Book Your Wedding with Cricket Hill Ranch

A BARN IN DRIPPING SPRINGS, TX

Cricket Hill Ranch is a unique and lovely wedding venue in Dripping Springs, Texas, just outside of the eclectic city of Austin. The Ranch is located in the heart of the stunning Hill Country, with sprawling views and memorable sunsets. Cricket Hill Ranch is in an elegant white stone building with ample indoor and outdoor space, panoramic windows and sparkling lights. Doors open onto the perfectly manicured lawn of the ranch and reveal panoramic views of the surrounding Hill Country landscape.

Great Room. The 1,000 square foot Great Room seats up to 160 guests and is ideal for a romantic ceremony. Massive walls of windows open onto the beautiful landscape and a stunning Austin stone fireplace lends elegance and interest to the decor. Brides can enter the room from an elegant circular staircase, making a grand entrance.

The West Lawn. Up to 300 guests can gather on the West Lawn for the ideal outdoor reception. The landscaped lawn can be tented or dinners and dancing can take place under the open sky.

The West Terrace. This is a small balcony on the second floor of the Ranch and can comfortably seat up to 50 guests. It’s an ideal location for intimate ceremonies or cocktail parties and offers sweeping views of the surrounding landscape with the fabulous decor for which Cricket Hill Ranch is known.

The Barn. The Barn is a 40 foot by 40 foot barn whose doors open to let in the Texas breeze and scenic views. Have guests lounge in the Barn during the cocktail hour or reception or get creative and host a barn dance in the late-night hours.

Cricket Hill Ranch offers couples comprehensive wedding packages to ensure that weddings are stress-free and memorable. Couples can arrive on site as early as 11 a.m. on their wedding day to ensure that there is enough time to adequately set up and can stay as late as midnight.

Rentals of Cricket Hill Ranch entitle couples to the use of the entire hall, including the Great Room and all outdoor spaces. This also includes access to both indoor and outdoor kitchens for caterers. While catering is not provided by the Ranch, the on-site staff help couples choose a caterer and to-be-weds are not restricted to a preferred vendor list. Couples can also bring their own alcoholic beverages to stock the bar, with the only restriction being that all alcohol must be served by a Cricket Hill Ranch bartender for a small fee.

The Cricket Hill Ranch offers couples and guests a luxurious setting with many additional perks. Couples can enjoy the additional amenities that the ranch offers, including:

• Suites for the Bride and Groom
  • A bonus game room for guests to relax and have fun
  • Luxury linens included in the rental cost

Welcome to Heaven in the Hill Country

Cricket Hill Ranch is a one-of-a-kind event venue located in Dripping Springs, Texas. The sprawling views of the Hill Country are too beautiful for words. The sunsets here seem to go on forever, and the peacefulness of the space is so quiet the only thing you can hear in the evenings are the crickets. Current Promotion: FIVE for FIVE SPECIAL For a limited time get free bartending service for any wedding booked for the first FIVE months of 2017 - January, February, March, April & May of 2017 get FREE BARTENDING FOR YOUR EVENT. That’s a $500 value! PLUS……you can take an additional $500 off the venue rental price making your total savings $1,000! Huge savings for the first FIVE months of the year and a perfect special for those couples who want a short engagement.

Farm + Ranch

7220 Creek Road, Dripping Springs, TX (512) 774-8177

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Courtney M

The best decision I made during the wedding planning process was choosing Cricket Hill Ranch for my venue. I looked at over 10 venues and none made me feel that spark of magic I was looking for. From the first second I saw Cricket Hill Ranch in person, I knew this would be my... Read More venue. When we first met April, the owner of the venue, she made us feel SO welcomed. She clearly is in this business because she wants her brides to have the most special day possible, and when the day of came around, she made sure my day was exactly what I wanted it to be. There are SO many beautiful areas in this venue that it will match the style and visions of ANY bride. The inside grand room is amazing, the lawn where our ceremony took place was perfect as it is surrounded with the most beautiful natural landscaping, and the barn is the best location for an epic reception/dance party. My guests continue to rave about how beautiful this venue was. It is elegant in architecture, plush with green surroundings, and still has a rustic feel to it with the barn and wooden deck. This venue was exactly I was looking for visually, but the best thing about it is, you're not just getting the most beautiful venue in the area, you're also getting a venue owner and a day of coordinator, Aubrey, who will make sure your day is EVERYTHING you've dreamed it to be. As you will learn as a bride, no matter how meticulous you are in planning this wedding, no matter how many details you make sure are covered and perfectly planned, something will go wrong, whether it be big or small. When we arrived at the venue (at 11:00 am with no extra charge!), of course we realized there were things we did not think of. April and Aubrey went ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure these small details were fixed and worked even harder to make sure I did not get stressed out about them. April is not just a venue owner that takes your money and that's that. She stayed involved in our wedding from the second we first visited until even after the day of helping us with returns and what not. She was present throughout the ceremony and reception and made sure everyone was happy and having a good time. Any small hiccup that happened when the wedding started, she worked so hard to help solve it. The day of coordinator, Aubrey, is truly an amazing wedding planner. I am a control freak, which makes it hard to trust others with such an important day. When I first met her a few months before the wedding, I was instantly relieved because I knew she would do everything it took to make this day so special and perfect for me- which is EXACTLY what she did. I paid her extra to get there at 11 because I knew setting up tables and decor and helping with unexpected problems would take a while, and it was 100% worth it. She set up the decor for my dinner tables and WOW! They looked straight out of Pinterest and were just what I had envisioned for the last year of planning. She is precise with details, stern when it comes to keeping things on track, and works so hard to make sure the bride and groom are happy and having a good time. With Aubrey, it is 100% about you, and she worked so hard the entire day and night to keep it that way. I can't talk them up enough; I could go on and on about how amazing they are. Once you meet them, you will see exactly what I mean. If you're looking for a venue that will take your guests' breath away, and have two women help make your day perfect, then you MUST book CHR!!

2017-06-27T10:28:50 Response from the vendor

We LOVED being a part of your wedding day. You and Gable are so wonderful together and your family and ours were a perfect match. The evening was for sure EPIC. We miss you already and can't wait till we see you again. I'm trying... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Gabriela G

Our wedding isn't until late 2019, but April has been extremely helpful with everything already! This was only the second venue we looked at and we were instantly sold! We toured 7 other venues after this and nothing compared to Cricket Hill Ranch. The venue is gorgeous and it's... Read More obvious that it is very well taken care of. April has gone above and beyond to make sure all of my questions were answered and I am so grateful that they had our wedding date available! (Someone called asking for our date a couple days after we signed our contract!!)

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Briana P

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding this past May at Cricket Hill. April, the owner, was accommodating, warm, and well-organized. Everything went smoothly and the venue was perfect for a Texas hill country wedding. The bride and groom couldn't have been happier!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Lydia S

I got married at Cricket Hill Ranch in May, and it was everything I ever dreamed of for my wedding venue and more! I had a lot of guests from outside of Texas, so I wanted to give them an authentic Texas Hill Country experience while still reflecting my modern tastes. I chose to... Read More have both my ceremony and dinner in the beautiful Great Room to avoid the Texas heat, which was a decision both my guests and I appreciated! Dancing was in the barn, and there was a nice breeze flowing through the doors that kept the space cool. The reason I first fell in love with this venue is that it feels like a home rather than an “event space.” The on-site bride and groom’s suites were so convenient and comfortable, and my guests enjoyed having so many options to explore between the great room, the upstairs and downstairs patios, the lawn, and the barn. I love this venue so much, I chose to hold my rehearsal dinner and a post-wedding Sunday brunch there as well! April was so incredibly kind and helpful both before the wedding (which was a long period of time - I booked way back in December 2015!) as well as at all three of my events. She truly cares about the people she hosts, and goes above and beyond to make sure your event is exactly the way you want it. I encourage anyone looking for a venue to visit Cricket Hill Ranch - I guarantee you will fall in love with it too!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017

My son and new daughter were married at Cricket Hill Ranch at the end of May. Cricket Hill Ranch is stunning, but not stuffy, allowing for an elegant, intimate wedding. The venue has so many places for people to gather and reconnect. The barn for those who wanted to party,... Read More the outside sitting areas for those who wanted to talk, the porches for the ones who couldn't walk far, and the second story balcony with it's fabulous views of the hill country for miles. April and her family and staff went way beyond what I would have expected, making things smooth for the guests, helping to decorate, packing up leftovers, and keeping gifts and personal items secure. I thought it was a wonderful venue, and I recommend April and her staff highly.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Kasey R

Short and sweet... I think it's important to mention that this is the 1st review I've ever written about a venue before.. I have been a bridesmaid in over 8 weddings, all over Texas, and this is hands down THE MOST BEAUTIUL wedding venue I've seen. I wish I would have been... Read More married here. Not only is it beautiful, but the most amazing group of people run the events. When we got there, we realized we needed ice and had no one to run the errand. April must have overheard us because without hesitation she offered to go pick it up. Meanwhile, the coordinator, Aubrey, was making every dream of the brides come true. She created a total "Pinterest" wedding. Everything was over the top gorgeous. Fast forward to the reception and we ran out of a specific kind of liquor. They went and got it for us!! I couldn't believe it. From the beginning to the very end, they were over the top accommodating. I highly recommend this venue to any bride! Thank you so much April, Aubrey, and everyone behind the scenes who made this wedding so incredible.

2017-06-27T14:27:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Your crew was SO much fun! You felt like family to us and I truly loved hosting you on such a special day! xoxo, April

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Tabitha A

My Husband and I just recently got married at Cricket Hill Ranch a few weeks ago and we had the best night of our lives thanks to April and Aubrey! Having a day of coordinator included in the package helped A TON! There were of course a few hiccups with other vendors not... Read More bringing things as promised/arriving late, however the day of coordinator and venue owners didn't let me or my husband get any wind of the mishap as they went on a last minute run to get what was needed! They really made sure our day was perfect and the venue its self is so breath taking and we had so many compliments from our friends and family! We lucked out with having no rain, and were able to do everything outdoor as planned! It honestly could not have been any better and we keep saying we wish we could relive it all over again! Amazing venue and will definitely be recommending it to our friends and family for any future weddings!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Nicole P

We just recently got married at Cricket Hill Ranch and had an amazing day! Fortunately for us, we ended up having 0% chance of rain which was a huge positive considering we were having around 230 people. Unfortunately, if it were to have rained- we would have been screwed for a... Read More back up plan. The main house is perfect for a small wedding, however cannot hold a wedding of our size. Two weeks prior to the wedding, the weather forecast showed 80% chance of rain, so we were in panic mode. Thankfully, we had amazing wedding planners (Brock & Co) who were able to go to the venue to see if a tent would work. Unfortunately, a tent to cover our size of a wedding would not work due to large poles that were placed near the barn, as well as a few other random things that were installed or placed after we viewed the wedding. The leveling of the ground would also cause issues, as well as the septic tank that would cause issues if it rained. Moral of that story- CHR would be a great place for a smaller wedding that has a definite back up plan for inside, but for a large wedding if you don't want to spend $20,000 on a back up tent, it may not be the best place. For us- it worked out, thankfully! The barn, main house, and lawn created a perfect place for all of our guests to be able to spread out and enjoy the reception with out all being stuck in one room. We received so many compliments on how beautiful it all was. However, there were a few issues that occurred throughout the night over miscommunication between the venue owner and wedding planners. Thankfully my wedding planners nor the venue owner let this be known to me or my husband, so we had an amazing night. It was the wedding of our dreams, and worked out perfectly in our favor. My main concern for the venue saying it can hold 250 max outside, but not having a back up plan for this type of wedding, and the lack of communication. Also, the package includes a wedding coordinator- I would recommend, if your budget allows it, to get your own personal wedding coordinator(s)! Then they can really focus on just you and your personal needs. Overall, we had an amazing wedding thanks to ALL of our vendors working together!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Lindsay G

My husband and I just got married at Cricket Hill Ranch a week ago and I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions we made. The setting is absolutely beautiful and April & her husband are two amazing people that do so much to make sure the day is perfect! We got... Read More sooooooooo many compliments from our wedding guests on the beautiful venue so do yourself a favor and BOOK THIS PLACE NOW! You will not regret it!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Madison D

My husband and I got married at Cricket Hill Ranch 6 months ago. My husband knew this was going to be our venue before we even went to visit. Once we did, we instantly fell in love with April, the owner. What April and Todd have created is such a magical place to get married.... Read More Between the beautiful indoor and outdoor options, suites for getting ready, spectacular view, and barn to dance the night away, we knew that we could not find a more perfect place to have our wedding! Due to the rain, our ceremony was moved to the house indoors the morning of, which only made our wedding more intimate and personal. With April, Todd, and Aubrey (the wedding coordinator) I did not have to worry about a thing! Absolutely nothing went wrong with our day! They had great suggestions for vendors and were very accommodating with the wedding package options. They even let us bring our dog! Guys, this was our dream wedding!! Kevin and I could not have imagined a more perfect day or a more perfect place to start our life together. Thank you, April and Todd for giving us the day that we always pictured and always hoped it would be. We always receive nothing but compliments on our perfect and beautiful wedding. Thank you for welcoming us into your little slice of heaven and becoming great friends! We will remember this day forever!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Rebecca P

April and Todd have created a slice of heaven on earth. My finance and I toured the beautiful land which happened to have a magnificent home in which we booked for our wedding on 4/15/17. From the drive up the driveway to the views off the balcony we were in awe of the beautiful... Read More country surrounding the home. It is truly a gift opening their home to host weddings for the hill country. As I planned to shop for wedding dresses in the Austin area I was able to schedule the bunkhouse to have a girls weekend which was absolutely perfect. We enjoyed coffee on the back porch and gave me a chance to reflect and meditate by the wonderful tree where I will become Mrs. Rebecca Taylor in April. You will not be disappointed and highly recommend you tour the property and meet April and Todd to plan and book your wedding at Cricket Hill Ranch.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Erin B

When I began planning my wedding, I knew that I was looking for a venue that was in in the hill country that had a beautiful, rustic and romantic feeling. I wanted to find a venue that had a beautiful outside setting for the ceremony, but I also wanted the venue to have an... Read More indoor option that would be just as gorgeous because you never know what will happen with the weather in Texas. Not only that I wanted a barn where I could hold the reception and all the dancing since my husband and I both love to dance. Lastly, I was also looking for a venue that didn’t feel commercialized because many venues that I looked at seemed to make you feel more like just a number instead of a person. My husband and I had planned to spend a weekend looking around the hill country at different venues. However, our first stop was Cricket Hill Ranch and it was our last. Cricket Hill Ranch had everything we were looking for. We met with April when we arrived at Cricket Hill Ranch and she was wonderful. She made us feel so welcomed and she was very genuine. She showed us the property and answered all our questions. As the wedding grew closer, I had more questions for April and she would always respond to me in a personable and timely matter. The day of the wedding finally arrived and Cricket Hill Ranch was just as gorgeous as I had imagined it would be. April was so accommodating and patient with me as I was a typical anxious bride-to-be and our wedding went on without a hitch. My husband and I have such amazing memories of our special day because of April and all her help and the beautiful venue she created.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kendall K

When my now husband and I pulled up to Cricket Hill Ranch after a long day of venue hunting, we knew we had found the one, and after talking to April and Todd, it confirmed everything. They and Aubrey (the wonderful wedding coordinator) went above and beyond to make not only our... Read More wedding day run as smoothly as possible, but also the whole planning process, which was complicated by the fact that my husband was living out of state and I was living in another city. They truly helped us have the best day ever and I cannot thank them enough!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Callie F

When my mother and I first laid eyes on Cricket Hill, we were smitten. We had zero negative experiences with this venue. Everything was perfect. We wouldn't have changed a thing. Our family and friends are still talking about how lovely our wedding was!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Austin G

Cricket Hill Ranch made our wedding day so special and so smooth. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. The wedding in the lawn is made even more special with a beautiful Texas sunset as the backdrop. Everybody was so nice and helpful from CHR. The grooms suite was perfect, and we... Read More just hung out and watched football all day. A huge thanks to everyone at CHR.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Austin G

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Brianna G

CHR was hands down the most beautiful wedding venue I've ever seen. April, Todd, and Zoe made our big day perfect. I honestly cannot even begin to describe how helpful and supportive they were - they are now lifelong friends. CHR is a gorgeous indoor/outdoor venue on a piece of... Read More land in dripping springs with a STUNNING great room (and incredible bridal suite), a huge accommodating kitchen, a convenient and awesome bar outside, a gigantic and romantic barn with lots of great lighting and a perfect ceremony site under a large oak tree. I simply cannot say enough wonderful things. From the pre-planning that April and Zoe helped with to the clean up and seamless process leaving the venue, EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT. My guests cannot stop talking about it and my friends even talked about coming back for their wedding. We love CHR! If you're looking for a venue, STOP. Call April and book CHR. You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Jackilyn W

My (now) husband and I toured several venues before visiting Cricket Hill Ranch and the others had left us with an "eh" or "no, not here" feeling. As we drove back to Round Rock from Cricket Hill, we felt EXCITED, were already making plans for the day of and it was a no-brainer... Read More that this was the place we were looking for. The ranch is beautiful and serene so it of course speaks for itself but the owners, April and Todd are amazing. Our tour was with April and she welcomed us into her home with open arms (along with her dog, Sadie :) She did a fabulous job of explaining the different areas and how everything would flow the day of. She was patient and answered all of our questions while genuinely making us and our upcoming day feel special. I knew we were in good hands! Our wedding day was perfect. I definitely have a "type A" personality and am one that will plan to the finest detail so one of the most important things to me was to be able to RELAX and enjoy the morning/afternoon which was exactly how it went. I didn't have to worry about a thing and it was wonderful. There were even clouds and a little rain that afternoon but it didn't stress me whatsoever. It actually led to a DOUBLE rainbow right around the time we started pre-ceremony pictures! I just think there is something magical about Cricket Hill. April and Todd were everywhere throughout the entire day/evening. I know they worked so hard to ensure everything was just right for us and I can't thank them enough for that! They even made it a point to hug us "bye" right before opening the big wooden doors to our sparkler exit. That moment was really special to me because they became our friends during the process and for them to make it a point to wish us well at the very end of our night was just the icing on the cake. :) Booking Cricket Hill was one of the best decisions we have made and I thank God we did. *as a side note, I highly recommend renting the bunk house the night before the wedding for the girls. We did this and I felt it gave me extra time to enjoy the property. We did a small brunch and mimosas in the bunk house the morning of, before moving into the bridal suite. It was just so nice waking up there and not having to rush around and drive anywhere. When I say "bunk house", it is not what you are probably picturing. It's an upstairs loft with plenty of space, multiple beds, TV, mini fridge, full bath, counter space, couch etc and it is super cute! Think of the perfect place to have a sleepover. :)

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Elliott M

We recently had our wedding at Cricket Hill and could not have been happier with the decision. Not only was the staff beyond helpful and friendly, but the facility was fantastic. The view is beautiful and the set up is perfect. Dinner in the big room and then dancing in the... Read More barn! As a groom the best feature was the FULL SIZE groom suite. There was a pool table, a full size bathroom/shower, and two rooms for us to get ready in. Thank to Cricket Hill for making our day special.

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Lucy W

Cricket Hill Ranch was the PERFECT place to get married! Our search for a venue was not an easy one, and we visited many we did not love until we went to Cricket Hill Ranch! I fell in love immediately and knew it would be perfect. April and Aubrey were so wonderful to work with,... Read More helping me understand what worked best and making suggestions for a successful wedding. Day of, they took care of everything and we relaxed as preparations happened around us and it could not have been more perfect. We chose to have a beautiful ceremony under the trees, followed by dinner indoors and on the lawn, then dancing in the barn with smores and yard games all around. I could not be more grateful we got married at Cricket Hill Ranch. We would definitely recommend!

Beautiful New Venue

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Sammi W

We stumbled upon Cricket Hill Ranch because we knew we wanted an outdoor venue that had a plan B (indoor option), as well as an indoor place to host the reception. We fell in love the first time we visited. The views of the Texas hill country are spectacular, the venue is... Read More gorgeous, and the barn area is perfect for dancing. Cricket Hill was new at the time we booked it. It was relatively affordable compared to many of the other venues we had looked at, and it offered a ton of amenities already included in the price. (chairs, tables, tablecloths, etc.) Another huge reason we picked Cricket Hill was because April and Todd are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Fast forward to the wedding planning process. Cricket Hill began to grow in popularity, and I felt like we were really took the back burner. I think that the venue needs to hire some more full time staff, because the response time between calls/e-mails took weeks. The biggest issue: I had explicitly stated multiple times (even before we booked the venue) that we were inviting over 200 people, which April initially said would be a tight fit, but no problem. 3 weeks before the wedding, April told me that number was too large and she had no idea we were inviting that many people and I needed to hire a wedding coordinator, something we hadn't budgeted for less than a month out of the wedding. Something was just missing communication-wise. The communication issues were the only problems I had with Cricket Hill. On the day of the wedding, April and Todd were crazy helpful with anything we needed. They were always there offering a helping hand, which was fantastic. The venue is so beautiful; I had people asking me for weeks after the wedding how I’d found a place so perfect. I really do recommend Cricket Hill, but I hope as their popularity continues to grow, they hire more staff to help increase communication effectiveness and ensure there are less frustrations.

My Dream Wedding Was Here

Reviewed on 4/11/2015 Leah J

After my (then) fiancé and I took way too long to find a wedding venue, we stumbled upon the greatness that is April and Todd at Cricket Hill Ranch. Once you meet April and see her gorgeous wedding venue/home, you'll never imagine your dream wedding anywhere else. (Even the... Read More distance that my guests would be subject to travelling was justified once they saw this gorgeous setting.) My first meeting with April told me it would not be my last. She is knowledgeable and helpful without being overbearing. She makes sure you have what you need while suggesting ideas and vendors as needed. She was just as excited about my wedding as she was about her very own (which was just a few years ago at the same venue). All of my excitement was her excitement, and that showed in the way she treated my family and I. This wasn't just a business transaction for a wedding venue; April and Todd opened up their hearts and their homes to us. Upon our arrival for each meeting and the wedding day, April was always out front and ready to go with whatever our plans for the day held. On the day of the wedding, April and her husband, Todd, were helping with setup, making sure things were perfect. She would come by and check on us briefly, only to get back to work! She is very transparent about how she does things, and she is always willing to try things in a new or different way. My only complaint was that we were all so busy, I didn't get to see her much on wedding day! From one groom to the next: "It was awesome!" Several of our guests inquired about the gorgeous Cricket Hill Ranch for their future events. Any of my guests who were questioning "why Dripping Springs?" immediately came up to me after our reception dinner to say 'you have the most perfect weather for your wedding on the most beautiful landscape and venue I could've imagined.' There is not a single thing I would want to change about this venue or the owners. Everything was perfect, right down to the last sparkler fizzling out!

Incredible Venue

Reviewed on 3/26/2015 Meghan B

I cannot even begin to explain how great April and Todd (the owners) were in the process of planning and executing our wedding day. The venue is absolutely breathtaking and was perfect for our small(ish) wedding. April was easy to contact and ask questions, and very quick to... Read More respond and help. They really made the whole planning process much easier and more enjoyable. It's an extremely versatile location and can accommodate a variety of styles, from rustic to elegant. All of our out of state guests were amazed at how beautiful everything was there. It was a very intimate experience and I'm so glad we chose them.