Crystal Springs Resort

Hamburg, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

NJ's Luxury Resort Wedding Destination

Crystal Springs Resort offers indoor/outdoor wedding venues, 4 wedding gardens, on-site culinary team, 3 luxury hotels; 2 spas w/bridal suites, 7 golf course, a natural grass putting course, 135,000 bottle wine cellar, heated indoor/outdoor pools as well as skiing/snow tubing/bike park/water park.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club, Hotel, Mountain, Restaurant

Food + Catering, Planning

3 Wild Turkey Way, Hamburg, NJ

A Hidden Gem!

Reviewed on 3/18/2013 Samantha D

I could not be happier with our decision to have our wedding at Crystal Springs! It was everything that I could have hoped for and more. We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception at Grand Cascades Country Club. The venue was absolutely perfect. It was the very... Read More first place my husband and I went to look at and I as soon as we walked in I was sold! Well, I was already sold from the pictres online but I wanted to make sure it was everything I thought it was in person - and it certainly was. The scenery and views up there are nothing short of spectacular! Everyone at Crystal Springs was incredibly helpful and professional, and our wedding coordinator Sarah was a pleasure to work with and is as sweet as can be! She was there every step of the way whenever I had a question or concern. Our Maitre D' for the wedding day/night was Russel and he was just THE BEST! He was so attentive, and was there to make sure everything went off without a hitch. Everytime I turned around Russell was there to lend a helping hand or help me with my dress, or hand me a drink, take my flowers, etc. - before I even asked for anything he was there already doing it! I didn't have to worry about a thing. The ballroom at Grand Cascades is spectacular with high ceilings and windows all around, I was blown away when we walked into the room with all of the place settings, centerpieces and uplighting. It was breathtaking! And the food was phenomenal!!! All of our guests raved about the cocktail hour - not only the gorgeous room it was in but the quality and quantity of food was incredible. I could go on and on... but to sum things up - this place is the best of the best!

SO Pretty

Reviewed on 1/25/2013 Carly D

Such a pretty resort! The room was spacious and clean!

Most Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 12/27/2012 Kelly B

Crystal Springs Country Club - Grand Cascades Lodge put on an amazing wedding! I loved every single detail of my wedding. The place is elegant with scenery you can not beat! The food was amazing also! If you are looking for a destination wedding close to home this is the place... Read More to do it. The hotels on site are wonderful, as is the accommodations. Everything about this place makes you feel like you are first class. The wedding coordinator is a dream to work with! I truly had an amazing wedding experience here.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Shay C

Our wedding took place on 7-9-16 with our reception taking place at the beautiful Ballyowen Golf Club. It's spectacular views, rustic charm, and overall beauty initially sold us! We had heard the food was good, but it was absolutely delicious! Guests are still raving about it :]... Read More Julie was extremely helpful with making sure we had what we wanted and needed in our contract and also in executing the morning after breakfast. Silje, our wedding coordinator, always made us feel calm and answered all of our many questions during the planning process. Thanks to her, on the day of the wedding, the room came together so much better than I had been imagining. Luis, our maitre d', didn't miss a beat. He made sure everything ran smoothly and that all guests, myself, and my husband were truly happy. I seriously had no worries!! All were a pleasure to work with. Guests commented on how truly amazing the entire event went. Right down to the way the servers presented the meals at each table. They made sure every single person at that table was presented with their entrees simultaneously. I guess guests really appreciated that. It was honestly everything we dreamed of and more. Thank you Ballyowen!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Catherine R

There are no words to describe how perfect our experience was at Grand Cascades Lodge for our Memorial Day Weekend wedding! Every detail went off without a hitch. The wedding planning staff was quick to respond with every inquiry we had throughout the planning process. They had... Read More great ideas and patience in determining my exact vision for the night. The whole wedding process was so much fun. Even the food tasting felt like a special occasion! They did an incredible job setting up the evening of our wedding and made us feel so incredibly special. There were so many special surprises throughout our reception. I really cannot say enough about the staff. Daniel, the maitre d' was terrific! In fact, my bridesmaids (many of whom are married themselves) still talk about how jealous they were and how much we lucked out having such a wonderful, helpful person by my side the whole night. From handing my mom and mother in law tissues during the first dance, to collecting us when our guests handed us gifts, and making sure that we were eating- he was there for us in every way. Terry was also wonderful and the sweetest presence while preparing for the reception! I cannot say enough good things about them. They were incredible. Guests still tell us how much they loved the beautiful, unique cocktail hour location and how neat the military style serving was during dinner. We loved our experience at Grand Cascades. The resort is beautiful and there is so much opportunity for all of your guests to enjoy themselves before and after the big day as well. I highly recommend this venue! For us, it was perfect!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Allison P

Ballyowen was hands down the most amazing venue. I could not be happier with every moment of the wedding. Our maitre d' Luis, was phenomenal, he went around to every table to ensure our guests were taken care of. He also helped in the coordination and smooth operation of the... Read More entire wedding day. The staff was incredibly professional and accommodating. The best part was how gorgeous the entire venue was. When the sun began to set, my new hubby and I went out for photos. Almost all of our guests also went outside to take their own pictures. We couldn't have been luckier with the weather. I 100% recommend this venue. I loved every minute of it.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Michael W

The resort itself is BEAUTIFUL, however the woman who "helped" my husband and I as we were looking for a venue for our wedding was VERY unprofessional and rude. We were paying for our wedding ourselves and had been saving for over 2 years to do so. When we were deciding about... Read More what we wanted to do we were interrupted by the woman who was showing us around and told "why don't you go ask your parents what they think of it?" as if we were children being told we could not possibly afford that venue on our own. When I told her that our parents were not involved in the planning of the wedding she simply made another rude comment and scowled as if we were not valuable enough for her time. From that point on we were very turned off and could not imagine booking something so expensive with someone who treated us like children. The venue itself is gorgeous and I am sure any wedding there would be beautiful but with customer service like that I did not see the point in spending a cent to be treated poorly.

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Amanda H

When I first visited Grand Cascades Lodge, I knew it was the place I wanted to get married. The grounds are so beautiful, especially to have an outdoor ceremony in May. The ballroom is gorgeous as well with high ceilings and beautiful chandeliers. It fit our 167 guests... Read More comfortably and many of our guests were from out of town so having the resort there was perfect as well. Everyone had a blast and raved about how wonderful the food and service was the whole night. I also cannot say enough nice things about Jean, Sarah, Jenna and Daniel. Jean was so helpful and worked with my fiance and I in signing the contract and then passed us off to Sarah and her assistant Jenna who helped with the entire planning phase. Jean was still always there to ask if we needed anything though. Sarah is the sweetest and really made sure that any questions that I had along the way was answered. She was also able to accommodate any special requests I made and really eased my anxiety during planning. I did not have to worry about anything on the day of my wedding except to just get ready. Daniel was my maitre d and he was THE BEST! He was there to help with anything that I needed after the ceremony. If I needed a drink, Daniel was there to hand me one. It was difficult for my fiance and I to find the time to eat during our cocktail/reception so Daniel set up our food in the bridal suite so we could take a couple minutes away to enjoy it. He was extremely thoughtful the whole night. My wedding went perfectly and I am so thankful to the team at GCL for that!

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Hope M

From the minute we chose Minerals Hotel as the place to get married, my husband and I have been nothing but amazed. Nicole, our wedding coordinator, was great to work with and was very responsive to any and all questions I had. We knew we made the right choice after our... Read More tasting and our wedding guests have still been talking about not only how good the food was, but the sheer amount of food at the cocktail hour and reception dinner! Once we arrived at our actual wedding day, the day went off without a hitch. The staff takes care of everything and is there to assist the minute you need anything, from our bridal attendant to the maître d'. I could not have been more impressed with the level of service. No detail was left out and they listened to all our requests and needs. If I could get married all over again, I would do it at Minerals Hotel hands down. It's a great place to spend the weekend with your wedding guests and who knew the Kites Restaurant turns in to such a party on the weekends!

Reviewed on 2/15/2016 Dawn N

Our wedding was at Minerals Resort & Spa. The staff at Minerals did a phenomenal job with every detail of our wedding. Our coordinator, Nicole, was extremely helpful, attentive, and thorough throughout the planing process and on our wedding day. I can't thank her enough. Our... Read More maitre d', Stephanie, was also phenomenal, and the rest of the staff was excellent and very attentive as well. The food was incredible; even months later, our guests were still raving about how delicious everything was. Thank you to the Minerals staff for all your hard work in helping make our wedding as wonderful as it was!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Amanda K

We absolutely LOVED having our wedding here. The booking was a breeze, and Nicole was a huge help in making our contract fit all of our needs for our wedding day! We were always in contact with her - even if I sent her the tiniest questions, she would respond promptly and... Read More happily. We had our wedding reception in the outdoors pavilion, which at the time was quite new for them to do. Between the time of booking and the wedding, they had completely renovated the bathrooms there (they're so beautiful now!) which was a relief since they weren't in great shape before! They know exactly what they've got and they're definitely putting money and time into making the pavilion the go-to spot for outdoor receptions. We were able to pretty much do whatever we wanted to it - we actually hired a lighting company to come and stick up cafe lights all over for the night, and they let us have fire pits in the sand in case anyone wanted to hang out there instead of dance. The ONLY problem I can't give it 5 stars is the room booking. We were promised, that since we were the only wedding on premises, that we would have plenty of rooms for anyone who wanted to stay, which was NOT the case. They ran out before our wedding party even started booking. It all got figured out in the end - other weddings at their other locations eventually had extra rooms, but by the time we were able to get them, some of our guests had changed their mind and decided not to book. There was also miscommunication with the front desk, and often... for example, guests would call to book a room and would be told there was no breakfast included, when there in fact was. Someone would call and be told there were no more rooms available, and we would call right afterwards to check and they'd say there was one room left. They also ran out of breakfast vouchers for the guests when they checked in, and some guests ate in the dining room and paid for it themselves because they weren't aware that we had a separate buffet for them. These are things that I'm sure can and will get ironed out in time. Our wedding day at Minerals was absolutely perfect and I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Renee T

Ballyowen is an amazing venue! Just had our wedding there last weekend, and we could not have been happier. The scenery is amazing and the grounds are so well kept. Many guests commented how beautiful the flowers were and assumed we paid extra! Everything we had from the... Read More cocktail hour through dessert was delicious! A huge stand out for this venue is the service. Silje is amazing and answers every question, and I had a ton! She is quick and covers everything you need. Luis, the maitre d, is seriously the best. On the day of your wedding, you will have NOTHING to worry about. He takes care of everything you could want and more! The whole staff the night of was amazing, and multiple guests commented how amazing the service was. For the price, it is a standout venue! Couldn't be happier! Thank you Ballyowen!

Grand Cascades Rock N Roll Glamour Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Chevonne I

My wedding at Grand Cascades Lodge was absolutely amazing. I'm a pretty unconventional bride -- I'm a wedding singer by trade, and my husband and I co-front an original hard rock band. I've also sung backup vocals on A-list pop arena tours and competed in a reality singing... Read More competition, so I've seen it all when it comes to large-scale event production. Grand Cascades delivered and beyond in terms of helping us create a truly personal, unique, whimsical, warm, and luxe production. Sarah, the venue's in-house coordinator, was a champ with all the specific questions my mom and I had about logistics. We designed all of the event decor ourselves (including the seating chart, bouquets/boutonnieres, centerpieces for both the reception and cocktail hour, and hotel guest/favor bags) so Sarah was instrumental in helping us build the DIY aesthetic we wanted. She walked us through every aspect of planning without blinking an eye or getting annoyed with our constant emails. :) Vesna, the in-house florist (Crystal Florist), was invaluable as well. She was super cheerful as she hauled her van multiple times to our house to pick up all the decor, and she set it up unbelievably. She arranged a beautiful chuppah for our ceremony, which was scheduled for indoors (it rained) two hours prior. Vesna came through with no problems! She and Sarah also rounded up ALL of our decor and special personal items (family photos, custom cupcake topper, etc), and arranged a bunch of the reception decor pieces the next morning at the wedding brunch. Vesna was a total pleasure to work with -- everyone who books Grand Cascades should take advantage of her craftsmanship (and amazing pricing)! The food at GCL was to die for. Our cocktail hour stations were awesome, and none of the food had that mass-produced, dry, flavorless vibe. Guest favorites included the calamari at the Taste Of Italy station, bacon-wrapped scallops, baby lamb chops, the Southern Hospitality station, and the Hanger steak at the carving station. For our entrees, we chose the NY Strip, the grilled salmon, the cornish game hen, and the truffle ravioli as a veg option. All were perfect!! Dessert was a home run as well -- and what a beautiful setup in the Rotunda! The mixologist worked with us on a signature cocktail (a maple old-fashioned), and everyone was very well-lubricated with a wine selection approved by the venue's sommelier. Some more star employees of the night were Daniel (the maitre'd), who kept us moving and controlled the timing of the event with grace and politeness, Russell, the extremely sweet and warm banquet manager, and Terri, the bridal attendant. They were all so friendly and accommodating -- I am a very independent broad, but they made sure to assuage all of my type-A control-freak worries. They all helped me a great deal -- because of them, I was able to fully enjoy the night without having to worry about all of the parts I set into motion by planning the night myself. I could go on -- the ballroom was a great space for our badass 12-piece rock-leaning wedding band; they always sounded perfect. My band performed a few songs as well, which was a dream. We partied in that room until 12:30am and continued in the Tavern bar until about 2am! The bar staff was great to us by staying open after close (1:15) because our guests were all so well-behaved. :) The hotel rooms were gorgeous, huge, & homey. Service all around was great! I could go on...

Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 8/28/2015 Erin C

We fell in love with Grand Cascades at Crystal Springs right away. We are both teachers and got married in the summer, which makes it difficult to negotiate. The staff there worked with us a little, but did not offer much for our tight budget. With that being said, we feel we... Read More got a lot for our money and the staff was excellent! Sarah the wedding coordinator there was always there to answer questions and help us when we needed her. All staff were nice, respectful, and they made the day run seamlessly. The food was delicious and you can not ask for a more beautiful setting. Everything was gorgeous and we are so happy we chose to have our wedding there.

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Cait R

Positives: -A great value. Nowhere else we visited offered the same quality/amount of food for a similar price. -Grounds are beautifully maintained. The rustic simplicity fit our style perfectly. -Silje, the wedding coordinator, is professional, calm and responsive. -Renee... Read More Lee, the hotel block coordinator is also professional and responsive. Our welcome boxes were distributed free of charge (some hotels charge a fee to hand them out). Negatives: -The rehearsal for our Saturday night wedding was scheduled for 5:30pm the Friday night prior with dinner to follow at 8pm. Nine days before, we were told that our rehearsal had to be moved to noon because another wedding booked. Silje compromised on timing with us for 3:30pm. We were frustrated because a groomsmen's brother attended that Friday night wedding and was invited to it months prior. We understood that Ballyowen pushed our rehearsal in order to make $$ but we should have been notified of the change MUCH earlier. -When we attended a wedding at Ballyowen prior to our own, I noticed that the handicapped stall in the women's bathroom leaks quite a bit. I informed Julie that this was a huge safety concern. She told me she didn't see the leak and therefore nothing was fixed. The toilet was still leaking during our wedding. -Our guests booked 43 rooms at Minerals Hotel. The discounted rate for August 2015 was $207. Breakfast was not included and was quite pricey. One of our guests found bloody underwear in their bed. Certainly not the "value" that our reception was... -I spoke with Frank the transportation coordinator and let him know that we needed shuttles for 125 people minimum. He assured me that he would reserve the shuttles that day and that it would be handled. On the day of, some of our guests were shuttled in good quality white shuttles, others were transported on the light blue Mountain Creek SCHOOL mini bus. Not the end of the world, but shouldn't have happened.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Liz P

We booked Grand Cascades Lodge for a wedding of about 160 people. Crystal Springs gives you the ability to feel like you are on a destination wedding even though it is only about an hour and a half from New York City. Since many of our friends and family were from out of town,... Read More this was the perfect venue to spend the weekend. The food is amazing, there are numerous activities, plus it is just gorgeous. Sarah, the wedding coordinator is great and super sweet, as is Jean who you will work with initially to book the venue. If you are looking for a gorgeous setting with top notch amenities that is away from the hustle and bustle of the city this is your place. It oozes extravagance without being pretentious. We also had our rehearsal dinner here the night before and have nothing but positive things to say. They will make sure that your day is special- would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Margo G

We visited crystal springs - grand cascades lodge the day we got engaged, and we knew we found our venue! The rotunda is absolutely breathtaking, as well as the grounds and ballroom. My now-husband and I prioritized having a hotel attached to the venue and wanted to make it a... Read More "weekend getaway" without the crazy travel. From day 1 to day 365 (we got married exactly 1 year later), Jean and Sarah were unbelievably responsive, accommodating, and easy to work with. We ended up having everything at the resort - rehearsal dinner, welcome party, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, after-party, Sunday brunch, golf for the groomsmen, and used Reflections spa to get ready on the day-of (with lunch). Everything was impeccable. The food is extremely tasty, and the brochure offers so many options it was hard to choose! The grounds of crystal springs were spectacular, and really made for the perfect backdrop for our outdoor ceremony (and photos). We were thrilled with our wedding, and cannot say enough fabulous things about the experience. Added bonus: i was a stress free bride during my entire engagement, including the day of, and i credit Sarah and Jean (and my mother) for keeping it that way.

A Great Choice!

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Michelle S

We got married at Minerals Resort and Spa in August 2014. We loved working with Nicole. She was always available to answer questions, give advice or help with details. Having the hotel on site makes Minerals so convenient! We did not have to worry about our guests getting from... Read More place to place as everything was right on site. The ceremony garden is absolutely gorgeous! The reception room is spacious and has a great dance floor. Our guests really loved relaxing in the pools and playing golf at the resort. Several of our guests stayed at Minerals for the entire weekend and were very impressed with how they were treated from the moment they arrived until the time they left. We would definitely recommend Minerals, everything went off without a hitch just as we had imagined!

Amazing

Reviewed on 12/06/2014 Stephanie M

Tthis venue was perfect for our November wedding!! I can't even begin to explain how happy we are that we made the decisions to use Black Bear! The staff was so friendly and helpful! The Food- AMAZING!! Added bonus- FIRE PIT!!!! It's what every north Jersey girl needs at her... Read More wedding! The backdrop on the course is was beautiful!! Highly recommend Black Bear!!!!

Gorgeous Venue!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Stephanie S

We LOVED having our wedding at Ballyowen! The setting was gorgeous, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and attentive! Special thanks to Louis, the maitre d', for making my husband and I feel so special on our wedding day!

Beautiful Black Bear!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Juliette V

Our wedding on July 19th, 2014 was wonderful thanks to the beautiful backdrop of the Black Bear Golf Club's scenic mountains, golf course, and landscaping. Our guests had a wonderful time in the outdoor lounge area, fully stocked bar, and newly renovated ballroom. There was even... Read More a fire pit (although we were busy having so much fun and didn't even see it!) and it was a beautiful summer night. Linda Griger, their Maitre D', was truly the highlight of the whole experience. She ran the entire event, was always ready and there when you needed her, and was a gracious, fun person to spend your special day with! We are so happy with the wonderful package that we got from the venue, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful venue in NJ!

Best Day of Our Lives!

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Laine H

Originally, we chose Black Bear Golf Club as our reception venue, not only because it is a beautiful venue, but also because even if it rained on our wedding day there are different areas within the golf club to accommodate cocktail area, the recpetion ballroom, a covered patio... Read More area with clean and comfortable furniture outside, adequate restrooms for our guests, and even a full locker room for the wedding party to freshen up. With that being said it did not rain on our wedding day, we had more than perfect weather, and we still utilized all of the different areas and received many compliments on the use and flow of the space. Usually, people talk most about the food at weddings and we received rave reviews from our friends and family! They could not believe the abundance offered in cocktail hour and then the filet mignon that the majority of our guests chose was cooked to perfection (I come from a family of butchers so this was important). Many use the words "like butter" to describe the filet. I also heard the words "flavorful" and "great quality" when describing the food. Their packages do offer many hot stations, cold stations, and passed hors d'oeuvres. Linda our Maitre D for the day was more than accommodating, she was amazing! We had an open bar for our guests and she inquired if we should have extra on hand of one thing over another, such as more white wines than red (which we requested). She also brought in extra of a specific beer that they don't normally carry. She set up all of our escort cards, favors, table numbers with additional photos, finger print tree, etc. for us, exactly where we would have placed them! We took our wedding party out on the golf course to take extremely fun photos, and they had 8 golf carts ready to go for us and it was more than fun than we anticiapted! When we got back Linda had the mens locker room set up with food platters, wine and beers for the whole bridal party so that we could enjoy ourselves while freshening up! She checked in with us through out the night and replenished our drinks at our sweetheart table all night as well. My husband said at one point our friends were hanging out further down the patio away from some of the patio furniture and Linda grabbed a server and the two of them dragged a couple of high top tables down where our guests were so that they could set their drinks on the tables and have ash trays for the cigarette smokers. Those are only a couple of specific examples that we experienced with Linda and her beyond attentive and amazing staff! Black Bear Golf Club is booked through a Crystal Springs sales representative, which means that booking the venue through them we also received some perks such as a foursome round of golf and 1 night free in a luxury suite. Additionally, they offered an extra incentive if we paid x amount of money before a certain date and by doing so recieved another round of golf, another night free in a luxury suite, and a $500 gift card which we chose to use to upgrade to the presidential suite. They also provided shuttles for our guests so those who chose to drink did not have to pay for a cab! Overall, we always prepare ourselves for "worst case senarios" for example rain the day of, but we ended up with the most beautiful day weather wise, we stuck to our guns and did everything that we wanted to do and chose vendors that undertsood the vision and ambiance that we had for the whole day and it truly was the best day of our lives!!!

Like a dream!

Reviewed on 12/17/2013 Rachel S

From the moment we saw Ballyowen we knew we had to get married there. The grounds were breathtaking, the ceremony garden was beautiful and the cocktail hour and reception buildings were unique and classy with a rustic look we were hoping for. Working with Nicole, the on-site... Read More wedding planner was so fun! She is such a doll and is extremely responsive over any and every question you may have. The food...oh my, the food.... it was so delicious!! Go check it out and book it immediately - you won't regret it!!

Perfect venue for our day

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Sarah B

Minerals was a perfect ceremony and reception venue for our day. Kathy and Danielle and the entire staff were amazing from start to finish. They really put forth everything to give you the most special and perfect day!

Black Bear Golf Course

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Danny M

Great venue, delicious food, awesome hotel, and incredible views. We married at Black Bear Golf Course and we could not be happier with our decision. Absolutely beautiful place.