Cute Cakes

Serving the Greater San Diego Area!

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

345 West Grand Avenue, Escondido, CA
Serving the Greater San Diego Area!

Reviewed on 10/16/2013 Candace C

The cake turned out exactly how we wanted it and was delicious! All of our guests commented on how good it was

Absolutely amazing cake!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Megan M

To start, the tasting was a wonderful experience. They had a folder of information ready for us with our names on it, which was a nice, personal touch. They do a component tasting with the cakes and icing/fillings separately. Everything was very organized - and it all tasted... Read More AMAZING. Their butter creams are the best I've ever had. I didn't have an exact idea of the design but they walked us through different ideas and had a ton of photos to browse with all different designs. The team at Cute Cakes was very easy to work with through out the planning process. We ended up choosing 4 different flavors. And the cake was beyond what I had imagined. It tasted so fresh, and looked beautiful. I'd highly recommend them!!

Super tasty!!

Reviewed on 9/02/2013 Rachel K

We found Cute Cakes from for our wedding in July 2013! We chose them because they had a good selection of flavors including basic ones, which we really enjoy. We contacted them via email and it was really easy to book a tasting. We were impressed that they had... Read More a folder with our names and tasting sheets ready to go, it made it really easy to keep track of the samples! We were given small amounts of every cake and frosting that they had. We had a lot of fun sampling and the cakes were very tasty! Although it is a simple choice, we just fell in love with the vanilla cake with raspberry buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream on the outside. Our guests raved about the cake!! We also added a different flavor in the 2nd tier to mix things up. We had marble cake with chocolate buttercream filling! Both flavors were not left on the table for very long!! Jill did a great job going through everything with us and setting up the cake. She was very nice and did a great job on our cake, penguin cake topper, and adding the flowers! My only comment to improve the process is to make sure all of the questions are asked upfront about the cake board color, who is placing flowers and the charge, and ensure it is clear what they are making. We were not asked these questions when we placed our order, but when I called to add a tier Jill asked me at that time and I am sure glad that she did!!! Awesome cakes and we will be back!!! We can't wait to have the top tier on our anniversary!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Lynnette B

Our cake was above and beyond our expectations. The flavors were amazing and the actual look of the cake was breath taking. The details of the gum paste flowers were outstanding!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Hanh N

We loved our wedding cake from Cute Cakes. Sara is a pleasure to work with. She replies promptly and is very helpful. We didn't have any issues during the process or with delivery. The cake looked exactly like the picture I sent. Our guests loved the flavor (strawberry with... Read More vanilla custard and got great compliments. We would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Paige H

We ordered our wedding cupcakes through Cute Cakes and they were a hit! From consultation to the day of, the process was smooth and the cupcakes were delicious! This will definitely not be our last time using Cute Cakes <3

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Marilyn I

We loved our nautical buttercream wedding cake! We had a destination wedding to San Diego, where I grew up, and I was nervous about working with vendors out of state. Cute Cakes was very knowledgeable about what designs would and wouldn't work with the type of materials we... Read More wanted incorporated. They were very personable and made our decision easy. The cake was moist and the two flavors we picked were delicious. I would highly recommend using Cute Cakes as your wedding cake vendor.

Reviewed on 3/05/2016 lisa g

Yummy cake , great employees, and gorgeous cakes! I was so happy with everything. Our wedding cake was exactly what I wanted.

Reviewed on 3/01/2016 Gabriela G

All the flavors were delicious, the only problem we had was choosing a cake flavor. So many options and amazing designs 💕

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Jenny S

Everything about Cute Cakes was fantastic. During the tasting they gave us actual wedding cake slices that were fresh and delicious (other vendors had given us dried cupcakes to try). While there, we were also fortunate enough to run into the owner who gave us very good design... Read More advice as well. The day of our wedding everything was fabulous. The cake was delivered on time, looked absolutely gorgeous, and tasted delicious - and very fresh (a hard combination to come by, especially since we got married the day after Thanksgiving). I would absolutely recommend Cute Cakes, they did an amazing job - it was definitely worth the price.

Reviewed on 1/12/2016

From the cake tasting to the finished product, Cute Cakes was a pleasure to deal with! All of their employees are very friendly and they are able to turn your vision into a reality. We tried 6 different cake flavors at our tasting, and ended up ordering 5 out of the 6 for our... Read More wedding cake and cupcakes because they were all so delicious! We couldn't have been more happy with the process!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Christina L

My fiancé (at the time) and I had done one other tasting before this one and we were BLOWN away with these people! Their whole staff was super friendly and as soon as we pulled up, they immediately got us a complementary coffee and waters. They have an adorable tasting room in... Read More Escondido too! They had a sign waiting for us that said congratulations and welcoming us too, they just made it very special!! They brought out the cakes already put together with the icing and fillings so we could really experience what it would taste like rather than just having little cupcakes and trying the stuff that way! Every cake was sooooo good though, we could barely narrow it down to three! We ended up going with raspberry strawberry filling with vanilla funfetti cake(they through in the sprinkles special for us to make it look like funfetti), the marbel cake and red velvet cake and we had them in different layers. They also allowed us to try the small desserts and all of them ended up being extremely reasonably priced! We ended up getting a 3 tiered cake and 8 dozen small desserts for 200 dollars less than we were quoted for just a 3 tiered cake at the place we were at before!!! It was such an amazing experience and our cake looked exactly what we asked for and it was beautiful and delicious! In my experience, wedding cakes were never very tasty but every layer of ours and our small desserts were decadent!! You have to go to this place, its amazing and the staff's coordination was on point!!!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Lynda H

We booked Cute Cakes for our wedding at the Hilton Garden Inn – Carlsbad Paradise Package. We selected three types of cake for our three tiered cake. All three were great! Especially the carrot cake. We ended up eating all of the cake at the wedding, so we’ll be heading back... Read More for our 1 year anniversary to grab another slice.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Ashley S

From the cake tasting until our wedding day, Cute Cakes far exceeded our expectations! Our cake was exactly how we envisioned it and of course, delicious! The red velvet was definitely our favorite! Thank you so much Cute Cakes!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Alejandro B

The cake was not only delicious but beautiful! Allie was a great help and very attentive to e-mails. The red velvet was so delicious! Everyone loved it

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Peace S

This review is long overdue. Cute Cakes works with the Twin Oaks House & Gardens and we had the pleasure of working with both vendors for our dream wedding on 06/13/15. We went for a tasting and planning meeting two months before our June wedding and it was such an enjoyable... Read More experience! They had reserved a table for us with a cute welcome sign. We had a few ideas, but Sara was patient and guided us through the process. Our cake turned out better than I imagined. I was in awe when I saw the finished product the day of the wedding! Many of our guests said the cake tasted amazing! Thank you Cute Cakes for helping us to have a fabulous wedding!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Rhea Tallada

We absolutely loved our wedding cake that Cute Cakes made for us! It was so beautiful and extremely delicious!! My husband and I had a fun experience during the cake tasting, and they nailed every detail we wanted. I HIGHLY recommend them! Rhea and Steven - Enicinitas, CA

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Cristina C

Our cake was exactly what I had hoped for! Everyone at Cute Cakes made us feel so special during our tasting. They were super helpful and made picking out our cake a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Randi T

Cute cakes did our wedding cake and cupcakes, and I would highly recommend them. The cake tasting was a lot of fun, and they work with you to make sure everything is exactly as you want (I think we tried like 25 difference combos). We ended up having 4 types of... Read More cupcakes--carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (my favorite!), lemon with lemon custard, vanilla with vanilla custard dipped in chocolate ganache, and vanilla with raspberry mouse and dark chocolate shavings. Each cupcake was decorated differently, and they were very specific and detailed during the tasting so that everything turned out perfect for the wedding. The cupcakes at the wedding were beautiful, and so delicious. Our guests still comment about how delicious the cupcakes were and how they loved being able to choose from 4 different flavors.

Reviewed on 8/12/2015

Working with Cute Cakes was so great and stress free! They made out wedding cake, which turned out delicious and just how we had hoped! To save cost, we ordered a smaller (2-tier) "wedding cake" and then enough of their sheet cake to feed a couple hundred people. They were the... Read More only place that I found that layers the sheet cake exactly like the wedding cake, so when the slices are cut and served, no one knows it came from a sheet! I thought that was awesome. They are very timely in responding to emails which is very appreciated for trying to plan a wedding, and they offered delivery for a fair price. Of course the most important factor with cakes is taste, and Cute Cakes nailed it. We went to a tasting that was very fun and helped make the decision to order the apple-walnut cake with cream cheese frosting...SO many people complimented us on the cake at the wedding! So moist, delicious, and perfect for out outdoor/rustic wedding. Thank you Cute Cakes!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Cristina C

They made us feel so special when we arrived for our tasting and it was so hard to decide what flavors because everything was delicious! I think we ate every bit of all the samples! We ended up with a 6 tier cake that had 5 different flavors and all of our guests loved the... Read More different choices! It was decorated beautifully! I would highly recommend Cute Cakes for all of your cake needs!

Great cake!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Haley L

I got married in July cute cakes did a great job making my cake exactly what I wanted. I requested white chocolate covered strawberries on my cake and they were attached with toothpicks and fell out of the cake before I even arrived at the reception. But the cake was so yummy! I... Read More would definitely give them my service again.

Beautiful and delicious wedding cake!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Lisa W

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and really delicious! I don't live in San Diego, so I worked with Allie over the phone. I told her about certain things that I liked from pictures that I saw of their cakes online, and they drew up a customized design. We also got to... Read More pick different delicious flavor for each layer of our tiered cake. Allie was flexible and easy to work with. The cake turned out beautifully, and was very moist and delicious. I thought we got an outstanding cake for the money with Cute Cakes. Photo of our cake:

Reviewed on 6/23/2015

Cute Cakes made our wedding cake this past weekend. It was beautiful! Exactly as I had pictured! Love it!

Great cake!

Reviewed on 4/17/2015 Sylvia R

We loved our wedding cake! It looked and tasted great. The customer service was above average and the price was reasonable. Highly recommend.

Start a Conversation!