Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh South

Pittsburgh, PA

Book Your Wedding with Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh South

A BALLROOM IN PITTSBURGH, PA

Located in the South Hills region of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the Crowne Plaza Suites Pittsburgh South is a venue boasting flexible space that can accommodate indoor ceremonies, receptions and cocktails. Whether couples are going for a banquet-style dinner, an open-concept reception or a theater-style ceremony, the hotel is able to make any wedding event happen.

is the largest space in the facility and can accommodate up to 500 guests in theater-style seating, ideal for a traditional ceremony. When the room is set up to serve as a banquet or reception space, up to 300 guests can be accommodated. The room has a tiled dance floor at its center and tables can be positioned around it, making it an ideal spot for a night of dining and dancing.

can hold up to 150 guests for a reception and is an extremely versatile space. Whether going for theater- or cabaret-style seating, this is a functional area that works as both a reception venue and a place to stage a ceremony.

is also able to accommodate up to 150 guests for a theater-style ceremony. In its banquet and reception modes, it can hold up to 100 guests. Alternatively, 75 people can fit in the room for a cabaret-style setup.

are both able to hold up to 100 guests for a ceremony, while a capacity of about 60 guests is the most the room can handle for a reception.

For banquet spaces that are a little more intimate, the Baldwin is a fine choice, as it is able to accommodate up to 40 guests.

There are a number of styles of seating available at the Crowne Plaza Suites Pittsburgh South. The banquet-style setup features round tables that are placed around the room, while the reception-style setup has the open center floor for dancing. While the theater-style seating is a classic choice for a ceremony, the cabaret setup is a bit more unique and spacious, although it does mean far fewer guests can be accommodated.

There is a thorough menu available for banquets and receptions, which includes light sandwiches, salads, hors d’oeuvres and various buffets. Some of the entrees available at the venue include a dual entrée filet mignon and salmon, vegetarian tortellini with baby spinach and Roma tomatoes and Atlantic rock cod.

For couples wanting a house buffet, there is a 30-guest minimum required. Included in the buffet are salads, a choice of two or three entrees and a choice of two sides, such as rice pilaf and a sautéed green bean medley.

Some of the unique dinner options at the Crowne Plaza Suites Pittsburgh South include an assortment of buffet options, including themed buffets and snacking stations. Other great meal and beverage choices are:

• Open or cash bars
  • A mimosa bar
  • A s’mores and hot chocolate bar
  • Southwestern fiesta snack station

Extraordinary Weddings, Unforgettable Experience

The Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh South is situated in the beautiful South Hills of Pittsburgh, just 7 miles from Downtown and 30 minutes from the Pittsburgh International Airport, is a full-service property that has just completed a $5 MM renovation in 2016. This includes all new lobby public space, guest rooms, restaurant and bar, and ballroom, with a mid-century modern decor. Designed for the modern business traveler with all of the social and leisure amenities, which include and outdoor heated pool, fire pit, and outdoor/indoor wedding ceremony space. Allow our Wedding Specialist, Kelli Gorecki, to take care of all of your needs with our inclusive packages, which include chair covers, wedding cake and flower centerpieces. With over seven years of experience planning wedd

Ballroom, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

164 Fort Couch Road, Pittsburgh, PA (412) 347-0349

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Melanie B

The Crowne Plaza South is hands down the most amazing place to have your wedding. My husband and I looked at one other venue before going to the Crowne Plaza and this place blew that venue out. My husband didn't say much when it came to choosing the venue but than we meet with... Read More Kelli it changed his whole tune. We left from meeting with her and he literally said book it because Kelli seems to know her stuff and nothing will go wrong. He was absolutely right!!!! She is amazing to work with and keeps you calm throughout the whole process. She will answer your calls or messages anytime of the day or night. Everything was included cake, buffet, bar, centerpieces, uplighting, chair covers, and lien which Kelli will inform you when you need to meet with them which makes it so much easier on you. I remember right before the wedding I was informed Kelli would be on vacation and was heartbroken but I got to meet with Shauna who was literally just as awesome as Kelli. I remember when we arrived to the Crowne plaza they only let my husband and I in to see the ballroom to make sure it was everything we want. Literally was completely breath taken on how amazing it looked set up and matched my colors perfect. We have got nothing about complements from all of our guests how amazing the food was, the bar tenders were amazing to how wonderful everything was set up and decorated. It makes me feel so good to hear from everyone how my wedding was the first wedding in the longest time people have been to was the best wedding they have seen. Also, Daniel and John literally checked on us all night to make sure the night was running correctly. They kept asking if we needed anything throughout the whole night. Made sure we always had whatever we needed. Last but not least they let us party in the lobby with our own coolers they even help get us ice to keep everything cold. We kept the lobby going until 5am. lol This is worth every penny we spent!!! You will not be disappointed if you pick this venue and you will have a night to remember. Amazing people to work with. I wish I could do it all over again because it was perfect!!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Emily E

I was completely clueless as to where to begin when I was planning my wedding. I went to look at the Crowne Plaza because it was close to our home and seemed reasonable for our needs. As soon as I met Kelli, I knew this was the place for us!!! The hotel just underwent a... Read More renovation last summer and the ballroom is stunning. The package with the Crowne includes the catering, your cake from Signature Desserts, centerpieces from Donati's florist, all your linens, an open bar, cocktail hour before teh reception, set up and tear down, and you can book a room block for your guests at a discounted rate. You bring them what you want set up, and they make it happen. Kelli, the wedding coordinator, has a infectious personality and makes you always feel as if you are her #1 priority through all steps. Shauna also works with Kelli and you can contact either of them and they are always willing to help. The banquet staff is outstanding, my guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the service they received. Barry, the bartender, received high commentary from all of my guests, and LaJunta, Lynne, and Deb were our serving staff for the evening and all of them were just wonderful. My day was absolute perfection...I had ceremony and reception there and it couldn't have gone smoother. I was never stressed or overwhelmed throughout the entire planning process as I knew I was in good hands. The Crowne goes above and beyond for your wedding....you cannot do better than this hotel!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Jesselyn T

Our wedding was absolutely perfect!! Kelli was amazing, and was a huge reason we chose the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South for our wedding venue. From our first meeting, we could tell that Kelli knew exactly what we were looking for and was the perfect person to make our wedding... Read More everything we wanted and more. And she absolutely did just that! She was always willing to answer questions and offer advice and support, and always responded to emails/phone calls within a day. Our wedding was BEAUTIFUL. The food was excellent and we received many compliments from our guests about it. We had a few special requests for our wedding and Kelli and her staff were all very accommodating and easy to work with. If we had to do it all over again, we choose the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South every time. We couldn't have been happier with how our special day turned out.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Laura S

Our wedding was absolutely perfect and in LARGE part was all because of Kelli and the rest of the Crowne Plaza staff. From start to finish Kelli went above and beyond to accommodate us and was a joy to work with. Once we met with her we knew we wanted her helping with our... Read More wedding and no where else could compare. She put together a GORGEOUS event and we are still in awe. We had great interactions with all of the staff including Jeff who did an awesome job tending bar and John the assistant manager who also went out of his way to help us with anything we needed all weekend. He was so professional and friendly and we were so happy to have him there. All around awesome staff and we highly recommend other couples to plan with them!! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 lindsay a

Absolutely amazing venue to work with. They really do everything to make your life easy and stress free. They are great at answering questions helping you figure out all the random little things throughout the planning process. And day of my wedding the place looked beautiful I... Read More was so happy with how everything turned out.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Anna B

Kelli and the staff were all a delight to work with! She is so easy going and we never felt pressured into anything! No tricks, no hidden fees. The reception includes the cake (with a whole dessert buffet!) and the centerpiece flowers each from Signature Desserts and Donatis... Read More which are both high end places! Our reception planning was much easier than expected due to the amazing work of the Crowne Plaza. Our day was more amazing than we could have hoped and everything ran so smoothly. Definitely would recommend having any event at this place :)

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Brian R

We looked at various venues when deciding where to hold our reception, and after our initial meeting with Kelli, we knew that the Crowne Plaza was the perfect choice. Kelli, Shauna and staff at the Crowne Plaza South were absolutely accommodating and helpful during our wedding... Read More planning process. Anytime that we had a question, Kelli always responded back in a very timely manner, which took a lot of stress off of us. We had a lot of special requests, and Kelli made sure that all were taken care prior to our big day. The day of our wedding, the venue was absolutely gorgeous. Both the foyer and ballroom looked like what we imagined. We received so many compliments from our guests on how great of a facility the Crowne Plaza was to host a wedding. We definitely made the right choice!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Christina C

Where to start!? Kelli and the Crowne Plaza staff went above and beyond our expectations to make our reception not only perfect but a memorable evening for ALL of our guests! Kelli was very responsive throughout the whole planning process and did everything she could to take the... Read More stress of wedding planning off of us. The package is all-inclusive while there are still options to upgrade. During the dinner service, my husband and I did not get to eat much; what we did eat was delicious! A server noticed we didn't eat much and set aside some of the food for us to eat once the evening was over. Our guests did not have anything but positive remarks about the food, service, and rooms. We cannot thank you enough for making our wedding day more perfect than we could have ever imagined!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Nikki C

Our wedding was absolutely perfect! We got to sit back and relax and just enjoy it. Kelli and Shawna were both so easy and accommodating to whatever we wanted or needed. With everything being included, wedding planning was a fun walk in the park, with no worries. So worth... Read More it! Highly, highly, highly recommended. TOP NOTCH!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Brandy S

Kelli & Shauna were beyond amazing! They were so helpful throughout the entire process! The staff was very friendly and accommodating the day before and the day of as well!!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Melissa F

Kelli and her crew were amazing. They were very accommodating and easy to work with. We had a list of venues to visit but after seeing the hotel and meeting Kelli, our search was over. We received so many compliments on how beautiful everything looked and how delicious the food... Read More was (especially the ranch dressing). An added bonus of the hotel being pet friendly, allowed us to share this special day with our dogs. We couldn't be happier with how everything came together, it was simply perfect.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kali P

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about our wedding at the Crowne Plaza. Working with Kelli was amazing. She answers emails within a day, and I can't believe how wonderful our reception room looked when we arrived. We didn't have to set anything up or take anything... Read More down, it was all taken care of. It was also super helpful that the flowers and cake were worked into the contract at the hotel. Our guests raved about the food, and we were extremely happy with our overall experience. I would definitely recommend the hotel to others in the future.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Amy H

Our wedding was absolutely amazing! Kelli was so easy to work with and she was able to make my dream into a reality. She answered every email within a day, guide me to whatever I needed, and how she was able to put together the final day was more than I could've even hoped... Read More for. The food was excellent as well. Not your typical wedding food at all! We got so many compliments on the venue, the service, and the food. The cake and centerpieces were also amazing and included in the price. You couldn't get a better price at any other hotel. Everything could not have been more perfect.I would highly recommend the crowne plaza Pittsburgh south. If I could go back I would do it there all over again!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016

If you want a fabulous wedding that will not cost you an arm and leg, this is the place to go. Kelli who is the director of catering and also the wedding coordinator is superb. She has definitely found her calling and that is make your event or in our case wedding to go as... Read More smoothly as possible. She was always helpful and is a truly lovely person. The appetizers were delicious and many of the guests said they would have been happy just to eat those. The actual dinner was beyond expectation. They do not skimp on size nor taste. The food was fantastic. All the guests were impressed and said it was one of the most beautiful weddings they have attended. I love the staff and especially Kelli....a big thank you to them all for making this a memorable day for all. We had the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. Why go anywhere else when you have perfection in one place.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

Our daughter held her wedding reception at the recently remodeled Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South. To say it was an amazing event is an understatement. Kelli (Director of Catering, Wedding Specialist) was phenomenal, patient, ingenious and most importantly - extremely... Read More professional. Her flexibility in working with us was superb and second to none. She promptly returned calls and emails. She even rectified a significant error on our part the afternoon of the event and no one was the wiser! The venue was amazing, the food delicious and the service impeccable. Throughout the event, the day prior, day of and day after, the staff was friendly, helpful and professional. What could have been a stressful time was actually fun, invigorating and virtually effortless on our part. I highly recommend this venue for any event. While the wedding was a month ago, we still receive positive feedback on the reception. Thank you Kelli and team!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Caroline F

We recently had our wedding reception at the Crowne Plaza, and could not have asked for a more perfect evening! Kelli, the wedding specialist, is absolutely amazing. Her upbeat and fun personality sold us on the venue, and she kept everything simple and organized so that our... Read More wedding planning was worry-free. The ballroom was decorated beautifully, the food was DELICIOUS, and the staff was attentive and helpful. Our guests had nothing but positive things to say about our reception. Not to mention, it was very reasonably priced compared to many other locations we looked into. Would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza for future brides!!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Jennifer Turban T

We loved our wedding! We couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out, BEAUTIFUL! Kelli is the wedding coordinator there and she was amazing! She took care of everything for us from decorating, to displaying our cookie table, and went above and beyond to always... Read More return emails and phone calls within a few hours that same day! she took just about all the stress out of wedding planning and made it really fun for us and we could enjoy the process fully knowing she was handling all the big stuff for us.

Reviewed on 4/29/2016 Kristen S

I cannot say enough positive things about Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South! The hotel was recently renovated and is absolutely beautiful. Kelli Gorecki, the wedding coordinator, is FABULOUS! She was so responsive any time we had a question and always seemed to know exactly what we... Read More wanted. She was the main reason we selected Crowne Plaza for our reception, and we are so glad that we did. It was truly breathtaking when we saw the venue all set up on the big day. Everything was perfect and no detail was overlooked. The food was incredible. We received countless compliments from our guests on how great the food was. It came out on time and was cooked perfectly. The banquet staff and bartenders were great and took great care of not only the bridal party, but the guests as well. For everything that was included in the package, along with the quality of everything, we got an amazing deal. Book Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South, you won't be disappointed! Kelli gave us the wedding of our dreams. :)

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Laura M

I could not have asked for a better reception!! Kelli was amazing and was with my every step of the way and through every meltdown. The entire staff at the Crowne Plaza were helpful and never blinked an eye when I had a request. The food was amazing and the entire place looked... Read More like a fairy tale! I can not believe it is already over but I would not have changed anything about it. For everything that is included and all that they do for their brides, this was a steal of a venue! Ladies, jump on this one because you won't fine another venue like them! If anything went wrong that day, I honestly would have no clue! All around five stars!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Deanna D

Kelli did an amazing job with our wedding. She answered every question I had during the whole planning process. I loved working with her. She made our reception so beautiful. Our guests keep commenting how beautiful everything was. This place is an amazing venue for a... Read More wedding reception and it is extremely affordable. The food was also amazing. No one had a single complaint about the food.

above average

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Jackie M

Overall, the hotel provided what we needed and when we needed. The block price was a very fair price as well. Great after party spot at the tiki bar!

Made my Wedding Just Perfect!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Leah M

I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South to any brides! Kelli, my planner, was so helpful answering all my questions and was so accommodating for all of our and our parents special requests. She made everything stress-free and allowed me to really enjoy all the... Read More planning. Colleen was the manager on duty and was there all night at the reception and right there when I had any questions or needed anything. Which allowed me to have fun all night and not worry about anything going wrong. The whole weekend of my wedding the staff at the Crowne, from the front desk, servers, bartenders to housekeeping made me feel like the most important person staying in their hotel, even though I knew that wasn't true. They were all so friendly and helpful. We had a huge bridal suite, which made the whole day feel like a real fairytale. One of the things I liked most about using the Crowne was everything that was included in the price. I used the bakery they had included in the price, which was delicious and so easy to work with, they organized the delivery, and I used the florist included and they were amazing as well. It made it easy to have everything there and not have a ton to take home at the end of the night. All of my guests have been raving about how great and hot the food was, which doesn't always happen. I don't know how they did it but all the steaks were hot and done perfectly. Everything looked beautiful and all of my guests said it was the best wedding they have been to, which says a lot because we have a ton of weddings in our family. This venue is a must see!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Beth D

We recently had our wedding reception at the Crowne Plaza and could not have asked for a better experience!! Kelli Gorecki is the coordinator at the hotel, and she is phenomenal. She was available for meetings and by phone/email throughout the planning process and made things so... Read More much easier for us! The wedding package at the Crowne Plaza is a great deal...it comes with quite a bit included (for example, the cake and floral centerpieces), making the planning process much less of a hassle (we planned from out of town). Finally, Kelli is not only competent and professional, but you can tell that she loves what she does, and always has a smile on her face! It was great working with her. Having her around to ensure the reception itself ran smoothly was a huge relief. We could focus on our guests and enjoying the evening while Kelli handled the small details and things that came up throughout the reception. Having the reception in the hotel was perfect for the large number of out-of-town guests we had as well. Room reservations were handled seamlessly. We heard great things from our guests about their overall experiences at the hotel. I highly recommend this venue!!

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 2/16/2015 Sarah

We recently had our wedding at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South and could not have imagined it anywhere else for our special day! Kelli, the Coordinator, was so detailed and organized with the help of planning the big day that it took a lot of stress off our shoulders. She was... Read More very quick with responding, as I sent her numerous emails asking questions, going over what we wanted and just general information. Everything about our wedding was perfect! Plus, every guest loved the food and couldn't stop talking about it! I even had a college roommate love how great our wedding was that she and her fiancé booked their wedding at the Crowne Plaza for this fall!

Kelli is THE BEST!!!!

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Julie D

Kelli is by far the kindest, most professional, and fun coordinator to work with! She made planning our reception so easy and enjoyable! I am fairly picky and definitely over-organized and crazy detail-oriented, and Kelli made sure to listen closely and make me feel at ease!... Read More Everything we discussed she executed perfectly! Any last minute things that I needed help with, Kelli was there and took care of and with a constant smile! The food was amazing! Our guests raved about how delicious it was! I did not have one single guest complaint!

Meet The Director of Catering

Kelli Gorecki

With 10 years of wedding industry experience, Kelli has worked as the Director of Catering & Wedding Specialist at the Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh South for the past 7 years. She is a avid runner, wife and mother of 2 beautiful little monsters, and lover of all things pretty. Make this wonderful wedding planning process fun, stress-free and memorable by calling Kelli.