Crabtree's Kittle House

Chappaqua, NY

Capacity: Up to 200 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Crabtree's Kittle House

Built in 1790, Crabtree's Kittle House combines country charm, historic character and relaxed atmosphere along with critically acclaimed progressive American cuisine and friendly, professional service to make your wedding day a wonderful experience. The beautiful Atrium Carriage Room is the perfect

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall, Barn/Farm, Inn/B&B, Mansion/Historic Site, Restaurant

11 Kittle Rd, Chappaqua, NY

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 4/30/2014 c k

We had our wedding here last weekend and I cannot imagine a more perfect place to have held it. The food was incredible, the venue was beautiful and the staff was amazing. They were so accommodating and helpful all through the process. Kimberly Ann, the events coordinator, made helpful suggestions and gave so much attention to detail. And Gus, our Maitre'd, made sure that everything went exactly according to plan! When we went for our tasting, to select the final menu, it was both romantic and delicious...and the food was just as good at the reception! The wines they selected were a perfect accompaniment. If you're getting married in Westchester County, NY, this is the place to go! I will definitely use them again, next time I have a party to cater!

Fantastic Venue and Service

Reviewed on 3/01/2014 Anny V

Planning a wedding is supposed to be stressful right? However working with Kimberly and Gustavo made planning my wedding a complete breeze!. They were available whenever I needed them, giving me suggestions and just making the whole process simple and fun. Kimberly was always available to answer any question even if I had already asked it before! When the day finally came everything went smoothly, they were present without being intrusive. On our special day we were able to enjoy our time with our family and friends and not have to worry about anything because Kimberly and Gustavo had already taken care of it. The food was fantastic all our guests enjoyed everything from the cocktail hour to dessert. We had an outdoor wedding in October. The setting was beautiful. Both my husband and I highly recommend this venue for any and every special occasion!

Simply Wonderful

Reviewed on 1/27/2014 Beret F

From our first visit to the Kittle House, we were so happy with the service we received. Everyone worked so hard to make the day perfect. Kimberly Ann and Gustavo were both so sweet. Every meeting with anyone from the Kittle House was a pleasure. We are just glad we can go back to the restaurant for many celebrations to come! I would recommend them to anyone.

A Perfect Wedding Day

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Lauren N

After viewing many wedding venues in Westchester County, we decided to look at Crabtree's Kittle House - and we are so glad we did! Tiffany (our eventual event planner) was very prompt in responding to my initial inquiry and was so kind over the phone. When we first arrived, Tiffany had booklets of past weddings for us to view, she took time to answer all of our questions and give us a tour of the site. The main atrium room with the adjacent garden was so intimate and was one of the main reasons we fell in love with this venue. We waited less than 2 weeks to sign a contract. Throughout the entire process, Tiffany was available via phone and email anytime. She always responded promptly and would answer numerous questions graciously. She constantly had additional suggestions, but never pushed me to change what my vision was. She was always polite, kind, professional and trustworthy. She thought of everything we needed and executed it perfectly. I wasn't nervous about the reception because I knew things were going to be perfect because Tiffany was at the helm. Our wedding was a success because of Tiffany, I have no idea what I would have done without having her every step of the way. The food was incredible and our guests could not stop talking about the variety and quantity of food available throughout our reception. The entire staff was polite and accommodating with whatever we needed for any guests (allergies, gluten free, etc). The staff was efficient and prompt through the entire evening but were never obtrusive. I remember saying to my husband "I wish we could get married here everyday" because of how perfect everything was during the reception. There was not a single thing I would change about the day. Having our wedding at Crabtree's Kittle House was the best decision we made and would recommend them to anyone having a wedding in the area. Thank you Tiffany and the rest of Crabtree's Kittle House staff for our perfect wedding day.

A gorgeous setting for a wedding!

Reviewed on 6/24/2015 Kallie V

I cannot say enough positive things about the Kittle House. I discovered the Kittle House about a year and a half before my wedding date, and knew from the second I walked in that I wanted to get married there. The venue is charming, historic, unique, and beautiful. Also, the food is amazing. We had dinner at their restaurant multiple times to taste test the food before our wedding. Working with Kimberly while planning the wedding was such a breeze - she responded to every single email I sent her (even when I was starting to get a little crazy and was sending 10 a day!), she always had great suggestions, always was willing to help, and always made me feel calm during all of that planning stress. The night of the reception went so smoothly - I cannot think of a single thing that went wrong. That was all due to Kimberly and the Maitre'd Leo. They were both phenomenal! We received so much positive feedback from guests about how they were blown away by the venue, food, and the service. My husband and I highly recommend the Kittle House!

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Vanessa K

Everything about the KittleHouse is perfection! The ambiance, food, customer service, attention to detail etc. Kimberly the event coordinator made everything so much less anxiety inducing. She is a pro and really takes the time to make sure your day is extra special! I could not recommend it more!

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 Sara O

My husband and I are so glad we had our wedding at the Kittle House. It's a beautiful location (it photographs really well), the food is delicious and the staff is incredible. Kimberly Ann, the event coordinator, was so helpful throughout the entire planning process by offering guidance and suggestions, answering all of our questions, and being accommodating to all of our ideas and requests. Her calm, happy attitude was part of the reason we chose the Kittle House - we could tell she really loves her job and that our wedding would be in very good hands. On the day of, Kimberly and our Maitre'D, Leo, were there making sure everything ran smoothly and all of our guests had a wonderful time. We would definitely recommend the Kittle House for your wedding or event.

Surpassed all expectations!

Reviewed on 11/08/2014

I did not grow up dreaming of my wedding. I didn't have a clear vision in mind. Even after my now husband and I got engaged in August 2013, I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted my wedding to be. But we started to look around and quickly determined that we didn't want a cookie cutter wedding experience at a catering hall. We were looking for a warm and intimate space outside of Manhattan but still convenient for our city-based guests. We wanted a unique feel with a mix of class and country, where it would feel like "us" without being overdone. I don't like to use the word "perfect" because it's not a goal buzz word for what I strive for in my own life. But I know my husband and I would say and have said that we had a perfect wedding at Crabtree's Kittle House. We were blessed with a gorgeous and brisk fall Sunday in October for our afternoon affair. Kimberly had partnered closely, patiently, and delightfully with us since the winter, answering all our questions and tending to all our needs. On the day of the wedding the entire Kittle House staff - including Kimberly and Gustavo - ensured that we wanted for nothing. We were happy and worry-free guests at our own wedding. When I think of us standing under the chuppah together in that serene garden surrounded by our loved ones I want to relive the day again and again. It was the most incredible experience which surpassed our expectations. It was even more special that we spent two nights at the inn right after the wedding so we could hold onto the wedding energy for days after. Plus we already booked a weekend at the inn for our one year anniversary. We look forward to years ahead of joyous memories shared at the Kittle House. Getting married at the Kittle House was the wedding I never knew I wanted and now cannot imagine not having had. Kimberly, thank you again and again.

Kittle House is a great place for a wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

I got married here almost two months ago and could not of been happier with my wedding. The staff at the Kittle House is top notch and takes care of every detail imaginable. Kimberly Ann and Gustavo are great at what they do and will make you feel at ease that everything is always under control .They work very hard and are obviously pros. The scenery outside is also great for a wedding and the food is very good as well. I couldn't recommend it more. Thanks for all you do!

My Dream Wedding Came True

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Michelle A

My wedding on September 5th at the Kittle House was a dream come true it was lovely, elegant and beautiful thanks in large part to the efforts of Kimberly, Gustavo, and her entire staff. Everything went smoothly and perfectly and I can not think of anything that I wish had gone differently. When it came time to leave, I was very impressed with the way Kimberly had organized and packaged everything for us, not to mention all the work they put in to setting up for the wedding, they ROCK!!! The food was delicious, the setting just lovely and the atmosphere warm and friendly. Just perfect for a wonderful wedding experience.

Exceptional Staff and Service

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

I simply cannot say enough to praise the staff for their exceptional attention to detail and their indefatigable spirit! The experience we had at Crabtree's Kittle House for our son's wedding was flawless. Kimberly and Gustavo were not only creative and helpful with suggestions, but their performance level on the wedding day was beyond compare. Their professional expertise was evident in all aspects of the wedding weekend. The food and wine selections received so many compliments from the guests; we had anticipated as much because we had been impressed with the many exquisite options we had tasted at the "tasting" arranged a month or two before the wedding. Kimberly's grace and generosity of spirit made the wedding one of pure pleasure and relaxation for us! We highly recommend this venue and the staff for any event, be it business or family.

Crabtree Kittle House wedding wow!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

September 20, 2014. A perfect wedding! Our son and his beautiful bride were married at the Crabtree's Kittle House and then the party began! Everything from start to finish was perfect. From organization to attention to every detail. From the amazing grounds to the wonderful ballroom to the food and wine(that we are still getting such fabulous compliments on). Kimberly Ann and Gustavo are the most dedicated professionals who work seamlessly with their team. Everyone works tirelessly to ensure a beautiful and flawless celebration. Can't say enough about Kimberly. She goes so far beyond her title of wedding coordinator. She's always available and organized. She speaks softly and soothingly and is quick with a smile. Yet no detail escapes her. She truly loves what she does and this is demonstrated in all that she does. Gustavo is a maitre d' extraordinaire - always present and in charge. Always on top and ahead of any situation which may need his attention. He was truly hiding in plain sight -a master of multi tasking. Gustavo is another individual at the top of his game and loving what he does. The grounds are fantastic and the food was incredibly delicious. Our friends and family can't stop talking about it. Not only was it tasty but also paired remarkably with the perfect wines. The food was plentiful and the desserts were the perfect sweet ending to a fairy tale event! Thank you to everyone at Crabtree 's Kittle House!!!

Exceptional venue with stellar staff

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Crabtree's Kittle House proved to be the perfect venue for our wedding, and we recommend it to other couples wholeheartedly! The setting itself is beautiful, replete with historical charm and stunning vistas. The thoughtfulness of the owners/management is evident at every turn, from the tasteful decor to the carefully curated menus. What truly sets it apart -- if we were forced to pick just one thing -- was the superlative level of service. John, Kim, Leo, Gustavo, Amie, and every member of their staff went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding was a dream come true! Wonderfully professional, responsive, accommodating, warm, and ever ready to suggest superb ideas, the Crabtree team exemplifies hospitality at its highest level. Every guest made it a point to praise the food, the gracious staff, and the seamless way with which the event was handled. The Kittle House has a special place in our hearts after hosting a perfect wedding, and we hope to celebrate many anniversaries there!

A Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

The Kittle House is the perfect venue for a garden wedding! We were thrilled with every aspect of the event & the attentive staff was most accommodating to every detail. The food & wine were exceptional - & we were very pleased to see that local purveyors were used whenever possible. Kimberly & the staff were very helpful in guiding us whenever they could in the planning process - which gave the event a very personalized feel (as opposed to the "cookie cutter" feel we've experienced at many wedding receptions). It was a beautiful & memorable event - & I highly recommend the Kittle House for weddings or any event you would need to plan!

My son's wedding

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

It was a magical day made perfect by the wonderful work of the entire staff of the Kittle house. Kimberly kept us aware of all the special arrangements that we could have to make this a day to remember. Everyone who attended had only positive reviews about the venue. I would strongly recommend the Kittle House to anyone looking to hold a special occasion.

Magical

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

Everything about the wedding was perfect. Kimberly and Gustavo anticipated and filled every need. During the planning process they were always available and patient. The bride and groom were very specific as to what they wanted, and worked hard to make it personal and customized. Kimberly was totally accommodating. Everyone said it was the best wedding they had ever attended. The ceremony was outside in a beautiful spot with a great view. The reception was inside and spilled outside as well. The venue is very special and unique. You won't see other brides around like you do at some places. It's a private experience. Oh, and we stayed at the inn that night. Also highly recommended.

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Alex J

September 20, 2014 - A perfect wedding! Our son and his beautiful bride were married at Crabtree's Kittle House. Their celebration was truly special from start to finish and in no small part due to the outstanding ability of the entire Kittle House team. From the organization to the attention everyone paid to EVERY detail; from the amazing grounds to the wonderful ballroom, and the food, wine and desserts (still hearing many, many compliments) it was all perfect! Kimberly Ann and Gustavo are the most dedicated professionals who work seamlessly with their team. Everyone's tireless efforts ensured a beautiful and celebration. Kimberly - cant say enough. She goes so far beyond her title of wedding coordinator. She was always available and able to listen, suggest, and organize. She spoke softly and soothingly, was quick with a smile, calmed nerves and no detail escaped her. It is easy to see that Kimberly loves what she does. She works very hard and makes it all seem effortless. Kimberly's presence doesn't end with the night of the wedding. She helped pack up and store items and still keeps in touch. Gustavo is a maitre d' extraordinaire. He was always present and in charge. There was norequest that he couldn't handle. Gustavo was always on top and ahead of any situation which might need his attention. He was truly hiding in plain sight and a master of multitasking Gustavo is yet another individual whomismat the top of his game and love what he does. Finally, the grounds are fabulous and the food was incredibly delicious. Our family and friends cannot stop talking about all of it. Special requests (vegetarian and gluten free) were no problem. Gustavo even found some gluten free desserts for several guests. Not only was the dinner wonderful, the wine pairings were perfect and the portions quite plentiful. The desserts were a delightfully sweet ending to a fairy tale wedding celebration. Thank you to everyone at Crabtree Kittle House.

Dream wedding at the Kittle House!

Reviewed on 10/18/2014 Jessica F

My husband and I were married at the Crabtree Kittlehouse in August of 2014. When we first drove up the winding driveway and saw the Kittlehouse for the first time we fell a little bit in love with it. Once we started seeing the gardens and outdoor areas we had an idea that this would be the place for us. Our number one concern was food for our guests. We hated the idea of a factory wedding in a large catering hall with mediocre food. We wanted good food and we wanted to know every single person that came and sat down to celebrate with us. And Kittle House made that happen. There food was so good and they were very accommodating. We needed to have some gluten free and vegetarian options and there was no problem. They even created a gelato bar for us and even set up their fire pit so we could do our s'mores favors. Kimberly Ann is the wedding coordinator and she was with us every step of the way. She answered every email we ever sent (and there were HUNDREDS over a 2 year period) and she would even send us little ideas here and there that she thought we would like. Gustavo is the maitre d' and he was there to help us during the night of the wedding. Separate, these two are amazing but together they are a powerhouse team. They know exactly what they are doing and they make it so that on your wedding day you don't have to worry about anything. Even hours before our wedding, it started pouring and of course I was worried. I had my heart set on an outdoor wedding so Gustavo waited until 15 minutes before the wedding to move everything inside. And the ceremony turned out amazing anyway. With the rain coming down the side of the glass windows, it looked magical. And the rain cleared up in time to have guests wander outside and have our fire pit. My husband and I could not be happier that we had our wedding at the kittle house. They really are a wonderful place that makes each event special. The whole place is a dream and we are so happy that we went with our gut and had our wedding there. Thank you Kimberly Ann and Gustavo! AKA the dream team!

Great Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

Crabtree's Kittle House was an excellent choice for our daughter's wedding. The facility is beautiful. The food, wonderful. Kimberly Ann graciously helped guide us through all the arrangements and the event went flawlessly. She was a pleasure to work with and made us feel like family. John Crabtree went above and beyond to make certain we were all happy. Gustavo was on top of everything that day, orchestrating a wonderful day for all of us. Everyone enjoyed themselves. I would certainly recommend the Crabtree's Kittle House to anyone looking for terrific venue for their wedding day in the Hudson Valley.

Spectacular Experience!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Michelle B

Our experience at the Kittle House was absolutely wonderful! On top of being an undeniably unique and beautiful location, the food was delicious, and the overall experience we had working with Kimberly was just fantastic. She was incredibly kind, attentive, and enthusiastic from day one, and made what can be a very stressful process feel calm and relaxed. On the day of the wedding, she even sat on the floor with my mother to figure out the ridiculously complex bustle of my dress!! People always say you can't have a perfect wedding... In our case they were wrong! This is so much because of the amazing Kittle House staff. The night of the wedding, in addition to having Kimberly on deck, we also had the unbelievably diligent maitre d', Gustavo. If you want a truly special venue where you know you'll be 100% taken care of, the Kittle House is your best option by far.

Wonderful Experience at Kittle House

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Anya M

We had a gorgeous wedding at the Kittle House over labor day weekend. Kimberly, the events manager, was truly the kindest, most thoughtful, most helpful hostess we could ever imagine. She suggested excellent local vendors, and set up several private tastings for us to experience the incredibly delicate, delicious menu. The food at our wedding was spectacular, the outdoor garden couldn't have been more beautiful for our ceremony, and the glass-enclosed reception hall was a magical place to dance the night away. We were extremely happy that we chose this venue--THANK YOU KITTLE HOUSE!!!

Magical Wedding at Crabtree's Kittle House

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 jessica i

Where to start? Our wedding reception was perfect in every way because we had it at the Kittle House. Kimberly Ann, Barbara, Gustavo, Leo, John Crabtree and the entire team are the classiest, hardest working people I have worked with in a long time. Kimberly Ann went so above and beyond her role as event coordinator - she was at times a trusted advisor and kindred spirit. It is great to work with someone who truly loves what she does, and it shows in every action and conversation. We went to see a LOT of venues but when we went to the Kittle House, we got "that" feeling - that these were the people we could trust with our special day. The food and wine was outstanding and the service was spectacular. But it goes beyond that. Kimberly Ann was really our wedding coordinator, emailing me with suggestions on cute details for the tables, reminders about items I may have forgotten about (and I had). The list goes on and on. I still email her from time to time because I miss her. :) Our guests are still talking about how our wedding was the most beautiful experience they've been to in awhile. Every detail was attended to. We showed up and just had fun because we trusted the Kittle House to do what they do. And they over-delivered on everything. I've been singing their praises ever since, telling my engaged friends and anyone who will listen. These people are the best!!!

My Beautiful Wedding at Crabtree's Kittle House

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Dina K

I can not say enough wonderful things about the staff, decor, food, and overall venue that is Crabtree's Kittle House. I got married there on July 19, 2014 and it was the most perfect day. The staff at the Kittle House went above and beyond to ensure that my day was everything I imagined. Our wedding was large, with 175 guests, and we received so many compliments on the space. Our guests loved the cocktail hour food and space. We were able to use the bar and side patio, and guests enjoyed having an indoor/ outdoor option. The Kittle House graciously provided us with an Inn room for the night before and the night of the wedding. I used the room to get read with my bridal party and it made an amazing back drop for pictures. The staff was friendly and welcoming for the entire weekend. They made every guest feel taken care of. We still are getting compliments about the food! My wedding coordinator, Tiffany, went above and beyond for me. I had many particular touches and vintage finds I wanted to incorporate into my special day. I spent a lot of time during my engagement creating little DIY decor items. Tiffany made sure everything was set up perfectly, and really made my vision come to life. She made me feel like I was in great hands and left me nothing to worry about so I could enjoy my day. I can not say enough nice things about this venue and it's staff. Thank you to the Kittle House for making my wedding dreams come true!

Amazing summer wedding

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 steph t

Kittle House was the perfect choice for our wedding. After a full day of looking at multiple venues Kittle House was the last one on the list. When we arrived we were greeted by Barbara and she let us walk around freely to see the place for ourselves. It was a breath of fresh air to not feel any pressure as we looked around. Once we did we could see why there was no sales pitch as the venue was absolutely gorgeous and did all the talking on its own. The fact that it was a restaurant first made me confident the food would be great as well. After this visit we had that feeling that this would be the place where we would get married and booked it immediately. Throughout the planning Barbara was very prompt with her responses and answered any and all questions I would have. She made me feel she had everything under control and it was a true pleasure working with her. They also made us feel very important and that our needs were of highest priority. It was impressive to see that kind of service to a place I can safely assume is booked solid throughout the year. Food tastings were a pleasure, again treated like VIPs. I appreciated the fact that they threw in some extra appetizers outside of our choices because it ultimately led us to choose them for our wedding. All the food is very tasty and is very high quality. Day of the wedding I'll just sum up with one word, perfect. Everyone just seemed on top of their game. My biggest concern was the threat of rain, and Gustavo made sure to show me the exact plan if that did in fact happen and what would be done. Gustavo and Barbara also made sure my guests and I were taken care of before the wedding started, even gave me a beer to help calm me down. The reception hall itself far exceeded my expectations, props to my planner and florist. We were blessed with the perfect weather for our ceremony and the Kittle House sure made it evident. Cocktail hour was setup directly next to the ceremony area, but it was far enough that it didn't seem cramped. The view of the golf course behind was a beautiful touch, my guests couldn't stop telling me how much they loved the view from their rooms. Service throughout the wedding was great, all our wishes were fulfilled. There was a small hitch with timing between surprise serenades and food, but Gustavo gave me zero problems when I requested the food be put on halt for a few minutes. All my guests loved the food, portabello mushroom with palenta was a clear winner for appetizer choice. The main courses went very well, everyone who got the trout enjoyed it and same went for those who chose steak. I must say one of the best parts was the ice cream bar outside, and I can't thank Barbara enough for having that suggestion and option. After the wedding was over there were guests who wanted to stick around and Leo made sure we were accommodated late into the night. All in all the staff, in my opinion, went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and taken care of. My wife and I can't wait to go back for our 1 year anniversary!

Venue was PERFECTION!

Reviewed on 8/07/2014 Jennifer F

My husband and I just got married on July 5th and Kimberly was there every step of the way to ensure our day was PERFECT! Kimberly and I exchanged multiple correspondence in the months leading up to the wedding and she was a tremendous help! We had an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour in the lovely garden and then a beautiful night in the atrium room, but still allowed guests to enjoy the beautiful night outside. The whole night was absolutely amazing, from the impeccable service and outstanding menu and food!! Your guests will not be disappointed!! We received many messages saying, "that was the best wedding we have ever been to." We highly recommend having your wedding at Crabtree's Kittle House!!

TO Crabtree's Kittle House