Because the love of their life isn't always a size

For the more shapely bride, we understand that finding your dream gown may be a daunting challenge. Featuring the largest collection of designer gowns to fit sizes 12-32, we are committed to providing the personal service and attention every bride deserves when planning her special day.

Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Online Ordering, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

9130 T Red Branch Rd, Columbia, MD (410) 740-7052
INSTAGRAM

Bride - Mrs. Jenkins

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Lisa S

I was so very impressed with the ladies at Curvaceous Couture. First of all the fact that they only specialize in "Sexy Curvy Girls" I loved it, you have to be a size 14 to 24 to shop there and all of the gowns go from simple to blinged out. Its a great variety of gowns for us... Read More "Sexy Curvy Girl". The ladies there are very nice to EVERYONE it doesnt matter what walks of life you come from and I really love them for that and the services is EXCELLENT. And I just want to add that its a black owned bridal place and it has that very high class stature and all the ladies have that very warm and inviting attitude that made my experience there great. They really know how to make each bride feel special. I luck up and found them on the internet after trying so many other bridal places that really didnt have any "show stopper" gowns for us "real size women". The bridal gown I got at Curvaceous Couture was SO BEAUTIFUL and everyone at my wedding couldnt stop telling me so but the number one person in my book that I couldnt wait to see it was my now husband and he loved my dress as well. I really felt like a princess that day and Curvaceous Couture I owe you wonderful ladies for that and I cant thank you enough. I highly recommend every bride to go CURVACEOUS COUTURE you will not regret it. Sincerely, Lisa

Terrific experience!

Reviewed on 12/18/2013 Erin B

This shop was such an amazing place to look for and purchase a gown. They have a large selection of stunning gowns and they fit women who are larger than the typical sample size. The store is a beautiful spacious place to shop with great mirrors to admire the gorgeous dresses.... Read More My consultant was incredibly helpful (Shannon) and she really listened to me. She found the perfect dress for me! I've ordered it and am excitedly anticipating its arrival! Thank you, Curvaceous Couture!

Easy, fun, and gorgeous!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Natalie C

Curvaceous Couture is fabulous. I had such a wonderful(and quick) time finding my wedding gown at their shop. It was quick simply because they helped me find the absolute perfect dress. They are lovely, flexible, and professional.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Agata K

As a plus size gal ... I have to be completely honest - I was dreading going wedding dress shopping. This was something that I should have been beyond excited about and here I was mortified that I was not going to find something, or even worse not going to be able to try on any... Read More dresses because let's be serious "normal" shops don't carry bigger sizes. I found Curvaceous Couture and I can't praise them enough ... they made all of my fears go away and better yet they had so many beautiful dresses that I didn't know where to start! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful ... making sure that you are comfortable and happy every step of the way. I found my dress at my first visit and didn't need to go anywhere else! I feel beautiful and can not wait for my groom to see me as his Cinderella on our big day! Thank you ladies for making my wedding dress experience amazing and for chasing away all my fears!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Jarvia T

Thank the Lord for Curvaceous Couture! As a plus size bride, my biggest concern was finding a dress that fit and fit well and I found it. This store has many options and the sample sizes are plus sized so you can see how the wedding dress will actually look on you. The staff is... Read More friendly and it’s a family owned business so you really feel that you get that personal touch. If you are a bride on a budget, I will tell you that you may break the bank. I don’t think Curvaceous Couture is more expensive than other bridal boutiques, however budget brides looking to spend under $1,000 should find the nearest David’s Bridal. However, the difference in quality is huge! The dresses at this store are really pretty and made with quality. Their seamstress is amazing, and being a plus size woman, I wouldn’t have even considered going elsewhere for alterations. Bottom line: I looked amazing on my wedding day, did not stress one bit about finding a dress, losing weight to fit my dress, or any of the other madness we put ourselves through. Thank you curvaceous couture.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Ariel L

Yaaaaassss! Hahaha! All the way from NYC. WHY DONT WE HAVE ONE LOCALLY?! Anyway! The true MVPs here. Thank you for helping me get into the gown of my dreams. The staff here was always so helpful. And in one trip I found my dress dress !! (Will attach photos) thank you guys!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jill N

I had tried on several dozen white wedding dresses at about a dozen bridal shops when I walked into Curvaceous Couture. “I think I’m done with white dresses; what else ya got?” They did not pressure me at all to try on any of their white dresses (which I could see the incentive... Read More to do, since they’re at minimum 4x the price of any of the evening dresses they sold). They directed me to their evening/prom wear section and I tried on a half-dozen I think. When I tried on the one I ultimately selected, my friend, and other patrons in the store who’d seen me come out in each dress, were all aflutter. “You’re going to get that one, right? You should get that one!” Fortunately, I agreed with them, and my wedding dress hunt was finally, thankfully, over! I thought I would want a red dress, but the blue dress I got was simply beautiful. Salesperson listened to what I wanted, pulled dresses she thought I would like, and was great helping me into and out of them. The blue dress I got was so inexpensive, I bought it thinking, “Heck, even if I decide to keep looking for a wedding dress, I want to get this dress for some unspecified future occasion.” (But after I bought it, I found I was more than ready to be done wedding dress shopping. It was the worst part of the whole planning process.) At the time of sale, they had a seamstress take a look at how it might be altered to better fit me, and gave me an estimate of what that would cost. They sent the dress home with me and told me to call several months later to schedule a fitting and alterations. I got that done in a timely fashion and it ended up costing one third of what they estimated. When I went for the final fitting, I asked them to hem it up a little further than they wanted, because it was interfering with my dancing (they have enough space that I twirled around a bit to test it out). They cut a bit more and hemmed it again while I waited, very fast and easy. My friend who went with me had her daughter go there to find a prom dress shortly after, and she got a great one and had a wonderful experience too. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Lauren C

I cannot say enough good thing about Curvaceous Couture. They were my first stop when I went dress shopping and I immediately fell in love. Everyone at the store was wonderful and they had a huge selection of dresses that I loved. I ended up finding my dress at a different store... Read More and even if my dress shopping experience at Curvaceous Couture ended there, I would still recommend them. The store was beautiful, their dressing rooms were spacious and spotless, their gowns were stunning and their staff was so friendly and welcoming. Unfortunately, the other store ended up destroying my dress and I was left without a dress 6 weeks before my wedding. Luckily, Curvaceous Couture saved the day! They were able to fit me in for a last minute appointment one evening and could not have been more understanding and sympathetic about my situation. During my appoint, my sales consultant and the store's owners, Yukia and Yunesia, found me several dresses that I loved and that were able to sell me right off the rack. With their help, I found a dress I loved even more than my original dress. They then made the situation even better by offering me the price the dress would be sold for at an upcoming sample sale. Their seamstress, Amy, did an impeccable job taking a dress many sizes too big and making it fit perfectly. Curvaceous Couture was able to take a terrible situation and turn dress shopping back into a wonderful experience. Thanks to them, I felt more beautiful in my dress than I ever imagined I could.

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Natalie B

“Try, Don’t Buy” Short Version: Take advantage of the plus size sample sizes to find the best silhouette, material, designer, etc. for you. But save yourself the headache and buy elsewhere, particularly with good tailoring. Long version: I’m sad to say that my experience at... Read More Curvaceous Couture was a mixed to negative one. The dress appointment to try on dresses was wonderful. The consultant was upbeat and open to letting us take pictures with the dresses on so I could see what photographed well. She even asked me if we could try on a particular dress because the sample size was a 16 and most of their clientele’s size are in the mid-to-upper twenties. I felt petite, beautiful, and confident, which is what every woman wants to feel at her appointment. When it came time to choose a dress, I couldn’t decided because I felt that most dresses looked amazing on. In the end, the consultant picked one final dress, which is what ended up being “the one.” I purchased the dress with a crystal belt to accentuate my waist. The negative aspect hit with alternations. FYI: All costs must be paid on the first alternations appointment (the rest of the dress cost and the entire cost of alternations). The alternations were horrible! See details below: 1) It costed almost $700. We were promised that this would cover the alternations from the first appointment all the way to the wedding. This was not the case. They expected us to pay for any alternations done on separate appointments. 2) During the 1st appointment, the seamstress made one side of the bust considerably looser than the other. When I pointed it out, she said they would take care of it on the second appointment. I still insisted that they do something about the shape (one was pointed and the other was more rounded). She did it begrudgingly, but it didn't fix the fit of the top. 3) On my 2nd appointment, I found out the seamstress took in the whole dress too small because she overheard me tell my mom that I wanted to lose more weight before the wedding. Because I purchased a fit-and-flare dress (one that's fitted until the tops of my thighs), this required me to go on a severe diet so I could loose enough weight for it to fit on my wedding day, which meant I couldn't participate in a bachelorette party or go out to eat with loved ones for fear of gaining inches. 4) We were kicked out of the 2nd appointment. Yes, kicked out! Apparently, they assumed I would just try on the dress, give my okay to have it steamed and pick it up two weeks before the wedding. So they only gave me a 15 minute slot, without telling me. So while we're arguing with the seamstress about the fit and that she wanted to charge more money to attach the belt (even though it's supposed to be included), one of the owners literally demanded that we leave and proceed to grab my things and throw it out of the room. Great way to treat a customer who has already paid over $2500! 5) In addition to other mishaps, on the day of the wedding, we found out they gave us the wrong veil (there goes $200), the bust was HUGE because they refused to take it in (the owner tried to convince us that double-sided tape would be a better solution that a professional alternation), and the length, even after bustled, was too long. All my guests were tripping on my dress throughout the night. Also, because of the ill-fitted bust, part of my bra could be seen in my wedding photos. Save yourself the headache. Buy and alter your dress elsewhere.

2017-05-02T11:45:31 Response from the vendor

We are happy to hear you had a pleasant experience when purchasing your gown. It seems there may have been some break down in communication after your gown arrived and during the alterations process. Our seamstress is talented, thoughtful, and fastidious in her work. It... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Beth H

Purchased our daughter's wedding dress there. Staff was friendly and helpful. The dress selection was amazing..Best around.

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Matthew F

Autumn was so helpful! It was a joy working with her and the other staff

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Jennifer D

Being a plus size bride isn't easy. I had gone to a "regular" boutique that only had 1 dress in my size that I could try on. All of the other dresses had to be held up from behind so I couldn't get a real feel of what the dress would look on my body or how it would feel. I also... Read More couldn't show any of my family members who were anxiously waiting for me to come out in a gown. Luckily, Curvaceous Couture had an entire room of dresses in my size and budget. I was able to try on many beautiful dresses and show my family. I picked a beautiful Allure gown that my guests complimented me on all night!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Marissa O

I can't say ENOUGH great things about this bridal boutique. The ladies here are very professional and so gracious. I went in without knowing what type of dress I wanted but it only took about 2 dresses before the stylist knew what I looked good in and what I liked. I would... Read More recommend them to anyone and especially any plus size bride. Their dress selection was impeccable!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Mallory M

I cannot say enough good things about the ladies at Curvaceous Couture!! Going to different bridal salons was not a great experience for me. I felt like there was never enough selection. When I came here I was able to try on whatever style of dress I wanted. The staff made me... Read More feel like a bride, not just a number or a fat girl. I could fit in the sample dresses (which was a huge confidence boost) and they listened to what I had to say. I had a vision and they made it a reality for my special day!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Samantha M

I just purchased my gown on Saturday 7/30/16 and it was the best experience that I could have asked for! Sophie was my consultant and she was amazing! She let me flirt with my gown for a ridiculous amount of time, try something else on, and then put me back in my dream dress and... Read More let me stare at myself for even longer than the first time! I said at least 100x during my appointment that I was loving every second of it. I went to several stores before traveling from PA to MD to go to Curvaceous Couture and let me tell you, as a curvy girl- it seemed like the consultants in those stores had some weird problem with my body that they were trying to force on me. I am SO comfortable in my skin, and I'm not too far above our national average- but boy were people rude! The things that come out of some people's mouths without thought are horrendous. I think that I almost settled on a gown prior to CC because it fit!! At CC, EVERYTHING fit. I was trying the most gorgeous gowns that FIT. That alone is amazing to me. I was able to have my bridal moment where I fell in LOVE with my gown. I didn't just like it because I could get it over my butt. I fell in love with Maggie Sottero's Marianne gown in blush. Love my gown, love my consultant for dealing with me, LOVED my experience. It was undoubtedly worth the drive and will continue to be worth it every single time that I return to MD for my alterations!! Also, Sophie is amazing, but the other gals are super nice, too! I highly recommend Curvaceous Couture! It was everything I ever dreamed my bridal experience should be!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Kirsten M

I was dreading going dress shopping, but the ladies at Curvaceous Couture made it an amazing experience. My consultant picked out the PERFECT dress for me and I fell in love with it instantly. I cannot recommend this place enough for ladies who want to be able to try on gorgeous... Read More gowns in their own size. I can't wait to wear my beautiful dress on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Shabray S

If I could give them a million star rating, I would! My experience with Curvaceous Couture meant the world to me as a Bride. They took such great care of me. I was able to find a dress that I absolutely loved, that captured everything that I was looking for in a wedding dress... Read More and it was at an amazing price. I may have tried two other bridal salons during my process but one, I couldn't fit the samples, and two, their service level just didn't compare to Curvaceous Couture's. They have an amazing staff and they have amazing dresses for curvy women. They provide you with the experience that you are looking for as a curvy bride that you cannot get anywhere else. Just hands down amazing!!! Special shout out to Shannon, Amy and the owners Mom, they were by my side every step of the way, felt like family when it was all said and done. Thank you so so much, my dress was EVERYTHING!!!!! I will forever and ever recommend Curvaceous Couture to Brides!!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Eileen S

I'm actually the mother of the bride. We live in Charlotte, NC, and it was SO worth the 7+ hr roadtrip to Baltimore to get my daughter's wedding gown from Curvaceous Couture. My daughter is a super plus-size woman and I wanted her to have plenty of selections to try, and to have... Read More the very best experience possible when choosing her gown. We were so very lucky to have found Curvaceous Couture. Everyone at the shop was wonderful, and so kind and supportive. They took very good care of my daughter (and me too; I got my dress for her wedding from them as well!). We will be making another drive up to Baltimore in October for her first alterations appointment, and we're actually looking forward to it! I just can't say enough about how positive this experience was for my daughter. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Let Down!

Reviewed on 2/02/2015

I was very excited to visit this shop, but in the end was very let down. When I walked into the shop it was like stepping into a reality television show. There were cameras and crew members everywhere. My appointment started late and I was rushed through gowns in the fitting... Read More room. It was not what a bridal appointment should be. With men everywhere, spaces in the curtains, and cameras all over the place, it was so uncomfortable. They didn't give me a heads up or ask if I wanted to reschedule. I tried to stay away from the cameras but as we were leaving we were chased down by a production member in the parking lot saying we were in his shots and had to sign paperwork and have our photo taken holding up the contract. NO WAY IS THIS OK! How unprofessional and disrespectful is this business?! I would not recommend them to anyone. They also were the only place to ask me to go over budget and their selection of lace dresses wasn't impressive. There is a better shop in DC.

Dont put your tv show first

Reviewed on 11/23/2014

Went with a family member when she bought her dress. The selection of dresses was much smaller than I anticipated and most of them were very frilly, lacy, or blingy. I think there were only a handful of dresses that were NOT strapless and few of more classic designs. The... Read More dressing rooms are only separated from the viewing area by curtains that gape and DONT keep the future bride out of view as she has her fitting. While I appreciate the fact that they do carry dresses for larger sizes, they seem to now consider their tv show more important than their customers. Customers are greeted with a sign that says your entering implies consent to be filmed. Then you are badgered by members of the production crew asking for your consent form to be signed or you have to leave when they begin filming. The lighting and atmosphere are not pleasant at all--which is also affected by the brighter lights the film crew needs. I am sorry but this store is not that great that it deserves a tv show and they seem to be risking the satisfaction of their clientele to earn additional $$ from the show. They should at least put the tv show in the back room and save the customers in the front from all that nonsense but instead, the clientele who buy the priciest dresses (over $2K) are kept in the back away from filming .

2014-11-25T17:10:35 Response from the vendor

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties and inconvenience you experienced while at Curvaceous Couture. We strive for the perfection of our products and services and the satisfaction of our customers. We are truly sorry to hear about your experience. We realize that we... Read Less Read More

Curvy Bride

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 jennifer h

The boutique is beautiful, the gowns are gorgeous, and the owners treated me with such care and kindness. I found a gorgeous gown at an amazing price!!! I went through a lot of dresses til I found the right one, but they were patient with me and never gave up looking for my... Read More dream dress!!!

Best Bridal Shop in the MD-DC Area

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Heather G

Being a size 12, I was not looking forward the the wedding dress shopping experience since I know I'm larger than the standard size sample wedding dress. However, my experience at Curvaceous Couture was amazing! The staff was very friendly, upbeat and knowledgeable. I found... Read More my dress on the first visit and felt amazing! The seamstress was a bit intense for me as she told me not to "eat too much or your dress will not fit." However, she did a great job taking in the bustline and creating the bustle. The dress looked amazing and I felt so beautiful on my wedding. I would recommend Curvaceous Couture to any bride.

Wedding dress

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Lauren S

Very happy I found this place! First place I actually went to that had dresses for me to try on that actually were too big! Loved my dress!

Just what I was looking for and then some

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Kristelle H

It has been 2 months since my wedding and people can not stop talking about my dress. After many appointments at other bridal shops and not being able to try on samples of dresses, I made the call to Curvaceous Couture. From the minute I got there, I was able to select 7... Read More different samples to try on. It was so hard to pick just one! The staff really assisted me with everything. They were friendly and patient during the entire process and they really made me feel special. My order came in earlier than expected and even the alteration process was great. I would recommend this shop to anyone looking for the ultimate bridal gown buying experience.

Loved it!

Reviewed on 7/05/2014

Curvaceous Couture was absolutely wonderful. I was visiting family in Maryland and desperately wanted to have the experience of trying on wedding dresses with my mother and sister before I returned to Dallas. I never expected to find my dress in the first shop I went to, but... Read More their selection was so varied and the saleswomen were so wonderful that they made it easy to find the perfect dress.

Yukia & Yuneisia

Sisters Yukia and Yuneisia specialize in dressing curvy brides. Their salon, Curvaceous Couture, stocks high-fashion designer dresses in sizes that fit the bodies of real women. It's hard to believe that they built their brand and opened their first store in their father's basement.