Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Online Ordering, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

9130 T Red Branch Rd, Columbia, MD

Bride - Mrs. Jenkins

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Lisa S

I was so very impressed with the ladies at Curvaceous Couture. First of all the fact that they only specialize in "Sexy Curvy Girls" I loved it, you have to be a size 14 to 24 to shop there and all of the gowns go from simple to blinged out. Its a great variety of gowns for us... Read More "Sexy Curvy Girl". The ladies there are very nice to EVERYONE it doesnt matter what walks of life you come from and I really love them for that and the services is EXCELLENT. And I just want to add that its a black owned bridal place and it has that very high class stature and all the ladies have that very warm and inviting attitude that made my experience there great. They really know how to make each bride feel special. I luck up and found them on the internet after trying so many other bridal places that really didnt have any "show stopper" gowns for us "real size women". The bridal gown I got at Curvaceous Couture was SO BEAUTIFUL and everyone at my wedding couldnt stop telling me so but the number one person in my book that I couldnt wait to see it was my now husband and he loved my dress as well. I really felt like a princess that day and Curvaceous Couture I owe you wonderful ladies for that and I cant thank you enough. I highly recommend every bride to go CURVACEOUS COUTURE you will not regret it. Sincerely, Lisa

Terrific experience!

Reviewed on 12/18/2013 Erin B

This shop was such an amazing place to look for and purchase a gown. They have a large selection of stunning gowns and they fit women who are larger than the typical sample size. The store is a beautiful spacious place to shop with great mirrors to admire the gorgeous dresses.... Read More My consultant was incredibly helpful (Shannon) and she really listened to me. She found the perfect dress for me! I've ordered it and am excitedly anticipating its arrival! Thank you, Curvaceous Couture!

Easy, fun, and gorgeous!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Natalie C

Curvaceous Couture is fabulous. I had such a wonderful(and quick) time finding my wedding gown at their shop. It was quick simply because they helped me find the absolute perfect dress. They are lovely, flexible, and professional.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Samantha M

I just purchased my gown on Saturday 7/30/16 and it was the best experience that I could have asked for! Sophie was my consultant and she was amazing! She let me flirt with my gown for a ridiculous amount of time, try something else on, and then put me back in my dream dress and... Read More let me stare at myself for even longer than the first time! I said at least 100x during my appointment that I was loving every second of it. I went to several stores before traveling from PA to MD to go to Curvaceous Couture and let me tell you, as a curvy girl- it seemed like the consultants in those stores had some weird problem with my body that they were trying to force on me. I am SO comfortable in my skin, and I'm not too far above our national average- but boy were people rude! The things that come out of some people's mouths without thought are horrendous. I think that I almost settled on a gown prior to CC because it fit!! At CC, EVERYTHING fit. I was trying the most gorgeous gowns that FIT. That alone is amazing to me. I was able to have my bridal moment where I fell in LOVE with my gown. I didn't just like it because I could get it over my butt. I fell in love with Maggie Sottero's Marianne gown in blush. Love my gown, love my consultant for dealing with me, LOVED my experience. It was undoubtedly worth the drive and will continue to be worth it every single time that I return to MD for my alterations!! Also, Sophie is amazing, but the other gals are super nice, too! I highly recommend Curvaceous Couture! It was everything I ever dreamed my bridal experience should be!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Kirsten M

I was dreading going dress shopping, but the ladies at Curvaceous Couture made it an amazing experience. My consultant picked out the PERFECT dress for me and I fell in love with it instantly. I cannot recommend this place enough for ladies who want to be able to try on gorgeous... Read More gowns in their own size. I can't wait to wear my beautiful dress on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Shabray S

If I could give them a million star rating, I would! My experience with Curvaceous Couture meant the world to me as a Bride. They took such great care of me. I was able to find a dress that I absolutely loved, that captured everything that I was looking for in a wedding dress... Read More and it was at an amazing price. I may have tried two other bridal salons during my process but one, I couldn't fit the samples, and two, their service level just didn't compare to Curvaceous Couture's. They have an amazing staff and they have amazing dresses for curvy women. They provide you with the experience that you are looking for as a curvy bride that you cannot get anywhere else. Just hands down amazing!!! Special shout out to Shannon, Amy and the owners Mom, they were by my side every step of the way, felt like family when it was all said and done. Thank you so so much, my dress was EVERYTHING!!!!! I will forever and ever recommend Curvaceous Couture to Brides!!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Eileen S

I'm actually the mother of the bride. We live in Charlotte, NC, and it was SO worth the 7+ hr roadtrip to Baltimore to get my daughter's wedding gown from Curvaceous Couture. My daughter is a super plus-size woman and I wanted her to have plenty of selections to try, and to have... Read More the very best experience possible when choosing her gown. We were so very lucky to have found Curvaceous Couture. Everyone at the shop was wonderful, and so kind and supportive. They took very good care of my daughter (and me too; I got my dress for her wedding from them as well!). We will be making another drive up to Baltimore in October for her first alterations appointment, and we're actually looking forward to it! I just can't say enough about how positive this experience was for my daughter. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Let Down!

Reviewed on 2/02/2015

I was very excited to visit this shop, but in the end was very let down. When I walked into the shop it was like stepping into a reality television show. There were cameras and crew members everywhere. My appointment started late and I was rushed through gowns in the fitting... Read More room. It was not what a bridal appointment should be. With men everywhere, spaces in the curtains, and cameras all over the place, it was so uncomfortable. They didn't give me a heads up or ask if I wanted to reschedule. I tried to stay away from the cameras but as we were leaving we were chased down by a production member in the parking lot saying we were in his shots and had to sign paperwork and have our photo taken holding up the contract. NO WAY IS THIS OK! How unprofessional and disrespectful is this business?! I would not recommend them to anyone. They also were the only place to ask me to go over budget and their selection of lace dresses wasn't impressive. There is a better shop in DC.

Dont put your tv show first

Reviewed on 11/23/2014

Went with a family member when she bought her dress. The selection of dresses was much smaller than I anticipated and most of them were very frilly, lacy, or blingy. I think there were only a handful of dresses that were NOT strapless and few of more classic designs. The... Read More dressing rooms are only separated from the viewing area by curtains that gape and DONT keep the future bride out of view as she has her fitting. While I appreciate the fact that they do carry dresses for larger sizes, they seem to now consider their tv show more important than their customers. Customers are greeted with a sign that says your entering implies consent to be filmed. Then you are badgered by members of the production crew asking for your consent form to be signed or you have to leave when they begin filming. The lighting and atmosphere are not pleasant at all--which is also affected by the brighter lights the film crew needs. I am sorry but this store is not that great that it deserves a tv show and they seem to be risking the satisfaction of their clientele to earn additional $$ from the show. They should at least put the tv show in the back room and save the customers in the front from all that nonsense but instead, the clientele who buy the priciest dresses (over $2K) are kept in the back away from filming .

2014-11-25T17:10:35 Response from the vendor

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties and inconvenience you experienced while at Curvaceous Couture. We strive for the perfection of our products and services and the satisfaction of our customers. We are truly sorry to hear about your experience. We realize that we... Read Less Read More

Curvy Bride

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 jennifer h

The boutique is beautiful, the gowns are gorgeous, and the owners treated me with such care and kindness. I found a gorgeous gown at an amazing price!!! I went through a lot of dresses til I found the right one, but they were patient with me and never gave up looking for my... Read More dream dress!!!

Best Bridal Shop in the MD-DC Area

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Heather G

Being a size 12, I was not looking forward the the wedding dress shopping experience since I know I'm larger than the standard size sample wedding dress. However, my experience at Curvaceous Couture was amazing! The staff was very friendly, upbeat and knowledgeable. I found... Read More my dress on the first visit and felt amazing! The seamstress was a bit intense for me as she told me not to "eat too much or your dress will not fit." However, she did a great job taking in the bustline and creating the bustle. The dress looked amazing and I felt so beautiful on my wedding. I would recommend Curvaceous Couture to any bride.

Wedding dress

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Lauren S

Very happy I found this place! First place I actually went to that had dresses for me to try on that actually were too big! Loved my dress!

Just what I was looking for and then some

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Kristelle H

It has been 2 months since my wedding and people can not stop talking about my dress. After many appointments at other bridal shops and not being able to try on samples of dresses, I made the call to Curvaceous Couture. From the minute I got there, I was able to select 7... Read More different samples to try on. It was so hard to pick just one! The staff really assisted me with everything. They were friendly and patient during the entire process and they really made me feel special. My order came in earlier than expected and even the alteration process was great. I would recommend this shop to anyone looking for the ultimate bridal gown buying experience.

Loved it!

Reviewed on 7/05/2014

Curvaceous Couture was absolutely wonderful. I was visiting family in Maryland and desperately wanted to have the experience of trying on wedding dresses with my mother and sister before I returned to Dallas. I never expected to find my dress in the first shop I went to, but... Read More their selection was so varied and the saleswomen were so wonderful that they made it easy to find the perfect dress.

Do not recommend

Reviewed on 7/05/2014

I was excited to go to this bridal shop because I am a curvy older woman. I really liked the sales staff and was very comfortable there. I bought two formal dresses one for my youngest son's Nov. wedding and one for my oldest son's Dec. wedding. When the dresses came in I had... Read More the alterations done there, at great expense. That is where the problems arose. The first dress (for Nov) was less problematic but I was unable to raise my arms!!!! I was told the fabric wasn't stretchy. I have certainly worn "non-stretchy"dresses and could lift my arms. I felt restricted. The second dress was a HUGE disaster. It was ordered much to large and the alterations rendered it unwearable. I tried asserting myself but there was such little time left and I was panicking that this could not be "nade right" I gave up, took the dress and bought a different dress off the rack from another shop. I actually spent closer to 1700.00 for the two dresses I wasted a large amount of $ that I really could not afford. The moral of the tale, if you go there do not have it altered there and be careful of the size that is ordered!! what was once a potentially lovely purple gown was a purple disaster! never worn wasted$ and given to Good Will.

Great dresses and alterations!

Reviewed on 7/04/2014 Alexandra K

This is a wonderful place to find a dress if you are slightly larger than the typical bridal sample sizes! It was great to be able to try on dresses and actually put them on and see how they would look. I did feel like while the service was good, occasionally it was not the... Read More most professional. I often was left standing awkwardly at the door while employees chatted at return visits. My initial appointment though, they were very flexible and accommodating! They allowed me to have a large group and take over the store, and I was able to find my dress with my out of state family there. It was a great experience! Fittings and subsequent visits were less flexible and less professional, but I would still completely recommend this location. The selections of dresses were great, and the alterations were excellent although very expensive. Highly recommended for alterations as well.

Thank goodness for Curvaceous Couture!

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Hilary H

I am a busty gal and certainly a little thicker than the National average. I had been to a few other shops to try on some dresses and either they didn't fit over my hips/boobs or they gave everyone else in the shop a free look at my goodies. It was basically impossible to get an... Read More idea for how the dress would look on my body. I was fearful I was going to have to settle for something that I didn't actually want. Thank goodness for Curvaceous Couture! They had several dresses for me to try and multiple different styles. I am a very simple bride, so Curvaceous Couture's seamstress is custom making my dress! AND it's even in the price range I was hoping to stay within! All of the staff is super friendly and welcoming! I could NOT be any happier! I wish I could give them 100 stars!

Beautiful Dresses & Great Service

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Brienne M

I chose this shop because the reviews were excellent. They absolutely lived up to my expectations. I walked in to the shop to make an appointment and I was really impressed. The shop is big and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. From beginning to end, I visited the... Read More shop 6 times (including my initial visit) and each time I had a pleasant experience. The dresses were great. I only tried on a few, but I ended up purchasing the first dress that I tried on. The sales representative brought me exactly what I asked for in the first round. My experience was so positive, that my mother bought her dress from them as well and her experience was equally as positive. I must mention that the seamstress is fantastic! My dress fit like a glove.

Fun and Fabulous

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 Natalie C

It was truly a fun and easy going process gown shopping at Curvaceous Couture. The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I always felt like I was in the hands of experts.

GREAT PLACE!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Randi

Thank you all so much for everything. My experience was excellent and much better than I expected. Everyone was friendly, patient, and happy there! Kudos! Special thanks to Cathy! She was the BEST consultant I could have asked for!

Finally the "Dream Wedding Dress Shopping Experience" for plus sized

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

Thank you to these women for having this vision and executing on bringing plus size women the dream wedding dress shopping experience. The dress options were a dream and the show room is exquisite and rivals all the popular tv shows! The seamstress was outstanding and fixed... Read More 3 dresses for me in one fitting. I have never had a seamstress get a garment to fit my body in one go. It was incredible. Everyone was so friendly and supportive.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Katie D

Let's just say I am a curvy lady who was dreading trying on wedding dresses. I knew most sample sizes were a 10 and smaller and that is not me. I found out about Curvaceous Couture from Google and hesitantly made an appt. I brought my mom and maid of honor to the appt because I... Read More didn't want to embarrass myself in front of too many people. The staff was incredible and I felt comfortable right away! They were all so helpful and made me feel beautiful on that first visit as well as every visit to follow. Although I was not planning on finding a dress in that first visit, I found my wedding dress in the second one I tried on! Such an amazing selection and kind staff part of me wishes I could go back and just play dress up with the ladies in the shop.

The Perfect Bridal Boutique!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Kristelle H

From my first appointment to the time I order my dress, all the staff at Curvaceous Couture were so accommodating. They took the time to listen to my needs and really understand my vision. Their selection of dresses is out of this world and for every price point! My entire... Read More experience was great and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a curvaceous bridal gown!

Simply Pleased!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Danielle G

As a full figured bride I searched for my beautiful bridal gown and so not pleased with what I found until I found Curvaceous Couture Bridal Boutique! The staff was so helpful. I loved my experience from the moment I walked in the the bridal shop. The bridal collection was... Read More awesome!!! I will recommend this shop to any new bride! They will not be disappointed!!

The Happy Bride

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Sha`Ron T

If it wasn't for the ladies at Curvaceous Couture I don't know what I would have done. Mary's Boutique in Annapolis, MD not only took at that time my husband money and my deposit, I had no wedding gown. They asked us if we could changed the wedding date to make sure the gown... Read More would be back in time and we did, yet they stole our money. My sister -in-law recommended Curvaceous since time was of the essence. I was not happy about not having the wedding gown I search high and low for and finally find it. From the conversation on the phone until I arrived at Curvaceous the owner worked with me. Not only did I find a gown that compliment my hips everyone was caring, and did everything to put a smile on my face. I would highly recommend this boutique to all full figure ladies. You will get personal attention from start to finish. Thank You every one at Curvaceous Couture Bridal Collection for making my day

Yukia & Yuneisia

Sisters Yukia and Yuneisia specialize in dressing curvy brides. Their salon, Curvaceous Couture, stocks high-fashion designer dresses in sizes that fit the bodies of real women. It's hard to believe that they built their brand and opened their first store in their father's basement.