Courtyard Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Nestled on the scenic shores of Kona, Hawaii, the Courtyard Marriott King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel is a Big Island facility featuring stunning ocean views, top-notch dining and a full-service spa. Considered one of the top wedding worthy hotels in Hawaii, there’s 20,000 feet of venue space available for those once-in-a-lifetime events. Offering both indoor and outdoor accommodations for weddings, over 20 different spaces are available for receptions, ceremonies, vow renewals and other related celebrations. Following are details about the hotel’s most popular sites for weddings.

Kamakahonu Ballroom. With 5,200 square feet of overall space, this contemporary ballroom can host 600 guests for a ceremony or as many as 350 for a banquet-style dinner reception. Designed with warm tones and festive chandeliers resembling tropical flowers, the room also includes an adjoining pre-function space, which can also be used for a post-ceremony cocktail hour with 175 guests. A versatile area, the ballroom can be divided into four individual spaces, making it an optimal choice for more intimate gatherings. When divided into quarters, there is 1,300 square feet of space available per room, which can each accommodate 125 people for a ceremony or 70 for a banquet dinner.

Honu's Restaurant. Boasting an island-inspired decor, this restaurant has two spaces ready for a reception. The lower level of the restaurant can handle up to 108 people for dinner, while as many as 75 guests can be accommodated in Honu’s Private Room. The private room is also available for cocktails, where as many as 175 guests can gather.

Luau and Imu Grounds. These combined outdoor spaces provide a dazzling oceanfront setting for an outdoor celebration. Whether a ceremony or reception, the grounds are ideal for a lavish affair. For a cocktail reception, up to 750 guests can gather in the spot, while there’s a maximum of 360 people permitted for a banquet-style dinner. A ceremony on either the Luau or Imu Grounds can accommodate up to 500 guests. The grounds can be used individually as well. For banquet receptions, the Imu Grounds can hold 70 people, while the Luau Grounds are able to host up to 300.

Oceanfront Ceremony. Located on a beachfront patio with black rocky breakers to catch the crashing waves, couples can say ?I do? with the ocean sprawl and rolling mountains as their backdrop. Guests sit on folding chairs that are arranged in theater-style seating to watch the vows.

Because there are so many space options available for wedding celebrations, couples interested in getting married at the hotel should contact staff members to go over the specifics of all the sites. For example, there are a number of outdoor ceremony sites available in addition to the oceanfront site. One option is for couples to exchange vows right on the beach with the sand between their toes. Also available for receptions are the hotel’s formal gardens and a manicured lawn area. For more relaxed events, there’s two poolside venues that are available for receptions as well.

There’s a ceremony wedding package available, which includes seating for 50 guests, a decorated gazebo and a licensed officiant to handle the ceremony, which takes place at the oceanfront ceremony site. Additional chairs are available to rent at a per-unit fee.

Catering is provided by the hotel and couples can choose to have a plated or buffet dinner. There are also a number of hors d’oeuvres and display stations available for receptions, which include treats like kalua pig and cabbage, oysters on ice and coconut-fried shrimp.

Site rentals for receptions are four hours in duration. To rent a reception site, an additional fee is required on top of the ceremony package and this charge is determined based on the space selected. Additional hours are available and they require an additional fee per each extra hour. Many wedding services are available for an additional fee, including floral arrangements, entertainment and photography.

Some of the perks offered by the hotel to help make your event extra special include:

• An eight-inch wedding cake
  • An orchid lei for bride
  • Maile lei for groom
  • Bouquets and boutonnieres
  • Live one-hour ukulele performance for ceremony

The Beachfront Hawaiian Wedding Of Your Dreams

Our Kona Beach Hotel offers several locations where we can conduct your ceremony including the beach site, garden and historic King Kamehameha's ceremonial site, facing the beautiful Kailua Village and Hualalai mountain range. Rated one of the Top 10 Wedding Worthy Hotels for Hawaiian Weddings.

$ – Inexpensive

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Garden, Historic Venue, Hotel, Park, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

75-5660 Palani Road, Kailua-Kona, HI (808) 331-6332

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Anita D

We got married in Marriott Courtyard King Kamehameha's Beach Hotel and it was truly our dream wedding. I cannot say enough great things about this venue. First off, the wedding planner, Melanie, is amazing and worked really closely with me on every single detail. She was able to... Read More execute what I had in mind down to every single detail. Since we were planning a destination wedding, we communicated mainly through email (although she was always available via phone as well). She was extremely responsive to all of my questions and always came prepared with ideas on how to execute my very detailed vision. Before the actual wedding day, she helped set-up a luau the night before our wedding, which was a welcome dinner and went out of her way to make sure we got the very best deal. She even helped ensure we got the best spots at the event and put welcome bags out on each of our guests' spots. On the actual day of our wedding, she managed all the details, so I did not have to worry about a thing. She had such a great attitude and was available to meet as often or as little as we needed before the big day. Secondly, the venue itself is absolutely stunning. All of my guests stayed at the hotel and loved the beach and the pool bar. This is one of the only hotels in Kona that has a beach, so they especially loved that. The hotel has a coffee shop inside along with a ABC store, which definitely came in handy! The venue is located in a small beach town with lots of restaurants and bars and shops nearby, which my guests loved too. The actual event site that we had our event on was the luau grounds, which overlooks the water, but is on concrete, so we did not have to worry about sand. We had our ceremony, cocktail reception, and dinner reception all at the same site, and we could not have asked for a better, more picturesque event. Everyone commented that the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding as well. Our pictures are amazing because Melanie did an amazing job with our centerpieces and decorations. The site itself is off a bit from the main hotel, so we felt like it was completely private with no random people walking around. The site also has private bathrooms for your guests, so they do not need to walk back to the hotel. I did a lot of price comparisons for a destination wedding (we are coming from DC), and I looked at virtually every hotel on every island, and King Kam, was by far the best deal out there. For the perfect view and location, this price was unbeatable and the customer service was great. At the end of our event, all of our guests commented that this was the best wedding they had ever been to. The next day after the wedding, we also hosted a farewell brunch on the property, and the breakfast was amazing. I can continue writing pages on our experience with Melanie and this venue, but I am always available for specific questions you may have as well, so please feel free to reach out to me. This was my dream wedding at the most perfect venue and I would highly recommend it to anyone in search for a destination wedding venue that wants it to be low-stress, low-cost, but beautiful.

GET MARRIED HERE

Reviewed on 6/19/2014

The pictures done do this place justice. The setting is absolutely perfect! Ronnie, the event co-ordinater is AMAZING! She worked her butt off for us, and I was VERY specific. She found us amazing vendors for everything, and gave us lots of great ideas for fun things to include.... Read More The food was SO GOOD!! We also stayed at the hotel for our honeymoon and it was great, location is perfect, close to everything, staff is CRAZY friendly. They gave us free parking for getting married there, saved us $14/day.

2014-06-20T14:31:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review. It was so much fun planning your wedding and we are extremely happy the Event, the staff and accommodations created a perfect time in Hawaii.

MOST INCREDIBLE DAY OF MY LIFE

Reviewed on 6/05/2014

ronnie.......I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart, you are absolutely amazing!!!!!!! I could have not done it without you, not only did you assist me in planning my wedding but made it the most incredible day of my life. You are the most genuine loving person... Read More ever…………………………….. I am the most nervous, stress full, anxious person you will ever meet, and you were able to calm me down, thank you for that, I have never met someone who has been able to do that!!!!!! Your willingness and humbleness is absolutely envious…… Thank you Thank you Thank you

2014-06-20T14:50:21 Response from the vendor

What a great feeling to know at the end of the day you can make a special wish come true. Such kind words but it was you and your family that made it all come true for you.

A memorable wedding....

Reviewed on 3/31/2014

King Kamehameha Hotel made our wedding dream a reality...it was exactly what we wanted. The hotel staff was so accommodating and met all our expectations! Our coordinator, Veronica Claveran and the rest of the planning staff handled it so well that we have no complaints what... Read More so ever! Veronica was so helpful and arranged everything so perfectly. In fact, she was at our ceremony to ensure everything went smoothly. Our guest loved the Hawaiian buffet....everything was fresh and our servers were prompt in providing everything that was needed….excellent banquet service. My friends and family are still raving about the food and best of all is the location for our ceremony. We shared our wedding vows overlooking the ocean and our pictures looked like postcards. I looked over 7 different wedding venues but nothing compared to what I was looking for: reasonable price, the scenery and especially the excellent and prompt service, it couldn’t be beat!! With a beautiful view of the ocean, an organized program, raving reviews of the buffet and excellent prompt service, what more could any wedding couple want. We envisioned a beautiful and smooth wedding and that is exactly what we got. Thank You King Kam for making our wedding party a special and memorable one.

2014-06-20T15:02:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Most importantly you both were able to have a memorable event to share with your family and friends.

Perfect setting

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 sheri s

The King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel was the perfect place for our ceremony and reception. They have many choices for settings - we were able to be married on the oceanfront and have our reception on the lawn by the beach. They even bumped us up from a standard room to a... Read More suite as a surprise, complimentary! Their coordinator Stephen was extremely helpful and patient, the service and catering couldn't have been beat. It was just so beautiful and easy, not to mention, the price was incredible! I will recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a very large OR very small wedding!

Honeymoon

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Annaliesse K

We were here for our honeymoon, the room was nice and big and it had all that we needed. The pool and beach were close so that we didn't have to travel far. We were also able to rent kayaks and snorkle gear to have a little more fun with the surroundings. We were also close so... Read More that we were able to walk around Kona and be able to get food and it is also near the airport. The only downside was that we had to pay for parking each night, and we had to pay for all of our meals.

Great Place!!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2012 Faye N

The staff during the wedding were exceptional, anything we needed was done. It was a little hard to get in touch with the catering manager in the beginning of my planning but as the wedding got closer the service was great:) You get a lot more for your money at this hotel as... Read More well!

Ceremony & reception

Reviewed on 4/23/2012 Natasha D

Catering office was not in conatact with us throughout most of the planning untill last minuet.

great!

Reviewed on 3/18/2011 Leona K

comfortable accomodations

Review for King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jaimes T

The hotel is one of the oldest in Kona, and was very authentic in decor and music and everything. The staff were super helpful and would answer emails and phone calls right away. Awesome beach location for the ceremony and reception!! We could bring a cake in from any bakery we... Read More wanted and didn't have to go through the hotel's bakery.;The room we had for our wedding night had not been renovated in quite some time. For the rest of the hotel, the old Hawaiian ambiance is great, but it would be nice if the guest rooms were a bit more up to date.