Crystal Mountain

Thompsonville, MI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Northern Michigan's Wedding Destination

Crystal Mountain has carefully combined the Midwest's finest accommodations, the style and elegance of a first-class destination and the beauty of northern Michigan. From mountain-top ceremonies to receptions for up to 350, we'll ensure that every detail matches your vision for the perfect day.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Garden, Hotel, Mountain, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

12500 Crystal Mountain Dr., Thompsonville, MI

Perfect for a Winter Wedding Wonderland

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Katherine D

We had our January 2015 wedding - both ceremony and reception - at Crystal Mountain Resort, and it was MAGIC. My husband and I have attended work conferences there and have always enjoyed them. When we decided on a winter wedding, we decided to do winter all the way, and... Read More Crystal was the obvious choice. We could not possibly write enough glowing things about the wedding & reception team, the entire Crystal staff across the resort, the accommodations, the food & drink, the restaurants, the ceremony & reception sites, and the spa. Everyone and everything about a Crystal wedding is exceptional. Amanda Milarch and Megan Campbell-Slade were so helpful in making our event happen. Every special request we had (decorations, special beer for the reception, etc) was met with an "Absolutely, we can make that happen!" The cabin we stayed in, where I got ready, was so cute and perfectly situated for winter photos (someone knew what they were doing when they put us in Cherry Blossom!). Our rehearsal dinner was outstanding - our special menu, the staff, the location (Lake Harbor & Hudson Bay). Our ceremony in Northern Lights was magical, and our reception in Northwest Territories was the best celebration. Breakfast the following morning at the Thistle was just what we hoped for. Twelve to fourteen inches of snow fell from the time our rehearsal started until the next day before the wedding. Crystal offered our guests discounted rates on rooms to come up the night before and beat the storm. Our porch and steps and sidewalks were shoveled before we could even ask. The snow unfortunately kept some guests from attending, but it made for a beautiful setting, and the Crystal staff made a challenging situation so much better. We attended a meeting for work at Crystal Mountain just three weeks after our wedding, and we were greeted by so many staff members who worked to make our wedding wonderful. It felt like seeing family again. We would, without a doubt, recommend Crystal Mountain resort to any bride and groom, whether planning a winter or summer wedding. We can't wait to go back again and again to that beautiful place and to see everyone there.

2015-06-27T08:46:21 Response from the vendor

Kate, thank you so much for such a thoughtful review. Your winter wedding was one that we will never forget, and the day was truly magical! Thank you again, we hope to see you soon! Cheers to you and Bob!!

My Dream Wedding!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Katie W

Crystal Mountain is gorgeous! We loved the whole resort and there were so many fun things for our guests to do there before attending our evening wedding! We were able to have a "destination wedding" without having to go too far. We made a whole weekend out of it and had our... Read More rehearsal right at Crystal Mountain the day before. We had a mountain top ceremony and our reception was right there as well. Our ceremony was SO beautiful, all of our guests loved riding the chairlift! No one had to worry about driving after our reception because there were so many different room options and prices available that most everyone stayed there. The Crystal Mountain staff did an amazing job and they were very flexible and accommodating for all of our requests throughout the whole planning process. Julie made our whole planning period so much better because she handled everything, answered all of our questions and planned things with us down to a very detailed time schedule of our wedding day. It was wonderful to work with her and she definitely made things much easier for us!

2015-06-17T12:46:12 Response from the vendor

Hi Katie! Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day! We loved every moment as well, celebrating with you and your family. Please come see us soon!! Cheers!! - The Crystal Mountain Wedding Team

Dream Wedding Come True!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Alia K

I am from Northern Michigan and was so excited to have my wedding at Crystal Mountain. From the very beginning, it was a flawless experience. I clicked immediately with Megan Slade, my wedding coordinator, who became a as close as a friend after 10 months of planning! After... Read More we secured Crystal Mountain for the venue, I was provided a list of preferred vendors to start with which was a HUGE help! Not only did they give me a list, Megan walked me through her personal favorites and who she thought I might like. She NAILED it because we were thrilled with all vendors! Even though most of our friends and family were within about 30-60 minutes of Crystal Mountain, it became a destination wedding for all of us! My husband and I spent time at the Spa, enjoyed a GORGEOUS outdoor rehearsal dinner with a bonfire, and loved every second of our reception in Northwest Territories. It is truly its own little village and they do an impeccable job there! Here is what made Crystal Mountain stand out: 1) AMAZING service from everyone I worked with from booking spa appointments to hotel suites to every last detail of the wedding 2) Megan was a lifesaver while wedding planning. She was always available to help plan. The night of the reception, I had forgotten my garter in the hotel room. She took our room key and went and got it for me. It was so nice to not have to ask a bridesmaid or family member to go! 3) The food was perfect. We have had so many guests tell us how good the food was, which is can be a challenge when planning a wedding for 175 people! 4) The wait staff met the wedding party at the door with a plate of apps, a tray full of wine glasses, and a case of beer for our guys! The best part was it was Megan's doing, nothing i needed to ask for! The extra help and ideas on a day like that is exactly what I needed. This is just one example of the many reasons I worried about nothing on my wedding day. 5) Finally it was a dream come true. I wanted a beautiful, elegant, over the top wedding and with the recommended vendors, amazing venue, fantastic staff, and attention to detail my dream wedding came true!

Fall Wedding 2015

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Shae L

We had the best experience working with Crystal Mountain! The entire staff worked hard to make my daughter's wedding "the best day ever". Julie Kearns is a fantastic coordinator and went above and beyond to assist us in planning a destination wedding.She helped us to coordinate... Read More interesting events for our guests. We loved the welcome bonfire and the rehearsal dinner was amazing!! The food and presentation for the reception were also awesome. We were proud to have our guests attend the wedding and it went off without a hitch. Amanda and Bridgette were also extremely helpful in helping us book the wedding and with our guests lodging. All in all it was "The best day ever"!

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Megan S

Crystal Mountain made my dreams come true! I seriously could not have asked for anything more. The service and value they provided from my very first call to Amanda all the way through when we checked out of our room 2 days after our wedding was nothing short of spectacular.... Read More Megan is an amazing planner and our wedding would not have been the same without her help and guidance. The food was SO good and there was plenty to go around! Crystal did our desserts as well, which were delicious! Chef Brian and his staff gave us exactly what we were envisioning including dishes that weren't on the menu as well as vegetarian and vegan options for our guests. Many of our guests told us it was the best wedding with the best food they had ever been to. The biggest decision I had to make the entire weekend was to move our ceremony location due to weather. All I had to do for the rest was SHOW UP! Thank you to the entire team at Crystal!

Tent Reception

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Katie B

We had our reception at the outdoor tent located at Crystal Mountain. It was amazing! The staff, food, and grounds were exceptional. I had always wanted an outdoor tent reception, but was nervous because of weather. At Crystal Mountain reserving the tent comes with an alternate... Read More inside venue. We didn't need it, but it was nice to know that was included. The staff does everything they can to make sure your day is perfect! They are so much fun to work with and very accommodating. Plus it was nice to have lodging right there for our guest.

2015-09-30T11:06:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review of the Mountain View Lodge & Pavilion Tent! It is also one of our favorite venues! We loved working with you as well Katie, thank you again! :)

Worth it!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Katie E

Crystal Mountain provided service above and beyond what we expected. There were some frustrations in the planning process, but on the day of the wedding I didn't have to worry about anything and the staff was so wonderful and attentive. They seemed to anticipate what needed to... Read More be done before we requested assistance, and even provided some services that were not in their contract to provide. Anything is possible at this venue regarding food, decor, service, location, etc. (and because of this, I was literally able to create the exact wedding I have always dreamed of including the ceremony and reception space), but everything that you request comes with a price. I did, however, find it worth it to be able to have all of my guests stay on-site, to have the ceremony and reception in the same location, and to have all of the catering/bar services included with the venue. Overall, I wouldn't have changed anything and am so grateful to the staff for making my wedding day truly perfect.

2015-09-30T11:07:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our venue! Our team loved working with you and making your day as smooth as possible! We hope that you visit us soon!

Beautiful & fun

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Christina D

Everything was amazing. I planned my wedding all the way from Oklahoma since my family was all up in Michigan. Julie, my coordinator was so helpful as was all the staff that is there. I definitely recommend using their preferred vendors. Crystal is a big place and using someone... Read More off that list is nice because they're familiar with the territory and the staff. I definitely think I got my money's worth. Everyone said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to.

2015-09-19T09:16:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent wedding! We are thrilled your special day was just how you pictured it, and hope that we see you and your husband soon!

Most memorable wedding venue!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015

I cannot say enough about how amazing Crystal Mountain staff and facilities were. The staff was beyond helpful and willing to seek out answers to questions we had during the planning process. My husband and I were extremely pleased with the ceremony on the mountain top, the ski... Read More lift, and our reception. The food was absolutely delicious too! Our guests were also impressed with every detail as well as the hospitality of Crystal Mountain! This is the perfect venue for a memorable wedding!

2015-07-15T14:59:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We loved working with you and planning your special day.

Great Rooms

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Cassie J

We live in a very small town, where most of the hotels have 20 rooms max. Fortunately, we were able to sign a lodging contract with Crystal Mountain, which gave our guests 10% off their stay. The rooms were beautiful! I booked a suite to stay in the night before my wedding and... Read More my wedding night. My only concern was the panic I experienced when I went to check in. They ultimately put the name under my new name, which was not told to me especially since I booked and paid for it myself without my husband and prior to our wedding (obviously). They eventually found it through the confirmation number, but those 3-5 minutes did not help my nerves!

2015-07-15T15:00:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! For weddings, we will place the reservation under your married name and I apologize that you did not know this when you booked! I am glad that you and your guests enjoyed your time on the resort, please... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Paula S

If you want to plan a perfect wedding... this is the place to start. It's beautiful, the accommodations are fantastic, lots of things for guests to enjoy, and the wedding planners are fantastic. Our daughter just got married there on the 4th of July... It was perfect!

2015-07-11T14:16:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind review! We loved working with your daughter, and new son-in-law! It was a beautiful weekend to celebrate a great couple. We hope that you visit us soon!

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 6/24/2015 Jocelyn C

They did a great job with great service - very quick to respond and willing to help!

2015-06-24T12:57:18 Response from the vendor

Hi Jocelyn! Thank you so much for your review! Your wedding was beautiful, and we enjoyed planning with you as well. We hope to see you and Chris soon! Cheers!!!

Intimate Spring Wedding

Reviewed on 6/21/2015

My husband and I were beyond impressed with Crystal Mountain Resort! We had a very small wedding (about 15 guests) and used the resort's Mountain Top Townhomes as the location for our wedding. The staff took great care of us! Reserving the townhomes with the best mountain view,... Read More allowing early check in for our guests, and delivering gifts and hand written cards to us, signed by every staff member who helped in the process! We held our private reception dinner at The Thistle restaurant. The service and food was amazing! The staff was genuinely happy to be there with us and cared about the quality of their service. We are so happy we chose Crystal Mountain Resort for our wedding location! Our day was perfect! And now we have a beautiful place to return to every year for our anniversary!

2015-06-23T10:12:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. We loved hosting your intimate wedding, and hope that you will visit us soon!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Anna S

we did a staycaution at crystal and the serivce was great

Great Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Lindsey B

Beautiful mountain top ceremony and outdoor reception. Megan was great to work with, awesome communication. Service was great. The whole weekend was amazing and staff were all so helpful. I highly recommend this venue.

Crystal Mountain Resort and Spa; Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Kaelyn G

Awesome wedding venue! Aside from the gorgeous property that is hard not to fall in love with right away. The staff is extremely accommodating. They respond in a timely manner, and worked perfectly with all my other vendors ( DJ, officiate, photographer, florist). I had some... Read More bumps along the way, which is common while planning a wedding. But I wouldn't have considered any other place to spend our special day!

Perfect Venue with Tailored Service

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Jennifer R

The staff is very attentive, on-task, flexible with all choices, you felt you were the only wedding that day. The open bar and appetizer's were worth every penny. The dinner at the tasting was great, the dinner at the wedding was average. Crystal Mountain is convenient for a... Read More wedding because everything is on site for single folks, families and wedding party needs. Fun amenities: golf course, pool, spa, alpine slide, music on the top of gondola for free. You did not have to entertain your guests. It was fun to run into your our guests at Crystal Mtn. Crystal Mtn. is near Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes, Traverse City, Point Betsie Lighthouse/Beach and breweries. Your guests will have plenty to do on and off the resort. The only kicker was the cost of the accommodations but it is your wedding so it's a perfect time to splurge and enjoy the conveniences and amenities that are associated with cost. As an out of state planner, Crystal Mtn was exceptional to work with. Every person we dealt with was top notch making it efficient to plan a wedding.

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Chandra D

Julie, you and your staff did SUCH AN AMAZING JOB at Kristin and Matt's wedding!! You went above and beyond your duties and I truly appreciate all the help and hard work you put into this event!! It really was an event to remember!! Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!!... Read More xx Chandra

Perfect wedding weekend

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Sarah I

We just got married at crystal mountain on July 26th. It was a great weekend! Everything was perfect from our ceremony on top of the mountain with breathtaking views to the amazing food served at the reception. We had a lot of our guest telling us how great the food was and how... Read More nice and helpful all the servers were. Julie was our wedding contact with crystal and is was amazing to work with. We were overall very pleased with crystal mountain for our wedding! The only issue we had was with the room accommodations with crystal. We had several people that had issues getting rooms. Some were told they had to book two nights while others were allowed to book one night. Pricing was a bit high for some of our guest.... Over $200 for one night.

Review of Crystal Mountain Resort as wedding venue

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Kat A

My husband and I were just married in July of 2014 at Crystal Mountain Resort and we had a terrific experience. We were an out-of-town couple and the staff at Crystal Mountain was very accommodating to meet with us on weekends and even holiday weekends when we could make it up... Read More to plan to wedding. The venue was fabulous. The ceremony took place at the top of the mountain of the resort and it was beautiful. Crystal Mountain provides all the food and beverages for the reception. We were initially concerned about the food from the food tastings we had attended at Crystal Mountain but the food the day of was fabulous and much better than at the tastings. The staff was terrific the entire time. Our wedding coordinator, Megan, was incredibly responsive and responded to my many emails within a day every time. Also, we had a few unusual requests for the wedding, and Megan made sure to make them happen for us no matter what it took. The staff the day of the wedding took care of everything so we could just enjoy ourselves and have fun. All of our guests said their rooms were very nice and spacious. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking near this area of Michigan and honestly, none of the nearby options compare.

Perfect Summer Wedding

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Lynnsey K

From the initial information request to finalizing the details, Crystal Mountain was there for you every step of the way. They were very accessible to answer any and all questions you may have about booking/planning the wedding. They will really work with you to make your day... Read More perfect. I would highly recommend anyone looking for the perfect Northern Michigan wedding to book here!!

Wedding review

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Connie V

Excellent service. Very accommodating. Very friendly and helpful. The resort was perfect for fun for all guests.

Best Service!!!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Jenna L

I just recently had my wedding at Crystal Mountain. I can only say positive things about my service!!! I planned from out of town, and have crazy work hours. I was able to do most of my planning via email, and it worked so well!! The planning was so easy! They helped me choose... Read More my outside vendors as well from a Bridal Expo held there. I also had a Welcome Reception there. Everything was perfect!! The grounds are beautiful. The staff went above and beyond for me and all of my guests. Many guests lodging was upgraded to larger accommodations with no charge! My guests had nothing but great things to say about their stay and service. I would highly recommend having a wedding there! Everything was amazing!!

Wedding Rehearsal / wedding reception

Reviewed on 6/20/2014

Our youngest Son and daughter in-law got married on June 14 2014 in Onekema, MI. My daughter in-law really wanted the reception at Crystal Mountain. We decided to do the rehearsal dinner there as well since most of his groomsmen would be staying there as well since they were all... Read More from out of state/town. From the time we started the planning, the service went above and beyond. Julie went out of her way to help with all the planning. She was prompt on getting back to any ?'s we had. From check in to check out you couldn't have found a more professional, polite and willing to help staff. Kevin was in charge of the rehearsal dinner, he was on top of working around our schedule since we were running a little late. The food was hot and there was plenty of it. He found out one of the bridesmaid was on a gluten free diet and arranged for that on his own. The next day Julie made sure she was available for helping set up the reception room, and any questions we had. Julie was suppose to work until 5pm, instead she stayed until 8 helping out with any ?'s. Tami was in charge of the food service, which was amazing. Everyone was served prompt and once again there was plenty of it. The bartenders also did an excellent job. The chairlift took anyone from the wedding for a ride up to the top of one of the hills for another beautiful few of Crystal Mountain. Every family member and friend that I talked to loved their rooms, suites, golf course and the grounds of Crystal Mountain as well as the food and ice cream bar. Too bad this is the last of weddings for us, but my husband and myself as well as our son and his new wife and all of our family and friends would definitely recommend Crystal Mountain as a wedding destination. Karen

Best. Wedding. Ever.

Reviewed on 6/12/2014 Molly R

If you choose Crystal Mountain for your wedding/reception you will not be disappointed! From the first time we walked in to see the location until we went to bed on our wedding night, I was so impressed with the service and staff. The customer service is outstanding, our... Read More wedding was perfect and I can't say enough good things about it. So GO! Get married there! Now!!

2014-09-23T11:59:59 Response from the vendor

We loved hosting your special day! Thank you very much for the kind words!

TO Crystal Mountain