and more! Our day was flawless thanks to the staff at the Grand Chalet. We would highly recommend them and have. We could not have been happier with the Grand Chalet!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Tina B

My wedding was in April 2017. Our special day exceeded my expectations. Thanks to Eileen & Scott. My husband and I couldn't have asked for anything more.! Such a beautiful venue!

So great!

Reviewed on 7/04/2015 Tamara E

I had my wedding at the Grand Chalet/Cosmopolitan on July 2, 2015. They're in the middle of renovations, but what they have done so far looks so beautiful! Eileen was really helpful throughout the whole process and went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. The... Read More guests raved about the food, desserts, and cake and felt the room looked beautiful. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out!

Ceremony & Reception Site

Reviewed on 12/14/2010 Keriann C

A beautiful site to have a wedding. The food was tasty & nicely presented and the price is great because you get so much included in the packages. Had some minor miscommunication, but I was able to resolve it by changing some of my plans last minute.

A bit of confusion...

Reviewed on 10/11/2010 mike P

Besides my cake being the wrong color, and paying for chair covers for my band (that were never set up so my band had to eat in my bridal suite), and also with the fact that it took 2 hours to serve dinner..it was a very nice place. The food was great and our matrondee was even... Read More greater. He was very attentive and made sure that my husband and I were happy. For larger groups, I would suggest that dinner start immediately as guests are seated. Because it took 2 hours to serve, my band was not able to play the 3 sets that they were contracted for (since we lost one hour of party time). In all, the food was great and the staff was wonderful; I just regret not walking into the room before the event so that I could have noticed the wrong cake and the missing table and chair covers that I paid for.

Meet The President

Eileen

With over 22 years of experience as a banquet venue entrepreneur, Eileen successfully transformed her prior venue with a multi-million dollar transformation to an upscale, contemporary-chic venue. Although it was a long hall, it was well worth it, as there is a lot of "Buzz" and excitement for the opening of Cosmopolitan. Her passion for the business reflects in her success and her team continues to stand behind to help her exceed . . . Above and Beyond.